Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show.
Speaker 2: Podcast Christian O'Connell's show. Now, what happened at the chicken shops?
Speaker 3: All right? Awkward moment you say that my local chicken and chips. I want to get your opinion of her, because I think I was in the right there in the wrong. I ordered a chicken rap and a regular chips. What does a regular chips mean to you?
Speaker 2: Just your chippies? Like a minimum to fishing.
Speaker 3: Minimum regular chips? Twelve dollars, I said, just chip potato. I actually put it on the pay pals thing to walk away, start cooking, and I wait for her to come back. I said, twelve dollars is a bit steep for chips, is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sorry, that's it.
Speaker 4: Is that with chicken salt.
Speaker 3: Not even with.
Speaker 2: Chicken salt.
Speaker 4: Is one creepy determined like how good were these chips?
Speaker 3: So I pay for it. Then it comes it's like chips for they would feed three or four people. Then I look at the boards.
Speaker 2: This point is a grown it's gotta fed out.
Speaker 3: This is their chip order small, medium, regular, large, jumbo. I have so many options. Small and regular is the same thing. All the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think regular is basically small. Is that you either go regular or large. That's it.
Speaker 3: There's no small, medium, no something else then large, mediums in between small, large.
Speaker 2: Yeah, medium weight, heavyweight. In boxing and martial arts, we all understand the system.
Speaker 3: And when I'm confused about why it costs twelve dollars, why don't you say, hey, this will feed your family. It's just you who you're here by myself, I would give you a.
Speaker 2: Heads up, like or you're either really hungry or is this for the work site.
Speaker 3: I don't want to killogram worth of chip.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 3: So she gave me. I had to do the awkward thing where I said, well, I don't want tips for three people. So she took it back. Oh, and she gave me seven dollars in change my chips. No, I didn't want that many chips.
Speaker 2: But who's prepared to actually send back chips.
Speaker 4: It's not like they can resell it.
Speaker 3: No, but maybe they can eat it on their lunch break.
Speaker 4: That is confusing, though they obviously don't know the meaning of what regular means.
Speaker 3: I don't know. They don't know, and I actually wanted them to know. This was a learning experience for them, because if I.
Speaker 2: Just that's so kind of you, isn't it, Tony Robins.
Speaker 3: Ifighters took the chips, then they wouldn't think anything of it. But if I made it a bit big stink, a small stinks handle the money about the change, then they would go, yeah, we probably aren't really paying attention to how badly we've put those sizes on the board.
Speaker 2: Wow, wee peratsy. Would you? I bet would you have said anything? I would have moaned about it privately, but not I've actually said, can I have a refund on these chips?
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't moan. You still had to be there to know how.
Speaker 2: I had to tell me now that I'm the lady fit out, you're a calamato where there?
Speaker 3: Now I understand what happened. Just as chips, there's there's way too many chips here. This is for obviously, for four people.
Speaker 2: Every day that other chips regular, extra regular, so large.
Speaker 3: I am but one man a small chips. Please have these chips go back to you don't want the chip, I want small chips. Please don't need a small.
Speaker 2: Family and friends cows.
Speaker 3: I noticed the small chips on the cost five dollars and I played paid twelve, so.
Speaker 2: Seven dollars made you made it weird for them.
Speaker 3: I did make it weird for them so that they would know that they've made a mistake on the board.
Speaker 4: Did they hand it back like cash proper cashion? Yes, that would have been awkward, so awkward, because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and you've got to like there go, there's your money, that open up the tail, but you have to get the super come over to supervisor.
Speaker 3: I'm shocked. I actually thought I would come in here and you guys were all banded together and take.
Speaker 2: Your overpriced chips and eat them in the car. I'm shocked. I'm sorry, I'm shocked. We should know a phone into that about what you've actually sent back. Has anyone been more petty than some chips? I'm sorry, it's petty. It's chips.
Speaker 3: Actually a part of me thought they might be running a conspiracy where people would ask for regular chips. They know full well regular means small, and they're selling them for twelve dollars, especially for things like uber eats where people can't send them back and it's already all done.
Speaker 2: A chip piracy.
Speaker 5: Was it clearly advertised on the board, small, medium, regularly and the different prices wasn't.
Speaker 3: On the It was on the board.
Speaker 2: But who reads always with the consumer?
Speaker 3: Who reads the board to order to.
Speaker 2: Upgrade? Is it? Everyone knows? You go, that's the one on one. It's called the menu.
Speaker 3: You don't you look at the wraps or the burg to go? All right, I'll have that wrap and obviously a small chips. I know what that is. That's universal. I'll be safe to not look at the board for that one.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 3: I'm shocked. I'm not getting this shot too.
Speaker 2: Christian connell Show podcast, Christian O'Connell's show. You don't believe what Chack did yesterday. I out of all the people that we work with on this team, I never would have figured you would have done this.
Speaker 3: I pitched up picked up a hitchhiker yesterday for the first time in my life. Innocent looking guy walking along and had his thumb up. And when I saw it, it was like when you see a penny farthing or something. You're like, oh my god, you don't see.
Speaker 2: That at all anymore.
Speaker 3: A hitchhiker. And I thought, you know what, own to shock myself, shock my team. I'm going to pull over and pick up this hitchhiker.
Speaker 2: Wow, so describe in twenty thirties, because straight away when you I mean years ago, right when I was going, my dad used always pick up hitchhikers. It used to used to see it. It was a common thing to get around places, was hitchhiking, and that most of them would have a little cardboard temporary sign that would say where they were trying to get to, and if you were going along the way, you would take them, like a couple of k's there and then drop them off and someone else to do it. So it was a normal thing to see hitchhikers. Now now you really don't. You're too worried that you might get attack.
Speaker 3: Sadly, yes, well I didn't think of that at the time. He looked innocent enough.
Speaker 2: What does innocent mean?
Speaker 3: He was like nineteen or twenty, probably only like five foot nine.
Speaker 2: I would do you think I could take him if he went I just did.
Speaker 4: He didn't look like someone because serial killers aren't all.
Speaker 3: He just didn't look like someone who would attack. I don't think he I didn't realize as I pulled up to him. So he's walking in the same direction I'm driving, So I'm only really seeing in the back of him. He's got his thumb out, but also trying to get somewhere, which I also like because I thought, oh, he's at least helping himself get there. He just wants to get up there a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm not getting on that big I'm not gonna do all this internal dialogue. I gotta be honest. If I'm desperate to get someone, I see someone like Jack put do you know what actually I'm thinking about? It's a lovely that I'll walk a little bit further.
Speaker 3: He couldn't believe his luck when I pulled over. He was an interesting character. I'll say that.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't ntil I pulled over that I realized he had an open can of beer in his hand.
Speaker 4: Oh no, not a good sign.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, nice sunny day, and he'd been at the beach with his friends, but he lost his phone on the beach in the sand somewhere, and so now he had.
Speaker 2: No There's too much in this story, isn't there.
Speaker 3: He had no way to get to his friends. All he wanted was a lift, so he jumps in the car. But then I asked him how long he's had his thumb up for he goes almost half an hour and I said, oh, that is way longer. I thought, he goes, Yeah. I guess these days people are worried about I don't know, getting murdered.
Speaker 2: I was. He actually named it.
Speaker 3: Oh God. Then he said, told me the story about the phone. Then he said, and I guess it's calm and me losing my phone because I was at a bush stuff on the weekend and I stole someone's back.
Speaker 2: He got me he's in your car now check.
Speaker 3: Then we actually had a conversation about it. Maybe the universe is trying to teach him a lesson and that he won't do it next time. And he sort of nodded at that and thought, yeah, did you at.
Speaker 2: Any moment then thinking this this could turn this is how I die.
Speaker 3: Actually, as I was getting closer to the station, I saw a police car. I thought, happens. Maybe I could wave out the window, flashing her light.
Speaker 2: Raise your eyeb I've got one, I've got one.
Speaker 3: But I dropped him off. He was innocent enough. You thank you very much. And years ago when Bianco and I were in New Zealand and you will think this is reckless, but we got told that in Queenstown. People hitchhike all the time there in New Zealand is a very friendly.
Speaker 2: It's a very safe country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we tried to hitchhike to the airport when we're leaving Queens.
Speaker 2: Oh my words, a chance like that, and no one would pick us up.
Speaker 3: Someone came and picked us up as pity and said, oh you're I see your suitcases. No one's going to pick you up.
Speaker 2: Who plans on an airport flight? We're going. We don't need to book a TAXI will hitchhike.
Speaker 3: So this is many years later. That was maybe ten years ago. This is me paying it back to the universe. Now I got picked that lady ten years ago, and now I've paid it for it.
Speaker 2: You did a good thing, like perhaps you did your family ever pick up hitchhiker?
Speaker 4: Hell no, no. But back in the seventies and eighties, you're right, it was commonplace. It was absolutely you wouldn't batter an Eyeland.
Speaker 3: So if you saw this guy yesterday, you would.
Speaker 4: Have no way I would have picked him.
Speaker 3: Would you have stopped?
Speaker 2: I don't think I would have done no, because you just think, what's what it going on? Yeah? And I got me honest even if I pulled ug and I saw the can of beer, I just would have gutted it. And I think he would have.
Speaker 3: Understood even more efficive.
Speaker 2: Now I think he would have understood. I was like, all right, there's too much going that wandering around them like an open it's just not the right look that says I want to lift in your car. Oh you got two, both have a beer each and off we go. All right, when have you recently? I don't think I can't remember the last time I saw a hitchhiker.
Speaker 3: Have you maybe we asked have you been a hitchhiker?
Speaker 1: Or have you picked up a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show, Jack can tick off another rite of passage as a parent. After something happened over the weekend.
Speaker 3: We were evacuated from the local swimming pool.
Speaker 2: Mate, this is another notch on your dad belt. Every parent has gone through the pool evacuation, whether it's either Chunder or co Brown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a vomit for us, which I think is worse for the pool, wouldn't you say than a code brand I.
Speaker 2: Could have trained the whole pool, could get everybody out, clean it all out and then refill it.
Speaker 3: How do they clean it?
Speaker 2: Do they say they don't?
Speaker 3: They don't really train the whole pool. It's huge, it's Olympic size swimming pool.
Speaker 4: Don't they just like add more chemicals and stuff. I just scoop the matter.
Speaker 2: Actually, what someone know? Please someone some Do you actually train the whole pool? You're right? What would that take a day?
Speaker 4: And after Philippo, I thought they just like got the knitt for a coke brown.
Speaker 3: I see him getting in there.
Speaker 2: I've been assured so years ago. I think the girls must have been three and five and I was taking them Saturday morning swimming. And the hardest part of taking a kids swimming, when their little kiddies is getting them ready.
Speaker 3: That's the worst.
Speaker 2: Didn't even do the and then you get anxious and no matter how good the time is in the pool and they literally love swimming. Yeah, I get them out and wash them, wash their hair, towel, dry them, get them changed. There's two of them, there's one of me. It was like such a big thing. The bit, the swimming bit was the easy bit. But anyway, and then Oncen't suddenly there was this anybody pleased the pool and the girls like what's handing? What's hand went? I'm not actually sure because I hadn't experienced before. And then I actually saw what it was and there was a there was a large males bar in the pool, and it was a kid's pool. And because everyone was like panicking that, it was like bobbing towards.
Speaker 6: Us, and I was like, girls, get out. I was like waking them before me, say yourselves. Some of the kids don't look who in the pool.
Speaker 2: And the girls remember just laughing so hard and I was and then getting panicky because it was like coming closer to me, and I was like, get the get out of the pool. You have to drag yourself out as well, for that really way too hot. That way too hot kids pull It's like really hot. It's not like the adult pool where it's clear and see through. It's like, I ain't seen any of these kids get up to go to toilet in an hour. Some of these little kids have been in here an hour. They're being in this pool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, so the the cone brand is like a misshile. But then the vomit is.
Speaker 2: Like it's like several jellyfish all just flowing out. There's no bombitfish.
Speaker 3: There's no net that's going to help you pick that.
Speaker 2: There's no way. I'd love to know of anyone who works who wants to call it enormously. Do you get the net? Do you just get anyone out and go through the ring roll? So we all think, oh, they're going to deal with this properly, because let's be honest, it's mainly kids looking after swimm polls at the weekend, isn't it. They're like seventeen eighteen year old. You know, this kid ain't saving anyone's life, not just the boys, and already chatting up the girls, aren't they They're so distracted.
Speaker 3: So we were everyone was kicked out of the whole thing, said no, no swimming.
Speaker 2: Lessons, not a kid's pool.
Speaker 3: No this he's in a kid's shallow section of the full size.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, bloody.
Speaker 3: So they kicked everybody out. They said come back next week. You get an extra credit for your swimming lessons at the end of the year something like that. And we don't know how they did it, but I doubt they drained the whole pool.
Speaker 2: And do you also have that fat do you also get anxious about getting him ready?
Speaker 3: And the hard word, the clothes, change your clothes, getting the towels and getting he doesn't want to wear the swim nappy. Then he doesn't want one of the bathers over the top.
Speaker 4: And then they're too sticky to dress. At the end of the session, like it's like I.
Speaker 3: Stopped dressing him at the end, I just put him in the tower. Were going that we you've got Yeah, I got that tower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Home, Let the tesla warm them up on the seats. Patsy, you had a bit evacuated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had a brown alert one one time I was staying up in Queensland. I think ords was about two at this resort.
Speaker 2: Was there was a Chris had done the brown and no excuse.
Speaker 4: Me, but the pool was closed for like two or three days. We couldn't swim for two or three days.
Speaker 2: They had to big cope brown. It's Queensland. Maybe they take bigger dumps up there.
Speaker 4: It was unbelievable. They did have to like partly drain it and like backed up a truck in refiel.
Speaker 2: Like saws and chainsaws that break up the chocolate lot.
Speaker 4: See, we couldn't swim for like two or three days.
Speaker 1: Such a night it was the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Podcast Christian O'Connell's show. This is just let Jack and Rio have this conversation. Really, I became aware yesterday when Rio contacted me privately that he was actually being groomed by a team member who I'm going to have to say now is Jack Post.
Speaker 3: I can't believe this. I thought what I was offering.
Speaker 2: You a young male producer to dance for you on camp. I'm sorry in any any court of law or ibunal, that's as creepy as dance.
Speaker 3: With me, not dance. I'll be in the dance as well. I thought Rio would be the perfect person. I need four people to dance with me on.
Speaker 2: All young males.
Speaker 3: It can be old, you.
Speaker 2: Don't care, Yes, mixes it. We haven't asked me. I picked Rio because this is how croomers were. They select vulnerable young people like Rio.
Speaker 3: This is crazy.
Speaker 2: This is all going to be in a Netflix documentary.
Speaker 3: Everybody that's a post. Everything will be above board. People will see the video making it let me guess PORNHU make it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Contacting him privately as well as I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's actually a crime for health, and I urge any team member. That are stories about Jack asked you to do stuff on camera for him, saying it's for an Instagram video. And that happened to me a couple of years, eight years ago, and yet to see the video.
Speaker 3: I wanted a paper trail. All jokes are signed. It's just a normal dance. What's a normal dance? Well, it's not sexual or grooming or anything.
Speaker 2: What is it? Yes?
Speaker 3: I want I want four of us dancing on a golf course in golf clothes and using the golf stick. You know how in olden day dances they had a cane.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, sure, like a top by that French Stam might have done.
Speaker 3: The golf stick will be our cane. I've already worked out the.
Speaker 2: Golf stick will be ok, I guess called a club.
Speaker 5: What worries me is two things. Firstly, very very little information or specifics about the video. I don't know what I'm signing up for.
Speaker 3: This is what I expected. I expected to send you the offer. Hey, on Monday afternoon, do you want to dance with me on camera? You would say, oh my god, yes, tell me more, and then I would give you more.
Speaker 2: What are you up to now?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: What do you think, pats is you're hearing this.
Speaker 4: I think it's fisty and I think it's off.
Speaker 2: That's the word, fiesty and off.
Speaker 3: What's this song that you're dancing to? I've written it myself. Ah, it's an original.
Speaker 5: This is how the Jackpost brain works, where if you ever asked Jack to to do something or to do a bit extra after work.
Speaker 2: To get it, but if.
Speaker 5: It's for his thing, it's like, oh, what a privilege.
Speaker 2: It must be choreography on Monday dugs choreography, the rehearsing. He's written a song for it.
Speaker 3: I don't understand why you would be taking the classes if you don't want to dance in real life. I thought, what a great course, a great opportunity instagram sketch to use his skills that he's been honing.
Speaker 2: Who has said yes? Who's in?
Speaker 3: There's only one other guy. I went to high school with Brett. Who's who is a dancer. He helped me choreograph the dance. Other people have been difficult to find.
Speaker 2: So is it all knows apart from Brett so far? Yes?
Speaker 3: So there's just two of us. I need two more. Andria is the.
Speaker 2: Probably the Monday afternoon or is it not the time and day? It's more just the offer itself.
Speaker 3: Everybody conveniently has something on Monday afternoon. It's a busy day. Monday's typical. I know Rio is free in the afternoon.
Speaker 5: Well, last time I danced for you after I told you about the dance class, he said, dance for me, Rio, dance to me. Do a little jig. So I did on air in front of you. Two laughed out of the room.
Speaker 2: Was post show. It was really bad? Do you want that on your video?
Speaker 3: Honestly, a shuffle that nan would be.
Speaker 2: Done a year's worth of classes.
Speaker 3: But what did you do where you can find someone else to do it?
Speaker 1: Then Green screaming the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show right now, Then Jack Post, you went to see a difficult comedy show last night in town.
Speaker 3: We went to see a local improv night. It's brilliant, actually yeah, and they had special guests and Edmund.
Speaker 2: On She is so very very funny, funny start. I think she's awesome.
Speaker 3: Improv is something that we've shied away from for a long time because years ago I took Bank's parents and Bianca to an improv show and it was just so bad.
Speaker 2: Other way to say it's horrendous when it's great, it's unbelievable. But there's no medium, is there there was there?
Speaker 3: There was just no laughter the whole time, So four people sat in silence. There wasn't even the kind of laughter where you could pretend that you're having fun.
Speaker 2: You start to actually hate the people doing that. I start to imagine bad things befalling them.
Speaker 3: And they they start to be aware that whatever they were doing is.
Speaker 2: You're eating one and you're making up eating one. They probably use that as an unfunny sketch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we still do the full hour.
Speaker 2: And were they asking so last night it was good? And were they obviously the audience heavily involved. He sat out suggestions next.
Speaker 3: To the exactly they yell out like you say a random word that you're thinking of. I don't like to do audience participation, though, so I leave that to others.
Speaker 2: Patsy, by the way, before the show today, no.
Speaker 3: No no no already started.
Speaker 2: Grind each other a couple of no no nos a couple of years. Is are you hanging in your no no no, no no, because you suspanding We should all be allowed a kind of no no, no, over the over the course of the show. No, no, no. If you don't want to, I won't no.
Speaker 3: Okay, well no, I.
Speaker 2: Prefer the way that I always I always have it up top, always have it up there. Even if I'm handing you an award, I wills spend you all year. You remember why he didn't do that improv Oh.
Speaker 3: I would just.
Speaker 2: Semione Present of the year.
Speaker 3: I would just rather handle it than you retell it. I said to Christian Rhea that I didn't like to yell out a suggestion just in case the off chance that the participants on stage recognized me from the radio, and then it put them off, which I know, I know, I know is a low probability.
Speaker 4: Off or asked you to come up on stage.
Speaker 3: No, it's like, oh my god, look he's here. And then and then all of a sudden, the whole order and.
Speaker 2: They get to see the magic Man. Yes, wow, wow, we oh my god, who's but it is that Michael Jordan there? Oh please, mister Mitch, Oh my good, acco't believe that I'm intimidated. Now Robin Williams is here, guys. I know, it's like duty I'm off duty. Think of me as a mere audience member and not the professional improviser. I am professionally funny, no script. Every day I will be in the shadows and see. Imagine I wasn't here, and wasn't here. I shouldn't have come. I shouldn't have come with my new status and reputation that follows me everywhere. Oh darned me so magnificent even in the dark. I'm probably beaming right now and you can see me illuminated. It was a good showers who could the show?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast