Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts, he more Kiss Podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. After weeks of protesting, I have managed to get this across the line.
Speaker 2: There actually hasn't been any protesting.
Speaker 3: That's not true.
Speaker 1: Every time I try and bring a fun fact you laugh at me and tell me it's terrible. Get a drum roll, everyone, because it's time for fun Fact Friday.
Speaker 3: Now, if you've been listening to the show.
Speaker 1: For the last couple of weeks, I've brought some really interesting facts.
Speaker 3: Might be animal facts, something about a frog.
Speaker 2: Trying to avoid animal facts to be fair until now.
Speaker 1: Well, this is what we are going to coin from here forward as fun Fact Friday and britt I have a list of facts. Thank you for letting me do this, which firstly, I would be surprised if you know any of these. So it's Friday, great day to learn a few things going into the weekend. Maybe you need some pub banter so you can sit down with your mates and seem like you're worldly and you know things beyond just what the Internet tells you. So it's an education ycause I care about everyone's you know, really being well educated in this world and also being able to strike up a conversation with your neighbor or your friend.
Speaker 3: All right, first one off the ranks.
Speaker 2: Had your conversations sound fun?
Speaker 3: Hey, Sally, hope you've been well? Hate did you know?
Speaker 2: I can imagine that going down over the fence.
Speaker 1: This is why my neighbor hates me. Yeah, okay, do you know this? What is Barbie Doll's full name?
Speaker 2: Barbara's something something, Yeah, don't worry, I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: It's Barbara Millicent Roberts Millicent.
Speaker 2: I always think of millipede when I hear the word milicine.
Speaker 1: Why do you think of millipede just because the miller or there's a fact in itself.
Speaker 3: All right, with another one for you.
Speaker 1: The platypus doesn't have a stomach at all. There are soophagus just go straight into their intestines. Didn't know that seems like a terrible evolutionary like thing. Surely that just seems like you don't get enough nutrients. Is that?
Speaker 2: I think they're thriving?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: But I actually think they're not thriving. I think the numbers have plummeted. There's hardly any in the wild and barely spotted. Okay, here's a good one for you.
Speaker 3: They're sorry. I'm gonna give you a fact.
Speaker 2: They're not spotted because they're super shy.
Speaker 3: I think it's because they're extinct, you said, Grace, can you please check? I'm they're in dangered.
Speaker 2: The platypus is an extremely shy animal.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's conservation status producer Grace is on the case.
Speaker 3: Is near threatened, but it is not currently endangered.
Speaker 2: And is that shy? But I'm raising your fact on your fact.
Speaker 1: Yes, they are widely described as shy and reclusive.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: That's why they hie. They see you coming and they're like.
Speaker 3: Look, this is true.
Speaker 1: There's also not many of them, So I'm glad that we were both right in that conversation.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Laura.
Speaker 1: Speaking of animal facts, have you ever heard of ferret legging?
Speaker 2: Sounds like a sexy move.
Speaker 3: No, I really don't know how.
Speaker 1: I don't know how this exists, but I'm glad that it does and now that I know about it, ferret legging is an endurance sport in which competitors attempt to keep ferrets trapped in their pants for as long as possible.
Speaker 3: You don't laugh about that, that's am cruelty. That's not funny. It's not funny, but it exists, and.
Speaker 1: The fact that it exists is outrageous. I love to know what country that came from. Producer Grace can also check that one up well, so I continue. It was once popular among coal miners in Yorkshire, England.
Speaker 2: It was, and they probably killed them, going.
Speaker 1: All right, did you know that it's impossible to hum while holding your nose?
Speaker 3: Try it? That's not really humming. I can't let the air up.
Speaker 2: No one wants to hear that, as everyone in.
Speaker 3: Cars across Australia.
Speaker 2: Produce and Grace let that in.
Speaker 1: If you just saw someone holding their nose, you know that they're all listening to the same station as you.
Speaker 3: Okay, lemons float in water, but limes sink.
Speaker 2: Okay, the Pope I don't know how to take that one.
Speaker 1: Pope cannot be an organ doner. You can never have a bit of the Pope in you.
Speaker 2: Why is that a religious thing?
Speaker 3: Ah, I can tell you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks, Grace, Laura says, she brings backs, but she.
Speaker 3: Just googles them.
Speaker 2: She actually doesn't know anything about.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't know the reasons. I know the fact.
Speaker 1: So once the Pope dies his entire body is considered to belong to the Catholic Church and it has to be intact.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but there were people that might need those organs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the pope's really old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a crush on the pope. I don't have a crush on the plot, do you.
Speaker 1: Grace has a bit of a weird pope fetish, which we've established.
Speaker 3: She saw this AI, she daddy, she saw this.
Speaker 1: AI photo of the Pope once or he's wearing a puffer jacket, and she thought he was really cool. He did in that in a way, he looks cool. Okay, I've got two more of you. Finland has more saunas than they do cars.
Speaker 3: I know that she's on a capital of the world, yep. And animals can also.
Speaker 1: I know that we all complain about being allergic to cats or being allergic to dogs.
Speaker 3: You know, you can't have them in your house for whatever reason, and I'm sure that that's hard for you.
Speaker 1: But have you ever thought about the fact that animals can also be allergic to humans?
Speaker 3: Can they?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They can?
Speaker 1: Aren't They more allergic to like their moisturizers and perfumes on the hill human not the human potentially, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I don't know if that was beneficial.
Speaker 3: I hope everyone is going to have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: And if you're feeling a little bit stuck for conversations you just made to.
Speaker 3: Help you out. I think you made them dumber.
Speaker 2: I think that worked in the opposite way.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone's actually understands what I can't wait for the next one.
Speaker 3: Fact Friday, that's it from Oscar.
Speaker 2: All anyone talk from that is that the pope or a puff of jacket