Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: If you've been looking for fun, new, fresh, creative ways to break up with someone, I have answers for you. Have these been tried and tested by myself?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Not entirely, but if someone with a track record of breaking up I should be keeping my How do you say repertoire.
Speaker 1: Up to date?
Speaker 4: I think you're giving yourself juju to be broken up with. Everyone should be broken up with, but you've never been. No, Oh, you're missing out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, saying the depth.
Speaker 4: Of emotion unmatched.
Speaker 2: Everyone should experience the highs and lows of all romance and love for the full depth of the human experience.
Speaker 4: Wow, are you the same person that says you don't feel true lov until we have a baby?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, good?
Speaker 1: Did you feel that for me?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Ugh?
Speaker 1: Any listen to this.
Speaker 5: I once stated someone who, instead of breaking up with me, was like, let's not talk for six weeks and see if we miss each other. And I was like, okay, sure. And then at the end of six weeks we met up and I was like, I missed you, and they were like I didn't break up. Still on and I wish I could say that I was young and stupid but I was thirty one.
Speaker 1: Can I read out some of the comments? Would that be appropriate?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 1: Grape thirty one is practically a baby. You were innocent, thank you. Honestly, when they need space, it's over agree or disagree pretty much. Agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah this is wrong. But I understand this person because sometimes I need time to process.
Speaker 1: But six weeks is way too long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is legit a thing that a therapist recommended me doing. Sometimes you don't really want to break up, but just needs space.
Speaker 1: It's not manipulative.
Speaker 4: What do you think six weeks of space is? You know, I love doing my numbers. Oh yeah, that's like one, it's like eleven. Whatever. It's a long time of the year. Hang, it's longer than a month. Ye, not as long as two months exactly. A baby groes from here to hear time, you know what I mean? Yeah, I agree that if someone is asking for space, it's usually like seventy percent on the way to the breakup. But I do think sometimes you need space to know what you're missing. We know over it, we know people who've broken up slept with other people then realize, wait, the grass wasn't greener.
Speaker 2: What if you're just having like a hard time at work, like you're waking. Our life is getting a bit too hectic. You're like, I'm just frazzled.
Speaker 1: I just need a couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but a couple weeks, it di just six weeks.
Speaker 1: Okay, Fine.
Speaker 2: Look, all I'm saying is everyone advocates for open communication, honest, raw, real, and then we're getting it and it's not hitting well. So let's bring back dishonest, passive, ambiguous.
Speaker 4: Authenticity inside yeah, yea, yeah, yeah, inside your body.
Speaker 1: Let's live life like it's a movie.
Speaker 4: I want to live. We're dancing.
Speaker 2: The reason why I say that something about that is striking a chord with me, like I feel like I resonate.
Speaker 1: With that is because, as someone who.
Speaker 2: Is mostly an over communicator, mostly I'm trying to like overcorrect and not communicate, just like for my mental health.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Fester, just fester, I know.
Speaker 1: But for someone who.
Speaker 2: Has like tried really hard to like be really articulate and find all the right words and like say the right thing to make somebody understand, it gets to a point where you're like, I don't have any more words, and I've definitely taken the role of like over communicator and like leader in the dynamics, Like you know some relationships, like somebody is like leading and somebody is following. All in Bunny Rabbits, by the way, but it just often feels like someone is almost like directing or like steering the direction of this ship. And I felt like in one rekup, I just wanted to like, let's share this role. You know, I'm having to do with my stuff, your stuff, the relationship stuff, like I'm waiting on you. And so there was a situation where I'm like, if you don't come with a solution, I'm not participating, you know what I mean, Like I'm waiting on you. So until you come with a solution to this issue we've been having, like I'm not gonna do I can't do the day to day because like I'm not over this thing and you want me to fix it and it's not even my shit, do you know what I'm saying. So at that point I was like, until you can come and be an active participant that I'm not playing house with you, Like go to your own space, do your own shit, and then we'll reconvene.
Speaker 4: It took two weeks and then.
Speaker 1: Oh, then I broke up with them.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the TikTok comments don't lie. It's true, But I feel like not that you should jump for the gun and assume that every time someone needs space means it you're gonna break up. But I think it's really interesting to look at how adults cry for help and how sometimes you can be really dismissive of the way someone's like just begging for acknowledgment, begging for you you to just like swoop in and save them. And if you miss the opportunity once, it's really hard to humble yourself twice.
Speaker 4: It is hard. I hate to humble myself. Yeah, and sometimes it's easy to quit, quit the relationship. Yeah, you don't want to live with the gret slough. I'll like to just crank it until it's over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it is true that you know, you know how like they're a friends who are.
Speaker 1: Going through perpetual relationship issues. We like babes.
Speaker 2: I've heard this too many times in too many ways, and I heard this bit of advice. I don't know what you call it, but you can't tell someone to do anything when they're not done. And everybody knows when you've hit your own personal like level of being done. That's how I feel in these like break up break situations. You're not done yet, and so you're trying to reconcile with yourself, like I give myself two weeks, three weeks, four weeks, then I'll know. And sometimes you never figure it out. You have to jump the gun and just break up because you're like, I don't know, and it's not fair to drag someone along with you, right breaking up.
Speaker 4: We talk about this stuff in such like conceptual terms, but I just had this feeling of like, actually breaking up with someone is so awful for life, terrifying. It's like losing someone that you're with all the time. It's so horrible. But because it's like dating, we add this kind of like fun element to it and there's like a lot of discourse around it. It's actually horrible. It's a horrible lifestrepping thing. I mean, anyone who's gone through a breakup right now will say, but it's been a while for me, and yeah, sorry for you're going through that.
Speaker 2: And you know, like we all know how terrifying is because how many of us are refusing to do friend breakups.
Speaker 1: Letting them linger. It's about to be twenty forty five. I'm not saying anything.
Speaker 4: I think it's better to let them linger. Yeah, let them slow fade. Oh it's also ugly.
Speaker 1: It's also ugly, but also like, it takes a lot of sensitivity to let.
Speaker 4: Slow fad.
Speaker 2: Because if you really put you put your booty into it. You can be harsh, you can be callous, you can be cruel, but.
Speaker 4: People will always remember it. Sometimes you got to think about, like, how is this what's more important to me? Being right or being.
Speaker 1: Like consider it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, or like every ruining someone's self confidence. Friendship breakups hit different for me.
Speaker 1: I mean they all hit terribly. Pick one. Which one would you prefer?
Speaker 4: I prefer a relationship breakup? Thet a friend breakup?
Speaker 1: How close to a friend?
Speaker 4: Speak to me? You speak to me another day.
Speaker 1: Don't say these.
Speaker 2: Things anyway, Let's not I mean no, I stand by what I said before.
Speaker 1: I really am excited. But I told you in my poetry era, my.
Speaker 2: Didn't we have this conversation? No far anyway, my poetry poetry?
Speaker 4: Poet?
Speaker 1: How you say it poetry? Why is there a W when I say that poetry?
Speaker 4: It's like if you say fork so many times as starts making sense, you say the word fork. No fork, poetry poetry, he said, poetry, poetry.
Speaker 1: That one's good.
Speaker 4: No, Brook said poetry. Becky poetry, poetry, poetry, poetry.
Speaker 1: I hear a w How good?
Speaker 4: Am I like listening to accents and doing them again? Say something and I'll do it poetry poetry? Was that good?
Speaker 1: Actor?
Speaker 4: Anyway, Guys, I'm writing a screenplay. So if someone works at Warner Bros.
Speaker 2: Like oh, okay, so in my poetry era, because I'm having beef with communication broadly, I'm just getting really bored of like us or having to speak the same language and not understand each other.
Speaker 1: It's again, it's grating me.
Speaker 2: Even I keep having conversations where I'm like, I'm using all the words and you're not understanding, so let's stop talking.
Speaker 1: Just stop talking to me, please.
Speaker 2: But then I was like, poetry is so special because it takes these really basic concepts right and then puts you get all these flowery words and then you make it sound like so complex.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: I think that's bad poetry. Actually, no, don't say bad poetry. Good poetry just is. But anyway, we'll talk more about it later because it's changing my life.
Speaker 4: Flex ands flex and frimes cater never miss a beat. I want to know, flex y, do you have a will?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: Are you thinking of getting one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? For sure? But I don't want to keep updating it between now now and when?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 4: What do you mean by that?
Speaker 2: I don't want to be taken out anytime soon? So maybe preparing the wills preparing for the worst. But I guess like even six year olds.
Speaker 1: Would say that.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, And that's life. That is part life. It is unfortunately unfortunately. So you haven't worked out your will. I haven't done mind, but I don't really have any like concrete assets that need to be.
Speaker 1: What do you want to pass down?
Speaker 4: It cannot go my hair dryer. If I only had a dicent air RUP.
Speaker 1: Might be listening.
Speaker 4: I had.
Speaker 1: It's a good thing to think about.
Speaker 4: Why I have been thinking about digital legacy. So one thing that you can pass down is the access to your digital accounts.
Speaker 1: Keep my dms away from Yes, you haven't thought of now, I haven't.
Speaker 4: Well, Meta have done it so on Facebook I did this easier. I set up years ago where you can add a person to take over your Facebook when you die. So I've put my friend Madison on there so in.
Speaker 1: The awful event event untimely.
Speaker 4: Death, eventuality, she can always take over the account, and says in memoriam loosened Price.
Speaker 1: It's a very.
Speaker 2: Thoughtful thing to do, because I can imagine, generally speaking, it would be quite difficult to get access to any of that stuff. I mean, it's hard enough to get into your own accounts when you're alive and you have all the information, literally, all the emails, all the passwords, and it's still like two factor authentications like not correct today.
Speaker 1: It is an interesting thing to think about because last week I.
Speaker 2: Spoke about the fact that all this digital stuff, your photos and your docs and your passwords are saved in the cloud. But the cloud is still a physical space, like a place with servers that need electricity to pump it. So you know, it's bad for the environment. And so when all these people start dying piling up over the next couple decades, we're still storing that data. We're still holding onto them because no one prepares to die, well not no one, but the majority of us don't prepare to die, and so we're not like getting recycling that information or getting rid of it in an environmentally friendly way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is going to happen with that?
Speaker 1: We should figure that out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, can we get a cloud expert on the Showbrook, We're gonna get a cloud expert, not serious.
Speaker 2: Clouds, cloud recyclers, because the same way we're running out of the same way most like Western places have run out of space for burial plots and graves, and so you know that's why cremation heaps popular. It's gonna happen with storing a physical storing your like digital storage or maybe just get really expensive. It's going to cost you like hundreds of dollars to store your stuff in the cloud, I hope.
Speaker 4: So then we get some impetus to try and clean out the cobwebs.
Speaker 1: So only then will you start trying this recycle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, recycling only goes run way flex and frooms. They're the best.
Speaker 1: I will say that we are here to change your life. Usually it's with.
Speaker 2: Nonsensical half jokes and am I the assholes? Maybe some dating dilemmas, But here we are taking a page out of the Instagram therapist's book and we're saying, yeah, maybe it does help to drink water.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe you shouldn't eat a twigs right before you have to go on air for two hours.
Speaker 2: Maybe you know, maybe you should sleep and wake up, you know, as the sun wakes up too.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: But one thing that has been hitting is journaling. I know you're thinking, I'm over at babes. I don't want a journal I don't want to do affirmations neither. I don't either, And to that, I say, why don't we try things more than once to determine if we do or don't like not into it.
Speaker 4: It's like writing an essay and then having to look at it again. Ye, but you don't have to look at it. It's just to get the thoughts out on paper. But I did come across a video on Zuckerberg's Internet that was actually quite helpful, And I think I won't be doing it personally because I've mastered traditional journaling before you little freaks and novices who'd like some additional help. This is an activity that you know might be a winner for you. Oh, I'm excited play it.
Speaker 6: Detail introducing my brand new idea, the Piggybank Method, journaling without a journal, because that's scary. Comparison kills creativity, and if you have you in order, that might be stopping you from feeling like you can make mistakes. Instead, go to Goodwill and get a piggybank, keep it in your room, and instead of putting money in it, put journal entries in it. No matter where in the world you are, if you have the urge to journal, grab a piece of paper nearby, a pencil and start writing and put the little date at the top. Put it in a safe space until you come back to your piggy bank and you can put all your journal entries in there. Once you fill up this piggy bank, smash it, buy a real journal. Since you put all the dates in the corner, you can tape all in order, or you can just shrut them. I don't know. Remember, journaling is an activity, not a result.
Speaker 1: What come on? Now, that's sick. That's creative, It's very creative. That's why are you frowning?
Speaker 4: I just like just the thought of then having to seefe through it, Like writing a journal is already a pain in the s then having to smash it. You know, it's more money, but what is the.
Speaker 1: Pain about it?
Speaker 4: The pain about it is. I recently started in the notes app.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 4: That's easy because I've been doing about my dreams. So I wake up. As soon as I wake up, I ride all the dreams down. It gets the brain working having loose pieces of paper. I just what if? Okay, what if a thief comes to your house?
Speaker 2: Okay, DJ roll the tape cat Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 4: What the frick? On February three, we are doing a live show recording. Thanks to Specsavors. It's called Always Sonny. We can be out on a barge on Sydney Harbor having fun, doing lasts.
Speaker 2: Okay, a luxury vessel it's called the Eyelight. To say, it's similar to a yacht without any of the walls.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't think you els have wolves, pape have wolves. Anyway, we are giving some people VIP tickets. That is them and a friend with drinks, fun, friends and laughter. We're gonna be now calling a woman called Camille. She's a nurse. Let's see if she's on shift? Hello? Hi is that Camille?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how are ya good?
Speaker 1: How's the girling?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 4: No? You do you recognize his voice.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 4: I thought that was a bit touching.
Speaker 1: Go for a second there, How are you.
Speaker 4: Familiar at work right now? I am?
Speaker 3: Actually, let's not.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's just pretend that she's on a paid lunch break.
Speaker 4: We're so excited because we were applied to come along to our island, our live recording, and I'm pleased to say you have VIP tickets.
Speaker 3: Shut up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you no, God, It's gonna be super hot and sexy.
Speaker 2: All the best people are coming. I'm obsessed. I will say, though, got a quick question for you. When you picked up the phone, you didn't say your name. Is that because you don't what the scammers to know who you are?
Speaker 6: Honestly?
Speaker 3: You know caller ID?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Usually my mom, So like, hello, okay, that's good to know.
Speaker 3: I didn't mean to sound rude. I was just like hello, No, I love it.
Speaker 4: I do the same thing, don't you worry. So you are a registered nurse and you work with anethetists, like in the anethetizing place. Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Like I've personally been under anesthesia a few times in my life, and I always am scared when I come to because I've been known in the past to like say things and not realize what I'm saying. Are you with people after they come out of anesthesia?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah, from start to finish. Oh my god, we send them off to recovery.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So what do they say when they come out of it? Anything funny?
Speaker 3: It's nothing. They don' actually don't say much because they're that doped up. It's more like how they react. It's more like the young ones mostly that they tend to fight fight you. So a couple of young guys have thrown punches here and there, but it's it's like it's very common though. It's so common, and like with like young teenage boys after an anesthetic. It's interesting though.
Speaker 1: This is a good insight. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, the job's pretty chill. We literally just knock you guys out and then we just hang around until the surgery is done and then wake you up.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How many years unied is that?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: It's a three year course.
Speaker 4: It's not bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not bad at all.
Speaker 1: So yeah, flex and froomes.
Speaker 3: It's better than the It's definitely better than the warld.
Speaker 2: Oh literally, well, thank you for sharing that gossip. I love being on the inside of all things secret. We will see you seb third, bring your best energy and your comprehension. Hat it's going to be a loose day.
Speaker 3: I am so excited. Thank you so much for this opportunity.
Speaker 1: You're the best Babean.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: What a polite queen. Nah obsess very exciting. So that's coming up on feb third. Flex ands Flex and frames cater never miss a beat. I have found a Wiki how article of how to get her girlfriend. As you know, I love Wiki How's place to learn new skills. It's also a comedic gold mine, some would say, and that's really great when you are a struggling comedian.
Speaker 1: Are you a struggling comedian?
Speaker 4: Don't put that out out, you know when you say you're meant to be the comedian? Yeah, because I just sometimes don't give It's okay, It's all right, okay. Flex wanted me to do an Instagram pole saying do people think I'm an influencer?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Really quick cavea and I know we need to we need to maintain not going on tangents. But Summy is convinced that she's not perceived as an influencer, and I just feel like two things can be true. She could not be an influencer and be perceived as one, like an alternative one alternative influencer. Yeah, like off the caff.
Speaker 4: That'd be a really good name for a movie that I should write.
Speaker 1: Because I'm a poll Okay, pleasantly surprised.
Speaker 2: I mean knowing what's the opposite of that? I unpleasantly surprised. But as you were saying, WICKI how how to get a girlfriend?
Speaker 4: I'm ready how to get a girlfriend? I'm going to read you out some of the tips. You tell me yes or no, if it'll work. Number one, look your best.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, let's bring back superficiality because a few you've gotten too comfortable with just being your cells where you came out, and it.
Speaker 1: Hasn't worked for that reason.
Speaker 4: F instance, peaking something like a concert T shirt and jeans, a button up shirt and car keys, or leather and denim. If you're more effeminate, you might pick parcels or floral prints. Who's writing this practice good hygiene, yes, but I will say some people like the smell of pheromones.
Speaker 2: Having pheromones doesn't mean you're not don't have a good hygiene. I will say last year twenty two, I did make the pledge to stop arguing people about hygiene on the internet. So I feel like I can't weigh in.
Speaker 4: On this rip to the shared toothbrush. Yeah, never forget. Never do fund activities or a hobby so seem interesting. There's a picture of a man with a guitar. I'm gonna say it's giving. No, what are your hobbies personal?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Rollerblating? Do you want?
Speaker 1: I mean, how did you listen to quiver?
Speaker 4: I think I was thinking to snarl.
Speaker 1: Do you want to meet someone who also rollerblade?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: While you're rollerlady?
Speaker 4: Oh, I could, okay, men on rollerblades. It's great for his own activity, be comfortable being alone, se appear confident. I just agree to peer. That's all that matters. Ask your friends to introduce the girls I know dating within the friendship circle. Yes or no?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm back on it. Joe was off it briefly. I'm back on it.
Speaker 4: Join clubs or teams to meet girls at school. Let's take school out of it. I are briefly joined PCYC doing dodgeball. Oh, and I will say it's a hostyle environment, not conducive to dating. Stay away at tend events to meet more girls again.
Speaker 1: Get near it, get outside, getting near it. Absolutely, it's quite good.
Speaker 4: Get near it. Springs summer season twenty twenty. Still in it. Offer to help a girl with something that's a contentious one.
Speaker 2: This is a big one because I feel like everybody loves a helpful person. Make yourself an accessible pick up something for me.
Speaker 4: I guys did let us through the door earlier and push.
Speaker 1: It for us, so helpful, romantic, so hard.
Speaker 4: He didn't really seem to want the kudos. But anyway, try online dating for eighteen or older.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, I think you have to do it to not do it, So yeah, do it.
Speaker 4: Oh, I need to reactivate.
Speaker 2: I just think there's a there's a process, and if you're gonna opt out, here's the thing. I am not one of those people who believes that you can know something without doing it.
Speaker 4: Facts, try it before you buy it.
Speaker 1: Literally, So how can you be the most efficient dato if you don't date broadly? I don't know. Maybe you can.
Speaker 4: Maybe you can't give genuine compliments to girls who interest you. Yeah, nice tits, show off your sense of humor by telling that can't go on it. Can it?
Speaker 1: Everyone's loving it very I can't see.
Speaker 4: Please don't say that love. Show off your sense of humor by telling jokes and stories. Listen, don't be a joke.
Speaker 2: Agree, stop telling jokes. Definitely tell stories, but stop telling jokes. Mister dark humor somewhere is shaking.
Speaker 4: Make her feel special on the date by showing her attention. Reminds me if you're on a date, don't pick up the phone. Huh, yeah, it's happened to me.
Speaker 1: Wow, it was.
Speaker 4: Almost laughable at the time, though, Oh.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 4: Ask her to be your girlfriend in person when you feel ready. This is something that I will die on the hill of Okay, I need to be asked to be your girlfriend?
Speaker 1: Who's not asking?
Speaker 4: I've had to go to it out of people in the past.
Speaker 1: Naw it want to fall into it now.
Speaker 4: It's just like a weird It feels unnatural to ask, will you be my girlfriend?
Speaker 5: Mmm?
Speaker 1: No, go date some romantics, babe.
Speaker 4: Okay, finally text her to see if she'll be your girlfriend if you're shy. Oh, and the example is, these past few weeks have been amazing. Want to make it official and be my girlfriend? Oh, that's actually quite cute, and then finally stay calm and respect her feelings.
Speaker 1: If she says no, keep calm and carry on.
Speaker 4: Let's it carry on, king sutthing up from here.
Speaker 1: That was actually quite helpful.
Speaker 2: I think if you were reading that earnestly and applied some of those strategies that you get to go.
Speaker 4: From, oh, I'd be lapping that up because I was on the hunt for a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: That's on that You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune in to Kate on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.