Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Good pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Burn.
Speaker 1: Brady, your work, our windows, my world, Rison the dust only good babs all day. I don't much, but yeah I'm not. I'll big get and what I want.
Speaker 2: It don't matter where. This is the pickup.
Speaker 1: Happy Monday, everybody, Well Monday afternoon, it's the pick out with Britt Hockey and Laura Burn.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, guess what came out at midday today?
Speaker 1: Laura, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I know you haven't been quite as invested as I have been this season. But the season finale of White Loadus came out today, so I haven't seen it yet. I am going to go home and watch it tonight.
Speaker 1: Not that I'm not invested, I just haven't jumped on the aboard the train. I'm a smash That means not invested. No, because I am. I love White Loaded. I'm gonna smash the whole thing out over the Easter break.
Speaker 3: Well, I was actually supposed to be with Patrick Schwartzenegger, who's one of the stars.
Speaker 1: Of the shows.
Speaker 3: Day Well, I had an allergic reaction on my face and I had to care. So now before anyone runs.
Speaker 1: With that it wasn't a date. It was a premiere, so was him and five hundred other people and you just.
Speaker 3: Being pat from the red carpet having a yarn, but also in doubly as exciting news. Rumor has it that the next season of White Loaders has been signed on in Queensland, Australia. Yeah, so I'm putting it here first. This is my acting debut, Mike White. I am going to be in the next White loatus.
Speaker 1: I'm putting our he spread those rumors bre you go for gold. You know what they say, You're just shoot big.
Speaker 3: There's literally my whole life for the stars.
Speaker 1: You land on the moon, you might end up in a commercial, maybe not a white loadus. Have I got it wrong, Cris. I have just googled to fact check.
Speaker 3: That and it was posted by Tourism Queensland six days ago, which happens to be April Full's Day. Oh do you know what is funny because that means so many media outlets haven't realized that was April Fools because that's been circulating.
Speaker 1: That's sad.
Speaker 3: But let's start it for stuff it Mike White. Queensland is the perfect.
Speaker 1: Spot for Hamilton Island would be a great spot for a white Loaders series.
Speaker 3: I also heard a rumor it could be going to Marrakesh, Morocco.
Speaker 1: Okay, well it will also travel. Now there is something that we simply must talk about, do we have to? Yes, it is the snake in the pants. Don't look at me like that, producer Grace. It's exactly what it was. Everybody on Friday was left absolutely gobsmacked by Robert Irwin's Bonds campaign photo shoot. If you haven't seen it, you clearly don't have the internet at home. So let me describe it to you. Robert Irwin, who is the lovable boy next door. I thought he was a child, but apparently not. He has been photographed wearing nothing but bonds, which you call them the Bonds boxes.
Speaker 3: It's not like it's Bonds underwear.
Speaker 1: Yes I know, but it's unexpected from Robert Erwin. Let me get it out because women across the country don't know how to behave Now he's holding iguanas, he's got snakes wrapped around his neck and people are not just commenting on that snake. And let me tell you it took the world or Australi up by storm.
Speaker 3: I am on his Instagram now, just so you know what we're talking about, by storm twenty three and a half thousand comments on his underwear photo. It's crazy, that's the first one that was three days ago. They needed to behind the scenes five thousand comments.
Speaker 1: Can I just say though, this is absolutely brilliant marketing campaign from Bonds. So the reason why that this campaign came to lie is because they've just launched their Made Down Under campaign into the US and obviously the Irwins have such a huge US presence like they have been a you know, I feel like Robert is our biggest export to the US, to.
Speaker 3: Be honest, and they think margat Robbie and Nicole Kimman would argue against that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's up there. Americans love the Irwins, they really do. They deeply love them, and I think like that's their version of what Australiana is. You know that we've got kangaro in our backyards.
Speaker 3: And we all rather than Irwin one dancing with the stars America. That's how much they love the Aussies.
Speaker 1: See that's crazy. I mean this photo shoot, it is very raunchy for Robert Irwin because I would say that for so long he's been that boy next door. We've seen him as a boy, and then all of a sudden, it wasn't like it's slow creep. It wasn't like this is something that's happened over you know, the last couple of years, and we saw him really come into his manhood. He just went from being the boy next door to bam, there he is. He a snake.
Speaker 3: He hasn't bammed for me. He's still a boy next door for me. He is only twenty one. I do want to say that he's still twenty one years old, so let's just keep that empty.
Speaker 1: Also, Also, you know what's interesting, because like I'll put my hand up to this, it is interesting how we are so okay as a society in general with women commenting on this, because there are so many thirsty women on the internet being like holy hell, like this is a twenty one year old but manny looks hot. If this was gender flipped and it was men doing that about a twenty one year old girl, like we would be up in arms. Which I'm not saying there's many reasons for that. I'm not saying that that's surprising, but I do think like we're very much sexualizing Robert when it feels weird? Can we stop?
Speaker 3: It was weird to me the whole time. I don't even think I could like it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Robert.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's great, it's a great shoot. You look great. The iguana is my favorite, the meter and a half long iguana that you're cuddling, because it's almost satirical, like that's why I feel like that's funny. I think it's brilliant. I think it's brilliant marketing, but it's really confused. The thirsty women, the thirsty moms. They are thirsty as all hell. And I think it does pose the question. It's not what we're talking about here, we're just appreciating the underwear shoot, but it does pose the question on would it be okay if it was a role reversal for the sex one?
Speaker 1: No, absolutely not. I mean there's a big power and balance. There's a whole other thing that we can go into with that. But one thing that I do find quite funny, and it has been like it's been like a running thread online about this campaign. So Terry Irwin, who is wonderful like she we've met her in the studio before. She often comes with Robert to most of his media type work, so everywhere. Yes, she goes to Africa for I'm a Celebrity in Africa when Matt was just in Iime of Celebrities shooting the finale. She came here to the pickup when we had the pleasure of interviewing Robert last year. Honestly, she really is just the most incredibly supportive mum, and I wonder if she's actually his manager alongside as well. It does strike me as like where was Terry in?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 1: Was Terry? There was Terry? Like you're doing great, sweetie, Like what was she doing here?
Speaker 4: She?
Speaker 3: I do think she was the pet handler in the background. I think she was passing over the snakes and things like that. But I'm pretty sure she does manage him, and if she's not the official manager, she's his advisor, Like I don't think that he is accepting anything that's not run by his mom in a way. And she's done a brilliant job at paving their careers, like it is absolutely wonderful what she has done.
Speaker 1: But she seems like she's done an amazing job of just being a mum in general.
Speaker 3: Totally, But I do wonder if she was just off site and directing this shoe. But mate, well done, Robert. That was about to say that kid, that kid, that guy's not going to stay single long. That's what I'm gonna say. DMS would be blowing up.
Speaker 1: I think that it's fantastic. I think that this is like, look, and I know we made lots of jokes, but I actually think that this is a really smart rebrand for him because you know, here's twenty one. He has definitely taken on a lot of those sort of like roles of being like the lovable child, I would say, and everyone's always so impressed by how young he is and what he's achieved. But I mean he's like I'm a man. Yeah, he's a man now, I mean, and like, what better way to show it than in your underes for Bonds. I think it's a great rebrand, and you know what, it's certainly got a lot of people talking about it, us included, and I'm very excited for our next guest. It's someone who's very close to home for me, actually.
Speaker 3: So close he's in your home.
Speaker 1: He's so close that he's from within my home. My husband Mattie Jay, who is also the New Stan Ambassador, and there is a TV show that has taken over our household, and Matt, you have gotten pre screening of this and you've watched quite a bit of it so far. It is the brand new Stand original series Love Triangle Season three that is out and you're here to tell us about it. Also, you went to the launch and you did something without me knowing. We'll talk about that as well.
Speaker 2: Did I not ask you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, we all talk about that now. No point, hook.
Speaker 2: I can show you my guns.
Speaker 3: Hang on, Maddie's point, you show me your bicep.
Speaker 5: Laura has seen it. That is three love hearts and the word dad.
Speaker 1: You got a tattoo?
Speaker 2: I thought, yeah, and some people.
Speaker 5: Are like, it's really wonky, and I'm like, well, it's because Marley.
Speaker 2: She drew it when.
Speaker 1: She was three, so give it a kid a break, Okay, hang on.
Speaker 3: So you went to the launch on the spot, decided to get a tattoo, thought what am I going to get? Found a picture that your three year old daughter wrote, and then got that tattooed on the tricep.
Speaker 5: Yes, I should have been hosting the launch, but instead I spent all my time in the tattoo chair.
Speaker 3: Well, I wouldn't say all your time. It's pretty basic.
Speaker 1: I don't think it took you very long. How dag, it's not a min a.
Speaker 2: Do not call my child basic.
Speaker 3: It's pretty basic.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: But yes, I was there for the launch of Love Triangle, and yes I'm obsessed. I'm in the inner sanctum of stand now. So I do have advanced screening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that just set this.
Speaker 3: Up for anyone. It is season three. But if anyone hasn't watched it yet, why is this show different to any other dating love show?
Speaker 5: Okay, well, in a nutshell, really quickly if you don't know the premise. You have a number of singles. Each single has two suitors. They text only on phone for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: It's pretty much like how you start dating exactly. You do all your best work.
Speaker 5: On text, and so then the single person has to decide which of the two suitors will then live with them, right, and then after a few days, sometimes it goes well and sometimes it doesn't.
Speaker 2: That other suitor then moves in, so.
Speaker 1: The three of them live together like a great big manajatoa.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's like at the end of the Bachelor It's like when you pick the person right and the other person doesn't get picked at the end, you're like sorry, But then it's like spoil.
Speaker 1: I now you're going to the house together.
Speaker 2: It's the third wheel.
Speaker 1: It's brilliant good if you if you think you chose the wrong person right, Like if you get a couple of weeks in and you're dating, you're like, actually, this guy, his chat game was great, but his real life game is terrible. Then you've got the other person that comes back. You get a second, a bite of the pie. One might say, we look you have.
Speaker 5: You have some couples who are beautiful and from the get go you're like, oh my gosh, I think I'm going to watch these two people fall in love. Then you have other couples where you're like, oh my gosh, five minutes and you're like they hate each other and it's great.
Speaker 1: So would you.
Speaker 3: Say you stan some couples?
Speaker 2: Oh, she's very good, very good. Brett Hockley.
Speaker 1: There is a contestant who's on this show, which, like a lot of people will know and recognize if you are a lover of married at First Sight season six, his name is Micah Gunner. He was paired with the beautiful Heidi who had curly Hey, she's great, used to work in radio, like and they started off as like quite a seemingly lovely couple, and then the wheels fell off that wagon real quick. Mike has come back for a second chance of love on reality TV.
Speaker 5: Well you might remember Mike from this really iconic line, I'm.
Speaker 6: Not your therapist.
Speaker 2: This isn't therapy.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're just telling me. Oh, he was such a catch, wasn't he?
Speaker 6: Wasn't he?
Speaker 1: I wonder why dating hasn't been going so well from in the real world.
Speaker 5: Look, when I met Mike at the event, he was great. I wanted to like him.
Speaker 1: You're not trying to have sex with him, so that's different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's different.
Speaker 1: This is a key word there.
Speaker 3: I wanted to like him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, okay, there's he has some problems, Okay, And I really hope that finding love for a second time works out for Mike so far. So I did have a quick chat to find out why he wanted to do the show and what he was hoping to change.
Speaker 2: Has the Mike that we know from maths changed it all?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 6: I was forty four then and I'm fifty now, So I guess I've changed somewhat. I'm probably a better version of myself than I was back then.
Speaker 2: But you know that I'm a fun person.
Speaker 6: I'm just a normal guy, and I think I might have been perceived as being potentially misogynists and sexist, which I'm not. So you know, it would be good if people were to see me in a different way.
Speaker 1: Well, Matt, knowing that you've seen a little bit ahead, I know you can't tell us much. But in your opinion and from meeting him on the night, do you think that he got about it or on math? So, do you think he's changed?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, I think he did make some big mistakes on math, so I think some of the backlash that he got was justified.
Speaker 2: Do I think that he's changed? Is he an angel?
Speaker 3: I mean we can read between the lions.
Speaker 1: He needs a therapist, not a dating show.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How many times can we give people a chance to like right? They're wrong? So I'm all for giving other chances. So I think it's brilliant he's back. He could have changed. But if you're still saying that he hasn't that, I'm like, well that's on you.
Speaker 2: Look for me. My limit is three times on TV to find love.
Speaker 5: Okay, so maybe it won't work out for like two times for Mike, but season four of Love Triangle come back, Mike.
Speaker 1: Sorry. The reason that you're giving yourself three times a limit is that in case things don't work out well for us, you've got one more nudge.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I've been on reality TV five times.
Speaker 1: Now you can come back as the Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who knows, no joking joking, that'll never happen. So if you do want to watch Love Triangle, just to reminder that it is on stands streaming new episodes every Sunday from ten am.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's been created by the people who brought Maths. So the season itself is pretty amazing. If you're going to be missing your Math's hit, I feel like this is the show to go and watch now. Matt, thank you. It's always a delight having you here. I'll see you at home. What are you making for dinner?
Speaker 2: Chicken pie?
Speaker 3: I'll be there at seven.
Speaker 2: Okay, great.
Speaker 3: I don't even know how I'm going.
Speaker 1: To say this out loud.
Speaker 3: It is so mortifying, but I do want to put a call out to you guys. What did you find your kid eating? Because there is a woman in the UK that ducked upstairs for a couple of seconds just to put some washing away, and when she came downstairs, she saw her two year old making quite the mess in the lound room and she looked at his shirt and he had something all over his shirt. Then she looked at the table and she saw something all over the table. And you're not going to believe what he was eating. Oh my god, when your son eats?
Speaker 1: She died ashers my song Hussy and my Dad's lushys brit I saw this going viral on the weekend and I think I even I can't remember. I feel like I sent it to every single group chat that I'm in your son when.
Speaker 3: Your son eat?
Speaker 1: Is your dad?
Speaker 3: That was her radiocaption.
Speaker 1: Obviously, like from the audio, you can't visualize the ash is everywhere. It's all over the house. If anyone who's ever scattered an ash of a loved one knows just how like it is a very specific thing, Like it's a white, ashy substance and it just kind of plumes everywhere. It is all over her house, all over her chair and all down her todd lunches straight.
Speaker 3: The worst part is it's all over his face, it's all over his cheeks. He's literally been eating it.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 1: The comments is, Dad, I'll live on forever in that toddler.
Speaker 3: Everyone's like, I'm pretty sure this isn't how reincarnation works. Well, at least he's going to be part of your son forever, which he is not. He is going to be pooed out. Your son will pooh out your dad. The fact that she has how to laugh about this is I think is brilliant because this could go two ways, like your dad has been consumed.
Speaker 1: Also, I'm impressed that the todder was able to open it. Anyone who's ever had an urn usually the hardest part is trying to crack the lid open of the earth.
Speaker 3: Well, this looks more like this could be on the mom It does look tea pottish. You just take the lid off a little bit so.
Speaker 1: That to me looks like they've already cracked the urn before and they've separated it. So they just put part of it in that teapot. That needs to have a dad's legs. Yeah, that needs to be a lockable lid. I mean, I saw this when we were talking about in the car and my daughter was in the back seat, Marlie, she's five. Last year we spread my grandfather's ashes like her Papa. He was a really really big part of my life. But spreading ashes never really goes to plan, is what I've realized, especially if it's a slightly windy day. We like tipped him off a mountain and the wind picked up, and.
Speaker 3: I sorry, even though he said that we tipped him off, she.
Speaker 1: Just scattered him off, scattered him. We scattered Papa off a mountain. He would laugh about this, But the wind came and at the same time the bag flipped back over and it went in my mouth, down my shirt, into my pants. But as we were talking about this in the car, Molly, it was like it clicked for her and she was like, wait, that was actually Papa And I was like yeah.
Speaker 3: She goes, she thought maybe it was symbolics.
Speaker 1: She goes, but how did he become dirt? And I was like, oh, we're not going into that right now. That is a conversation. Why did you eat him? Why?
Speaker 3: We've had Sophie call up Sophie high, what did you find your kid eating?
Speaker 4: Well, it was my friend's toddler and they came out staying at a cabin and they just arrived and their toddler crawled out with the toilet brush in their mouth. O, my god.
Speaker 3: For some reason, there's something worse about like a toilet brush from home, like her own poop. No, it's like.
Speaker 1: It's far worse when it's from a rental. Maybe they thought it was a chalk top. You know, you can't bel level cool.
Speaker 3: It was not a chalk top.
Speaker 1: If anything was a crumble, I can't, I can't, all right, So that is actually just kids aren't disgusting brit though. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: Phoebe, What did your kid put in their mouth? My kids?
Speaker 4: He was disappearing us to the side, and all of a sudden I saw this little thing in his hand with its eyes shut.
Speaker 2: He licked a lizard, a dead lizard.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. I think that's that bad. My mom. When my mum was a kid, she got known for licking the bottom of snails, and she would bail her at like my uncle and Arnie up and make them lick the bottom of snails too.
Speaker 3: To be fair, at least it was dead.
Speaker 1: I will say.
Speaker 3: We had some people on the text line just riding in saying that they found the kid with like live animals like snails and stuff that were still Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's because is it like that?
Speaker 3: Were you talking about like a tiny little gecko? Is this like a big blue tope?
Speaker 1: Was a little skung?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: And it looks so peaceful, And I'm like, oh, get it.
Speaker 1: Out of your mouth.
Speaker 3: Do you think it was alive before he licked?
Speaker 1: Noah, I was definitely it was well dead. Oh thank you. Isn't it disgusting? Kids are rain?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, look that is it from us, guys. I'm pretty you only know the half of it. I'm sure my kids have done way worse, but I just don't don't even commit it to memory anymore. Don't care.
Speaker 3: A lot of text lines about their kids eating poop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean like they've all accidentally at some point.
Speaker 3: That's a choice.
Speaker 1: It's just no, I don't think of two year old chooses. I think they just don't have very good motor skills and hands go flying and things go flying.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get out of