Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts, hear more gold podcast playlists and listen live on the free I.
Speaker 2: Heart app that ainything.
Speaker 3: Good. Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast. Here's a chemist warehouse.
Speaker 1: And save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store every day. Hey, pod Squad, My new book Unscript, The Radical Actor Being Yourself is now actually out, which actually means you can buy online or in your good independent bookshops, and also the audiobook which is voiced by me, and also you can get the kindle as well. So please as you're reading it in the book you'll realize I've got my personal email in there. Please let me know how you get on with it as well. I hope you really enjoy it. Please check it out Unscript The Radical Act of Being Yourself And now today's show.
Speaker 3: Enjoy a Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, pass, Good morning Rio, Good morning, first half hour of every show. Don't know why I was waving at your ab sort of thing they do on children's TV. They waive it or donate to the kids. The kids love a good wave, don't you. Uh we do. We go around the team and we called it double thumbs up. We share our Friday recommendations, Rhea, What is it for you?
Speaker 4: Netflix has just dropped a whole new category. It was a couple of days ago. It's called the Culture Edit and it's my new obsession. It is a series of videos. They've got lots of different series. So one of them is Open Door, which is kind of like MTV Cribs.
Speaker 2: Well love that it's so good.
Speaker 4: So it's like only ten minute episodes and you get to go into celebrities houses and they take you through it oh wow, and you'll find it becomes a bit of a hate watch because you really start to see how out of touch these celebrities are. Grete Pulchow complaining about, oh, you wouldn't believe the trouble I had trying to get this chandelier from a chuteaux in France.
Speaker 1: Rich people's problems on first world problems.
Speaker 2: And it's not quarts.
Speaker 4: It's not quite as good as MTV Cribs because obviously MTV Cribs is rappers, yes, and they have the craziest houses, but it's still good to have a lot of a little peeky boo.
Speaker 2: Choice of Van's got a what do you call it? A bath tub in his dining room?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Crazy?
Speaker 1: Right, that is odd.
Speaker 5: It's very odd, couldn't you You could?
Speaker 1: You could do both. Actually you could do both?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: What's that? So? What's that called?
Speaker 2: That's called open Door?
Speaker 4: And there's also another series called of Varying Quality in the Bag, And this is where celebrity is open what's in their handbags? Often do your you know, adult jigabata and tell them what's in there?
Speaker 1: I sign up to a substat once a week what's in mine now? And really is what is in your bag? And the amount of stuff I end up buying? Because that was a nice pen and fount. I'm just waiting on some pens that I saw in last week's one of it. Oh no, I'd watch that. I love paying through other people's bags.
Speaker 2: Louis Therow's bag, this is what was it?
Speaker 1: Actually?
Speaker 2: What do you think would be in Louis theros.
Speaker 1: Pad, pencils, AirPods.
Speaker 2: Correct, it is very dull.
Speaker 1: And a Penguin Traassic novel. So like Charles Pickwick papers.
Speaker 2: There is a memoir in there.
Speaker 4: There's also dental floss, rain proof trousers because that's a very Louis proof.
Speaker 1: Well, he lives in England just in case he needs to. You might think it odd, but I think that's good planning.
Speaker 4: And he also wears a neck gator. Is that what you would call it? Where he gets recognized in public too much? So you think that's like a scarf?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Like a snooch walks around London like this mate?
Speaker 1: I mean you're not that famous. What are people going to say they like your documentaries?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't think hide behind the mouse.
Speaker 1: I tell you who does. Who has his own strategy for dealing people to recognize him. It is Ricky Gervaise. I've never seen anyone I walk quickly, Rookie. It's almost like a run. And his theory is by the time people have gone wait, is that he's two hundred meters up the road.
Speaker 2: He walks so quickly he powers powers. That's a great strategy.
Speaker 1: It's better than a net gator.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're going around the team with our Friday recommendations. We call it double thumbs up, Patty, What's for you this week?
Speaker 5: A great series? I Will find You with Sam Worthington on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Oh so good as one of the best shows of the year. Love this That's relentless, isn't.
Speaker 5: It Based on Harlan Coben's book. He's executive director as well. I really like this And I won't tell you what the plot is about because it will give it away, but it's probably the.
Speaker 1: Title population you know, I will find you.
Speaker 2: I know it's kind of you're looking for.
Speaker 5: But he's really intense in this. I wasn't, to be honest, not that much of a fan of Sam Worthington and Test until I saw this and I thought, No, he's brilliant in this.
Speaker 1: He carries the whole thing. The actress also plays is a sister in law, is fantastic in it as well. She's brilliant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, No.
Speaker 5: I loved it and the backstories and how it's all unpeeled. It's great. I hadn't read the book before, so it was new to me. The other thing, we are rediscovering supernatural with our fifteen year old Sea. She loves that genre and she's right into it. And there was nothing better than Sunday. We were having a lazy day and we thought maybe we'll watch some after breakfast, so we called out, Hey, do you want to come and watch some supernatural? And she was there in a flash, and there is nothing better.
Speaker 1: Especially when you got like a couple of seasons. Yeah, that's why I mean the girls. I got them into probably a way too young age of Gray's Anatomy. Yeah, ten was too young and to a ten year old and eight year old. Both of them now have phobias about medicine stuff like that. And that actually is on me. But twenty twenty four seasons later, we're still hanging out. What'sing grazyenough?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 1: Yes, Dad, you actually did. I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: That is on me because everything goes wrong there. Yes, every week something must go wrong. It's not healthy for an eight year old and ten year old. But I know what you mean about having those shows you watch with your kids. People just search so much fuss about you've got to go and camping with your kids, and that is important, But actually that quality junk time watching if it's the best.
Speaker 5: Just sitting on the couch right next to U in the moment, off our.
Speaker 1: Phones, off your faces.
Speaker 5: No, but she's going camping with school, and.
Speaker 1: So after breakfast or pants means five in the afternoon. As he wakes up at four pm on a Saturday, and.
Speaker 5: No, she's going on school camp in four weeks. So I said to her last night, maybe it might be an idea to just go a bit lighter on the Supernatural because we're doing like three episodes a night. She might get scared. Anyway. The next thing that I'm really excited peaching Kingston. Well, it's kind of like a pudding. It's on social media everywhere. It's this dessert and I've made one for Rios to taste and see.
Speaker 2: Thanks so easy.
Speaker 5: All you do get a packet I used too of Kingston biscuits, line a cake tin or a baking dish and then just smack on the top a whole can of peaches in syrup. That's all it is. Put it in the oven.
Speaker 1: And I I guess you've got a really old relative because they canned peach.
Speaker 5: It was so funny when we opened the can, Chris and I were like, oh my god, we can't remember the last time peaches.
Speaker 2: We were like six years.
Speaker 1: Lay something in gave you. I am saying that my grandparents homos those ten peaches and pineapple chunks.
Speaker 8: And anyway, here you go everywhere on Instagram and it caramelizes really beautifully like I'm on Master Chef.
Speaker 1: Okay, master Chef, and out of the can this week is can we got master Chef?
Speaker 2: That is good?
Speaker 1: Is that nice? That is actually pretty small mouthway? Oh wow, it is. I won't have any more this ship, but I freeze the rest, like she says.
Speaker 5: Turn the lights down low, put some ry white on and for you, and really, okay, it is so easy. It's dead easy and a great Why why are you not convinced?
Speaker 1: It's just he literally had the time. He's doing more.
Speaker 2: It's actually very nice.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: You might like Christian Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're doing Double thumbs Up, where you share what you're into and what you're enjoying in the moment. What would you recommend? Text me? Are your recommendations for Double thumbs Up? Four seven, five three, one oh four three? Bizarrely, one of mine is actually Harlan Coben a series of his books. He's written lots of books and he's done his big mega deal with Netflix. He's a genius thriller writer. But he's just done a deal now. He wrote a series of books a couple of years ago about a sports agent who is also kind of a detective. There were great series of books there, Myron Bolatar series. It's like six or seven brilliant books. I love them. You'll read them in a day or two, really addictive. And I actually message him two years ago of interview years ago when we sort of kept in touch. So you've got to do the Myron series. This has been announce they're doing. It's bringing it to Netflix.
Speaker 2: And you should get a come on that.
Speaker 1: I think it was hard for the work out these books that Netflix keep buying. Haven't got any more of them. But anyway, the books are really really good. So looking for a good series of books right now. Harlan Coben is the author, and it's the Myron Bolotas series, really really good. And then I'm going to tell you now about a TV show and this won't be for all of you when you hear what's about. And I wasn't sure whether I was going to watch it, but I'm so glad I watched it. I've never seen a TV show like this. It's a dramatization of the bombing in nineteen eighty eight of pan Am one oh three. It's called the Bombing of pan Am one oh three and over two hundred and seventy people lost their lives. I've never seen a dramatization that. It's a very on Netflix show. It's not showy, it's very methodical with real dignity at times is more than quiet silences. It is I've never seen a TV show like it is a dramatization, but I tell you what it left me feeling is it's more of a humanization about a horrific terrorist attack. It is incredible just the relentless pursuit of justice from just everyday Scottish police officers and also in America as well. It took the families over twelve years to see justice and only one person was ever prosecuted for the attack. It's stood a great source of upset for the families. But they made this show with the permission of the families that made it, in consultation with them, in collaboration with them. So it's a very very I've never seen a dramatization like it. It's incredible, and the way they ended it was a very respectful note. But also afterwards as they start to show you the real pictures of the people that you just spent the last couple of episodes seeing actors play that I found. I left the end of it thinking I want to be more like those people who were so kind. There's one of my favorites. The story is there were these Scottish mums who became known as the laundry women. And throughout watching it, I kept pausing a couple of times, going, my god, I wonder if that's true or they just added that. And on the FBI's own website, they've got the story of these Scottish women who volunteered. There were so many pieces of evidence that they had to have they couldn't return it to all the families. The scene that everything went over in Scotland was over seven hundred and fifty miles wide. It's one of the biggest crime scenes in the world. And there were literally hundreds of thousands of pieces of items that belonged to various passages and they didn't just have enough time to return it to the families. And then these mums said, well, do you want us to clean the stuff up? We will send it back. We'll take charge of that. They thought would take a couple of weeks. It took them over a year, but they sent back all the items to their families and just seeing those women those small acts of kindness. It was incredibly, very very moving TV show. It's an amazing show. I would say that's one of my shows that wow, really and it's not. It is really sad, but it's just so well done. It reminds you that there are more good people in the world doing great things as well, and that small acts of kindness really do make a difference in somebody's life. It's called the bombing of pan Am one oh three. It's a strange recommendation for me, but asking me really what i've really what's moved me more this year and actually made me think about how can we be more more kind in the world, you know, and not when someone asked you to do something more and more a spirit more generosity. That's what it made me feel at the end of it. Anyway, it's on Netflix. It's a fantastic show, beautifully made.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show on podcast now.
Speaker 1: I have to say this time yesterday I was worried about how Inter and Pete was going on hosting this at home with Christian the first time we've ever done anything like this. It was live on Zoom and we had It was a way of me saying thank you to the people that pre ordered my book, and Pete was going to be like the moderator of it. I have to say, guys, heat did an incredible job. I can't believe actually saying this. Wow, he was incredible. There was only one glitch halfway through and I suddenly saw that he changed his jacket because he spilt wine over it. But I tell you there's a there's a future career for you. I think as an auction here selling houses.
Speaker 2: Yes, I could see him doing that.
Speaker 1: He had all the patter. Anyway, Pete's on the Rose today and then let's player his theme tune and then we cross live to him. He's actually a BONDI this morning.
Speaker 9: Watch Out about watch Out about you better watch out.
Speaker 1: He's in his mum's blue hold and Pete are you there? Good morning, A very good morning.
Speaker 6: Now, congratulations to you last night, Christian. That was just incredible stuff there and a really special moment for the audience as well.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well done to you.
Speaker 6: Like obviously this talk is so important and so huge, but I just want to say I'm located in Bondai, Sidney, Australia, where basically the entire country.
Speaker 1: City is in austream. This is freaking a summary.
Speaker 6: I've got my big ball reporter voice on this morning because.
Speaker 10: We are on the main basically the main road of Bonda, in front of the iconic Bondi lifeguard guards.
Speaker 6: Call it shed or whatever they call it there in front of the beach. Because basically this I didn't realize there's a whole other city going on right here this morning run clubs there would be thousands of people out about getting their final runs in before Sunday's big city to serve. So welcome to Sydney if you are visiting from anywhere Australia. I'm also pretty much at the finish line where one hundred thousand people will cross the line this Sunday, and what they will see is not only pieces of fruit a metal, but the Christian o'connal binstickers, which we are here to cover the entire course.
Speaker 1: It's what it's really what you want want eight. When you crossed that finish line, you've just done this incredible iconic event and you see a bin and then you see an advert for this show and it all just makes sense.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Absolutely, So I'm not sure if you can see them. We've already started placing them through every single bin in bond I this morning, so they are on the bins on the front beaches and we have got thousands, thousands.
Speaker 1: You put them on the public the big silver ones. That's fantastic.
Speaker 6: You know what, where there's a bin, there's a way. That's how it's going to work here this morning, Sydney Run Club. There's about a thousand people that are coming into the finish line already this morning, so we're going to target them.
Speaker 1: They're all going to be like you're exaggerating. It's so busy. It's like it's a Saturday evening down there right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, now the Peters Patrol. Mum's car is parked actually at home this morning. I had to get a driver because I had a couple of wines well after the book launch as well, so we've got to actual drivers the next morning.
Speaker 4: I thought you were trying to get in shape for your city to serve on Saturday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, what's that saying, where there's a bin, there's a way, that doesn't match that one doesn't matter. Look, honestly, it is crazy. There's so many people that have arrived and it just just giving me.
Speaker 1: Didn't Are you giving one of them the last fifteen years you've done this? Are you doing it someday?
Speaker 6: I am. Either way, I will do it in some form. I'm just hoping. Look, I'm happy to walk it if that makes sense. There we know pbs this weekend. I'm just happy. Oh my god, there's so many people get feed.
Speaker 1: You've gone to one last night, your peebs have any red winds?
Speaker 6: Hey for everyone who's visiting. I notice people flying up from Melbourne and across Australia this morning. In the city. Weather for Sunday eighty five percent showers. We're heading for a top of seventeen degrees. But now that's going to be okay, so make sure you rug up on the way into the city. The surfing in the city. There's going to be road closures all.
Speaker 1: Across the city as well.
Speaker 6: So I don't know if you guys wanted the weather or traffic updates, but there you go.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: The one thing I do I do love as well is the sponsors of City to Surf. I've just seen our voltairean that is Ginnie's. I think that's one of the greatest sponsorships. Ever, that is spot off, very.
Speaker 6: So many sponsors and need to be honest by the end. Well, the time we've done here this morning, you're any think Christian O'Connell is the major sponsor of an He thinks like Charahi mam, he haven't been figured that. Don't worry about all goods, shed.
Speaker 3: You're doing a great job the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian was so looking forward to at Home and Christian last night I was unwell, I missed it, Joe, don't worry. I'll send you a link you can watch it back. We're going to be putting out as a podcast as well. One of my oddest moments last night was realizing that someone was there on the zoom. Get this, guys from last night's Bulldog's footy game. They were at the MCG on our zoom. You cannot you can't be at the FCG and looks into zoom.
Speaker 4: One of the chapters about being present, I don't know, tot.
Speaker 1: Maybe they haven't got to that bit yet. Well, they just missed the point in the entire book. Christian, my double thumbs up, there's actually this. Listen to you talk about the Lockerby TV show The Bombing of pan Am, one of three. There's a movie about those Scottish laundry women called The Steamy. You better find it on YouTube. Christian, I agree with Pats about Supernatural for the Win. My son and I started watching it a couple of years ago. I'm burnt through the whole thing. It's fantastic Shannon, thank you very much. I didn't know. Today is Cafe Smart Day, where a lot of cafes around Australia are supporting local homeless charities by donating a dollar from every coffee sold today. If you see the yellow signs around your local cafe that say Cafe Smart, that's what it is, go and buy coffee even if you don't need one. They also have QR codes that you support by donating a little extra. Shannon, thank you very much for the heads up from that, Christian. I'm just halfway through the pan Am TV show. Couldn't agree more what we said. It's a fantastic show. And then Frank is taking an issue with me about my love of chicken crimpies good he never had some. He went out yesterday to bought some Arnot's chicken crimpyece, Christian, I found them boring, large inside and too dry.
Speaker 2: Yes, they are too dry.
Speaker 1: Get out of it, Christian. Why not have a shape off and ask the nation which is the best one? If chicken crimpyes, win, I will give you a v Netta ice cream that I have in my freezer. Trust me, buddy, We've still got hundreds at the radio station. That's not really a prize you could offer me if I win, Christian, I'll have a simple bevel smart toaster that will suffice. Are we on? Noah're not, Frank Patsy. How's the prep going for all these camp Oh she's not a fan?
Speaker 5: Is my old city mouse for school camping? Sadly again, it's another thirty to forty k trick through the wilderness. And I was just thinking, funnily enough, I know it's like Survivor of the fit Is.
Speaker 1: I think it's worse for teenagers. I think they've got going on the moment they're going through that is. It's not going to say a sort of selection.
Speaker 5: Bro it really is. And it's always like it's in four ways time, which is still really cold in Victoria around Melbourne, so it's always cold. But I just thought when I got up this morning. She has never gone on a school camp where they've slept under a proper roof like they've always had tense stingy school always had tense, so she's not looking forward to it this time though. They're like upping the ante. Now they're getting older, so they've got to take their complete kit in a sack on their back, whereas before they've been able to take a double bag.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you now, Percy, when you pick them up at the end of it, they are broken, so it's it's like they were kidnapped and you get them back. They don't even want it. The first thing is they don't want to talk about the ordeal. It takes them a couple of days and then it all comes out, often with tears, which is these horrific stories. The food they barely eat. They just come back grubby, their clothes have an awful smell. Stink.
Speaker 5: She will stink five days.
Speaker 1: There are way I just have a FuG up about the man on a good day, put them Ferrell out of the country. It's a terrible like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have the precious sprayer down when she gets home, but she's away for five days and there's no show.
Speaker 1: How are you going to do with that? Though?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm thinking all the things that I can do the piece and quiet.
Speaker 1: Are you going to move into the Langham? One of the one of the people on the zoom last night said, I met Patsy was in Melbourne traveling around. What did you meet? Did you come to the radio session?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: I met her at the lank I'm not making this up. Everything you say about pats is true. I've met her at the Langham. She's probably having high tel foot seas on the table.
Speaker 5: Stop it anyway, So we had to because she's got to put everything in this pack. I said, let's pack minimally. There's no showers, so you know, just toothbrush, toothpaste, and you will need a pillow and she goes, oh. The teacher said, just like you know, roll up a hoodie and I said, no, you come back with the bag.
Speaker 4: You can't put a pillow into one of those.
Speaker 2: It's going to take up all of you.
Speaker 1: Wear it when you're marching, when you're doing your march, and if you have it round your neck.
Speaker 5: IM yesterday and I got an inflatable pillow which I have to say, well, it doesn't look very comfortable, but I'm hoping it will. So if anyone's got any other tricks or any you know, anyone that sit their.
Speaker 1: Kids on must I tell you what, there'd be some really big super fans of camping that will know A smart hat for having something like a pillow, rolling up a hoodie won't be enough.
Speaker 5: No, it won't. And I'm not going to pay for the physio bill when she gets back because I guarantee, I guarantee your neck will be out. So oh look it's going to be. It's going to be a tough tough four weeks in the lead up and a tough week of but.
Speaker 1: You know, no, I tell you who's going to have a tough when she comes back. You get a tough week to enjoy that week when you don't have a five days Patsy, what she came into her house products.
Speaker 2: This week is glowing at the moment, and you very.
Speaker 1: It's quite dry and crusty. I have a great flow at the moment. I have found on a chicken.
Speaker 5: Please. I've been a bit parched with all the heating, you know, like the heater at home has been on constantly. My skin's actually really dry.
Speaker 1: If you cranked it up to the third bar, you still want or two.
Speaker 5: And about twenty two degrees. So I've got some ole regenerous revitalizing night cream which is beautiful and rich, and I'm finding it's just really giving my skin that thirsty quench that it needs. It's non greasy as well, so you can put it on just before you put your makeup on.
Speaker 1: I think it's I don't think there's anyone in the market you's looking for some real greasy skins.
Speaker 5: But some of them marcuse me.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, your man at chemist Whales, where's the greasy stuff?
Speaker 5: Some of them leave your skin like oil. It's terrible. But this is beautiful. My nan used to use oil of land As used to do.
Speaker 1: It as well. Yeah, it's still got that lovely. There's a certain Smanet house as well that it really.
Speaker 3: Reminds me of the Christian O'Connell show. Podka.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for all your suggestions of what Patsy's daughter Aready could use as a makeshift pillow when she goes school camp in four weeks time. There's a good one here, Patsy, John Christian. She can just use the goon sack she smuggled in as a pillow. Patsy doesn't think all eat drinks. Come on, guys, she's a girl.
Speaker 2: Take one from mama's cabinet. Mama, good luck with that.
Speaker 1: She does not spare any of those. And there's one for each stair of the year, isn't there. They've got their own room, you know if people have the trophy room, but she's got the goo bag. Christian, WHI you can get the blowout camping pillow. Go to the camping stores, not Kmart. That's what do you say, so, Jennifer, Christian, We've just come back from America. For my son's baseball we gave the opposition teams an Australian giftbag, including Chicken crimpyach. They went down very well with the American kids, but they will eat anything that's not really high praise Christian's suggestion for camp bring a small pillowcase. Stuff it with some of her clothes. Oh that is smart.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's not a bad idea.
Speaker 1: Actually that's very good, Christian. I'm with you. I love chicken Crimpys, Chicken Crimpy's and French onion dip for the wind. Now the other day, when I was talking about my love of chicken crimpy, someone said, try it with corn relish dip. I didn't know corn corn relish was a dip and so I went and got somebody of the night. It is disgusting. I don't know where. That person didn't like me, and I said to my wife, Oh, listeners recommended this, So we were quite excited ducking into it. If you would know what vomit would be like in dip form, that's corn.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of corn relish.
Speaker 1: What psychoes. They should be profiling the people that buy it. Christian chicken crimpy has been my favorite shape since I was a young lad in primary school. I'm now sixty five. I'm not allowed to buy them anymore, as I will end the entire box in one sitting. You know what on Monday show, let's we've all got our versions of I'm not allowed to have that anymore, as we, you know, obviously have to look after ourselves a lot better than we used to when we were younger. I imagine that'd be one of the busiest things we've done in the year of what are you not allowed to have anymore? So for Lloyd it's the chicken crimpiece. All right, let's do knock off Friday. All right, let's find out what the team's highlight is this weekend. We're trying to make out some sort of bear grills this morning when he was laughing derisively at us trying to work out a makeshift camping pillow for pantsy bear griels. What are you up to this weekend? And if not the land you werepelling down a cliff face in.
Speaker 4: A way, in a way, I'm heading out into the wild to RuPaul's drag Race down undiverse the world.
Speaker 2: A live viewing of that.
Speaker 1: Oh, that would be great fun. What a great atmosphere be at that?
Speaker 2: It'll be awesome. It's sort of like I was trying to think, is not over for it?
Speaker 1: Is he hosting it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: It is Michelle Brazier, Brasia and Artsimone as well.
Speaker 1: How to get the would have a great night doing that. My kids knew about that. They'd be at that as well. They love those shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they should come along.
Speaker 4: It's I was trying to think, how do I put it in like sports terms for people that aren't big drag race fans.
Speaker 2: It's sort of like it's.
Speaker 1: Like everything in Australia in sports terms. But on Triple Am all right, Bo.
Speaker 2: The Australian.
Speaker 1: You know, I'll just explain it for the latch about RuPaul's drag race.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think a lot of the last listening will be that familiar.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I reckon they will. You shouldn't make assumptions like that. Rio, Okay, it's a gay version of man's playing.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 1: I'm a powerful hetero man and I love RuPaul.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll say no more. I'll say no more.
Speaker 1: Patsy, what are you up to this weekend? There must be a red.
Speaker 5: Carpet some there is a red carpet with my name on it. No, They've got the Neil Diamond tribute show.
Speaker 1: The Beautiful Noise.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, happening. So I'm really looking forward to that. I mean classic music, right, so I'm going to take ah my god.
Speaker 1: All the big songs that I'd be.
Speaker 5: Fantastic, Sweet Carl.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe don't don't ruin somebody else's night out tonight. You know. So you know that we moved actually now about seven or eight months ago, towards the end of last year, we downside we moved. The neighbors are having a welcome to the street party for my wife and I, oh, that's coming along. What a what a lovely thing to do.
Speaker 2: And so where is it? Is it on the street? Is it in someone's house?
Speaker 1: I keep getting it wrong. My wife keeps going, it's not obviously a street party. It's winter at the moment. They're not going to be out in the streets. It's around at somebody's house.
Speaker 2: That is so kind.
Speaker 1: You know, it's really generous, isn't it. I'm real looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Right now, we want to know Fridday knockoff. What is the high light for you this weekend? Some of you are very exciting lives at the weekend. Julia Cellward tweety what a name? Of course you're having a flying lesson tomorrow. The name like Julia Sellwood hyphened Captain Selwyn tweety here this weekend, Christian is my I Patsy You might know with this kind of Starle of dances, what is drill dance? The trade's drill Pikita's.
Speaker 4: Drills pretty like it's a like intense kind of hip hop.
Speaker 2: It's a British it's like British rap o Beli drill dance.
Speaker 1: Anyways, the state championships, good luck to your daughter. Then it's the nationals if they if they win this weekend in two weeks time. A lot of messages coming through about corn reddish dip, and they're all urging me to try Chris's version. Whoever Chris is your husband? Has he got a little side hustle?
Speaker 5: I've never tried the brand? Yeah yeah, yeah, ah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm prepared to go back and try Chris's corn when it's dip because there's so many text messages coming in about, oh, corn reddish dip. Also the same thing you must try, Chris is, you must try Chris is Christian. My auntie used to make a famous corn reddish dip, although it tasted foul. I was used to wonder why it was so famous. Jim, it's a very sort of dad thing to do that, isn't it my famous? And then you just sort of self proclaimed, isn't it Christian knocking off at two thirty highlight the weekend? It is my This is from Keith Eats in his late sixties. Do you remember we heard about Keith a couple of weeks ago. He's had a fear of water since he was a kid. He's in his sixties and he's working to overcoming that. This weekend. It is Keith's fourth lesson legend. It's Christian. It's going good. Last week I in to tread water and the deep pool, which was another massive achievement for me. Keith, you are our hero. Keep the updates. I love these. All right, let's sit some calls now, we sort of Steve on the line.
Speaker 3: Morning Steve, Good morning, and happy Friday to all.
Speaker 1: Good morning Steve, and what are you up to this weekend? What's the heartlight for you? Mate? My heartlight for me?
Speaker 11: Well truth, he told us.
Speaker 1: My birthday tomorrow tomorrow.
Speaker 11: Thank you very much. Sixty month. My friends have organized me as a somewhat up my posh pub crawl in the local area. So we're starting as a little micro brewery and then we're going off to another place for some lunch. Is a whiskey bar and a wine bar and a cocktail bar and a.
Speaker 1: Rough Sunday next week.
Speaker 11: It's quite fancy. In fact, it's so fancy, I'd like to think it of a big fancy.
Speaker 1: All right, Steve God, have a good a good day. Enjoy your birthday tomorrow. I enjoyed the fancy bub Crawl. Thanks Mike.
Speaker 3: Good on you, Christian O'Connell show podcast, Christian.
Speaker 1: A high night for me this weekend is wearing my new Harmony sunglasses in the winter. Christian. I'm at finishing at four o'clock today and I'll be finalizing my trip to the UK, where I'm attending a meet and greet for the TV show good Night's Sweetheart from the nineties that starred Nicholas Linde. Hur's very, very smart show that sadly he won't be there, I bet, but a couple of acts from the show will be. We're meeting at the famous roal O Pub. What a great trip to go on, Christian. My highlight this week was hearing my name Alison Clare on the radio multiple times this week. What is the Laces again? And we're up to six? Alison Clairs who called the show.
Speaker 4: I believe it. I thought it was five at last count. I was hoping for six, but I thought we got to six.
Speaker 1: What are we up to? We up to five or six?
Speaker 5: We are up to five?
Speaker 10: Because there was another one that called through after the show, so we.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's see if we can get her back where she can call back in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll call her now, all.
Speaker 1: Right, thank you? I mean maybe you could have done that, Christian. Drill dancing is marching routines fast thing YouTube it skept or does he rascal?
Speaker 5: They have the baton? Is that the same as the baton? You know how they spin the baton and do the routines as well.
Speaker 1: I think I think it is.
Speaker 2: Yes, that makes there's like a drill serge.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a drill and all the dancers Patsy used to Scotch Hidland dancing. That would have been drill dancing as well.
Speaker 5: I don't know if your term it is drill dancing. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: But we get back to talking about out the corn rad chicken crimp peace. That's when we know we're on firm ground on this show. All right, People's play this hit it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they were listening and calling and choosing them music and just when hit eighth, somebody paying the station chatting, play the.
Speaker 4: People's play Listen Christian.
Speaker 2: Calling right now? When help Christian big The songs for Friday.
Speaker 1: Show, All right, Rio Today's theme for the People's play this where we put you in control of the music. The last hour the show on a Friday from eight this morning. The theme is time.
Speaker 4: Anything related to time, days, minutes, hours, moments, seconds, mini scond, fortnighte milliseconds exactly, Patsy, months, months, centuriesing.
Speaker 1: Calendar's calendars exactly. All right, Patsy, what have you got? Then? Songs must have something to do with time? In the title any excuse.
Speaker 5: To play my Dolly, please Dolly parton nine to four? That's a great Friday song.
Speaker 1: It is, actually, yeah, now have you got any Dolly facts? I have?
Speaker 5: Actually nine to five the movie, So she signed the deal in the proviso that she wrote the theme song, which is the Yes, it was the first female dominated film to gross one hundred million bucks?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 1: Who else is in the movie?
Speaker 5: What's her name? What's the woman? I can see her face?
Speaker 1: She's a commed you just said it was the first all podcast. What's her name? I can see her face?
Speaker 5: And the thing you know, she's lady lady.
Speaker 1: Then there's another.
Speaker 5: Lady behind me at seven forty three. Have any sort of recall of what would seem like obvious Lily Lily, Lily, Lily, what's her name?
Speaker 2: Lily?
Speaker 1: To do? Just like an extra search on Google?
Speaker 2: I could I really call Lily Thingo and Dolly?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Lily Tomlin Tomlin, Yes, Tomlin? And who was the other one?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: She's from the Matriarch.
Speaker 1: People actually calling in there, Jane Vonder.
Speaker 5: Jane Fond, Jane Fonder family.
Speaker 2: Yes, Lily Tomlin from the Tomlin group.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okayria, what song have you got?
Speaker 4: Justin Timberlake at the height of his powers in two thousand and eight, Madonna just coming back from her big two thousand and five. Their powers combined, add Timberland, producer of the moment, and you get four minutes to save the World song.
Speaker 1: Angels are losing their wings right now? Rubbish here on Today FM or Fox.
Speaker 2: And this was number one all across the world.
Speaker 1: So what a lot of people have got bad taste? No, and this?
Speaker 2: What don't you like about this? It's upbeat, it's dance and techno, it's JT.
Speaker 1: It's Madonna ninety five is upbeat. That's a banger. This is not a banger.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's see what let's let's see what banger he's.
Speaker 1: Got I'll tell you what it is. This is a fantastic song. You want a song with time in the title? What about closing time? Semi sonic bang? Come on, I don't need Timberland, I don't need Trouser Snake, and I don't need Madonna. This could do it a bit more, a bit more drill dancing. Does he Rascal rapping in the middle of it? Who else was in nine to five pounds? We had a look yet, don't answer.
Speaker 5: That covert it.
Speaker 1: Send your answers in on a stamped address envelope. Please to Gold.
Speaker 3: FM Christian O'Connell show podcast right now.
Speaker 1: The People's playlist is Songs with time, Things to do a time in the title, Let's get.
Speaker 9: Away well listening and calling and choosing the music and just when hit eh?
Speaker 13: Somebody playing the station chatting play the People's playlist?
Speaker 2: Christian calling right now?
Speaker 3: When help?
Speaker 2: Christian Big The songs for Friday.
Speaker 1: Show all right time in the title like Born to Be a Live, Patrick Hernandez. What do you think this has got Friday energy?
Speaker 2: Isn't it big time?
Speaker 1: Is my Timberlake? Three Am Matchbox twenty need to say a lot of people are saying Coldplay and Clocks, which is a great song as well. Thomas Cursemas Star Jason is also a fellow piece of Tatira and Chicago Fan twenty five or six to four is a great song. And then the Bengals cover version of Hazy Shade Winter is getting a lot of love on text as well. This Morning's Winter expression of time.
Speaker 5: I guess so seasoned time and the lyrics go times.
Speaker 1: Seasons are really more about like the weather, aren't they than time? If I said to you, guys, hey, listen, guys, I'll see you in the spring, actually I would say that, actually a perfect example how to use it in context. Bringo who was in nine to five were just a lady with the face just off the top of my head.
Speaker 4: It was Lily Tomlin, Jane Fonder, I think Peggy Pope, Elizabeth Wilson.
Speaker 5: We've had a song in an ad break in between Marion Mercer.
Speaker 1: We've had We've had our breaks. The song since six.
Speaker 5: Mate who played Ros Ros was let me search Ros was Helen Hey? No, Elizabeth Wilson, Yeah, I don't have the fool with you.
Speaker 1: We're not great a research on the show, aren't we. It's our weak point and listen to you know what. They don't pay a cent for it, but if you were to pay ninety nine dollars, you still get no research. Promise you that. All right, let's take some suggestions now, Jeff, good morning, Jeff.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Christian a time.
Speaker 6: How about some being naked ladies.
Speaker 7: With one week Yes banger, bring in song, Jeff, have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 1: Thanks to call the show term.
Speaker 11: We're going to enjoy sixth lader this week in.
Speaker 1: Love that David, good morning on the Good Morning Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Thanks guys, it's got be December nineteen sixty three, Oh what a night by Frankie Valley in the four season.
Speaker 1: This is a classy song. Is a classy song. I love this song.
Speaker 6: It was the first song my wife and I danced to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a great nine. Wow, this is a this is a classic. David, have a lovely weekend. Thanks you call. Make brilliant song.
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure what Sue the Boss would say about the focus groups. If it was up to me, I'd come out of the eight o'clock news with that, and I think Australia would be shimmying and dancing to Frankie Valley and the four so I just know what a night, but also the season's four and there thank you? Boys got a doubler, hasn't he he knew what he was up to? Warwick?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Warwick, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 5: How are you all?
Speaker 1: We're good, Warwick. I've got a good week. What song would you love us to play?
Speaker 6: Please? Play As the Days Go By by derrel Ricewait please good song?
Speaker 12: Perfect?
Speaker 1: So this is a great song, Bassic Warwick, thank you very much for your suggestion. And now before we get into the news, a breaking situation on the lines taking us not from number five to number six. As I asked this caller, what is your name?
Speaker 6: Oh, good morning guys. I don't have a song, but my name's Alison Clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, number six six. Allison Clairs have called the show this week. It's been extraordinary. A bizarre kind of side story of the week, Allison Claire is that we're getting called from Alison Clare's that we weren't even asking for. So how did you hear? How did you hear about this? Did you hear us talking about the show yesterday?
Speaker 6: No, my sister actually was listening and she text me and she said, oh, my goodness, can you believe it? Actually after Alison clear.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much to your sister and a few recording it as well. So you're now Alison Clare number six. Thank you very much. Have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 6: You guys too, see yu.
Speaker 1: Seriously, it's been bizarre this week. Here's a remix of the Alison Clairs we've had on the show so far.
Speaker 6: What are the odds? So I got into the car this morning and guests up. My name is I only turned it on and heard the last caller?
Speaker 11: What's going on?
Speaker 6: This is souper par.
Speaker 1: My mother in law I only had boys, always wanted a girl and if she had a girl, she was going to call her.
Speaker 6: Now we will see you all the time. What's so coincidence to be guests up?
Speaker 10: My name is Alison Claire.
Speaker 1: Now we can add number six in there. I'm going to keep this open for the entire month of August. I'm now going to Claire. August is officially Alison Claire Month. So whenever there's an Alison Clair listening or you know of one, getting to call the show. By the end of August, we're at number six. I'm hoping I reckon we could get up to twenty by the end of the morning.
Speaker 2: You reckon, there's twenty in Australia.
Speaker 1: Well you think about it, right. We only started talking about this on Wednesday, didn't we, the lady calling and when she heard the replay of the call from last week. So in two days we've had six Alison Clais, which is a per show average of two.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: If it continues in that exact you know, same trend line will be fine.
Speaker 3: Yes, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Now next week here in Australia, it is the census on Tuesday. A lot of you already done it, but is the census next Tuesday. The morning of the census, we're gonna be doing our own alternative census. I'm gonna be asking seven questions to the nation and you get to come up with the ideas for what do you want to ask the nation. We're going to ask a brand new question every half an hour, so by the end of the show that'll be seven questions, and then the next morning we will go through the answers. All right, So it's our alternative census. Rio has made the theme tune here. It is.
Speaker 13: Christian census Caesar, he's rereading on the quest Jo, yeah, da shows.
Speaker 2: Oh it's way blue wocal.
Speaker 4: The censuses are, it's pretty high, it's very far.
Speaker 1: I saw perhapsy wincing.
Speaker 2: There was that like a WinCE of passion and admiration.
Speaker 1: It's just quite. It's corn reddish, it's hot. It squeaks, it's a sharp shader. It is squeaky. Actually, it's maybe a bit too maybe need to be a bit of a w D fourty or that. How about squeaky will cheese? Yeah, yeah, with Christian a question for your alternative census on Monday, we're back into the shower. Would appear that about fifty percent the questions at the moment they've been generated by the team and you guys involved the bath. We're back in the shower. Part of your body? Do you wash first in the shower air for meat?
Speaker 2: You guys, Wow, I know I do chest, I do arms.
Speaker 1: You've got no hairs on that chest? What are you washingt baby's bottomed skin?
Speaker 2: Just get this, Do you only watch weather's hair on your body?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Yeah, the rest of it just gets out scott free. But you know I'm aware, man, So you know that can take quite a while, all right, some of the alternative questions, who are coming so far? What smell reminds you of childhood? What was your favorite age? Did you meet in the nightclub? What was it called? What did you send away for when you were a kid? A soft or hard attacker? From Patsy. We had some strange rules from producer Caate the including the one we're definitely never asking anybody when was the last time he went to the dentist? I do like, what's the weirdest thing in your freeze? Though? I think that's a great one. And then this was a big talking point, yes in the show do you face? Do you face the shower or face away when you're showering? Showering is giving us so many questions of what is the right shower etiquette? It's generated so much, isn't it. Now? Have you got another possible question?
Speaker 4: Yes, question for the pub from the shower to the pub, the parma, parmi or schnitty.
Speaker 2: What are you going for?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: That is going to split the country right down the middle, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say something controversial. I think the parmi or parma whatever you.
Speaker 1: Call it, don't say this. If you're going to be rude about it.
Speaker 2: It's overrated.
Speaker 1: Don't say it. It's hard for you to come back from this position.
Speaker 2: Hold a candle to the purity of a chicken schnitzel.
Speaker 1: Both the greatest. I'm picking your favorite kiddy.
Speaker 2: One kid is much better than the other. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It is an Australian to say anything rude about the parmi or parma. No, it's Australia so dry.
Speaker 4: You have the mushroom sauce on the side. No one wants to admit that the parma is soggy the palma, but.
Speaker 1: That's the enjoy of it. A pizza soggy, a bear, a frothy is soggy.
Speaker 2: I want as you would never say a beer is soggy.
Speaker 1: I would go, hey, that's hey, barkeep I'll have a pint of your sockiest hell. You've got that down.
Speaker 2: Everyone agrees me, but they're too afraid to say I disagree.
Speaker 1: I just agree. This is controversial. It's the wrong kind of This is trash talk, my friend. I think there's actually something wrong with you in your head. You need to take some time off, all right, Go and run some laps and hit the showers and watch that chest of yours.
Speaker 6: That is.
Speaker 4: Is the Schnitzel is the perfect iteration of that because it's crispy, it's gold.
Speaker 1: Army's got that lovely sauce, the cheese.
Speaker 6: The.
Speaker 1: Your chips in with it as well. It's the perfect.
Speaker 5: In your mouth.
Speaker 1: It's on the side. Come on. The great thing about the party is the sauces is part of it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's the worst part of the complete pain.
Speaker 1: No, it's the best part.
Speaker 2: That bostardizing a perfectly crispy piece of chicken.
Speaker 1: No, I'll tell you what we're doing. We're upgrading it. It's upgraded dining. No, no, no, you think about it. It's actually three meals in one. That's the genius of it. No, no, no, it is actually it is. It's like what if you wanted all these various things.
Speaker 2: You just mush it together, one on top of another, on top of another. It's efficient. I'll give you.
Speaker 1: It's a stack, and it's a goodness stack. I was not expenciing to hear this on my radio this morning. I might actually complain about my own show. I'm going to send myself a stiffly worded email about the X rated content that happened this morning. It's ten past to eight. Uh, just getting some bad news coming through my headphones. Both of them have got a question each, guys. I wish I wasn't saying this out loud right now, but sadly the chuckle sisters, Oh no, no, no, they've hide you out the show. Chuckle sisters in the house.
Speaker 3: A couple of good questions.
Speaker 1: By the way, I saw that Tina was on the zoom yesterday at home with Christian. Tina appears you live in a cave. Is a great cave? I had a mood lighting chimny lip place I've ever seen that spidy hole they drag Sadam say, now that's where you're now living.
Speaker 2: I can't have the big light on. It hurts the eyes.
Speaker 12: I had to have the dim lighting.
Speaker 1: Nice. It was so dim.
Speaker 2: Why are you doing romantic lighting for a work event?
Speaker 5: Always have the robots?
Speaker 1: When I think of work, I think romance. All right, chuckle sisters, what are your questions for the alternative census?
Speaker 2: I want to know what channel do you watch the news on? Do you do channel nine and your channel seven has channel ten?
Speaker 5: Love that Patsy, what are you Patsy seven used to be nine for a long time.
Speaker 1: Do you think other than yourself the best news read in the country, Because you're great? But who else is great?
Speaker 5: That's really really.
Speaker 1: Who is the Parmi and who is the Schnitz.
Speaker 5: You know, I've always loved Jennifer Kayite in Melbourne. I think she's brilliant. But Brian Naylor for mine, Oh my goodness, he was the Doyan of news. And you know they all did that all that sign off, didn't they. You don't get that anymore and why not bring it back?
Speaker 2: So you need one? And that's how the crumbles.
Speaker 5: He did it so well, used to say, May your news be good news and good night? Oh my god, isn't it great?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Can we find you on Patsy if we asked.
Speaker 5: The listener on last Monday show, as long as it's decent rio, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: We've had enough shot jock talk from you, Timu Sandlands this morning, but just Kayden if you've got one. Yes, I've just seen the time. Actually better hit the ads actually hopefully more time next week on the show Mary hit the ads quick now.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show podcast Reo.
Speaker 1: Your comments have can of worms my friend can of worms, A lot of you've woken up. I'll tell you what You've woken everyone up this morning. We're looking for your alternative census questions and Rio want to want to go in do you so? What did you? You're asking? Really? If you think the chicken parma is overrated?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Parmi or schnitty. And my opinion on this is that the parmi is overrated.
Speaker 1: Okay, play the music. Christian, Rio has lost my respect now. That's from Paul Christian Arth that comment from Rio about the parme. I'm requesting an internal performance review. It's off the tribunal with him. Rio schnitty all the way, Palma to soggy. That's from Amanda Rio, you are dead to me.
Speaker 2: And that's from first death threat of the show.
Speaker 1: Yes, over the parmi, U Christian, please exit Ria from the building. He has committed a sacrilege sin. The parma is definitely the premier dining option, no doubt. That's from Neil Christian. He needs to have a shower facing the wall, prison style. Parma's all the best. That's from Naomi Christian. Census question, does anyone eat the crust of the bread?
Speaker 2: Yes, no, oh, come on, how old is six years old? Eat the crust?
Speaker 1: I live my life by the same, miss James Bond. Do you think James Bond's gonna have the crust same as me? As of Melbournie? And after said, the fact that Ria was calling it a palme and not by its correct name of Palmer means he does not get to disparage the parlor, Christian? Can I just add a misheard lyric? Listening to What a Night This Morning and enjoying it, I always thought when he sings as a record, it ended much too soon. I thought, he said, as I record, it ended in my tissue. I actually had to google the song lyrics because I was so sure that isn't I ended in his tissue? Obviously. I guess you mean they're like he sneezed or something. It was the start of a cold. That's renee. We'll look into that, Christian. Why not kick off the old age debate? The bunning snag onion saw top or under the sausage? Christian? The schnitzel. Let me tell you the story of the schnitzel. Please. It was designed for children. They start off with nuggets and then when you try to get into a boy meal, they get a schnitzel. It's a giant chicken nugget. Palma all the way, Chad strong words, what I mate, Christian? Should Rio be canceled over his Australian And what a title? And I'm with real Rio Schnitzel, mushroom sauce with chips and salad all the way. Palma is soggy and stodgy.
Speaker 2: Doodgy is the word.
Speaker 1: Well, I want a bit of stage. You could say roasters dodgy, Christian. I got a question for you and the team. This comes from Oh wow, uh, this comes from Ann. But I've noticed that her email address is Ann and Steve Join. You don't see that so much anymore, joint chug out in the senses anyone got to join email address and and Steve. I love it, Christian, Chips on the side are.
Speaker 4: Stacked again on the side because then you're adding sogginess.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I don't only one who wants to mud stack. But And and Steve, thank you very much for that.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell podcast.
Speaker 1: More alternative census questions still coming in from you guys. Should the calendar week start on a Sunday on Monday. Christian on Monday all the way, just me crazy. When I get a calendar it starts on a Sunday. That's from Kenny. Christian. Rio must have another job because the kind of talk that he made, he knows he's on his way out. Presuming that Carl and Rio show is starting Monday.
Speaker 2: They're not ready for such hot takes. They couldn't handle it.
Speaker 1: That's brock Christian. Is it acceptable for parma to be served with the parma on the chips or should they be separated to conserve maximum Christmas of the chips?
Speaker 2: Definitely separated?
Speaker 1: And Christian about Rio? Bring back Jack? Wo wow? We really really isn't anything, but it's his own fault, Patsy, good.
Speaker 2: Luck bringing him back? Did he getting in waking up at four am?
Speaker 1: He was barely here when he was here? All right, let's get into today's time waster. Today's time wastter. You already started sending them in. We're looking for your job bands. We have not one, but two petsa tickets. Today is a Friday treat to go and see Brian Adams. He's back at the staff. Next Sear's here touring with his tour roll with the Punches head two fronted touring dot com. But we have two double passes to be one for the best in show. Today, I think we're gonna get some great ones. Job bands. We're looking for your job bands text him in an O four seven five three one oh four three. Now sadly, the remaining members of the Jackson family, some of them are falling on tough time guys. And the other day I saw one of the Jackson's cleaning school and it was that's her Jackson, that's gold. Do you know is this joined the Army? Who Army major Laser? The other day I'm moving on the other day, I won't wait for a mark. The other day my my cat wasn't very well and I took it to a new vet was a Hollywood star. Actually, who's now Vet? She's retrained Vet Middler Now Patsy wanted to play her song nine to five earlier, but now these days I saw working outside Woollies was trolley collector parton It's real Gold today with you, Yeah, that's me real Alicia Keys cut here uh dinner, Lady Gaga, m bron the Gallagher Brothers and now looking after employee well, fare, that's right there, await you which one's at and hunters and collectors of overdue invoices?
Speaker 2: Black Dog the bounty hunter, Gold al what have you got?
Speaker 1: Job bands?
Speaker 2: Who's at the register, Why it's Johnny Cashier.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's very good.
Speaker 4: Gold, Dave grolls out in Perthy's in and out of the mines. He's a fifo fighter.
Speaker 1: Oh that is that's your best one of the year. Very good. God.
Speaker 4: Plus, who's behind the desk there at Michael Hill? That singer is that Jewela Leaper?
Speaker 1: You have a little that grown from Patsy, says Bronze.
Speaker 4: And I've just got I've got to get my my hem taken in and I go in there. Who's doing it a bit miraculous? But it's Bonnie Taylor.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought you're going to say Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Well that's just Tailor's we've already and Hemsworth. My one's good a rappy though.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we're looking for your job banks. You're not going to see Brian Adams.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: We have two double basses. Go and see Brian Adams live next year when he's back here. February and march with us, Roll with the Punchers down Under tour. If you want to get your tickets Frontier Touring dot com. It's the place. It's up. Time wasted today is how we're giving them away. With your job bands. This is turning out to be one of the biggest ones of the year. So many entries for job bands. They're great. Let's get into the mark them now. All right, all these side hustles of these rock bands and stars. You want to get your finances done. Check out the accounting crows. Oh gold, so that your borders Madam with Sound Gardeners gold as well, month Insurgeons Silva janetor Joplin Silva, don't Tracy bin Men at work from Sarah Gold Tones and eye Doctor.
Speaker 6: What on?
Speaker 1: Adam ed Shearer Silver plus ari e MP start getting poltics, got my vote Silver. Busker Rhymes gold plus all oscar Rimes incredible. I hope there's a busker who's busting doing the songs of Buster Rhymes. Busker Rhymes is genius. That's from Nate John Farnham. Yeah, gold is happening out in around the farm, Amy Sparky Silver, sex Worker Pistols.
Speaker 2: Yes, good, good, on them Silver plus.
Speaker 1: Train driver runs moving Van Halen Jimmy Man and a Van Halen Silver and they're not doing too well at the moment. Center Lincoln Park Job the opposite of job Silver. Hair naked ladies from barber that take your hair on France Hair naked Ladies. Chief Urban, he's become a chief Uh chippy checker. Old Chubby's car around. He's doing some woodwork and correct chippy checker. Very good league, n W Way nurses with attitude, goodness.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's move on.
Speaker 1: Do you know that our boss Steve O is a singer in a band? I didn't know. That's right, Ceo Speedwagon Gold. That's very good. Michael lumber Jackson Silver, Ricky Martin. That's why you know. He wasn't around for a couple of years and he's cropped back up, didn't he That's Bricky. It's on the site. Lady Garbo Gold, Mariah Karra Gold, fall Out boiler Maker not fall Out Boy, fall Out boiler Maker, Fergle Sparky Silver, Christian. I went to my local fish and chip shot last night. You won't believe it was frying up the chips, frying Adams topper cut as well. Well, I'm filling Lily now Bett midwife, can't she do? She's men Bets Simon and Garbo Funk Cal Silver plus Bruno Mo's wow that he's landscaping. Taken on Jim Yes, Huey Lewis and the news readers. Bronze, um Men at work from home.
Speaker 12: We needed back in the office.
Speaker 1: It's a living end Silver, how the coating finger, m Bronze simple mindfulness coaches Brons Simon and Guy Fun call Billy oceanographer Gold. That's genius. Word on Matthew for Billy oceanographer. They's back in the sea beds. He's down there right now doing the Marianna's trench. Guys. Silver, Chairman of the board, Sorry, Silver, Chairman of the board Silver plus Michael tax Son Gold. That should step up from dinner Lady is lunch, lady gar Guy, You're right, it is a step up word Silver, Incubus driver.
Speaker 2: Oh silver plus non DMC gold.
Speaker 1: Melissa, that's great, none DMC tenacious DJ Silver, Oh job is it? Daryl Braithwaiter, Yeah, gold Men at work safe Silver and Lady Barber dear Gold. That's very good. All right. Who we got We've got enough for two winners to go and have a double pass each for Brian Adams, who was getting them.
Speaker 4: We've got Nate with Busker rhymes and tones and eye doctor brilliant.
Speaker 1: Enjoy and enjoy and joy. All right, now, let's catch up with in turn Pete, who's been out on the streets around Bondi this morning giving away our show. Benstickers, let's play his theme tune, Watch Out about you, Watch Out.
Speaker 10: We have arrived back in the studio safely. I can confirm all the roads are clear now.
Speaker 12: Apologies to a couple of people that I did.
Speaker 1: I hope there were no team members who were forced to get in a car with you. Peter, you have many many gifts, but driving an autobill is not one of them. Not one of them.
Speaker 12: And a formal apology to produce the loss.
Speaker 10: She got in my car on the way back after the high car dropped us off, and unfortunately I had a meat pie yesterday and I forgot about it and it was at the bottom of my past side and then we'll plage. It looked like something that a dog had left there. To be honest, I'm so sorry to produce the loss. By the way, that's not the point. The point is good luck to everyone feeling.
Speaker 1: Actually, don't don't blame it. Don't blame that meat pie. I think that actually came from you. I am a horrible feeling. You're living in that car and actually using it as a toilet. Very well, how Peter, get help? Okay, that's what I'm here for. It must be the stress of seeing your former boss back on screens everywhere right now?
Speaker 12: BSD, did I say there's something? There's something going on in the air in city this morning? You know, being in Bondai. Honestly, I've never seen on.
Speaker 10: A workday do people have jobs. The entire Bondai is just full of people. And I understand that there's a lot of people here for the city to serve this weekend, right, but it was insane.
Speaker 12: And then there's something going on in the city.
Speaker 10: Outside Martin Place is a one point five kilometer lineup going on, and I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what for.
Speaker 12: What are people lining up for in the city this morning? Gold bars, machine or ice cream?
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on. Wow, I wonder what that is. If anyone can let us know. Hey, listen, So where did you go to that I've seen not some pictures are up on socials right now. There's a bit of one you down at Bondo on the beach there where they looks like four police officers.
Speaker 10: Yeah, shout out to the wonderful police officers who are down there. Extra police are out this weekend of course because big, big crowds, about one hundred thousand people plus spectators as well, so they could be like roughly around about one hundred and fifty thousand people in bond Ai road closures everywhere.
Speaker 12: The police are pumped.
Speaker 10: They're so friendly down there by the way, they were just to be honest, I could have been back an hour ago, but we were just having a chat and a cup of coffee.
Speaker 1: They were really really loved. It was nice you to take a bit of time away from the show. I didn't want it would have gone especially quiet for an hour, you know, you were catching up with the cops.
Speaker 12: Yes, so I have confirmed. I've decided where was I going to run or not.
Speaker 10: I was unwell earlier on this week and I thought to myself, if I can drink a bottle and.
Speaker 12: A half of wine last night, I should be be prepared to run. When I say bottle in half. I mean, lots had a glass as well.
Speaker 10: I should be making the effort to run on Sunday, so I'm going to give it a bit of a nudge. I've been raising money for jeans for Jean's Day as well, so I figure.
Speaker 1: Out, Oh, good for you, and what is just this the fifteenth year you've been doing it?
Speaker 10: Still will be the fifteenth year, absolutely so fourteen kilometers.
Speaker 12: Good luck to everyone on Heartbreak Hill.
Speaker 10: That's pretty much where you are going to Really, they struggle if you haven't done it before. But honestly, just watching the planes, I'm looking over at the seat of the moment. There's people flying in from all over at the country and around the world as well. This is the biggest fun run in the world. So it's yeah, I think I'm proposing a team next year. Okay, let's all get on board. Dates are bad for me.
Speaker 1: Actually the next year they really really really bad. Actually, hey, listen, Pete, enjoy it this weekend and everybody else who's doing it as well and sharing on family and friends as well. Have a great weekend. Thank you very much for all the Allison class that called the show, and Pete, you are a joy to join this team. Honestly, I hope you're really enjoying your new job with us. But Pete, you did a brilliant job last night. I know we have a laugh with you, but Pete really was outstanding last night as the moderator. You're doing a lot of backhand work there. You did a fantastic job last night. You can watch it again. We're going to put it up on Socials today and over the weekend. The first ever, and I would say now the first of many with Christian. We had a We had such a great night last night with you all. Thank you very much for being partner that. Have a great weekend. Everyone, have a top weekend. We are back Monday. Take care.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show on Podcast