Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily Podcast brought you.
Speaker 2: Good evening, good morning, and good afternoon, little ones. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. And we just love to be silly all the time. Life is too short to try and be anything but absolutely ridiculous spelt r d I okay okay u l o us ridiculous. And one of my favorite things to do, which is ridiculous, is play sibling rivalries, where we take two siblings, real or imagined and make them fight to the death. Today, I've chosen siblings that don't exist in real life unless you are a real Handsil and Grettel type person, and that is Cinderella and the Ugly Stepsisters Ugly step Sisters rather, And I'm going to kick things off going in for Cinderella. Your silence is unnerving me.
Speaker 1: I have a confession, but will wait.
Speaker 2: Oh dear, so the reason why Cinder is way better than the Ugly Stepsisters is because she's the main character, and honestly I relate. Second of all, her name is Cinderella. I'm not sure if you know disflex, but my name is lou Cinda.
Speaker 1: Cinderella is a great name.
Speaker 2: It's actually a nice name.
Speaker 1: Isn't it Cinderella?
Speaker 2: Cinderella. You couldn't really name your kids Cinderella without proving that you've got tickets on yourself though, tickets tickets, you know, got tickets on yourself.
Speaker 1: What's that mean?
Speaker 2: It's like you'd buy a ticket tickets on yourself, like you're a show. You never heard of that expression? No, she's got tickets on herself? Is that what it means?
Speaker 3: You keep saying it like it's gonna click. It's not clicking.
Speaker 2: Well, it's an expression often used in footy circles, which I but you know.
Speaker 1: You've lost me, but I support you, okay.
Speaker 2: Cinderella is the origin story of the underdog. She's really cool and pretty, and I think that they could remake it so she doesn't meet the prince and she'd still be awesome. The more that I'm talking, the more I hate myself, So please help me out.
Speaker 3: Is this the time I tell you I don't know what happened, but I've just repressed childhood. You say Cinderella, and I'm like, is that the one where she gets the kiss and wakes up?
Speaker 1: Is she the one with the gnomes?
Speaker 3: It's not because you're saying stepsisters and you're saying the guy. I don't know what happened in that movie, but I do know that any woman who's gonna go and say on record, I am the ugly stepsister, that's the queen right Dora, that's the queen right door. That is a contrarian. And you know what contrarians are critical thinkers.
Speaker 2: I don't actually know what a contrarian is. Really, come on.
Speaker 3: A contrarian is someone who likes to believe the opposite of the most popular opinion. So like, can I play Devil's advocate, or like when everybody's aspiring to be hot, they're like, I'm ugly, Yeah, ugly step sisters, let me channel my inner lawyer.
Speaker 2: Oh you're just like, let me channel like in an ugly Sister, you would think that you would you would hate for a girl to stay hard.
Speaker 3: Nothing is coming to mind at all, But I think for that reason, you should give me this win.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's I'm Cinderella. I'm vibing. I don't care what you do. I'm chilling.
Speaker 3: I got my glass slippers. Oh that's the glass slipper story. It's just not coming to mind. Every time you say a Simpson it's a post, I'm like, I don't get it. You talk about Shrek. I'm like, yeah, like I get the character. What was I doing?
Speaker 1: Or childhood? Literally just playing sims?
Speaker 2: Do you want to know what you were doing Shrek?
Speaker 1: You with the actor?
Speaker 3: You're on one today? Okay, it's been enough out of you.
Speaker 1: Why don't assume? Have you ever seen them in the same room together? You have it, You have it flick and free. There's not a day that goes by. Where did it referenced?
Speaker 3: The clock app unfortunately? But for how many hours I'm clocking with the screen time? It makes a lot of sense. It's a trend on it. Currently, it's called rules for My inter Partner bFGF here and people read through a list and define what their rules are in a relationship dynamic, for example, location sharing. Are you down for it? Are you not down for it with your partner? No?
Speaker 1: I'm a yes, really yeah.
Speaker 3: But I also think that, like I didn't know it was a weird thing because in high school, all of my friends had all not all the friends the core circle had location sharing on. We thought it was the funniest thing and the most fun thing. But then as we've left it on and maintained friends. I think my favorite thing about it is that people don't bother me to ask me Monday in question if they know I'm.
Speaker 1: At work or I'm on a shoot. So sually, best.
Speaker 3: Friend, we'll be like, oh, I checked your location, then you're at a shoot.
Speaker 1: Can you check this when you get home?
Speaker 2: Genius?
Speaker 3: Yes, or like, I know you're at home, I've just said something to you. It's fantastic. It's optal, but alas I get it can be a bit creepy. For the how do you say controlling partner, controlling.
Speaker 2: A secretive person a cheetah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got no secrets, just vibes. The next one, how do you feel about password sharing?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: What that's on a list? No? Absolutely not. I've got one password no food press. I don't and I.
Speaker 1: Put on my passwords.
Speaker 2: It's called.
Speaker 1: No It's an app called one Password.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, same, I'm on a passive manager too. Of course, hotties need a password manager. Gorn other days where you're using the same password for everything.
Speaker 1: Do you want to get hacked? You're making it so easy.
Speaker 3: I actually googled how hackers hacked just to get a better idea of you know why, I need a strong password with symbols and letters and whatever, and they literally have like a little software that just.
Speaker 1: Goes through all the letters.
Speaker 3: So like, let's say you have ten slots for a potential password. For the first slot, or go ABCD all the way through the outfit, all the way through the symbols, all the way through the numbers, until they just get your password. And so if every single password for yours is different and complex, it's going to take ages to hack you. If your password is your dog's first name and a.
Speaker 1: Couple numbers for every.
Speaker 3: Single important thing for you, it's going to take them thirteen minutes. So yeah, no password sharing, No, it's not necessary. I don't mind giving a phone code out though, have my pass code.
Speaker 2: Passcode is fine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, password crazy Okay.
Speaker 3: Next one, it just says friends friends. I know a lot of people who get really insecure when their person has friends outside of them, because you know those couples where it's like it's me and you're against the world and they and one of them has dropped all their friends because they're full time in the relationship, but the other one has kept their friends, and the friendless one is bitter and jealous understandably, that's just crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gonna have your own friends because relationships inevitably end.
Speaker 3: What if you meet a hunky hunk and ticks all the boxes whatever they are, wilder beast, potentially funny, has no friends, and not because they're a social loner, but because they're just a terrible friend.
Speaker 1: Like it's fallen out with all of them.
Speaker 3: That is, I would not be able to date them finding out until I'm in love with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've committed. You're like, this is so great.
Speaker 3: We like do comedy and like we laugh together, we make music, and then all of a sudden, it's been four five months, it's been four or five months.
Speaker 1: You're like, hey, I want to invite your friends to dinner.
Speaker 2: No friends, I mean, we'll see when it happens.
Speaker 1: The bars on the floor.
Speaker 2: Give me some spicy ones.
Speaker 1: I'm reading a book. I got the list.
Speaker 3: Okay, social media slash liking other girls picks, No, no, liking picks.
Speaker 2: Don't like a bikini pick? Actually, what that's twenty thirteen? Me talking like them?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Would you?
Speaker 3: Okay, what if he's not liking them, but he's saving them, He's categorizing them and saving them.
Speaker 1: Pinteresting one of box gaps, flex and frooms.
Speaker 3: Ever since I could conceptualize the value of a dollar, I've been asking too many questions about money, namely, how does any commercial business afford to pay their rent when people don't walk into stores anymore, especially cafes and stuff like how many coffees do you need to sell to pay your rent?
Speaker 1: And like buy raw and green and pay people.
Speaker 3: These are live speaks mystery, and we just go into these places buy banana bread for four point fifty and not think about how they're feeding themselves when we leave.
Speaker 1: Do cafes exist when you're not in them?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: In Japan, there is this cafe that exists. It's called the manuscript Writing Cafe. It only fits ten people in it at any given time, and their sole responsibility there is not to sell you coffee or cafe goods, but to help you stop procrastinating so you can finish your work.
Speaker 2: I'm going to stop you right there, okay, and say that I've been there.
Speaker 1: Shut up, No, I have shut up.
Speaker 2: I've literally been there, and it's like covered with books all around, and it's a long table and you can get like Starbucks style drinks. Sure if in There twenty eighteen, Japan.
Speaker 3: What yeah, okay for those who have just in there, you know, I think I'm into a Starbucks and had like.
Speaker 1: Bots on the wall and it's Starbys. You're the worst.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I'm going to play this video to really paint a picture for you, because if the local cafes that are doing two thousand coffees a day a few croissants, this ten person max cafe is not making budget. At this cafe in Japan, you can actually pay someone to hound you to get your work done, and the catches you can't leave until you finish.
Speaker 1: Here's the rules.
Speaker 2: Once you enter your hands to slip where you write down your name, writing goals, and the time you need to finish. Now, this is where it gets interesting.
Speaker 1: You can choose between how you want to be held accountable on a scale of mild, normal or hard kind of like hurts us smile It gets you a verbal check and only when you pay at the counter. Normal gets you a progress check by the hour.
Speaker 3: And now for possibly the most nerve wracking of the mom if you choose hard, and you will have a staff member stand behind you every so often as you continue to work on meeting your deadline.
Speaker 1: That's so hot, we got to go.
Speaker 3: No, Okay, I don't want to do work, true, But the concept this is philanthropy.
Speaker 1: This is giving back to a community.
Speaker 3: This is creating a solution to a very like major problem. Because I think in theory, I love the idea of being motivated. I don't want to be motivated, like if I'm not doing it, I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to onun on my back and be like, oh no, it's really fun like you put it.
Speaker 3: But some people really do need that, right And if it can't be your friend, and it can't be a parent, for a small fee, go to your local What would be an appropriate price to pay for that?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: I feel like those kind of like no free press, cheese chalk, what we work?
Speaker 1: Oh you're just gonna say a coworking space, gonna co working space?
Speaker 2: Pardon me? I feel like the fees are even more like thirty bucks a time. I've totally pulled out of my behold.
Speaker 1: It's way more extensive than that working space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ridiculous. Why why would I do that if I consider my desk at home?
Speaker 1: Because that's the point, you're not doing it? Yeah, facts, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I reckon Let's say they're like you pop in, You've definitely got to buy something to start with. Maybe there's like a twenty dollars minimum, and then the cost is ten dollars an hour for normal, which is checking in on the hour, just sneaky.
Speaker 1: Ten dollars.
Speaker 3: Even so, that's not enough because you've paid your twenty. Let's say they're for eight hours. That's eighty one hundred bucks. Ten people a thousand, a thousand of days because these people are cooking food and doing child maintenance.
Speaker 1: They're child rearing. A last genius.
Speaker 3: I want to see more complex businesses like the problems I really have.
Speaker 1: I want solutions form.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that's cool.
Speaker 3: It's not just cool, it's genius. It's the best thing I've ever seen. It's a concept that cannot be replicated anywhere else.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms on Cada. Do you think if you were a caveman you would have survived?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? I mean I did. That's why I'm here.
Speaker 1: Longer than thirty years. You think you really had that in you?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: I won't dispute that. I'm happy believe in yourself.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon at one point? Now? An sisters knew each other absolutely.
Speaker 1: They were kicking far back at the berries and the trees.
Speaker 3: I think like a couple of centuries, No, a couple of millenniums after being apes, I reckon we would have connected in our hominine forms.
Speaker 2: And that's why we're friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, past life vibes.
Speaker 3: Also, I was a queen, you or my court jester, we're connected to swide out difference. I was actually an employee and here we are again. I brought up the caveman thing because I was googling evolutionary psychology after I played that game. I told you about ancestors and get on PS five and PS four. What are things we can do or that are ingrained in us to you know, survive and stuff? And there's this thing called the reciprocity principle, the reciprocity bias, where humans or we are ingrained to treat people well, usually if they've treated us well. And it goes as far as like back in the day where we were prom just to survive and you are more likely to survive if you didn't have enemies and work by them. So isn't that fascinating right? Because I don't think I go around on an average day being like, oh, I'm less in danger because I was nice to someone. But subconsciously, you do know if you walk into spaces and you are more friendly, more nice people will also treat you well. But psychologically, if you want to live a long life, you literally have to treat people not just well, but in the way that you want to be treated for your own benefit.
Speaker 1: It's actually quite manipulative.
Speaker 2: It definitely is, but it makes total sense. It's one of those macro or micro things you can do where if you're nice, more people become nice. It's like a disease. It's really amazing.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I think it's fallible.
Speaker 2: I think most of the time it's not, though, and I feel like when you are like that, you're more forgiving of people that aren't because you know you're like you don't you don't know the secret sauce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're out here bad. You're a red pillar or is it blue or red brick brack?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Same, same. You haven't seen the light. So go be nice today, but like crank it make it worthwhile.
Speaker 2: Be showing every tooth in your mouth, wide grin.
Speaker 3: You know, Okay, I'm done.
Speaker 1: This is flex and froomes.
Speaker 2: Flex is seated wearing orange pants, green slides, a colorful top, and a hat that says flex in spray paint, airbrush Urban.
Speaker 1: She's urban, She's urbane.
Speaker 3: She's urbane, and she's a storyteller I have in my head right, I'm always connecting dots, but I find that it takes me a second to connect them in real life for those who are listening. But a couple of weeks ago, we had a conversation with someone who must not be named Wink wink about an experience I had getting scurvy. Immediately, I thought to myself, did Timothy Shaller I have scurvy?
Speaker 1: I googled it. He did not. I don't know where I got that from. I don't know if it's his frame.
Speaker 3: He gives a bit of scurvy, but it's a very particular thing an English child. I don't think I've ever talked about scurvy, let alone, you know, put together this like thought in my head so much so I had to google it.
Speaker 1: He did not. But what did come up is an article about James Blunt. Do you remember James Blunt?
Speaker 2: Massive fan?
Speaker 1: That's you're beautiful, right? Do you want to do a little rend.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful for me. It's three wise men, beautiful.
Speaker 1: Look who a far? Let me go? Okay, look who's a little Now it's not me, it's not me.
Speaker 2: That's how he sings.
Speaker 1: He is sorry.
Speaker 2: I don't know objectiviim, but James Blunt is hot. He's like my dream man.
Speaker 3: We pull up a picture sunny, he's giving British aristocracy.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have a type. Okay, he's hot.
Speaker 1: He's married. I think, unfortunately, you can be hot and married.
Speaker 2: He's beautiful and also if he was ugly, he has a personality to pull it off.
Speaker 3: I'm still processing what you've revealed, and this is painting such a clear picture about you. There was this headline. I have to read the headline as is, otherwise you're not gonna believe me when I say so. And this is the headline that came up when I typed in, does Timothy Shallo may have scurvy?
Speaker 1: Instead?
Speaker 3: It said James Blunt got scurvy due to an all meat diet that he started because he wanted to spite vegans.
Speaker 1: This is your king, This is my king, this is your.
Speaker 2: King, my contrarian king.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, absolutely, anyway, this is how it goes. So he recalled that he was at Uni. He was studying aerospace, manufacturing, engineering and sociology.
Speaker 1: Okay, surrebrawl, He's learned.
Speaker 3: And he said, with the latter sociology class having the most vegans, about one hundred and seventy girls and three boys, and the majority of them were vegetarian and vegan, he was rather blunt, Okay, this is quite I'm not adding in flavor. He was rather blunt about not impressing these girls, but shoving it in their face a little. So out of principle, he decided to become a carnivore and just lived on mintce, some chicken, maybe some mayonnaise, the ultimate student diet. Of course, this diet had consequences. He saw a doctor who was quick to diagnose lack of vegetables and common sense. He said, you're lacking vitamin C and you need drink orange juice because you have scavy And this is the thing that gets me. It's not as though the story was like he was challenged by the vegans to eat an all meat diet to prove that meat is not good or bad for you. He just so happened to be in a class full of vegans and vegetarian. He said, you know what, I'm gonna eat all meat.
Speaker 2: He saw red.
Speaker 1: It was a targeted approach.
Speaker 2: So can you just exclaim what is scurvy?
Speaker 1: I can google that for you.
Speaker 3: Scurvy is a disease resulting from a lack of vitamin C. Early symptoms of deficiency include weakness, feeling tired, sare arms, gum disease, decreased red blood cells, changes to hair, bleeding of the skin, and as scurvy worse thans poor wound healing, personality changes, which is the worst of them all.
Speaker 2: I don't care about the other stuff.
Speaker 3: And finally deah from infection or bleeding.
Speaker 2: It's pretty hectic, y Okay, So I know scurvy. I would still kiss him anyway.
Speaker 1: The bar is on the floor. Listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, tune in decay O on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.