Speaker 1: Look, there's one thing that you can rely on us for here at the pickup, and that is for bringing you the cold, hard facts, the truth, and putting to bed all the rumors people would believe.
Speaker 2: I know what have you told us?
Speaker 3: Men?
Speaker 4: Well, Tracy Grimshaw sent me message she's impressed with our current affair style broadcasts.
Speaker 1: Well, look, there's one thing that so many of us have been doing for so many years now, and that is the five second rule. How do you feel about eating things that have fallen on the floor, Mitch, I'm all for it.
Speaker 5: My flour my house is clean. I don't get problems. I clean my floors.
Speaker 2: Does it not depend on where it is?
Speaker 1: I feel like the five second rule, it's a five second rule regardless of location. That's the whole point of it being the five second rule.
Speaker 4: Listen, if it's a cookie, it can sit on the ground for a month and I'll still eat it. If it's a fish fill it, I'll probably dust it off, but I will still eat it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I just know too much.
Speaker 3: I know what's on the ground much, just like like I know the germs just from working in a hospital and the stuff you can pick up on your feet and it's actually if you knew, it's so rank having said that something has dropped on the ground for split second, even though I know if it's delicious.
Speaker 2: I'll still pick it up in it.
Speaker 1: Well, Britt, it's definitely the smart one o the two of you. Because so doctor Wendy Lebrett has come out and she has said officially she's a gastro enterrologist.
Speaker 2: Is how you say enterrologist?
Speaker 1: And she has said unfortunately, the five second rule is a complete myth. And now, if you are somebody who is okay with eating their food off.
Speaker 2: The ground, even if it's just touched it for a brief.
Speaker 1: Second, you are exposing yourself to bacteria such as Salmonella E. Coli, which is just another nice word for poo, listeria, and fecal matter.
Speaker 2: That's what you're getting.
Speaker 1: You're getting more pooh. There's a lot of pooh. Just what's happening within five seconds?
Speaker 4: I have eaten on the floor many times, and I'm healthier. You're a way to work done. I'm never sick. My doctor says to me, they're shocked at how healthy I am. Everything I put in my.
Speaker 2: No one has ever said that.
Speaker 5: No one, my gpieces, I'm shocked. Okay, the cue and my fan liver shot for full stop.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: That's maybe you're My hearing is poor.
Speaker 1: The thing that's more shocking about this is where did this ever start? Who started this rule? And why is it internationally known as the five second rule.
Speaker 2: We made it up for kids. Kids dropped the shit all the time, like five second rolds fine.
Speaker 1: Pick it up? Oh no, his little history lesson for you. Apparently there's two theories behind it. Apparently Ganghis Khant, who was the Mongol ruler. Apparently he had a rule where if anybody dropped anything on the floor, no food could be wasted, so they had to eat the food that was.
Speaker 2: On the floor during their big banquets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know. He also would women and children, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know if we drop that and they pick up.
Speaker 1: And also TV personality Julia Child, she dropped a pancake in nineteen sixty and said, oh, it's still good.
Speaker 2: This was like live on TV.
Speaker 1: She said it's still good to eat and she picked it up and continued to eat it. I mean the floor a live cooking show, So it could have been Ganghis Khant or Julie Child, We're not sure.
Speaker 5: Two evils A nuther Les is very similar in power.
Speaker 3: The floor in here is pretty grossmus if you're seen, if we dropped a piece of sush or something on here, you'd.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter to you whether it's a wet food or a dry food, because I think that the consistency does change things.
Speaker 4: Because if I dropped a vanilla slice on carpet, you pull up that custard side and it is riddled with fires that I don't want to eat.
Speaker 2: And po okay, let's let's start this off. Here's some nuts. I'm going to throw these on the floor. Over it, you dodge your head. We want to know where you're limited.
Speaker 5: On the ground.
Speaker 4: That's an eclipse breath mint, Yeah, put on the ground, you guys thought, just because this is radio, we could.
Speaker 2: Put it on the ground.
Speaker 5: Game barking orders with me.
Speaker 2: Genghis can now roll it around, to roll it around a.
Speaker 3: Bit five pick it out and pick it out and suck it. You suck it it.
Speaker 2: There was a hair on it that was the longest.
Speaker 4: Oh, come on, let me tell you guys. We're appealing to the Australian public here. They're listening and going. Times are tough. Can barely afford my mortgage. If I dropped a roast chicken on the floor, I can see.
Speaker 1: The cockroaches bag hanging out of your mouth. Your loves to Morney on the phone, I don't even start. What about this lovely piece of sushi.
Speaker 5: That's just a lemon slice?
Speaker 1: Keep his left from my sushi. Drop the lemon slice on the ground.
Speaker 5: I've got a breath men in my mouth.
Speaker 2: Be nice.
Speaker 5: I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: No, you're not going to do it. For the five second, really not going to do it.
Speaker 3: Because we get in trouble putting a sushi on the floor of the radio rates.
Speaker 5: We don't want to We don't want to destroy the radio station.
Speaker 1: I don't believe you, Mitch. I feel like there's got to be something. There's got to be a line, and there's a line for everyone. Okay, Mitch, Can I ask you one more thing?
Speaker 4: Hit me?
Speaker 3: Can you please get down on all fours and lick the ground to prove that you would eat something wet off there, because it's the same thing.
Speaker 4: Everyone in this whole building just looked at you like this isn't some hazing you two.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's okay to eat things off the ground.
Speaker 5: We don't.
Speaker 2: We can't unfortunately, putthing wet on the ground. Can you give a quick lick?
Speaker 5: Little one like you're too out of touch?
Speaker 2: Can you do it?
Speaker 4: Just you know what Britain law are for it, because you would go to their house marble everywhere it's marble stop marble actually yours a gold player to Brits. If I got it, If I drops, I actually make money.
Speaker 2: You're an idiot around because he doesn't want to lick the floor, he's deflecting. Also, we really really believe it. Okay, all falls down licking it? What it days like.
Speaker 4: Life?
Speaker 5: It's actually very savory.
Speaker 2: I don't think the floor is supposed to take shape. You're disgusting.
Speaker 5: Alright, let's go hard.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that we made you do that. I'm not.
Speaker 1: But also it's a really important thing everyone. We probably should stop eating things off the floor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good, peer, say keep going and be healthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When you've got kids, you get grosser and grosser. I've eaten so many disgusting things recently.
Speaker 5: All right, well that's the show in a nutshell. Really