Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Live from Santa's Grotto. This is the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, surrounded by Christmas lights and tinsel, Melbourn's.
Speaker 1: Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We are actually surrounded. It isn't an amazing Santa Squatto all. I'm I'm looking at it right now and just knowing how tight they are financially this company. How flammable? Do you think what we're surrounded by is? Are we in the most dangerous.
Speaker 3: Room in Melbourne right now?
Speaker 4: It's an insurance job. Yes, as soon as we finish on Friday, Yeah, get the money.
Speaker 3: Go accident happened?
Speaker 2: Did they get more of We're in the fire.
Speaker 3: Let's not go there. Let's not start the show with that darkness.
Speaker 2: Good morning, It's a Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Show number one one, eight Tuesday morning today.
Speaker 3: What you is going to have your life change?
Speaker 2: You're going to win a year's supply of mister Maaggie dumplings. At eight thirty yesterday it was one thousand dollars worth of vinyl Old school Vinyl or thanks to Chapel Street Morbid Prizes today thanks to Chapel Street in the Twelve Days of Christmas. An interesting email that came in over night since yesterday's show from one of our eagle eared listeners. Sometimes during the cume thrust of a show, stuff can happen that passes us by, and thank god we have sharp listeners out there who catch the stuff that falls between the cracks. And I'm just going to read the email out, Okaye, put me explain this. Just going to read this email out from our very eagle eared listener, Darren Rogers Christian catching up on yesterday's show. You missed another t bone from pass this one this one, but two minutes into the show yesterday you were talking about that lovely old lady who you have a snooze on your shoulder. Patsmid He heard all this and just simply said, was she dead?
Speaker 5: You'd have to check with you.
Speaker 2: There it is.
Speaker 3: It's another one.
Speaker 2: That's the older friend Natalie in the old fractured spine.
Speaker 3: Do you remember forgot the.
Speaker 2: Guy said she did? Always a sensationist Journalists thinking, oh is this the story here? For the six thirty headlines dead passenger, dead passenger in the air Pommy DJ says nothing.
Speaker 5: You've got blood on your hands.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much to Eagli listener to Aaron Rodgers. Coming up next on the show Melbourne, I have a challenge from the North of England to you here in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: As always, we'll always love getting your emails. We call it late to the party. You can email us about any topic you've heard us talking about on the show. No topic has ever fully rested on this breakfast show. Friday, I was checking showing the details about the amazing news stories that were international from Australia and it was actually Perth of that giant cow six or six two and a half, so big they weren't going to slaughter it. It was too big to get into the slaughterhouse. It was an amazing You've probably seen the photo buying out of this cow which is towering over them like a kind of hot air balloon. It looks like the big cow is going to little one. Stop laughing, guys, Okay, got ships like the cow.
Speaker 4: Version of when two kids go on each other's show in a trench coat.
Speaker 2: Antill mob used to do in the wacky races, you know, and stand on top of each other. So anyway, this guy's emailed me. A guy called Duncan has emailed me. Chrishn. I heard the show Friday and about the giant cow over in Perth, and you're right. When you see that photo, it cheers you up. What a time to be alive. I was telling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's right.
Speaker 2: I was telling my Brazilian wife about this and she seemed really uninterested in I probed for more details and she said, it's nothing. Have you heard about Brazilian giant chickens? Right, so you perhats. Have you got the email from me?
Speaker 5: No, but I've seen them online.
Speaker 2: I've sent this guy's video of these Brazilian giant chickens to you and Jack, because you can't get a better reaction from the first time you see this.
Speaker 3: Giant doesn't do it justice.
Speaker 2: Giant chicken coming out of some giant chicken house, all right, it actually looks like there's a guy in an outfit. It's so big. Okay, play it now, Jack.
Speaker 4: I'm hitting the YouTube link.
Speaker 2: Yeah, watch the size of that thing that comes out that chicken.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, they're giant.
Speaker 5: Yes, they're massive, aren't they.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it looks like it looks like a human.
Speaker 2: They're called Brahma chickens. Those are Brazilian giant chickens.
Speaker 4: It's real.
Speaker 5: Yes, I just thought it was fake. They're that massive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, I mean, Brazil's got many wonderful things as culture. They're not having people dressing up inside them.
Speaker 5: How do they get that big? They got feet like draft horses.
Speaker 2: It's just that they look like they've got like chaps or so think on their legs.
Speaker 4: That's why it looks like a human in a chicken. Sea is because no, and it looks like one of those Marionette puppets.
Speaker 2: It doesn't look right.
Speaker 5: So how did they get How did they get them that big?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Are they bred that way? I don't know whether it's natural, whether it's the sunshine or more sunshine over than Brazil, but they are.
Speaker 3: Hint, did you come.
Speaker 4: To Australia to get taller this summer?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put this up on our Facebook page and we'll put it up on Instagram as well.
Speaker 3: You need to.
Speaker 2: Honestly, you thought the giant cow last week was amazing. These giant chickens the first time you see it come out that house. It's amazing. The eggs. How big is the egg?
Speaker 3: Do you think they hatch out of?
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 5: Would be like the Golden goose eggs.
Speaker 4: Willy Wonka YouTube page, you know how they just click into the next video. Now I'm on ten abnormally large Dogs in the World.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: If you want to see these Brazilian giant chickens, and you do need them in your life, you just didn't realize it so far up on our Facebook page right now Facebook OC one o four three Your fine there they are huge.
Speaker 3: Well, but the video that it kicked on with the giant.
Speaker 4: Dogs ten abnormally large dogs in the world pretty big, but not like as big as the big chicken.
Speaker 2: I tell you who puff up more. You ever seen photos of big fat cats? Wow, there's some of those that are like pigs. Right, they are huge and that's that there the big old cat angry face as well. They're telling what I've actually got a toilet book just full of photos of like these big fact I mean, look.
Speaker 5: At that one, my god, hang on toilet book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you mean I like a downstairs toilet.
Speaker 2: You know. Sometimes you get those little books that you have in your downstairs toilet, and I've got comins one of them. As this these photos you can and everyone feling to press for things. You've got a couple of pays of that. Laughing at his cat, I feel a lot better about myself right now. They are huge. Why do they want they're eating humans, other cats anything? I mean, they're massive, aren't they? They just puff up really big. I think they can expand more cats than dogs can.
Speaker 4: But the funny thing is that the head is exactly the same it looks.
Speaker 2: Is it me or does it look like Marlon Branda and the Godfather or something?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 2: They just look like.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, So before I play the amazing theme tune too this new Christmas game Limited Edition?
Speaker 3: Do you want to take us through the science behind this?
Speaker 4: I will simply say the name of an actor or actress. You have to tell me if they've been in a Christmas movie?
Speaker 2: Love it?
Speaker 3: And what are we calling this game?
Speaker 4: First? It was called Christmas Movie or no Christmas movie yep.
Speaker 3: Then Patsy had a good one yep.
Speaker 4: Hers was Saint Flick yep, which I loved, and then it became Flick's Navy Dad.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 4: Flicks Navi Dud.
Speaker 7: Is this act of being in Christmas Field one of.
Speaker 2: The greatest Christmas songs ever?
Speaker 3: As well?
Speaker 2: This song the Last Navvy Dad.
Speaker 3: Took a bit of jump. Letn't it.
Speaker 2: Now? Martin the Butcher have been cutting stuff up the last twenty four hours, chopping buck in their mark. Alrighty, so have you got a demo version for me and Patsy to have a play?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: You ready?
Speaker 2: Yes? So do we need to have a Christmas item as a mouth buzzer each?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Perfect bar balls? Can I be ball balls?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: You can, Pat Tinsel, okay, I should say. Also, the movies are the source of the movie. Is his top one hundred Christmas movies on IMDb, the Internet Movie Database.
Speaker 2: The very fact that you've they've stretched out to one hundred means that some of these are going to be not streaking movie.
Speaker 4: When we were pitching the game Yesday, a little Gray Area is die Hard a Christmas Yesterday, IMDb says it is okay, cool, fair enough. Has this actor been in a Christmas movie.
Speaker 2: Bill Murray Bobbles, Yes, Scrooged remake you are. I'm off to the zoo. I just want a family pass and it's a close up encounterpass as well with my entire family friends at l supporters of Zoo's Victoria.
Speaker 3: All right, that's what's up for grabs to say.
Speaker 2: Family pass, to go to the zoo and have a close up family encounter, not with your family, with the animals.
Speaker 4: But hopefully not too close close enough.
Speaker 2: We're not too close, I think Karen ride is that the ones who you can ride the lions get a little sad on a stirrup as well. It's a one way ride in case you don't come back. It's all safe, all right, cooling, Now then to play Fleaks, Love Dad okay nine one four three nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: It's tell me I think Love actually was on over the weekend. You start to get the Christmas movies out, and Jack's come up with the brand new game testing out your Christmas movie knowledge, and we call it.
Speaker 4: Blacks nerve Dad, is this second have been in a Christmas field? Please?
Speaker 1: You are Christmas?
Speaker 3: Wake for the jump Christmas? Oh god, there it is?
Speaker 2: Alrighty, So Jack's going to read out and act to an actress. You got to say yes or no using a Christmas term as your mouth buzzer to play as meet today's contestants.
Speaker 3: First up this morning, we have Brook on the line.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Brook, Good morning, Good morning, Brook.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show. So what's your mouth buzzer going to be? One word?
Speaker 2: Santa?
Speaker 3: That's great, all right, Brook, good luck, justin.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning. You're going up against Santa. So what's your word going to be for your mouth buzzer?
Speaker 4: Bar star?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Bar star?
Speaker 3: Okay, good luck Star? Get confused?
Speaker 4: Sorry, justin?
Speaker 8: It's life and quick.
Speaker 2: Absolutely all right. So your quiz master.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll let you guys know as well. If you guess wrong, it's a point to the other person. People just buzzing in for fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't have any fun on this Okay, for.
Speaker 2: Fun on this show, we frown at fun. We showed the middle finger and go skip along to Fox of fun.
Speaker 4: Is this person in a Christmas film? Jessica Biel, Santa, Brook, you're already what's your answer?
Speaker 8: I'm going to say, yes.
Speaker 4: She's in. I'll be home for Christmas. You go one point up.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Meryl Streep.
Speaker 9: Tanta, Now you're start.
Speaker 2: That's a spare of Christmas. You're weak gifting, aren't you.
Speaker 4: Brook Santa, You're you're up for an answer.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 4: Meryl Streep is not in a Christmas.
Speaker 2: Away.
Speaker 4: With it well done, you need one more to secure the win and the zoo pass.
Speaker 2: Come on, start justin.
Speaker 4: Liam Neesonta.
Speaker 2: Brook Santa.
Speaker 5: Yes, love actually yeah?
Speaker 2: Whoa wait? Three now, world Santa, I think that just that makes sense. Santa March. You're off to the zoo a family party to have close up family encounters.
Speaker 10: Oh that's fantastic.
Speaker 8: My daughter is going to love that.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 3: Man'm glad you want Then how holds you? How holds your daughter?
Speaker 9: Two?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: And what's the favorite animal?
Speaker 11: Probably a lion, but we won't get close up with those.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: I do you guarantee one thing? You won't be up close.
Speaker 2: Anywhere near the lines. No, no, you'll get to a lion.
Speaker 3: It's the gift shop where you can borrow a little cudly high.
Speaker 12: All right, excellent, she can have one of those.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much. Listen, have a lovely Christmas, and we don't speak to you before the end of the show this week. All right, Chairs Brook, thank you, Bye bye Santa.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: It's the radio station with the Golden Ticket that we're going to be giving away this Friday on our last show of the year. The Golden Ticket, then is the big golden ticket where you get to go to all the great shows next year in town, not just live music. You get to go and see Harry Potter and the Curse Chart. This big Harry Potter play has been huge in the Western in England and in America as well. School of Rock, which is an amazing if you're looking for going. Honestly, if you look at stuff to do with the kids over the summer while they're off for weeks and weeks and weeks, go and turn the School of Rock. They will thank you. That is a great musical, isn't it.
Speaker 4: And then they'll probably pick up an instrument afterwards, because the kids in that music will play in their own instrument is cool? Isn't it really cool?
Speaker 2: Someone near them?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Emptying yourself.
Speaker 2: Come, it's Muriel's wedding, the Angels, the crand Prix, the tennis run in the middle of the Golden Ticket plug as well.
Speaker 3: The boss will be happy with you.
Speaker 2: It's Brian Adams, Phil Collins, the Eagles, the tennis melbum cut Carnival. You said the tennis, I'll bet good twice. You go see Federal next day, you go see Serena. Okay, don't quot me on that tho. It's not in the terms of condish as well. Bosses go out now now the boss is angry with me as well. Look, you've done bats so I featured all over by Mona Lisa of a link. I was doing that. They don't ticket. I came into the wrong goal to get the Golden ticket right pass. He screwed that up anyway. Listening out for the Golden Song. Every hour starts again ten o'clock with hugey. I've got it back under control, Hi, when I saved it now. I don't know if you've noticed something different about our work station area.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, there's Christmas decorations everywhere.
Speaker 2: It's better than that. So there are probably about twenty things we've been asking the engineers to fix that actually would make a difference, make a difference to things called the listeners. At least twenty things on a snagging guess. Have you seen what they've decided to do? They've ignored that list Have you seen what they've built out there in the last twenty four hours, Simon the guy, he's obviously a lot of our time doing that. He's built a large shelf. Has he come anywhere near the studio to do anything that the studio that needs an urgent need of repair? No, he's what passed that and built a form mate for Mike a shelf over there. But it's too big for what we need it for.
Speaker 4: Right, But the text system is still on the fridge.
Speaker 2: Struggle to eat the text that you send me. I have to log into something in Africa and call someone in India to read it out down the phone to me. But we know we've got a four mica kitchen top out there, but it's too big for what we need it for.
Speaker 3: All it needs to do is house a printer.
Speaker 2: Now there's an extra four foot so I'm thinking ride the voice of a guy. Right, there's a hole in the studio floor. There's a hole the studio floor. Your fee. You're broadcasting from some kind of crack box. Right with a hole in the floor.
Speaker 4: There's an area where we can't go in case we fall through.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's right under my chair, probably is. When I go in there.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at that four mica shelf out there.
Speaker 3: You've seen it.
Speaker 2: Check. It's a large area there. Do you know what I think would fit there? Slow cooker? You just describe a new average day.
Speaker 4: I'm listening.
Speaker 3: I get in, okay, about twenty past five.
Speaker 2: I start to chop up some vegetables, choppy chop chop, chuck in.
Speaker 3: Some lamb or some beef. I put the slow cooker on.
Speaker 2: No matter how bad the show is, we're all thinking, doesn't matter. We've got a nice casserole waiting for us at ten am.
Speaker 4: Even better. Pats gets in at three point thirty to start ringing around the weather person and stuff to build the news.
Speaker 3: Paused you there.
Speaker 2: She gets in early to start printing off stuff on the color printer kids stool projects that NASA one. There's still a load of ones where you didn't get the right logo or something that one.
Speaker 5: I'm quite proud of that one.
Speaker 2: There's the color pagination from my epsom brother printer. Sohnny Pats comes in and starts to cook it even.
Speaker 4: Just came in a half hour earlier, starts it all in.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that nice? You know, some kind of ragool or just some breeze or something. But a slow cooker out there next to the printer.
Speaker 4: All joke, deside, I would I'll put money in?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, all right, So shall we buy a show a slow.
Speaker 3: Cooker for the show?
Speaker 5: Definitely?
Speaker 2: Yes, great because I know Carl and Jackie. Oh they've got like a prisoner, a brister and a coffee machine. All I want is a slow cooker.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: On today's show. Then we'll have a festive special last five Topic Shuesday of the year, which might spin over to seven topics. Jack's been trying to help me get down the list. I've got the moment of a shortness of twelve topics for the Christmas edition of Topic Tuesday, so it's gonna be six or seven. There's some good ones in there we do that at half seven this morning. Before that, though, something about that guy by the way break into the pharmacy stuck in the old chimney breast perhaps told us about do you think when he's going how how? And they go, remember that is a little bit bunged up. They're trying to pass him up. Some of my drops and all of that. My eyes are stinging to are they dry eyes or are they my stye? Or it's city how We've got something for that as well.
Speaker 4: I can picture a pharmacy that has a chimney as well.
Speaker 3: I've opened some kind of.
Speaker 5: Chi house in some old shop.
Speaker 2: I'd say, right, okay. So perhaps you would have been born the time like me and Jack. You've probably come on the tail end of when we had to record things onto VHS video cassettes, and remember the tabs that used to have on there. You'd have to break off the same with the cassettes so that you couldn't be recorded over. But of course sometimes people could put some tape over that, or just forget to tape it over, and you'd have that spine of the video cassette would go, my tape, don't record over, and you had your own tapes to record your TV shows on, and no one was allowed.
Speaker 3: To record over those.
Speaker 2: But about people have got stories of when stuff got recorded over, like significant shows that you had taped, or it might have been a family christening or heaven forbid, some kind of wedding or a rare TV appearance.
Speaker 4: For us as kids, who was when we got desperate for no more blanket tapes?
Speaker 2: Yes, always cassette and screw that just called over it and and stuff of that. So one of those morning what got recorded over? What did you have on VHS? And those horror stories when you find out something got recorded over.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We're talking about a time of VHS video cassettes. That's the only thing we had to record any significant TV shows that were into and family events as well. And then he had the horror even though we'd label up that big old label down the spine of it, do not record over Chris's video cassettes with like exclamation marks and skull and crossbones on the side of it.
Speaker 4: And then as things did get recorded over it, you put a big market through Chris's recording and then in little pen you would try and find someone out of the bottom. Now, don't record over this, this is Jacks.
Speaker 2: What did you have recorded on videotape?
Speaker 4: Sadly, I lost one of my dad's football matches, and I don't know if he's got any more footage of it when he played football. But Green Day was performing on Recovery and I recorded over one of these football matches.
Speaker 2: What did you say?
Speaker 4: You can still see a bit of it, so you see the football ground and you see, you know, the team like setting up for the first bounds.
Speaker 2: But that's Tommy Bananas, who's our video director on the show. Is only going to be with us for a while before Hollywood, I think snaps him up. You've seen any the Bungalow videos that he filmed, and I think he's done in the last couple of since I started the show.
Speaker 3: It's him, It does it all.
Speaker 2: He's got a great story here about what got recorded over on your video.
Speaker 3: So tom what was it?
Speaker 13: What was your momm Just just before I was born, my mom was on Wheel of Fortune and she won the showcase at the end. What and just I remember watching it when I was really young. But it's somehow got taped over and we never found it again.
Speaker 2: What got recorded? What got put over?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: That could be more important.
Speaker 13: I think my dad recorded a morning of music videos from rage or something.
Speaker 2: Just getting his early morning rage on that. That's okay. Then what did what got recorded over? Nine four one four one four three. It's good the lines, Kelly, good morning, good morning, Good morning, Kelly. Welcome to the show. So what was it for you? What got taped over?
Speaker 11: My son's Christmas pageant where he played Joseph?
Speaker 2: What starring road cold starring role with Mary? And what got recorded over? What was on there?
Speaker 6: The news?
Speaker 2: Who did that?
Speaker 8: My dad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going to get a lot of this, isn't it. Dad's the old man.
Speaker 2: Why did he want to record the news? Oh?
Speaker 11: He used to like to watch it twice.
Speaker 3: I need to watch that back.
Speaker 2: JFK. Things looking a bit effie. They need some extra eyes. He's got hungry, very busy guys. In the next couple of days go into a deep search on this JFK news thing. He'd love to watch, so he would just record it and then play it back.
Speaker 12: Yeah, after he'd watched it already.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 3: I love that all right, Kelly. Thanks you kill me. I have a good day you too. Bye bye, it's going to Tracy.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 12: Oh, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 14: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 3: I hope you're well as well. Tracy. Thanks for asking.
Speaker 2: So what got taped over my son's ultrasound?
Speaker 12: I haven't been VHS. I was watching it earlier that day and I had it on and I just turned it off and that was fine.
Speaker 8: Everything was good.
Speaker 12: Later on, my son and my husband were playing on the ground and I noticed that the video had the red light I want to record, and the remote was on the ground they had played and rolled over the top of it and it started recording a random TV show I think even adds. I jumped onto it and it was recording. So I've got a ultrasound video and some ads just sort of randomly pop up.
Speaker 2: So easy to fire off that record button, wasn't it, you know, especially on the remote when they started.
Speaker 3: To come in.
Speaker 12: Thank you, no worries.
Speaker 2: Thanks christ Andrew Hallo, Andrew, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: What got recorded over?
Speaker 9: Very similar to the last chord no ultra sund but this one was.
Speaker 4: Were what we're having?
Speaker 10: We were having twins?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 9: And what pretty much went off her head.
Speaker 15: And bearing on and somehow then the track that tape got tape over because I was taking that tape for their twenty first let's show the kids.
Speaker 9: You know what the mother's first impression of them was.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 16: They never never got to do it.
Speaker 2: So do you think your wife knew what you were up to and accidentally on purpose recorded over that?
Speaker 10: Oh I suspect that very very strongly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I smell foul play here. That's incredible. So yeah, so you missed a moment. You found out you're going to have twins. How old are they now?
Speaker 16: Uh, there'll be nineteen next Australia day.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's incredible. All right and you danks you cool?
Speaker 16: Hey day and you all right?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 2: What got recorded over nine four one four one oh four three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three. Sometimes in the course of doing this job, you will see material that is not for broadcast. And I've just shared in this studio only to Chack and voice over Brian a week that's come through about a video cassette.
Speaker 3: I have to move on. I can't talk about it on air.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to, but I'm telling you now, there's a lot of questions about that. I can't stop thinking about it, can you?
Speaker 4: You can say the song at least drive by the cars. A lady found the soundtrack to something she found on a videotape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of her partner after something with an X, but the song playing in the background, He's gonna drive you home tonight.
Speaker 3: It's just too much.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let's move on. We're talking about VHS cassettes, not what you found on them. Are we ever able to do that phono one day? We'd have to pre record all the calls. We're talking about what got TV shows that got lost, or family events or whatever you had on your old school video cassettes and when someone recorded something over them at the moment that the most common culprit for this is a dad, our favorite one.
Speaker 3: We're just sort about a dad.
Speaker 2: Here recorded who likes who'd like to record the news so he could watch it real time and then play back the news.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 2: We should have phone in one day about things your dad did. Stephanie. Good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Stephanie. Welcome to the show. So tell us about your old school video cassettes What Got Lost.
Speaker 14: When I was about ten, my favorite movie was Rocky four.
Speaker 3: Great movie. That's the one with Ivan Drego, isn't.
Speaker 2: It It is?
Speaker 14: Yes, it's still my favorite movie now and I used to watch it about every day.
Speaker 12: I just used to get one and.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 14: And then one day I went to watch it and my dad had taped over it with air crash investigations.
Speaker 2: No way, you must have been heartbroken.
Speaker 14: I would have very devastated.
Speaker 2: Yes, air crash investigations.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 14: Dad loves airplanes and that kind of thing and just loved watching air crash investigations.
Speaker 2: He loves airplanes and tell it, he loves even Moore see them when they've crashed.
Speaker 4: Do you think there was part of him that was just trying to get you to stop watching it. If you're watching it every day, you look at your child.
Speaker 3: You understand.
Speaker 2: If you've seen this movie, it's got everything in there. It's an amazing movie.
Speaker 14: It is very good.
Speaker 2: It's a Have you seen Creed by the way?
Speaker 14: I saw Yes. I saw the new Creed on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Is it good? I'm going to see it on Thursday night. I can't wait.
Speaker 15: It's a little bit disappointing.
Speaker 14: After seeing After I was so excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Creed from two years ago. I thought it was fantastic, a really great movie.
Speaker 14: Yes, it wasn't as good as the first Creed and definitely not as good as Rocky.
Speaker 2: I was about to ask you that. That's my last question, all right, Stephanie Dancy car I love that. Take CAVI A good day by Uh, Sue and Bill. We've got double acts on the on the phone right now.
Speaker 3: I love this.
Speaker 2: Am I talking to Sue or Bill? Sue and Belly there.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we're here on the phone.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? This is a new thing we need to do now, couples on the show together. This is great. So good morning Bill, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 15: Sue, good morning.
Speaker 2: Let's right together. Good morning Sue and Bill.
Speaker 7: Good bye.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what are you calling up to tell us? Sue and Bill?
Speaker 10: Well, we had our wedding recorded and it was a really good video.
Speaker 16: And a few years later we were rushing out the door to go to a barbecue and it was the Sunday of Bethorst and I just grabbed any video and poked it in the machine and pressed record and we went off and went to a barbecue and was only later that day that I realized what I'd done.
Speaker 14: Well, we'll be ready to watch it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is amazing.
Speaker 2: You're finishing each other's sentences. This is so this is so beautiful. I love it. And what did you what did you record over? What was the new show?
Speaker 16: The new show was the nineteen ninety seven Bethist right wow racing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh dear, so that was he went down.
Speaker 2: I love the fact. Do you often do this, like make joint phone calls all the time? Do you know what? Please call up the show whenever you want. As Sue and Bill, I love this. Where are you on your way? Where are you on your way together?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 2: Do you work together?
Speaker 16: Or yeah, we're we're driving up to Winton to watch your friend do some matter.
Speaker 3: Racing brilliant stood into cars. That's the right, Bill?
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, yeah, absolutely, yeah, A big part of her life. And we're still married, so you know tick boat boxes.
Speaker 3: Oh that's great news, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Ninety seven Bathurst was a good worth.
Speaker 16: It absolutely Craig lambswet.
Speaker 3: Fantastic instant recall that.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, Sue and Bell. Hopefully we'll speak to you again before the end of the Friday is our last show this year, so make sure you tell you what Friday it's our last. All requests for Friday of the year, please call up and request a song together. We're going to need the title from Sue or Bill and then the artist from Sue or Bill.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we'll try and do that point.
Speaker 16: Thanks Christian, lovely, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Take care, sir and Bel. Bye bye, Sir and Bel. Everyone. Sue and Bed are leaving the show right now. One last called Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 16: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good, Jeff. I've just met Sue and Bill and Jeff what got recorded over?
Speaker 15: Well, my first day of school. I went to kindergarten and primary school with a girl whose father worked for Channel ten, and there was video of my mother taking me to my first day of school. And a few years later, my girlfriend who's now my wife, decided she needed to tape r before we went out, clunked in my first day of school video and recorded over it. When I went to show the first day of school to someone, they all I saw was the er thing, the worst part, one of the worst part, and it wasn't my wife's fault. Was that my mother had actually passed away a few years ago, and it was the last video I had of my mom. But as soon as she saw the R theme come up, she her hands just covered her mouth and she almost burst into tea. She realized what she had done.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, Jeff, what a story.
Speaker 15: It was a pretty pretty shattering it would.
Speaker 2: Be because she can't get any of that those memories back on.
Speaker 4: She would have known that, get right now.
Speaker 2: Who wouldn't have done that to Bell?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm a bit different.
Speaker 4: Alright, good episode of ya though, Joey. Come on, I don't know.
Speaker 15: I never watched it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great show anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to get I'm trying to bring Jeff back from the dark side.
Speaker 15: Come on, it was all good. I sort of. I got over it after a couple of days and we moved on and we've been married twelve years now.
Speaker 3: Well that's great.
Speaker 2: Well listen, Jeff, have yourself a lovely Christmas. Thanks for giving us a call, buddy, and you Christian, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I don't believen use resolutions, but I do believe in New year's goals. My goal next year for twenty nineteen is to get that band somehow to reform for the show.
Speaker 3: They go.
Speaker 2: I'm saying my intention now, I'm serious. I don't know how we're going to do it. I've got a year to work it out when we get back in twenty nineteen. But how amazing would it be for them to reunite, even it was just for a one off gig?
Speaker 4: So the guitarists just released his own it's.
Speaker 2: Good as well. Yeah, it's up on Spotify. All right, So five Topic Tuesday, right, we do this every Tuesday. I run five phone in topics at the same time. This shouldn't work according to radio wisdom from other pin headed people that run other radio stations, where they think that people listen to breakfast radio can't handle too much thought and it's you always train one thought per link. And years ago my old radio show, I used to do three topic Tuesday. When I got here, I'm with how great you were calling in the show and your stories, we uped it to five topic Tuesday today. The last one of the year is a Christmas special, not just that there's seven topics. We need some Christmas us. This is one of the greatest Christmas songs ever. Jose Feller canals. Did you get a triangle? For Friday's last show of this year? Playing on Live to this, I go on the end here, I mean.
Speaker 3: Subtle, all right.
Speaker 2: Then there's seven Christmas themes topics.
Speaker 3: They're away there. I play this as I'm boring the Bucks.
Speaker 2: Fizz on Christmas Day for one of my traditions, suicide do. This is the start of Christmas to thee. When I played this, the kids have all open their presents. The Bucks Fizz is on the go.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 7: What what are you boring?
Speaker 3: Bucks Fizz? Champagne and orange juice? You never heard of.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that was did you know that path? Yeah? Yeah, some obviously got culture orange and champagne juice.
Speaker 3: Oh it's lovely, try it all right.
Speaker 2: The seven topics for the Christmas edition of Seven Topic Tuesday looking for and finding hidden Christmas presents.
Speaker 3: Everyone did this, didn't even your mom and dad were out.
Speaker 2: You ransacked the house like some kind of FBI search team, pain stakenly like taking photos and where was that? That was their dad's thing? Was there. They know that we were been looking for it. What did you find when he went looking for a Christmas present? Have you got a story about being injured by a toy? Board game meltdowns? I'm expecting some amazing stories of this. Some of the worst family rounds are about board games over Christmas.
Speaker 3: Let's run a.
Speaker 2: Side bet of what we think about most common games.
Speaker 3: That Monopoly number one?
Speaker 4: Definitely. I haven't played Monopoly since I was fourteen because of the fight I got in with my brother.
Speaker 5: That's incredible.
Speaker 2: Was he the banker? Were you the banker? Or were no?
Speaker 4: A get too confusing? He I owed him money. He thought I had to mortgage the properties before I got into the debt. To him, I said I could mortgage the property to pay off the debt, and he didn't believe that.
Speaker 2: And it's incredible, wasn't it what I can see that the needles coming back in there? What a game though? It's a game about trying to financially ruin your family members and then build over their old homes. How screwed up when you think about is Monopoly? And we played with kids all right? So board game meltdown's really got an early one opening up here on the show. Your idea of a gift when you were a kid, oldest present you've still got.
Speaker 3: I've got a toy car, still got it with me.
Speaker 2: I saw it. I found it yesterday that I got my mum got me, Mom and dad got me when I was nine. I've still got it, not just that it's made it over the move over. Here'll good a bit you tomorrow. What's the oldest toy that you still own? Last two improvised gifts for unexpected visitors. Someone comes to any house, some born old neighbors and shock her. Oh god, they've got a gift for us. One of you has to go and excuse yourself to start wrapping something you can quickly improvise as a gift. I can't wait if we only get one of those stories, the next now be made up. And then your unique family Christmas Editions. We all have our own rules in our families. What's your unique family Christmas Edition? So the seven topics today are looking for on finding you Christmas presents? Injured by board game meltdowns. Jack's gone into the dark, so he's staring off. Got the old fountain yard ciphers? There your idea of a gift when you were a kid old at present, You've still got improvised gifts for unexpected visitors and unique family Christmas editions.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Powerful Sad Philly.
Speaker 2: No Doubt were the greatest breakup songs ever recorded. Happy Christmas, Dear list enough, please love that.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Christmas spec Show.
Speaker 2: In our last week with you, so we take a break. It's a Christmas special of five Tobit Tuesday expanded today to seven topics, all to do with the great theme of Christmas. Here they are well then looking for and finding the hidden Christmas presents. We all did this as kids went around the house trying to find the presence.
Speaker 3: What did you find?
Speaker 2: Toy injuries, board game meltdowns, some really bad family rows. I think of my wife and I played picture in Your First Date and I saw how she got with that game.
Speaker 3: Not married for twenty years.
Speaker 2: Beast your idea of a gift when you were a kid, old at present, You've still got to this day, improvised gifts for unexpected visitors. Now at ghastly moments, I boring ass neighbor down the road around the corner. Oh god, now do they turned out? They've got gift for us?
Speaker 3: What we're going to do?
Speaker 2: And your unique family Christmas traditions? Got anything on any of those? We love your calls. Nine four one four one oh four three Anthony, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good mate? So which one is calling.
Speaker 8: In about toys that injure you?
Speaker 2: Excellent? If you go where all yours? Anthony? Ah?
Speaker 8: Well, well, when I was about seven, my dad and my uncle they were building me a bike Christmas Eve, but they got quite drunk Christmas Day. You went to ride it handah, bars fell off, broke a tooth. Oh absolutely nightmare but yeah, yeah, good times.
Speaker 2: And does this come up a family get togethers now with a couple of drinks?
Speaker 8: Yeah, all the time, every year.
Speaker 2: Right, absolutely, Ange And that's a great one. You're saying a gold standard there calling in first with that one. Thank you, Thanks bye by Do you find it on sometimes when there's two of us pommies talking together, what happens? Well, it sometimes overrun? Yeah, all right, morning Hanson talking about the callers.
Speaker 3: George, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning mate, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good George, And which one are you calling in about.
Speaker 9: I'm calling in about I still have my locomotive on my first Christmas train set that I've got forty four years ago.
Speaker 2: That is incredible. Does it still work?
Speaker 9: No, the only thing that's left is a locomotive.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 9: But yeah, every now and then when I find it in the garage, I take it out. It used to blow smoke every time it used to go over the railways past the railway station.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 9: And I've made sure i'd have my face over the locomotive so i'd get a whiff of that smell. And it's just one of those smells that you know you'll never forget.
Speaker 2: That's why. Isn't it funny how certain smells like songs that take you back to exact time, exact exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So, George, when you take it out, now, do you still do that thing where you drive it around the desk or table that you took it out from.
Speaker 9: No, No, I just I just hold it in my hands and I'll just smell that smell. Let's see it from the from the stack.
Speaker 2: You know what we can do a smell this, give me a great dear George, We should do a thing about lost smells tomorrow on the Showman. My granddad right, used to smoke this pipe and it had such a foul smell. But I missed that smell. I'd love to smell that smell when the pipe tobacco. It's a really rare smell. Not many BBC these days, right, So I'm a pipe tobaco. But I remember the span of that was so distinctive. But yeah, lost smells.
Speaker 9: Can you imagine the memories that you will have flushing back if you get that smell right there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, It's incredible. George, thank you so much. You call remind us of that. That's a great story, My pleasure, Thank you, Thanks buddy. Anna, Yes hi, yes Anna.
Speaker 3: What's your story for us this morning?
Speaker 17: A new Christmas tradition?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what have you got? What do you do?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 17: About ten years ago, I got fed up with all the family being on their mobile devices and they got sick of board games. So I searched the Internet and got onto a quiz called Cahoots, and Cahoots allows you to create questions yourself or pinch other people's ideas, And the whole idea is that you send your players a code. They into their code on their mobile device and then they answer certain questions. So they could be Christmas questions, it could be Star Wars questions five to ten questions ten to twenty second.
Speaker 3: So you'll play on mobiles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a game not this is call I think called psych where you can play I play with the kids and you play. You play it on your phone, so you know they're still on their phones, but they're interacting with you, that's right.
Speaker 17: And they're all watching the TV as the question comes up, and you've got this gene seconds to answer, and after every question there's a leaderboard, and at the end of that particular quiz there's a bag of goodies that everybody puts her hand in. Not everyone, sorry, the winner puts her hand in and grabs a surprise gift.
Speaker 2: And that's called coats coots lovely. Don't you let us know about that one? Don't she kill Anna? Thanks?
Speaker 8: Bye, Sue, good morning.
Speaker 2: For a minute though she's kicked Bill out the car. Hey, it's a different so that it's all cool. Hey, Sue, Welcome to the show on seven Top It tues at the Christmas special, What have you got for us?
Speaker 10: Mate, Well, I still have my baby doll that I got for Christmas when I was three years old.
Speaker 8: I'll be fifty three next year.
Speaker 2: And she has survived many, many things.
Speaker 4: She survived having her body ripped in half when my sister and I had a fight over her.
Speaker 10: My my nana. My nana sewed her a new body because she had a soft body and plastic arms and legs and her plastic head.
Speaker 3: Who nanagy.
Speaker 8: My nana did.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and she's had new hair, new eyes. She's had a hard life, but she's still with me. She still sits in the corner.
Speaker 2: Of my bedroom. That's incredible. Probably looks a bit similar to our Patsy. She's got plastic head, doesn't she. All right, thanks not for your call, so no worries. All right, we'll take this to you the next half an hour, so you know the top is giving a call nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 3: Brilliant call so far this morning. Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We're getting a Christmas moved with our fire everything. Every Tuesday we do a five tip a Tuesday we run five phone is at the same time today, I couldn't willard down. I have done there from twelve to seven, all to do with Christmas.
Speaker 3: Here they are.
Speaker 2: Looking for and finding Christmas presents. What did your mom do to try? And to tell you and your brother?
Speaker 4: Mom had a spooky doll that she had from her childhood that she knew he hated.
Speaker 2: And no dolls are creepy than those old antique ones. It was also skill where they had genuine glass eyes where the eyeball used to blink. Yes, this is a wink all down like a lazy eye.
Speaker 4: When the doll was laying down, the eyes closed but on the halfway.
Speaker 3: And I was watching you like a crocodiles.
Speaker 2: I reckon.
Speaker 3: That's more chilling than even getting an alsatian or.
Speaker 2: A guard dog in your house is having a doll out the front there with that lazy, old blinky glass eye.
Speaker 4: Mom would put the doll, put their presence in the back of the bedroom, behind the drive, and then the doll in front as like a secret the guard dole.
Speaker 2: This sounds like a horror movie. Stephen kings the guard dole. Anyway, looking for finding presents, toy injuries, board game meltdowns. Now I want some more calls on this. Okay, we've got another twenty minutes. I want details.
Speaker 3: What were the.
Speaker 2: Board games and the protagonist who had this? Normally two out of the family that just fall out and it's there. It's a scar that opens up for years. Jack started reminiscing, went down a dark place about you and your brother when you were fourteen. You're not played the board game together since I've.
Speaker 4: Never played Monopoly since fourteen years old.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Your idea of a gift when you're a kid, oldest present you've still got to this day. Improvised gifts for unexpected visitors bearing gifts for you and unique Christmas traditions nine four four one four three. Kathy, Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 16: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm going to Kathy, welcome to the show. What have you got for us?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 18: So I have my giant panda that I received for a Christmas present of my sister when I was one.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's great.
Speaker 2: What's the state of the panda?
Speaker 3: Is it looking a bit knackered?
Speaker 19: Well for a pint in every years.
Speaker 18: He lived as a hermit in the old caravan, so he could do with a good wash. However, I've taken him to dry cleaners. And his head is too big to fit in any industrial machine.
Speaker 2: Get one of those bigs.
Speaker 19: No, he won't go in there.
Speaker 18: And I've tried even a carpet cleaners can.
Speaker 2: Do you think there's a dry cleaner that could be listening right now that we could take the panda in for you? Well, I've tried.
Speaker 19: I've taken him in like he's four foot high and his head probably he felt my arm with he's like covering a big teddy bear and his head. And but it was interesting. I brought him down with me when I moved to Well then, so I had him stepped in the front seat driving down in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: That would have amazed if you look opposite the car driving past us. Give it huber pol with a panda. That that's great, Kathy, very funny. Thanks for calling him.
Speaker 4: Mate my pray hair chairs.
Speaker 10: Debra, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 8: How are you all with great.
Speaker 2: Debra, tell us about your unique family Christmas tradition then, oh, well, it's.
Speaker 10: A fifty eight year family tradition. We all have strict instructions. We have to be at a certain place at eleven o'clock and Sanda comes and gives out all our presence is about twenty of us and then once Sada goes, we all roll up the paper and throw them into the ceiling fans. Then we all just appear and you'll be oldies have to collect it all will clean up.
Speaker 2: That's great. So do you go around each other's houses? Do you take it in turns as it will come around your Yeah, well.
Speaker 10: We did have it at my month for forty years. Traditionally there needs to be about forty others and now my sisters and I we share it.
Speaker 8: We rotate, but we've still kept up.
Speaker 4: An addition, and.
Speaker 2: When did it come in about chucking the old wrap and paper up into the ceiling fan?
Speaker 3: Was it always that?
Speaker 11: I know when ceiling sins comes come into fashion?
Speaker 9: Probably what?
Speaker 8: Probably where?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah yeah, So it's a.
Speaker 9: Lot of fun for us.
Speaker 10: I don't know, we're all older now, but yeah, but it's not Christmas or as we do all that.
Speaker 3: That's great. I'mporting to keep these traditions going. Debor, thanks you coming.
Speaker 2: Thank you and Kimbedy Yes hi, Keimmedy.
Speaker 3: You've got a family tradition. What's yours?
Speaker 11: I do every year for the past few years with my mum in New South Wales. I send her the advent Calendar of Awful Presence via SNF.
Speaker 2: So, how do you mean? How does that? How does that work?
Speaker 11: Every morning for the whole month of December up until Christmas Day, I send her a picture message of an absolutely horrendous Christmas gift.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see, it's like an SMS texting adventure.
Speaker 4: And then what's an example of a pitchure you might send?
Speaker 11: Today's was a lamp in the shape of a banana with the skinniest gold leaf.
Speaker 3: Have you got to find these images yourself?
Speaker 11: I started in October trying to find them.
Speaker 2: It's an intense tradition, isn't it. It's a lot of groundwork that goes in.
Speaker 3: Kimberly.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but Mum then goes to Rotary and shares them with all of everyone at Rotary.
Speaker 2: Oh blessed them. Get a little chuckle out the old Rotary ladies. Oh yeah, all right, Kimberly, there's you go, no problem by the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Christmas and or the Christmas Present stories for Shirt. So this morning, there's.
Speaker 2: No better feeling in your whole life than looking forward to Christmas when you were a kid.
Speaker 3: Just start for me about.
Speaker 2: September, just the anticipation of it all and not even leaving clues with the parents, just tan them, begging, promising that you've cleaned your beds and all the stuff, the chores you do. If you just got that one magic gift and you actually thought it would change your life, you become a powerful person just by getting that gift, and then that Christmas Eve. We had a rule in our house. You want how to get up and wake up mom and dad until seven am? Did you have a similar kind of rule.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were allowed to wake up, but presidents weren't allowed to be open till again seven am. So we would sit down there with like five thirty.
Speaker 2: You just can't see you feel sick with excitement. What's the rule in your house about when you open up the preses?
Speaker 5: For me, we didn't have one. We were always up. It was still dark, probably about five five point thirty, and we'd be into it.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, just feral.
Speaker 5: Like rabbit dogs walking dead. Mum and daddould be up as well. We'd all be up. The whole house was up.
Speaker 4: We had a rule so that if any of our siblings were asleep. You had to wait until they woke up, and I wasn't allowed to go and wake the most. So if anyone slept in a bit longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now we have ruled that and the kids aren't allowed to come until seven am. And when they come in at seven am, right they come. They almost kicked the door off that seven o'clock. I remember last year I did this thing, right, some of you might want to do this. I read about it in an article. All the presents were downstairs under the tree. Obviously, right, we all go downstairs and stuff like that. And what I've done is the not before Christmas Eve, before go to bed, I'd got a load of Christmas.
Speaker 3: Wrapping paper and the doorway to the front room I.
Speaker 2: Bit over the whole thing, so they had to rip their way through that to go in there.
Speaker 4: It's like a football team running through there.
Speaker 2: You go, Yeah, you had to get your badness here. You already do it. But yeah, there's nothing. But what was the best Christmas to.
Speaker 3: You ever had? For me?
Speaker 2: Was my BMX pike when I was twelve. That was it for me, my whole life, Pete. Then the rest of it's been a bit of a disappointments.
Speaker 4: Mine is the inspected Gadget doll I got as a child, which I sadly broke as I was taking out of the packaging because I didn't I was too impatient to untwist the little tires that were holding him to the box. So he still was a perfect doll. But his next didn't elevate how Inspector Gadget's neck was meant to.
Speaker 3: Tears and Christmas, Davey, what was it for you? Perhaps?
Speaker 5: Was it my gin bottle baby alive doll which I shoved mashed banana and potato down her neck and she went moldy by about Boxing day?
Speaker 2: What would you do? Well?
Speaker 5: She came with food and I'd run out of you know, pretend dull food is what is baby alive?
Speaker 4: Like baby Beyorn?
Speaker 2: Yes, I think it's what of Peratsy's news head lies dreaming at baby Alive?
Speaker 4: Baby stolen in the area.
Speaker 5: It was like this seventies version of baby beyond the original. Yes, And she used to boop and we you'd feed her and then she'd sit on the potty and do her business.
Speaker 4: Well, wait, so you would shove banana down her throat and then what would come out there?
Speaker 5: Nothing? Because it was stuck half way down a windpipe?
Speaker 2: Okay, so how was she pu and we what would she get those effects from?
Speaker 5: I don't know, you just put it down. I think it comes in one hole and out the other.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, what a strange time to get a kid those sort of life like what was it called?
Speaker 5: Baby, Baby alive anything?
Speaker 1: It's a Christian O'Connell breakfast show gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Don't go over that.
Speaker 2: This seven year old kid means bless him, good on him, sweet little little kid. Twenty two million dollars a year though, just reviewing toys on his YouTube channel twenty nine twenty nine. It's twenty nine, is that right? Perhaps twenty nine minute to look here?
Speaker 5: Twenty nine point eight million dollars.
Speaker 2: Let's call it thirty thirty million dollars.
Speaker 3: I mean Eddie earns that in six months. But fair enough.
Speaker 2: He's getting up early. He's the president that's called he's gonna pocket that kind of coin.
Speaker 4: That's I wish i'd a been in here to see Christian spit the dummy during that song about this kid. Now he wants to find out channel NO.
Speaker 2: I said to I said, just said to Jacks, and I need to start winding this in and start pushing up the YouTube channel. It's just basically people like trying on shoes and go, I love this shoe, and then people are like giving it a thumbs up. And the four million he's got just seeing him, it's just reviewing some toy in a swimming pool.
Speaker 5: Three million views, He's got seventeen million followers.
Speaker 2: It's just a cute little kid reviewing toys. I mean. And also, Pats, you imagine get thirteen million at the age of seven.
Speaker 3: How does that not screw you up?
Speaker 2: All these childhood actors and actresses, they all end up getting screwed up.
Speaker 5: Me good parents, wouldn't you.
Speaker 2: It's not just that I'm not being funny, right, What would you be like if that kid was at your school?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Wedgeez every single I like.
Speaker 4: Your more friends. You know, Ryan, I never we really knew.
Speaker 2: Yeah all that Flake guys, Yes, Hi, I love you guys.
Speaker 4: Ryan Mean, Chris Kringle.
Speaker 2: Ferrari All right, then, time fur. We're doing the Twelve Days of Christmas. Thanks to Chapel Street, We've got giving away over twelve thousand dollars worth of gifts. Yesterday it was the old school Vinyl thousand bucks worth of old school vinyl. Today, Dannam and I, we're giving one of you one thousand dollars worth of dumplings from mister in Windsor Cocktails in Christmas shopping only on Chapel Street, South Yarra, Windsor and Bryan. So lots of big prizes have been given away so far. The best way for us to recap all the winners so far on day nine is to have Jack sing them back. You ready, Yes, you're gonna do it.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's Christen o'conlls twel days of Christmas.
Speaker 4: On the ninth day of Christmas, Christian gave to you year's worth of dumplings yesterday Shaneie one old school Vinyl andrew In Firm one thousand dollar but Kevin Caroline Springs years worth of ice cream. Rachel n Crembine Cad Theater ticket. Alana from Linbrook's got herself some pizza Penny from Colfield One Specialty Cakes. Danny L in Brighton seeing my voucher Andy from one free Burgers for a whole year.
Speaker 2: Lucky Machine. Now every morning is smashing it alrighty, So today's big price and year supply of dumplings for mister Miyagi.
Speaker 3: You absolutely love that.
Speaker 4: This is a great restaurant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing prize, the weather doing it. Then it's about Blake Clip now Santa obviously to begin his long trip from the North Pond on all the kids here in Australia.
Speaker 3: He's already set off.
Speaker 2: He's actually flying right now and we can go live to his sleigh. And he loves to listen to singing on two songs in the radio. You just got to work out what the song is he's singing to on his enslay car radio. Here it is today.
Speaker 20: Why would I even bother listening to this before?
Speaker 2: Seven four three?
Speaker 20: I love this song? Yes, this is the best fit you you.
Speaker 7: You you new new new new.
Speaker 2: Bloody.
Speaker 20: Hell, it's cold up here, see you little buggers. Keep the fire going and tell missus Claus I'll be home as soon as oh god.
Speaker 2: All right, what do you think the song was?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 2: How do you think they're going to mister Maggie is going to divvy up these ye years supply of dumplings one a day. Now you get a monkey give batch. It's like counted out, like thirty one. You know, he goes sell the munches like most of February. It's not that and he's got like that, or.
Speaker 4: That'd be a terrible price to win, because every day, if you wanted a dumpling, you're going to drive down there find a pack.
Speaker 2: Or does he send you a month for the allowance? So he's like, who's at the door. Maggie's at the door, you know, and they go, here's here's Rebery. Okay, see you March looking forward to September, big long month.
Speaker 4: Or if you want to get them all at once, does he go no, I think that's just it's too much dumplings. If you rock up to mister Mayaggie and sit down and go give them all to me.
Speaker 2: Now, I want twenty nineteen s dumplings. Now, Maggie's going to go, no, come back, I'll give you a month at a time. I want to think it's too much, Maaggie dumps control. Yeah, all right, you ready to sing back all the prizes? So ready? Nineteen point two dumplings per week?
Speaker 4: That point two? Does he carve that up himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's its cut, right. Excuse me, thought all the dumplings you wanted to sing back all the winners we've had so far.
Speaker 3: Yep, nate it.
Speaker 7: It's Christen o'connells Tall Days of Christmas.
Speaker 4: On the ninth day of Christmas, Christian gave to you year's worth of dumplings yesterday, shiney one old school Vinyl Andrew inverth one thousand dollars beer, Give Caroline Frees, Ratchel and Kremlin card theater tickets. Saved Alana from Linbrook's. Got I saw some pizza Penny from Carfield one Specialty Cakes, Danny Ellen Brighton sin and a voucher Andy from Mendo one free burgers for a whole year.
Speaker 3: Well saved, Well saved.
Speaker 2: He poured out the nose dive there. I'm gonna make sure that the team speed up the music from the rest of this week.
Speaker 4: It's already speedy.
Speaker 3: No, it could go a lot quicker.
Speaker 2: You've nailed it.
Speaker 4: Now you've got to start doing in the studio. You do this tripping motion as if I'm tripping and falling down the hill, and I can see that in my peripheral I hope he's.
Speaker 2: Not putting off. What I'm acting out is what I don't want to happen here. I'm demonstrated, i'd be carefully you don't whoo alrighty, So you're listening out for a song every day that Santacaus is listening to on his in sleigh car radio.
Speaker 3: Here's today's.
Speaker 20: Why would I even bother listening to this before seven.
Speaker 2: Four point three?
Speaker 7: I love this song? Yes, this is the best.
Speaker 2: Bitch you.
Speaker 20: Bloody hell. It's cold up here, you little buggers. Keep the fire going and tell missus Klaus. I'll be home as soon as I can.
Speaker 2: All right, Catherine, what's so on?
Speaker 3: Do you think it is?
Speaker 11: I think it's the Rolling Stones.
Speaker 2: Can't get no satisfaction, Catherine.
Speaker 3: It's a good guess, but it's not the right answer.
Speaker 4: Sorry, thanks, Kristin.
Speaker 2: Okay, No dumplings for you this year, Scott, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 10: I'll think it's Bahami rapsy by Queen.
Speaker 2: No dumplings so, mister Maggie, from you this year are the Sorry Scottie, let's try Stewart and Crowning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Stuart.
Speaker 9: How are we doing pretty good?
Speaker 2: How excited do you think you are close to getting the damplings.
Speaker 8: I can't wait, man, I love dumplings.
Speaker 9: I reckon it's gotta be November Rain by Gumdon Roses.
Speaker 7: You you you you you.
Speaker 8: New, let's go on.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is the right one. Well done mate, Yeah, it's November rain. You get the year's supply of dumplings. Well please let please let us know how mister Maaggi devises up. Okay, when you find out the details, absolutely all right. And if you get any, if you get too many, please remember us here in Richmond.
Speaker 3: All right, we'd love some of those, Thank you very.
Speaker 2: Much, Stuart and Joy. Tomorrow morning. Another big prize. You get to stay in the penthouse at the Cunon. That's up for Grass tomorrow morning. All thanks to chapple Street.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, today's at work time, wast stuff.
Speaker 4: You're meant to talk much earlier than that.
Speaker 2: Music, because I was just just fine chuning my thoughts and words for this link here for the days at work time, wasttuff.
Speaker 4: If you if you need how, I've got extras.
Speaker 2: Okay, Today is International Cheetahday. What a beautiful animal, the fastest animal lot on planet Earth. The Cheetah International cheat to Day is celebrated by the atwork time Westill with make a movie faster? Have you got on with yours?
Speaker 3: This morning?
Speaker 4: Is the cheer of the fastest animal? Or is the falcon? I think cheat is the fastest.
Speaker 2: The falcon's only the fastest if it's on the back of the cheetah and they're working in tandem. All right, then I've got to make a movie faster. I've got gone in thirty seconds.
Speaker 4: I have gone in six seconds.
Speaker 2: But mine's heart, it's you know, it's double the speed, isn't it? My gun from sixty to thirty? Actually a little bit smarter? Mine's tim Well, all right, I'm changing mind then, all.
Speaker 3: Right, gone in zero point three seconds?
Speaker 2: So quick?
Speaker 7: Gold?
Speaker 16: All right?
Speaker 3: What about this gone? It's gone? Where are they?
Speaker 2: I thought they were going to leave sixty seconds time? No, they've just gone. My left foot's down. What my left foot's down? In the movie?
Speaker 3: My left foot? Yeah, my left foots down like he's gunning it.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, your left foots is the breaking foot, not this car is the left foot?
Speaker 2: What's actually talking? Left foot? Left foot work?
Speaker 4: You right on the tolerator, yeah, left foot's down, Yeah, and the break yes, okay, what.
Speaker 2: About this one?
Speaker 4: What's left for doing?
Speaker 2: Cheetah by the dozen? That's good, Cheeta by the dozen?
Speaker 3: All right, Then, for the second.
Speaker 2: Time in just under a week, I'm going to hit you with another one. I don't think I need to do anymore this year. Silence of the Lamborghinis. I'll get out of it. I saw you snooping around, come stealing from the boss, steal from the king. I was so get out of it. You stole that sixty second ones and how you're steal Silence of the Lamborghinis.
Speaker 4: I've only got one left now because I had gone in six seconds?
Speaker 6: And so.
Speaker 3: What have you got left?
Speaker 16: Ali?
Speaker 4: G force those Tom's as well?
Speaker 3: Came Jack has checked out for twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: You're just here for the doubling.
Speaker 4: I would have been carried out of the studio in a good way.
Speaker 2: Back every day, all right? Send us your faster movies text into oh four seven five O three one oh.
Speaker 1: Four three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Welcome to today's time waster on International Cheetah day, the fastest animal on the planet.
Speaker 3: We're asking you this morning for You're faster movies.
Speaker 2: You're in it to mark. Yes, and we've got a great bonus prize as well this morning.
Speaker 4: Village Gold Class passes double A double Yes, that's a question. Sorry, it's a double Yes, confirm.
Speaker 3: Nice Radio stations don't gonna give a pair of tickets.
Speaker 4: It would be sad if we just yeah, well, well, who's.
Speaker 2: Going with you now? They can't get it, not in the station, all right. Grease Lightning that's what well, Grease the movie and Grease Lightning is a phrase. It makes you just think of Greece's Lightning, the song from the movie Grease. No points who drag racing Miss Daisy, that's funny. Gold Bohemian Rapid Sede.
Speaker 4: Oh that's I was trying to think of. I'm for rapid. That's a gold plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Word on Fiona really fast and furious, lazy, silver Dukes and Croyn and cooled out there for laziness, top gunning it civil plus die faster, civil plus car older, the girl on the bullet train.
Speaker 4: Oh that's good Gold.
Speaker 2: Same guy you sacked off for being lazy, He's come back with that.
Speaker 4: Good to see you improved yourself current.
Speaker 2: Stick approach on this show. My friend, when Harry met The Speed of Sound.
Speaker 4: Gold, I love this one here as well.
Speaker 3: Harry Trotter is trotting, you know he needs a speed pick up the pacer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but not the fastest gallop that a horse can.
Speaker 3: Do now, Silver finding SPEEDO.
Speaker 4: Bronze.
Speaker 3: Luke listening illegally still up.
Speaker 2: In Nuso's usually better.
Speaker 4: Than that, Luke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the hills have darting eyes. Silver class marking still in Frankston South. I'm proud of it, dude. Where's my race car silver? Plus Scottie and Werriby How to Race Your Dragon silver in us?
Speaker 3: On my Nurallic and Croydon North?
Speaker 2: Who is getting the gold class vouchers thanks to Village Cinemas?
Speaker 4: Then Jack Bohemian Rapid City.
Speaker 3: There you go, Fiona and bry Here are you the winner?
Speaker 2: Well done.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connal Breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Mentioned this early on the show came in this morning and there are about ten to twenty items that need to be repaired in the studio. There's even a gaping hole here, which to me a nervous pommy. I'm wide that some kind of snake could easily come up here and get me. However, none of that has been fixed. One of the engineers has used this time instead to go into our little work area we have just outside the studio and build a for Mika table.
Speaker 4: It's a built in shelf.
Speaker 2: It's a shelf for the printer to go on. And I'll tell you what, it's abusifully constructed one. I appreciate the assembly. However, nafall used to doing the radio show, but I've seen that it's got quite a large spare bit next to our giant oversized printer. What is it we're running here, a publishers or something? What did it print that size? Is that for your daughter's homework? Isn't it coming in to use the color bridge? But guys, look at that space there right now and think if we had a show slow Cooker, I just think we'd be a lot happier on the show because we'd know after every show we've got a nice casserole ready.
Speaker 5: For us, healthy meal sift.
Speaker 2: We can prep it.
Speaker 3: Before the show.
Speaker 2: On the line now is someone who can help out this dream.
Speaker 3: We've got Glenn Good on in.
Speaker 2: Glenn, good morning, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good, Glenn.
Speaker 2: So we've got a call from your wife earlier on the show that said that, huh husband is asleep at the moment, but he works for Russell Hobbs.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 16: That was correct?
Speaker 6: I was actually in the shower, but I was awake. And what do you do for Russell Hobbs beyond the national business manager? So looking out for the key retailers.
Speaker 3: Can I just say something to you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think I've always thought Jack.
Speaker 2: What did I say the other day when I saw much slow cookers the ferrari of slow cookers? I said, was Russell Hobbs.
Speaker 4: You always say that almost every morning. I stopped saying you aready told me.
Speaker 2: Spend a bit too much now and I can't believe now you're calling the show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, Russell Hobbs's UK heredage, so yeah, would know the brand from over there.
Speaker 2: Of course. And Christmas coming up presents.
Speaker 6: Yeap fantastic presence for Christmas. Absolutely really the essential cooking appliance for every kitchen.
Speaker 2: We've reached a bit of an impasse here, haven't we.
Speaker 6: We should donate one to you a kitchen so you can have some beautiful, palty, nice warm dishes during work or after work, and it can just sit in the background and slow cook away while you showed up.
Speaker 2: Glen, I've just to.
Speaker 3: Do you want my pants?
Speaker 5: I dropped the bowl out of mine last week and busted it.
Speaker 2: Glen, Glen, is there any way we could have to?
Speaker 6: You can have two?
Speaker 4: I mean we weren't, Sorry Glenn, just a second, if we get one for the studio, one for you guys, and then.
Speaker 2: I've already got I've got to got slow cooker, all right?
Speaker 3: Do you need one?
Speaker 4: Three the bar?
Speaker 2: We're not getting another beer fifteen?
Speaker 3: Do you want one?
Speaker 4: I mean, Glenn, could I have one?
Speaker 8: Christian?
Speaker 6: I think they come in a pack of fours, So why don't we donate four?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Larry Christmas pants the prize for one of your listeners, we give one.
Speaker 2: Of them away, and that's the way. Should we we get three, they get one.
Speaker 4: That's why we've got fifteen to old drills.
Speaker 2: That is brilliant. Well, listen, Glenn, thank you very much, and please thank Russell and Hobbs when you next see the pair of them for all their great work in the slow cooker industry.
Speaker 3: And I hope you guys have a great Christmas.
Speaker 4: Serious question, Glenn, is Russell Hobbs the name of one person or is it two people's surnames put together?
Speaker 6: Two people's surnames put together?
Speaker 4: Jay Christian was right.
Speaker 2: It's when Russell met Hobbs. I've got an idea for slow and then the guy said cooker and they went, oh my god, pleas make it right.
Speaker 6: That's what was the slow one.
Speaker 2: It was a fad. All right, I've got someone like that on the show. All right, Glenn, thank you very much your kindness.
Speaker 6: Okay, no worries, Just in me one favor. Don't let Pad make Pad do all the cooking.
Speaker 5: Oh no, they're pretty good. The boys are pretty good.
Speaker 2: I've had a s cooker for years. They are amazing things. You don't have to be that good a chef.
Speaker 3: You just put all.
Speaker 2: On nice slow cooker does it for you. And of course the best one to get this Christmas, Russell Hobbs. You got it. Glenn, Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We are back tomorrow morning when you wake up, another big chance you to win a great prize thanks to Chapel Street in Twelve Days of Christmas. What are you guys all up to today? Actually I know the answer to that. I notice how you have to get yourself ahead of the next couple of hours. We are doing a lot of recording, aren't we. I mean, even though we're off this Friday. Please, if you think you're never going to hear from myself the next couple of weeks, rest assured, the bosses is recording just about every single word in the Ynglish language so they can cut it all up and put shows on even when we're not here or even when we die. Perhaps you put makeup on to try and give yourself in the food in the zion, to try and fake it all right. Title today's show is points off for having fun. Harky's up next, He's got the God Golden Song. Give you your chance to pick up to go into the draw for gold one oh four point three's Golden Ticket.
Speaker 1: Good Luck The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three