Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free I Heart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Pats Morning, Good morning, Alex morning, Good morning Rio.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 1: What's going on with this? Sniffling?
Speaker 4: Oh? I know, Patsy, you've got it. Two out of Patty.
Speaker 5: Patsy stole Caitlin's tissues. Caitlyn is fuming about have.
Speaker 1: You got the because I know there's this awful flu going through Melbourne the moment or is it now? The seasons are changing, We're into September. Is it hay fey?
Speaker 5: I think it's hafey because the trees are starting to bloom there. There's stinky trees with the stinky leaves are starting to come out. One of those I don't know what they're called, but if you get too close trees, you'll know it's like this really awful, pungent smell.
Speaker 1: That would be pats.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I know flame trees are not good this time of year. But everything's itchy?
Speaker 1: My?
Speaker 4: Is it itchy?
Speaker 8: My?
Speaker 1: Is it? Tell you what? She'll realize that Melbourne is hay fever central.
Speaker 9: I used to yeah, I know, I used to hear about the pollen storms.
Speaker 4: The storm storms.
Speaker 1: So bad here.
Speaker 4: It's because it's the plane trees, those trees.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking the song flame, beautiful song.
Speaker 5: I swore it was free, which the government actually trying to get rid of.
Speaker 4: They're trying to get rid of.
Speaker 5: They there London, they're yours.
Speaker 1: Came up.
Speaker 10: They look at me and I didn't bring the trees with me seven years ago.
Speaker 1: They before I did. There a feral tree. I'm a feral humor. There's a whole load of animals here that people from the UK chucked it in this country as well well, like what what was that? Rabbits and otherwise.
Speaker 10: Yeah that's and the foxes get here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just rounded up the foxes. The two pound fox they can start a new life foxing it up in Australia. They haven't got any foxes. I don't know how they got them on the boat, right. They are really hard animals to sort of corral now, because you know why it sli Ma.
Speaker 11: Mamber.
Speaker 1: You come to them and talking about a boat that I ain't getting on that boat. I am not spending twenty four Well it's longer on the boat again, it's twenty three in the air. I am not spending several months on the boat just to go in that big hoss country. There's that bit in the middle. Too hot for a fox with this coat. Get out of here.
Speaker 9: That's a broading bigger dung beetles.
Speaker 12: I was reading at the Melbourne Museum as well, because of all the cow pats.
Speaker 1: That's right, yeah, you get that summing. This guy made a big.
Speaker 10: Arc, rounded up a load of beetles, animals and trees and then shipping the mere Before Border Force was a TV show. That's TV shows, you know.
Speaker 1: And that's why it's so tough now for everybody Border patrol, isn't it. Even if you live here and you're a resident here, why it's such a nightmare to get back into your own country. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had my shoes confiscated from Bali.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my god, when we were emigrating here. It's even worse because they know that you've been on that ground, not just like for a week or two on holiday. I remember, like they even examined like the tread on my mountain bike tires. Oh really, oh yeah yeah, and if they found a trace of it. They would destroy the bike to be destroyed.
Speaker 4: How do you destroy it?
Speaker 1: But it's just a lot and so just remember how stid it was. So do we think it's hay fever?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 4: I think it is. Yeah, it's we all have it. I reckon, it's he and.
Speaker 1: Tell me this right. So now we're in September, Does that mean that winter is officially over? Yes? Yeah? Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yes, first of September, first day of spring.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, great news. But apart from the pollen being.
Speaker 3: Here Christian Connell's Show Gone podcast.
Speaker 1: Good Morning to Peterstone. Christian foxes were introduced in Victoria in the mid eighteen hundreds, along with rabbits, hares, deer and others. So that's seven mids eighteen hundreds. The only way they could have got here is on a boat. What was the first What was the Wright brothers nineteen oh five? Two three three? Where is it we should put on? Was hear? My friend?
Speaker 4: They were the flying They were the people who invented the plane.
Speaker 1: Yes, you have been able to get it. No, it wasn't until nineteen oh three. So the only way you get he was a boat rounding them all up in some sort of English arc. Yeah, Hairs, Foxes, the Convictoration, I actually horrible thing. I think you're rats, going to get the rats? Of course it brings the rats, the worst ones. The play rats over here as well. All right, let's talk about today's Yesterday. Every Tuesday on the show, we ask you your Monday winner or loser and why text me and let's know which way you are seven five three, one oh four three Patsy, did you win yesterday or night?
Speaker 3: Did no?
Speaker 7: I had a big win yesterday, so I wanted to get my nails done. Hadn't made an appointment and a lot of places now drop in drop out, but if you come in without an appointment sometimes it's quite a weight. Well, I didn't have an appointment and my lady Jess was free, so walk straight in and sit right down. Had them done in out in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 6: It was fantastic.
Speaker 1: Now tell me this. Do you normally get it done on a Monday? My wife does too. Yesterday wasn't her nails, it was lash Monday.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, because it's quieter on a Monday. I find it's quiet. I like to don't go at the end of the week.
Speaker 6: It's too busy.
Speaker 4: Everyone's getting there a weekend.
Speaker 1: It's always on. It's a maintenance monday.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 1: If I can't get hold of her, I know she's in a chair somewhere being a tender tossing done.
Speaker 11: She often will.
Speaker 1: Call me from there, but because it's her lashes being done, her eyes are glued shut or something. So you're on speaker phone and I'm sorry, dearie, I didn't get your name. Yes, okay, ma Lee is as dodge your number? Please don't swear you're on speaker phone. I already start swearing, just to upset. He's been silly, he's been sick. I can't open acause they're glue.
Speaker 4: Is that why you're walking around barefoot yesterday, Patsy.
Speaker 7: I wasn't walking around barefoot, it was it was raised in the post show meeting yesterday.
Speaker 6: You know what happened.
Speaker 1: I wore the middle Earth was out, That's what they called that when the team went One of her toes is real monkey as well.
Speaker 6: I slipped on my slip ons yesterday, right, and I have.
Speaker 7: Just real I haven't worn them since Christmas when we went on holidays, and I forgot there was standing them because I wore them to the.
Speaker 6: So I had standing between my Oh gosh, I forgot.
Speaker 1: No it's not it's just dead skin. Don't you blame it on some beach.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 13: It is.
Speaker 6: What what's wrong with slides?
Speaker 4: Just like not thongs?
Speaker 6: No, they were a nice leather slides, thank you very much. Minus thank you.
Speaker 1: A nice leather slide, the Gucci slide, thank you, fly.
Speaker 6: But I forgot and I obviously hadn't cleaned all.
Speaker 7: You know, sand gets everywhere, doesn't It gets everywhere?
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 6: It's like glitter. You can get rid of it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to have to pass on you all here. No slide during the show. I'm going to be covered.
Speaker 6: I'm going to flout that every single day.
Speaker 1: We can't have Middle Earth in your hoos out otherwise the rest of the team and very much Monday looters, I'm going to clear off my between my toes of mangy. Anyway, guys, will we go on to my.
Speaker 6: Shows pedicures very much.
Speaker 1: And you are flossing things on the teeth, I'm just gonna put it with my toest. Can someone strap that up? Actually produces there's some toe jam on the floor now, terrible mural that is now team. What do you know about I went to pick up some carpet samples yesterday. My wife go, oh, well, that's just kicking girls, because I guess my wife is getting Chris. Can you go to Brownwells please? And I don't even know what that is a carpet place. You know we've got our carpets from them over the last couple of years. Went have we I just need to pick up some samples. They know you're coming, are going there, and there are these carpet samples, and then they make a terrible error. They started to give me extra ones and go look, I know your wife, Sarah called it head. She wanted this one, this one. We've chuch an extra couple ones. What do you think of these? Well? What are you doing? I said, it's irrelevant, it's irrelevant what I think. I said, don't ever ask me that ever again. It's a waste of my time and a waste of yours. I said, I do have a preference, but and I shed it with my wife later and she went, that's wrong. I mean somehow suspected that's right.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you could have a wrong preference.
Speaker 1: No, you can't, because you know what, it's not my wife. Anyway. When I go into this this harp it showroom, right there is a dog of that make and model I've never seen before. Beautiful old thirteen year old dog called Bert. I reckon. He's hired in as a sales ploy. Like you come to Pat Burke next. You know you've got a new carpet, great genius technique. Anyway, he's I said, oh my god, what a beautiful dog. They said, he's an Ossie Shepherd dog. Now I really missed. We had a German Shepherd dog. It got very ill suddenly last year and we actually put down. I really miss having a proper, proper dog. A German Shepherd dog is a dog. We have this toy poodle that is not a dog. It's a cat with an attitude problem that I'm expected to walk. And I miss my dog, a proper dog shaped dog. And I saw Bert and I came down close to kidnapping him and just picking up the cards. And I buy the carpets. Ozzie Shepherd dog, Do you know much about them? And they high maintenance. This is a beautiful looking.
Speaker 3: Breed, gorgeous.
Speaker 6: What color are they again?
Speaker 1: It was a kind of a light brown, ready shadow, almost safe like honey, golden.
Speaker 6: God and longed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, beautiful coat on him. Bert, beautiful dog. So anyway, I did what we all do are quickly googled OSSI dogs. First video I come to is this one.
Speaker 2: This is Olympus, my asteroid and Chappard through the craziness of raising him for five years. Now, I've learned that these dogs aren't what most people think. I mean, there's a reason why they're infamously called ossholes.
Speaker 1: Maybe not my next dog and oshole great term of abuse bottle. It's a new swear word I'm going to use. It's incredible. But if anyone has one of these dogs an osshole and shoved all, please warn me off if they're a bad idea, because Bert is obviously a thirteen year old, well behaved one. But really, now, I haven't got the time and energy finally become an empty nester to take on something which is probably worse than a top in terms of training one for the next two or three years. It's like, I can't be doing that.
Speaker 4: You can't be dealing with osholes?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Can you just buy dogs at five when someone else's house train them like a pre trained one. If anyone let me know about these dogs, please let me know. Fall seven five three one O four three The.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Every Tuesday, play a game what's the year? My friend? The team trying to take each other on. We go through movies, TV shows, songs and like everyone does these days when you try and guess what, Oh my god, how old is this? When did this come out? You know what? I realized the other day? What was on stan? I was trying to find someone to watch and they're not watching Chopper again? Ah yeah, yeah, Eric Banner, Eric Banner are just like twenty five or thirty years old. Now, wow, it's come back quite a few years. So all right, let's get into Uh, this week's what's the year? My friend?
Speaker 4: Do you know what they released?
Speaker 8: Free Willis it eighty nine one three? Or when did I don't record life for brands? I'm not very good with taste? Does anybody they know what's the year?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 9: What's the year?
Speaker 4: My friend?
Speaker 1: Al Right? Perhaps alex Rio, are you ready to play what's the year?
Speaker 4: Ready to do it?
Speaker 1: Okay, big movie? But when legally Blonde? You could you have something on the floor and I need to pick up so you.
Speaker 14: Ben and yeah, oh my god, the bending snap works every time.
Speaker 1: Huge movie for Reese Witherspoon.
Speaker 5: But when early two thousands, I'm gonna say two thousand and two.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say ninety eight.
Speaker 9: I'll say two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: On Everybody's Wrong, you only have by one year two thousand and one, two two thousands, almost four were legally Blonde. The movie was such a big hit, boosted law school applications by over thirty five percent. Wow, I love that. That was a big takeaway. All right, let's go to a song now, huge mega hit Careles Swiss. But George Michael just seventeen when he co wrote this with Andrew Ridgley.
Speaker 4: Seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, number one in twenty five country Slow. But what was the year Careless Whisper? Ninety four?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Yes, it wasn't even born.
Speaker 1: This should have been Passy's one.
Speaker 5: Was it really the nineties nineties, because it would have been after nineteen eighty four, I said.
Speaker 1: Nineteen. No, I just heard four, and that's for me. At least we now know when it was. Alex just said eighty four. You're quite an inkling in it. Yeah. I was a big Wham fan fan, had all the albums and amember the having this on vinyl on the B side was just an instrumental version of it. And I remember having an early almost girlfriend and she said, you know, maybe we'd work on the school project together and I could come back to your house after school. I didn't realize she actually did mean working school, so I said, I put some music on. She was like, fine, I put on the B side instrumental. She packed up a school bag and said, actually, I need to get home a smart girl. And then as I watched walk down out of my house and out of my life, effectively, I put that B side back on to be alone with the pain. Oh godly an.
Speaker 10: In the school project or what was it mean? Or was it the instrumental careless wisper I caught it to four on a Tuesday afternoon. We will never know. We were never the sliding doors moments of life eighteen. All right, let's go to this classic sick won the Great Modern Family, not a single bad episode, eleven seasons, and when it ended one of the best hair endings to a long running six Oh god. It was a couple of years before my wife and I became empty nesters, and I realized we've been watching this sitcom as our kids were getting older, and they were like the kids.
Speaker 1: That we've been watching. They were a couple of years away from moving, and they did it so beautiful, so touching. Last episode. Hard for long running sitcoms to end it right, Cheers did it brilliantly. Seinfeld, which is my number one favorite comedy, didn't end very well at all. But guys, Modern Family, when was it first launched?
Speaker 4: Eight?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: Well done? All right? What about this big Bangerson saw.
Speaker 6: This clicking other day? So it was she was American idol?
Speaker 7: Yep, yes, right here, Henry pat I'm gonna say twenty eleven, twenty.
Speaker 12: Eleven, I'll say twenty six Alex, twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: No, guys, you're way off seven. Oh it was two thousand and four.
Speaker 4: Who twenty years ago?
Speaker 1: Twenty one years old?
Speaker 5: Because she would have been the first American, I first American.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was huge. Yeah, this song since you've been gone? This play next was absolutely massive, wasn't it. Yeah, it's a it's a prince. I can't believe that's two thousand and four.
Speaker 6: Now she's got a talk show now, yes.
Speaker 1: That's very huge. All right, let's go. Now, let's end with a great movie. See a Laddie, Oh, Prince Sally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's been crap.
Speaker 4: Sesar salad, do bout.
Speaker 1: Ah a rade. This is a master class when when you can't see the greatness of Robin Williams, she's still he is the movie yeh to say as apparently yes, and improvised so much. There's sixteen hours of extra material.
Speaker 4: That must'a in the art.
Speaker 10: It's just like listen, just maybe a bit less sixteen how they should release it?
Speaker 1: Yes, eight movies work them just extra stuff. What was the year I can.
Speaker 7: Remember going to the cinema to say this? So I'm going to say mid nineties, and I'll give you a year. I'll say about that's the game night. Oh gosh, I'm just guessing ninety.
Speaker 1: Two and again guessing is part of the game. Ninety two They guessing for once in nineteen ninety two. Biggest grosser movie of nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Alex, you saw the Metal Detectorists then off Melbourne yesterday down the beach? I did? I saw two of them.
Speaker 9: I don't know if they were working in tandib or not.
Speaker 1: I don't think they are. I think it's a lone wolf activity, that is it. And they don't like it when when I'm walking a dog down the beach down in Soudringham and I see them. They don't like when they encroach on each other. It's like planes, we shouldn't get each other spaces. It can be the clanking of the detectoring or whatever in that thing.
Speaker 9: Are they covering each other's ground?
Speaker 1: Well, they're thinking if somebody else has missed something, and maybe I've got a deeper one that's right.
Speaker 9: Perhaps one had a shovel yesterday. I thought that was very impressive.
Speaker 1: They find it in that sound.
Speaker 12: Other than dog, he said, I found a lot of predecimal coins, Cord.
Speaker 9: You've had some pennies, did you, Champion.
Speaker 1: It always strikes me as quite a forlorn thing. They're expensive as well. Yeah, well they look expensive.
Speaker 12: And he had a really really flash one he had fixed to his arm and had a little screen on it. He had his little dog there as well, running around. That's what sort of caught my son's attention.
Speaker 9: Max.
Speaker 1: The mean age of those people, I'm saying middle age often with uns.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's it's a middle aged person. It's like when you look at your life and suddenly there's someone sort of in DNA that waits. Someone goes tied to Hendle the beach with a metal detector looking for a pre decimal coins. It's Monday. That's it, Maureen. I went back to a dark.
Speaker 13: And the stink on this beach as well where you were, Yes, an inaudible, the smell of Port Melbourne coming across. It's beautiful and all this seaweed just rotten and naked seagulls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the seaholders. This seaweed has all been dumped on the beach at the moment. It stinks. Yeah.
Speaker 12: And he told me that happens a lot, and I was like, oh, okay, yeah, it's going to clear up in a few days.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, thanks, that's great.
Speaker 9: But I don't know, I thought, is it is it worth doing this metal detectoring?
Speaker 1: I guess it's a hobby.
Speaker 9: Is it something that can earn you some I guess you get all the joy.
Speaker 1: If you find something. Yeah. In England though, what gives them hope here? Is it in England? Obviously? Under the ground there they have found like Roman coins and the high villages and ships and weapons. You're not going to get that hit. It is just going to be a good day. It's maybe pretty simple coin, it isn't the same. And this this is some Caesar found this today. There's a great British comedy called The Detectorists about two middle aged men Mackenzie Crook who was in the UK series of The Office Gareth and great with the chatter called Toby Jones. Is very very funny. It's about all right, we got some thank you to say here at the moment. The big thing that's are important in our hearts on the show and in lots of people's hearts as well. Thousands of you who who have donated for a really important charity called Backpacks for vic Kids. This charity exists for one thing, to give backpacks to these little children and were taken from a dangerous home situation, often in the middle of the night, for their own safety. They are when they're taken, they often have nothing on them or nothing with them, so they get them a backpack with a lot of the bear essentials in them. We've heard from people who had to give these backpacks. The reaction from these children is huge. Each backpack cost charity one hundred dollars, So anything you can donate with us ten dollars, twenty dollars, fifty cover an entire back paint one hundred dollars is amazing. The charity came to us three weeks ago asking for help because they just didn't have enough donations. The cost of living is so bad at the moment people aren't unable to donate to charities, not because they don't care, they're just not able to. It's been eight days, almost eight days that we've been fundraising with you guys, and it is amazing people to say it's up to one hundred and eighty seven thousand dollars. I got this email this was yesterday afternoon from Sally, who founded this charity in her kitchen. Christian and Melbourne had to rub my sleepy eyes a few times yesterday morning. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and tears world up. You've filled us with hope and determination. This campaign has now raised. This was yesterday about lunch Toto one hundred and eighty five thousand. That means at least one eight hundred kids eighteen hundred kids receiving the Essentials pack at a time when they Wally misneed some support. Thank you so much all the support. We cherish every dollar donated in this tough time. Thank you Melbourne, Thank you Gold, and thank you to everyone who's been donating from around the world as well. You rock. So if that's Sally rubbing her sleepy ears, poor old Mark who donated, listener Mark who donated, who was rubbing his sleepy ears. On Friday, Mark donated fifteen hundred dollars, and last week I was saying, if you donate one thousand dollars in your small business, we will give you a plug and Rio will make you a jingle to play out. Christian, thank you very much for the mention of my fifteen hundred dollars donation earlier. So this come from Mark, but I messed up the details for my donation. When you leave a donation, you can leave a message on that. Please let us know who you are so we can say thank you. It's from my business Melbourne flew Cleaning, and I'd hope for mentioning my business name. So we read this email. We thought Rio thought kindly he'd make him a jingle. So Mark is the guy's name. He keeps saying that, who is Greg? Who is Greg?
Speaker 15: Rio, Jim, Jim, jimm Andy, Jim Jimmy, Jim Jimney sweets Melbourne's flew cleaning? Do it on the cheap Jim Jim, jimm Andy, Jim jimm Andy, Jim Jim jerryor call.
Speaker 5: Oh four a D eight three three four just as for Greg.
Speaker 1: And outsource your chores. Mark on the email. You read the email Marcus his name? Where Greg? Don't know.
Speaker 10: I have a look at all the donations right going back pages.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone called Greg.
Speaker 5: There's no good reason. I just had Greg in my head. I was so sure of it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Mark is a really good sport from Melbourne flood Cleaning dot com dot are you. He sent me a photo of the back of his van. Well used to say cooll Mark.
Speaker 10: Now he's pasted it up there a piece of baby that says cool Greg, Cool Greg, and ask them get out of the way.
Speaker 1: Greg. That's another that Greg Middleman put me in touch with Mark. Sorry, Mike, all right, PARTSI we have some thank.
Speaker 6: You, We certainly do. Christian.
Speaker 7: We've got Kathy Brooke Wendy Malcolm, Katie Luka and also Melissa, who says what amazing work Backpacks for Big Kids does. Always happy to help kids in need and knowing I can help in some way put a smile on their faces. I'd most likely spend this money on junk I don't need, so why not donate to a worthy cause. Thank you for all that you do for these children.
Speaker 1: Beautiful words. Thanks Plantcy, Alex Suvi, You've got.
Speaker 9: There, I've got Tina. My heart goes out to these kids.
Speaker 12: Tina says, well done, Kristin and all for helping from Tina Garrick, Nicole is well, a great charity for kids in need.
Speaker 9: Keep up the great work. Thank you Karen and Marianne as well.
Speaker 1: Rio. You've got some more Gregs.
Speaker 5: No Greggs, unfortunately, but very nice to see so many still coming through. We've got Neil Cameron, Laura, Angelie come and Shannon, Tracy and Alisha says, thank you for all the amazing work you've done, Sally for the past ten years in supporting these kids in need.
Speaker 1: All right, it's up to one hundred and eighty seven thousand. Let's get it to two hundred thousand by the end of this week. If you haven't donated yet, please do five ten dollars. Whatever you can give already helps. Okay, every ten dollars they turn into forty dollars worth of value. One dollar to this charity they get four dollars worth of value. So if it is ten dollars, don't be a shame. Please don't need to apologize for that. That means forty dollars. That's almost half a backpack. The pace you need to go to to find out more and donate is the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au. To google it the Christian o'connells Show dot com dot au. You find out all you need to know there. Greg. Thank you, hurry up Greggs. There's no Gregg yet.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Also on today's show them Day two ahead of Father's Day this Sunday, What a Dad Wants I was the outpouring of emails yesterday depressing it. Finally, someone in the world is simply said to all fellow dads, what would you like? Is that? What me? Since you ask? I do have a heart every hour so many beautiful emails from dads from kids on behalf of their dad's partners, saying what their husbands would like. It seem incredible, so many amazing stories. We've got one thousand dollars a day to actually give dads what you actually want. Before that, though, small thing, big rage, small things? What is a small thing that gives you big rage? Message me now yours four seventy five three one four three moving our twenty one year old taught to Ruby over the weekend and getting her all sorted out, the washing machine plumbed in, and then the dreaded thing. Even if Buddy was around these days, he would struggle with these three letters NB men, oh no, oh god, hey.
Speaker 4: Just going pale.
Speaker 1: I actually felt it. Blood is training from me, The rage is training from me. Didn't work of us? You know you plug it in the wall, of course not. It's a miracle if it does. And then ringing someone who just doesn't care. And the best, sorry mate, the best you can offer us. Can you turn it on and off? They've done that. I have to send you an engineer out. Great, when's he coming? Oh two weeks time? Wonderful. She's a student, she needs to study. That's a laptop. What she meant to use for two weeks.
Speaker 9: Ah, we went through this, we moved is the worst?
Speaker 1: Yes, technology rage and then the yeah, the engineer is going to be there September between seven am and five Right, that's all day. It's two days. Which bit of it you mean? Message an hour or two beforehand? Has he got a rough idea when he's coming round?
Speaker 5: Why is it so hard when you move into Why isn't just the same one? Why doesn't Why don't we all just agree everyone just leave your internet when you leave the house and no one would ever have a problem.
Speaker 1: So the black box was still there, but someone had taken the cable. I'm afraid to say. It was my job to get it all set up, and it wasn't untill the next day. My daughter rings been going, Remember you said you couldn't get it working. How do you think it was going to get the signal? She went, there was no cable. They might have like chipped in a jaca. That's the cable. And they were so outful, right, and they were great there they gave me the cable for and I was like I walked in like I solved the common gold. Actually the cable, I went, don't my Dad's going to fix this bug it in. Let's get this fired up? How many how many other people around the country are shouting at that? Why is it so shunky here?
Speaker 5: And yes, well there's a whole I mean it's a big story.
Speaker 1: He should be plugged into the wall. Anyway, Thank you for listening to my rage. Ria. What's yours?
Speaker 4: Mine is?
Speaker 5: When you are pulling out, you first put Google Maps on you're pulling out, and it says.
Speaker 4: Head where head north? Head south.
Speaker 9: Way?
Speaker 4: That is I'm not Christopher Columbia.
Speaker 1: What's you south?
Speaker 5: What I'm going to do, lady, is drive whatever way I'm facing and you figure it out after that set because I have no idea what way west is from.
Speaker 1: I notice, by the way, I had to set a timer. I was cooking yesterday and on that beat on your phone work it's like a timer countdown or the time around the world. It's got compass on there. Who is using this ancient technology on the modern phone? I was.
Speaker 10: I didn't even know it was on there. Who requires this? I need to head on a latitude bearing.
Speaker 1: Of me my phone?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 1: Actually a chronometer a section? Is there? A section? I can have a sundi Alex, what's your small thing, big rat? Oh.
Speaker 9: This is kind of technology related as well.
Speaker 1: But every time I drive.
Speaker 12: Under those tram cables, I lose radio reception. It's so annoying, like it's a really good song or like a sports break and a new.
Speaker 1: He's just speaking for the latest song. I never know the blues letting him go.
Speaker 4: Be able to just on my phone.
Speaker 1: I'm a waiting hour. I got my compass on this phone.
Speaker 12: I went forward and backwards the other day just to try and get the reception. So the person in front of me just me. He was listening to his own sports.
Speaker 9: If I go a bit further, no, no, I'm losing it again.
Speaker 12: I was like to go with the area and the TV era you know you s yes, that was me in my car with the radio.
Speaker 1: You're like Christopher Lloyd in Back to the Future.
Speaker 12: That cocktails the same spot every time, and I have to go and pick up Max from Kindy every time and it's always that same spot.
Speaker 1: So it's very frustrated. It's funny when you get to really know a new areas where you know the black spots are for the phone as well, because now I'm sometimes if I'm talking to people, I go hang on entering the black spot, back out of it now. So what will be saying when you already know an eric? Perhapsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 7: I haven't someone in the office again, No, it's at home this time. I'm a member of the family who likes to leave the stickers off fruit, just in unusual places in the house. So it might be on the yesterday it was on the chopping board. Sometimes it's under the table. Sometimes it's on the bedside table, wherever they might be at their desk.
Speaker 1: You must have a prime suspect in mine.
Speaker 7: Oh I've got one, Yes, maybe the younger member of a family.
Speaker 1: I heard under the table.
Speaker 10: Yes, right, okay, it's either boogers there or those little stickers.
Speaker 1: What the point of them?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Why have them?
Speaker 6: We need to know where our fruit's from.
Speaker 5: But because it does, what does every single apple in the batch need a sticker? Why can't it just be like the whole batch, this is from the bag and that's enough.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We're about to buy into an apple. Go bloody else and Fiji back to Fiji with your apples? Was the apples? It's gone to march?
Speaker 9: Put the stickers on. Is there a person employed to put them on?
Speaker 1: Must be be a robot somewhere, some poor tired humans job is, But there's.
Speaker 4: British backpackers that have to come and do. That's how you.
Speaker 1: Punish us for releasing rabbits and deer here and those trees and give you hay fever. You'll have to pick our raspberries now, all right? Text me or small thing big rage O four seven five three one O four.
Speaker 3: Three Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you probably wonder if you listen to the show frequently, what do I do with join the songs? It's non stop work, non stop work, meditation, breath work, energy, alchemy work and just during the killers making rio guess which way is north, south, east and west? As I fired up my compass, I've got it. I need to use it on here he had no idea. Whichever's wouldn't have been more wrong. And then on my the compass app which is on your iPhone, it says that we're thirty meters up in the air. We're on the second floor. This is a tall building.
Speaker 4: This is not a tall building.
Speaker 1: What it's not ten meters a big tooll where you said you were about ten or eleven minutes.
Speaker 4: I reckon about ten or eleven meters above. Now, wait, what do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Fat Sy?
Speaker 7: You're definitely thirty meetings right now, we're on level two.
Speaker 1: There's no Kaitlyn, what's up? Oh?
Speaker 16: Sorry, No, I'm just totally agreeing that we are thirty meters above.
Speaker 1: There is no way we're not ten meters. That's only thirty foot Okay, we are.
Speaker 4: They're on Richard Hill. But no, but like to the ground.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but still, I mean that's there's no way a second story building is thirty meters.
Speaker 1: No, Alex, Alex, you've probably been in some bar tour buildings, TV TV studios are always in big buildings.
Speaker 9: Only been here long enough to kind of no.
Speaker 1: But before you do sport, you say, other journalist, there's a big story emoentory right now.
Speaker 9: I'll say twenty meters.
Speaker 6: Especially you know building it's deeper, like they.
Speaker 1: Even walk up the stairs here. Yeah, they're deep for the normal. It's a massive collusion because they're very wide. I think this used to be what was in the.
Speaker 6: Plaki shirt factory. It was a Palaco shirt.
Speaker 1: Factories and suously I'm high seiling to get all the equipment and air cone in so it would actually be a deeper floor than a traditional And.
Speaker 6: This floor is built up. I was here when they moved the state years ago. They actually had to pull some.
Speaker 7: In to so we could see out the windows from the studio because the windows were really high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, story, call love, what have you found? You look smug like?
Speaker 5: As soon as I'm in the Palacco building height it said the Plako building is not known for its height.
Speaker 1: Okay, the only one. We're going to know this right during their news and sport. Go and see the engineers. They must have one of those sexted sex to measure the elevation and pitch on this film. They would have the equipment to do that. Okay, yeah, I now need to know how hard. I don't know what I need to know this, but now it's right now. The mosfew is in a story. Do we know that?
Speaker 5: That's what I looked up and it says about a two story building is about seven meters high.
Speaker 1: Oh no, but this is higher than a building, if you aren't saying, sorry, a house house? Yeah yeah, yeah, look.
Speaker 4: Look at all times higher.
Speaker 1: Okay, look at that we're overlooking houses, like we're lording up. There's a second floor of there, I'm higher up. I'm like, oh, I'm like a lifeguard. That's true.
Speaker 4: That is true.
Speaker 1: That is true. So I'm not. We're not We're not on a standard building.
Speaker 4: I still don't think anywhere near thirty.
Speaker 1: The phone had told me where's north is? Why would it lie to me?
Speaker 3: Steve.
Speaker 1: Steve Job's last work was making sure the elevation was right on these devices. Anyway. Small thing, big rage, Christian for me who's just from Lydia, and thank you very much for what you said about the team and the show. Lydia. Band aids you can never get them to fit the injury. When it's the typically finger that's so hard.
Speaker 9: It always comes off when you wash your hand.
Speaker 10: Yes, or you bend, bend your hand or tend your fist or anything, it pops off straight away. They need a band aid hat, a top hat. Yes, idiot, you're right, Christian. Small thing, big grades is some camera and trolley's at the supermarket. When people leave what you think is a one dollar coin in the coin stot turns out just to be a metal washer.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you could hack it like that. Broady here, small thing, big rades. People who drive fifteen to twenty k under the speed limit in the right lane. That drives everyone mad Pamela tail pats. The stickers on the fruit are the barcode, so you can scan them at the registered reiss.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: I was just scanning individually airput you put them.
Speaker 6: Model all on the belt and then you select delicious.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, I didn't know you could individually scan.
Speaker 1: Now, fourty year old Keeling who listens to the show every day on the way to school on the school bus and if he misses it he gets a podcast, has got I didn't know teenagers have a lot of age. Actually, next week we should do a teenage version. Only a small thing, big race. But it's to do with charges, because there's one even Keenan needs to do a charge a bit as a brother or sister or mom and dad's stealing. Some of the worst fights my daughter had about charges. Someone's stealing an otherwise you to give it, especially Christmas Christian. When I have the HDMI cable on my desk in just the write position for to connect, and I plug it into my device and it turns it off. God us, preach Keena and preach some more. Thing big rages for me when people leave half the foil wrapper on the butter, or when they open the sour cream. How hard is it to tear it early off?
Speaker 4: You can pair it off, give it a lick and then put it in there.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yeah. Christian pulling a shopping trolley out. Yes, you'll find some even has left rubbish in the trolley for someone else to take care of. Christian. One thing I wonder when I hear the top of the Hours and Rio says what the show number is? Did he record like two thousand of them all in one day? Or does he have to come in a lot about that? This is Richard's question, right note? Or does he have to come before you start on air and record a brand new one? He does it live is the answer. He does it live three times. Christian'small thing big range when he opened up an app and it asks if you're enjoying it? Oh?
Speaker 4: I hate that. Yes, I don't want to rate you, I just want to use you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And also what is it when you buy something now you get like thirty emails a day? Say, how was the ladder? How was your experience with this ladder? Is a ladder? What do you want me to say? You write you a letter about how wonderful it's going up and down the ladder. We're not getting into a relationship. It's a one night stand getting you all right. We got the news on the way, go and find the engineers and need to know we're thirty meters up.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Question my fourteen year old son Jack was to know are you the person that picks some music or is there someone else in the station that does that. I tell you what I do. When I get in in the morning, I get a load of like CDs of the greatest hits in the last sort of twenty thirty years, and I throw them all up in there and then I kick them around the floor. However they land. I just play those this morning. You would have had at like just before the show Bony m raspucciin You've had the Killers and now this banger from the eighties. I hope that helps young Jack Rio. You went out to the front of the building. It's a big ass building. This We are high up on the second floor.
Speaker 5: It is higher than I thought. I still think I'm more right than you are. I think it's closer to ten tens than it is to thirty.
Speaker 1: A lot of people calling the shows and texting. There's one guy who speaks to everyone, going, it's from sea level, you dingbats? How many times you say that in the head? Something something you dingbats? At least you're going to work listen to us. You feel better about yourself. Oh my, an instant sense of superiority, exact and you're welcomes that, Mark, Chris, A small thing, big rage when you go to electronically pay your bill online and it asked you to prove your identity. Who is fortunately paying our bells? Mark? You're right. I had to pay a parking find last week. I had to prove I was human and me, who is the Russian hackers doing this? Then please pake my parking fine.
Speaker 4: There used to be a system like that on the Gold Coast.
Speaker 5: I think it was like they were like sexy ladies in bikinis and they would walk around meter maids and they would pay your parking fines for you.
Speaker 1: You're kidding.
Speaker 7: It's been like since the fifties. It's a Gold Coast tradition. They wear the gold bikinis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it still happens, does it. That's what Alex did for job in between.
Speaker 9: I heard her income and the old place of this one.
Speaker 1: Don't judge.
Speaker 9: I had to feed my family.
Speaker 1: It's just a hell of a looking a mankin and drew in the winter, there's shrinkage morning games. Things be great on the gold cust. When you go to the toilet and there's no toilet paper on the low roll at work none in dispenser, you have to do the walk of shame, like the back to your chair or to the cupboard at work, it back in it if you haven't white.
Speaker 4: No, you just got to scream that for help.
Speaker 1: Oh that's all like a damage in distress. But you're going to yell out for one of us. Yes, I'm sorry, you're I'm not coming here. Well, I'm not coming back in by then, stay out there, stay there. Christian, you said how there needs to be hats for injured fingertips because band aids don't do them. You can just cut four diagonal slits from the corners of a square cut plaster.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to do that, just make the top had mandate.
Speaker 1: Especially with kids to rushing to get them, there is bleeding out. You've got time for this, all right, Let's get into today's day two. What a dad once?
Speaker 4: What a dad once? What a dad means? Something better?
Speaker 5: Dance us and heygees, I'm asking you so.
Speaker 1: Calling and tell me everything. This week it's a public service for fellow dads. What would you actually want? Kids? If you're listening, you can call it right now. The lines are open right now. Thirteen fifty five twenty two. What would your dad love? We have one thousand dollars a day to treat dads this week. Yes. In the show, Bella called Essendon memorabilia for her die hard Bomas fan dad. My baby bit about that was because obviously everyone should leave that club at the moment. Is that someone someone after we chatted to Better and said you can absolutely have that, said I've got a load of mber it she can have for free. Free. People are offloading the glory days. Crystal wanted that they've got six kids. You remember Crystal say they got six kids and her husband just wanted this windows tinted. We got that done. Some voicemail mails that came in after the show yesterday.
Speaker 11: Good morning Christian and the team.
Speaker 16: My name's Chris, and for this Father's Day, I've asked my adult sons to hire me out a skip and to come over on Sunday and help me clean out my shed. They left a lot of stuff behind when they.
Speaker 11: Moved out, and I want it gone.
Speaker 16: I'm hoping to create a workshop in there so that way I can get to all the tasks that the wife's created for me.
Speaker 11: So hopefully we'll get that done on Sunday.
Speaker 16: And then maybe I might be able to buy some stuff and create a workshop.
Speaker 11: Thanks.
Speaker 16: Like guys, enjoy Father's Day, I hope you get spoiled a heap.
Speaker 1: A lot of these are quite humble, aren't they Just a simple skip, there's a gift to attach and.
Speaker 5: Just the sons to just do their job for It's just take care at a minimum.
Speaker 1: Maybe on to my other show, I'd love to hit some other mums and dance what did you do with the spare bedroom? Or you know, it's kind of like now you've got the empty nest? What do you feel the empty nest? With hi?
Speaker 11: It step here.
Speaker 17: I'd really like to get my husband David tickets to see Evil Did the Musical. He's a really hard worker. He's always there for the kids and he never gets any time to himself. I think he'd really enjoy this as a Father's Day gift.
Speaker 1: Give us a call. We'll take your wish's neck.
Speaker 3: The Christian o'connall show.
Speaker 1: Podcast amateur radio presenter Dave Higgins who does the show after us, and he's coming on very well. It's a young kid. If you met him, you and the game. He's sixteen sixteen. He won a competition threeteen in the local paper. You know, it's a lovely little story. Anyway, he said, Christian, No way on the second floor. Are we thirty meters up? Thank you? Think of a ten meter Olympic diving platform? Yep, it ain't three of them. No, I'm sorry I listened to your mate. I'm sorry I wasn't listening to Greg laganas.
Speaker 5: There's no way I reckon it's twenty now, yeah, under twenty for sure.
Speaker 1: And it also says who could we ask who would have a job, would have the actual proper tools to better swing by today? Jump out the van or ute and set up something where they would measure elevation. What what is that that you know?
Speaker 13: Then?
Speaker 1: You know when they're before they build something they yea, they got the it's got orange legs and orange shrib and then they got a mate down there with a piece of string. Yes, we use them quantity surveyor is I? Oh? Are they surveying quantity? Is elevation?
Speaker 11: Sure?
Speaker 1: What about? I know they're busy, but they're not always rushing around? Would the fire Brigade mind getting a ladder up which does have a click?
Speaker 9: Click?
Speaker 1: Ten meters click, click and take measure.
Speaker 5: I don't see any fires around, so I think they should be fine. Just swing on over.
Speaker 1: Okay, Kaitlin? Is that something you could do after the show today? Just we're in Richmond Firehouse.
Speaker 3: I can give it a go.
Speaker 6: I also have a friend that is a fiery so I can ask her if she wants to go up a ladder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please, just I just need someone that it can measure once and for all. Is it twenty to thirty meters? Yep? All right? So where were we? Oh? Yes? What a dad once? That's right? Sorry, this I ain't think of the building is really perplexed me.
Speaker 4: What a dad once? What a dad means something better?
Speaker 3: Dad sucks?
Speaker 4: And hey gees, I'm asking you so.
Speaker 1: Colin and tell me. My kids actually answer me, ansty what do you want? I think I might change everything. Now, just get some of that measures elevation. Then I can go around and just dows are my friends when around the house going hey, you know, by the way, your house is seven point eight meters high. With my new measurer.
Speaker 5: I've always thought when people ask you, what superpower would you have, I would love to be able to know the distances between any two things immediately.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great. Anyway, we're doing what her dad wants. Dad's what do you actually want for Father's Day? This Sunday? Call me thirteen fifty five twenty two. We have one thousand dollars a day to look after the dad. Caitlin's on the line. Now, Good morning, Caitlyn, welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Thank you, Good morning everyone. How are you going?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I'm just gonna leave Kaylin Hay in there. She was kind enough, you know so well at the moment they're trying to measure the height. So I've got them an important business. Kaitlin. Is it your husband or your dad?
Speaker 14: It's my husband, but it's twofold because if I get this with my husband, then my father in law will be very, very happy because I would love to get my husband a whipper sniffer so that he can return his dad. The amount of comments I've had of where is it, where's it? Go on again?
Speaker 10: It's become a source of tension.
Speaker 14: Oh, he's gone to the point where he's actually writing his name on all of his tools.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I mean we do that and on my fairy with the charges but tools.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so there's lots of tools around the house with carrying on it which is not my husband's name. So yeah, look, this will be a great Father's Day gift for him and for my father in law.
Speaker 1: You're right, it's a double dad gift, doesn't it. It helps two generations of Dad's come back together and unite. That's right.
Speaker 14: And they're big Ryobi fans. I've had my eye on one. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Around my.
Speaker 1: Little rechargeable lawnmower is a Riobi as well, and I've got a Roby leaf blow as well. Yes, for smaller plots their ideal. Those whipper snippers though, I mean, small thing, big rage. They are a nightmare of themselves. To you, you're actually giving your husband rage because it's a nightmare. They cut like a meter of the grass and then they just need that little bit of string teasing out again the cable. Mm hmm.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 14: But that's his pop one.
Speaker 1: That's you're the peacemaker here, these two warring fathers. Yes, granted his wish. You can have a round your obi whipper snipper.
Speaker 14: Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I'm sure he'll be very excited to get out and gun this weekend.
Speaker 1: What a great day he's got ahead of him on Father's Day. Out there now and trim those borders. Rob's on the line, Good morning, Rob, here you're going Yeah, we're good. Welcome to the show, Rob. So is this for yourself? Oh?
Speaker 8: This is for me?
Speaker 10: Stupid kids, right I asked for I asked for a golf driver, so Salistan and said, you got to stop breaking your golf clubs.
Speaker 1: You know, I get it when I know when I was learning golf and I stopped trying to learn it. My last ended literally me launching a driver into a hedge and just driving off. I think my seven nine is still there somewhere in Hampton. Now I get it. What do you wrap it around a treele? Is it a train that hate snapped off?
Speaker 5: Maybe it's a sign that maybe maybe you move on to a hobby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bouldering. So what is it? Do you know what you actually want? Is it? Callaway? Way after?
Speaker 10: I just got to golf Clearance center and there's one about two hundred and twenty five dollars which I had an eye on for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: I just love the humble ambition of the golf clearance. Golf clearance centers house sales on three six, five days a year. They're never not even sell must.
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 1: Obviously? Tiger Woods down? Then all the approach film, christ you know it's a clearance sale. Man O, my god, Yes, Rob, we give you the cash.
Speaker 14: You're great, Thanks, Christian.
Speaker 1: Try not to break this one. I won take you all right. That's it for today. We are back tomorrow. Email me. Why is it someone's voice that I had of John Hamm the Super Bowl? Can we get that five minutes time? We paid it on the show a couple of months ago. It's the best one ever. He's bringing out a team. Do you remember when he was like screaming and he's he's starting the key way too high and then get ready.
Speaker 9: I believe the technical term is tasty pop.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, our man Rob just had that as next to Father's Day gift. All right, so email me today. It's back tomorrow. What a Dad Wants Email Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com today.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Just of R eight. This week on the show for Father's Day, what a Dad wants a thousand dollars a day to gift Dad what he actually does want? Caller Rob very happy to be getting a discounted golf club and during a very emotional goodbye, his voice broken a left thank you and reminded me that Clay I played it was. I think it was at the Super Bowl when John Hamm was bringing out his home team of the Kansas City Chiefs. I think Bradley Cooper brought out the Philadelphia Egleses and John Hamm a great actor, but he started in a register way too high. And there's only one way to go if you start too high, and that so get out of this. He's obviously a huge excitable. It's a big moe. He's screaming and it cracks its.
Speaker 10: Voice to defending super.
Speaker 1: I have this clip saved on a YouTube playlist in my fun bag of any cheering up. There's a whole lot of things. Just get me straight away. Here it is again. I actually wonder whether that jinxed it for the team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd want to go through this fun bag your YouTube all right?
Speaker 1: So yesterna show, we were talking about what would kids today not know about? And there were so many great ones from Milli two, Dina up Internet, mum picking up the phone and getting disconnected from the Internet, Kevin running during a commercial break to go to the toilet getting snacks before the TV show would begin. It was timing. You would jog and sprint then when someone it's about to start again. Accident recording over something on VHS. Yet if it was your mum's show, that was the worst thing you could do, I said, an accident recorded the football over my mum's episode of Dallas, where you could find out do you want to keep it forever? The episode of Weather revealed who did shoot JR. Chantell, the anxiety having to get photograph film developed and waiting a week to see Half of them were rubbish anyway. New ones who came in after yesterday, Gavin this is winding windows down and driving without any cameras or senses. Do you mean breaking the law? Oh the good old days. Kids won't know that. We could just drive around at speed. Christian A frustration of taping a show on VHS tape only to miss the last ten minutes because the program is longer than it was listed in the Green Guide. Jessica, just want to go in a Blockbuster on a Friday night, until onther every copy of the movie you wanted was already hied out. Mia Hamport and a metal coat hanger was especially We're trying to get a clear picture on the TV, having to stand very still while watching TV was holding a coat hanger. You think we're joking. This is what a son's job was in the family, to be a human physical conductor. Yes, pointing a metallic thing thunder so you could watch TV.
Speaker 12: When Pad Cash was playing Ivan lennon the nine only seven Wimbledon Final, I was doing that.
Speaker 11: TV.
Speaker 1: A TV would have an antella on top of it and you would just like move it around.
Speaker 9: Yes, all the time. It was very frustrating. We their two channels.
Speaker 1: Christian A joy of using a VHS player fast forward to find the best bits and then having to rewind it back to the start. As an act of courtesy for the next person be kind rewind.
Speaker 5: But there were also fees, remember like a block would yeah yeah, yeah, Michelle.
Speaker 1: The sound of accidentally dialing of facts machine number by phone awful. We're going to have to dig out that sound effect. Lock you dig that one out? Yeah, awful, like screeching metallic noise. Kathin Christian, do you remember credit limits on mobile phones? And now it's sending just one text would cost Now most data is like just giving away? Is it limitless plans?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who's you know years ago you'd be terrified about sending one message or streaming a song. Yes.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Part two Today kids these days, who'll never know? Christian the struggle of not having every choice of TV program ever, just what actually is on? That's it. There is no choice.
Speaker 5: I miss that because how torturous is it trying to choose what you want to watch?
Speaker 1: An abundance of choice? Yes, choice, Matthew Parker, no phones, but you knew where your mate's words is by the pile of bikes outside. Oh my god, that is so true. It was just a heap of bikes. You were just cycle then dump it on the ground. Bonita a great name, by the way, waiting hours for a computer game to load, only for a not to work, and you wasted virtually an entire day. Guy the wonder and joy of a payphone, Yeah, most of the ones where I lived. The stank of urine, I'm afraid. Yeah, yeah, it's the weather in the UK. You're driven to do creep. You never know what goes on someone's head, you know, Christian, you were talking about accident recording over VHS things. Christian. Back in the nineties, my husband recorded a James Bond movie on a VHS tape which that had our son's ultrasound images on them. I still haven't forgiven him thirty years on Tim on the show, what did you record over? Ad? Also, you still haven't forgiven them.
Speaker 10: I get it, thirty years, three decades.
Speaker 1: You know, what would have been a baby then is now a man. You know, a thirty year old man thereabout. Thank you very much, SA. These are still coming and this is brilliant. Kids today would never know about knowing your mailway reference in case you had to tell the emergency services where your house was. To go into the bank. The only way to get cash was to go into the bank to get it, ripping open a pay packet, counting the cash. Christian. They don't know when a time before downloading streaming services, no streaming American sport saw euro Football twenty for seven. Whenever you want, whatever was on TV was the only thing on TV. Ryan, What about the info line numbers? We had to ring a number to find about whether tie times. Well even at the time, you still ring a phone number to go at the third stroke there will be nine fifty two and forty two seconds just to check what the time was. No one have watches back in the way, Well no, but then they would. You can't rely on watches now you had to ring an automated line. Yeah, I don't have before it is still working now.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Ten years ago I did it.
Speaker 6: They've got rid of it now it's all online.
Speaker 1: Pats.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know. It's actually in news because we used to, especially at daylight savings time, to make sure because it happens on a weekend. If you were working on a weekend, just double check it was. Was it double oad, double one?
Speaker 6: What was the number?
Speaker 4: I forget now double O seven?
Speaker 1: I think some number kids today will never know the feeling of setting off for a family car trip with a fresh set of batteries ready for your Sony Warpman. When those batteries were now, that was it. Dad refused to buy any more, Butlinda Christian, kids today will never know about having to wait a week for a new episode of a TV show and then a year for the next season. I remember when the rumors were about the Simpsons who shot mister Burns episode we had to wait for a year to see who it was long payoff Maggie calling a boy or girl desperately hoping that the parents didn't answer the home phone. Yes, Kelly Christian. When I was a kid, I remember you. Your mum would take you to a shoe shop and the shop assistant would pick your foot in a thing that would measure your foot to get the right side Shane and City. What's happened to that?
Speaker 6: They still do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, big old, it's a big thing. Was going to clamp my top?
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, we got school shoes for Audrey earlier in the year and they.
Speaker 1: Still Christian were The kids today won't know that it was their job to change the channel from a choice of wait for it three or four. You had to watch the TV and turn the dial. My grandparents always used to tell me not to sit too close to TV as the picture tube gave off radiation. Is that true? That just an over mill? Stop you getting squared? Do you want to said? Goes? You get square? Ice, Kristian, I've gone online. Apparently the whole Placa building is approximately thirty one meters tall.
Speaker 3: Soon news news news, Christian O'Connell Show one podcast.
Speaker 1: I've had some devastating news. Alex, the chief engineer here has just come into the studio with a reading he's got because he's an engineer. Yes, he's got a height measure. It's as I said, nine point eight seven four meters. Busy show today, no time to say I believe it said an hour ago. It's one hundred, not thirty meters. Nine point eight agree you said ten. You said to that, Wow, that has been a sad album. Anyway, right back where we started, you said ten nine point eight seven four What a skill you've got. I know what what skills? Well, when we're taking on Sydney and the rest of the country next year, I'm going to walk you to Sydney Harbor at the opera house and I want you to eyeboard it. Okay, Christian? The talking clock was eleven ninety four Christian. Another thing the kids, Well, perhaps he's doing me. Oh yes that's what I said. Yeah yeah one wasn't it what he said? The pricing Christian kids today whenever know about the pricing gun. So many Saturday jobs that click click and you actually used to get the gun and label it individually. Things no barcodes back then, Christian? What about booking a wake up call? You'd bring down to a could I look at a wake up call for seven am? And some you get some tie guy walk through the knife waking you up? Alarm? Cool?
Speaker 4: I wonder if they still offer that service.
Speaker 1: They must do. Why did I do it? It's like a cup? Do you think? Yes, that's what it is? All this sweek kind of time waste. So thanks to Swish gets your dad treat your dad Father's Day this Sunday, a personalized video from his favorite footy player for Father's Day. Search Swish today, we're giving you two hundred and fifty dollars. Who have you? I know you're on there yesterday looking at all the favorites Ossie Sports stars who are you treating dotor Lee to your dad?
Speaker 5: Doctor Lee loves his NRL, so I will get him one for my beloved rugby league meathead and New south Welles captain mister Paul Gallop.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, because your dad's always a ringside doctor at the Gallon fights well, they call him color man. He's a cuts man cuts man Lee.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he's drinking partner as well of Gannon. Yeah, that's part of his ontourage. They go hard. Oh, Dad, I go hard. Great idea, though, he's going to bloody love that. Yes, it is old make cool. I think of that all right. Today the seasons are at changing, my friends. Great news, we're into spring also means hay fever season. Melbourne is the allergy garital of the world. Edging out Scranton, Pennsylvania. Film next, Yeah, high's hay fever rates in the world. Wow? What in three of us? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean we three of us?
Speaker 1: That is high. All right. Today we're looking for your allergy movies. Rash Hour, Oh very good Gold, Saturday Night hay Fever film along came Polling, Oh very good Gold. When hay fever Miss Saurdy wrong Clarenceon When have fever met sally and there are all kinds of different allergies. You've got to be really careful to get the EpiPen ready. That's right, James and the giant peanuts.
Speaker 4: That's silver pla.
Speaker 1: What have you got them? Allergy movies? Hannibal leg has got a block nose, Oh, dear running nose.
Speaker 4: Yes, Sinus of the lamb, Oh, very good goals.
Speaker 5: Lots of pollen and Narnia they say the line that each and the wardrobe that's good.
Speaker 4: And Edie pinhert oh.
Speaker 1: That's very good. Okay, gold We're looking for your allergy movies today. On the Time Waster the.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Mark Slash Greg from the Melbourne Flu Company has donated another thousand dollars legend for the extra plugs today the generosity. What a funny legend. Thank you very much for doing that. Pushing my brother takes over my first birthday with that horrible drama passions. We went to watch it back one day just to find Timmy, Timoth, Timmy and Tabitha on the tape. More of this tomorrow, more than tomorrow what you accidentally taped over with him? What all right? Allergie movies is a time waster. The Hills have pinky bronze. That is good. Come on, the sound of mucus. The Hills have high Wives, Silver DeBie, not Mean Girls hista. Mean Girls was the first one. Ghost Dusters, Silva Big Asthma's House, justin, well done, Telfast too furious, Gold, Puffy the Vampire Slayer, Itchy Eyes, wide shut, Silver, sneezel Juice, Gold sneeze juice is great. Epipenheimer silver, allergy in their house. Alright, Rio, who's the winner today? It's sneezele juice, sneezel juice world only all the winner today. We are back tomorrow. Thank you very much for joining us. Take care, have a great day.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast