Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian No come on show podcast over the weekend that Patsy, you know you've got a new neighbor now, Oh yeah yeah, coming out West Banjos.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm barracking for where be now?
Speaker 1: Country tough?
Speaker 2: Well you're not far from the Tigers homelands over a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we moved out to How near.
Speaker 1: Were you two Patsy's cul de Sac?
Speaker 2: I would say five minute drive, nice and close.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, has she been over yet?
Speaker 2: I imagine our life to be Kath and Kim out the back having some wines on Friday.
Speaker 1: Astern course, yes, absolutely so. How was the movie? It's stressful moving.
Speaker 2: It was all weekend. So in the lead up to it we started packing as like the two weeks leading up, and then we moved all of our boxes on Friday night into the garage, which we were up till midnight. Then we went to bed and we woke up at six am for the first truck to arrive.
Speaker 1: This is so organized.
Speaker 2: We packed it fully so my partner, her brother and father helped us and that took us two hours to get it all in and then we actually had the big removalists come and they packed in all of our bigger items.
Speaker 1: And then the hardest thing I found with moving right is the unpacking. I don't know what it is. It's that put it all to what it is about.
Speaker 4: It is because you have a deadline for packing and getting out of the house. There's no deadline on the other side. Yes, that's up to you.
Speaker 1: So I'm afraid I'm not great. I've readized now at the edge fifty without a deadline, we've been outside. This job suits me. You've got to be there at six. Okay, take that away from me. I'm not good. If you don't give me that line, there won't be any urgency.
Speaker 2: Well, at the other end, we just hadn't thought about it, and we had so it took us all weekend. We were still unpacking last night at now Happy there. We are smitten. It is the most beautiful home and I'm just in love with it and me and my partner, we just finally feel like we're in our this.
Speaker 1: Is your plan.
Speaker 4: Congratulation, thank you.
Speaker 1: And so how did the move go? Because something's happened when you do the big movie.
Speaker 2: So it went. Most of it went well, which was fantastic. The only thing is is as we got to our very last item, which was the washing machine. We went to pull it out of the cupboard as in not made. These two burly men that were moving our house went to pull it out of the little area that it was in the nook, and it was it couldn't be removed. So there was no way, no jimmy, no nothing where they could actually get it out. And they believed truly that the last person that put it in there was a magician, because it's just no one.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's one of Dumbledore's tricks, just to work his magic in a utility room.
Speaker 4: Cold I got rid of the statue of Liberty and now the immovable washing massie.
Speaker 1: That they just fitted the kitchen around it. It started with that.
Speaker 2: It looks like they have literally fitted we just left in there. So we've just left it.
Speaker 1: Bought a brand new one, so.
Speaker 2: We had to buy a new one last night because of all the sales. We'll just get one now. And so yes, we bought one with a.
Speaker 1: Nice welcoming gift though for the people are moving into your place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the girl that's moving in fantastic, We just said you can have it.
Speaker 4: So yep, no washing.
Speaker 1: Machine we want to know what happened in the move. Years ago, when I was about twelve years of age, my dad and I had to move. His mom and dad are lovely Irish grandparents, right, and we just could not get their bed out of the house simplest removal van that my dad had hired.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: My dad does not have a lot of patients, right, and we'd only been trying about five seconds. The next time he's getting his saw and he saws their double bed in half. Now, even with my tiny twelve year old brain, I'm thinking, I don't think you can sew them, and so are you going to put us back together? We'll just get some woods wood underneath it and nail it back together, which is what we did. But guess what, the bed broke no surprise. We then had a day or two was sleeping on it and they were not doing anything because they were very devout casters, so just merely their presence on it broke it. But I remember we had to saw this bed in half just to get it out the house. We had to do this before bed to night.
Speaker 4: Just last year we moved house and we're on the moving day, the trucks there, the bed we looked at it and we're like, let's just give it to the next people. So we rang the real estate agent on the day asked them, can you ask the new tenants if they want a free bed? They said yes, we left it in there.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast Christian When I moved, we finished up, but I was turning the moving truck back to the depot, the reverse camera was obscured by raining bam matches, scratched a car behind me. Cost me two thousand dollars to fix. What a nightmare right at the last bit of the day. Returning there, Okay, let's go to a Tracy here. Tracy, what happened to the move?
Speaker 3: My mother in law and I decided to do a load of stuff while the guys loaded up a truck, so we had it in the back of the car. We picked up the big their big ish screen TV, which was fine, we could both carry it. She lost her footing the TV fell screen side down on the road.
Speaker 1: Of course, bounced the buttered toaster man.
Speaker 3: We picked it up. It had about a three centimeter ding in the screen, so we took it inside, plugged it in. All worked fine. We had it for a little while, and then we got sick of the deing, so we got rid of it and bought a new one.
Speaker 1: The crack on your phone, isn't it? I started to get those screens rebout so easily. Tracy, thank you very much. She cold. I have a good day.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 1: Seeah, how we go ahead, Larnie. Hi, Hello, Larney, welcome to show. So what happened in your move?
Speaker 3: We bought a house and when we looked at the house, it had a pool table in it, which we assumed would not be there when we moved in, but it was. And it turns out that it had been there for like twenty years or something, and for four different people had bought and sold the house with this pool table in it because no one could be stuffed moving it.
Speaker 1: No, those things are pulled and snooker tables are flipping a huge, huge I get the finger that just built it. But they built the house around I.
Speaker 3: Believe they must have. And then we just played two games on it and pade somebody sixty bucks to move it. Gave it to my trumpet teacher and lieu of trumpet lessons.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's funny, Larnie, Thank you very much, your story mate. Have a good week. Youtobe Bybee, Wendy, come on in, Wendy.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Christian morning Wendy.
Speaker 1: So what happened in your move?
Speaker 3: Well, the guys decided that they would.
Speaker 5: Move the Chester draws over the.
Speaker 3: First floor balcony to the ground, and they dropped it nicely.
Speaker 1: Why would I'm not a professional removal list, but why would you do that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Versus gravity? Who's going to weir correct? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then as they were leaving, old mate didn't see my car apparently, and scrapes right.
Speaker 1: Down the side of it. These people, one useless man in a van.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Great day, Great day, Wendy, Thank you very much, your story mate.
Speaker 5: Have a good day.
Speaker 1: Jody. Hello, Hello Jody. What happened in your move?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 5: We had spent all weekend doing the final clean of the house, which is obviously a massive job. We had one bedroom that had a little patch up paint job that we needed to do. It was like eleven o'clock at night, We're all exhausted, ready to walk out the door, and I realized that this little patch needed to be painted over. So I've gone to the garage while everyone else is outside waiting. I've walked to the garage, picked up the can of paint, which had been sitting there for quite some time. So the bottom of the can had rusted. As I've lifted it, not realizing it at the time, it's put a hole in the bottom of the tin. And I've walked all the way through the house onto the carpet that had already been steam clean, put the paint can down, done, my paint job. Turned around, absolutely mortified at the puddle of paint on the freshly steam clean carpet and the trail of paint through the house. We were there for another two hours cleaning it up.
Speaker 4: And you just don't have that.
Speaker 1: We were the most at the end of the movie, isn't it. There's no more?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were, and let's just say I was not anybody's favorite person.
Speaker 1: God, you poor thing chose is horrific. Yeah, that is the word horrific. Listen, I'm going to it's a small, small recompense for it, but this incredible story, Joe, You're going to give you the three hundred dollars chemist Warehouse voucher.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Fine, guys, Daddy the Bigcoon, all that last week come home to Daddy. Can I need a bigger boat now, Jody, thank you very much, thank you. Hurry into Chemists Warehouse so the Christmas Fragrance sous shop. They huge erend fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemists Warehouse, great savings every day.
Speaker 2: Carl Brager, you're listening to the Christian O Carls Show podcast