Speaker 1: Podcast.
Speaker 2: Ready, Jim? Everybody online.
Speaker 3: Australian radios, Jonesy and Amanda.
Speaker 4: Miss Keller.
Speaker 5: Amanda.
Speaker 6: Hello, Wiggles.
Speaker 4: Jonesy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, personal friend. Bit of a tongue twister. Tongue twister.
Speaker 5: Legendary pirate, Jonesy.
Speaker 3: He's a genius. That's what the J stands for.
Speaker 7: And Amanda, the actress.
Speaker 8: You have no empathy for anyone but yourself, you giant tool.
Speaker 3: Now's the time to hear good radio.
Speaker 8: Brendan and Amanda, and you're on the same show.
Speaker 3: We must communicate.
Speaker 4: Jonesy and Amanda are here.
Speaker 9: It's joke.
Speaker 10: Twas the Friday before Father's Day and all through the house was peace and quiet because I don't want to be hassled.
Speaker 8: I love those Hallmark cards that you buy. You say this every year.
Speaker 11: You say all you want for Father's Day is to be left the hell alone and I know that's not true.
Speaker 3: I want to go out, crack some waves.
Speaker 8: But that's what you do every day. Drink some beer. That's what you do every day.
Speaker 3: But without any judgement. Without anyone saying, oh, you're always doing that.
Speaker 8: Who says that to you?
Speaker 3: You're always hanging out with your mates, drinking beer. So I can actually do it now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah. And all your mates will be the same. No one will see their families on Father's Day. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: We'll all just gather together.
Speaker 8: All my children, my many, many two children are going to be coming over. Nice.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I've ordered some prawns. I've ordered some sashimi. I'm going to cook a big roast chook, which was Harley's request.
Speaker 2: Oh, nice.
Speaker 8: It'll be nice. I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: What's it just on the chicken? What sort do you get?
Speaker 10: Do you get the big family size one?
Speaker 11: You know what my brother and I cooked the other day when he came down to visit?
Speaker 8: I did a big whole chicken at his behest in the air fryer. And I put a packet of that French onion mix.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 11: Because I've done that in the slow cooker. That's sort of this recipe that's going viral. You don't add any other fluid. You do nothing else, even in the slow cooker. But in the air fryer, same thing. Sprinkle that on top. It gets a nice crust. You do it breast side down for about 20 minutes. Turn it over for about another probably 40 minutes.
Speaker 8: You cook it for about an hour in the air fryer.
Speaker 4: Delicious. Yum.
Speaker 3: It's a bit red roostery.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Because I think that's how they do the Red Rooster.
Speaker 8: In my air fryer. No wonder my house smells delicious all the time.
Speaker 3: No, you're too east of the Red Rooster line, my friend.
Speaker 8: Oh, am I, Brendan?
Speaker 3: Yes, you are. Oh, I'm sorry. Yes, you are.
Speaker 8: Oh, are they not the ones that do the caviar?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 8: Oh, my mistake.
Speaker 3: Gem Y Rye, what are you getting for your father? What's John getting?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 12: Dads are hard to buy for.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: What's your dad into? Is he still at his ice bath?
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's still at the ice bath. Get him a bag of ice.
Speaker 8: Once he's got the ice bath, he can't.
Speaker 2: Add to it.
Speaker 3: Why don't you get it today and wrap it up? Yeah, good idea. And put it on his front porch. You've got to get him something.
Speaker 9: What about the coaster I got you of the Naked Scotsman, which I notice is missing from your desk.
Speaker 12: Have you thrown it out, have you?
Speaker 3: I just don't like looking up a hairy clacker, that's all. Oh, because....
Speaker 8: When you put it like that, no one does.
Speaker 3: It's not my bag.
Speaker 11: No one likes looking up a hairy clacker. But a photo of a man's bottom in a kilt can be attractive.
Speaker 8: But no one has to look up a hairy clacker. I'll have it.
Speaker 3: You can have it on your side.
Speaker 8: I'll have it on my side.
Speaker 3: Six months at yours, six months at mine.
Speaker 8: One buttock each.
Speaker 3: Ryan, thank you.
Speaker 8: Sorry.
Speaker 3: It's a great gift.
Speaker 8: That's a gift that Ryan has. Ryan hasn't bought anything for his father but bought this for you.
Speaker 10: He's getting him a bag of ice. It's expensive these days. We have an action-packed show. It's Friday FFS, the Friday Field Sessions. Anthony Kalia is going to.
Speaker 3: Be joining us.
Speaker 8: He's got an incredible set of pipes.
Speaker 10: Also, Instagram makes its return and we can't do anything until we do the Fast Five.
Speaker 3: Would you like to play?
Speaker 8: Give us a call, 1355 22.
Speaker 13: On gold.
Speaker 4: Yeah!
Speaker 3: Gold. Hello there. It's Jonesy and Amanda driving you home this Friday afternoon.
Speaker 8: Fast five time.
Speaker 4: Five questions.
Speaker 14: Can you go all the way and answer.
Speaker 3: All five questions correctly? If you do that, Amanda will say.
Speaker 8: How handy would this be for Father's Day? A $ 250 Bunnings gift card. Woo-hoo-hoo.
Speaker 3: What's your favourite island, Bunnings?
Speaker 2: Mine?
Speaker 6: Mm-hmm.
Speaker 8: I kind of like the chains because you have to pretend they were jewellery. How about you?
Speaker 3: I like the casters section, all the casters. Are they wheels? Yeah, wheels. They've got various wheels and stuff. Gemma, am I right?
Speaker 12: I like the sausage sandwich aisle.
Speaker 8: Actually, that's true.
Speaker 3: Because he's never been into Bunnings in his life. Kyle is in Belgrave.
Speaker 8: Hello, Kyle.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guys, how are we?
Speaker 8: Not too bad, thank you.
Speaker 3: What's your favourite island, Bunnings?
Speaker 4: Oh, God.
Speaker 8: I echo who said before the sausage sizzle.
Speaker 3: So you haven't been in there either, you young blokes.
Speaker 8: Not everyone has to be obsessed with hardware to be a real man, Brendan. I know that's your subtext here.
Speaker 3: You can buy software if you want.
Speaker 8: Kyle, here we go.
Speaker 3: What are you trying to do here?
Speaker 8: The first season of Kath and Kim aired on the ABC. This is a hard one. It says in which year.
Speaker 3: Let's ask Kyle.
Speaker 8: Would anyone know the actual year?
Speaker 3: Kyle, do you know the answer first?
Speaker 8: I feel, oh, one, oh, two, oh, three.
Speaker 3: Keep going, mate.
Speaker 8: Let's go to the middle, 2002.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 11: Oh, what a brilliant confluence of events that led us to this.
Speaker 3: Kyle, you are very good.
Speaker 11: Days before pre-production and filming was set to begin in 2002, a senior executive tried to axe the show by faxing Believing it was going to be a massive flop.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 8: I bet they don't boast about that.
Speaker 3: TV executives.
Speaker 8: About how to use a fax.
Speaker 3: Let's play Monster Mash, Kyle. Let's kick off this Monster Mash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's mash it up.
Speaker 8: Here's what happens, Kyle. We've mashed two songs together. What are they?
Speaker 4: Honey came in and she got me red-handed. Dripping with the girl next door.
Speaker 14: Picture this, we were both butt naked, banging on the bed.
Speaker 6: Kyle?
Speaker 15: Kyle?
Speaker 3: Yep, I've got Imagine. Yeah.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 8: Do you know the other one?
Speaker 3: No, well, there's no point.
Speaker 8: It's all moot. But he can give someone else a leg up.
Speaker 3: No, we'll give it to Nat of Maylands. Thank you, Kyle.
Speaker 8: But that might have been handy for Nat. You've ruined Nat's chances.
Speaker 3: No, it's not everyone gets a prize here.
Speaker 4: Well, hi, guys.
Speaker 3: Hi, Nat. How are you?
Speaker 8: Nat, you've got no clues at all apart from that mash-up.
Speaker 3: Well, you can hear the mash-up.
Speaker 8: Let's hear it again.
Speaker 4: Honey came in and she got me red-handed Dripping with the girl next door.
Speaker 6: What a romantic, beautiful song.
Speaker 8: What are those songs, though, Nat? Is it Let It Be by The Beatles and It Wasn't Me by Shaggy?
Speaker 3: Yes, it is.
Speaker 14: I can't imagine.
Speaker 3: You know, that song, it's almost like he's saying, I don't know what's wrong with this woman.
Speaker 8: She's watched me have it off in every room.
Speaker 11: Yeah, what.
Speaker 3: And then he says it wasn't me, but it's clearly him.
Speaker 8: Question three is multiple choice here for you, Nat.
Speaker 11: The Crypt of Civilisation is a sealed room-sized time capsule to remain unopened until 8013.
Speaker 8: Cripes.
Speaker 11: Which of these items is in the crypt? A. A human brain in a jar. B. A can of Heinz baked beans.
Speaker 8: Or C. The screenplay for Gone with the Wind. Which of those is in it?
Speaker 13: Oh, wow.
Speaker 3: That's hard.
Speaker 4: Um.
Speaker 3: A can of Heinz baked beans.
Speaker 10: No, sorry.
Speaker 4: You'd think so.
Speaker 10: Why would you think so? And it certainly lasts that long. You know, I was just reading the extraneous information that Ryan's given.
Speaker 8: Who's put this together?
Speaker 3: Ryan, am I right?
Speaker 12: It's in a university in America somewhere.
Speaker 8: Fascinating.
Speaker 10: Other stuff they've got in there, Popeye the Sailor cartoon audio clips. They were preserved to showcase 20th century entertainment.
Speaker 8: They've got a full-size male and female mannequin.
Speaker 3: They've got a lady's breast form.
Speaker 11: And a Jonesy and Amanda tea towel. Do they have a human brain in a jar or the screenplay for Gone With The Wind?
Speaker 8: One of those two things.
Speaker 3: Is in there. It could be one of ours.
Speaker 10: If you would like to play the Fast Five, why don't you call us 135522 on Gold.
Speaker 3: Jam Nation. Gold, hello there.
Speaker 10: It's Jonesy and Amanda driving you home this Friday afternoon.
Speaker 11: We're up to question number three of the Fast Five.
Speaker 8: It's going to Dean in Fitzroy. Hello, Dean.
Speaker 4: Hello, Amanda. Hello, Gunji.
Speaker 3: Hello, Dean.
Speaker 11: We've been discussing the Crypt of Civilisation. It's a sealed room-sized time capsule that won't be opened until 8,113. How old will I be then? Which of these items is in the crypt? A, a human brain in a jar, or C, the screenplay for Gone With The Wind? C, Amanda.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Dean, you answered that with a degree of authority.
Speaker 8: Have you had a sneaky peek in there?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: We'll just try to work out who put it together.
Speaker 10: I'm saying it would be a man because you've got a lady's breast form and a Lionel model train set.
Speaker 8: Question number four. On the origin of species is a famous work written by which scientist?
Speaker 14: I've got no idea.
Speaker 11: The foundation of evolutionary biology.
Speaker 2: What a clue.
Speaker 10: Have you been going to university at night or something, Ryan? Stacey is in Kalanga.
Speaker 8: Hello, Stacey. Hi. Hello. Hello.
Speaker 3: How's things?
Speaker 8: Good, thank you.
Speaker 3: How are you guys? We're well, thank you for asking.
Speaker 8: On the origin of the species is a famous work written by which scientist?
Speaker 3: Charles Darwin.
Speaker 8: Charles Darwin.
Speaker 3: You know it.
Speaker 10: What song did Anthony Kalia cover to become one of the highest and fastest selling singles of all time in Australia?
Speaker 3: Oh, God. Come on, Stace. This is question five.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 14: Oh, Anthony.
Speaker 8: Sorry, Stacey. Googling Anthony.
Speaker 3: Tim's in Kilson.
Speaker 8: Hello, Tim.
Speaker 3: Hello, Amanda.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 8: Very well. Do you know which song?
Speaker 3: I'm well, too. Thank you. for asking, Tim.
Speaker 5: Mr.
Speaker 8: Sensitive over there.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying. I hope you're well, mate.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't leave you out.
Speaker 4: Well, no, you did.
Speaker 3: Tim's up to question five.
Speaker 8: What song did Anthony Kalia cover to become one of the highest and fastest selling singles of all time in Australia?
Speaker 6: What was the song?
Speaker 3: He did that magnificent version.
Speaker 8: Of the prayer.
Speaker 3: There it is.
Speaker 6: Great. Jonesy's got no time for it.
Speaker 8: I've got to hit it plenty of times. That'll do.
Speaker 10: Congratulations to you, Tim. Anthony Kalia, by the way, is joining us for Friday Field Sessions. But, Tim, back to you. A $ 250 Bunnings card.
Speaker 3: Are you a father, if you don't mind me asking? I'm a father of three beautiful girls, mate.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 3: Mate, what's happening on Sunday?
Speaker 10: No idea, mate.
Speaker 5: No idea.
Speaker 8: They haven't told me if they've got something surprise for me or I'm not sure, mate.
Speaker 5: I'll still be celebrating Carlton beating Geelong, hopefully.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 10: Congratulations to you, a jonesinamanda.com.au if you want to be a part of the Fast Five for next week.
Speaker 1: See a whole lot more of Jonesy and Amanda on our socials.
Speaker 3: Jonesy and Amanda.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Speaker 3: Gold, it's Jonesy and Amanda driving you home this Friday afternoon.
Speaker 6: This is a.
Speaker 8: Very interesting phenomenon I've been reading about. A recent study has found there's a link between major album releases and deadly car crashes in the US. I don't have any stats on the Australian situation, but I wonder if it might correlate to what we have here. So traffic fatalities spike on the day that hit records land on streaming services.
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And this is not through the radio. Is this a new thing?
Speaker 10: Because in the old days, you know, you'd play ACDC. For example, I remember in my burgeoning radio career.
Speaker 8: Ripper 76 came out.
Speaker 10: They used to worry about playing Thunderstruck at drive time in the afternoon.
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 10: Because it would make people, you know, I'm Thunderstruck driving.
Speaker 3: Home in my car.
Speaker 8: Getting a bit aggressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like when boxers walk out into the ring.
Speaker 8: It pumps them up.
Speaker 3: They've got like, you know, that psych up music.
Speaker 8: So the albums that they've looked at, so in the study, researchers at Harvard University, and this is a guy who's very reputable, he's a clinical fellow and a surgical resident.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 8: So researchers at Harvard University, and this guy, he's not just Mr.
Speaker 3: Mr. Smarty Pants.
Speaker 8: Meaning he has medical credentials. He's a surgical resident and a clinical fellow at Harvard Uni.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 11: So they compared accident statistics on the release days of the 10 most streamed albums between 2017 and 2022 and with those from 10 days before and 10 days after those releases.
Speaker 8: They looked at certain albums. They looked at Taylor Swift's album.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 6: Red.
Speaker 3: So did this cause accidents?
Speaker 11: Give me time to tell you the information. Taylor Swift's Midnight Red, which you've played there, and Folklore.
Speaker 8: They studied those. They also looked at a whole stack of things. Harry Styles, Harry's House album, for example.
Speaker 4: And?
Speaker 8: The one with the biggest results, and I'll tell you what all those results mean, was Drake.
Speaker 3: Drake?
Speaker 8: Is that it?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh, okay. Thanks, Drake.
Speaker 3: Me and my, yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: That'll do, Drake.
Speaker 8: That'll do. So using Spotify data, researchers found an average of 123.3 million streams on the major album release days compared with much less on other days. And the difference was striking on the roads. They estimated an average of 139 traffic fatalities.
Speaker 4: Goodness.
Speaker 8: On album release days. Compared with 120 on the surrounding days, it's an increase of 18.2 deaths, which is substantial.
Speaker 11: So taken together, traffic fatalities were 15% higher on those release days. So that estimated 182 excess lives lost over those 10 days of streaming.
Speaker 3: Goodness me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So depending on the album.
Speaker 11: So Drake, his three records appear to be linked to the highest jumps in deadly car accidents.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah. Do I wear a....
Speaker 3: Is this it?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's him.
Speaker 3: That's Drake.
Speaker 8: There's a couple of explanations. Mostly that drivers handling their phones to stream new music are distracted.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's the problem.
Speaker 11: They crank up the volume so they miss sounds they would normally hear and they're simply more distracted by the excitement. And as you say, the pumped up heart rate, all of that, surrounding a highly anticipated release.
Speaker 8: So the guy, Vishal Patel, who's.
Speaker 11: The main guy behind all this, was inspired to investigate this after his wife texted him telling him to listen to a song that had just hit streaming services. He started scrolling on his phone. Minutes later, he was veering out of his lane and he said, it hit me that a split second longer with my eyes off the road, it could have been a serious accident, and he thought, If millions of people are doing this all at the same time, is this quantifiable as to what a new release on streaming does to traffic fatality?
Speaker 3: That's why we're on the radio now helping you out.
Speaker 8: Can we hear some more Drake?
Speaker 3: Do you want more Drake?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, great. Answer the question, Drake.
Speaker 1: Answer the question.
Speaker 3: What about when you hear this?
Speaker 11: Well, maybe we should do our own statistical research on that one.
Speaker 3: Do you like that, Drake? Is that any good? Is that good for you? Yeah.
Speaker 8: He should do a cover. We should pineapple somewhere.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Gold, hello there.
Speaker 10: It's Jonesy and Amanda driving you home this Friday afternoon. There's a lot of stupid or.
Speaker 3: Well-meaning people in this world.
Speaker 8: Aren't we lucky?
Speaker 3: Maybe. Or is stupidity and well-meaning, do they go hand in hand?
Speaker 8: Give me your case in point.
Speaker 10: There's a family in Brazil took pity on a 12-year-old girl who claimed to have come from a history of abuse and had health problems. So they said, you know, my casa, your casa. Come into my house and we'll look after you.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 10: This lady's name, according to them, was Gabrielle. Gabrielle had come along.
Speaker 8: So a 12-year-old started living with them?
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 10: Lived there for a year. They bought her clothes. They bought her toys. They gave her a room.
Speaker 3: They gave her three square meals a day.
Speaker 8: Square ones?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: What if she wanted snacks as well?
Speaker 3: You know, she was fed well.
Speaker 10: Then it came to pass that she wasn't 12 years old. She wasn't called Gabrielle. She was actually 37 years of age and her real name was Amanda Maria Souza de Oliveira.
Speaker 3: She was how old? 37.
Speaker 8: Why would you want to pretend to be 12? Was she that desperate for someone to take care of her?
Speaker 3: Because he lives. That's expensive. Kids can't get a house these days.
Speaker 8: Would you choose to go back to school again?
Speaker 3: I'd probably do all right.
Speaker 8: Imagine the ignominy if you didn't.
Speaker 3: Probably not. I remember I did some artwork for my daughter once and the teacher gave it a B +.
Speaker 8: Oh, what an outrage.
Speaker 3: And I was outraged. I went to art school.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so to maintain the disguise, you're probably wondering, they found that Amanda slash Gabrielle claimed to have autism and that she'd been administered hormones, you know, because they can sort of puff up a bit when they're on hormones.
Speaker 11: So that's why she said I might look a bit older than you think, but I'm really only 12.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so during the time when she lived with the family, she stayed in a decorated bedroom, was given children's toys. The family even reportedly organised a 12th birthday.
Speaker 3: Party for her.
Speaker 8: Where's the grog?
Speaker 10: Police say she asked her foster parents not to enroll her in school or begin a formal adoption process out of fear her abusive father might find her.
Speaker 3: That's kind of fair. That's how she got out of that.
Speaker 10: A relative of the couple eventually grew suspicious when she'd gone outside for a smoke and some whiskey.
Speaker 8: And asked to play some Michael Bublé. Middle-aged woman alert.
Speaker 3: And couldn't get on a Contiki tour. And they ratted it out to the cops.
Speaker 8: But can I keep my Cabbage Patch doll?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now Amanda has been convicted of fraud and identity theft.
Speaker 8: They should get her for an Oil of Ulan commercial.
Speaker 3: She's confusing people at the passport control.
Speaker 10: Anyway, I've got a photo of her here drinking milk from a bottle.
Speaker 3: She's 12. So are you either soft-hearted or stupid?
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: I think in this case it's a bit from column A and a bit from column B. A bit from column B.
Speaker 8: I think so too.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Jonesy and Amanda Podcast. Ice House playing on the steps of the iconic Sydney Opera House.
Speaker 3: What about that? Where are we broadcast from now? And I've got to say, we broadcast from a pretty good location. overlooking the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Speaker 8: The Sydney Harbour Bridge, me lovely lady.
Speaker 3: You've got Browse, you've got Luda Park down there.
Speaker 10: And when a young Jonesy went for a school excursion, I went to the little radio station that we're looking at now that looks over the Opera House.
Speaker 8: But what's this got to do with the steps.
Speaker 3: Of the Opera House?
Speaker 10: I was going to go back to a brag about how good I'm doing now. All those teachers said that I wouldn't make it. Anyway, I will say this, though, in the film clip for Ice House.
Speaker 3: Is Crazy, Ivor Davies plays the late night radio announcer.
Speaker 5: Coming up to seven o'clock here and the sun's rising. I'm about to go home. You've been listening to the late night shift. And if I'm dreaming, don't wake me tonight. Good morning.
Speaker 3: You're on the air.
Speaker 10: Do you mind if I wake you tonight?
Speaker 3: Is that a request?
Speaker 8: Well, can you play crazy for me? It's his bladder on the line. Do you mind if I wake you tonight?
Speaker 3: Coming up.
Speaker 8: Coming up, your chance to cut through this talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And win tickets to see Ice House on the steps of the Opera House You get incredible behind-the-scenes tour. You get overnight accommodation.
Speaker 11: You get food and drinks. You get premium seating. You get to listen to a sound check. You get to listen to Jonesy being quiet.
Speaker 8: It will be incredible.
Speaker 3: That's all happening this hour. Also, Water Cooler Chat is coming up on Gold. Gold.
Speaker 10: Hello, it's Jonesy Demander driving you home this Friday afternoon.
Speaker 11: Let's talk about Charles Darwin. There's a sentence you don't often hear on commercial radio. What do you know about Charles Darwin?
Speaker 3: Actually, what do I know about Charles Darwin? Charles Darwin.
Speaker 8: Doesn't sound like much.
Speaker 10: I do know a lot about him. He had a turtle.
Speaker 11: Actually, he had that very turtle, I think, is the turtle that ended up in Australia Zoo.
Speaker 3: He had Darwin's theory.
Speaker 8: And what was it?
Speaker 3: We had descended from apes.
Speaker 8: Yeah. That was called the theory of evolution.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 11: And also he introduced the notion of natural selection.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: The natural selection guy.
Speaker 8: The natural selection guy.
Speaker 10: And then when you see someone doing something stupid, people say, well, no doubt he's going for the Darwin Award.
Speaker 8: That's right, which is just trying to take himself out of the gene pool.
Speaker 4: Mm-hmm.
Speaker 8: The reason I mention this is that apparently he was a classic grumpy bum. Sure, you can have all those scientific things behind your name, but his diary entries show him to be a fascinating grumpy bum. Let me read some.
Speaker 3: Of these for you.
Speaker 11: I'm very poorly today and very stupid and I hate everybody and everything.
Speaker 3: Fair enough.
Speaker 8: I was like a teenage girl. I hate myself. I hate clover and I hate bees.
Speaker 3: Bees?
Speaker 8: I hate a barnacle as no man.
Speaker 3: Ever did before. Is he talking about boat barnacle or skin barnacle?
Speaker 8: I'd assume boat barnacle. These are all different diary entries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not one day. He wasn't just having a bad day.
Speaker 8: All of this is very annoying. I'm sick of the subject and myself and the world. My paper was one long gigantic blunder from beginning to end. I'm the most miserable, befuddled, stupid dog in all of England. And this is how he signed a couple of his letters. A very stupid friend, C. Darwin. Your miserable friend, C.
Speaker 3: Darwin.
Speaker 8: And this final one I love. I'm very tired, very stomachy, and I hate nearly the whole world.
Speaker 3: Are you sure you're not reading from your own diary?
Speaker 8: Well, this is the thing.
Speaker 11: You know I do have my diary here in the office. And I thought, I also am a science genius myself.
Speaker 8: Genius, as you know.
Speaker 3: You have been a contender for the Darwin Awards many times.
Speaker 11: And I do have some of them where I'm just as ridiculously emotional and down on myself.
Speaker 8: This is what I've seen just in the first two pages.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 8: Well, here I am at 12.39. Tonight was the night of our formal. It's funny. I feel empty and strange. When we all sang Auld Lang Syne, however you spell it, I felt part of a group, a good, happy group. Sad to think it was breaking up. We had to dance to the beat of one, two, three, kiss, and I got to kiss Gary.
Speaker 3: Oh, Gary.
Speaker 8: I'll go on about how I'm not a typical grot, but I still fantasize about people. God, he's a hunk. Gee, I'm stupid. I always imagine I'll have a deep relationship with him, et cetera, which is pointless. There's a champagne breakfast tomorrow. I didn't want to go, but now I feel I have to. Now I feel I'm obligated to go, probably because if he might be there, God, I'm an idiot.
Speaker 3: So hang on, I don't understand.
Speaker 8: There is nothing to understand.
Speaker 3: Did you not like Gary?
Speaker 8: I did, but I had no chance. Who knows? All these emotions were all in one big bunch. Same as Charles Darwin.
Speaker 3: Did you, with the kiss, let's talk about the details. No, let's not. What are we talking about?
Speaker 8: Well, no, it would have been like a peck on the cheek.
Speaker 3: Oh, just a peck on the cheek.
Speaker 8: It was like one, two, three, instead of clapping hands, kiss on the cheek. Oh, right. I was incredibly naive and virginal, as you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good.
Speaker 9: Good.
Speaker 8: Good. What about this one? You'll enjoy this one.
Speaker 3: Is this Darwin or Keller?
Speaker 8: This is Keller.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 8: Darwin minus the science.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 8: Well, another Christmas Eve is upon us. It really doesn't feel like Christmas. Maybe because of the elections. Maybe because we're going away. We won't be celebrating much as you get older. As you get older. I'm about 14. As you get older, Christmas becomes less magical. No Santa, less presents. It's a shame to think that another year will go by before next Christmas. It seems terrible to waste it. I've just realised I don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: You're kind of cut from the same cloth, you and Darwin.
Speaker 8: How about I quiz you? Here's a final entry. You have to guess whether this is Darwin or me.
Speaker 3: Darwin or Keller.
Speaker 8: I wish this great living thing inside me would go. God, I feel terrible. God, I'm tired.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: Darwin?
Speaker 8: It's Keller. It's an emotive. teenage killer.
Speaker 3: Ah, where's some monkey feces to throw? Jam Nation. Gold, hello there. It's Jonesy and Amanda driving you home this Friday afternoon.
Speaker 10: We have the Client Experience Team here.
Speaker 3: Everything now has a big word salad name.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Client Experience Team. I think, well, didn't it used to just be sales?
Speaker 3: When I started in radio, I was just a radio DJ.
Speaker 8: What are you now?
Speaker 3: Radio DJ. Still am a radio DJ.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 2: What are you?
Speaker 4: I'm a.
Speaker 3: You're the talent. We call you the talent.
Speaker 8: I'm a heaps wicked meat puppet broadcaster.
Speaker 3: Gem Y. Ray, actually, you would have some sort of. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Like my official title?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What is your?
Speaker 9: I think it's something like, it's like audio noise utility specialist.
Speaker 6: Anus.
Speaker 12: No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: No, that's what it's anus. Audio noise utility specialist.
Speaker 8: I think the business starts with those initials and works backwards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right.
Speaker 8: They're all giggling at us.
Speaker 10: Anyway, the client experience team back in the good old days was just called Sales.
Speaker 3: They went out, sold the advertising, and that's what they did.
Speaker 11: But they have a board where they put it on a whiteboard. It's basically a would you rather.
Speaker 8: So we thought we'd introduce all of you to the topics.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and really we're the people that comes up with the content. So we've nicked it off them and we've given it a snappy title. That snappy title is Water Cooler Chat.
Speaker 8: Here's today's. Are you ready?
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 8: Would you rather never eat meat or never have coffee? So never have meat or never have coffee. What will you choose, Brendan?
Speaker 3: I'd go with that coffee.
Speaker 8: I'm not a big coffee drinker. Could you go without meat at all? Can you have one or two meals without meat?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 8: You're not one of those households that has like a vegetarian night on a Tuesday.
Speaker 10: Yeah, my wife sometimes, she proposed is that sometimes. Why don't we just go meat-free Monday? And I just say no.
Speaker 8: I just say no. What a snappy comeback. She must go, well, Mr. Linguist, I hear you loud and clear.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not like Jake the Musk. I'm just saying.
Speaker 8: Your face looked full of anger, though, as you said it.
Speaker 3: No, I like meat. I'll eat fish. If we're not going to have meat, I'll eat fish.
Speaker 8: But it's interesting. What about you, Ryan?
Speaker 11: Because lots of people are obsessed with coffee. Jonesy and I aren't obsessive coffee people, but you like your coffee.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I have multiple coffees a day, so this is pretty tough. But I also really love meat as well. So I was thinking I could give up coffee and just swap to energy drinks instead as a way around it.
Speaker 8: Right. So you would choose meat?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 12: And, like, I didn't start drinking coffee until I was about 18, so.
Speaker 6: Meaning?
Speaker 12: Like I've gone without it before.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: But before you were 18.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: When my first three years of life, I didn't touch a coffee. The first six weeks, I didn't eat meat.
Speaker 3: That's like I went without fornication for many years. Post-wedding.
Speaker 12: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Well, that is. I can live without that.
Speaker 8: That is today's dilemma.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 11: Would you rather never have meat or never have coffee?
Speaker 10: If you would like to join us, 135522. Water cooler chat is in session on Gold.
Speaker 8: Jonesy and Amanda.
Speaker 14: Listen to the podcast whenever you want with the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Gold, good afternoon to you. It's Jonesy and Amanda driving you home.
Speaker 10: When there's big issues to talk about, we could go to the Jonesy and Amanda arms.
Speaker 8: We could open a can of worms.
Speaker 3: We could put it up to the whip pole.
Speaker 8: But no, today we do this.
Speaker 16: Studies have shown that more information gets passed through water cooler gossip than through official members.
Speaker 3: Gather round ye olde water cooler.
Speaker 10: Thanks to the client experience team that works at this radio station or broadcast facility, i.e.
Speaker 3: Radio sales. They've come up with this today.
Speaker 8: Today's one. Would you rather never eat meat or never have coffee?
Speaker 3: I could go without coffee.
Speaker 8: Let's see what Mon of the Gold Coast thinks. Over to you for our water cooler chat, Mon. Meat or coffee, which can you do without?
Speaker 7: I feel like I could do without meat.
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 8: So you'd put coffee before meat? I would have coffee every day of the week. I'm just picturing myself living in Italy, eating pasta and tomato sauce. Actually, that's not bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: That's a good way of thinking about it.
Speaker 3: You know what I like to do?
Speaker 10: I just get the pasta, I put a tin of that Serena tuna in it, and you just munch it all together.
Speaker 3: That's good. But is that meat?
Speaker 8: Tuna is meat.
Speaker 3: Is tuna meat?
Speaker 8: I think we're classifying fish as meat, aren't we?
Speaker 3: Are we doing this around the water cooler?
Speaker 8: I think. Would you call fish meat mon?
Speaker 13: Yes.
Speaker 8: I just like... Pure basics, some salt, onion, tomato with a garlic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: Yum, yum, yum. Okay.
Speaker 3: Bit of basil.
Speaker 8: It's a good answer. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Bellissimo. Thank you, Mon.
Speaker 8: Deb's in Liverpool. Deb, would you rather never eat meat or never have coffee?
Speaker 7: A thousand percent. I would seriously give up meat because I wouldn't. I actually feel like I would kill my entire family and all my friends if I didn't have coffee, so I wouldn't even have anyone to actually enjoy my coffee with.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 8: Well, we'll put out an arrest for you this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Betty is with us. Hello, Betty.
Speaker 8: Would you rather never eat meat or never have coffee?
Speaker 3: Hi, guys.
Speaker 7: Take my coffee, but leave my steak.
Speaker 3: I've got to have the meat.
Speaker 7: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Isn't it good when you get a good steak?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 3: You just get a good steak.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's nothing like a very good steak.
Speaker 3: And you're loving your life. Thanks, Beth. Ryan has joined us.
Speaker 8: Hello, Ryan.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 8: Would you rather never eat meat or never have coffee?
Speaker 7: Well, this is really easy for me because I don't drink coffee already, so never drink coffee again.
Speaker 8: I'm quite fine with that.
Speaker 3: So you're happy with that?
Speaker 8: You're happy with that.
Speaker 3: What do you have instead of coffee?
Speaker 8: Do you have tea or hot chocolate? What do you have?
Speaker 4: No, I don't like hot liquids.
Speaker 8: I've got a couple of friends who are like that, who don't have it.
Speaker 11: So during the day, I know you probably sip water and do all those things that people do around here. Everyone seems to carry a gallon of water. Do you drink anything other than that?
Speaker 16: Occasionally I'll have like a Pepsi Max or a sparkling water.
Speaker 3: Rightio. So could you give up? Do you drink beer? I do.
Speaker 8: Would you rather never have meat or never have beer? I'm going to have to go no beer.
Speaker 3: Whoa. I'll tell you what, if that was my, just call me a seed-eating vegan. Just call me Osher Ginsberg. Thank you. Thank you for being part of the Water Cooler Chat.
Speaker 10: Your chance to see Ice House at the Sydney Opera House is coming.
Speaker 3: Up next on Gold.
Speaker 4: Jam Nation.
Speaker 3: On Gold. Or maybe we should let DJ Ivor have a crack.
Speaker 5: Coming up to seven o'clock here and the sun's rising.
Speaker 3: No, it's not.
Speaker 5: I'm about to go home. You've been listening to the late night shift. And if I'm dreaming, don't wake me tonight. Good morning.
Speaker 3: You're on the air.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 7: Do you mind if I wake you tonight?
Speaker 5: Is that a request?
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: Can you play Crazy for me?
Speaker 3: No, I can't.
Speaker 8: It's his acting coach on the line.
Speaker 3: That's Ivor Davies pretending to be a radio DJ.
Speaker 8: In a film clip.
Speaker 3: In a film clip for Crazy.
Speaker 8: That's what we're talking about, Ivor Davies.
Speaker 3: Exactly, because right now it's time.
Speaker 2: Gold presents I Heart Live, Ice House, live on the harbour.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes.
Speaker 3: Gold's golden ticket.
Speaker 10: We are giving you the ultimate VIP experience to see Australian music royalty Ice House in an iHeart Live event with one unforgettable night on Sydney Harbour.
Speaker 11: You get behind-the-scenes tour, including watching the soundcheck, overnight accommodation in a Harbour View room for two people at the Hyatt Regency Sydney, brekkie included at the Soundmaker restaurant, food and drinks, premium seating.
Speaker 8: This is going to be the night of your life.
Speaker 3: This is going to be fantastic. And you know who's going to be going off? Let me know. Taryn of Point Cook.
Speaker 8: It's you, Taryn.
Speaker 4: Oh, my God.
Speaker 1: Oh, my God.
Speaker 3: Oh, my God.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 15: Hello.
Speaker 3: You are a winner.
Speaker 8: You are a winner. You'll be there watching Ice House. I can't believe this.
Speaker 3: Up close and personal.
Speaker 4: I can't believe this. That is so amazing.
Speaker 3: It's so good. It's so good.
Speaker 10: Would you rather have Ivor sing or do his DJ patter?
Speaker 13: Look, honestly, just to be there would be.
Speaker 7: I can't wait. Thank you.
Speaker 8: You're going to have the best time. This is all on Sydney Harbour. Fabulous accommodation, VIP treatment. You're going to love yourself sick, Taryn. Congratulations.
Speaker 12: Oh, my God.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much, guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Good on you, Taryn.
Speaker 3: You could be on the radio with that patter. Listen to that.
Speaker 8: Better than Ivers.
Speaker 3: The guest list starts again now.
Speaker 8: So be listening to Christian Monday morning from six.
Speaker 11: He will reveal the next winning Icehouse song to get you closer to a golden ticket.
Speaker 10: Join Australian music royalty Icehouse on the Harbour Live at Fleet Steps this September for one incredible night only.
Speaker 3: Tickets on sale now through Ticketek and gold.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Jonesy and Amanda podcast.
Speaker 12: We had so many requests for them to do it again.
Speaker 1: Jonesy and Amanda.
Speaker 2: Amanda, she just cracks me up.
Speaker 8: Maybe we should lay off the moonshine.
Speaker 6: Jonesy's always knocking Amanda.
Speaker 3: It's so weak.
Speaker 4: Amanda's always knocking Jonesy. I'm done.
Speaker 3: Friday field sessions, they just get better and better, don't they?
Speaker 8: Well, who knows what's on the cards today. What do you say?
Speaker 3: It could all come apart today.
Speaker 8: No, but no pressure. What we get is what we get. That's the whole point. His artists come in here, they set up in our studio, and we get what we get.
Speaker 10: Oh, look at little Anthony Kalea's little face pressed up against the glass.
Speaker 8: I don't want him to feel he's under any pressure.
Speaker 11: Anthony Kalea, we all know who Anthony Kalea is, but I didn't realise that The Prayer debuted at number one.
Speaker 8: It stayed at the top of the charts for five weeks.
Speaker 11: It became the fastest-selling Australian single at the time of its release in 2004.
Speaker 8: You remember The Prayer?
Speaker 4: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 6: I don't speak of the Italian, but that's bellissimo.
Speaker 8: He won't be singing that. What will he be singing? We'll find out next.
Speaker 4: Indeed.
Speaker 10: Friday Feels Sessions with Anthony Kalia coming up. Also, Instagram makes its return on gold.
Speaker 14: Jam.
Speaker 5: Jam Nation.
Speaker 3: Gold. It's Jonesy and Amanda driving you home.
Speaker 10: The Friday Feels Sessions.
Speaker 8: Well, look, if there's one artist who knows the power of connection, it's Anthony Kalia. He has been winning audiences over.
Speaker 11: Well, he started on Australian Idol back in 2004, but he's become one of the country's most beloved voices. He's got number one albums. He's got live shows. All about bringing people together. And he's heading out on the road with The Connection Tour. And he joins us now, Anthony Kalia.
Speaker 3: He's a big deal. Good afternoon.
Speaker 5: Here he is.
Speaker 3: So good to be here.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Do you look well? Thank you. I would hope so.
Speaker 15: It takes a lot of effort to look this cheap, as Dolly said.
Speaker 8: But you know, dear departed Dolly.
Speaker 3: Rest in peace.
Speaker 11: Even though looking at that year, 2004, it still feels like you're a youngster.
Speaker 15: Well, I try and, you know, stay young and think young. but there are mornings where I get out of the bed and everything creaks. I'm sure everyone else can relate to.
Speaker 10: But did you catch up with the alma mater? Cause we see Casey from time to time and who else do you see?
Speaker 3: Well, it's interesting.
Speaker 15: Only a few months ago, uh, we, there was seven of us from our year of idol that we all caught up at a Marley's home, um, in Sydney. And yeah, we all went to her place for a barbecue and Courtney was there and really came and, um, Yeah, there was seven or eight of us, and it was really beautiful just to be together again. And it was like nothing had changed. It was like we all walked in and we went, oh, my God, we feel like it's old school Idol again.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I'm often fascinated by the sliding doors of things, the names you've just rattled.
Speaker 8: Off, singers. But if you hadn't had that sliding door moment on that show, would you be where you are now?
Speaker 3: Who knows?
Speaker 15: To be honest, and I wrote this in my book, actually, I rocked up to the first year of the Idol auditions when Guy and Shannon did it. And I had a moment, I had a freak out moment. I had an anxiety attack and they called out my number and I couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to sing and I left. And then it took me a good six months to nine months to sort of work the courage up again. And then I auditioned and I feel as though that was just my time and place then. And I knew within myself that now I'm ready to do it. And I'm so glad that I did. It was a different era back then. And it was a beautiful era. I feel as though we live in such a digital world these days. And back then it was just so organic and there wasn't a lot of bells and whistles on that show back then. It was like, here's your mic, sing, and it's live. And if you can do it, you can do it. And if you can't, you sort of get found out if you can't. And, um, I sort of love that. And I take that with me every day. That live experience is just a beautiful thing. And yeah, that sliding door moment, I don't know what I would be really doing. I do like interior decorating and I do like cars.
Speaker 3: So who knows? I could have been an interior decorator. Interior decorating cars. Oh, that would be heaven. This is a thing.
Speaker 8: How many curtains can you replace on a car?
Speaker 3: Venetian blinds are back.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Bring it on. And talking about feeling.
Speaker 10: So the Friday feels session and you've come in and I noticed you've brought an entourage outside the studio at the moment.
Speaker 3: They're going to be a part of the performance.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I've got Susie O'Hearn and Bo. I love my musos and my band. And, um, there is this beautiful connection that we have in, you know, on tour. I've got Rocky as well. I grew up with Rocky, my other backing vocalist. We grew up at, um, when I was seven. That's how long we've known each other. He was your backup vocalist when you were seven.
Speaker 3: No, no.
Speaker 15: We went to the same performing arts school and we had the same vocal coach.
Speaker 3: And yeah, he's been part of my life for that long.
Speaker 15: So it's actually nice to walk out on stage and just feel, you know, not only comfortable, connected with an audience, but connected with your musos on stage.
Speaker 3: And what are you going to be performing for us today? Ah, The Flame by Cheap Trick.
Speaker 15: And again, it's one of those songs, like it's just so beautiful when you pull it back and you listen to the backbone of this song and the lyrics.
Speaker 3: And it's just.
Speaker 15: Something connects with you when you actually just hone in on music without all the bells and whistles.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I love singing.
Speaker 10: A lot Well, so we won't have bells and whistles, but we'll have you and two other accompaniments.
Speaker 3: I do have some rhinestones on my jeans, though.
Speaker 8: Oh, I did notice that.
Speaker 3: And you've got killer flexibility as well. Oh, that's what all the boys say.
Speaker 8: That was quite a high heel flex.
Speaker 3: You just did there. Is that thing attached to your leg?
Speaker 10: It's like it just came off. You're just jealous. I am so jealous. You go and warm up. We'll be back for the Friday Field Sessions with Anthony Kalea on Gold.
Speaker 3: Thanks, guys.
Speaker 1: See a whole lot more of Jonesy and Amanda on our socials.
Speaker 3: Jonesy and Amanda.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Speaker 10: Gold, it's Jonesy and Amanda driving you home, the Friday Field Sessions. It's Friday and look who we got in the studio.
Speaker 8: Well, this is one of the things. It's Anthony Kalea and I've admired your voice for so long. This is what a gift this is for us.
Speaker 11: To watch you build out a tune because to be able to sing seems like such a marvel to me.
Speaker 8: And Susie, you've got Susie with you. You've got Bo on keyboards. I can't wait to see you.
Speaker 3: He's brought an entourage.
Speaker 9: He has.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 3: This is what you do, though. This is what you do.
Speaker 10: Today you're performing for us, which you just announced before, but just for people that have just joined us.
Speaker 3: What are we playing today?
Speaker 1: We're going to do a beautiful rendition of The Flame.
Speaker 3: My cheap trick. Yeah. Well, without it.
Speaker 8: Let's make it an expensive trick.
Speaker 3: Okay. A luxe trick. A big trick. Friday Phil Sessions on gold, Anthony Clare and the flame. Take it away, Bo.
Speaker 4: Another night slowly closes in. And I feel so lonely. Touching heat, freezing on my skin. I pretend you still hold me.
Speaker 3: I'm going crazy.
Speaker 4: I'm losing sleep. I'm in too far. I'm in way too deep over you. I can't believe you're gone You were the first, you'll be the last Wherever you go, I'll be with you Whatever you want, I'll give it.
Speaker 3: To you.
Speaker 4: Oh, whenever you need someone to lay your heart and hand upon, remember after the fire, after all the rain, I will be the flame. I will be the flame. I'm going crazy, I'm losing sleep I'm in too far, I'm in a way too deep over you I can't believe you're gone You were the first, you'll be the last Wherever you go, I'll be with you Whatever you want, I'll give it to you. Oh, whenever you need someone to lay your heart and head upon, remember after the fire, after all the rain, I will be the flame.
Speaker 2: I will be the flame. I will be.
Speaker 4: There, I will be there, I will be the flame.
Speaker 8: Weepy.
Speaker 3: Wow. Come on, he wasn't that bad.
Speaker 12: It was so good.
Speaker 2: It was so good.
Speaker 8: Oh, that was so beautiful.
Speaker 3: Oh, my God, you guys.
Speaker 10: Every time we do this, I always feel that we just can't get better, but we just get better and better.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. Oh, that was spectacular. Extraordinary. Thank you. Anthony, thank you. Susie, thank you.
Speaker 10: Bo, thank you. Thank you for coming in. And, of course, your tour. We've got all the deets on our socials, jonesydamanda.com.au. And you've got a website, of course, that you would have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just my name, anthonykalee.com.
Speaker 8: How oblique.
Speaker 3: Just my name. Don't wear it out. Thank you so much, and thank you for being part of the Friday Field Sessions. Have a great weekend, everyone. Instagram is here. If you'd like to pay, $ 13.
Speaker 4: 55.
Speaker 3: 22 on gold.
Speaker 9: Yeah!
Speaker 3: Gold, it's Jonesy and Amanda driving you home this Friday afternoon.
Speaker 10: 10 questions, 60 seconds on the clock.
Speaker 3: You could pass if you don't know an answer. We'll come back to that question if time permits. Must you do that with your eye?
Speaker 8: I'm just scratching it, Brendan.
Speaker 3: You're really digging in there.
Speaker 8: You've got a real eye thing.
Speaker 3: No, but you're really digging in there.
Speaker 8: I've watched you pick hairs out of your nose, as has Ryan.
Speaker 3: Scratching.
Speaker 8: The outside of my eyelash isn't nearly as me.
Speaker 3: I would rather watch someone pick their nose than their eye.
Speaker 8: Are you kidding?
Speaker 3: Yeah. That's water cooler chat for next week.
Speaker 10: Anyway, you get all the questions right, you win $ 1, 000, but that's not all.
Speaker 8: That's not all.
Speaker 11: You can go with $ 1, 000 or you can play double or nothing by answering a bonus question. But as I said, you might get $ 2, 000, you might get nothing.
Speaker 3: Jacqueline is in Belden. Hello, Jacqueline.
Speaker 8: Good morning. How are you?
Speaker 3: What would you rather watch, someone pick their nose or pick their eye?
Speaker 8: Oh, definitely the eye.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 8: It's disgusting. There'd be no one in the world who would rather watch someone pick a nose. And you know it.
Speaker 3: No way, man. He knows it.
Speaker 4: No way.
Speaker 11: Well, let's see, Jacqueline. Let's see if we can get you some money this Friday afternoon. We've got 10 questions, 60 seconds. Say pass if you're not sure because we might have time to come back, okay?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 8: Good luck because here we go. Here comes question number one. A fedora is a type of what? Question two, O is a symbol for which chemical element?
Speaker 9: Oxygen.
Speaker 8: Question three, from what tree do we get an acorn? Pass. Question four, Captain Morgan is a type of what alcoholic beverage?
Speaker 13: Beer.
Speaker 3: Captain Morgan's rum. Captain Morgan rum, Jacqueline.
Speaker 8: I should know.
Speaker 2: Irish.
Speaker 3: Honestly. Irish.
Speaker 8: And the tree, the acorn comes from the oak tree.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't have got that.
Speaker 3: Remember Chicken Little? The sky falling on the head.
Speaker 8: What's that got to do with.
Speaker 10: Well, that's where the acorn dropped on the dope's head while the sky was falling and put everyone into a panic.
Speaker 8: There's a lot to learn from that. Don't panic.
Speaker 3: Jacqueline.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Have a good weekend and thank you for being part of Instagram.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Carry on.
Speaker 10: It'll be back again on Monday. You can always play jonesydemander.com.au. You can register today on gold.
Speaker 16: Jam Nation.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 10: It's Jonesy Demander driving you home. We straddle a lot of medias in this business.
Speaker 11: We do, and that accounts for why my hips are always sore. So to keep an eye on what we've said, where it's gone and how people have responded, we have Jenna, our social media guru.
Speaker 10: Her name is Jenna and she loves cats, TikTok, Snapchat.
Speaker 6: She's a social media guru.
Speaker 4: We like to call her our social media dipstick.
Speaker 8: By the way, she's single.
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 8: Oh, okay.
Speaker 13: It's been a huge week. across the Jonesy and Amanda socials. And once again, it all started with our Tin Hat Tuesday segment.
Speaker 8: So it was.
Speaker 13: Regular conspiracy contributor Rob with this theory that went crazy online.
Speaker 16: Jacob Rothschild?
Speaker 14: Don't you reckon Prince William looks exactly like him?
Speaker 8: Meaning that Diana had a relationship with him, presumably.
Speaker 3: No, unofficially inseminated. By Jacob Rothschild?
Speaker 10: The Rothschilds have been putting their genetics into the monarchy for the last hundred years.
Speaker 8: And what have people said about that, Jenna?
Speaker 13: Yeah, so the videos received 3 million views across our socials.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 13: Thousands of comments, including this one by Carmen on Facebook, who writes, the Rothschild saved the royal family from becoming bankrupt in exchange for breeding with them.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 12: Yes.
Speaker 13: While user StemCellActivator writes, I've heard all these theories. And love that they are finally on mainstream radio.
Speaker 3: That's us. We're bringing it to the light. Break out the royal turkey baster.
Speaker 13: It's also been a very emotional week as we learnt that Amanda's beautiful 14-year-old border collie Minnie, who we all absolutely adore, has been diagnosed with lymphoma.
Speaker 11: Yes, and thank you to everyone who has responded. I mean, it reminds everyone about their love for their own pets, but it's been beautiful.
Speaker 8: Thank you. Yes, exactly.
Speaker 13: So thousands across the world have resonated with your journey, Amanda, with people sharing their own heartbreaking stories and photos of their own pets. So Suze writes, I was listening to Amanda's story this afternoon on the way home from work. I bawled my eyes out. When I got my ashes from my baby Chardonnay, I cried for hours holding her ashes. I really felt Amanda's pain. My heart goes out to you.
Speaker 8: You know, it's funny. Every time I mention it to someone or someone comes to talk to me about it, they'll still say, oh, I lost my dog five years ago and I still cry every day. Exactly. So that's hard to hear, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 13: And Annette, she adds, I just lost my bestest boy in July. He was 13 years old. It was sudden, but we had to make the choice. I still cry every day. Amanda and family, my heart goes out to you all. The feeling of utter helplessness is heart-wrenching. Big hugs to you and your girl.
Speaker 8: Thank you. That's lovely.
Speaker 10: That's why you're going to get like a Galapagos turtle as a pet because they live for.
Speaker 3: You know, Charles Darwin's pet was 140 years old.
Speaker 11: But it still eventually passed away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 8: Not on my watch.
Speaker 3: Not on Darwin's watch. He's long gone.
Speaker 13: On another note, it's time for Digital Jenners. This is where I choose my favourite contributor of the week, and this week was a tough one, so I'd like to give it to everyone who messaged us with stories of their own pets while giving Amanda some beautiful support during this tough time.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Jenna.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of bespoke tin hats you'll be making there, friend.
Speaker 8: It's a lot of virtual hugs, and I accept them all, and thank you.
Speaker 3: Well done. Thank you, Jenna.
Speaker 1: We like to call her our social media dipstick.
Speaker 6: By the way, she's single.
Speaker 10: You know, a promise made is a promise delivered, so you better crack them with those hats.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Brendan, for always ruining the emotion.
Speaker 5: Righto, UT.
Speaker 9: That's enough.
Speaker 3: Have a good weekend, friendy.
Speaker 8: I'll see you on Monday.
Speaker 3: Good day to you. Well, thank God that's over.
Speaker 14: Catch up on the Jonesy and Amanda podcast. Download the free iHeart app now.
Speaker 3: See you next time. Let's get the hell out of here.
Speaker 14: Hear every second of Jonesy and Amanda on demand. Search for us now on the iHeart app.