Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: Now McDonald's to say, now, Flex, Now, Flex, I want to give you a relationship advice dilemma that's been sent in.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to hear it.
Speaker 1: It is by sent in by a man about his girlfriend and McDonald's. I'm just gonna launch right into it.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: My girlfriend asked me to pick up McDonald's tonight. I ordered everything correctly, but they forgot to give us sweet and sour sauce for chicken nuggets. Anyways, that's a rare thing.
Speaker 3: I fee like they're always giving too much sweet and sour sauce. But I digress.
Speaker 1: You didn't grow up in the early two thousands. Going to Berwin McDonald's in Melbourne. Anyways. I get home, she opens the bag and goes through everything and finds out there's no sweetened soeur sauce for her chicken nuggets. She flies off the handle and tells me that I'm always screwing things up and how much I'm such a dumb ass and a total piece of and that I shouldn't then that I should have checked the bag. This petty argument goes on for another fifteen minutes and evolves into her now denying me my food because she didn't get.
Speaker 3: Petty argument for real argument. I'm scared.
Speaker 1: I'm at my breaking point with her, and I feel like one day I'm just gonna lose my shit because she's been verbally and emotionally abusive towards me for months, and I don't know how much longer I can take it too long. Don't read GF didn't get her dipping sources, blame me for it, called me as many names as she could, and then tried to deny me food.
Speaker 3: I hate, no, I don't hate to be that person. We have to normalize breaking up with people number one, and we also to normalize bailing when things get too hard. Let's bring that energy into twenty twenty three. Too many of you are in struggle dynamics, struggle situations. Relieve yourselves. I know there's nothing worse than ordering food from McDonald's, KFC, Hungry Jack's, a Porto Nandos and having it be incorrect. But if someone's gone on an errand for you expect a twenty percent margin of error, it's gonna happen. Something's gonna go wrong. If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself. You send it someone on an errand just be grateful that they've got the food back to you on time. I'm always super like, weirded out, super spooked by people in verbally and physically abusive relationships because young people especially, we've been learning, we've been we've been talking on the sidelines about how we do relationships better and how we're more progressive and more able to yaddy addy, yadyaddy dadda, And now this it has to stop. Cut her loose, still her sources.
Speaker 1: I hope that for his sake, he actually did get the sources, but just hoarded them so that he has a way to break up with that abusive person. Abuse is never okay. Verbal abuse is just as bad as any other time.
Speaker 3: Situation does not call for it. It's a bit of sauce. Yes, the meal would be better with it, But is it worth like traumatizing someone?
Speaker 1: Actually, now that I think about it, eating chickennugts without any kind of sauce is.
Speaker 3: A great experience.
Speaker 1: It's horrible. Oh, actually, like I just probably throw it out, so I probably am more in her camp. I think I am prone to get violent.
Speaker 3: Well, let's bring back brawls. In twenty twenty three. No, let's keep that inside take it out. So we did say, okay, wait, wait, wait, so Frumi is motioning for Brook to take out what she's just said. However, no less than a couple hours ago, Frumi made her radio news resolutions, in which she said that she would stop taking things back after she said so, but also gave herself five opportunities this year to take something back. Would you like to use one of them?
Speaker 1: Look, I won't, but I just want to prefer saying I was saying that completely as a joke, and I would never you are a comedian, true. I mean, as we know, sometimes sometimes things don't land, so we'll keep it in in the spirit of learning.
Speaker 3: Rip you've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 1: For more, tune in Decater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.