Speaker 1: The world is full of interesting people. We might call them eccentric, different, or just downright weird. Sometimes it's obvious, but most times these people are lurking amongst us, and we have no idea about the oddities they are hiding. Hello, I'm Art Simon, and I'm scouring the country and sometimes the world to find these people. Yes, I'm doing the dirty work for you. When I meet with these people, all I know is that they have something weird, scandalous, or a bit freaky that they're concealing from us. I just don't know what that thing is. Welcome to concealed with Art Simone. Let's meet our guests and find out a little secret.
Speaker 2: Roll the tape.
Speaker 3: Hey, my name is Caroline. I'm fifty five years of age. I was a vet nurse for years. I did a couple of years of truck driving, and I've also done a year of McDonald's management. When I'm not working, I love riding the pony and basic kicking back and reading. But I am concealing something that I think is really interesting. But sadly it has been a relationship deal breaker for people in the past.
Speaker 2: Hello, Caroline, how are you going?
Speaker 3: I'm well, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'd love you to meet you. So you just looked in off the street. Now let me describe you. Okay, we're wearing a beautiful Oh are they horses on your scarf?
Speaker 2: Yes, but they're rainbow horses.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, you've got rainbow horses. There.
Speaker 1: You've got beautiful sparkly nails. There, some night's jewelry. We're in black though, he's tied back. That means business, Yes, it does. We're ready for business. And I'll see a slight sparkly lip and I officially approve beautiful. Okay, So you said you're a vet nurse. Now what got you into being a vet nurse?
Speaker 3: Animal mad from a very young age and wasn't allowed to have any.
Speaker 1: So if you can't have any, have them all now. I actually was just having this conversation with a friend a couple of days ago. I don't think it's fair for vets, you know, because a human doctor they just have to look after to humans, a vet has to be able to look after whatever walks in through those doors. How do they deal with it? Are their brains extra big? They need more credit?
Speaker 3: They do? They need a lot more credit. And they're not only dealing with the animal, they're dealing with the human as well.
Speaker 1: That's true. I don't know how they do it for all the vets. I love you, but I also don't like it because you charge a lot of money, and sometimes I just want to give my catter insulin and you know I don't need the full thing. But a truck driver, I was when did you say I'm going to drive a truck?
Speaker 3: Got pissed with some a friend of mine. I called my brother for years and booked in a lesson and that was the rest was history.
Speaker 1: Oh Carolina, like you already all right, likes to get pissed, so do I.
Speaker 2: So that's two of us together.
Speaker 1: All right, Trucks are scary, so you not only have dealt with scary animals, because I think all animals are little bit scary. Love them, but you know, I can't read. I'm not like doctor Doolittle, so I can't read their brains, okay, mac is yeah, and why only a year?
Speaker 3: Basically I'm not cut out for corporate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right. I was CAVEC person. I worked at CAVEC. I managed the drive through. I was very time efficient, but people used to make fun of me because they sounded like a girl. When they'd get to like the speaker box, I'd be like back and they just start laughing. But I loved it because then they come and see mee at the door and they'd be like, oh, I could hear you. I'm going to charge you for an extra size dirty bitch.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds fair. And something about ponies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got one.
Speaker 2: You got a pony. Now, what's the difference to the pony and a horse at the same thing?
Speaker 3: Size?
Speaker 2: Oh? What size is your poet?
Speaker 3: Well, he's actually a full size horse. He's sixteen one hands, But ponies.
Speaker 2: He's what sixteen one hands?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that means he's awfully big if you fall.
Speaker 2: Off sixteen one hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, horses are measured in hands.
Speaker 2: Wow. Hell, I'm only used to dealing with things and inches.
Speaker 3: So this is here, you guys.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good. Sixteen one hands.
Speaker 1: I love that. I need to get I need to be a horse girl. Now that's exciting, beautiful. So what I'm going to do is ask you three questions, and from the answer to those three questions, I have to try and work out what you are concealing from me.
Speaker 2: Are you ready, drum roll, okay.
Speaker 1: Question number one, what was your dream career as a kid working with animals?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you kind of went into that. Yeah. What took you away from being a vet nurse?
Speaker 3: The pay? Basically, that's why I got into McDonald's management.
Speaker 2: Good girl, Good girl. Okay.
Speaker 1: Question number two, so you said you liked reading. What was the last book you read?
Speaker 3: Ah, The Forever Dog. It's a book written by a couple of holistic vets, and it's basically all the most recent studies explaining why dogs are the mammal with the most cancer on the planet and all the stuff we're doing that's actually causing it. And it's really interesting going back to my vet nursing stuff and then seeing the holistic side of it.
Speaker 2: A book saying like why we're killing dogs.
Speaker 3: Pretty much an environment?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my goodness. And the final question I have for you is what do you value most in relationships or friendships?
Speaker 3: It would be the ability to communicate?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I have them with this together. I have to guess what you can selling for me. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't. All I'm getting is horse girl. It's just horses everywhere. Okay, horses, but then you were reading about the dog holes and then the sixteen to one hands counting management.
Speaker 2: Okay, something to do with horses. Okay.
Speaker 1: Well I want to say it's ketemine dealer, but you don't look like a ketemine dealer, so I can't say that. So actually I am gonna say, all right, okay, Caroline.
Speaker 2: Are you a drug dealer? No?
Speaker 3: No, sadly good money in that.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 3: I'm a professional animal communicator. If you've seen the movie Doctor Doolittle, That's pretty much what I do for a living. I'm also a crany, a psycho therapist for animals, and a nest health therapist for peace full of animals. Just think whatever you want to know about your dog or cat, or horse or any pet, I can tell you I was almost I was getting there, very very close.
Speaker 2: I is always there.
Speaker 3: You were.
Speaker 2: Do you're like in real life? Doctor two Little I am to the animals? I can old McDonald had a farm. EI.
Speaker 1: I know. So Caroline isn't a drug dealer. She is an animal communicator. Was a community. How does she do that? Is she talking to me? I am a bit of a dog.
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 1: All right, see we're here with Caroline, and we've discovered that no, she is not a drug dealer working with Kennvy, and she is actually an animal communicator. Okay, let's backtrack for a second. Can you please explain to me what an animal communicator is, right, Like, are you reading pet thoughts they're talking to you or you reading the energy?
Speaker 3: Telepathy Telly's distance pathy is feeling, so you're literally feeling another being over distance. Anyone can do it. We're all born with the ability. Mother takes a baby into the hospital and says, I know there's something wrong with my baby. The doctors are listen. Most of the time. There is identical twins, one just knowing what's going on with the other, and even sometimes de ja vous you think of someone all of a sudden they call you. That's all telepathics. We're all born with the ability. But unless the kid's dying, yes, it doesn't get validated. Then the child says its first word and Mum or dad make a fuss, so the child learns that verbalizing gets my name. So it's literally like a muscle. You don't use it, you lose it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're obviously using people as examples here, But then how did you discover you could tune into animals?
Speaker 3: Read a book, believe it or not. Yeah, pre internet, way back in the day. Read the whole book cover to cover. Went down the horse paddock. First horse I saw told me he wanted clean water. I looked and there was nothing in his trough. So filled it and got nothing again for two years, and every time poor old Ronnie walked by me, he'd planned his feet, he'd stop, and he'd eyeball me. I always wish I knew what he said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So when did you go from being able to pick up on one animal to then communicating with other animals?
Speaker 3: Took me two and a half years of working every single day giving themselves hellishing migrains before I got face to face. I did. I hated it, but I did reiki one and two, and I could get a little bit through distance reiki, but the actual just face to face, so to speak, was about two and a half years of working every day. And of course I think part of the problem with that was there was no Internet back in the day, so I only had letters from other communicators, but of course most of them were clairvoyant or clear sentient, and of course so I was getting stuff in a completely different way than they were.
Speaker 2: And of course this isn't matching up.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and it's so subtle. It's not like the big booming voice of Monty Python on the skit. Sadly, so yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: It was, Oh godcha, this is big brother. My leg hurts. Oh the leg hurts. Okay. So are you saying they're like speaking words to you or can you just feel like, oh, I think you want this to happen.
Speaker 3: Everyone gets it slightly differently. But if any of one that watched that Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series back in the day, basically to Babblefish, So I remember speaking to one wedgetail eagle and the gentleman only spoke German. So they've got an interpreter in and he'd speak to the interpreter. The interpreter speak to me. I'd speak to the bird, the bird would speak to me. I would speak to the interpret. The interpret it would speak to the gentleman.
Speaker 2: You like the United Nations, which was crazy.
Speaker 3: But they're not actually picking up on the words. It's the thoughts. If you're trying to tell someone something, the thought is instantaneous. The words take a little bit longer, particularly if it's important and you're trying to think of the way to get it across the best. So often the humans will be saying to me, does he, will she? Whatever, and I'll already have the yes or no from the animal because they've read that thought and flicked the answer back before I've even heard the rest of the question.
Speaker 2: Would you say, there's a lot of visualization with her.
Speaker 3: Some people get a lot of visuals. You've got your clairvoyant, that's a visual You've got your clear audience, which is the hearing. Yes, you've got your clear sentient, which is the feeling. You'll walk in and all of a sudden, oh my god, my lower back, my kidneys are killing me. Yes, and the cat's got kidney problems. I'm the clear cogniant, which is pretty rare. And that's the just knowing, which can be quite frustrating.
Speaker 2: Really, I just know, guys, how I just know exactly?
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe, what will you say, a cognitive cognant. Yeah, that's a good drag name, Claire cogniant. That's good actually, But now that makes sense. I reckon my mum's clear cogniant because she said that to me a lot.
Speaker 2: I just know.
Speaker 1: So with you're tapping into these animals, they're all live animals or.
Speaker 3: Deceased can Okay, there's no difference. Really, yeah, it's it's simply transitioning as we do, from one frequency to another. So no, there's no such thing as death. So they are still around and people will often see them out of the corner of their eye, or because you want them so much, you'll often dream about them. Because it's that. I mean, I talk to dead dogs and cats for a living and don't hear my own because you're too close. It's like doctors not treating their own kids, or clairvoyance not reading for themselves, same sort of scenario.
Speaker 1: Does that mean that animals telepathically communicate with each other as well?
Speaker 3: All the time, all around the world. I remember September eleven, I was at a friend's place, got down the paddock horse I had at the time. I said to him, do you know what's going on? He said, yeah, we all know, we just don't understand it. So they know. It's no different to say on messenger, you've got all the green lights. Everyone's on Messenger, and you're either you want to be spoken to or not. Yes, And I mean you're always on in inverted commas, but whether they actually want to speak to you or not or tune in, and of course whether you want to be receptive. I have a very very good on off switch, because that's the way, the only way it can work long term.
Speaker 1: Yes, So yeah, yeah, because I've always been a believer that maybe I haven't had knowledge aboutthesy telepathics. Yep, telepathics. Oh my god, my brain. I may have a big wig on but my brain's small. But I've always I've always believed that like animals can sense like environments very well. You know, you see, like a storm's coming, but it hasn't even like reached close and all the bird's going crazy and like flying off like But when you're speaking about telepathy, so this is basically like a muscle that you've retrained for yourself rather than you know, you hear stories of people being like, oh I just woke up and it happened.
Speaker 2: Is that good for you then?
Speaker 1: Because it's been a choice, it's not like a burden on you, because no, And.
Speaker 3: It's some thing that I think discipline is not really accentuated enough. You look at, say for example, a lot of the serious charmed nothing about protection, ghost whisper people again, no boundaries, people running up to people go excuse me, did you know your dead relative? Said yes or medium? Did she ever get any sleep? I mean yes, I can get woken up occasionally, but I will always say sod off. I'll set the alarm for half an hour earlier than I usually would, and I'll talk to you then. But you do not disrupt me two o'clock in the morning. I have no sense of adventure about that. And so it's setting those boundaries. And I mean that also increases your longevity in the field.
Speaker 1: Once you've connected with an animal, is that like a pathway that's now open for them to come and like tap in on you whenever they round people?
Speaker 3: Yes with me. No, people will say, oh, but if you ever hear and that, no, I won't. I will tap in when we've got all your details, I pick up your photo, we start, that's when I tap in, yes, and I disconnect when we finish. And that's it, because otherwise you'd wind up going nuts.
Speaker 1: So this is your job. Yes, so time, what's the day in the life for you?
Speaker 3: Mainly phone work because that's what I prefer now I live out whooped up. Driving everywhere is just too far. I do work at AVEC Clinic a couple of days a week as well, and that's where I do the crany as sacral therapy and the nest health which is the hands on for dogs and cats. I'll do the occasional horse call as well, and the rest of it is literally the phone. They'll email me a photo, that's all I need. We set up a time and I just tap in and communicate.
Speaker 2: So you get tap in a community. You don't even need to be near the animal.
Speaker 3: No. I do a lot of overseas work and interstate as well as international.
Speaker 1: Wow and what kind of people use your services and how often some of them?
Speaker 3: It's sort of a check in every three to six months. Body work will be fairly regular depending on what the animal needs, particularly is they age the old. Being proactive rather than reactive can make a huge difference to quality of life. Often, if people are going away on holidays, they want to know that the animal knows that they're coming back. Unfortunately, once an animal's been diagnosed with cancer and potential chemo or whatever, owners want to the animal's perspective and that's always a good thing. Horses playing up, or it's so called behavioral, or the cats are spraying all sorts of different reasons.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you have to You had to deliver bad news to an animal on behalf of their owner is.
Speaker 3: Usually the other way around, and it can be really awkward. I remember one gentleman who was a policeman. It was he and his wife, and he didn't really want me there anyway, And the dog was worried because the son was on drugs and dad went off tap. My son's never been on drugs. Dog told me where the stash was. Mum went looking and comes out with and that was It's only happened once, and I don't want it to happen again. Yes, but that was I think a bit of a recalibration for daddy, and so you recalibration for the kid when they got home from school.
Speaker 2: You should be working with the police dogs. You could help even more.
Speaker 3: I'd have an absolute ballwork some of those. You'd be able to extend their working life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because it's that actually bit of communication.
Speaker 2: What would you say is like the most common issue with.
Speaker 3: Pets, diet and unrealistic expectations. So you feed a dog a crap or a caunttercrap diet, they're going to behave badly in the same way if you continuously feed a kid macas or hungry jacks. Yes, they're not going to be able to think properly because of the microbiome of the gut and the brain. They're intrinsically linked. And then it's the dog that's at fault and they're going, oh, you need to fix the dog for me.
Speaker 2: Do people expect you to fix things?
Speaker 1: Because people expect that if you know able to tap into their pet, that you can just be like, hey, just stop doing this. Is that is that like an unrealistic expectation then totally?
Speaker 3: I mean you know one or two have suggested that and not just said did you ever do what your mother said? That usually shuts them up quite nicely.
Speaker 1: Okay, would you say any animals are easier to a more receptive than others? Like are there some that are like nap, don't talk to me?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Yeah. That my friend's cocker two. Well, he tells me he's a demigod. He never shut up. The day we had the earthquake in Melbourne a few years back, apparently about half an hour before he said, button down the hatches. There's going to be an earthquake and it's gonna be a big one, but you'll be okay, And so they just laughed at him. At half an hour, Lad, I told you, But.
Speaker 2: Did you listen?
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't joke about an earthquake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my goodness, remind me not to get a cocka two.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could deal with that now.
Speaker 3: No, I've got to say. He often taps in, but I don't know that I could live with him, much as I love him.
Speaker 1: And this is a very interesting thing to be able to do because I liken things to being a drag queen and that, you know, as a queer person. I've had to come out before, and then I had to come out as a drag queen. Have you actually essentially come out to people and like, hey, I do this. By the way, does that ever happen?
Speaker 3: It was certainly difficult in the early days because no one had ever heard of animal communication, and in fact, the people went, oh, yes, I believe what you do. Were the ones you run away screaming from?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Lost a few people friends along the way, because they didn't want to associate. Getting a partner has always been interesting because what your friend does is one thing what your girlfriend slash partner does because it reflects on you that.
Speaker 2: You tell me, sister, how it is, how.
Speaker 3: It is exactly. But most people now are very aware.
Speaker 2: Yes, So do you think that people are a lot more receptive to things?
Speaker 3: And oh absolutely, the last.
Speaker 2: Let's call the Funny Farm vibes the more.
Speaker 3: And because they know I work with a lot of vets, that really helps. But I know it's going to be made a movie of and I just really want them to do it the right way so it's more realistic.
Speaker 1: True, and there'll be a lot of false expectations for people in your industry where they go. But I thought, of the movies, you can do this. It's not just like Eliza thornbree.
Speaker 3: Would you believe I've never seen that movie.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's a full TV show and it has a movies the Wild Thorn Breeze, My god, and there's one where the Rugrats with the Wild Thorn Breeze. It's really exciting. Anyway, that's my childhood. Now there are people that are skeptical of your work. I understand you don't know anyone anything, but like, are the ways where you can win someone over where they're like I don't believe you and you can be like, well x y Z noah.
Speaker 3: I just go good, don't not my problem. There's an attitude.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: The attitude I like because the people go, you're not really a drag queen. I go, look at the glitter on my first toweling. It's still there. They go, oh, yeah, that's true. Actually, I've got two cats at home, and I think to close this out, I want to see if you can communicate with one of my cats, all right, because her name's Effie and she's about thirteen years old. She's originally my housemate's cat, but then we moved in together. Da Dada basically my cat now because why wouldn't you be? She loves me.
Speaker 2: But she is diabetic. We got a treated.
Speaker 1: She gets the two inchillin shops every day and her dosage has gone right down. But then she got a ut last year. Oh not fun, no, but we've got a treated. The U two hasn't gone. So I took her back to the vet and they said it's probably sis tidus. I was like well, what causes that? And they said, is she stressed? I said, I don't think so. She's got the most lux life in the world. Got a photo, all right, where is she? Little fie? That's that's a fat of meat at nightclub. Don't need that.
Speaker 2: That's a nude yep, don't need that either. I don't want to show that to Caroline.
Speaker 3: Someone's done that photos that has happened.
Speaker 1: You're like, I don't think I can tap into that right now, right, Let's find a good one of her, because oh yeah, she looks quite grand here.
Speaker 2: This is her outside. That's the fie.
Speaker 3: She's happy enough. There has been a tabby and white around the area and I suspect it's either a tom or it's recently moved in, which is stressing her a bit.
Speaker 2: But ah, you snare, I don't. I cannot confirm nor and I.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to an iHeart Australia and Kiss production concealed with artsimone. Listen to more of what you love on iHeart and to see this gifted communicator who is adored by animals around her and Caroline check us out on the socials