Speaker 1: Ossy ossy, ossy yazy now in Sydney right now? Well, I'm guessing a bit of a sore throw is our protucer Kate and who is surprised on Friday Show saying, look, you've got to be at the game. So we sent her yesterday she flew off to Sydney. You were at the amazing win last night, now, Matius through so the finally how was it being there?
Speaker 2: Oh, guys, I can't begin to express what the feeling like was. I've still got adrenaline running through me. I went to bed at midnight and I got up at four thirty. I'm just so pumped. And that crowd was insane just being in there. And as soon as they got that goal, people were just on chairs, screaming, like spinning, you know, their scarves around. It was like the whole crowd was just beating as one. It was. It was insane. It was epic and once in a lifetime opportunity. So yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 1: What was it like afterwards? As you'll leave knowing that you threw the matildas and throw it's another win.
Speaker 2: It was actually really beautiful. So I jumped on a train to get back to my hotel and as we're in the line, there was this woman over the loud speaker just screaming like ohssy and everyone was like oi Oi. The whole crowd was just so pumped, like, you know, we we do sports well in Melbourne. But Sydney got up there last night and they were just right behind the girls and it was it was incredible.
Speaker 1: So now you've seen them, right, you saw the whole drama of all. Are they the winners of this World Cup?
Speaker 2: They are looking I am so confident they are looking brilliant on TV. I watched the highlights this morning. From the TV perspective, they look better in like live in person. They calm, collected and then they hit and they strike when required.
Speaker 1: So it was you should join the commentary team. Yes you're a lot better than some of them heard yesterday and some of the fitter going how green, how green the pictures? It's grass.
Speaker 2: To be honest, the commentators don't often go, you know what, on TV, this looks like crap.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this is where it's at. These ladies are better than maybe they appear on your big TV.
Speaker 2: The grass was very green, and like.
Speaker 1: Money came up a couple of times last, but they never seen grass here in Australia.
Speaker 2: It was actually really weird the pitch when they were training on it before. Once they finished, they left and then these guys came out with like these sticks and started like like beating the ground down. So they're like very professional and they were beatings. They were like, I don't know, like air rating the grass or something where you know.
Speaker 1: I've never seen that the mcg men come out with sticks start beating that hallow turf. What are doing there in Sydney.
Speaker 2: It was awesome, But also I wanted to say one more thing, guys, my scarf has powers.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to come round to the power of the scarf.
Speaker 2: I didn't take it off and we won again in very believable style. So I think every time they are playing on Saturday, I will be wearing it all day and just a FII. Saturday is my partner's birthday, so we're going to do a few activities and I'll be wearing it the whole day.
Speaker 1: Here's what I think we need to do with your magical scarf. Okay, I think listeners need to drop off their scarfs. Maybe Wednesday Thursday this week on Friday, you should touch other people's scarf and give them power, because I've seen this in the religious ceremonies where they annoint things, don't they with the holy water? You should touch it to your forest. Yes, that's the way that we're going to have a ceremony. I'm gonna We're going to bring our scarves in. Okay, I'm gonna tell the scarfs in Friday, and it's going to be blessed with your holy scarf. So then as we go out and watch the games on our couches on the Saturday night, we also can have a little bit not all of your powers but some, but together as a whole, we are more powerful with the magical scarfs.
Speaker 2: And then until then, the main scarf should going to locked briefcase handcuffed your wrist together.
Speaker 1: By the way, Kate, I tell you one thing we could pick up on the TV schin who was the idiot with the drum last night? There banging a drum.
Speaker 2: The drums were actually awesome. It was like the heartbeat of the crowd. It was really cool. You know what was the idiots on in the fields were the guys with the whistle in the crowd because they kept.
Speaker 1: Always every football game, some tick with a whistle, We're all right without you, okay.
Speaker 2: Towards the end of the game, they blew it like it was the end of the game, and the whole crowd got up and started cheering. They're like, no, it's not.
Speaker 1: You know what. I'm so glad you were there last night just to see the Matildas in action. But I'm so glad you've seen it. It was an amazing win last night, another huge wind. They're looking great.
Speaker 2: Oh they looked amazing, and I can't express every time they got a break away, everyone was up on their feet like little kids, were on their chairs, jumping up and down with their scarves like no matter what. The crowd was just with them. And the girls looked incredible. They were just striking their on point and I was so proud of them. Also, Sam Kerr, it was amazing. She literally started training and the whole crowd went nuts in the middle of nothing happening on the field, so.
Speaker 1: Audible when she fell over.
Speaker 2: Oh my no, there was no it just went dead quiet, like everyone just and then exactly, oh god, yeah, she nearly broke our hearts in that moment. But they were brilliant last night. I'm so proud I was there. It was incredible.