Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hi can even welcome to a Christian O'Connell show right now. Then we're going to be taking your calls and stories. Who do you remember from school? Their full name and why If you've got a story about someone you remember from school, their full name and why, That's what I'm looking for. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: Christian.
Speaker 2: I remember Megan O'Neill from the eighties because of her boiled egg sandwiches she used to bring in a lot. You can handle the smell. That's from Jimmy. Two names from me that I'll always remember. One is Martin Taylor. This guy was legend in our school year, Martin Taylor, because we were covering the Second World War a history lesson once and we're talking about the death of Hitler, and our history teachers said, did any of us know how Hitler actually died? And Martin put his hand up straight away, which is all because he wasn't the sharpest kid in the year, was certainly not in our history lesson, and the teacher was really surprised. You know when those referred to you by your son name to be sarcastic. Ah, yes, mister O'Connell, someone to share with the classes it anyway, Ah, mister Taylor's got the answer, has he?
Speaker 3: Mister Taylor, how did Hitler die?
Speaker 2: And this kid Martin, I don't know what had been fed, what family like, said that he thought he actually said that his granddad Neil killed Hitler.
Speaker 3: And I remember the whole class, the whole class.
Speaker 2: The teacher was laughing so hard, right, he ketch on, he ketch on to get control of it. And then in the end he said, you can have to excuse me. He went off. He went off, walked outside in the corridor, just to try and recompose himself. That one of the lads in his lesson is his granddad killed Hitler, Neil granddad Neil killed Hitler. And the other one is another kid called Phil Norman, Phil Norman.
Speaker 3: And I remember that kid because so we used to have these.
Speaker 2: I don't think you would have had them, Jack, because you're a bit younger than Patsy, and Patsy you would have had it, Jim of the old sort of school boards that teach us to pull down, Yes, and they were just on a circular kind a thing like that, and then they'd get the the chalk rubber, rub it off if it still had like another teacher's lesson on there, and they'd write something new on there. Anyway, this kid, he was a hero status at our school, Phil Norman. He wrote on there, mister Saul, that was our French teacher, smells off, and then a really bad word for pooh rolled it back up right, So we were like, he's coming, mister Salt's coming.
Speaker 3: It's quite a stay of my school life. This mister is coming.
Speaker 2: Nothing happened, So it takes ages about it must be about ten long minutes before he goes, okay class right, goes to put it down, turns around, doesn't see what we see, which is mister Saul smells off.
Speaker 3: We're laughing. He looks around, goes he just loses it, just loses it. No one wants to.
Speaker 2: He demands that we give over the name we almost did a I'm smart because I'm SPoD, because I wants to give up the identity of the legend that will always be Phil Norman.
Speaker 3: Jack, do you remember from school.
Speaker 4: Yours the legendary ones mine are sad? I remember the ones that broke my heart Essentially, Zoey Harper was a girl I had a crush on. She gave everybody in the class a Christmas card. At the end of the year, all my friends Christmas cards were signed Love from Zoe, and I opened mind it just said from Zoe.
Speaker 2: Right, listen, you're a music man, Please put that to a song that's like the greatest Springsteen song that's never been written.
Speaker 3: From Zoe.
Speaker 2: Please, I'm going to commission you to make that song from Zoe that is so sad for me.
Speaker 3: Time of today's show is simply from Zoey.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, Jacob poor fIF how old are you when you got the from Zoe?
Speaker 3: I would have been ten stays, though it stays.
Speaker 4: The other one that I remember is Daniel Rogers. I went over to his house to play and he told me I was jealous of all his toys. And I didn't know what jealous meant, but I knew that I knew it thing bad.
Speaker 3: And then for the for the.
Speaker 4: Rest of the play date, there was just this weird energy you.
Speaker 2: I see sometimes the way you look at all the buttons I have on my sign, I think you are jealous. Actually, still to this day, Hello.
Speaker 3: Good Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast, Take Good Evening. This is to Christian O'Connell's show. We're talking at the moment about the kids. Do you remember from school? Their full name? And why there's sex and calls right now?
Speaker 5: Gerard, good evening, mate, how are you Christian house things.
Speaker 2: I'm good mate. I hope you've had a good week. Thanks for calling the show. So who do you remember from your school days?
Speaker 5: And why made had a good maiden primary school? Which really good mate with net with now he turned from Benny to Bennie Cleaber to because he was the man that decided that there was in grade six to climb the flag pole, got in a bit of trouble, come down pretty quickly and got caught at the bottom. Lots of screaming, lots of bits and pieces were a small primary school, lots of people come.
Speaker 1: Running around, and the legend was born. We basically saw too much of Benny basically, and then therefore that was the Benny Cleaver for Ben Clever.
Speaker 3: I get it now. The legend of Benny Cleaver was born in that moment.
Speaker 5: That is exactly right. And he hasn't improved much, but he's still Benny Cleaver.
Speaker 2: He's still wanver right, And did he injure himself? Did he have to go to hospital or anything? From the flagpole rapid ascent, he.
Speaker 5: Had several stitches. But you know, in grade six you thought I didn't really care about that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: I think that would have done.
Speaker 2: I think I would have done a Greade six actually, or any great year, to be honest.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast