Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: Everyone walk in the Thursday.
Speaker 3: Hi, Laurie, I minch.
Speaker 4: I mean it's still without our beautiful bread who's banging Hawaiian the African Jungle with.
Speaker 3: I'm deslever to get me out of here.
Speaker 2: She is she is? Yeah, I mean listen, I want to I do want to do more. I mean I want, I want my baby, you want, I want bretty bag. But you know, you and I've had a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: We've had a lot of fun. It is coming to the end soon, but it's not there yet. That's why don't you list three points where it's just been you and I in the last month. It's been really fun just you and me. Surely this is me and me having to blow a thing out of your nose.
Speaker 3: Were pretty much made out on this show.
Speaker 2: That that's one. I'm happy that.
Speaker 3: I'll take that, yep to what's okay?
Speaker 4: I feel as so. I have laughed at your jokes a lot. That's just a generic too.
Speaker 3: Funny. I mean, what else has happened far out me?
Speaker 2: One more positive from working with you?
Speaker 3: Give me one? You give me one?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, let me get the list out of my notes.
Speaker 4: App Okay, I get to be with you every day. Our friendship has grown deeper.
Speaker 2: It has. We've had more phone calls than ever. We connected under your coffee order. I know you're a soy cap. I didn't realize that you did.
Speaker 3: You've worked with me for two years. Now, what do you mean you didn't know they had to get you a coffee?
Speaker 2: But now we're working so intimately together. I'm just saying, Britt not being here has brought us closer together, and I adore working with you.
Speaker 4: Your big Judd that was really she used to really picks so embarrassing. Anyway, We've had a great time. Britt will be back very soon. But in the meantime, guess who we do have coming on today's show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone that can give us an insight into what she's been like in the jungle.
Speaker 4: So carn On, he was just eliminated. He's the chef. He's from Master Chef, and I don't know how the guys are gonna survive now that they don't have a chef in the un That's so true.
Speaker 2: And Britt loves her food like she needs to.
Speaker 3: Eat, and she's also an absolutely terrible cook.
Speaker 2: So this is going to be our first insight as to what BRIT's being like in the jungle. We're gonna get carn On later in the show. Next though, we've got an ask gun cut for a Thursday therapy Thursdays.
Speaker 3: Let's get started, let's go. It's time for a show favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So asking a cut is something that we do every Thursday. It's where we answer you're deep, you're dark, you're burning questions and you know it gives you give you a chance to get some free therapy from two people who are completely unqualified.
Speaker 2: Oh, I go to therapy.
Speaker 3: It doesn't make you qualified to give it, but at least.
Speaker 2: I can like just copy regurgitate some of the tactics.
Speaker 3: So you say, like, how does that make you feel?
Speaker 2: Totally? And that? Oh all right?
Speaker 4: Well for some great advice like that. We have Angelique on the phone today. Angelique has just had a baby. She's got a four month of baby wow, and she has some questions around confidence and postpartum.
Speaker 3: Angelique, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: How are you good?
Speaker 2: Right, give us all the information. Talk to us about when you had the baby and where your heads are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 5: So I've got two daughters now, My first one is just over two years and I had another beautiful daughter four months ago. Yeah mm hmmm, so going through it twice. But pretty much it's just tough. You know, you have a baby and you go through the nine months of pregnancy, and then you go through postpartum, which is even harder, and you're stuck with things like post part of acne and hair loss and it's hard to find your groove.
Speaker 6: Do you know?
Speaker 4: People don't talk about all the other crap that happens after you have a baby, Like, no one warns you that all your hair is going to fall out.
Speaker 3: There's so many things.
Speaker 4: And I think because every single person, like pregnancy does different things to them, that you kind of come across something new and you're like, oh, oh, pigmentation, that's part of pregnancy.
Speaker 2: Well sure, here's the thing. I hate to be ignorant. I mean, look, I don't have much advice for you as a twenty eight year old man, but I actually you could genuinely shed some light on what happens because I do not know what you get acne?
Speaker 6: Do you?
Speaker 3: There's so many things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's crazy because everyone always talks about or they give you advice about the baby and what life is like with a newborn baby, but you kind of forget there's a whole nother trimester. That's the fourth trimester to the baby, the first twelve weeks I think it is, and a lot of changes go on there, and it's hard to try to navigate life with your new little friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're struggling to what. I don't know, I guess bounce back in.
Speaker 3: The post part of me, I hate that word so much.
Speaker 2: No, that's why I said I don't want to give advice. I mean, is that not the right.
Speaker 4: Well, I just hate the idea that there is a bounce back. I don't think, okay, and I speak from my own experience. I don't think you ever get back to what you were before. It's a different version. I think if you ever have the mentality around it being a bounced back, then then you're doing yourself with disservice. How did you feel after you had the first one, Like, did you manage to get back to a place where you felt like you had that confidence or did you kind of roll from one situation and then it's kind of become worse with the second baby.
Speaker 5: There's an age gap there. But I also feel like for some reason, I've just kind of gone back to back, like it feels like I've just been pregnant for the past three years.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, Well hold on, Laurie, you've got two kids. How did you feel after giving birth to the first and the second? I mean, is this something that you can relate too?
Speaker 3: Awful?
Speaker 4: I felt like having kids and I still feel like I feel like having kids aged me ten years the pop, Like I look back on the version of who I was before having kids verse.
Speaker 3: Now, and I'm like, oh, they did a number of.
Speaker 2: In terms of what physically or as your personalities.
Speaker 4: Physically everything, and I think that I probably wasn't mentally prepared for how much of a sacrifice it is. But I guess that's why I feel so passionately about hating the whole bounce back thing, because I and I know that there would be people who would maybe look at me because I'm slim after having kids and go, oh, well, like, she looks all right for someone who's had two children. But things don't bounce back in the way that you kind of expect, I guess, or that you think. And I'm talking from everywhere from downstairs to the top of your head. Even before Mitch we were laughing and I was like, no, I've lost so much hair, and so Angelique, I like sympathize with you because I lost so much hair after having kids and it kind of never came back. But I guess for me, and maybe this might give you some solace, is like for me, it was learning to give myself a bit of grace and to like not have the same expectations that I had on myself before having kids as what I do now. And I think I don't view my body in the same way. I try and look at it in a way that I'm grateful for the two little humans that it managed to create.
Speaker 3: And yeah, you know, and I.
Speaker 4: Would hope that you have a supportive partner who never makes you feel as though your body or the way you look isn't the way that it should.
Speaker 3: You know, you've done so much, give yourself a break.
Speaker 4: You've just had a baby, coo ago, You're still in the absolute trenches of this, and yeah, it takes time to crawl out of those trenches.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think that's another thing, is that we're so busy trying to look after this little life that we forget to kind of look after ourselves.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we do prioritize for sure.
Speaker 2: Remember how powerful you are. You made a baby for God's sake. I can't make a baby if I would, I don't think I could, and I don't think I would. I don't think i'd know how. But happy for you and keep us up data please, we'd love to know how you.
Speaker 3: Go from Yeah, congratulations Angelique.
Speaker 5: Thanks guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: If you want to get some advice as well, you can hit us up on the Pickup dot com dot au or slide into the Pickup DMS. But in the next fifteen minutes here on the show, get this your chance to fly business class to Europe. That's just the truth.
Speaker 3: Also, what else do you get to do when you do it?
Speaker 2: Well, you get to go to Europe business class, You get to get off the plane and dine in some of the world's best restaurants hand selected by the Master.
Speaker 4: Chef judges just delicious. But you also get to go and listen to Ed Shearing a coleplay live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's ue. Just to top it off, and your chance to get all that and more in the next fifteen minutes on the Pickup.
Speaker 4: Now you might be missing Britt who has not been on the show for the last couple of weeks, and that's because she's been in the jungle.
Speaker 3: I'm a celebrity, get me out of here, but she's still not here on the show.
Speaker 4: To make up for it, we have another celebrity from the show, well correct, joining us right now.
Speaker 2: We feel we haven't spoken and we have. We didn't feel we haven't spoken to Britain like close to a month. So the only the nearest person to her is the wonderful celebrity chef. You're knowing from Master Chef, you're knowing from the jungle. It is karn On. He's joining us now, Hi, can't Hi?
Speaker 6: Cann Hey guys, how are you listen?
Speaker 2: Really good? We're really good. You sound peppy for someone who's who just got out of the jungle. Have you had a Barocca or something? Have they given you some carbohydrates?
Speaker 6: Mate? Three a bit weeks in there, like, would you not be happy to get out and get them coffee and get them food into your as well?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, totally no. I did be the first thing I run for. What was the first thing that you went for? That I give you a meal?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Production give you. Is it your favorite meal when you get eliminated? What did you have?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you get to ask you a real bit. Third, I had like a handful of like pinot eminem. I had a couple of coffee that had some souries, and then I got my meal, which was like a rebby with Jimmy Chieri of hot chips and a salad and that was absolutely to dieful.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, can I want to know? Watching the show and I've watch every episode like it's such a brilliant season. It feels like the cast genuinely like it's a bit of a love fast, like you all really love each other. Is there anyone in there that you're not you didn't really gel with or is it exactly like what we saw you all just actually BFFs inside the camp?
Speaker 6: Now, it's awful show. We hated each other, especially Britta and I. We were feeding the entire time.
Speaker 2: Good to know. Yeah, yeah, that's what we were wondering. To be honest with you, because it seems like you hated each other's guts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, no, to be honest, everyone go along really well, it was just like school camp where we're all just excited to be there to be silly and have fun with each other, and it's a great time to also get no new people that you probably would never run into in real life.
Speaker 4: I would love to know how is brit going in there, because we've seen little snippets of how she is. I mean, she did a disgusting food challenge the other night, but how is she actually going okay?
Speaker 6: So all she cared about love Ben and missing Ben and how much she wanted to see Ben and how much and how much time she wasn't spending with him, and the fact that she when she went at the jungle, she missed out on a little trip to see him. So there was a lot of ben chad. She took to it like a dust to water, like they looked like incredible. She was smashing all the challenges, all the trials entire way, and she's you know, she's massively talkenty, so she had great stories, she was inquisitive, she was listening to everyone, and she helped in the kitchen with me. So I was very happy to have her there.
Speaker 4: Conn how do you think they're going to go now that you're no longer in the jungle, Since you've been doing all the cooking and all the meal prep for the crew, Like, how do you think they're actually going to survive?
Speaker 6: Well, I spent every night with the new two chefs, and Ellie and Steven were really really into it, So I don't think they'll be fine because they were watching, they were asking me questions, so I think they know their style of cooking at because I kind of kept a pretty filar most nights where we would have like a stair fry right for some thought, and I would use like the off cuts from the vegetables to make the flavor love burns on of the offcuts to make flavors for the right. So I think they're going to be fine. Although I did watch a little bit when I left yesterday, took in the control room and the guy and Ellie were like, we have no idea how to make me Rik?
Speaker 3: Who do you think is actually going to win the show?
Speaker 6: For me? Sky is incredible with seeing her like just growth so much. She's so intelligent and so brave that brit is in with a real chance. Imbe She's going to hate that because she wants to take some time off to find he then, but she can pick the right until the end, so I think people just need to vote to make sure that she actually gets back at the end.
Speaker 2: All right, well there you go, carnlong everyone. It didn't win, but he's here on the pick up, which.
Speaker 3: Is a great bare.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like getting a highly commended, totally get a participation award at the end of the show.
Speaker 2: All right, well you can vote for our brit so she can win the thing on ten plate go ten votes per day and the votes will just get her that crown. It's what we need, all right. Next, if you have ordered anything from a bakery, or you've purchased something from a classic Australian bakery at any point this week, you might be five thousand dollars richer.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're gonna win a prize.
Speaker 2: Oh you might not even know you've won the prize. Yes, So if you shopped the baker, you're gonna want to hear what talking about after this on the pickup. Listen, if you're listening to this and you go, you know what, I'm going to pick the kids up. This is a classic Australian right of passage. You picked the kids up from school, You're go, I'm going to stop by a traditional bakehouse or a bakery. Going to get the kids a custerd tart and a scroll.
Speaker 3: No, my thing is get a finger bun. I love a finger bun.
Speaker 2: Kids love a bakery. It's like an ozzy thing to do. Well, let's fly over at Kansas where the owner.
Speaker 3: I'm gone on trip.
Speaker 2: No, we've gone. You've got the Custer tart. Now you going to Kansas. We're back in a bakery at Kansas. Great, we're the bakery owner in Kansas. Sis Monroe. She owns Sister's Sweets, Cookies and cafe, so she's doing quite a bit of this bakery. She is in a real distraught panic because she's been searching the kitchen high and low for her wedding ring. It's actually an engagement ring. It's quite gorgeous. Here's a photo. It's gold. You're as a jewelry designer, you can it's actually quite hideous to me.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be upset if I lost that.
Speaker 2: That's awful. Monroe says she hasn't gone a day without wearing it for nearly four decades.
Speaker 4: It does I was gonna say, looks like an antique. Correct, it looks like it's been worn for forty years.
Speaker 2: She's an old woman. She owns a cafe. It's gone missing. She's searched the bakery high and low, and what she's come to is that she's accidentally slipped it off while she's been making cookies in the bakery, and she's baked it and sold it into a cookie.
Speaker 4: That could come as a real oh and s hazard. Though someone could end up choking on an engagement ring totally.
Speaker 2: She actually says, I don't even want it to get the ring back. I'm worried that someone's going to hurt themselves or.
Speaker 4: Chi's No, she's not worried about that. She's worried about this. This is overseas in the state. She's gonna get sued.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she's worried aboutgation. Yes, she's trying to cover her Keep the ring. Don't get a hemrhid as you push it out. That's an emerald cut diamond.
Speaker 4: She go dig through that poo because it's worth five thousand dollars a winning cookie.
Speaker 2: Upset and you thought it was she's got maltezer in or something. No, it's a diamond ring.
Speaker 3: It's a really ugly diamond ring.
Speaker 2: So hideous I'd be pissed off of God. I wanted an nose one that you hear this so often, like my mum. Right, Michelle Chury, God bless her soul, tells this story of when she and got married to my dad. They went out on Sydney Harbor to celebrate. They're on a boat. They son screen up. This is the month after they get married. She's dancing on the boat listening to old eighties music, slips off her ring finger falls into Sydney Harp.
Speaker 3: So it must have been a little bit loose for her. Like, I think that's the problem, right.
Speaker 4: A lot of people have their wedding rings a little bit big because the person who proposes doesn't know their so hard totally, I think it happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so ran into the Sydney Harbor. Luckily and uncle, her family friend, is a diver. He spent six hours up town, up down. He did not.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me he found it.
Speaker 2: I don't get my mama. She can tell the story better. I mean, it happened, and they found the ring, and to this day she wears it, and.
Speaker 4: Does she pay for the services of this scubaatle absolutely not?
Speaker 3: Who is it?
Speaker 2: Just my uncle uncle.
Speaker 3: Oh it was her brother.
Speaker 2: One of those uncles is not really yeah, yeah, he's like the weird friend total Sorry, I don't know where he fits in, but he's somehow related somehow. It turned into your ancle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, there's nothing for anyone who has lost a wedding ring. It is very very petrifying.
Speaker 3: I and not just.
Speaker 4: Because I mean and it's expensive. It's also the sentimental thing. And then you just think, I don't want to go and tell my partner that I've lost this ring that they spent so much time organizing, or if you don't like your ring, it's a good way to get rid of it putting it out there. But I lost my engagement ring for a couple of days. I found it in a very unexciting place. It was down the side of the couch. But for the two days that it was missing, pure panic, your chaos.
Speaker 2: Is that the ring that Channel ten paid for when you won the Bachelor? Shut up it is isn't it didn't even pay for it. No wonder you weren't worried, didn't cost you a thing.
Speaker 3: No, that's this one, Yeah, this is the one we got.
Speaker 4: No, No, this was my actual engagement ring that madam, that marriage to my other husband.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I don't mean that. That's terrible.
Speaker 2: Thirteen one sixty five. Where did you lose the ring? Because people are calling, like crazy, we'll go a break when you come back. Where did you lose the ring? Because it happens more often than you think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I want the really weird stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you find it internally? Like did you have to get an next ray? And they go, you've got a diamond in you. I don't have to be that vulcan, but we'll take it. Of course we're talking where did you lose the engagement ring? Because a baker in the US in Kansas has baked her own engagement ring into a cookie. She can't find it, she's sold it, someone's eating. It's probably in the sewerage system in the middle of the US.
Speaker 4: Which it's a very look. It wasn't a cute ring, so maybe it's not a bad thing.
Speaker 2: It was actually the ugliest ring. She did herself a face.
Speaker 3: She might get insurance on it and be able to buy herself upgrade.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't it be funny if it was all an insurance gag in the you know, well, thirteen one O six five. We wanted to know when did you lose your ring? Because it is so common. People are calling like crazy. My mum, Michelle Cury, who birthed me into this world in a union with my father Mark Curry. They got married, she lost her wedding ring and she's told this story like for generations. We have mum on the phone. Hello, Mom, why don't you tell us what happened with your wedding ring? On that boat?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 7: Michelle, Hi, meet ty Laura well becook was a long time ago. We were in Sydney Harbor, just moored off Taronga Zoo on a beautiful spot. I put sunscreen on, being married about three months, probably had a few glasses of champagne.
Speaker 2: That part.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I thought it in terms of this beautiful boat into Sydney Harbor. And as I rolled down into the water, I was going, no, I could steal my.
Speaker 8: Rings, rolling off my.
Speaker 7: Finger and I'm still going I'm still going down to the bottom of the harbor and I couldn't get to the top quick enough and just came up and screamed to my friends and said I lost my rings.
Speaker 8: My rings had come off. Yeah, I'll look after many hours and many many dives and people helping our very dear friend Murray dive to the bottom of Sydney Harbor, and he came up without a word of a eye with my engagement ring and my wedding bears.
Speaker 2: And she passed him and my real father.
Speaker 7: Sitting in the bottom of Sydney Harbor, on the base of Sydney Harbor and.
Speaker 2: When we do love a good happy ending. Sorry, Mum and Dad are still married, not divorced. So that's that wedding ring is you know?
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, we got more palls too. On thirteen one of six y five, Barbaretta Shannon Shannon, Sorry Shannon, what happened to your ring?
Speaker 1: Well? I was feeding my horses like I do every day, and I was pushing the hay down.
Speaker 2: Into the feeder or was good?
Speaker 5: A couple of hours later I realized no ring.
Speaker 3: Wait did the horse eat the ring? Or did? How did you? Did you find it backtracked?
Speaker 5: And I hadn't done too much, so the ring was in the That's where it.
Speaker 4: Was, thank god, because no one wants to go dig in through horsepool.
Speaker 3: That's horrific. That's the last place.
Speaker 2: You want to find a ring, but you can put your hand quite far into a horse. I've seen those videos of when they when they give birth to a cow.
Speaker 4: The tower, which I think you're meant to wait for it to come out. I don't think you're meant to go looking for it whilst it's still internal.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying if you wanted to, I've seen some videos. Thank you for the call.
Speaker 4: All right, except we got Renee on the phone. Renee, where did you lose your ring?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 1: Lah? My ring in the air corn vent of my fiance's land cruise.
Speaker 2: Are Oh wow, that's a that's a Was it like a money lot?
Speaker 3: How did you shove it in there?
Speaker 1: We was in the wools and more renovating our house. I didn't want to scratch it or get it ruined, obviously, so I took it off and he's got an air convent like on the top dash of the car.
Speaker 3: It fell down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We had to call a mechanic with like a microscope and along like it was like an operation camera to stick it all the way down.
Speaker 3: With a that's what the horse needed as well.
Speaker 1: Totally nine hours later the mechanic got it out and he actually got an invitation to the wedding.
Speaker 2: I like that. That's a good story, Caitlin. One last one, Hello, honey, how did you lose the ring? What happened?
Speaker 9: So we found out that my dog ate my husband's wedding ring. It was on the bedside table and we then realized that the dog had eaten it. He was just a puppy. So a day later we found it.
Speaker 3: Well, why didn't you go into the describe how you found that one? Was there a ring of fire for the rabbit?
Speaker 5: Yes, a ring of fire.
Speaker 9: That was my husband's job for leaving it on the bedside table.
Speaker 4: So he had to rummage through the number two does your husband like work in mince meat?
Speaker 2: Like? Why did the rings smell delectable for a dog?
Speaker 3: I think puppies just eat anything.
Speaker 4: Puppies they'll they'll eat sunglasses, they'll eat wedding rings, they'll eat the crutch out of a pair of undies.
Speaker 3: They'll eat anything.
Speaker 2: So much today on the show in a wedding and he's still married. Yeah, we are a beautiful story. Beautiful story, thank you? And does the ring still smell?
Speaker 5: Well, we had to get rid of it.
Speaker 2: What you put down?
Speaker 3: The ring of the dog. Dog didn't deserve that.
Speaker 2: It was just curious. We had to get rid of it. We had no choice, so we took it out back on goodness all right, Caitlyn, thanks to your call. Listen. We're back tomorrow, guys. We will see tomorrow, good bite, see you, guys,