Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Sophie Torba and coming up on today's show, Drake inserts himself into the Anna, Paul and Mikayla testa drama. M Davies drops her highly anticipated wedding photos and our Friday eight debrief. But first, Amy, would you pay nineteen dollars for a single strawberry? I love strawberries, but surely no one is paying that much for a single one. Well, apparently jen Zeta's in California think that this is completely reasonable because luxury grocery chain air One, which is known for selling twenty dollars celebrity smoothies, has launched a range of organic luxury strawberries from Kyoto. Now they're from a Japanese retailer called Ellie Amar, and the strawberries are sold in these individual plastic pots for nineteen dollars a pop. God, you'd want them to taste good? Well, there's a lot of TikTokers who are declaring that these are the strawberries they've ever tasted. It seems like some sort of placebo effect. It's just just a marketing bruise to make their smoothies look not so expensive. Maybe well, LA influencer Alyssa and Toki has gone viral after sharing a taste test video of the nineteen dollars strawberry. Now. The video has since wrapped up over fifteen million views. It's absolutely classic. Let's throw to what she said.
Speaker 2: This is a nineteen dollars strawberry from.
Speaker 1: Airwin, so we're gonna eat it.
Speaker 3: It's from Kyoto in Japan, and apparently it's like the best teasting strawberry.
Speaker 4: In the entire roll.
Speaker 1: So yeah, here we go. Wow, there's the best strawberry. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, out of the best strawberry I've ever had in my life.
Speaker 1: Air one is a fucking genius. The way that they have glamorized healthy eating and made it so aspirational is just incredible. The fact that we are in a cost of living crisis but these gen zs are happy to shell out nineteen dollars for one strawberry like this is fucking insane. And they made the strawberry look so fancy it almost looked like an engagement ring because it was propped up on this stand. Yeah, it was like it was sitting on a stage ready for TikTok, because this strawberry was made for a taste test video. They are very clever. They know marketing. They know that influencers are going to come in and taste test these strawberries the same way that they do the smoothies. Well, I've just converted it, so it's nineteen American dollars, which is thirty dollars and fifty Australian cents. That is crazy. I love the way that she was saying it was the best strawberry she's ever eaten. Well, it would want to be for that price. As expected. This elicited a huge response in Alyssa's comments section. One follower wrote, who else thinks Air one is a social experiment to see what people will spend money on. Another said air one was one hundred percent started by a group of UNI students who wanted to run a social experiment on consumerism, but ended up accidentally creating a successful grocery store. So now they just watch and laugh. Another TikToker wrote America is the biggest scam, while another commented people can't afford eggs, and then there are people spending nineteen dollars on a single strawberry. I hate it here it's making grapes at New Year's look pretty affordable now. Elissa's video has also led to a number of parody videos. Let's throw to my favorite one.
Speaker 4: This is a nineteen dollars strawberry from Arawan. It's from Kyoto, Japan, and it's supposed to be like the best in the world, so let's eat it.
Speaker 1: He got the clicking of the packaging so correct. Also the very suggestive way that a number of these TikTokers are eating the fruit as well. It was absolutely spot on. What's pretty crazy, though, is there is a market for designer fruit. So in Tokyo you are surrounded by twelve dollar apples when you go to the markets, and there is a brand called Oshi which has made a name for itself in Tokyo by selling designer strawberries, but they will only set you back two dollars apiece, not nineteen dollars.
Speaker 3: I skin guys, it caught me off God, it caught me so off guard.
Speaker 1: The Anna Paul Mikayla tester feud is not going away this week. Only fans creator Karina Kopp and controversial superstar Drake inserted themselves into the drama now Amy. A lot of people were shocked to see an international celebrity like Drake weighing into such a local influencer feud.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Drake's got a lot going on at the moment. He's got his own feuds he's fighting. It seemed bizarre that this was even on his radar. So on Monday night, Drake wore a singlet which read it made Me Feel Broke during his concert on the Gold Coast. Michaela tester, was obviously ecstatic by the photo of Drake because she shared on her Instagram alongside the caption it looks like Drake has picked his side with this. I feel broke tea Intonight's show in my city, laughing my ass off. Yeah, because, just to reiterate, Drake was performing on the Gold Coast, which is where Mikayla and Anna are from. Yeah, and he ended up wearing three different T shirts this week at his concerts which referenced the drama. So another one of the T shirts read Anna Verse Mikayla Gold Coast twenty twenty five, while another said Anna max win. Now this is a play on term referencing the name of his tour, which is Anita max Win Tour. Yeah, that one went over my head a little bit. I needed to go into the comment section to have that one explained to me. Well, apparently Drake's tour name is inspired by his love of gambling. Oh lovely, So it loosely translates to I need a max win, which is a popular gambling term. Just if you don't know that, Sophie. Now, many people have labeled Drake as a hypocrite for getting involved in the drama due to the very serious allegations that Mikayla has leveled at her ex boyfriend Addas Paul, that we unfortunately can't get into for legal reasons because just this month, Drake made headlines after rapper Kendrick Lamar accused him in a distrack of having relationships with underaged women. Now Drake has denied these claims. I have to point out. Now you might be wondering, how was Drake, who is an international celebrity, all over this local drama. Well, it has been rumored popular TikToker and sex worker Blue Eyed Kayla Jade actually told him to wear the Ifiel Broke shirt. So the pair allegedly hung out together ahead of her attending one of his concerts. So prior to that news going public, Kayla posted a video saying that she was hanging out with a certain celebrity, but said she wasn't going to say too much because she didn't know if she had to sign an NDA. It turns out she didn't have to sign one, so she later shared a video the next day saying, get ready with me to hang out and go to a Drake concert. Now, this has led to a lot of disappointment from her followers, with many upset that she would align herself with the singer due to the recent allegations that have come out against him. Actually, one of my friends was telling me this week that he had a friend attend one of the Drake concerts and they got picked out to go to the after party and as soon as they arrived, their phones were instantly taken away from them. So there's obviously a lot of stuff going on in terms of NDA's being signed. I mean, people are a bit dubious as to what was actually going on between Drake and Kayler. Yeah, I mean, as we've touched on, she is a sex worker. So there was some speculation that maybe he hired her and was spending time with her. There is a lot more to this story because fans are calling for her to be canceled now, so we are going to be covering this in more depth on Tuesday's show. Now, what we are going to concentrate on today is the drama between Mikayla Tester and her former friend Corina Kopf. Now, according to Michayla, it was Drake's T shirt that sparked her former friend to way into the Mikayla and a drama. So, for those who don't know, Karina is a twenty nine year old US influencer and Only Fans creator who previously dated Logan Paul. She has six point seven million Instagram followers and four point six million on TikTok, and she reportedly made a whopping sixty seven million dollars on Only Fans since she joined the platform in twenty twenty one. Now, as for Karina's connection to Drake, the pair were linked back in twenty twenty three and were first spotted together backstage at one of his shows. However, it appears by April twenty twenty four that things soured between the two, with Karina posting Kendrick Lamar's distract to Drake on Instagram Now. On Tuesday, Karina took to her Instagram story to accuse Mikayla Tester of lying about the Paul family. In the scathing attack, she labeled Mikayla as a pathological liar. She wrote, I'm done sitting here in silence while other people suffer over someone I have first hand experience with. I mean this wholeheartedly when I say Mikayla Tester is the most narcissistic and manipulative person I've ever met. Until I met her, I had never encountered a true pathological liar. Ask anyone who has ever come into contact with her, and I promise you they will say the exact same thing. Since I met her two years ago, she has not had one consistent person in her life. Every single person has come and gone. It's always everyone else who is the fucked up friend who was the common denominator here. I've listened to her talk shit about every single friend over and over again. The only difference in this situation is she's doing it publicly years later for her own personal gain. This person craves attention. This is for attention. This is for views, this is for personal gain, this is for money. Geez, she didn't hold back there. I mean it seems a little bit hypocritical to me because she's having a go at Michayla for calling out Anna, and she's doing the exact same thing to Mikayla. It was only going to be a matter of time before someone with a public profile came out in support of Anna. I mean, I'm surprised it's actually taken this long for someone to come out and defend her, because she was incredibly popular across social media, but everyone seemed to just not want to be associated with her. It's been a pylon, hasn't. I mean, I'm kind of not surprised that Karina's come out because she's probably seen exactly what happens when you insert yourself into this drama, which is max views more followers, not that she probably needs it because she's already earning so much money on OnlyFans. But Mikayla was straight on the attack. She denied that she was a pathological liar and said the only reason Carina had gone off at her was because she posted about Drake. So she wrote on Instagram, we all know the history there. She then accused Karna of having a parasocial relationship with Anna and Adis and claimed that she had paid people to try and get her Instagram banned in twenty twenty one. Now the allegations kept coming. She said that Karna invited her to the Bahamas in twenty twenty two after her breakoup with Addis, only for Mikayla to find out that Karna had been allegedly texting Adis trying to meet up. She also went on to say that she and Karna had become friends in twenty twenty three, and they were so close that she had confided in her about the allegations she's made against the polls. Now By twenty twenty four, Michayla says Carina was hanging out at her house regularly and stayed with her for a month. She finished up by accusing Karna of victim blaming and said she's almost thirty and relies on young creators and internet drama to boost her OnlyFans and create abundance. There definitely seems to be quite an interesting history there between the pair, which seems to have been exacerbated by the fact that Drake showed support for Michayla Well, the slinging match continued, so Karina rebutted Michayla's claims in a six minute audio clip to her Instagram story. She denied trying to get Michayla's Instagram band and said that she didn't have a parasocial relationship with the Polls. She also claimed that there are others who agree with her that Michayla is a pathological liar and urged her followers to pay attention to Michayla's content because the proof is in the pudding. She also went on to share a screen recording of their Instagram dms between each other. Gosh, it's just getting so messy. It's hard to be across all of these instagram slinging matches like Drake apparently is. Well yeah now. In response, Mikayla shared this TikTok video, which has had over three point five million views.
Speaker 3: Every single friend I've ever been seen online, every single one has messaged me, and majority of them over like half of them have actually posted on their own social media's saying the fucked up stories that they witnessed with the Polls and me and things that they went through with them. So tell me who these people are that are apparently gonna side with you and anna an artists because we aren't singing them. Even our fucking hairdresser and the lady that sold us cats and the fucking real estates have my back in this situation. I've got every receipt and I've just filmed the podcast. God, it was so long and so treacherous, but I'm glad it's sober. I just can't believe my own friends. I mean, she wanted to sleep without us, and she's been begging on her to hang out.
Speaker 1: With her for the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: Would come out and stab me in the back like this, guys, it caught me off guard.
Speaker 1: It caught me so off guard.
Speaker 3: And everything she's saying in a story, She's like, oh, and ask Michayla's friends.
Speaker 1: It really seems like Michayla was caught off guard by Karina's claims because in this Michayla references her as a friend. It didn't see like they had some fallout before this internet drama started.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Also, Mikayla would have been on probably the biggest high of her life seeing an international celebrity like Drake supporting her. I mean that being said. Obviously, not everyone loves Drake at the moment though, because of those claims. So it's a very messy story now. Karina then also brought up Michayla's ex boyfriend, kid LaRoy.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Kid LaRoy is an Aussie rapper who Michayla says was her first love. Now. The couple dated when Michayla was nineteen and kid LaRoy was only sixteen. Now Karina accused Michayla of being a hypocrite for dating someone underage and said it was against the law. Mikayla hit back on her Instagram story, saying, this girl is crazy talking about a three year age gap with someone from my past, which is legal. I've been sick of this rumor for a long time. No, it's not true, and with a simple Google search you'll be able to see that. I think it's a low of a low act to try and paint me as someone that's a bad person when in reality they are doing a lot worse. Mikayla followed it up with a screenshot from Google which said if the sex is consensual and the other party is also aged sixteen years or over, it is not against the law. This is getting so messy. I just think they need to stop responding to each other because it's just muddying the water and it's not making either of them look particularly good. Oh my god, Gods, I'm getting married today. Over the weekend, we were on wedding Watch as popular influencer m Davies tied the knot to her long term boyfriend Joel Gambon in Western Australia. The Perth based influencer, who has over four hundred and thirty thousand followers, kept fans on edge as she waited three days to share the highly anticipated photos. Despite the weight, EM actually posted in real time on the morning of her wedding. Yeah, this is pretty unheard of, particularly for a bride who's in the public eye. But I think it was a really clever strategy to build up suspense and engagement. I also think that Em was very aware of how emotionally invested her audience is in her wedding that she wanted to make them feel like they were part of the day and joining in on the fun, So she uploaded a total of three tiktoks on the morning of her wedding. The first showdo Waking Up saying that she couldn't believe that the day was here, whilst another showed her in her white pjs with her hair and rollers, whilst her bridesmaid, Lily Brown, poured her a wine. Now fans are pretty stoked to be a fly on the wall, riding love you, posting in real time and declaring that EM's wedding was their Olympics whilst others said it was their royal wedding. Is this a bit like how a lot of men say that the AFL ground final is their Christmas Day? I think it is that vibe. Now, there was one TikTok in particular that really struck a chord with EM's followers, and it showed her having a quiet moment to herself as she opened up her cards from her bridesmaids. Now, she made sure to open them up before she had her makeup done because she knew that there was going to be a lot of tears. And this was a really emotional moment because Em sadly lost her mum to cancer a number of years ago. And I think it was really evident during her Hen's party, what an amazing tight knit group of friends she has, Like those girls seem to go above and beyond for her. And em was reading up the videos, she was in a flood of tears and she said, how good of friends when you don't have a mom. Now. This sentiment was echoed in her comment section, with one follower writing, you were so loved your mom picked out so many angels for you to walk through life with. Now, whilst this was a very touching video, followers couldn't help but notice m's something new present As it was described by the Daily Mail. So it was a pearl embellished vape case and it seemed like her friends had thought of every detail. How twenty twenty five is this? Look, it's not something that I would personally want, being very anti vape or used. Yeah yeah, but you know their thought was there. I love that it was covered in pearls and a ribbon. For me, it would be like making sure I had a wedding appropriate phone case. Yeah, I mean it must have been an inside joke between the girls. See for your wedding you had a Christmas themed phone case on which was red. Look. I didn't even I did not cross my mind. Maybe I should have jumped on board as a Bridesmagerah for dazzled phone case. Well, this vape case was a big hit with her followers, with one writing the bedazzled vape is sending me congratulations, darling girl, whilst another said who knew a vape could look so elegant? I feel like maybe this is an untapped market, Like, if anyone's listening, that's a good business idea out. But I just imagine this factory that like, fuck, we've just started producing the bedazzled g strings from m's Hen's party, now we need to get the vape cases out. I feel like so many of us were on wedding watch over the weekend, particularly because there were so many high profile wedding guests attending. Yeah, because Happy Hours. Lucy Jackson and Nicki Wescott they were of course in attendance, so they flew over from the Gold Coast and appeared to rent out a house with Tammy Hembro and Renee and Alisha Herbert, who I have to give a shout out to because they're actually triplets, so they have a brother, which would be such an interesting died out because everyone refers to them as the twins, but they're actually triplets. It'd be such an interesting dynamic to have two girls and a brother, like to see who's closer. I'm assuming the girls are the closest. But so the girls actually had a glam squad dropped by their accommodation, which led to a lot of confusion in the press because a lot of gossip journals assumed that this must be the bride's house and that they all must be bridesmaid.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It really didn't help that all of the girls wore black bar Tammy. Tammy wore a very dark brown dress, so they all looked like they were matching, and I saw so many articles calling Tammy a bridesmaid. This was all over the Daily Mail, and Tammy ended up posting a selfie with the girls and wrote twenty nineteen called now that was referring to the time that they all used to hang out, that they were a bit of it girls then now. One noticeable absentee was Tammy's husband, Matt Sakowski, and he didn't appear to be in attendance. This was despite the couple recently attending one of his friend's weddings over Valentine's Day. Yes, I thought maybe m didn't include everyone's partners, but a super sleuth did get in touch with us, saying that they had a screenshot showing Matt Zakowski's name on m seeding plan.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: This photo has since made its way online, and the thing that stuck out to me was that Matt's last name was spelt incorrectly, so it was spelt Zabkowski with a B whoops. Now. One follower wrote, clearly they dislike him if they're spelling his name wrong. I mean it is quite a complicated name to spell. I feel sorry for em because I made my own wedding sign and I know the pressure of trying to get everyone spelling correct.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: A lot of people noticed as well that Tammy's name was just Tammy hembro On there, even though she has taken Zakowski as her official name or Zubkowski Subkowski. Now. We ended up sharing a photo of the wedding sign on our Instagram story, and Matt sadly wrote in saying that one of his family members was rushed to surgery, so that that is why he flew to Melbourne to be with them and wasn't at the wedding. He's also asked for privacy on that matter, so I felt quite sorry for him because a lot of people were jumping to conclusions that maybe the couple had had a fight, so we just wanted to clear that one up for him. Now, a bit of a fun fact while we're on the topic of Tammy and Matt is that em and Joel hired the same social media content creator as them. So the creator in question is Olivia Burrow's Sutherland, and she has over one hundred and three thousand followers on TikTok, and she is just the it's social media content creator at the moment, especially for these high program and I love it because she created a get Ready with Me video ahead of the wedding explaining it's her first time in wa and showing us what she wears for a wedding like that, because for a lot of those creators, it's highlight we've shot wedding videos before because you're a videographer, am I was there merely assisting, but it's a long day on your feet and you want to look nice, but you don't want to look distracting at the same time and still be able to do all of the physical labor room. I feel me same thing. I was like, she looks really good what she's wearing like she looked smart but fashionable. I mean, there'd be a lot of pressure to show up to a wedding like that with so many influences in attendance. Now, despite the fact that Em was posting in real time on the morning of her wedding, we didn't get to see professional photos for three very long days, and many fans predicted that maybe there was such a big weight because EM might have had a similar deal as Tammy did with Vogue. That wasn't actually the case. It seemed like the couple were soaking in all of the love and maybe they were waiting still to get their photos back because I know not all wedding photographers get you the photo back the day after. I mean there's some editing involved. Oh you get a handful, and you might not particularly like the you know, all the photos that they've sent through, and there was a lot of pressure on EM to share. I saw so many TikTok videos of people saying that they had eagerly been waiting. Let's have a listen to one of those.
Speaker 2: And Davies, I have them burone to pick with you. It's been two days since your wedding and no one, including yourself, has posted photos. I need to see your dress. I know you would have multiple dresses. I need to see the reception. I need to see Laala, I need to see Lily. Joel, what is going on? Sort it out? Girl? We are dying over here.
Speaker 1: There was certainly a lot of hype, and EM's new husband, Joel, had to call for calm, so he shared a photo of himself in his suit on Instagram because you know, let's be honest, no one really cares what the groom is wearing. That wasn't ruining anything, and he wrote, what a weekend. We will share with everyone when we're ready and slowly get back to all of your lovely messages. Our daughter comes first. We are so in love with each other, everyone who is in attendance, and we feel all the love from the messages you've shared with us online. I can see why there was so much interesting online because Em initially sharing stuff on TikTok the morning of it really wets your appetite. You're like, right, okay, now I'm ready for the photos. Yeah yeah, Well. Em also had to remind her friends and family not to post photos of her dress, so she shared on Instagram. Just a reminder to anyone who celebrated with us yesterday, please hold off on posting until I do. It's sad that you have to remind people of that, but honestly, every influencer wedding there seems to be some dickhead who ends up sharing some grainy photo or even just friends' weddings. I've noticed there's not a lot of etiquette that goes on. It's always like a grandparent or a great aunt that I fucking photo as well, and you're like, I don't want that to be the first one. It seemed like someone maybe did share something and there was a bit of a dirty delete happened. Luckily that seemed to happen quite quickly when you reflect as well. This wedding would have been absolutely huge in Wa and it's nice to see that no media ruined her dress revealed because like they did with Tammy Hembro. Yeah, I think the difference is that m Davies she might be big in the influencers space like the girl world, but I don't think she's as big a celebrity to the likes of the Daily Mail or the everyday person. Doesn't seem to know who she is as much as say someone like Tammy. Yeah, she seems to be the people's princess in a way because she's relatable, like you know her. Well, that's been a big change, though. I think it's only since she really gave birth to her daughter that I think a lot of people have seen this other side to m Davy. Well, she seems to be one of the most beloved influencers at the moment now. As we predicted, the photos, of course, dropped on Tuesday night after our episode went to air. Now, she shared a collection of photos from the day and wrote, mister and missus Gamban the best weekend full of love. We have no words. Here's a sneak peek because I don't think I can keep you guys waiting any longer. She looked stunning. Yeah, all of the photos. She's beautiful, so elegant. The first photo showed em and Joel during their ceremony at Fraser Gallup Estate, and she wore a strapless gown with a corsett bodice and a flared skirt, as well as a long veil with a lace trim. The dress actually was quite similar to Tammy's apart from the fact that it was white and not pink, and a lot of people drew comparison between her veil and also Nicky Westcott's veil that looked really elegant. That's what I took from. I thought, Wow, you look really classy, you look beautiful. It wasn't it wasn't like over the top, but it was just really timely, simple. And the thing is she is very fashion for she had her own fashion line. There was so much controversy because she dared to wear a white gee string to a hen's party, So I think a lot of people thought maybe her dress was going to be quite revealing or out there. I was expecting something more daring, But we haven't seen the other dresses yet. I think we've got two other dresses which she hasn't revealed. I think it's one of the best influencer dresses we've seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, the dress was from New York designer Danniel Frankel, which was a really nice touch because they got engaged in New York. There was a lot of confusion because people seemed to think it was a vera weighing dress when she clearly outlined that it was from this designer. Yeah, well, the Blue Tick Brigade, as usual, were our enforced to congratulate m. Tammy wrote best day, so happy for you, whilst Ruby Tuesday Matthew said oh sweet baby Jesus and Sabby Robinson wrote amazing, congratulations beautiful. Now Following the wedding, em has since changed her name on Instagram, so in her Instagram bio it reads Emily Gambon, but her handle still remains M. Davies. Yeah. I understand my influencers do that because it'd be really difficult for people to be able to search you they're so used to your maiden name. Tammy Hembro did the same thing. She has Zakowski in her Yeah. Now we have to talk about the reunion between Lily Brown and Lucy and Nicky. So after EM's Hen's Party, there was a lot of speculation around how the three all navigated that weekend away together because they have had a very publicized feud I and they're all getting sick of talking about. Oh yeah, because on the Happy Hour podcast, Lucy and Nicky said that it was all very civil at the Hen's party and it was nowhere near as dramatic as everyone thought it was going to be. It did sound as though they were just tolerating each other, though, and they were pleasant for MSA. It didn't sound like they were friends by any means, And I think that's why it was so special to see a group photo pop up where em was in the middle in her wedding pajamas and she was surrounded by Lily, Lucy and Nicki and they all had their arms around each other and looked like they were in conversation. They were laughing, they were smiling, they looked on good terms and as though they were trying to make a real effort with each other. Yeah, and Em reposted the photo and wrote, oh how this makes me so happy. I really feel like weddings bring out the best in people, particularly and the worst. Well and the worst, but you know when you're there, And I mean I kept seeing em Rey sharing a lot of Instagram stories of her friends basically recapping the wedding, saying how electric the feeling was in the room and that it was such a beautiful vibe. There was so much love. I think, particularly with em losing her mum, maybe people put all of their differences aside and thought, let's just be there for her this argument is stupid. Yeah, well I think they've all grown up as well. Yeah, definitely. This is Amy coming to you from the future to let you know that. Just after editing up this podcast last night, m Davies dropped some links to her Vogue photo shoots. So we just want to acknowledge we are aware of the stunning photos that came out of em and Joel's wedding, but we weren't able to talk about them in today's podcast. Perhaps we'll touch it on Tuesday. Let's get into our Friday debrief now. I have realized this week, Sophie, how heavily pregnant I must look, because during a lot of shoots we've had with our business, I have noticed so many people rushing to my aid. Well, so they should have mean, you're thirty two weeks pregnant. And I've been feeling guilty because with Hula Media, you do all of our videography work. I am not trained in filming, but I'm there to assist you. I produce, I ask all the questions, and I help her I can, but we have had to buy a buggy to carry all of our camera equipment in because it looks wrong to pregnant women struggling with this equipment. Well, I remember having this conversation when you became pregnant. I was like, Fuck, it's going to be super awkward with the business when we both cup to shoots and we both look so pregnant, because people are going to be like, what is going on here? Well, I think I'm hiding it okay at the moment. But it is nice to see people actually lending you a hand though, because I know we were out on a work site yesterday and you were on the ground, sitting on the dirt getting your stabilizer together, and this man's like, do you need me to help you out? When you tried to get up, and because of my stomach, I am thrown off center slightly and I have been relying on you to help give me a hand. This man, because I was wearing boots with a heel on it, I think he was like, holy fuck, she's gonna absolutely stack it, and he ran over. I also had a man at the tie takeaway shop who offered to take my box of takeaway to the car. I thought it was so sweet. I haven't had any assistance yet. I haven't had anyone comment yet. Saying congratulations in the store or anything like when I'm shopping or anything like that. You don't really look pregnant, though. Oh, I've really been feeling in the past couple of days. I feel like there's a moment where your stomach just pops and I feel like that that is happening. Right. We are still at that phase where it would be rude for somebody to bring it up. It might be a bit on the fence about what's going on now. I wanted to chat about a documentary I have become obsessed with this week, and it is The American Manhunt O J. Simpson. I have been telling anyone and everyone about this documentary. I've watched so many OJ Simpson series before, whether they're like dramas or their documentaries. I'm so interested in the case. And this documentary featured new interviews with a lot of key figures from the investigation and also the trial. And what I found super interesting was that Ojay's former manager, Mike Gilbert was interviewed and he admitted that after the trial, and you know, there was a few years after he finally got the courage to ask oj what actually happened that night. So this was OJ was having to sell his house that he lived in with Nicole, and I think apparently it was a very emotional night, and OJ said, well, what do you think happened? And he said he didn't want to him, so he said, I think you didn't mate, and OJ replied something along the lines of, well, if Nicole didn't answer the door with that knife, she'd still be alive today, which was just so telling. Like my husband and I were just so appalled watching it and so angry that the defense case was able to make it about race instead of being about the victims. Oh yeah, I mean, you watch that back and you think, how the hell did he not go to jail? I mean, he clearly did it. And I think what makes this documentary so interesting is this as one of the first documentaries that's been released since OJ Simpson's deaths, and obviously defamation laws don't apply to the dead, so they're going there with this dot momentary. I also think that there were a lot of friends in OJ's life who felt uncomfortable to speak out against him when he was still alive, even though maybe they parted ways. I think that they didn't want the wrath of him afterwards. Well, I think that's all we've got time for today. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of Outspoken. Now, anyone who has listened to our subs episode, I just want to say, hashtag free my carpet cleaner. I've still not received it. And I do want to point out that I could barely get a word in during that It was very difficult to edit up that I say, I am so overhearing about this carpet cleaner. So, for those who don't know, we had an am I the asshole segment in our episode and Kate and Sophie decided to bring quite a personal issue over to the subs. It was basically about Kate not returning Sophie's carpet cleaner. One of Kate's excuses was that Sophie no longer has carpet in her house, so that means that she should get to keep the carpet cleaner. A pretty shit defense, I thought. I mean, her nose was growing by the second during that podcast. I'm want to call her pinocchio. Well, she's not here to defend claimed that she has not been using it. I know from a good source she's been using it non stop and she's relying on this carpet cleaner anyway, source her dogs anyway. It was quite a funny debate in there, but I was I was absolutely shocked to my core to see someone in our Facebook community deciding with Kate. So, if anyone is team Sophie and thinks and praise for the release of my carpet cleaner, could you please let me know we should put up a poll on the guess we will. I actually sent a screenshot to my husband being like, can you believe that someone is on Kate's side?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: What the fuck? And it was a very very lovely listener. I'm no offense to this listener, but there was a lot of deception during that podcast record. Kate was pulling on a lot of heartstrings. She kept mentioning that she has an eight month old son. I think that was getting a lot of sympathy. I think I would have got drunk if I took a shot every time she said she had an eight month old child. I had to cut out a few mentions of it. I couldn't believe it. Well, can I set the scene? Because I actually had to leave halfway through this recording because I had something to do. With work on, and you guys were like in my house screaming over this carpet clean and I was like, no one wants to hear it. Like, so the conversation was heavily edited. Oh, I had to cut out so much and it was so frustrating because anytime Amy and I would make a point about the carpet cleaner, Kate would yell over. So it ended up being her sob story when in actual fact she had the carpet cleaner at ten weeks back. Again, she refuses any she refuses to let me come and pick it up. I've usd so many times saying I'll pick it up. I'm happy to pick this. This is becoming like the Mikayla and Karna fight where the water has been completely muddied here. But should I slam her on my Instagram story? Should I put out a few fucking comments about okay? Well, if you are interested in hearing that fight, which probably after this description no one is, make sure you check out on some episode. And if you haven't already and you do like listening to the podcast, we would really appreciate if you could leave us a five star review because it really helps out the podcast. This episode was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to elders past and present