Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 2: Hello, We're on Wednesday afternoon.
Speaker 3: It's the pickup. Hi girls, Hi, Happy home Day. I'm just throwing cabbage around the studio. I'm so sorry. Just let me get my stuff together. Mitch, you have something going on in your life right now.
Speaker 4: We're just throwing cabbage.
Speaker 3: Well hope, no, that doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: There's no Seguey, you've been doing a bit of like low key training and rehearsals.
Speaker 3: Tell us what for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I'm I'm a theater actor. As you know, I'm classically trained. Don't make me sing because I will. I'm going to be in a Juliette the full on theater show at the Lyric Theater in Sydney next week.
Speaker 3: To see it. And you haven't. You weren't in it when I was there, so why has it changed.
Speaker 5: It's a one night I drop out. No, No, I'm not Casey don it. I'm Nottter understudy. I'm not Rob Mills's understudy. It came organically.
Speaker 2: I studied acting. I went and saw the show.
Speaker 5: I went backstage and I made a joke saying, like I've studied, I'd killed to be in this show.
Speaker 2: So then Rob Mills was like, well, we'll get you in the show. So next week.
Speaker 3: It's so fun.
Speaker 5: I'm doing a one night only appearance in the musical Anguliette.
Speaker 1: Do people have to pay more for like special appearance by Mitch Cherry?
Speaker 2: I actually think tickets are less.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't think they are. But yeah, nighttime show, daytime show.
Speaker 2: It's not a mad night.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'll be on the pick up and then I will rush to the theater. But I have rehearsals today. Apparently they've got me a costume that they've got tailored from in Broadway, New York. They're getting it shipped here for me to try on for next week. So I'm going to be an Angeliette. So if you want to see me June sixth.
Speaker 3: This is literally all of Mitch's dreams come true. He does bring up that his theater trained very frequently, and every so often we get treated to a bit of operatic singer were singing, which is it is beautiful beautiful?
Speaker 1: Will often say when he's telling this story of me, like, I've been to America when I was in New York because that's.
Speaker 4: Where I did my drama studies. And then he'll just.
Speaker 3: Look like to slip that in, don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did well as actors, do you know? It's my craft?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: I was at nider anyway, one thousand dollars to give away from target guys.
Speaker 3: We absolutely do. That is coming up. But first, now, we often in relationships talk about red flags. We talk about the things to look out for. But you know what we don't talk about enough green flags, the things that you should look for. And I want to know, like, what are your green flags that you look out for when you are dating? If you're in the dating world, what is it that you know when you go into someone's house anyway? Thirteen one or six five? That's all we're looking for. What are your green flags?
Speaker 2: All right? That's coming up here at the pick.
Speaker 3: Up, all right. So often in relationships we talk about red flags that the things that you need to look out for, especially if you're in the early stages of dating, Like what are those red flags that could indicate that that person that you're going on dates with is actually a bit of an ahole?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: I bought mission Just get out of there real quick, like another girlfriend or ryeah back. But it's like, what are the things that might indicate that they have another girlfriend, like maybe they're secreted with their phone, or they wedding band.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or they're at a date they put their phone face down on the table.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe they've been polit No, man, that's a red flag, face down all the time.
Speaker 4: It's been polite with those around you.
Speaker 3: It also could mean that you're texting another guy you rude to wait stuff, red red flag. Yeah, okay, so this is it. Everyone knows the red flags like they are, like, there's a lot of them and they are very common. But there is an article that's going viral and red at a thread at the moment where everyone is talking about green flags. Now, I think we need to start celebrating or talking more about the things that we should be looking out for, especially if you're walking into someone's house and you're sussing out where they live. Maybe it's a one night stand, maybe you're thinking about dating them, and you're like, uh huh, okay, they have that thing there. That's a green flag. That's a man who has his shit together, but he knows what to do. Okay. So I have an example of one of these green flags for me walking into a man's bathroom and him having any type of shampoo and conditioner that is not a two in one. That's a green flag. That's a man who takes a little bit like he takes a bit more sort of you know, responsibility in the way he looks, and he he has moved on from being a teenager in my.
Speaker 1: Eye, But what if that is also indicative of friends.
Speaker 2: A man conditions his hair doesn't mean he's got a girl.
Speaker 3: No, But I do agree with you, Britt. I think that there is a paper thin fine line between something being a green flag and something actually being an indicator that maybe they have a female in their life. Like ASoP, Yeah, that's a rich green flag. That's not a green there's a girl there. Yeah, they're loaded.
Speaker 5: You know mine is if you're walking, if you've got like a date or hookup, you walk into his kitchen and there is used cooking stuff, like there's olive oil out, or there's pans that he's just recently used.
Speaker 2: That man cooks, he can provide.
Speaker 3: He still left his stuff out, not messy.
Speaker 5: But you know, there's a big difference between a kitchen that's not a kitchen that's got stuff active ingredients.
Speaker 4: I like the cooking thing because I can't cook, So a man that can cook.
Speaker 3: For me like good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you walk into a house and they have like photos of their family are like they're really wholesome family people. Like if they've gone to the effort to frame.
Speaker 3: A photo photos of their family, but not of their family with their wife in it also a great indicator. I'm obsessed with this, Yes, I am okay, thirteen one to six five? What are your green flags? This one? I care about a lot real house plants. I think if you can keep a house planet alive, that shows that you were responsible at all, you're a man.
Speaker 4: I will date Crystal like clean air.
Speaker 5: I'm thirteen one six five. That's a big one. You're right, Write that down, Crystal. What's what's your green flags you look out for?
Speaker 2: My green flag is a clean house, and like if it doesn't smell life, dog, I'm cool.
Speaker 1: Laura, Laura thinks a clean house could be vindicative of psychopath.
Speaker 4: Psychopath, which you have, serial killer. It's because Laura's house is so messing.
Speaker 2: So picky.
Speaker 5: Of course, you have to go on a reality dating show to find your husband because you're insane.
Speaker 4: She's insane, that's true.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it has to be a little bit between. I think you don't want the house to be so clean that that person is going to be like anal to be around, that they're going to be like, excuse me, where's that bullgo goes back in the You know someone who's clean for you, know, when you're coming up from a date. Laura's like, yes, Pacho.
Speaker 5: Laura's like, hey, this meal you made in your kitchen, and then you've got photos of your mum polish.
Speaker 2: Who do you think you are cleaning for me?
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm the red flag you are.
Speaker 2: I think that's where we've landed.
Speaker 5: One more Sarah, Hi, what's what's your red flat or your green flag?
Speaker 7: Sorry this could be contentious, but someone that asks us to leave your shoes at the door taking your shoes off?
Speaker 3: Now do you know what?
Speaker 1: I used to be on board with that. When I used to go to Peele's house and then say to leave your shoes at the door. I used to think, Okay, crazy person. But I recently read a study about how dirty your shoes are and walking that into someone's house, I'm all about it now.
Speaker 4: I think take your shoes off.
Speaker 3: I wish my husband would pay attention to like Pooh and steep is on your shoes people, and like bugs and gems and viruses. I know he always wears his joggers inside the house, does and crazy Listen if you.
Speaker 2: Do in the date right, shoes end up off?
Speaker 4: Anyway's everything else?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: That's kind of what I was painting.
Speaker 5: Picture just l Next on the show, one thousand dollars to spend Target is up for grabs. If you think in no fashion, maybe you want to play Name that fit thirteen one oh sixty five. We need one contestant.
Speaker 2: We're going to quiz you on some of the greatest fashion questions of all time. Let's name that fit.
Speaker 3: I love fashion, close the sun, shopping Nay, that's fit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: At Target, they're made for season after season. Shop instore, online or via the Target app.
Speaker 2: Every day.
Speaker 5: This week we got a thousand dollars to spend it Target up for grabs with a little fashion quiz ladies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, we made it way too easy at the beginning of the week, but I think these questions are getting increasingly harder. Let's say that yeah.
Speaker 5: On the pickup group chat, we're all kind of like nutting out out fashion questions, weren't we.
Speaker 1: Well, I like to give away money, so you guys want to make it really hard, and I just want to give the people the money. I don't want to make it too hard, but I want to make it a little bit harder than we did on yesterdays show, where we basically just gave you the person the answers.
Speaker 2: Turtle neck is a what it's clu, It's not.
Speaker 3: Something you're wearing your body on the upper half.
Speaker 2: Joining us today, Rebecca is on thirteen one o six five.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi, how you going? Hi Rebecca? How do you reckon? You're going to go in the world of fashion?
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully you make it as busy as.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, we'll try.
Speaker 5: Well, what we've done is we've implemented a tear system. This is Brittany Hocky's idea. She's a real genius beauty and brains. So if you get one right, you get one hundred dollars to spend a target. You get two right, you get five hundred dollars to spend a target. You get three for three one thousand bucks to spend a target.
Speaker 3: Perfect sounds good. All right, Well let's kick this off. Then let's really test your fashion knowledge question number one. A tweed, varsity and a bomber are all types of what jacket?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Too easy, it's a simple.
Speaker 4: I'm going to make this odd.
Speaker 3: I don't have to start it easy. Now we can get a bit harder.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is question two for five hundred dollars to spend it target which singer famously wore a cone bra on stage at her blonde ambition to Rebecca Madonna.
Speaker 2: That iconic cone bra.
Speaker 5: I think at Halloween, everyone always there is one friend that goes as Madonna with the cone bra.
Speaker 3: I think if you had just said cone bra, it probably would have made it easier. But when you said blonde and vision tour, that's what that's what made it like it sounds so complicated.
Speaker 2: Who else would do the bond? Elton John actually Cora?
Speaker 1: All right, Rebecca for a thousand big ones, you need to get this correct. What color was the iconic revenge dress worn by Princess Diana, the People's Princess?
Speaker 4: What did she wear when she wanted that revenge?
Speaker 5: I would say red.
Speaker 2: Not red.
Speaker 3: No, they were lack Now you know what, don't you That little tiny, that short mini dress, the black dress with the whole to everyone knows.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 5: You've got five hundred dollars to spend it. Target, Rebecca, that's a good innings. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: That's great, Bux is great. You enjoyed.
Speaker 4: Target has some right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they really.
Speaker 4: Actually, this is what I'm wearing right now?
Speaker 3: Is Target?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 3: It looks beautiful on you Bridge, Thank you. You'd probably get it twenty of those for five hundred.
Speaker 4: Bucks more, I'd say more, Laura.
Speaker 5: Target made for season halfter seasons youop install online or by the Target at today. Another thousand dollars to spend it. Target potentially up for grabs tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, we've got a very special guest coming in today.
Speaker 3: Do you want me to tell you who? Oh, I'm on the edge of my seat.
Speaker 4: Who is a free He's my special guest.
Speaker 1: So my partner, Ben, who I haven't seen since January, just touched down in Australia and he's going to come into the pickup.
Speaker 2: I am so excited for this for years.
Speaker 3: That's because the true love affair between like Ben and someone on the show is actually between Ben and you. That's what that is.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about it.
Speaker 3: You'll have to hear it the last year and it's coming up next.
Speaker 2: My boyfriend joined us next, Laura, do you feel like this?
Speaker 3: I mean, this is the guest that everyone has been waiting for. This is the celebrity guest that we have always wanted to have on the show.
Speaker 4: And it's not just a normal Wednesday. It is not a normal hump day. I have taken to another levels. Bring your boyfriend to workday.
Speaker 1: My boyfriend Ben, Ben Secrets all the way from Scotland, has arrived in town and of course.
Speaker 7: Hello guys.
Speaker 2: How you doing? Hello, Benny? Not your first time here at the pickup.
Speaker 7: It's the first time at the new studio.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Last time you were here we wrapped you in a snake I think, and gave you a cockroach animals.
Speaker 7: Yeah, not the best idea.
Speaker 1: Ben.
Speaker 3: What is it like when you get back here? I mean, you're you're a superstar on your own rights. You play for the Celtics and just Celtic, well Celtics soccer player, which you'll kill me for saying that football player. You've arrived and then pretty much since you have been here. I was thawing a brit on the phone yesterday and there was like paparazzi out the front of BRIT's apartment and now there is a paparazzi video of the two of you just walking the dog to go get a coffee.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know, crazy world, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: They were so boring. I were walking, I'm a or something.
Speaker 3: No, it's cute.
Speaker 1: So I was like, oh my god, paparazzi, just let us be. We haven't seen each other in nearly five months. Then I saw the paparazzi footage, and paparazzi have gone to another level.
Speaker 4: They don't just take photos anymore.
Speaker 1: They filmed videos, make it into sizzle reels, put backing music on it, and then.
Speaker 3: It goes on social media. So Ben and I I was.
Speaker 1: Like, Ben, it's actually really cute, like someone's documented our first day together.
Speaker 2: I know. It came up my for you page.
Speaker 5: I was watching recipes and I was watching interview videos and all of a sudden, it's Britain.
Speaker 2: Ben, that's my friend. It was a really weird experience.
Speaker 5: What was the first moment of reunion light because genuinely four months the last time you saw Ben was January over in Europe, exactly what happened exactly, but.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, has this usual trait of trying to scare me always the first time we see each other. But she's she's she's not the best. You need to work.
Speaker 4: I set up the camera to scare him in.
Speaker 6: A dark room, dark like almost like a dark alleyway, and it's just the camera and the lights on, and I'm like, well, I can obviously, I can obviously.
Speaker 7: Know what's happening.
Speaker 4: He walked in and I was hiding.
Speaker 3: He goes, Babe, I can literally see.
Speaker 2: The camera right there, and she just came Was this the airport or was.
Speaker 7: This was it was?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: It didn't pick you up from the airport after five months of not seeing each other.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, She explained to me that so and now was travel for her, which I respect, you know that kind of I.
Speaker 3: Have to say.
Speaker 6: I did treat myself to business class because it's such a long flight, so they do offer a s office.
Speaker 1: Exactly why would I pick him up when he had a chauffeur driven to my house.
Speaker 4: It was really late at night, it's cold. Guys don't don't come.
Speaker 5: So the first person you see when you're landed in Australia is a man in a hattana suit, You're not your girlfriend?
Speaker 3: A man in a hatta suit and then an I folks, brid's trying to scary.
Speaker 2: The ring light.
Speaker 5: You're like, this is the end. You're our VIP guest Laura. Before we let you go, Ben, We're not letting you out of here.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, we because we know how much BRIT's been looking forward to this. Like you guys don't get to see each other very often. It's been like what five months now since the last time, and we wanted to make it really, really special for you. So we have organized a beautiful weekend away. Gorgeous what you guys could not do? That beautiful weekend away for you guys to celebrate your love. But the catch, you got to work for it first. And we have a little quiz coming up, and we want to know just how well you think you know each other.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think I did not know this thinking about what you're going to get. You know, could be a romantic weekend or you could be sleeping on a broken bade. He gets it.
Speaker 1: Even if we don't go away, we don't have to play this game to get it.
Speaker 7: Nobody snows to earn it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and also it's also really good for us to know how well Ben actually knows you, brit which is exactly what this is going to.
Speaker 2: Soa, Okay, it's gonna shed some light on.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm nervous.
Speaker 5: All right, let's quiz Ben after these on the pickup before we get out here today, Laura, you and I are playing love God.
Speaker 3: Really, we really are. I mean, it's not just us today. We have Ben Brittany's beautiful boyfriends sitting here in studio with us. Now, we have a gorgeous and elaborate, a luxurious weekend away planned for you guys, but you're only allowed to have it if you actually pass this quiz that we have planned.
Speaker 2: It's all booked, it's all food. Oysters paid for it.
Speaker 3: Where'd you get the money from? Yeah, the boss is paid for it. That's okay, okay, But the thing is, okay, have you ever been to a Hen's party where they've played this game? Basically, we when we're in the break, we got Britt to step out of the room. Ben answered some questions, some of them about himself, some of them about Britt And now the way that this is gonna work, is Britt. We're going to ask you the questions and you have to answer them knowing or trying to figure out what you think would have been Ben's answer, what he would have said. Got to get these correct.
Speaker 4: Okay, your mind is pretty six.
Speaker 5: We're seeing how connected you we want you to get. We want you to get one hundred percent correct, but if you get around eighty percent, will give you the weekend away.
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe I'm very concerned about this.
Speaker 3: So this doesn't just have to be like what might be the truth for you, it's how you think Ben would answer these questions.
Speaker 5: Now set up for those who don't know, you haven't seen each other in five months, you reunited this week, yesterday? How long have you been together in full?
Speaker 4: A year and a half, fish year and a half, so you.
Speaker 2: Should really know the ins and outs of each other's.
Speaker 3: The reality is when you do a long distance relationship, you've only got those short bursts where you actually like can be physical together. So the rest of your relationship you should be talking, so you should know everything that there is a rule about each other.
Speaker 5: So if we said he's Britt shaved, you haven't seen her in four months, you would know it could be different.
Speaker 2: Could we have enough?
Speaker 7: And is she.
Speaker 4: Then I'm lazy?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, this is going to go break.
Speaker 2: Let's go Laura. Would you like to kick off the questions? We asked Ben while Britt wasn't in the room.
Speaker 3: All right, Britt? Question number one? What is your favorite meal? Fine?
Speaker 2: Carbonar?
Speaker 4: He would have said fini cab his version.
Speaker 7: This is what Ben says, uh pasta carbara?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Correct, next week, Britt? What would Ben say if we asked him who is the funniest?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 3: I reckon?
Speaker 1: He would every part of him want to want to say that he is. But I think he's going to say I am Britt.
Speaker 7: BRIT's funnier. She thinks she's funny, but I'll give her that.
Speaker 3: Bang on exactly.
Speaker 2: All right, We're off to a good start here.
Speaker 3: What sport did Britt play as a teenager? Professional sport that she often talks about? Please, I don't even know he's talking about. I played heaps of professional sports, the one that you set records for that you often bring up, the Resustralian champion whatever. Yeah, Oh, there we go. She knows he didn't. He doesn't know. I can tell what is it?
Speaker 4: What he would have no idea here.
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Did you get it?
Speaker 2: This is what Ben had to say, But I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think you have something to do with running. I'm not sure that sprinting not giving you.
Speaker 4: That that is the answer, and that is really bad.
Speaker 1: The answer bodyboarding like surfing, Like that's not like.
Speaker 3: Surfing, it's bording.
Speaker 1: I say every time I say body boarding, people think I mean bodybuilding.
Speaker 4: So I have to then say like surfing. Okay, next question you I have told you that so many times. I'm off that it's.
Speaker 7: Hard to relate when you got bodyboarding in Switzerland, nobody's ever heard.
Speaker 4: You don't have to know it.
Speaker 2: You just have to remember it is European. It's hard if it was snow skiing or.
Speaker 3: If it was cow I mean more so, that was just like you got one question wrong. Are you guys gonna be okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're all right.
Speaker 3: Next time you can redeem yourself with.
Speaker 2: This, okay. Next one is who said I love you? First?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Just try and what would Ben say?
Speaker 7: Try and think of what I I know.
Speaker 4: What it's going to be me on a technicality, it.
Speaker 5: Was me what Ben said she did on radio with you yes, that's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it wasn't a declaration. Sorry, it was lipped out.
Speaker 7: I take it.
Speaker 2: We'll give it to them, all right.
Speaker 3: Who is BRIT's celebrity doppelganger Megan Fox?
Speaker 5: Locking in Meghan Fox? This is what Ben had to say, tell you what.
Speaker 6: We talked about this with my teammates. Actually they came up with some good suggestions which I all forgot. But I think she's got a bit of Megan Fox, but early Meghan Fox, not not the strange version of her now, so the transformer Meghan Fox.
Speaker 1: I just want it on record, as flatter as it, as flattered as I am.
Speaker 4: I don't see myself as Megan Fox. I don't see the resemblance.
Speaker 1: But the fact that you and your teammates think that, I'm just gonna write, don't question.
Speaker 5: Next one, we asked Ben what is Britt's birthday?
Speaker 4: Twenty first of August. He would have got it. He loves me, I think, and if he didn't, there's such big trouble off it.
Speaker 7: I am jet like, I'm awfully chetlos.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you didn't get my birthday, Ben, If you didn't get my birth he's tired yeah, surely not surely this is what Ban had to say.
Speaker 7: August twenty first, I think, yeah.
Speaker 3: So I knew he.
Speaker 2: Got it. All right.
Speaker 3: For the very last question for the weekend away for a celebratory, beautiful weekend together on us, who is the breadwinner in your relationship?
Speaker 1: I don't think you would have answered that, would you, Ben? I don't think he would disclose out forced me to finance. Okay, I know what he would say, knowing this is going to go on radio and you guys will never off it's the truth or not.
Speaker 4: I think that he would say that.
Speaker 2: I was for the weekend away.
Speaker 3: I reckon because I think you'd Yeah, I think you'd say that, and I'm not going to tell you guys to put the truth on it.
Speaker 2: We have access to your nav bank accounts so we.
Speaker 3: Can verify she's with ing I know that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so rich, she's with west Peak, she's with Westy And all right, Ben.
Speaker 2: Said, I don't know.
Speaker 6: We're both doing well, so it's not a competition, but competition is good.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: For now, let's break, which actually means maybe Britt to just pay for this weekend away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can cover it, Mane.
Speaker 1: You get to make me pay for my own prize. Anyway, that's not even the truth, or maybe it is.
Speaker 3: You'll never know. You did surprisingly exceptionally well at this When we played this game at my hen's party, my husband Matt got most of the questions wrong.
Speaker 5: And we are so happy for you guys. Have a great weekend away. Oh god, they're going to kiss.
Speaker 2: Do on the mic. We love you guys, congratulations, and we don't have to go to break.
Speaker 3: We've got the end of the show. Now we're out of here.
Speaker 2: We're done. Yeah, oh god, they're getting undressed here in the right.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you guys missitting the show you want to catch up, you can listen to it wherever you listen to your podcast to pick up.
Speaker 2: Goodbye, oh my, it's massive. I will see you tomorrow.