Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast Now.
Speaker 2: Yesterday Rio went to someone for the first time that in the UK, this was the highlight of my childhood.
Speaker 1: We call them car boot sales. And it's a farmer's field.
Speaker 2: Right, and it's car boots opened up and anyone can rock up. You pay like five bucks to get onto this farmer's field and there'd be hundreds of people doing this, okay, selling tap basically from the car boot.
Speaker 3: I've never seen anything like that in my entire life.
Speaker 2: Honestly, when your dad or Mumo go listen Tom, We're going to go to carbooks.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Because suddenly as a kid you're like two dollars pocket money, you felt like a millionaire.
Speaker 4: It goes fast.
Speaker 2: I remember once when I was ten, coming away with a load of windscreen wipers for car I couldn't obviously have, but we didn't even need because they were just one. But that's a great guy was selling windscreen wipers.
Speaker 1: Incredible. I mention for years by the millennium Vulga.
Speaker 2: There's some random windscreen wipers that I got a car boot sale.
Speaker 4: We had it. Well, I guess I had a similar experience because we were.
Speaker 1: So what would you call it here?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know, pats boot sale.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a big well out of Nearcastlemaine, and that was we're just driving along, We're going to a cafe, and then we see this sign that just says boot market, and then all.
Speaker 4: These cars, like you said, in this field, I.
Speaker 1: Was, we're gone. It's a scene.
Speaker 3: And there was this crusty old man in an Orange Commodore and he had like maybe hundreds and hundreds of vinyls just in his car book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's literally the shop is somebody's car. Boot is all they were. And as you're wandering around, it's lots of random tax of all sorts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're not exactly like a farmer market where it isn't all good.
Speaker 4: It looks like just stuff they had.
Speaker 2: No one pays whatever they're asking for. You see everywhere you go people like negotiating, and yet we don't do this in big brand shops. You just pay it for some reason because you're in a field and it's just and they're sat in their cars. You think it's okay, and it's it's like it's like bucks, it's sense yeh, I'm only going to pay one butt for that and like one dollar fifty, Yeah, because how do you value so like you go?
Speaker 4: Who said you can do?
Speaker 1: Just from his boot?
Speaker 2: And also it's such a random arrade of stuff there, yes, like car batteries.
Speaker 4: Just old clothes, shoes, shoes.
Speaker 2: Sometimes there's one shoe, old roller boots. It's like an op shop that's been emptied in the farmer's field exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love them. I didn't know they're available here. Oh, then the stoun is coming up right now.
Speaker 4: I bought it from this this lovely old man.
Speaker 2: I must say, what the crusty he just said, he's crusty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bought.
Speaker 4: I couldn't resist. It costs too much money, I must say.
Speaker 3: But it was a hard copy of He said, these are Cricket vinyls from the fifties.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, And I was like, well, what does what does that even mean?
Speaker 3: And the title of the album I had like four or five different vinyls was the Gospel according to Cricket, And it just had one or two just said like our Don Bradman. The gospel according to Cricket One was public discourse on cricket. I was like, I don't know what this is, but I have to have it.
Speaker 1: Brad, That's what it was. This is lovely, lovely crack that you get from old final.
Speaker 2: I thought you were saying that Don Bradman had recorded an albums.
Speaker 1: I'm paying the Don Bradman sings. We know how good he was singing.
Speaker 4: That's what I was hoping it was. It was Don Bradman and Jack. I was like, oh my god, I.
Speaker 1: Might have been singing during covers. I love to hear Themlement, thumb Struck and Fields of Goal.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is a.
Speaker 1: Song, an old timey song about Don Brown.
Speaker 3: It was the whole album of songs about crickets sung by some guy.
Speaker 2: Doesn't okay, Well, listen seven o'clock every day this week at eight one of these old Tomey songs from nineteen fifty. We're really looking after the target audience here soon. The boss is so proud of me right now? Is that you did not get it?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show Gone Podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian my Omer was a true Dutch girl and she used to sell Dutch music and clogs from her carboo, Well, she would have ripped off a mug like rio.
Speaker 1: Seventy bucks.
Speaker 4: I think I got a good deal.
Speaker 1: You you don't pay base value.
Speaker 2: You do that thing where you go, I'll give you twenty bucks from walking away and then you slowly walk away and they go, oh, come on, now, you don't go.
Speaker 1: Here's whatever you want for it. You randomly valued it.
Speaker 4: He said it was a collector's item.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure did, because he saw you rock up like some cooeless hipster with too much money in his back pocket.
Speaker 1: Seventy dollars for this? Do you even own a vinyl player?
Speaker 3: I do, I do?
Speaker 4: But he took it down from one hundred. He said, I'd normally do one hundred.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, like he's shifting rosies by volume ripped off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe I did get played seventy dollars rare.
Speaker 2: Soll knowine that guy would have been down his local RSL last snight. Honestly, this Harry Potter lookalike ropped up and I gave.
Speaker 1: Him the old Normally it's one hundred.
Speaker 2: That hips has skipped out there back to the big city in the big smoke.
Speaker 1: One hundred bucks seventy dollars for this.
Speaker 4: It's a piece of history. It is a piece of history.
Speaker 2: You're ripped off history, Christian. Those are car boot celles. We call them trash and treasure markets. I know what's that that Rio was on? That a treasure This is not David Lockett's locker there, Christian and Pats.
Speaker 1: Look up Ballarat swap meet.
Speaker 2: It's the biggest car boots out in the South and the Hemisphere.
Speaker 1: Are you serious people in Australia. You love that phrase the It's always used it about Chatty, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yes, the biggest one in the Southern Hemisphere, in the whole world. And now we've got a rifle to Chadstone, which is Ballarat's karbou Rio just had.
Speaker 1: To look at it. It's huge, massive, It's enormous.
Speaker 4: It looks like hundreds of baby thousands of stalls.
Speaker 2: How mean more, Don Bradman, that guy will be bending his ways there as well. Good morning to Kelly Christian. I have be the great, great weekend I did.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Can I know what you did as well?
Speaker 2: I was just a Friday's podcast on the way to work this morning. You're real we're talking about how much you loved the seven eleven coffee, and pats was talking about her egg and lettuce sandwich. Christian, my husband is a trucky and even eat every day has a seven eleven coffee swears by. If you're driving like that all day drive on the roads around here, then you have to have a good instant coffee. Also tow Patsy seven eleven does the best egg and let us sandwich.
Speaker 1: By the way, I have to try this thing is now an.
Speaker 2: Hour ago we did a taste test blind taste test for coffee and I have to say it was the most poorly run coffee tastest because Kate and the producer thought it was okay to give Patsy cold coffee. They've been on the side for forty five minutes. I don't feel we've done this correctly. I think it needs to be done again.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast