Speaker 1: The Flex in Rooms Daily.
Speaker 2: Podcast, brought to you by Cata.
Speaker 3: Hello and welcome to this most gorgeous edition of Flex on Frames podcast. Maybe you're binging it in a far far away universe like the James Webb telescope looking back in time and US spanshe's having an absolutely gorgeous time.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: Thanks. Okay, let's go.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Frooms on CADA.
Speaker 3: We're going to be talking about one of our favorite topics. Of course, it's dating. Try and stop us. I can't stop.
Speaker 1: And for all the.
Speaker 2: Times we've told you to dump them, break up with them, I think it's only fair that we give you a framework to do so effectively. And that starts with when when is the best time to break up with someone? There is a formula we're going to create it. But before we do that, I came across this article and it was about the five times a year where breakups occur the most.
Speaker 1: Right, when do you think it is off?
Speaker 2: Top?
Speaker 3: After Christmas?
Speaker 1: Yeah? For sure?
Speaker 3: New Year kind of vibe.
Speaker 2: You knew me?
Speaker 3: When winter starts? No, sorry, when winter ends, so cuffing season is over?
Speaker 1: Spring?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What else?
Speaker 2: Was that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Inconclusion always, but here is what we discovered. There was a Yahoo survey. It did come out in two thousand and seven, so one could say it's out of date, but I feel like love is timeless and conversations about love and dating are also timeless, and so the data still stands. But it said that breakups are twice as likely to occur between Christmas and Valentine's Day, absolute feral savages.
Speaker 1: Would you do a Christmas breakup? I wouldn't rule it out. No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: But the most popular times are New Year's Day, Valentine's Day, March.
Speaker 3: I'm a March baby, early.
Speaker 2: November, late November, early December. These things are quite obvious, right, Actually, no, Valentine's.
Speaker 1: Day on the day is absurd to me.
Speaker 2: Really, day before day, after a fair game, fair game, day of brutal Christmas Day, brutal Christmas, Eve, boxing day, fair game, fair games, early November I think is the perfect time nip it in the bud. However, here's where it gets a bit confusing. If we're saying that New Year's Day is rogue, Valentine's Day is rogue, Christmas is rogue. I think Halloween is not a great time, and East is not a great time either. I also feel like you can't really break up with someone a month before or after their birthday. I think that's a bit mean as well, because chances are they factored you into that celebration or there's an expectation that because you're meeting a milestone, the gift is going.
Speaker 1: To be good.
Speaker 3: I don't want to break up with someone right after their birthday because that means I won't get a present on my birthday exactly. That's where my man's at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't think of that at all, but thank you for taking me there with you. I think the correct formula is you're allowed to break up with someone a month before their birthday if you've already received your gift. If you haven't received your gift, it's a month after your birthday.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: If your birthday falls on a major holiday in and around a month either side, then you're gonna have to pick the birthday or the major holiday. For instance, if your birthday is November and you want a Christmas present, so sorry, break up past to occur in January.
Speaker 3: I understand you get it. End.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if your birthday is in April, but you don't want to be single for winter.
Speaker 1: Birthday? Spring? Cut them off, cut them loose?
Speaker 3: Do you reckon? You can be in a relationship once I know that, Once I know that I want to break up with someone, I'm doing it straight away.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, No, you've been in.
Speaker 3: A relationship you don't want to be I'm a.
Speaker 2: Very harsh judge of character, and I feel like the closer you ARTI someone, the more you see, the more you judge them harshly. So sometimes I got a second guess, am I just seeing too much? Because we just spent much time together? Do I need just some distance to recalibrate? But this is also the girl that broke up with a boyfriend because.
Speaker 1: The horoscope said, are you serious?
Speaker 2: It's oversimplifying it. But yeah, around there, when was this? I was my am I the asshole, like I just needed the validation. I was going to do it, but this was like a perfect time.
Speaker 3: How did there? Did you say that to me?
Speaker 1: No? But that was why.
Speaker 2: If it's already bubbling, it's dead, and to me, it wasn't worth being restored at the time.
Speaker 3: Well, I got dumb as soon as I got back from Schoolies.
Speaker 2: That's hectic, and I'm so sorry that happened to you.
Speaker 3: It was really sad. And because he wasn't on schoolies with me, so I was like, I think you were like so.
Speaker 1: Here you were being chased on schoolies and.
Speaker 3: My chastity belt was firmly on Wow, Dog Act.
Speaker 1: Dog Act, Fleck and frooms.
Speaker 3: Here, on flicks and frooms we ask the hard questions that no one else is ready to ask.
Speaker 1: Every single day, relentless, thankless.
Speaker 3: It never stops. And today's question is, of course, which are you? There's two types of people in the world. What are some types like tomato tomato sure, tomato sauce and the fridge, tomato sauce in the cupboard, terrible tomato sauce and burgers or no tomatoes again.
Speaker 2: Or controversially, water at room temp or ice cold. We know what's better for digestion, but socially there's a preferred one.
Speaker 3: True. Well, today's is a simple one. It's one that all humans and aliens around the globe can relate to, and that is you are a fart or a burper. I'm gonna kick it off with what I am. Great, thank you for disclosing. I'm not even gonna make you guess. Okay, great, I'm not here to play games. I'm here to go all in for farting. I cannot believe when I say, are you a burper or a farter, that anyone would ever choose burping belching? Is this what would one prefer? Or what one does more often?
Speaker 1: Both?
Speaker 3: So I'm a natural born fart and I want to keep it that way. So I am both fart by nature and fart by nurture.
Speaker 1: Oh amazing.
Speaker 3: However, burping, I don't know you're a burper. What do you think you're a burper? Really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Up the gullet, up the gullet.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm happy to disclose that I'm in fact a far now. You have seen me on occasion try to get out of burp. But I don't have the reflexes. My guzzler isn't built for that. I really have to push stuff out. If I was a burper, I wouldn't be as flem me. True, this stuff is stays clogged. Nothing's coming in, nothing's going out.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gona know because we have spent some time together. Now we have gone to the toilet at the same time. Was that you and the cubicle before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you giggled, and.
Speaker 2: I thought because you knew I was in there, so I giggled with I didn't know why were you giggling if you didn't know he was in there.
Speaker 3: I was giggling because I went in and there was no toilet paper, and you didn't say anything. So I did a little way, then got up and waddled to the next toilet. There was no toilet paper. What was I to do?
Speaker 1: And then came back to the original toilet?
Speaker 3: Nah? Nah?
Speaker 1: So when when did the flush occur? Oh?
Speaker 3: No flush it was it was a millimeter of we Anyway, I digress, as you would say, I'm all for farting.
Speaker 2: I want to circle back. How do you soil a public toilet and then not flush?
Speaker 3: As I say?
Speaker 1: It was like you wake up at three am?
Speaker 2: Or let me just quickly let one loose, don't want to wake up the roomys go back to bed, let me not. People say I'm mean, I I just say I'm observant.
Speaker 3: Do you know how I felt waddling with my skirt.
Speaker 2: I don't mean to beerate you in your time of need. However, you walked into a bathroom with one cubicle in use. Presumably that cubicle had toilet paper. You went into yours the far right, it's there's three, did a little little tinkle apparently it's not twinkled tinkle. Did a little tinkle maybe while we're talking twenty mills.
Speaker 3: Thirty one millimeter, it was a drop thirty mills.
Speaker 2: Then used your pelvic floor to hold in the rest, zip it up, went to another cubicle. And at no point did you think just to ask the person in the cubicle for toilet paper.
Speaker 3: Look earlier in the week, you shamed me, you pissed shamed me. I did because I wee like a horse, and I'd do it again, And so I didn't want to be outing myself as a person who's next to you in a cubicle saying can I.
Speaker 1: Have some toilet paper? Your nation? Shame?
Speaker 3: It was your nation, And yes, I'm a father, flex and frooms.
Speaker 2: It seems like in the year twenty twenty two, it's becoming increasingly easier and as difficult as ever to become a millionaire. One might say that you take the traditional route.
Speaker 1: You go to.
Speaker 2: UNI, get a job, work for sixty five years, and then maybe acquire a million dollars over your lifetime. Some people have taken a different route, which involves unboxing toys. We talked about a seven year old who made twenty two million dollars in one year from unboxing toys obscene. I have now come to counter that with an even more absurd story, one that feels like it should have a fact or cap headline. But I'm going to avoid that and just tell you the truth. There was a Game of Girl called Belle Delphine who made ten million dollars alleged from selling her used bathwater. Some would say legends are born. I think that legends are made through wacky stunts like this for thirty bucks a pop, I'm pretty sure that was USD. I want to do a quick currency conversion, maybe about forty bucks fifty five? Anyway, you think double almost double? I thought the pound was almost double.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get you a litt legnin Okay.
Speaker 2: She is a Game of girl sometimes makes adult content. Has been known to do a few salacious, stunty things for you know, a few clicks. But when you've got millions of followers, a few clicks can easily turn into millions of dollars.
Speaker 1: In your account. Please let us know.
Speaker 3: Girl Boss, so forty USD dollars is fifty six Australian dollars.
Speaker 1: That's terrible.
Speaker 3: Told you I'm amazing.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you are amazing.
Speaker 2: So not only confirmes guests the make and model of any car in Australia by sight, she has a two to five success right, that's like a forty percent. She can also do exchange currency converting.
Speaker 1: I digress.
Speaker 2: I feel like we've been going about entrepreneurship in the wrong way. Had I ever thought about selling my own bath order? I haven't do I even take baths. No, I'm a shower girl. I am a shower girl. But if it could make me ten milli USD, I would do far less for.
Speaker 1: That much money. I mean, wait, you would.
Speaker 2: So. I think in the next coming weeks we have to put some of these things.
Speaker 3: To the test, just because I will detest selling my bathworts.
Speaker 2: Are they flukes or are they strategies that can be replicated for success?
Speaker 1: If we start on boxing.
Speaker 2: Toys on YouTube, maybe two three EP's, I want to see how much money could flow in from that. Okay, if we start rickrolling people like Soldier Boy, you know, we can get famous. We could be soldier boys if we jump into separate baths.
Speaker 1: Bottle that up. Put it on Chopify.
Speaker 3: So just before this segment, our producer Brook told us that you know when you go to hotels and there's like sometimes a weird film on the bath, like outside the bath, that's.
Speaker 1: Skin that's disgusting.
Speaker 3: That's people's skin that they've slored off, ill in the bar, slopped it off, and their skin has just covered the bath in a salutical slushy poutical, you know, salutical.
Speaker 2: No. I would love to have maybe like a eighty six minute conversation with you about all the ways that hotels are disgusting. There was this one chicken made this tell all video. It was short, maybe a minute, and she used to be a hotel cleaner, and she said that they would never wash the glasses. Just a bit of ajax spray and wipe, you know, get the blue cloth, chuck it back up the glasses. Like the glasses. Yeah, the ones you sit from, the ones that are for consumption.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm going to barley soon.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this is flex and frooms on KEDA.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: There's not a day that goes by when I don't discover another insecurity, not of my own, but just on the internet.
Speaker 3: Do you have any insecurities?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got heaps, but I don't disclose because if I see them and I tell everyone and they see them, well now they're real.
Speaker 1: Yes, So you just pretend you don't for optics and suffer in silence alone.
Speaker 3: Do you tell your friends though, Well, it comes up.
Speaker 2: I won't hide it, but I'm not gonna share it. But yes, I go on the internet and people like, oh, you know, that's space between your top lip and the bottom of your nose.
Speaker 1: And like, what about it?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: People have the insecurities about the distance between the bottom of their nose and the top of their lip. And I'm just like, okay, these are all things. Have your insecurities. I'm not gonna be the insecurity police, but I'm just like, Okay, there are a few key call ones and then the rest we have to let them go. But as I was scrolling on the clock app, I saw this video of a girl selfie mode front camera sitting in what appears to be a medical office of some sort, not her account.
Speaker 1: I thought was weird. But she was talking.
Speaker 2: About how for the longest time, she's felt really insecure about her voice, that it's too high pitched, and so she's gone to the surgeon's office to deepen it. I'll do some voice acting. Okay, here's what she sounds like. Hey everyone, for the longest time, I've had an insecurity that my voice is too high and I think it makes me sound like a child.
Speaker 1: And so I'm.
Speaker 2: Sitting with Doctormlem to see what he can do for me. She gets the surgery the next day, so he's done this. She had the Flax special. So I'm really happy with my voice at the moment. I feel like I sound like a mature woman. This is what I've ached for for the last fifteen years. I'm so happy. And the comments naturally were tearing her app This is not one of those moments where you're like, oh, you know, like I don't like my back girls, and everyone's like yeah, it's saying they were like.
Speaker 3: You are on his ass.
Speaker 1: Your voice was perfect.
Speaker 2: Can I be honest, I don't like your new voice. You sound like a man. And then she's in the comments fighting for her life. You don't enter, you don't enter, you don't enter, just let it play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so okay to they like cut the vocal cords or something.
Speaker 2: It was like before and after she comes out to the tube, resurgeon was like, can you make this noise?
Speaker 1: Ah? And then in the before it's.
Speaker 2: Like ah, and the after it's like oh. And then he was like, you see, in forty eight hours, you too could deepen your voice like this person. And I need to nail home the point. We all have insecurities. But I just feel like if we were sitting in a room on our own, in our lonesome, these insecurities would be I don't know, ninety percent lessened. What kind of interaction do we need to be having in society where some persons felt so traumatized by the pitch of their voice.
Speaker 1: Now snipping chords.
Speaker 2: And now she's finally happy with herself. I presume she might have Bier's remorse. You know, it was very quick. She was still in her surgical garms making the video, and now everybody's roasting her. Her new insecurity is going to be I was bullied by fifteen year olds on TikTok for doing something nice for myself.
Speaker 3: Always fifteen year olds brutal you see, and the issue here is that people that are often going out and getting surgery have dysmorphia.
Speaker 1: Is that a stat it is?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hectic?
Speaker 3: So poor cis Can you do your deepest voice?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's what's the word alphabet A, b ab CD, E f G.
Speaker 1: My voice is already pretty deep.
Speaker 3: No, it's not that was hard? What are you already?
Speaker 1: ABC?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna stop you right there.
Speaker 1: Okay ab CD you should have led with that. You would show and tell, just to show and tell. Don't ask me to join.
Speaker 3: Roast it.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms.
Speaker 3: It's time for my favorite segment, and that segment is called love Line, where you our dear listeners, send in a dilemma of the relationship variety nice and we will match you with a song to send you on your merry way and.
Speaker 2: A bit of advice ulicited. No, it's not unsolicited. If you met the gin with a request, flexus advice and rooms is banter.
Speaker 3: Hey, I ha, I've got a lot to say about this one today, Love Line. Should I let my ex call me pet names? Now? Right off the bat, I want.
Speaker 2: To say, God, yes, I'm not giving up a pet name. You think I'm gonna go back and be regressed.
Speaker 1: If there's a pet name I'm sticking on.
Speaker 3: All right, I get back to Lacinda. Hey, Lacinda, I know.
Speaker 1: So rude that grinds my gears.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you about this true in justice. My boyfriend and I broke up six months ago. He dumped me, period. We still remain friends because we are in the same friendship group, so much so that we will go away on weekends trips as a group and we try not to make it awkward.
Speaker 1: Can relate, can you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Wow, I am pretty cool with this, but obviously I'm still feeling a little bit sensitive given I was the dumb pee.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Dump truck. Anyway, Anyway, when we're in the same space, he still calls me pet names. For example, we were in the kitchen at the Airbnb when we all went away and it was just him and me making chicken tacos for the group, and he would say things like, hey, Munchie, can you pass the sauce boat, Hey, pigeon, past the mayo, because we used to call each other munch. Of course, yeah, it makes sense. This really bothers me because it feels too intimate and I know he doesn't want to get back together. I think he's seen someone else.
Speaker 1: Should a.
Speaker 3: Munchie has entered the chat, that's bold. This is a tricky one for me.
Speaker 1: I don't think it is. It's very simple. Then you tell me why is it so tricky.
Speaker 3: Because often I get called Lucinda, which is just absurd.
Speaker 1: You find that rude. I'm hurt for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, because I hit them with a pet name.
Speaker 1: Of course any.
Speaker 2: Sound person would if we're not on pet name status.
Speaker 1: Let's not talk.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm thinking about this situation. I'm taking myself out of there.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's promove ourselves.
Speaker 3: I am sad for her that he is calling her munchie.
Speaker 1: And seeing someone else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't call me munchie if you're routing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean you're laying down pipe stick to the government name.
Speaker 3: I think that he is in the wrong. I think he should stop calling her Munchie and instead go back to her legal name, which i'd say it's Licinda. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But also in this instance, this person's messaged in. They've said I was broken up with. Only people who've been broken up with make the distinction. If you've done the breaking up, you say we broke up, you know, so let's just make that clear. Number two, it's been six months. That's fresh to me. Me too, that's pretty fresh. You're in the same friend group. You are never healing, you are never recovering. So while someone who was completely fine with this would not message us, you have, which leads me to believe you are uncomfortable with the current dynamic. You don't want to be single. You don't appreciate the pet names, not because it's too close to home, but because he's pet naming you and seeing someone else, and as you said, he doesn't want to get back together with you. These are all bad things compound together a terrible thing well with no solution because you're in the same friend group.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hasoc You've been listening to the Flegs and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, Tune in Decada on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.