Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast. Showtime will come and.
Speaker 2: Get your thick, thirsty tails.
Speaker 3: Ladies, A long amount of crime will make you tired.
Speaker 2: Five out of five they have ali The Christian O'Connor.
Speaker 1: Show Gold one oh four by three.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Jackie Boy, Monny Guys coome morning, Pats, mornning.
Speaker 4: Well, we are in the final stretch of some of which has been extraordinary. The forty eight hour movie marathon. This kind of just stumbled into us a couple of weeks ago. We were wondering if how long would people just watch the same movie over and over again. And at first we were asking you would you even be up for trying this, And then we thought it'd be twenty four hours because that's really hard, no sleeps watching the same thing on a loop. And then we extended it to forty eight hours. So fifteen of you went in on Monday. I'm stuggers to say that eight people are still remaining.
Speaker 3: Shocked.
Speaker 4: When this started, we're all saying we don't think anyone's going to be there by Tuesday yesterday, within twenty four hours. We just thought people would just have enough or fall asleep. Eight are remaining. They're hanging in there now. I hope no one crashes out at seven forty five this morning, it ends and they each get So the big prize is twenty thousand dollars to whoever was left out there. So at the moment eight, then what did they get each?
Speaker 3: Now we get two thousand, five hundred dollars each? Is that a plus and experience of a lifetime?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 4: We need quite a few cherries on top of that. I don't think comes seven forty five. Normally radio stations you get that big, the scream of the moment, the promo that runs for day. Aha, they're just going to go, and that actually just going to push people out the way to get out of there and away from this show. So let's go to Rio, who's down there right now? Come morning Rio, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 2: How are they mate?
Speaker 5: You say eight people still remain? The eight shells still remain, plucking their eyes open with toothpicks. They are not the same eight people that entered this cinema.
Speaker 2: Listens. I'm China, sure this has been a good thing for us.
Speaker 5: I thought I'd come in here on the final day like a really big triumphant. Yeah, be buzzing. It is tense, it is quiet. They are they irritable. Irritable, Oh, irritable is very.
Speaker 4: Because turning up there with your breakfast going and you got to do the link back to us and then we go get out. Yeah, you're one of us. I guess to survive. There's this kind of bunkerment.
Speaker 3: I thought they would get excited to see Rio because you signal that you were really close to the that the radio shows on. So they've got less than two hours.
Speaker 4: No one high five as a prison guard to them. He's a prison guard. That great prison guards back on duty.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you could be in their nightmares for years to.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, they're going to depreciate you. They see you down the street, they're going to start shivering.
Speaker 2: I can't sleep, must have sleep. The spotsors are looking at me.
Speaker 5: And I think even though they know it's, you know, just probably a matter of hours left, that they know also it's going to be the longest hours of their life, because each hour of the sticks by gets harder and harder, and.
Speaker 4: You think they start to relax as you think, I've got how many times you've seen like a fifteen hundred meters race at the Olympics, where someone with a big lead just slows down a bit because they look behind them, and then suddenly someone's coming along on the inside. I wonder if any will actually relax so much. I think I've done it, and just like right.
Speaker 2: Before, right before. Yeah, you imagine if you've fell asleep at two minutes ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the person coming up behind them in second place is actually.
Speaker 4: Sleep up the pies game. I think they were only in front for something like twelve seconds.
Speaker 2: That is not fair.
Speaker 5: I think that's why it's so tense, because they know they've made it so far, but they've got this sort of unstoppable force of sleep chasing them down. But they are, to their credit, they are immovable objects. At the moment, they are locked in. They are completely broken, but they are not moving. They are not going in.
Speaker 4: So do you think we are all eight that are there right now from the fifteen almost forty eight hours ago, will be there at the end.
Speaker 2: Is anyone looking a bit hones sleep? You know the old slow blink we do that.
Speaker 5: Every single one of them could drop at any point in the next I.
Speaker 3: Can't're so sad to lose from.
Speaker 2: Now yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: That's why it's so tense.
Speaker 5: Everyone isn't cheering, everyone's not you know, celebrating yet, because they are all so close to sleeping.
Speaker 4: If you're wondering, by the way, it maybe just you know, I haven't heard the show this week. You're wondering, what is that noise and the background? That's the movie they've been watching for other the last almost forty eight hours is Groundhog Day, which is a great movie. But I'm starting to recognize certain scenes now because when we cross to you Rio, you can kind of hear where he is. Is he's back in the market square.
Speaker 2: Is he the guesthouse?
Speaker 6: He's getting slapped At the moment.
Speaker 3: They are officially on forty six hours, twenty three minutes and fifty two seconds watching.
Speaker 4: I find it amazing that they're stood in. Tell me about this then, and the one who we thought were the first to crash out was Sleeping Beauty. He called the show last week. Wanted to go in as a test to himself and don't think to prove someone to his wife that he'd never ever made it through a movie, just a movie at home or in the cinema without falling asleep.
Speaker 2: He stood in the mix. He's going to make it.
Speaker 6: He might.
Speaker 5: He is probably the most most broken, but also maybe the most determined of them all.
Speaker 6: If you look into his eyes using.
Speaker 2: The word broken, no more broken. We've made them.
Speaker 3: We're so happy we heard that one of them who crashed out overnight didn't even give an exit of you. We've been recording them allways that I just have to go.
Speaker 4: Keeping the doors cartwheel commercial road to get the hell out of there, even to speak to the show. Ever again, we are not going to be p one in his presepts.
Speaker 2: He's smashing that radio win right now. All right, we'd come back to in a bit.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: A lot of you have questions about how they've been looked after toilet breaks, it breaks under medical advisory. We do have paramedics down there, have been down there of course throughout this were extended from five minutes so a bit longer yesterday. A lot of when you know, are they being fed?
Speaker 2: What do you think? You're not starving?
Speaker 4: It's bad enough to being late to stay awake and watch a movie.
Speaker 2: Over and again.
Speaker 3: Yes, they're actually getting great food.
Speaker 4: All yeah, they are. Yesterday they had a good friend of the show. Actually Allison Allison's Bakery. Allison listeners every morning. She's a star. She delivered a beautiful breakfast to them. Then for lunch, I love her Betty's Burger. They're Betty's Burger. And then dinner yesterday, nice Italian from Cafe Kachina. This morning when they are released screaming and crying and weeping into the daylight, Abaca's Bar and Kitchen, which is an amazing place. They're providing breakfast and coffees for them and if they want this, don't.
Speaker 2: I think they just want to get out of I'm not sure they're going to be the move for happy hours.
Speaker 4: The Kontigui marks that way it's going. You can you take me home and he needs to sleep for a very very long time. And you can also watch all of this on Facebook. We're streaming it. We happened since it started. We're talking about the forty hour movie marathon where they're watching Groundhog down a loop.
Speaker 2: So they're now onto the twenty.
Speaker 3: I think you're halfway through the twenty eighth viewing. Oh at about seven o'clock they'll click into the final.
Speaker 2: Viewing twenty eight times they've seen that movie with no sleep. When you said like that, it's like, how are they still so many? Why are they in there?
Speaker 4: Anyway, you go to Facebook dot com slash the Christian O'Connell show, you can see it. Lots of you've been leaving comments of the last two days, which has been great, and in fact, someone who left in the last couple of hours, Lovely Woman Nurse Michelle, has actually jumped on in there.
Speaker 2: What is it you know?
Speaker 4: Rio mentioned this yesterday about a Stockholm syndrome where you've fallen in love your characters. You think she'd never want anything to do with this. She's now answering questions. We've hired her no off her own bat.
Speaker 3: She's gone on there and said, hey, I went out at seven pm yesterday after thirty five hours of watching the film. Such a weird, fun experience. If you have any questions about the event, I might be able to answer them.
Speaker 2: And now in the.
Speaker 3: Last ten minutes people have been asking questions, what was the first thing you did as you left the cinema. I went and had a shower up because in the five minutes that we were allocated, we did not get enough time to properly wash. She says. Also, the Gold team were amazing. They looked after us in so many ways and gave us the best experience. Leave all this stuff about being broken.
Speaker 4: I don't know if anything. It's a holiday, they should pay to go in there. We'll give them a bit actually for the last two days with that cool all right, extra time on the time waster. We're looking for your cold bands. Make your bands cold and text it into us. Four seventy five three one oh four three? Who is on stage at freeze Fest?
Speaker 7: Is there?
Speaker 2: Ronan Hitting?
Speaker 3: Oh, thank god, it's so cold, Thank you Ronan Gold.
Speaker 2: The flute fighters, Oh it's cold season. Guys, get your jabs silver freezing silver edge of minus seventeen. Oh, upgrade me and Lincoln Parker.
Speaker 3: Oh shitty there silver plus numb.
Speaker 2: Nothing but that one. Okay, Jackie boy, what have you got?
Speaker 3: Cold bands that Lincoln Parks You got it, my friend, let's upgrade. That's gold. The Ice girls are on stage, well, Baby Ice, scary Eyes, ginger Ice, bosh Ice kind.
Speaker 4: Of rushed into that one. It's the punchline is already here. Gold for the Ice.
Speaker 3: Girls, boys in the hoodies.
Speaker 2: That's good as well. Also gold, and.
Speaker 3: These guys have been hanging out with wim Hop. I guess it's the Ice Bath Dick Monkeys Gold plus.
Speaker 2: That is an ambitious reach, but we salute it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Extra Time on the Time Waste. So this morning we're looking for your cold bands.
Speaker 2: Man alive.
Speaker 4: That rain of wind during the night, it was really really full on, really really full on. All right, then, Jackie boy, you're in to Mark.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Let's see it's on stage at freeze Fest Chilling Heidi Gold, Ben Freeze's minus five Silver, Icy Cold Chili Peppers, Bronze Igloo Pop instead of Iggy Pop.
Speaker 2: Mark.
Speaker 4: That is very good, fitting her ice on your windscreen. Silver Friends all Numb Silver. I thought that would auto matchally get goals. The stay in bed Zeppelin Bronze Shrinkage Floyd, did you want to get that?
Speaker 2: Turn down the a c DC.
Speaker 4: Can you Silver plus Head Shivering Gold. Didn't put your name on that, but two five zero, well done, Ac Freezy.
Speaker 2: Silver Bond Frozy Gold. That's very good.
Speaker 4: When you text over these, make sure you put your name on so we can give you the credit you deserve. But eight three eight. Well done, New kids on the block of Ice Silver.
Speaker 3: Plus.
Speaker 2: You did put your name on that so we can give you the credit. You don't deserve.
Speaker 4: Tough that Chris l of Ice Presley Cold Ice Ice pressy oh, and I thought that should have been a gone I need my donadond Yeah, that's very good. David in Sunbury take thermostat.
Speaker 2: Tough like Adam Banaama Gold.
Speaker 4: Oh, Adams is texting those people should not be able to drive home when they leave the Cinewhare. Don't worry, they will not be driving for a couple of days. Adam mister assured the Freezing Jets Silver toast him alone. Gold, that's very good, Mark, well done, and Frozen Sink Gold, that's very very good.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Hour and five minutes left for the outstanding Outstanding Feeve endurance from eight of you from the fifteen that went in almost forty eight hours ago from movie Mouth, and during the next ten minutes they'll be getting their toilet break and then coming back down for the last viewing the twenty ninth viewing of Groundhog Day, which they've been watching continuously since seven forty five am Monday morning.
Speaker 2: It is incredible.
Speaker 4: There's going to be eight there at the age, all right, right now knock on Wednesday. Well, the rest of Melbourne is still asleep at the moment rolling into the office about nine o'clock. You're already at your desk, or you're on your way into work, or you're still rinding at the car park. If you've knocked on, we want to celerate that. Give us a call right now, nine four one four one oh four to three Workers of Melbourne, U nite?
Speaker 2: Where are you? Jackie boy? What have they got? They can have their choice or whatever you want from our show, much gubbot.
Speaker 3: Yes, we reward the early workers of Melbourne with Presci O'Connor show, Christian o'c connell show, fridge magnets, Christian conal show mugs. And there is still two pairs of socks. Oh it's chilly outside.
Speaker 2: What are those aren't going? Are they?
Speaker 4: It was like for the last couple of weeks. Those socks are been permanently there ten years from now.
Speaker 2: Don't forget. Those socks are still available.
Speaker 3: Your choice. You choose what you want.
Speaker 4: All right, Give us a call now. Lines are open if you're at work. Knocked on nine four one four, one oh.
Speaker 1: Four three The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Who knew that watching people watching a movie continuously for forty eight hours would be such addictive Internet viewing? Good morning to the cover hundred of you that are watching the feed right now live from gold Cast Villae Cinemas, Chapel Street Precincts. They're in the last hour under the last hour and hour and the forty eight hour movie mouth and the biggest talking point has been there are two brothers in there. They're both sort of very competitive insurance athletes, actually proper endurance where there's a movement and running and socks on Jane and he keeps changing his socks like every twelve hours, has been the biggest talking point. You start with yellow socks, Kelly Smith. He's back in black sox now he's started us yellow socks. Why yesterday and I noticed, Oh, he's got light blue ones on are thinking how many pairs did he bring in there?
Speaker 3: Now they just call him socks. They've even got their own nickname for him on the comments section.
Speaker 4: And I didn't realize that because they're in gold Classic Gate, because we've got to look after him. I didn't realize there's a locker by the side of your reclining chair, and he's taken out about sixteen empty water bottles and watched this live right now and he's rearranging them. I guess this is something to do mentally to stay stimulated.
Speaker 3: He's gone, mat we didn't have anything.
Speaker 4: The teas to see is about doing skittles with your empty water bottles.
Speaker 2: All right? Who is already knocked on at work? Jane? You are good morning Jane one in Christian morning? Jane. What do you do then? Jane?
Speaker 8: I'm a manager. Are the rect treat and sleep at near clinic?
Speaker 4: So you what you know what these people going through no sleep and what they could do to people do?
Speaker 2: That's your customers every day? Is it your patients?
Speaker 8: They might be I also know about people that their partners snaw.
Speaker 2: Is that what appne you is?
Speaker 8: Yes, it is stop breathing in their sleep.
Speaker 3: When these contestants get out of the cinema after being awake for forty eight hours, how long will they sleep for? Could they sleep for the next twenty four hours?
Speaker 8: I reckon they sleep for two days? Wouldn't they make it.
Speaker 2: Up for it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You've just been mentally even the next couple of days, even when you're awake, you're so this cool populator, I would guess would be Yeah, Jane, what can we get you.
Speaker 8: Had it?
Speaker 2: What would you like from our merch cupboard? You want to marg or fridge magnet to have on.
Speaker 4: A coffee mag coffeemug. Yeah, we'll get that to you, Jane. All right, Jane, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: You call. Have a good day. Good morning Allison, who's already knocked on.
Speaker 9: Hi, good morning, how are you going?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Allison. So, first day back after maternity leave.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes it is.
Speaker 2: How do you feel.
Speaker 9: It's a bit mixed. Yeah, happy to get back around adults and yeah, you know, a little bit sad to leave a little one. So dropped him off at daycare on my way to work. So yeah, Luckily I've been through it before. I've got a four year old as well, So yeah, I think I think we'll be fine. We'll be fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it must be so hard you form the special bond, even if it's the second or third one, then then you've got to sort of say goodbye. It must be that must have been really out this morning dropping off at daycare.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean he's been he's been in for a few weeks now, so getting him ready so it's not quite as hard. But yeah, you know, being further away, not just around the corner at home, it's yeah. Hopefully we get lots of photos today and.
Speaker 2: I hope it's a nice ease back into work today for Alison.
Speaker 9: And what do you do, mate, I'm a palate Palate controller for Coca Cola.
Speaker 2: You've got to check they got enough panets for all those bottles of coke from Melbourne?
Speaker 9: Yeah, pretty much. Otherwise you know, we might have a bit of a riot on our hand if there's not.
Speaker 4: Enough Coca Cola riots of twenty three? Where were you guys? And do you get any free coke? Do you get any perks working there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: We do, we get we get a few cases a month, so yeah, and then yeah, we've got, you know, access to all the fridges that work during the day.
Speaker 4: So what coke much cocoa would chop up a little baby's fever in the Coca Cola them.
Speaker 9: Going as we have water and other products and stuff.
Speaker 4: Spoiling delicious water, make a off it here? Andison, what can we send you?
Speaker 9: I don't know what what have you got, Jack?
Speaker 3: We got we got the pins, we got the Christian O'Connell show, fridge magnets, we got the socks, and we got the coffee mug.
Speaker 2: What about fridge magnet for that? So let's just fridge with all that water in there.
Speaker 9: How about some socks? I need some new So.
Speaker 2: Is someone who's tired. I doesn't know what they're asking for me?
Speaker 4: Okay, after socks? Was a sock puppet? Your little bub all right, Aison. I hope today is kind to you.
Speaker 9: Okay, perfect, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You two take care Johnny Christian. How are you going, Johnny? And what do you do? Johnny?
Speaker 7: I'm a gardener.
Speaker 2: Gardner that's up fair play. That is fair play. Cold and we're out there today on the ground, yes, very cold. So are you about to start work now?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 9: I start at seven when I'm allowed to make some noise with the machines, with the tools and all that show.
Speaker 2: Leaf blower going. The worst thing about the leaf blower is it goes quiet about three seconds.
Speaker 3: Ay, put it done, and.
Speaker 4: Then it gets fired up again. As the leaves have settled, they've got to chase them down again. Somewhere now, Johnny, and a daylight today. What can we get you?
Speaker 9: No, I need the socks, definitely.
Speaker 2: You don't need these socks. You need like problems. Seriously, I'll double I'll double them up.
Speaker 9: I'll wear some sick socks and I'll put your life there.
Speaker 4: Honestly, there is There is thick as tissue paper, cheap stuff at school.
Speaker 2: You actually what you're asked with. It's like that.
Speaker 3: But these are the last socks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, Johnny, have a good day today, thanks for calling him.
Speaker 7: Thanks by well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: History awaits these brave athletes who've almost survived forty eight hours in a cinema watching a movie NonStop, the movie a great movie groundhog Day, talking about the forty eight hour movie Mouth and kicked off seven forty five am back on Monday Show. There was fifteen of you that went in. I'm staggered to be telling you there are still eight eight of you. Eight of them are still in there at seven forty five this morning. So thirty five minutes time they're done, they get their share of twenty thousand dollars. They deserve it all to spend down a chapel Street precinct. Rio is in the cinema right now. Rio, what's the atmosphere?
Speaker 6: Like the vibes are back Christian.
Speaker 5: They just had the credits roll on the last play of the film, and they are up and in a very you know, crazed person kind of way, but they are up and about.
Speaker 6: They were hugging.
Speaker 5: I think they realized that they're on the verge of really doing something very special, and they were hugging each other, were learning each other's names for the first time because all they've had these kind of prison names have given them like, oh, I know, we're talking about their families and it's really really sweet.
Speaker 3: It's actually.
Speaker 4: Been to where someone has a nickname called sleeping Beauty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not exactly from the streets, but that's.
Speaker 2: What's So, do they now know this is it? They're in the last stretch or not?
Speaker 4: Are they so sort of confused because we've got phones and clocks and all that, they don't really know where they are on the day.
Speaker 3: They have a hunch.
Speaker 5: I think they have a hunch because they've all got their own sort of system of counting, and they're they're cautiously.
Speaker 4: Some people are like using popcorn the corns to actually using those for each screening they've gone through, trying to keep down some of them.
Speaker 6: In water water bottles. Yeah, just random.
Speaker 4: When he used to etch on the prison wall days of like a ten year stretch they've got to do in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I don't understand why, but yeah, you were talking about it before battle. Brother Ryan has stashed nine liters. He's counted of water. There's just empty water bottles in front of him. If that's what people are wondering, I.
Speaker 4: Just like Tomanks with Wilson. Maybe the water boffles have become his friends.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, so real.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you let them know now that this is it? This is the last screening. They've almost made it to the end of the forty eight hour movie.
Speaker 5: Mouth and Contestants, this is the final screening of groundhog Day, and then very soon it'll be over.
Speaker 2: I'm glad. Spirits are still high.
Speaker 5: Sleeping Beauty has all jumped out of his chair and joy he's fist pumping, his arms are in the air. Some of them are too deliriously tired to even react. So a real, real mixed reaction there, but they are absolutely stoked, all right, Rio.
Speaker 4: So we've got about thirty four minutes. They've got thirty four minutes left to go. I really hope and pray that none of them actually not off because they knowin and get complacent because they've done so well. I didn't none of us thought on Monday, when we realize how hard this was going to be, that actually any to be left after the twenty four hour mark back on yesterday show. The fact that there's eight people still in there, hanging in there, supporting each other, their own reasons why they want to try and make it to the end, to get the money as well, is actually it's incredible and kind of like, I'm kind of inspired by them.
Speaker 5: It is it's to be here now, especially in this room. It's really inspiring what they've done. And it sounds ridiculous, is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: They've never of real real mental and physical endurance.
Speaker 5: It is like, it's hard enough to stay away for forty eight hours, that's insane, but the mental sort of strength that takes to just be trapped in this cinema watching this movie over and over again.
Speaker 6: They've been through ups and down.
Speaker 5: It's been it's been a roller coaster for them, and I can't believe they've come out the other side.
Speaker 4: All right, let's have a listen now. If you've missed over the last two days, here's what happens so far.
Speaker 10: Monday, seven am. Everybody is part for the Starty w seven hours in first sign of trouble from young Scorsese.
Speaker 6: I think I'll be out in the next movie.
Speaker 2: I think he.
Speaker 11: Did amazingly, but he was the first to go.
Speaker 5: I've left at fifteen hours and I made it through ten watchings.
Speaker 11: Yogi was the next to fall. I left sixteen twenty three hours.
Speaker 10: PC Tony couldn't resist the tasty dangling carrot.
Speaker 5: If anyone would like to leave the cinema right now, you'll take home a two nights stay at the Lovely Como Hotel.
Speaker 6: PC Tony've come down. He's gonna ring the bell.
Speaker 2: All life would kill me if I didn't take.
Speaker 5: That halfway there, guys, you've all passed the twenty four hour.
Speaker 11: It didn't matter. A restaurant voucher was enough for blank Slate to tap out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's good enough for me.
Speaker 2: Oh wreck it.
Speaker 11: Ralph broke a rib last week, but it's helping her.
Speaker 5: If I stretched the right way, it does hurt, so it wakes me up a little bit.
Speaker 1: So it's a little strategy that I have been using.
Speaker 11: Sleeping Beauty's wife called in.
Speaker 8: He's done very well.
Speaker 7: I'm actually quite chocked.
Speaker 3: I heard from my door in order to start a crying.
Speaker 2: Oh you're doing so well in there, buddy.
Speaker 9: Twenty four hours to go.
Speaker 2: That's you spoken like a true wife. Ye know, it's breaking down in tears.
Speaker 11: Thirty hours. The insomniac is going strong. Me you've been insomniac is proving true.
Speaker 12: I'm definitely staying wide awake compared to the others that I see dozing off.
Speaker 11: Thirty six hours.
Speaker 10: The nurse you did amazing, But Syonara, my name is Michelle.
Speaker 1: I left after.
Speaker 11: Twenty one hours.
Speaker 2: Just to update.
Speaker 4: She was so confused there because he've got no idea what the time is. Nurse Michelle actually did thirty six hours. We get some huge difference from twenty one to thirty six half an hour, and then it's all over on our forty eight hour movie. Mouth and good onitor PC Tony, you just heard and thats crashed out, Christian.
Speaker 2: I love the whole experience.
Speaker 4: Amazing food from all the local restaurants, best experienced on the best team, and the best show.
Speaker 2: I've loved it.
Speaker 4: I'm still glued to the live feed, willing all my other fellow athletes on PC Tony off to work.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Everyone has been willing these guys on twenty four to seven on the live stream, we're still live streaming. There are five anchel of you right now watching people watching ground Octay. I found it strangely addictive. I know there's all this amazing content on stan on Prime, but I'm telling you that has been the if I was doing double thumbs up this week, I'll be saying, tell you what's.
Speaker 2: Been well worth watching?
Speaker 4: All the seasons, all forty eight hours of seasons up there for you to watch again. You've go to Facebook dot com slash the Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 4: They're in the last stretch now. It actually is twenty five minutes to go, and then they've done forty eight hours in there. Patsy, can you believe they're actually going to be eight at the end of this.
Speaker 13: No, I can't. I can't believe. I thought maybe two or three, but I can't believe, like you know, more than half they're just they're incredible.
Speaker 4: Has already been watching it. My girls have been glued to this. Ruby went into surgery yesterday, have her tonsils out, and so she had to stay in overnight. And that's been her thing too, because obviously, you know it's something you ever generous.
Speaker 2: I think you are so woozy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're out and you wake up suddy at one o'clock in a strange room, and you're like my throat's resource. She's been glued to the feed just to see how they're all going partsy. What happened with you yesterday?
Speaker 13: Now, oh, yesterday, my family broke my heart yesterday, so ords was home from school. She's been a bit off color. And so mum makes these really kick ass meat fritters and honestly it's just all the leftovers. So they had roast lamb at the weekend, so she'll get the bits off the bone and you know veggies that might be delicious, you know, like bubble and squeak.
Speaker 2: Bubbling squeak. I love bubble and squeak. All the leftovers.
Speaker 13: I don't know how I've tried to emulate these fritters and I cannot. I have tried for years, and she just gets like a flower and water mixture puts. I don't know what she does. She puts her Mumsie magic in it, but they taste amazing. Anyway, she did a batch because Chris and Ords were sick and brought them up with her home. Oh she's the best with the homemade tomato relish on the side. Anyway, it happened while I went off and had a little nap.
Speaker 3: She called up and left it.
Speaker 13: And so when I woke up, I looked on the bench and I say, oh my god, where they're fritters? Where are the rest of them? Are they in the fridge? The other two had eaten like a whole, massive big tray of them, not even left me.
Speaker 2: Are near your last breath? She have done that to me, not one.
Speaker 13: Not even.
Speaker 2: Them.
Speaker 13: Yes, straight from Grandma's house to mine. And I had none wit and had a nap, and they just polished them off like I don't know what like. Did they say anything, No, No, they said, oh they're just too yummy. We just could I.
Speaker 3: See you could have only slept me one.
Speaker 13: I wanted to burst into tears.
Speaker 4: Frosty night last night, for you and the waraby laugh God you sleep back out on the porch again to be sent.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: This is a radio crack pot team. Seriously, we're like specialists. And I dispatched one of my high level operatives. You are known as Jack Post. I sent him off to get down to Chapel Street Precinct.
Speaker 2: We're in Richmond, not that far.
Speaker 4: He's in the most high tech carl that is a round the market right now at Tesla. He's what happened to get in there fifteen minutes ago, Jack.
Speaker 7: I went to take a shortcut.
Speaker 2: Oh no, not another one of your shortcuts. We told you the route, but you so Tommy told you that. He told you the car park.
Speaker 7: I know, but I know of a special car park. If you go all the way to the top of the jam Patrick car Park, usually you can walk straight into the Gold Class area where our competition is take.
Speaker 2: Oh so were you was a shortcut try and get a freebie?
Speaker 7: No, well the doors are locked because obviously the gold Carter then properly opened at seven o'clock in the morning, So then I had the backtrack. Then I also had a little pit stuff to go to the toilet and now I have made it.
Speaker 2: So are you are you? Are you in the jam factory now on shopping Street?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, actually it was. I would I would call it a nervous way. I'm kind of nervous for everybody.
Speaker 4: Well, I should say that to them because it really puts in context that Jack's having trouble at the moment, urinating.
Speaker 2: That's what it's filtering.
Speaker 7: It's obviously done the hard work.
Speaker 2: Ye, I wouldn't leave.
Speaker 4: I couldn't even have a pee earlier. That's how hard this is for me. Jack Post? All right, So Jackie, you're so are you near rio?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 7: No, I'm outside the cinema door having gone.
Speaker 2: In yet my walk and talk?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's lovely catch up, but move and talk long legs of yours in three strides.
Speaker 2: You are in there.
Speaker 7: I didn't think one of the because they, you know, they don't know when.
Speaker 4: You've got like a big star like Jack Post, you can be Actually it's like a famous lighthouse moving along.
Speaker 2: It's alluring.
Speaker 7: I'm coming into the cinema now, Oh my, I can justine not the reception. I was.
Speaker 4: Maybe until it's twelve minutes time together? So Jack, what I need you to do then, So, oh god, yeah, I'm not surprised it looks musty in there. I'm sure the camera, the perfilming and stream this is getting like frosted up and missed it up. Sometimes I can almost swill it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's fun walk into a cave.
Speaker 2: It's five K TV, it's smell of vision.
Speaker 4: So Jack, what I need you to do then is they don't know this, but the eight remaining people that are in there, all their families are waiting for them outside. So when in about twelve minutes time this is all over, I want you to release the families in there from very emotional reunion that they're at the end of it and they've got their share of.
Speaker 2: The twenty thousand.
Speaker 7: Love that.
Speaker 4: Love that, So it gives you plenty of time to go to the toilet or do anything else you need to do, adjust yourself.
Speaker 2: So that's what I need you to do in five minutes one mission.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Over the last.
Speaker 4: Forty eight hours we put a load of view in a cinema back on Monday show. Such a long, long, long time ago for them. Since Monday morning at seven forty five, they've been watching the same movie continuously every hour. They're allout a five minute toilet break to get up, then the back into the cinema. They've been fed, they've been looked after, but incredibly eight are remaining. So what we're going to do now the movie they're on the twenty ninth viewing, we're a minute away from all being over now from when it began almost forty eight hours ago. So what they don't realize is all their families are the other side of the cinema doors, where Jack Post is in position right now. So Jack, you're with the families.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm Krisha. I'm standing with about fifty people, friends, family, partners, children, brothers, sisters. I don't know. I don't know if we agreed on this or someone. For some reason, somebody's told them all to put palm popcorn in their hands and as they go into the cinema throw popcorn like confetti.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's probably cheaper for this radio station than well, actually, no cinema popcorn can be quite right?
Speaker 7: Actually, where are uniting people with their families after a harrowing experience of being away for forty eight hours?
Speaker 2: And they go, oh my, yes, the last thing they need. However, that's what they're getting.
Speaker 4: So what I'm about to do that, I'm going to cross inside the cinema right now and get Rio to tell them count them down from ten. Stay there, chat and I'll come back to you. And once they've screamed and cheered and hugged each other, I'll come back to you and tell you to release the families.
Speaker 2: Into the cinema. Okay, stay there, all right, it's.
Speaker 4: Cost to Rio. Now, who's in the cinema with them? All the final eight? They've done it.
Speaker 6: I'm here, Christian. They've all hurried up.
Speaker 5: I know, if you can see on the live stream, they've all come together in the front row.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 4: They went in as individuals and they've all united and bonded together in this incredible experience and experiment over the last forty hours.
Speaker 2: I can see.
Speaker 4: I'm watching a live stream now along with lots of you. If you want to watch what happens next when they're all reunited, heads to Facebook dot com slash the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: All right, Rio, tell them it is.
Speaker 5: All over, guys, It's almost all over.
Speaker 4: They are ten seconds away. Let's start the countdown. Now get them to join you Rio ten.
Speaker 6: Nine nine right seven six fun.
Speaker 2: Right, so one.
Speaker 11: Read them all.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's over, Jack, Send the families in, Send the families in. Jack going in, Go go go.
Speaker 2: Empty water bottles are currently being thrown in the air.
Speaker 4: Contestants who were rivals are high fiving each other, Families.
Speaker 2: Are running in.
Speaker 4: It's giving on. I'm going to turn up for it's beautiful. They've each one, so eate them two and a half thousand dollars each. Lots of big hugs. The first hugs actually our fellow contestants hugging each other who become friends in this.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Jack post. Are you in the mix?
Speaker 4: I can hear you. Jack describe the scenes of their emotional reunion.
Speaker 3: There everybody is emotional. I'm just going to find some of our contestants at random. I'm coming up to Jamon, who is one of the battling brothers. How you feeling congratulate?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Good, we can add a little bit. I haven't slept in a while, and everyone was running. I was like, are they my family? And what I've seen people look like my family haven't slept in a while.
Speaker 3: As an understatement, you've been away from more than forty eight hours.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's been a while, so happy to celebrate it. I didn't think it was a big thing on the outside. Well, but everyone seems to be around it, so yeah, Kenda, Yeah, hug everyone and get around it all.
Speaker 3: Congratulations guys, Christian, I'll move on to somebody else. I mean, it's tears everywhere.
Speaker 4: It's been amazing for them with roller coaster.
Speaker 14: Yes, you're with roller coaster.
Speaker 2: Hey, Shiny, well done.
Speaker 4: You were the first person to call us so after you told us that you survived forty hours on a New Zealand roller coaster.
Speaker 2: Well done, You've nailed it. I know I'm up for the challenge.
Speaker 4: What's the next one seventy two hour movie mouthing? Hey, listen, Shiny, well done? And do you remember last week when PC Tony called in and said, oh, I'll take Shiny out. I'll be throwing her out. He actually sent a message saying that you kicked his arm and he wanted to say, well done.
Speaker 14: Oh that's so cool because I was so scared too. I've had when he rung up and then when I got to meet him, I was like, you were so not intimidating at all and it was lovely.
Speaker 2: Have you enjoyed it?
Speaker 4: How has it been a real mouth and as in really really hard at times?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 14: Yes, yes there was times where yeah, I thought I was going to fall asleep. You crash, You go from a big high to the low of low and you don't know how to get out of it.
Speaker 2: But what kept you going?
Speaker 4: How did you make fourty eight hours?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 14: Just the team, I guess that you know, we all like were with each other and yeah, it was just a buzz. So I think that's what kept us all going.
Speaker 4: And did you have certain people in there that you bonded with and you helped each other through?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah I think so.
Speaker 2: Yes, All right, well done, I'll let you go in.
Speaker 3: All right right, Christian, I'm I'm up to Sleeping Beauty. This was the person who has the longest odds to win. He told us that he only every time he sits it in a movie, whether it's in the cinema at home, he falls asleep within half an hour. His whole family's here with him. How are you feeling, Cam.
Speaker 15: I'm definitely definitely proud of myself. I proved myself right that I can do it. I was talking to myself in the mirror in the toilet in the late hours of the morning. But the main reason was for these three kids to hopefully get get a holiday, which I think we'll.
Speaker 2: Be able to do.
Speaker 3: So Yeah, congratulations and Cam well done.
Speaker 2: Honestly, we're so proud of you.
Speaker 4: You know, you came into it as an outsider, and that's why you were like sleeping beauty. I never made a movie. You've done forty eight hours. You work so hard more than anybody else to stay working there.
Speaker 2: You're great, Dad, Nah, thank you.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 15: I had a scripted plan. Every time he said groundhog, I'd do ten calf raises. I had a routine in the toilet. I'd have to sit on the edge of my seat. I couldn't get comfortable. I chose to not eat the popcorn. There's still two popcorns. I stared at them. So it was a mental battle for me. I knew I could do it if I could just stay on top of it, but it was tough. I was delirious in the I was looking at the carpet and seeing sharks and oh my god, experience. One of the brothers was doing the same thing. You thought I had tatoos on in the last hour and a half.
Speaker 3: Do you think do you think the kids understood what was going on? How much were you watching the live stream?
Speaker 13: We were watching it quite throughout the night, but Matilda thought she was going to come and watch the movie.
Speaker 3: We've done today. So well, the movie actually hasn't finished. If anyone wants to watch the sit down again.
Speaker 2: Hey, well done, Cam, Sleeping Beauty, well done.
Speaker 15: Thank you guys, appreciate appreciate you putting me into this competition.
Speaker 6: Was it was a good effort.
Speaker 3: By all the team.
Speaker 15: The staff worked long hours and it was an awesome effort by everything.
Speaker 4: All right, Jackie Boll we can't shore at the moment. I must have say well done to the eight remaining contestants. So we just learned from Shanny roller Coaster. There was Jackie Wreckett Ralph who in with broken ribs that would appear to be some sort of advantage, but she was deliberately twisting in ways that would hurt the broken ribs to stay a week.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you just.
Speaker 4: Heard from Dad Cameron's Sleeping Beauty, who up until this whole forty hour mouth would never survived making it through an entire movie without falling asleep. He's now done almost twenty nine viewings of the same movie back to back. The Insomniac aka baas shift worker who only sleeps three hours every night.
Speaker 2: He smashed it. He lived up to his name, The Insomniac.
Speaker 4: The Vet Cassandra still in there right now being reunited, who's used to working thirty six hour shifts. She steamed through this destiny we called it Kate, great mum who believes it was her destiny to win, and destiny came true. And then the two brothers taking each other on, hoping to beat each other one. I think it's the perfect end into actually what's been something where everyone came in as competitors' rivals, taking each other on, even the two brothers Ryan and Jamin, and then something really lovely happened. They all came together. They're all still hugging each other. Friendships are performed in the last strange forty eight hours. So thank you very much to everyone who's taken part in this and left messages and watched it online. I can see you all right now in your lovely comments as well. Keep this going. You can see the reunion right now, people talking to each other. What I'm surprised about is they're still in the flipping cinema. If that was me, I'm not hanging around in there.
Speaker 2: The prison doors are open, you can leave. They're all in there.
Speaker 4: Head to Facebook dot com, slash the Christian O'Connell Show and Chapel Street Precinct.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being great host for this. We've loved it.
Speaker 1: I hope you have the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, of what point do you ask them to give you that five hundred and eighty dollars for the tickets of each view. I'm going to wait untill nine, wait till the show's over. Then we're going at that. So just now I read out all the names of the eight people, the nicknames, but the real names as well, the people that survived the forty eight hour of your mouth, and I feel it's bad that I don't actually also say thank you to everyone that started it back Monday morning. That is PC Tony outwork right now for VIC Police, who's been an amazing competitor, and they're in great fun as well. Nurse Michelle, who left just in the early hours this morning, almost made it. Julie Andrews Shane quit at about two am and didn't even want to say goodbye or record anything. He just had enough. The double doors about there just took off, which I completely understand. Young schools, say, said youngest one in there, the nineteen year old, the first ago Joel a lovely lad. Gonna be We'll be watching his movies in the years to come. Danielle Yogi, the pilates in yoga instruts as well. Thank you very much, Matt blank Slake who cashed out yesterday to go and get free dinner for him and his wife, and would Chuck Steve who made it almost to the end. Thank you very much to everyone, all fifteen of you, because actually that's what we do with this show. It's about taking part. It's not about the winning or losing. It's the joy of taking part. We build the show with you guys, every single day, even if that is something as ludicrous as locking a load of you in a cinema for two days, two days and two nights, to be fair, making you watch the same movie over and over again. So this is for all the fifteen, not just the ones that made it at the end, but your PC Tony Nurse Michelle, Judy Andrews, Young School, Safez Yogi, Blank, Slake Wood, Chuck, Steve, all of you. Thank you very much for making us so entertaining. You are our heroes.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: The Chapel Street Precincts for letting us do this take over for the last two days and over the weekend as well arts, fashion, food and entertainment.
Speaker 2: You can make new memories at the Chapel Street Precinct.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, through all the stuff at Village Cinemas Gold Class Book your tickets now. I cannot recommend enough the movie Air. It's a great watch, feel good movie. Buy your tickets Village Cinemus dot com dot au. All right after eight o'clock, we want to know how your week is going so far. Just text it into me in six words. How do you tell me? Well, what's happened to your week so far?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Four seven, five three one four three right now? Then to see how final good goodbyes to all the families the eight athletes that were remaining at the end of the forty eight hour movie, mouth and chatposters down there. I'll watch it on the live stream, like hundreds of you, it looks like a party, Jackie boy.
Speaker 3: Christian is actually a really touching, beautiful atmosphere down here. It feels like we've bought all these contestants off the summit of Everest and nowhere is expecting to see them alive again. There's been tears, there's been hugging, but overwhelmingly they're are smiles and our contestants, and we watched them overnight on the stream as well, people who looked like they would never smile again and now smiling ear to ear. It's been a really beautiful day. But I think we've got to let them out of this cinema. Christian, is it time?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, why are they still hanging around there there? I'd be out. I need daylight my eyes.
Speaker 4: They have got Stockholm syndrome, And tell me this chat before you release them on that.
Speaker 2: Do you think they've enjoyed it? I hope they have.
Speaker 3: You know what, there's an overwhelming sense of this was a great, unique experience. They're proud of themselves, and I think when we panic coming in this morning, that we'd actually broken people and that you know, they may never repair themselves. But there's a sense, real sense of achievement down here, and it's lovely to see.
Speaker 4: All right, Jackie boy, let them know they can go out into the Sudson. Their eyes they're going to adjust very it's gonna be harsh getting out into the sunlight.
Speaker 3: Now, contestants and loved ones, Christian O'Connor wants to officially imagining and release you from the cinema. You're free to go.
Speaker 2: Freed them away to read them everyone.
Speaker 11: Well done the final eight.
Speaker 4: All right, hey, team that same time next year. But for seventy two hours that was too easy, Too easy, guys.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: How is your week so far? Tell me about it?
Speaker 4: Texted in in six words to four seven, five three, one oh four three For me, My six word week so far is buying woodies out of ice cream. My eighteen year old daughter came back from university somehow reluctantly. The only way we could get it from our new friends was needing medical intervention, and Tom selected me and she went into hospital yesterday. We pick her up later on this morning and yesterday. Obviously I'm known tonsels out when I was a teenager. Attack Andy, it's like broken glass afterwards, and my wife, bless her, she made her favorite dinner, thought I drop it off the hospital and it was this lovely past.
Speaker 2: As she likes. And obviously you've got no tonsels. Benny speak the last thing when he was trying that big old pastor going.
Speaker 4: Down your wind pipe. So my poor wife then comes back with the pastor and I want when I have that? And I go, what does she wants? She wants ice cream? We didn't have any, so I had to go out and I was trying to get hold of the front what flavors do you want some of this? And so I literally think I bought Hampton Woodies out of ice cream. Sorry if you're coming in there today to get yourself some, but no, it's going to an eighteen year old who's got a very sore throat right now. So yeah, we want to know the story of your week so far. Oh four seventy five three one oh four three In six words, Laura's is World War three work yesterday? Have you actually ever been in a work situation pantsy where someone has to get involved like ohs and bring people together to stop them finding to radio?
Speaker 2: Have you wt in radio?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Got not me?
Speaker 13: Personally, but I've seen it happen.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: I did remember years ago working in a sales team where three people had a stand up round in the office and we all had to be according to a room the next day for two hours some sort of mediation.
Speaker 2: Then they made us go out for an awkward lunch. Hardly.
Speaker 4: It was like a scene from the American Office Daggers. Everyone hates each other. I'm not makings up. Within two weeks three of the team had hand in the notice.
Speaker 2: Oh it was awful, which horrible.
Speaker 13: Some people just sometimes chemistry isn't right and some people are just not gonna get on.
Speaker 4: Christian, we bought a house this weekend. Congratulations, so now we finally after three months of looking, have our Saturday's back. No more auctions. Well done and congratulations to Mandy.
Speaker 2: I need to know more.
Speaker 4: The person that's texted me their six word week fell on my titanium ass yes to day. I know, I know you need a titanium knee or hit. I don't know now through medicare I can get a titanium.
Speaker 13: Ass like implants or something well in your.
Speaker 4: Buttons, your cocksix or I need to know more about your titanium backside. Please Christian. Someone else's text there, I need a new job. Well, let me know what you're looking for. I'll give you a free job.
Speaker 2: Plug.
Speaker 1: Okay, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jack, how would you describe your week so far?
Speaker 3: I will say, Manholk rocking our family car. We're selling Bianca's car at the moment, and this guy came to look at it yesterday and he scrutinized it like he was secret service and the president was going to drive a normal thing that we do.
Speaker 2: We just kicked the tires to go.
Speaker 3: He was up and under the engine, the bonnet looking at everything. Then, so he's asking me about also like the log I never keep that story. Has it got his full service history?
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know know.
Speaker 3: I bring it like shoved in the glove box is like a crinkled up piece of paper. I'm like, is this good enough?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 3: The last thing he does to check if the cars are right? Have you ever seen this? I don't even know what he's checking for. Is that's rocking the vehicles on the outside of it with all his it's rocking the vehicle and maybe to check for the suspension. I tell you a bizarre moment is standing in the suburban street watching a manholk with all his might rock your wife's car.
Speaker 2: So did you take it till? For the most just take it for a test, then you'll know.
Speaker 3: He took it for a drive. But after that was enough. When we got back is when the rocking started.
Speaker 2: Why why do you need to know if she had anything? I'm in a riot situation or something.
Speaker 3: Then walks to the front of the car and where the bonnet meets like just above the top of the wheel, puts two palms on there and pushing up.
Speaker 2: It's a second hand golf Yeah, it looks like he.
Speaker 3: Was giving it CPR.
Speaker 2: How long was he there?
Speaker 3: He's there maybe two hours all up.
Speaker 2: And he.
Speaker 3: Never heard of that because when the the drive we took, he took me on the freeway, I thought he was taking me home.
Speaker 2: It was like, oh, Jay, yeah, you're never coming back.
Speaker 3: Then at the end he was looking for to buy his daughter her first car, and then not for me.
Speaker 2: But didn't you want to say which bit out of your at point? Check? Is he like running Jim's car? Check? I tell it.
Speaker 4: When I bought my daughter a car, I literally kicked the tires, took it for a drive round the block. The guy Evin said, do you want to see it a freeway? I did this started first time, so.
Speaker 2: You need one of these. That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm done The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, what's happened You haven't pushed a phone number in the last hour? No, it's broken spices anyone? Notice, No, we don't even know what's happen with it. It ought to be fair. The engineers have worked. Actually, this radio station's engineers have worked really hard to get everything basically the station.
Speaker 2: All the gear at this station left.
Speaker 4: I think they stripped all the couple wire is out of the studio. It's down at the jam factory. We've got to get it back all right. Time for today's time waster, don't have me get a week Sunday Mother's Day Chemists Warehouse, Chemis Warehouse Mother's Day Fragrance cell is on now.
Speaker 2: The huge range of big round fragrances.
Speaker 4: At the lowest prices of course, up for grabs now a two hundred dollars Chemists.
Speaker 2: Warehouse voucher for the best sten show for your time wastter.
Speaker 4: Today, we're asking to put a celebrity in a movie.
Speaker 2: Put a celebrity in a movie.
Speaker 4: No country for Gary Oldman, Gold Ted Dancing with the Wolves, Kenny is Dancing with the Wolves Home Stallone Gold, I'd watched that movie.
Speaker 2: With someone that breaking and hurt still her Sistelone?
Speaker 3: Did I see Silfer Sistallone is remaking Guests Hanger?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Great, I love that movie, Honey, I shrunk the kid rock Gold.
Speaker 2: Oh my word, poor golds. Well I'll leave it there, Jackie. Why what have you got?
Speaker 3: Brilliant? I think this is something our forty eight hour movie marathon as might want to do. Kill Bill Murray.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, Gold plus plus plus plus plus plus plus. But someone actually said, get chat to us them. How funny they think Bill Murray.
Speaker 3: Is Now they all love the film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great movie.
Speaker 3: Honestly, they weren't. I thought they would hate the film and never wanted to watch it again. They were even saying they found deeper meaning in it.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, is that interesting? All right? What have you got that celebrity in a movie?
Speaker 3: Anthony Albanesi rider.
Speaker 2: No waiting to get that much elbow Uh.
Speaker 3: Bronze Horton, here's a who no ed Norton. Here's a who Gold and Throw Mama from the Shania Twain.
Speaker 2: Oh that's very good, very good, good pronunciation as well.
Speaker 1: God plus Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Time Wasted Today.
Speaker 4: We're asking about a celebrity in a movie up for grabs.
Speaker 2: Treat your mama right on Mother's Day a week Sunday.
Speaker 4: That's not the Chemists Warehouse the slogan that's my one, but you can have that Chemists Warehouse, Marko.
Speaker 2: And the team. It's free.
Speaker 4: Two hundred dollars Chemists Warehouse voucher for the best time waste of this morning. Put a celebrity in a movie lots and lots coming in, all right, let's get into them. Titanic, Nick Kuriosa, yeahrom.
Speaker 2: Amy, Max Gorne with the Wind. That's very good. Luke and Frankston, well done.
Speaker 4: Jeff Bridges of Madison County Shinsy are well done.
Speaker 2: Dwayne's World, Who's Drained the Rock?
Speaker 3: Johnson? Yeah, okay, Silver, I don't know many. There's a football commentator who does afternoons on thought.
Speaker 2: Ain't him is the afternoon guy in a movie? That's the time waste today? Dude wears Bill Murray.
Speaker 3: Bronze and Cooey ro.
Speaker 4: Jim Ow and g two Glass.
Speaker 2: That's so good.
Speaker 4: I wonder if he's called one of his shows that because he always tries basements. Now, what if he's the one Chitty Chitty Sampang.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's very good.
Speaker 4: Joe Jack Black to the Future, Silver, the Wizard of Ozzy Osborne Silver, Honey, I burned the meat Loaf Bronze. Yeah, we kend of Bill Murray's silver eminem for Murder Gold Harrison Ford versus for Gold plus weekend at dermisl Hey, it was.
Speaker 2: A different time.
Speaker 4: That's him, Danny uh Gladia torri Amos Silver. You tried, Steve, I know what you did last. Donna Summer Gold. That's so smarts to it? Throw a Donna from the train Gold plus Miss Daisy Dukes of Hazard and Bronze.
Speaker 2: All right, then who gets about you? Who is your best and show brilliant?
Speaker 3: I can't remember the but Jimo and Gie too.
Speaker 2: Yep, Steve, that's yours, well done.
Speaker 4: Last song for us this morning, we'll take you through everything that happened over the last forty eight hours in our movie mouth for next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: So the forty eight hour movie Mouthon is over. And I know we've been calling it the Christian O'Connell's movie mouth And for the last two weeks it's it's something we've been driving to see could we pull off this in cud All thing and get a load of you to actually give up.
Speaker 2: It really is a big part of your week.
Speaker 4: And everyone's got a job, everyone's got families, everyone's got commitments, and not everyone out of fifteen is going to walk away with twenty thousand or a share of it. Especially when you ask people, do you think you could actually stay in a cinema on your backside watching the same movie over and over again for forty eight hours.
Speaker 2: It's a huge ask, you know.
Speaker 4: And so many times we've asked you for stuff and you've always leapt to fill the gap, where this one was a really, really big ask. We generally didn't think that, actually, I thought of the weekend half of them were just actually over the weekend thing.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before we get six or seven people play out before they even got to the cinema.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then we genuinely didn't think when we saw how hard it was just after an hour the thought of watching any movie you loved, and grandle Days a great movie, but watching it, sitting back down and watch it again and then again for twenty nine times forget it. And so twenty four hours goes by and there's only two have dropped out, and then astonishingly we're at the end of it with them at forty eight hours, eight of them are stood in there. So it actually isn't it isn't it doesn't really belong to us. It actually belongs to all the fifteen that took part in this. And I mean when we say we make the show with you guys, hopefully you do see that every day. Well, that's a time waster, your stories, your calls, everything. We share our stories to get your stories. We make it together. And it's actually, it's not the Christian O'Connell forty eight our movie mouth, and it's Tony's, it's Michelle's, it's Shane's, it's Jarles, Daniella, Matt, Steve Jackie, Cameron, Shani Basz, Cassandra Quate and the two battling brothers who tried to take each other on but left remembering that they are actually brothers. At the end, Ryan and Over the last fourteen hours, it's been theirs. This belongs to them. How would listen to this? They came together at the end of this. They started it as rivals, We're trying to take each other on, and then something really beautiful happened at the end.
Speaker 2: They actually came together because we need each other.
Speaker 10: Monday, seven forty five am. Everybody is pumped.
Speaker 11: For the start.
Speaker 2: Say what.
Speaker 10: Seven hours in first sign of trouble from young Scorsese.
Speaker 6: I think I'll be out in the next movie.
Speaker 11: I think he did amazingly, but he was the first to go.
Speaker 5: I've left at fifteen hours and I made it through ten watchings.
Speaker 11: Yogi was the next to fall. I left sixty hell twenty three hours.
Speaker 10: PC Tony couldn't resist the tasty dangling carrot.
Speaker 5: If anyone would like to leave the cinema right now, you'll take home at two nights stay at the Lovely Como Hotel.
Speaker 6: PC Tony comes down. He's gonna ring the bell.
Speaker 2: My life would kill me if I didn't take that off.
Speaker 5: Way there, guys, you've all passed the twenty four hour.
Speaker 10: It didn't matter. A restaurant voucher was enough for blank Slate to tap out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's good enough for me. Oh wreck it.
Speaker 11: Ralph broke a rib last week, but it's helping her.
Speaker 5: If I stretched the right way, it does hurt, so it wakes me up a little bit.
Speaker 2: So it's a little strategy that I have been using.
Speaker 11: Sleeping beauty. His wife called in.
Speaker 8: He's done very well.
Speaker 2: I'm actually quite chocked if I had.
Speaker 3: Heard from my door only or to start a crying.
Speaker 2: Oh you're doing so well in their buddy twenty four hours ago.
Speaker 4: That's it spoken like a true wife breaking down in tears.
Speaker 10: Thirty hours. The insomniac is going strong.
Speaker 11: Me, you being insomniac is proving true.
Speaker 15: I'm definitely staying wide awake compared to the others that I see dozing off.
Speaker 10: Thirty six hours. The nurse, you did amazing, But Cyanara after twenty hours, Nope.
Speaker 11: You're delirious. It was thirty six hours.
Speaker 10: One am Julie Andrews had enough and didn't even say goodbye.
Speaker 11: Two am. Would Jack Steve got snoozy.
Speaker 1: I was there, I was in the zone and the next minute I was getting working on.
Speaker 10: After a very short forty eight hours, they got to the finish line day.
Speaker 4: One over Jack, Send the families in, Send the families in Jack going in, Go Go go.
Speaker 2: Empty water bottles have currently been throwing it in the air.
Speaker 4: Contestants who were rivals are high fiving each other, Families.
Speaker 11: Are running in. It's giving on. I'm going to churn up for his beauty.
Speaker 3: Moy you're freeom go freed him away.
Speaker 2: To welcome the final eight.
Speaker 4: The thing is they're still hanging out apparently. I've just heard in the lobby they're still chatting to each other. They're still at the cinema.
Speaker 3: I think that's what amazing. By the end of it, they worked as a team. They weren't rivals, they weren't competitors. They supported each other, and they got over the line as a group, even though it meant they had less share of the prize money each because more of them made it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it started for something on Monday, and they showed us something actually, So thank you very much to all the fifteen I've been part of this, and so many of you. Out of all the various things we've done in the almost last five years. This, strangely, I still have no idea why the most popular thing you've ever wanted in on to sit into a cinema for forty eight hours every day but night. There's a lot of emails coming in every hour the day over twenty four to seven. I'd wake up, there'd be a load more that'd come in overnight desperate to be in.
Speaker 2: So thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Well, whenever, whatever we ask you to do, and when you can join us in a new thing trying to find something out.
Speaker 2: You're always there for us.
Speaker 4: So I hope you really enjoyed doing it and also watching it. There's still hundred and three of you watching an empty cinema being clean. Honest, what were you doing? I mean, honestly, the producers of Koshi show turn it off. Just stick on the feed of an empty cinema. You'll get more of an audience doing that and half the price.
Speaker 2: All right, we are back.
Speaker 3: Two weeks time.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow by the wonders of radio. Oh yes, but and this is the this is the miracle of radio.
Speaker 3: How will you be in two places?
Speaker 4: I'm also going to be in Dublin Friday night watching my hero Bruce Springston. I'm going to be an island for a week and a half. But we'll also be on the radio for a week and a half and that's the power box of life. Sometimes two opposing things can be true. So I'll be back tomorrow, but I'll see you and Iland Friday.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast