Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload, the podcast plant Beep that wy Hey, guys, welcome back to TV Reload. I want to thank you for clicking and downloading. On today's episode with Alana MacLean, who has more opinions on housewives than Sudden and her mother's opinions on cutlery and glassware combined, we go deep on the eleventh episode of Beverly Hills season fourteen, which is called Mind Your Business, which is ironic for Alana and I because I have to tell you that we've never minded our own business and we will tell you our opinion even when you haven't asked for it. We will discuss the way in which this episode is all about Sudden Stratt and how that made us feel as it took up most of the eleventh episode. I will get Alana's perspective on Sudden Strat's mother and if Garcel should have stuck her nose in the Strats business. We will address the absence of Jennifer Tilly and if Elana even noticed that she wasn't in this episode. Again, you were going to get plenty of chat on Dret's drama Army and what Shift viewers saw in their recent catch up, what we thought of Bozeman's current relationship, news about them not saying that they love each other but still trying to have a baby, and we have an update on Lisa Renner and Teddy Mellencamp. There is actually so much to talk about with this episode, with so many inside revelations from our perspective. So guys, sit back and relax as we unpack the wonderful world of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Season fourteen, Episode eleven.
Speaker 2: We're in pajamas. I'm in ac countlash pajamas.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Well, someone gave them to me from business class and they were going to get rid of them because they had too many pairs, and I was like, no, that'll be fantastic tanning pajamas.
Speaker 2: So you get to see me look at these.
Speaker 3: It's so spot cheap it, I mean, I'll look fabulous in about five hours.
Speaker 1: I'd just like to be here for the marination of the tan.
Speaker 3: Like I just asked, the journey, it's a special journey, Tanny.
Speaker 1: I just appreciate as well that we take the opportunity to record this podcast and do things for our health and wellbeing. Whilst we're doing it.
Speaker 3: It's like multitasking of the greatest kind self care and judging people on the Real Housewives.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorite things to do.
Speaker 3: It is Happy Valentine's Day, by the way, or happy prolonged Valentine's Day to those that celebrate. Some people don't, but you know, I'm here for the love. The world needs more love.
Speaker 1: Now, I want to ask you something. So I was having a bit of a fight with someone on a text message today, someone that I won't mention, but I went to finish it off by saying happy Valentine's Day. Now, I want to know, is that condescending?
Speaker 3: Well, unless they're really triggered by if they're.
Speaker 2: Like single and they take that as like a dick you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Well, this person is single, so okay.
Speaker 2: I'd probably leave it. Then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, just stick with.
Speaker 2: The have a good weekend being my advice.
Speaker 1: There, I think you're onto it. Can I also say thank you for my highlight of my week, which is a photo of you with a Kathy Hilton hat and a matching bag. Honestly perfection.
Speaker 3: It arrived if you listened to last week's episode. You'll hear that I ordered one of the Kathy Hilton Lorna Murray hats, but.
Speaker 2: They didn't have the adult version.
Speaker 3: So I ordered a large in the child size hat and I didn't know if it was going to fit, and it just fits, and I was so excited because there was no returns. I was like, this is a really expensive gamble, but it paid off.
Speaker 2: I think it looks cute, right.
Speaker 1: I think we found the sponsor for our podcast, so we're gonna have to hit them up.
Speaker 3: Lornamurray dot com dot I use. She's Australian by the way.
Speaker 1: I know she is. I know, let's call it. Let's get her on the phone.
Speaker 2: She's fabulous.
Speaker 1: She'll be like, no, who are you? People?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: People like it wasn't worth it. Guys went on about it too much. Hey, this episode was a bit flat.
Speaker 1: Hey, well, I don't want to foreshadow my scoreboard, but I mean, at the end of the day, this episode was like a sudden backstory, Like it was like a cuttin spin offs. You know, we really got to go deep and you and I had mentioned last week we got a tip of the iceberg when it came to her opening up and showing us more about her life. But when we got to the bottom of the iceberg, I felt like a bit of an overshare, Like did we learn too much? Was that okay for television?
Speaker 4: He was suffering from chronic depression. They had on all these pills just to try to regulate stuff that wasn't working. He would go on and off of them for years, and then he would self medicate with alcohol.
Speaker 3: It was very heavy and very triggering, and I mean, I was going to kind of let you lead this part of the chat because you've had such personal experience with this, and not to dive into places where you might not want to go.
Speaker 2: But like, how did you feel about watching that?
Speaker 1: I felt so emotional, But I also am so protective because for people listening, I lost my father to sudden death, and my partner lost his brother to sudden death. And I think sometimes I feel so protective of Ben that I put my own emotions to the side. So I was too busy focused on how Ben was reacting to the content, And then when I stopped to think about it myself, because she was talking about her father, you know, she kept saying my father, and I kept thinking about it as well, because I had similar trajectories, like I remember the last time I saw him. I remember the last type of physical touch of a goodbye, and that was very triggering. I'm not to say that the Housewives can't delve into this. If that's someone's truth, I guess it needed to be there. What I'd take brother to task over is the balancing of this episode. I don't know if they got that correct, because the whole thing overall did leave me walking away not how I want to feel from Housewives, Do you know what I mean? Like this is my guilty pleasure, This is the space I go to kind of have a good time. I probably don't want to have to have my therapist on speed dial at the end of no.
Speaker 3: And I feel like it was It's such a fine line, and it's sort of like that Goldilock's analogy where we're like, we want a little bit of the honesty and the rawness and the family backgrounds for all these women, but then it's like this one to your point, it's like, well, does it cross that line where it becomes too much?
Speaker 2: And then we're put off by it and it's not what we were wanting.
Speaker 3: For that experience, and I sort of felt like, quite often we've discussed on here about we're not seeing enough of Sutton's life. A Kyle had a massive dig at her last reunion because she was like, why are you having a goal at me? You've shown like your new horse for one episode and a Cashmere line or whatever the hell she was doing.
Speaker 2: We don't see anything from you.
Speaker 3: And I almost felt like, was this all a bit of a setup by the producers, Not to say it wasn't all real and those things hadn't happened with her family in terms of the emotions and the journey that they've been on, but it was sort of like, oh, well, we can't let Sutton walk into the fire at this reunion because she hasn't shown us anything real, so we need to put an episode in there where she shows us this real stuff. And it sort of felt potentially a little bit forced. I don't know something about it was just a little bit orchestrated or something.
Speaker 2: For me, even though it was emotional.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent, I hadn't thought about it that way. And this happens to me. I think every weink you point something out to me. I felt uncomfortable, and I didn't know what that uncomfortability was. And I think you're right that maybe how did you phrase that? You said you felt like the episode was like orchestrated, Yeah, Boston orchestrated. When you said those bodes to me, I was like, yeah, that's probably what it is. I mean, even I'm really careful about what I share to people about my personal stories when it comes to this sort of stuff, because I'm so sensitive about it, and I'm also really cautious about other people's backstory as well. I don't want to trigger people. I try to sort of navigate around it, you know, while we sidestep this whole thing, because this podcast is supposed to be your fun for people who are listening.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: True, Yeah, I think that those suicide warnings, when you know that that's what's going to happen in the episode, need to be at the start of the episode or the end, because I have feeling that they should change that and they should have that upfront, because I reckon if I start seeing those before episodes and maybe this is what they don't want, you know what I mean, I feel like I.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't watch them, you know, well, I mean, I hadn't even thought of it that way, and I don't think there was anything really to suggest on the trailer that it was going to go into this space. Like we sort of saw the trailer last weekend with Garselle, you know, chatting to her and she was like, I don't think that's your business.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm so happy we're having this one on one time together, and I wanted to talk to you because Sat and I have had intimate conversations. You know, she's so proud of how far she's come, and she would just love to hear you say that you're proud of her and that you love her too.
Speaker 1: I feel like I can see something.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's any of your business.
Speaker 3: But we didn't sort of know it was going to go into such a heavy place and it was going to be very raw and emotional and talk so much, you know, about this sort of topic in such great detail. So yeah, imagine for a lot of people watching it would have been very heavy. And it's not to say those things shouldn't get discussed or we shouldn't be showing away from them. They're very real topics that need to be But you're right in that forum you're walking into it not expecting it, and they're not having that warning there. You're not even sure it's going to go to that place. So I think you're right there.
Speaker 2: You've made a good shout.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's me though, but you know I to go into a Lolli's stater by a pumpkin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then it's sort of like you to sort of shift to where it ended in the end with that scene with Dereet and Erica and Bow sitting at that dinner, Then that almost kind of feels trivial, like you're not giving that the attention it kind of needs because you've just come from this heavy place and everything sort of looks so insignificant in comparison.
Speaker 2: What does that mean though? What advantages? Of course? And the advantage.
Speaker 6: Advantage is that he wants to have the upper hand. If you are cornered like any animal, Yep, you're going to straight. He's afraid of how smart you are and how you will straight.
Speaker 1: Farming and down so he can run the basis on you.
Speaker 6: You're right, because legally he can go around town and scoop up everybody. So that you don't have good counsel. Dret needs to keep her eyes open.
Speaker 1: They really gave us a shift, and we'll have to unpack this because we're getting ahead of ourselves. But yeah, yeah, I felt like we've really got to shift in perspectives from the other women, especially from Bozma and Erica, on the way that Dree was trying to share that story, like they looked at her like, all right, you're yapping now, you know. They were sort of they weren't taking it the same way that they had in previous episodes, And I feel like when you put that up against the Sutton's backstory, maybe they did that on purpose. I don't know, because it did make Deret talking about her separation from PK feel quite trivial when we know it's not like separation is really hard and dereit is going through something really difficult. But for some reason, we just got to see her sitting there yapping to the women, and the women sort of were approaching it differently. I got some definite side eye.
Speaker 2: That's sadying. Pik is ruthless.
Speaker 1: He's ruthless in business, which means he will be ruthless in the business of divorce.
Speaker 2: She said to Erica, why are you giving me this side eye?
Speaker 3: And then Bow's lashed into her and I was like, this is a game this guy is playing.
Speaker 2: You wake up.
Speaker 3: And you could and then she goes holy shit, And so she was really taken aback. I guess by their sort of stance because before I guess she'd had their full support.
Speaker 2: And then last week.
Speaker 3: We saw Erica sort of give her that advice, and this week was definitely I've given you the advice and now you're not listening to me.
Speaker 2: And I find that really hard in a friendship.
Speaker 3: I feel like, when you come to me, I'm going to give you everything, I'm going to really consider what I'm saying to you, and I'm going to give you some really good advice.
Speaker 2: And then it feels like if someone just turns around the next day is.
Speaker 3: Like, Okay, thanks for the chat, none of that, don't care doing this over here, that's fine, do whatever you want to do, but then don't come back to me again and complain about it.
Speaker 1: How many times do you do that with your girlfriends, because like, let's just say they come to you with a problem and you give them advice. I mean, I feel like I've got a pretty tolerant with that kind of stuff. Probably would do three interactions of giving someone the same advice and if they're not taking it, I'd probably be like at that point, you know, we've discussed this before, and I don't think you'll really listening to what I have to say, so I don't really want to discuss this with you. I think that's how I yes it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and yeah, I'm probably the same.
Speaker 3: It's not it's certainly not the first conversation that I'm like, oh, well, I already told you what I thought. You go through that a little bit, but I feel like that's what they're already doing. She put that information out there last week. She said all about the horrible email that he basically wants to take it to the clean as Erica pointed out that he's trying to get her before ten years. You've got to be quick about this. You've got to be lawyered up, you've got to be proactive. And she was about to let it all go because they had one nice conversation on the phone, and like I said to you last week, don't forget this man is a talent manager. He's very very smart. He knows what he's doing, he knows how to play in business. And Erica reiterated that in what she said in her confessional. He's a smart businessman. He's going to be smart at the business of divorce.
Speaker 1: Both of those women at that very point though, where she was saying this to me was like, oh, hang, going to say, we've handled this in a few different approaches, which isn't working, so now we're going to have to be bad cop. I feel like that before, like you know, like that's how it was going and yes, I'm around. They were like, oh wait, you're not listening, so bad cop, and they just went, yes, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Right, It was so yeah, And I feel like she would have been expecting that from Erica, but when Bos delivered it that way and she said wake up and it was quite you know, assertive, she was not expecting that from her.
Speaker 2: Can't be a victim? Do you think this is a game? Yeh, wake up?
Speaker 3: Because she's been sort of being given that sort of you know, unconditional support from her, and I guess because she didn't know PK, she has been leaning more into that without needing anything from PK side. But I feel like when Erica watched Bos deliver the infos, she closed her eyes.
Speaker 2: She had that.
Speaker 3: Smart face like, thank god someone else is saying it, and I don't have to be looked at like exactly like what you're saying, Like I'm the only bad cop trying to help you. We're trying to deliver you this information. Please listen.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not helping me with my feelings towards Duit as a person. I know that you're very team to eat this season, and I know a lot of the people watching the show feel like that. They're like, yes, to eat, own your shit, go for it, we support you.
Speaker 3: You know, she will lose me there, though, she'll lose me if those women are like supporting her and helping her and giving her good advice. She dismisses it that she'll lose me there because I find that very triggering in my own life.
Speaker 1: Well, stepping back into the stuff with what was actually going down in AUGUSTA, what I was looking forward to talking to you about today was what happened with Garcel and Reba, and I wanted to know because we would all share our thoughts with our friends right about personal stuff, including stuff that would happen with our family. How comfortable would you be with one of your friends talking to your mother about whatever you've said to your friend. Because I don't think I would be happy with that. I'd be really disappointed.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 3: The conversations that Something has had with Garcel, she potentially wanted her to be that messenger. She wanted her to go and lay the groundwork for the conversation that she was going to have later about how she's felt and how she know she's feeling like she hasn't been loved or you know that her mum's not proud of her. I feel like it was almost the groundwork for that, but Riba was within her rights and she executed it to say that is.
Speaker 2: None of your business.
Speaker 3: You do not know the backstory, You do not know the complexities, you do not know the journey that we've been on. And so yes, she was trying to come from a place of a good friend, but you're going to get into some murky waters when you don't know the full family dynamic. She was never gonna she was never going to win that chat. But I think it's softened. It softened the conversation that Sutton then had with her mother because I think she was like, oh, well, I've already heard this from Garcell. It wasn't coming out of the blue, so I think she got a nicer Riba because she sort of knew that that was coming.
Speaker 1: When we found out that she was a psychologist, it was kind of like finding how whoa you know, her profession was like trying. It was like finding out that a great white shark, you know, is a babysit of a dogs. Do you know what I mean? Like, I would never go to a psychologist like Reaber because she I mean, maybe she's one of those psychologists that just sits there and listens and doesn't say anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean, look she was, she's guarded. She had that tough love approach.
Speaker 3: She's probably quite blunt, but some people probably need that from a therapist, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, no, that's not it.
Speaker 3: I mean maybe she should be the one talking to Dry at this point about the relationship, like it's over, Darling, not even darling.
Speaker 2: She'd just be like it's over. Move on. What my accent was just then?
Speaker 1: It was good? I think it was great. It was a whole lot of them. It was an Australian version of an American person from Augusta.
Speaker 2: I need to practice of the southern accent.
Speaker 1: I know if you practice that, you would get that down to perfection. Gussell didn't actually do too badly considering she was in the wrong for bringing that stuff up. I think she managed to navigate Reaper's she got herself out of it. She did she was like, Okay, this may have been a mistake.
Speaker 2: How Nae is the steel magnolia is.
Speaker 1: I think that we have to progress then from that place into the discussion, which gave me my favorite moment of the episode, which come on was amazing. The pivot from sudden and Reba's conversation to Kyle and garself peering around the corner is like peak housewife perfection. Like that camera work was phenomenal, was like the parent trapped kids listening like it was amazing, and.
Speaker 3: Kyle's run back up the stairs like to look like she was just.
Speaker 2: Casually coming back down, so funny.
Speaker 1: It was like, actually good acting, like not Halloween acting. Yes, I was roaring at that point with all of that, I thought that was amazing, But yeah, getting into the actual dynamics of what actually transpired, I thought it was really interesting what Riba was trying to say, and I want to know from your perspective what you think about why Reber doesn't want to say to her daughter that she loves her, Because then I was thinking about it, I'm like, does my mom say that to me? And then I'm like, actually she does. Like, my mom's got no issue with saying that I love you, and I'm sure your mum, from what I know of her, would be the same. She would be very affirming with her love and support of you. Why is this lady choosing not to say that to her daughter, Like, what is the rationale?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's just a different way.
Speaker 3: I think people have different levels of being comfortable with being affectionate and what they say what they don't say. I mean, like she seemed upset that she was like, oh, well, even though I don't say those things, it surprises me that you don't know it, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean.
Speaker 3: And then when she agreed to sort of come on the fashion show and get on a plane to travel and she's like, well, I think that's something I can do. That was definitely her way of saying no, Well, I understand you've felt a certain way now, and I'm going to try and do better with the time that they have left. You know, she's not a young woman, she's eighty two years old. Things can happen quickly, and I just feel like people have different upbringings and then culturally and then you know, people just have different surroundings and what they're comfortable with. So I don't think there's any right or wrong, but I think it's upsetting when you see a child, doesn't matter that she's an adult child say I want to hear these things.
Speaker 2: I feel upset that I don't get to hear them.
Speaker 3: I feel this way that does need to get acknowledged when you've gone to the effort of bringing that.
Speaker 2: Up, because that took a lot for her to do that you could tell.
Speaker 1: And there's those reads that we get from Garcel which have been really good this season. I thought it was quite accurate because that's where I landed, which was there seems to be some jealousy amongst these women.
Speaker 5: Sutain had a relationship with her dad that she didn't have with her mum. I think there was some jealousy there.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's some jealousy over Suttain's father's adoration for the daughter. That can happen in family dynamics. And that could possibly be a rationale as to just why this mother can't say that to her daughter. She's still holding on to some jealousy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think that part of it was interesting.
Speaker 3: And you know, I think that this episode, even though it wasn't what we were expecting and it was heavier, and it wasn't necessarily you was sitting watching it from a place of enjoyment, but I think it ticked the box of doing what we needed it to do, and that was to take a peek behind the life of Sutton. You know, even to the point where you know her mum was being annoying in the kitchen and she wanted her to get certain ingredients and then Sutton was like, oh no, well I asked you to get Rve the Iceberg letter. She is exactly like her mom in that way. But we did get to see it, and it's all the stuff that I get annoyed about with Sutton, who.
Speaker 4: Put this ice into the ice maker but don't tell me, I only know.
Speaker 2: Have you eaten?
Speaker 4: Yeah no, well I have these Depp thanks.
Speaker 2: I don't like stuff like that.
Speaker 3: And now I kind of see where it's coming from. So I think the episode did its job in that sense, how.
Speaker 1: Much do you think you're like a product of your family? Do you think that you are a lot like your mum? Like, do you see that because I recognize it. I do stuff and I'll be like, that is so what my does. And then I'll do stuff and I'll be like, that is definitely from my dad. I guess what I'm trying to say. Maybe I'm answering my own question, just chatting to myself, But like I do think in some ways we are a product of our parents, whether we like to admit it or not.
Speaker 3: Oh, of course we are, you know, not just your parents and your sort of immediate family, but you know, you are the company you keep. And I think you pick up different things from different people that you surround yourself with, and that's why choosing the right people for you where you're out in your life is so important. But I think certainly family and those things being impressed on you young, it's just a subconscious thing. You pick up certain behaviors or traits and they stay with you for life, or you recognize them and you try and fight really hard against them.
Speaker 2: That can often happen too, But you know.
Speaker 3: Reaba would be the one to know because she's the one that's the therapist.
Speaker 1: Looks as though you're missing social cues, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, it'll be interesting when we watch those parts back. Maybe At the reunion, Sutton realizes that she's watched this episode how similar she actually is to her mum. I wonder because often people don't know, you know, but I feel like when they're showing all that footage side by side, you're like, oh my god, there it is.
Speaker 1: One of the things about this episode as well that was just also a bit flat for me was that are you getting red flags from Bozma's partner, because like, to me, eric Is is sort of saying, hang in a sec they're talking about having a child, but they haven't said they love each other to each other like that is whacka do. Like, I'm sorry, that's a red flag right there. And then you know, I've got into body language a lot. I try and read people's body language. I don't feel like that man has committed to her. I feel like he is taking her for a ride. What do you think? What's your take on the dynamics that we're saying maybe he's nervous with the cameras there, right, So I remember some of the husbands have come out in the podcast space and said, how hilarious is it watching yourself back on this show because they never get used to the cameras the way their wives do, because their wives are doing more of it. You know, maybe he's like, holy shit, I'm having these conversations with a camera. I don't know.
Speaker 3: We haven't really seen enough of him to know, but I just the only thing I'm sort of holding on to to hope that he's not fully taking her for a ride is the fact that they got together before she was on the show. I feel like she didn't have that profile in that sense. I really hope it's not like a fame grab and it's you know, and also like, if she's going to go through the process of trying to have a child at forty seven, that is such a huge undertaking.
Speaker 2: You want to be in a really secure spot.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have I would have thought, I mean, I really I quite enjoyed the chat that she had with her daughter Laelle about you know, how does she feel about her potentially having another child and the sort of conversation that happened, and she was so mature at fifteen sixteen years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was amazing.
Speaker 2: She was beautiful.
Speaker 3: So I feel like she's got a really solid relationship with her. I just yeah, I mean, who knows how it's going to play out. I wouldn't say I'm agreeing with you in the sense that I feel like I've got full red flags, but there's definitely some small red flags.
Speaker 1: I'm just putting on my Jackie Gilly's hat, and my Jackie Gilly's hat is saying I don't think these people are going to be together in a couple of years. That's just how I say it. We'll go back.
Speaker 2: Do you think he wants a baby mama?
Speaker 3: And then he just wants someone to have his baby and then he just looks after it half the time, and.
Speaker 2: It's like a baby like because engaged in the baby, I know, but like, why would you engage in a baby chat if you didn't want that? You know what I don't know's I don't know because I don't.
Speaker 3: Feel like she's really wanting to have the baby. She's like, I want to have the baby because that's what he wants.
Speaker 1: No, it's just not adding up for me. The whole dynamic's not adding up to me. I think that they're pushing their reaching. Good luck to them though, all the best on your endeavors, on your endeavors. So Jennifer Tilly feels to me like she's kind of being edited out of this season? Do you reckon? They wanted more from her and they realized that they're only getting sort of a two dimensional character. And that's why because she was there for the filming of clost this season. And I do feel like and thank you to the editors for editing her out, Like you know, I haven't seen I haven't thanked editors enough for editing someone out since whoever that woman was last.
Speaker 2: Year, Adam Marie, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Editors for editing her out. She's boring. But Jennifer Tilly seems like she's going to be on the cunning room floor a lot this season.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, it says it all. The fact that you brought her name up and I was like, oh, yeah, Like.
Speaker 3: I don't notice her if she's gone, nor do I get excited when she's there.
Speaker 2: So I feel like that just says it all. Do you know what I mean? To me, it's like she's there, She's there. She's not there.
Speaker 3: She's not there, Like it doesn't affect me. I don't care if I see her. I'm not gagging over her outfits or really anything whatever.
Speaker 1: She's like that kookie lady that you see at the supermarket sometimes shopping that you can't stop looking at you like it's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's exactly what we said at the start of the season. It's like she's got the job sharing role with Kathy. Kathy has probably been on an elaborate trip somewhere. They shoved her in to try and add some comic relief and some fuck rich money and just kind of tick that quirky kookie box. And then Kathy's probably back in town now, so we don't need you. Jennifer, thank you so much for your time. Please stamp your time card on the way out.
Speaker 1: Go and make a chucky.
Speaker 3: Movie Sitney your big antique clock and just watch it go gongongong all day long.
Speaker 1: With your partner who spends all your money on gambling. All the very best.
Speaker 2: We are savage today.
Speaker 1: Savage savage. I don't know whether it's this week.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I can be so savage when I'm like sitting here in quantas pajamas in a fake tan with not a sciric of makeup on.
Speaker 1: That's the couch viewer around the world, like they are sitting at home looking like a swamp donkey judging the people that are on television. That's everybody's today, that every full flight. I'm going to give this episode only one star. And the reason I'm giving it a only one, Benjamin Norris, is because of the one moment where we panned out and we saw Kyle and Garcel looking in at that conversation. That was hilarious. It was worth the price of the ticket on the episode. But overall, I just felt like we're you know, we're getting close, We're getting close to reunion episodes. We can't have a whole episode on Sutton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you. I'm not too far off that I'll give it one and a half.
Speaker 3: Because I feel like the producers, the editors, they've listened to the audience saying we need to see more from Sutton, and I feel like they delivered it. But I think they've been strategic and how they've given us almost too much, so now they'll be like, well, we gave it to you and now you didn't want it. It was like the Lisa Rinna thing. So then they'll take it away now and that's probably all we'll see from her and her family life for quite some time.
Speaker 2: I would imagine I want.
Speaker 1: To say, hashtag Lisa Rinna. Have you been watching her promoting this new podcast? Don't talk about the husband she has been on because she's like I've spoken to her on Instagram back in the day and I asked her if she would go on the podcast, actually asked her if she would go on ticket TV when we did that, and she was like, I don't do podcasts. I've got a rule. Anyway, So she's been doing podcasts all week. And did you see the clip of her fighting with Andy Cohen over saying The Real Housewives is the Titanic?
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my damage. Why are you.
Speaker 1: Saying that the show is the Titanic?
Speaker 2: You're on a podcast last week. I know you mouthed off and how you met me.
Speaker 1: I have day, I know, but you've so moved past this.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh you're so doing your own thing. I'm sorry, I hurt your feelings.
Speaker 3: I love Lisa Rinna and I loved her on the show, and you know what, she kind of brought to the table even though a lot of people didn't like her. I kind of liked her constant search for accountability with people and finding out the truth. And I quite liked that in the context of the show. But I do not like when people leave the show and then bash the show that has got them to the top.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 3: And she's doing so well now and she's carved out a whole new knee. She's a supermodel at sixty years of age. It's incredible, But like, don't bash the show.
Speaker 1: That got you there. I thought that if they ever offered her to come back, she would just swallow her pride and come back and do it because she loves the show so much. But she's turned it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I think she's sort of gone into a whole new space now. I think she was probably a bit pissed about how she got traded in that last season with the Kathi showdown, because I think she was trying to bring them sort of something that was real and that did really happen, and everyone wanted to turn a blind eye to it, and she became the bad guy and the scapegoat for the pot stirring and you know, had that whole sister dynamic the relationship hanging over her head, like you've ruined the sisters and all of that, and I think she probably felt like, from a network point of view, they were going to support her, although'll be like, no, we found this footage to back you up or you know, and it never happened. She was kind of hung out to dry and she had nowhere left to go. The masses had turned on her. I mean, Erica Jane didn't come off that well in that reunion either. She was the one who said the actual quote of what Kathy said to her about the DJ, like I'm surprised that Erica Jane didn't get a bulbarry clock attached to her foot and she's not sitting at the bottom of the Santa Monica Pier, like you don't say stuff like that to Kathy Hilton, to any Hilton.
Speaker 1: Don't say that to any Hilton Like.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean they're fine now, Like she was over having a beautiful Capri dinnery.
Speaker 2: While we're on while we're.
Speaker 3: On Other Housewives news, o MG about Teddy Mellingham. For people that haven't been following on with her since she left the show. She has her own podcast to Teas and Pod with Tamra jud However, she's obviously had a huge struggle with different skincats as over the last two years. She has got the most massive scar on her back. She's been in for like twenty surgeries. But now they've found these brain tumors. She was having these constant headaches. That found two big ones. She was literally in hospital that day getting her head shaved and the rest have to get looked at with radiation therapy.
Speaker 2: I think it is like, but I mean, this is not good. That is not good.
Speaker 1: Well, she's my second favorite housewife of all time, so I'm.
Speaker 3: See, yeah, did you see her Instagram stories because she was posting with her shaved head and she was in the hostpe all bad before she went in for the surgery, and Kyle was there with Morgan. Morgan was there, and Edwin, who she recently filed for divorce from, was there, and a few other people were there.
Speaker 2: In this waiting room.
Speaker 3: But I thought, oh my god, like, Kyle's there with Morgan, and Kyle's been trying to hide Morgan, and then all of a sudden, Morgan's in this post and I thought it's going to put everything like it's just going to get everything going again.
Speaker 1: Except for the fact that we know that Morgan Wade is equally as good friends with Teddy Mellencamp. I think Morgan Wade is in that group of girls and they all talk that there's women that get up at four in the four in the morning, who are you? And I think that's that dynamic of that friend group, and Morgan's a part of it. So, yeah, not surprised Morgan Wade is there for Teddy Mellencamp. I think that she's in the friend group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I wasn't surprised that she was.
Speaker 3: Sort of I just thought, oh god, Kyle will be like because now she's suddenly there and she's tried so hard to hide her from social media since it.
Speaker 2: All blew up.
Speaker 3: But look, our thoughts are with Teddy Mellencamp, and you know, she's got those two young children, and obviously she's in the midst of a divorce and her husband is good to show up and support her even though they're going through a pretty tumultuous time in their relationship.
Speaker 2: So I mean, it's, yeah, it's all happening, and it's not good news.
Speaker 1: We do get a preview just to shift out of that because my thoughts with Teddy, but we've got an exciting preview for next week's episode. It was almost like they were like, sorry for borrowing you to death, but next week you've got a food fight. We got food fight, so everything's fine. I thought it was an interesting way to look at that conversation. Is Bosma falling into the trap of being dread spokeswoman. I thought that's going to be really interesting to see that accusation being thrown out there. What are you foreshadowing out of that preview? What are you thinking we're going to get?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that that was definitely coming because Kyle is pissed off.
Speaker 2: Kyle's pissed off at Bows.
Speaker 3: That she hasn't been given a fair run that she has just sort of immediately taken to eat side. However, it is funny when you think about prior seasons, the fact that people are cute her and Teddy of having that type of friendship where it was like it was a package deal.
Speaker 2: I think was the words that Darite used.
Speaker 3: And whatever you say to one, the other one's going to come in and back them up. So Deurite sort of has that person in Bo's Kyle's not happy about it, so I think, you know, even though they sort of resolve their issues about the PK texting and the PK relationship, this Bo's Derete friendship is definitely going to put strain on Dereite and Kyle getting back to it a really solid place.
Speaker 1: I've never been like that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: What's so bizarre to me with friend dynamics is like, how people will, you know, be like we come as a package deal like I have the I don't think I've ever been more on the opposite side of an opinion than I am with my own best friend, Like she could not be more different to me. I will be like, I'm going to go and support that person, and Carrie will be like, what the hell are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I don't like to be somebody who flies blind just to support someone. I'm my own person, and I'm attracted to people who are their own person as well. Because one of my favorite things about people, and this might sound weird, is when people tell me off. They're like when your close friend says, you know what, I'm going to give you a different opinion on that and and they guide you into a different space. That's what I'm attracted to out of friendship dynamics.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that's what we're going to see next week. Is that sort of on full display. And that's looking like it's going to be quite an explosive episode to eat and sat and start getting into it again. We'll see where that goes, I mean, hopefully just it has a little bit more going on that we want to see back in the realm of a Housewives episode.
Speaker 1: What are we doing this weekend? Where are you going? You said that we had to record today because you booked out what's happening?
Speaker 3: Well, booked out watching the new Bridget Shownes movie tonight for Valentine's Day, and then just a few other things over the weekend.
Speaker 2: It's just a busy one. It's just a very busy one.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm sitting here marinating in the ten and thank you because we've already knocked off almost an hour of marination.
Speaker 1: Well, Happy Valentine's Day, Belize Valentine's Days. We're going to watch We're going to preview the new season of Yellow Jackets. Don't know if you watch that show. We're going to drink so much red wine. That'll end with a YouTube Calimino marathon of.
Speaker 2: Singing, Oh my god, I've got the Kylie Minod concert tomorrow.
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 2: How I'm going to get to tell you that it's tomorrow.
Speaker 3: She's starting the tour in Perth, and then there's seventy shows in the tour, but she's starting an in Perth.
Speaker 1: So you need to call me. I will as soon as the concert finishes. I'm seeing it next week on Friday in Melbourne. So excited. I've even got a pair of hot pants just sitting over there that I'm going to potentially wear. So I apologize.
Speaker 2: I love that. I love that view.
Speaker 3: Sorry that we've deviated quite far away from Housewives, but anyway, it's all the very best on your endeavors. Cheerio, bye bye,