Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms on Kaita Flex and Frooms Podcast Edition. Today's show is going to be so delicious.
Speaker 2: You sick in me, You sick in me.
Speaker 3: I'm disgusted, and yet I have to sit next to you daily and experience this all for myself.
Speaker 1: There are themes that crop up in my life. One would say that they find me. My little FBI agent in my phone is making sure that at any given time, if I like something, it's all I'm seeing on every social media platform.
Speaker 3: It's so awful when you put those little toe picks up on Instagram makes me feel physically ill.
Speaker 2: Does it really? Yeah? WHOA? But I think that's nice.
Speaker 3: I think you're subverting the narrative that you have to always be talking about proper things. Yourys have to be making beautiful photos and videos.
Speaker 1: Never light and shade. But today we're going to talk about this movie I watched on Disney Plus. If you're not in Australia, I think you watch it on Hulu, but I don't know. It's called Fresh. It's a horror comic, which those two things. Initially, I say, no, I want horrors and I want thrillers. I don't really want to watch a comedy, but together it creates this really self aware, self referential movie. Freshes about this woman who signed herself so dissillusioned with dating that she taps out only to run into a really charming guy in the supermarket and they start a love affair. She's like, this is so crazy. You can meet people in real life. I am the exception. I'm so lucky. She falls fast for this guy, ignoring all the red flags and ends up a victim to his cannibalistic ways. Rip. But that's not what this is about, talking about how all this chat about red flags isn't doing anything to say to us when it matters.
Speaker 2: It certainly isn't.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's get into it.
Speaker 4: This is flex and frooms on Kada.
Speaker 1: Someone sent me a DM the other day, and I always love when I check my dms and there's content in there that makes me think this person really gets meat. Because some people think they get me and they send me Twilight memes from twenty ten, the ones that have been rinsed, like we saw those on Tumbler. I've seen this one. Okay, it's the thought that counts. It is the thought that counts. But that's what I'm saying you get these really good ones, You're like, wow, they get me. Anyway, it's about this company, this startup called Bite Labs that grow meat from celebrity tissue and uses that meat to make artisanal salami. How does that sound to you?
Speaker 2: You know what, I'd ate it.
Speaker 1: This is very exciting to me. This is incredible. So I feel like when I use these phrases, people like I said, what do you mean you like eat the meat? Yes, babe. We take a bit of tissue from the celebrities and then we put them on the little peachery dish, we add some things, we harvest it turn it into dry age solami. It's actually incredible. The whole reason why they've done this is they've said that basically seventy percent of the world's farmland, almost thirty percent of the world's entire soface, is used for raising animals. So meat production today is unsustainable for now, but increasingly unsustainable for the future. And so what they're suggesting that unless we make a radical change right now, there's no drip feeding small small just like closed down one farm at a time, it's not going to work out that way. And also we're going to displace a bunch of farmers in doing that. So instead of trying to remove farms, why don't we today make a change. Right, So, basically, these people have said that if we if we became on board with celebrity meat production, it would require less than one percent of the amount of land needed to sustain traditional farming. So what they want to do is first get the celebrity, do the quick biopsy, make their meat go through this in house curing process, and because they have that tissue, they can keep making the same meat again and again and again as ever renewing meat sell sample. And so if you want to get involved, I was wondering how we could also give them our tissue because I would eat me?
Speaker 2: You would?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Would you eat me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Just a write amount of tomato sauce on it?
Speaker 3: I do. I'm ready to get This is my little cooking hack while we're here. You know those little frankfurts, yes, red boy frankfurts, little red rockets. Chop them up, fry them, and then douse him in tomato sauce.
Speaker 2: Yeah that sounds good like little fingers.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Would I eat it?
Speaker 3: I think what you say about meat production being completely unsustainable my brain isn't ready for that. We are both enormous McDonald's fans.
Speaker 1: McDonald's even real meat. If someone swapped that out for some miscellaneous we wouldn't even know. Like I've eaten Beyond meat before camel meat. It's a good Kane group. Beyond Meat is great, tastes just like meat, and that's coming from me, a picky eater. But Beyond meat is really goes just expensive. But if that's what we need to do to save the planet, so we should do. I think what they should start doing is, you know, instead of saying like this meat was made by using James Franco's meat, just say it's James Franco branded meat. Hmm, okay, in the fine print, say it was made from him. But just get him to endorse it. Before you know it, we're saving the world?
Speaker 3: Is it a real technolog Like? Have they got to go?
Speaker 1: So right now, the call to action, essentially for anyone who wants to get involved in saving the world is go to their website buy labs dot com. Maybe I don't know, And what they want you to do is they've got a list of celebrities that are on their hit list. Essentially, that they think have you know, the greatest reach and the greatest possibility of having this become a mainstream success. So they've drafted a tweet that you just need to copy and paste into your Twitter, send it, and hopefully it goes viral so we can save the world.
Speaker 2: Well, lets us to do a taste test first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, let's buy some meat.
Speaker 2: Let's do that and see what's beyond me.
Speaker 1: If any celebrities have offered up their meat yet, because I think there's an issue with IP and ownership, Like, if I'm giving you my literal body and you're now profiting and making renewable and infinite amounts of meat from my meat, where's the cut.
Speaker 3: The way that we can get around this is get the farmers to harvest their body and then we can let them retire from the farms and just make money off.
Speaker 1: That's quite good. Yeah, that's quite genius.
Speaker 2: Actually, thank you.
Speaker 1: A one was for free too.
Speaker 4: You're listening to flex and frooms on Kita.
Speaker 1: Listen to this. Researchers have found that loneliness is just as lethal as smoking fifteen cigarettes per day. Lonely people are fifty percent more likely to die prematurely than those with healthy social relationships. Grim, that's very exciting.
Speaker 2: What about that would be exciting?
Speaker 1: Well, because if you're a smoker, it's really bad for you. No, being a nighteel with no friends is worse.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess it's kind of like ciggie breaks. I think that's a big part of why people continue smoking, is because they like the social thing of going outside and having a CIGGI.
Speaker 1: We need to quiz a few cigarette smokers.
Speaker 2: Do you smoke cigarettes?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: How often?
Speaker 1: No, you've seen this skin? Shut up? You let that go for way too long. No, I don't smoke cigarettes, so I think you can tell by my complexion. Also, I told you don't have an addictive personality. It's not my vibe. Well, you're very lucky, then pick things up, let things go. It's that simple to me.
Speaker 4: This is flex and frooms on Kada.
Speaker 1: Last week, I wanted to tell you about this movie called Fresh. I watched it recently on Disney Plus. Didn't pay for that myself.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I asked for your log into.
Speaker 1: And I borrowed Seleiha's my best friend, because I was like, I'm not paying for another subscription, So I was not again, I've got Amazon Prime, Netflix. Hey you, I'm not doing it, but I borrowed her looking and like a borrower can't then pass on the subscription. I could never do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's really We could probably talk about that on a segment.
Speaker 1: Yeah truly. But yes. I watch this movie called Fresh and the only reason it had come across my radar is because of this dance scene on TikTok, and everyone's like, no, it has nothing to do with the movie. The movie is so good, it's so deep, and I was like, how deep can a horror comedy be? I digress. The movie is about the protagonist, this girl called Noah, and she finds herself really disillusioned with dating. She's like, I like one swipe after the next, I'm not into it. I'm not finding anything that's right for me. She goes on these dates. She's just like, you know what, I'm gonna tap out. I'm just I don't date anymore. I am over and I'm off it, which is not an unusual approach. Like, we know plenty of people who have just decided that dating's not for them. If someone crosses their path, they'll consider it, but if not, they're good tell me why. In this movie, this girl goes to a supermarket and she gets stopped by this guy in the fruit asle who's like, hey, like, how are you going. Have you tried these cotton candy grapes? They just taste just like cotton candy, And she's like, ah, yeah, no, like I haven't had them anyway. That sparks the conversation between her and this guy. They chat for about five minutes. He gives her his number, and suddenly she's just so excited about the prospect of finding romance of some sort. She's very common people pretend they hate dating and romance, so they got no options. You get one time, you get one lukewarm option, and suddenly you're all down for it. Now, I'm going to pause right here to say this movie has been out for almost a year, so I'm gonna spoil it because if you wanted to see it, you would have seen it by now. So long story short, she ends up dating this guy casually. He has a ton of red flags that she ignores so much show that she ends up at his private estate. She gets drugged by him, wakes up chained. The fl law turns out her new boyfriend is accounable. Oh yah. And the thing that pains me so is that every step of the way, the red flags were flagging. The red flags were flagging, and she ignored them because Number one, her lack of success in dating had made her desperate. Yeah, so desperate. She didn't even realize she was that desperate because she refused to acknowledge a creepy guy because he was handsome and showed her her kindness. These particular red flags, I have no doubt most people would ignore if the person was attractive.
Speaker 2: So what are some of the red flags?
Speaker 1: I was hoping you'd ask.
Speaker 2: I was hoping you'd ask.
Speaker 1: Honestly, when I was watching this movie, I had to stop because I found myself wanting to just like yell at her, like, what do you mean you're ignoring this? Yeah, he's cute. He's like a moly attractive random man. But he's just some guy who's the Sebastian Stan never heard of him. Yeah, okay, here are some of the red flags. Number One, he has no social media. Now, when someone says to me they don't have social media, I feel like you don't use it, you just don't have it. As in, like if someone has social media and doesn't use it. I think, whatever, but to not have it. If I'm dating a twenty eight year old with no social media, I'm like, this is sus. You're either hiding your mistaken identity, you've got a partner, or you're being a contrariyanto a fault. It's too much for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My one of my best friends doesn't didn't have social media until about two months ago. And it's like she is starting from scratch. She's like, I didn't know, Like this is so much pressure, Like feels the pressure one hundred percent more like she's jumping into cold water.
Speaker 2: What was her reason for not having a contrarian? I'd say, yeah, at.
Speaker 1: Least you know I mean, Lisa, you know. So the second one, which is a huge, huge one, he refuses to tell her anything about himself straight up. He dodges questions about himself left and right. He deflects them back onto. For example, she'll say do you have any siblings? He's like, oh, siblings? Do I look like a sibling kind of person? What about you? Do you have siblings? And then before you're not She's talking about herself and again and again and again and so what she registered this as was, oh my god, he's so interested in getting to know me. He's asking me questions. Green flag. Before she knows her friends are like, wait, what does this guy do? Like, even when he said his occupation he's a doctor, she didn't ask any questions like what kind of doctor are you? You're a pediatrician, you're a surgeon. He's an asked doctor, you know what. He just flipped it back on her, and she's like, oh, he's so interested in getting to know me. That's two off the.
Speaker 2: Bat, and they're big ones.
Speaker 3: That's like character faults as a person, regardless of if you're dating them or not.
Speaker 1: The third one, when they go home together for the first time, he is like, we're moving to fast. I don't want to sleep if you or do anything. Within three minutes switches up. It's like, actually, I'm keen.
Speaker 2: He's a genius.
Speaker 3: Will we should be taking dating tips from this man, to be honest, because.
Speaker 1: As soon as he got there, he was like, you know what, We're not gonna do anything. I want to talk. She let her guard down immediately, and then the moment he sat next to her, she was like smoke and he was like smoke and they're like, let's fuck, that's three so far we haven't even gotten to the halfway point. The big hey, he's a cannibal thing.
Speaker 4: Four So yeah.
Speaker 1: The fourth one is after knowing each other for like three minutes, not knowing anything about who is his full name, where he works, what he does for work, who his friends are, where he lives, none of this vital information. He's okay, we should go on a trip together. We should go to my holiday house. And everybody knows that the sign of progress in a new relationship is like the going away together to her holiday and it's very exciting family holiday house. But she's not remembering. She like this is some strange man. And when her friends remind her of this fact, she's like, no, you don't get it. Like he's really nice, and like he's so charming and he really likes me. You're like, don't rain on my parade, don't ruin my vibe. He's a good guy. Tell me why. As they're driving to the holiday house, so before they leave to start their drive, she's like, where is it again, He's like, oh, I didn't tell you. Oh it's nearby, so and so you might not be familiar with it, but I'll show you a well that way, okay, So I can't know where we're going. Then, as they're getting ready to go, he's like, oh, I checked the traffic and it's gonna be really bad traffic. So why don't we stop at my house on the way, stay the night at my house, and then go to the holiday house. At this rate, both of you just stay home go tomorrow. So then when she's like, okay, where is it, he's like, I'll tell you later. So you don't know where you're going. I don't know how long it's going to take. You can't tell your friends where you are. And at this point you're like, but you don't get him. He's good something.
Speaker 2: It's for a mantic you know exactly.
Speaker 1: You know what he's taking charge. He's planning dates. You're just jealous because your man would never Then it gets worse. They're in the car driving to his house to go to his holiday house. She's like, I don't have reception. He's like, oh yeah, it's terrible up here. You know, it'll kick you in When we'll get to my house. She's like, how far away are we? He's like, chill, right, just you're always stressing about details. Let your hair out, Relax, it's all good. They get to his house, tell me why. She's like. He's like, oh, do you want to drink? And she's like, oh, I just really want to call my friends. He's like, sit down and sit down, relax, don't worry about that. She's like, Okay, send more. If these were isolated incidents spread over the course of six months, maybe you wouldn't notice it's been two weeks.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing I feel like, when things happen to you in quick succession from another person a decns at times, you used to this person taking you by surprise, right, So then it just becomes part of their quirky personality, Like, of course he's going to act like that.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is exactly what he would do. And so, long story short, she gets to his actual home. He gives her a drink. He's like, do you taste anything different in it? And she's like, oh, apriclot. He's like guess again. She's like pitch. She's like guess again, and then he's like, I drugged.
Speaker 2: You, and then she does she like pass out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she passes out. She wakes up chain to the Crown turns out not only is he accountable, but what he does is he kidnaps women, and then he, while they're alive, he cuts and hacks off bits of their limbs and sells them to rich men who have also a kink and a fetish and a hunger for newbile woman meat?
Speaker 2: Does she end up dying? I can't tell you that.
Speaker 1: Oh you've you're not?
Speaker 2: No, of course, she gets out, she missed a feeling, she missing a finger?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, guess what he cuts off first.
Speaker 2: Third toe her bum?
Speaker 1: What? Yeah? He gives her an anti bound She's bound to the ground.
Speaker 2: The point is, though, wait, like how much of the bum.
Speaker 1: Like the meaty bits or the fatty bits? Cut right? I say all this to say, every week we come on here, we talk about dating, We talk about red flags. You get on TikTok red flags, this is a nick whatever, And when push comes to shoves, people are interested in like the creative writing of it all to be able to say, I know what a red flag looks like, and I can explain it in a really beautiful way. But in practice, this girl, who her character was not some ditsy empty head bimbo, was sort of framed as like this really cerebral feminist girl who had decid I had to opt out of dating because it wasn't working for her, and she'd seen it all before and she knew better. Imagine her surprise and she's like, fuck, I'm that girl, like so desperate to be seen that I'm in this predicament where I am now chained to the ground and I'm rich man meat. It's quite sad if you think about it. Red flags have lost or meaning to me, to be honest, seriously, it's too the language is too advanced. Literally, I was going to post a TikTok the other day saying that my red Flag four people are seeing them with inside out umbrellas, like broken umbrellas in.
Speaker 2: The Sydney rain. I'm like, it's so so fucking embarrassing. I go to you, an elitist, and I have a doozy few flecks.
Speaker 1: Let me hear it.
Speaker 3: This was sent in by one of our man listeners. Oh, I know you're thinking OMN on the airwaves, so sure is. And he wants to know if his girlfriend went too far at a bachelorette party. I don't believe she did listen to this Hey, I'm looking for some perspective. I understand and appreciate the view. Every relationship is different and has different boundaries. I like him, but the purpose of this post is to ask you for your opinion on the situation. My girlfriend of three point five years went on a bachelorette party and to her own admission, it was a wild weekend. They got a striper one of the nights, and she sent me a video the next morning that a friend of hers took of her lying on a couch with all the girls in the room and the stripper on top of her, touching and moving her legs, smacking the side of her leg ass and kissing her on the neck and air humping in multiple sex positions, all while her skirt rode up and you can fully see her underwear about six inches from his You know what? WHOA All the girls are screaming, laughing and watching, and she's laughing in the video. When I immediately responded wtf about the video, she acted surprised and she thought she She said she shared it because she heard was funny. I think this is borderline cheating, and even if it's not cheating, it makes me very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: And enraged to.
Speaker 3: See do you think this is cheating? What would you do if this was your significant other? I'm just looking for your opinions. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I love the way that was phrased because we can easily be like, you know what it's is it cheating to you? We can flip it back, but we won't. What do you reckon off the dome?
Speaker 2: Yes, he's allowed to feel sad, but is it cheating?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: To me, cheating is when things are done in secret. What Yeah, to me, any kind of chet cheating is when you're doing things that you don't want me to know that you're doing. So that could be like emotional cheating. You're like messaging a chick from work, sending your memes all day and like I don't know, doing other dodgy stuff, or it could be you know, sexual stuff. But to me, if you're having a little bit of a sexual bachelorette style experience in front of all of your friends and you're sending me the video, then it's not cheating. But he's still entitled to feel a bit upset. But also, yeah, see that.
Speaker 1: Just sounds like I just feel like saying that secrecy is more is worse than if something was public, means that you leave yourself susceptible to not using your own nuance to figure out if things are bad or not, like your idea of like, if it's in private, it must be bad. If it's in public, it must be okay. We do cook stuff in public all the time. It's not okay, like what Well. For example, let's say I'm your boyfriend, right, We're at a party, please bright tell We're at a party and you see me surrounded by people. Everyone's like, do a dare, do a dare? Give her a kiss? He's like, ah, to a dare? Maxon with this girl. And there's like a crowd of one hundred people. Is it not cheating because there was an audience.
Speaker 2: Very valid point to the point of.
Speaker 1: This person, though, I think that, yeah, if you think she took it too far, she took it too far. I think that if I were seeing a video of my person stimulating simulating sex acts for the stranger, yeah, it'd be funny about it, but I guess the context of a bachelorette party makes it kind of okay. Wouldn't be comfortable with it. And as always, if you have to message flex and rooms to ask it's probably wrong, exmin it right, something's not correct. I really feel for you because it's very easy to feel deranged when you're letting someone know that their actions are made you feel uncomfortable, especially if they're doing a freeman being like it was in public. How could it be wrong if I had an audience and the audience liked it also well.
Speaker 3: On the contrary, maybe she was sending the video because she felt bad.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're getting ahead of it. You're getting a control, control the narrative. That's also it too. And by I mean, I don't want to say you are ghastly, because that's not the phrase I'm looking for. But when somebody's sending you something and then pretending not to see that, it could offend you. So you either way, you look deranged when you're like, I don't like this. By the time this reaches you, fine caller, it's going to be too late. I'm sure you've done whatever you needed to do to make yourself feel batter about the situation, So I hope it worked out.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast. For more, tune Inticata on dab or check it out right here on iHeartRadio,