Speaker 1: I'd like to start today's episode by acknowledging the fact that we both have we each have beautiful men on our T shirt. That's correct, I have one Michael Scott. Yes, so a Christmas present you got me, Sammy is a picture of Michael Scott holding his World's Best Boss mark and it says, I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious.
Speaker 2: I love good stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing it. And then can you talk me through your T shirt?
Speaker 2: I'm wearing Dave Warnikee, who's wonderful comedian, wonderful podcast, a wonderful author, wonderful comedian, wonder my actor, friend, lover. But Dave Warnikee, husband, our father, all those you to me, you know him intimately, very intimately. But yeah, I've got his bachelor T shirt that everyone gave out on his day when he had his bachelor party where we went to play Mario Kart in a cinema. Uh yeah, we played Mario Kart in a cinema. Then we went to a Text Mex restaurant all Day's favorite Things. We went for a drink at a rooftop bar, and then we went to watch Murray Wiggle play in his concert.
Speaker 1: And you were all wearing those T shirts.
Speaker 2: They were all wearing this.
Speaker 1: And how many years ago is that?
Speaker 2: It was about four or five years ago.
Speaker 1: Now do you think anyone else from that bachelor party has ever worn the T shirt? Again?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I send us to Dave quite frequently.
Speaker 1: And how often do you wear I got how often? I say you you'd wear that at least once a month?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon. I always take a photo of it when I'm wearing it and send it to him. He loves it. I think I've never asked. You're ready for this? Yes, Lee Wayne Scott ended a twenty year marriage and was now a single mum. In two thousand and four, the perfect man turned up to a church, the kind of guy every girl would want. Soon they were dating. He would constantly bring toys for her kids. But in January two thousand and five, Lee was at work when a police officer arrived at her work with a photograph. The man who was in the photograph was the man that she'd been dating. She said, that's John, But it wasn't John, oh No. His real name was Jeffrey Manchester, an escaped convict who'd been living in a Nearby Toys r US for the last six months. This g Love is a story of the roof Man.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, It's got everything, everything, toys, it's got people called being divorced.
Speaker 2: Correct everything everything you'd ever want. Merry Christmas Love. Jeffrey Alla Manchester aka the roof Man, was born in Sacramento, California, in nineteen seventy one. Heit a typical Californian upbringing, nice weather. He was always at the beach. He attended high school and then enlisted in the military. No I know. I said that about a typical Californian lifestyle.
Speaker 1: And he started really high in the moon.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you seen my favorite TV short all time? Frontline? Frontline.
Speaker 1: I studied journalism, mate, that was that was my way of study. Like that was my study. That was my bible.
Speaker 2: There's an episode of Frontline to Frontline for people who don't know. What's a current of Frere, A current of fred We're doing well today, It's a current. I've had a whiskey sow a current A fair style show. It's like a moat sitcom, a sitcom based on current affair and especially like you know, news reporters in the nineties and There is one episode where he would just read anything off the autoque yeah, very very well way before and he starts really high and he's going and of course today three bodies were found. So good.
Speaker 1: I love when I love. We should find some clips of like examples of this when news readers will be responding to like the end of a story or having a bit of band with their co host and then they go to the auto Q and realize it's really sad happened. Like they go from going, ah, was a wonderfullysta celebraction? Was it a four po were killed last night?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yea yeah.
Speaker 1: Let's find some examples of them, I think so.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey attended high school and then enlisted in the enlisted in the military. He learned all the skills he needed, including jumping from great heights, handling weapons, all the things that we're very familiar with in the military today.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is foreshadowing. Jumping from great heights is not what I would usually put on the top of the list of things that I learned in the military. Just you.
Speaker 2: At the age of twenty, he got married and started a family. He had twin sons and a daughter. In the nineteen nineties, he traveled throughout the States, deployed to several locations over that time. In nineteen ninety nine, he and his family moved into military housing. The marriage deteriorated over time, and around this time police were dispatched for a domestic dispute. They soon divorced and she got custody of the kids.
Speaker 1: Wow, whatever the dispute was was enough for her to get custody.
Speaker 2: Now, this is what Jeffrey was accused of at the time. Over seven months, Jeffrey robbed over forty restaurants, most of the McDonald's, for a total of seven hundred thousand dollars. What he was the real life Hamburglar. Oh very good, now, Jeffrey, I don't like that hamburg.
Speaker 1: I don't like that Hamburglar.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what I do like Grimmins.
Speaker 1: Hamburgers, Oh, yes, and Grimmens.
Speaker 2: Now. Jeffrey got better and better as time went on at robbing these McDonald's. He had some problems early on. One time he didn't know that the McDonalds was closed for Thanksgiving and there's no money. But he eventually got better and better with what he was doing. Armed with a gun and a drill and power tools. He would go on the roof before the store opened. He would then hide in the bathroom until the store opened, and at the perfect moment, reveal himself with a gun and hold up the restaurant. He would then politely ask them many to open the safe and the registers. He would then direct all of the customers and employees in the freezer to get them away, but he would always give them a jacket first because he was very cold in there. Oh my god. He would then lock the freezer and leave lock them in there well. On a few occasions it would be known that he would fire a few warning shots and people weren't listening to him, but he was always very nice. He would then call the police as soon as he left and tell them that the hostages were in the freezer.
Speaker 1: Please let them out so they wouldn't freeze it.
Speaker 2: That's right. Once people were all locked away, he would raid any more registers and in the restaurant, and as he was leaving, he would then call the police and tell them about the people in the freezer so that they would come and rescue them right away. He primarily targeted restaurants in northern California, but he.
Speaker 1: Wasn't, so he wouldn't be caught and labeled a cold blooded killer because if they died, they would have had cold blood.
Speaker 2: Sure, Oh my god, that took me a second. You have to explain it, but I really enjoyed it. A edit this in here. That's also reference from Frontline edited here. That's him in a promotional video trying to pretend he knows what he's doing, and he goes edit it here he's pointing, get a notepad. In northern California, but also Nevada, Oregon, and Massachusetts.
Speaker 1: It's fun to say, isn't It's fun.
Speaker 2: He did have a coast to coast reputation though, as the most courteous thief in the nation.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you have, if you're going to be not have to. He didn't have to be known as a thief. He could have just not thieved. But if you're going to be known as a thief, I suppose that's a nice one to be known as.
Speaker 2: He was very polite. He was always apologizing, said would you He would always say, would you please, ma'am get on the ground. McDonald's at the time had a ten thousand dollar reward for his capture. He was a smooth operator, but there were a few close calls. One time he raced out the back door as police were coming through the front door. There was another time where McDonald's employer attacked him with a bucket, but it didn't go very well. Jeffrey piss a whipped a pistol whipped him to defend himself.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Detectives knew he was military trained because he could hit the floor from the ceiling and not miss a beat. So he dropped right down from the ceiling, so they were like, oh my god, here he knows what he's doing here. He was cool, calm and collected, and yes, very polite. He could move really fast and without much sound. In May two thousand, Jeffrey went to North Carolina. He wasted little to no time getting to work. On May twentieth, he literally dropped into McDonald's in North Carolina, Like what I did there, North Carolina? I'm just giving myself powdery back. That had just closed for the night. He crept into the restroom as he always did and stayed quietly. The manager was checking the bathroom when he noticed there was something off. Jeffrey appeared and moved everyone into the back of the restaurant. There he had all the employers lie on their stomachs. The manager was ordered to get the money from the safe and then leave everyone else in the freezer. He got in his car with one five hundred dollars. Five hours later, he targeted another McDonald's, so he wasn't obviously happy with how much money he had about to open, but this McDonald's was in Belmont, California, and this is where his luck finally ran out. He climbed the roof as usual, about to cut the hole using a raizor knife and then a power drill. It took about forty minutes to get into the restaurant. Dropping down, he waited in his hiding spot for them to open the store. Then, once he thought it was the perfect time, he went about his normal routine. He got the money from the safe, then back then everyone in the freezer. He had almost seven thousand dollars, this time from one store in one store, as always. The manager later said that he was very polite and was apologizing for what he was doing, while his routine didn't change. Society had at this time now silent alarms in the first door. They didn't have one, but this one did. An employee had actually set it off. There was a suspicious car across the road at a local church. Jeffrey tried to escape on foot, but police found him in some tall grass. He was gracious when caught allegedly, saying, you guys did a real good job today.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's a bit hard not to like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, there's actually a film about it with Channing Tatum who played Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, now I know he's hot.
Speaker 2: He's a good looking guy. In court, they threw the book at him.
Speaker 1: Not literally, that would be very rude.
Speaker 2: He didn't confess to any other of the roofman crimes. He admitted to the two in North Carolina that one night, but kind of said there was a copycat involved in the others.
Speaker 1: I mean smart defense, it's very smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He told them that he had heard about the roofman robberies and thought it sounded like a really good idea.
Speaker 1: So he was saying he was the kid heard about it. Ah, clever, that's a smart defense.
Speaker 2: By this point, he had robbed forty restaurants who he was held on a one million dollar bond. He was sentenced to a medium security prison. The sentence was forty five years. Oh my god, in prison for the two McDonald's in California. What hang on, I guess because it's armed robbery. That's a severe sentence, though it's polite. I think there's the thing.
Speaker 1: I'm obviously the way you've told this is making me go, oh yeah, nice about it. He got caught whatever.
Speaker 2: But she loved your going. Is this the end of the story.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I'm not, because you started it. We're talking about my good friend Lee.
Speaker 2: Well yes, but also the toys are don't forget the toys.
Speaker 1: Well, the toys are ours.
Speaker 2: The sentence was so harsh because of the added kidnapping chargers where he had taken McDonald's employees to a freezer.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, of course it's not. It's armed robbery and it's probably breaking enter that's right, and kidnapping times. However, many people were in the freezer each other. It's not it wouldn't be just one charge of like one count of kidnapping. There were eight employees all in there. That'll be eight counts of kidnapping.
Speaker 2: And the greatest charge of all not loving it.
Speaker 1: Ah, you just winked at the camera. That was so gross, it was fun.
Speaker 2: It will be a great clip.
Speaker 1: It will be a great clip. Didn't make it. Edit it here and then use the bit of me going.
Speaker 2: I hated that lovely. Jeffrey was now thirty three years old. Oh gosh, he played the perfect person inside. For the first four years he was a model prisoner.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, if he looked.
Speaker 4: Like person that takes it too far, well it's like an ambulance.
Speaker 2: For the first four years he was a model prisoner. He got access to a metal plant where inmates made bad frames and jungle gyms. The outside. Well, he also paid very close attention to his surroundings and all of the guards.
Speaker 1: Oh he got.
Speaker 2: In June two thousand and four, after less than four years in prison, he enacted his plan. He had crafted an escape patch made out of a piece of plywood that would fit on the undercarriage of a delivery truck that would leave the facility. He painted a piece of cardboard black and held magnets to attach it so the entire structure would appear invisible to any security guards who were checking underneath the vehicle before it left. Really clever. At three point thirty pm that day, the delivery truck left the metal plant with Jeffrey underneath. He was actually hanging underneath.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Whenever, Sorry, that's just made me think. I my family went on holiday to Bali only like not even a year after the Bali body eighty eight people, and like we went there in a family holiday. I remember my mom saying I remember my mom saying it at the time. You know, if anything were to happen, we're together as a family, it's probably the safest time to go because security is heightened. And never when we went to like check into the hotel, the car that had driven us from the airport into the hotel, they then had security at all the gates that had mirrors on long like long sticks that have mirrors, and so they were like doing these mirror things. And I just remember so clearly that the taxi driver turned to us and they checked for the bomb, checked for the bomb, and it was just so cute how he said it, like, Oh, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: They're just checking a bomb. Checked the bomb.
Speaker 1: Check for the bomb. Is what I'm thinking they should have done. Yeah, in this case, is the prison guard should have took for the bomb check foot Bob.
Speaker 2: Thanks to GEP it alive. He'd intentionally chosen a rainy day, so he's tracks and scent were hard to be tracked.
Speaker 1: There were no we didn't there were no bombs on our holiday. We were fine.
Speaker 2: Correct. He was the first prisoner to ever escape Brown Creek Brown Creek Creational Institution. He was expecting the truck to whisk him far, far away, but it stopped barely outside the prison walls.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, why.
Speaker 2: Well, stay just stopped there. Yeah, So he was like, oh shit, sneaking away as quietly as he could. He hitchhiked about fifty miles in Charlotte. He reinvented himself. Oh lucky Charlotte. His name was now John Zorin, a generous volunteer at cross Roads Presbyterian Church and working a very secret and confidential job with the government. So how he introduced himself. Oh, he had some cosmetic work done to improve and somewhat disguise his appearance.
Speaker 1: It's very funny to say improved. No, you're trying to change the way he looks. You're a firlot. It's like when people say they get a nose job for a deviated Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, once the police found out he escaped. They assumed he'd be heading back to Sacramento, but he didn't. He stayed in the state. He found the perfect hiding spot at Toys Are Us. It was a store.
Speaker 1: You say that like it's a known thing that you just pretend to be a cabbage patch kid.
Speaker 2: The store had everything he needed. He had snacks and baby food, bikes to ride at night for exercise, and remote control cars to drive around the roof when he was bored. Ah, there were also There was also an abandoned Circuit City store, which is an electronic store next door, which served as a perfect hideout during the day, so when it was open, he could hide out next door.
Speaker 1: Why didn't need to hide out there? Wasn't he going to work at the church? Oh?
Speaker 2: But not always? So it's like, yeah, during the day when.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: That's right, yeah, is there?
Speaker 2: He even set up baby monitors to watch the employees come and go, oh my god, that's weird. Did he know that they were coming so he could was like, he's warning that he get out, but he's why weren't his antiques caught on? In two thousand and four, Will he worked out a way to cut the cameras at night and restore them the next morning. By then he was snuggled back at Circuit City to sleep. He had built a tunnel from toys R Rush to Circuit City. What Then he used a board which he painted to match the wall, with a bungee cord to hold it shut to make a door into the tunnel. Then he used merch from toys R. Russ, a beard made out of Spider Man sheets, and lots of other bits and pieces to make his DIY homes. He had like soft toy bears to sleep on, and he made it very comfortable for himself.
Speaker 1: Has gone Yes.
Speaker 2: He also installed a smoke detector and alarm in his hod out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: After a few months of smooth sailing, he started venturing out into the world. This is where he started attending a Presbyterian church. This is where he met Lee Wayne Scott and they hit it off right away.
Speaker 1: So he was surviving as in like by eating Yep, he literally surviving. We're eating baby food that they sold it towards r that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, candy and that sort of stuff. Yeah, Oh my god. He totally worked for the government in a very secret job. He couldn't tell her specifically what he did, and when she asked to see his place, he'd say it was just a government building, like a really sterile environment. You wouldn't want to see it.
Speaker 1: It's quite a funny and clever way to hide that you don't have a job, like rather than making up a job and then hoping they're never asked to come to your office. Or he's just saying I work for the government and my job is secret. So I can't tell you that's actually really because people that will just go, oh, okay, well talking about the job. Just I can't tell you I am in the CIA.
Speaker 2: If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Speaker 1: WHOA stop winking at the camera.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey helped with Wednesday night Bible study, frequented a local gym and went to the dentist regularly. He gave his past because of all the candies. That's right. He gave his past to the first few seasons of Signfeld, a.
Speaker 1: Gift probably from the electronics store. I would think.
Speaker 2: Shut down, I'm sure, but like the circuit, city was abandoned. A Charlotte police captain later said, I bet he spoke to everyone within a mile of the place. The church, so It's like everyone knew him and as a lovely guy.
Speaker 1: And why would you ever think this guy doesn't have a home? No, so often because he only it's candy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well the Dentist's come back. I didn't mention the dentist for a.
Speaker 1: Reason, Okay, I mean I liked it anyway, just going on flow never again that stop winking.
Speaker 2: I feel like the guy who writes our themes on Oliver Clark every time, because he would always I think that he would be a big winker at the camera.
Speaker 1: He would be He's just got the energy of He's got the.
Speaker 2: Energy of a winker. I love he does a thing on stage, but I think he's one of the funniest things ever. It's called the double take, where you you look at someone and go, like, I say, you look once. He looked twice.
Speaker 1: But he does it to an audience and then.
Speaker 2: He goes, have you ever tried the three? And he does the triple take? You stop on the Feds. Very good, Jeffrey. He does it much better, Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: To get Oliver back on the podcast because we talk about himself and he could cover the Winter Bago.
Speaker 2: Man and he could also do the Three take.
Speaker 1: No, it just looks like you're shaky.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 2: Actually he does it very well. Jeffrey helped with Wednesday Bible Study and gave his path to the first few seasons of Sidepot on DVD. A Charlotte police officer later said he spoke to everyone within a mile of the place. Employees noticed lots of things going missing at the Toys r Us and the police were called multiple times, so we had quite a few close calls. Now, Jeffrey still needed money to take his new girlfriend out on dates, so he broke into a pawn shop and stall a gun.
Speaker 1: He also managed pawn Yes.
Speaker 2: That's right. He also changed employees rosters at Toys RS to roam around the building freely. So so what he just rostered?
Speaker 1: Knowing Onyah, he started changing rosters.
Speaker 2: So finally, the day after Christmas two thousand and four, he walked into Toys r US with a gun, not married, going back to his old tricks. Police arrived very quickly. Police dogs were brought in and found seven thousand dollars worth of toys he'd hidden in the ceiling.
Speaker 1: Why would you if you're going to rob somewhere for money?
Speaker 2: I don't know why, but you'd set up to. I think he was getting a bit cocky, like he was out in the wild a lot like well, you know, you can say that out in society, not in the wild. But yeah, but he was out and about like I think he was just getting cocky with it, like I'm not going to get found. He had that military training. I feel like he thought, I'm the roof man, I can get all over.
Speaker 1: And because I suppose because he was set up in there so well, he thought that would be like he knew the workings of it, he'd be able to do that more.
Speaker 2: That's right. I'm the roof man, not the roof kid.
Speaker 1: Stop winking at the Okay, but.
Speaker 2: This was all his undoing. So when they found the seven thousand dollars worth of stuff, somehow he got away. A few days later, a Charlotte police officer was on patrol and noticed a vacant circuit city store with the power on but half of it blacked out. This officer was curious to see what was going on, especially because of the armed robbery that had just occurred. The officer saw a makeshift door, and that's where he discovered Jeffrey's home. There he found a fingerprint for the roofman himself. It was Jeffrey Manchester.
Speaker 1: Oh, so they'd found, had they They found seven thousand dollars worth of stolen stuff from toys r.
Speaker 2: Uscal not him, not him, that's right. So he escaped quickly and then they came back and power on there. That seems really strange. It's abandoned while there's a power there. The detective said that he'd never found someone so determined. That night, his mugshot was plastered everywhere. Police finally wanted to catch him and take him back to prison before sunrise.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey and that, sorry to interrupt. Imagine finding like a store had been robbed and the seven thousand dollars worth of goods were taken, And you would never think that that would then lead you to a man who escaped from a forty five year.
Speaker 2: Prison exactly, No, not at all. Yeah, before sunrise, Jeffrey had returned to the dentist to retrieve his dental records so they might be found and used against him. Ah, but he ended up setting the whole place on fire instead. Sorry, he couldn't find his records and he went, oh god, just to the ground. Oh it was no use. People already knew who he was. The people in the church had their own suspicions about the clean cut, thirty three year old who had just apparently fallen out of the sky. Detectives then went to speak with Lee. She eventually agreed to help by arranging a meeting with Jeffrey. Jeffrey arrived at Lee's apartment with a bouquet of flowers.
Speaker 1: But light till the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then he was met with officers who placed him under arrest. His ultimate mistake was going back for the girl one last time, said one detective. Jeffrey is now serving his sentence and is due to be released in two thousand and thirty six, where he will be sixty five years old. He tried to change, so he tried to escape once again. Of course, he did in two thousand and nine, and again in twenty seventeen. My god, both attempts failed. He had a minor infraction in twenty twenty where he had a substance possession somehow in Brisain chatting. Tatum played Jeffrey Manchester in the twenty twenty five film Roofman, which is worth a watch.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was kind of a I think an online release film. Yeah, yeah, that g is the abridge story of the Roofman Jeffrey Manchester.
Speaker 1: Why is it that the way his story is told makes you completely flip whether you think this is like a good guy or a bad guy, Like obviously he's a bad guy kind of I'm like, oh, what a shame his other escape failed attempts failed, like he could have the best. Yeah, I don't know. There's something. There's something about him that is I don't know a little.
Speaker 2: Or something like it's.
Speaker 1: Not he's he's a criminal, armed robbery, thefts. Like there's so much there that is very wrong. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Apart from the you know, there might have been a domestic dispute. Apart from that, ye forgot about that. I don't think he ever hurt anyone.
Speaker 1: I mean, holding a gun to people and putting them.
Speaker 2: In not everyone always is very polite, So I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so weird. I think it's his pretty privilege without even me seeing him, but you're just saying he looks like Turning Tatum. This is like like unmitigated in the back of my sub contest.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, it's pretty privilege. Dig says that.
Speaker 1: Dum, Yeah, okay, he's very pretty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I loved that story, so you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's that interesting. I just thought that was such an interesting little story I could tell on a Thursday as a bonus episode this week. And I've got lots of ones I've been researching recently, and I love doing the Thursday treats. It's like, it's so there can be a bit more uplifting, obviously than the.
Speaker 1: Very much this I'm saying, like it's storytelling is so funny in itself, Like the way you told that, We're like, yeah, it's uplifting, it's a treat. It's Thursday. We could have told that from the perspective of one of the victims.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Absolutely like a heroin story.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, and horrendous.
Speaker 1: And horrendous in all of.
Speaker 2: The way, in all of the way.
Speaker 1: I'm going to watch Roof Man.
Speaker 2: You watch Roof Mand You like it? I liked it. Yeah, it's it's not an incredible film, but they.
Speaker 1: Make it a bit light.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they make it a bit light. Yeah, it's a funny film. Watch us to kind of go, oh, this is a true story. And I think when I watch one of those kind of out there ideas and it's true. I like it a lot more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you think like that story itself, like someone hid in the roof of Toys are Us. If you brought that script to a filmmaker, they go, oh no, that's so Yeah. Yeah, we have a friend. I want to message him and say, if he's available, I'm going to call him and get him to do it on the podcast right now. Toys are Us? Who does the the Toys are Us closing call? Yes, and he remembers it really well, and I want him to do it.
Speaker 2: That will be fantastic because yeah, this is kind of his his party trick where he does this if you just ask him politely or you don't even know to ask him politely really, but he'll just do it for you. And it's the closing call when he worked at Toys r Us or Toy World or one of them, and yeah, and he just did it. He always does it at a dinner party. It's like the final call of the night. Once you've had a few drinks. You go, Bill, do the do the Toys are.
Speaker 1: No, you don't have to ask, if he'll just do it.
Speaker 2: He's happy. Just call him, don't don't teach him. Just call me.
Speaker 1: I just said he's three for thirty seconds for me to call. But then I realized saying that, he'll be like, oh god, you know so I've said what we want?
Speaker 2: Yeah great.
Speaker 1: I think he's the kind of person if I just called, he'd think I was having some kind of mentib.
Speaker 2: And oh yeah, yeah, just going are you okay?
Speaker 3: Gee?
Speaker 1: What's opening?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: You go? Look, he has an answer, and I'm just going to try to.
Speaker 2: Call anyway, and if not, we'll insert it, edit it, edit it. Heah tension, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: As the time is approaching nine pm, Toys r US will be closing for trade in approximately ten minutes time. If you could please find Elijah purchases and make your way through to the front registers, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Speaker 2: I mean, half of the whole team.
Speaker 3: We'd like to thank you for shopping at the world's largest toy store, Toys r US.
Speaker 2: Try and call him. If it doesn't work, well, we'll let it.
Speaker 1: This bit of house this is fun, you know what it's like. It's like live radio or something.
Speaker 2: Something like that. It's also the day before Christmas Eve, when you're calling. That's a very funny time to be calling someone out of nowhere. This is good.
Speaker 4: I'm on.
Speaker 2: If he's screening your call.
Speaker 1: God, why do we look outside the window and we seen walking past looking at his phone and just.
Speaker 2: Putting back on.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: Sorry his voice.
Speaker 1: Let's leave that in though, because he's got such.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let's put it in here if we get here for the episode. Gee. Anyway, that is a story of the roof man.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have a question for you, saying Peter, more than happy to answer. If you had to live in a store of any any sort for whatever reason, I don't care what reason, What store would you choose to live in?
Speaker 2: That's going to be McDonald's from me. I'm loving it.
Speaker 1: Stop doing that. You guys need to watch this on the YouTube. If your podcast exclusive listeners not watch us, please watch to this episode YouTube.
Speaker 2: Would you want to live?
Speaker 1: I have thought about this many times. I don't know why. I think like a Captain's News, like a like a furniture furniture.
Speaker 2: That's very smart. But I'd want to be somewhere where they have food as well, so I'd want to probably be maybe a Harvey Norman here in Australia.
Speaker 1: Norman doesn't have food. Oh hang on, I've got the perfect answer.
Speaker 2: I care, I care everything.
Speaker 1: And also like the you know, they've got the hot dogs and and everything I speak.
Speaker 2: From the other day, absolutely delicious.
Speaker 1: Well when you said, you could have said disgusting, because then by night you don't have to have a makeshift bed. Can you tell I'm like a perpetually sleepy person. My mind goes straight to I just want to bed, to be able to sleep at night. No, great, you're going to bed there even set them up like you know in the in the marketplace and not the marketplace, like the showroom section of Ikea. It's all set up and ready to go. The beds are there, go and have your dinner. Bed at night. They've got like that is an office spaces set up. You can pretend to do some work by day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's actually yeah, okay, No, you're right, you're actually right.
Speaker 1: Thank you. We just get that clean.
Speaker 2: You're actually right.
Speaker 1: I love that. I'm going to make that my ring tone.
Speaker 2: Thank you as always to Oliver Clark for doing the music. Thank you to Tams and Hayes for doing the artwork. If you want to leave us a voicemail. We'd love to hear from you. The link is below. The website is called speak Pipe. If you want to goddamn leave us an email. You can leave us an email at Sammy at just another company dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: You must write us a five star review. You must leave us a five star rating. You can no, no, You must follow us on Instagram and TikTok at not another crime podcast. And that's that's all the things we need to say.
Speaker 2: Is that thing watch us on YouTube. I want to share it with a friend. Share you must must share it with a friend.
Speaker 1: And please let us know what stories you want to hear from us as well. The Monday episodes are being you know, the kind of more detailed crime one and the Thursday treats can be anything. Do you let us know if there's a guest you want to want to hear from, if there's stories that it wants to cover that are a bit you know, of a lighter nature. Let us know. It's a new year, baby Dolls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it always. I think this comes out on Year's Eve maybe, but it's about it almost is the new year, So thank you for a wonderful year as well. Everybody.
Speaker 1: Is there any kind of Y two K bug issue like this year, any any concerns.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I think everything's going to be great.
Speaker 1: I won't get the camera. Get That's when you should have winked to the camera.
Speaker 2: A day wake everybody, Love you guys.
Speaker 1: Happy twenty twenty six by