Speaker 1: Christians, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast. Let's go.
Speaker 2: I used to run them along my two front take and scrape all the icing buffet?
Speaker 1: Was he going to do?
Speaker 3: Shoot him in the space? You never were on a plate with a nice cup of tea.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melvin's Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, Friday morning, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 3: The weekend is almost here. Good morning Jack Post.
Speaker 5: Good morning Christian O'Connell, Thank you for.
Speaker 3: The full name.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Patrina Jones, Hey Kristin, Hey Pats. All right, let's get into it. So we start this couple of weeks ago, we're on a Friday. We give you some of the things that we're into at the moment, and as you go on the weekend, if you're looking for something to watch on the TV, I say TV with all the different nine ninety seven streaming surfaces that are available now, or books or whatever you're into, it might give you a nice towards something you might enjoy. And likewise, if you think there's anything you think that we would like, please let us know. You can email me or you can send us A text four seven five three one oh four three Jack post.
Speaker 3: What is it for you?
Speaker 5: I'm going to start with streaming on YouTube. I have you know how you build up steam with YouTube? You watch one thing, then it suggests another thing similar.
Speaker 4: Then you keep going the little side column, haven't they We start looking down and want that next and you I now have playlists on YouTube.
Speaker 3: You can save them to play lists.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I just let it. I let the algorithm talk to me. And at the moment it's.
Speaker 3: Just full of not lock picking.
Speaker 5: No Dragon's Den, which we would know better in Australia as Shark Tank. Yes, I think it's the original. It was. It predated the American shark.
Speaker 4: It was called Dragon's name, same idea. Four self made millionaires. People go in with business ideas and pitch to them.
Speaker 3: How come do you prefer it?
Speaker 5: I can't get enough of it. Honestly, they're way crueler in the British one than they are in the Australian one. In Australian one, I felt like they were, you know, they really empathized with the entrepreneurs.
Speaker 4: You're far more positive than the we Brits are where those self Maybe is Peter Jones used to come on my old show a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's very charismatic guy. Yeah, very funny.
Speaker 5: They just eat him to shred. Someone will wheel in their little idea for an invention and they just chew them up and spit them out.
Speaker 3: But don't.
Speaker 4: But don't you find when you watch them right, same same thing as Shark Tank as well in Australia and in America as well, where sometimes you think they really didn't think through.
Speaker 3: It falls to pieces straight away.
Speaker 5: And I reckon. The producers must much core know that they're not ready to go on, but they still encourage them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know they all on YouTube.
Speaker 5: They're all on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to tell the BBC that is illegal. How dare you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Don't I've still got so many seasons to go.
Speaker 3: Right, let me know then then I'll close the door. Okay, let lebe know. What else are you giving a double thumbs up to?
Speaker 5: This one is for locals of the Coburg or Northern Suburb Suburbs area. There is a lemon kneese restaurant called Zata which I get from there a cheese and veggiemite pie which is essentially, oh my god, this thing is so good. It's not It's not a regular pie how you would imagine a meat pie. It's kind of like a folded burrito that has just the jam, cheese and veggiemie in there, and then they cook it in the wood fire oven. I think about them often.
Speaker 3: I got it now. I know what you mean.
Speaker 4: Once you have that go to thing, no matter if you've had a bad day, you know you've got that going.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I will be so Bianke is trying to keep it telling on me when I've had like an adult lunch, or if I've had like what we would call the kids lunch, like white bread or cereal. And yesterday I had these zatar cheese and Veggiemike.
Speaker 3: Did you have it after workout?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Because I will go and eat badly after workout, thinking I've worked out exactly exactly. Even during the workout when its hardest, all I'm thinking about is a dirty snack.
Speaker 3: Won't At the end of the tunnel.
Speaker 5: That is a choice.
Speaker 4: There's a pizza place literally sort of two steps down from the gym.
Speaker 3: They must make a fortune for my dad. Actually, I'm the only post I've ever seen that walks.
Speaker 4: I've literally walked in my sweaty tracksuit gear in there. They look at me like nudging each other. I think you mentioned this beforehand, and go burn it off, not wipe out all the good work you've done both.
Speaker 5: But it feels like your body you're still burning.
Speaker 3: You can check it, burn it up, melt these calories. Where is the place you go to get this?
Speaker 5: Zarta is on Sydney Road and Monroe Straight.
Speaker 4: All right after this, I tell you about the double thumbs up that I'm giving to this week as well, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: I also bizarrely have a food in mine this week as well. But first of all, a couple of things that I've seen this week that I've really enjoyed. Watch this one with my kids, and that is the Taylor Swift documentary. Watch this weekend with audience. I was, I was, I was really stunned. It made me appreciate Tylor Swift in a very different way. Great documentary. The second half is outstanding, really really smart. Miss America and Miss Americana. I think it's called anyway. It's up there on the Netflix. Not what you think, even if you're not big Taylor Swift fan, you will appreciate what it's like to be famous in this modern, harsh, harsh world. There's one bit where she just goes some like playing to a megadome in America eighty thousand people, and then suddenly, no matter how famous you are, Yeah, you're alone in a strange holltail room. You pick up your phone and there's someone saying that it looks like you're putting a bit away, And just how it crushes her for being almost a hero hero status, two thousands of people. And then to that fragile sensitivity and what it does to someone's psyche who's so well loved all over the world and you know, sells millions of records and stuff like that, but just stort the core of it. But anyway, it's a really good documentary. And then the thing I really loved. Sometimes you see a movie and you can't stop thinking about it. This week for me is Uncut Gems.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what a movie.
Speaker 4: I think it's actually criminal that Adam Sander didn't get a Oscar nomination for that. Oh god, it is such a great it's a great movie. The way they've directed it, it's like a non stop panic attack. At times you feel like your heart is really really going. But it's an incredible movie. But Adam Sandler does every ten years, he does a great movie that reminds you that he's a really, really talented actor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not a comedy because I was trying to tell someone about it and they go, okay, and cut gems. It's really funny, isn't. No, it's not a company.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: The last sort of sequence in it as well, is it leaves leaves you really I've rewatched it a couple of times, just the last scene. It's amazing. I can't recommend uncut gems enough. And I've mentioned this before, but I'm doing it again. I actually think, and now you've nudged my hand a bit here, Jack, I think that this year we need to dedicate ourselves to something called the gold standard, where we look for the very best foods.
Speaker 3: In certain areas.
Speaker 4: Pies. We've got to do pies. You start talking about that Lebanese one, we have to try that. The other thing for me is to cheese toasty. You take it for an art form. Here in Melbourne. We need to find what is Melbourne's very best cheese toasty. I had it again this week. I think it's the one at Paran Market. I haven't mentioned get this in so this week I go in there right order it. I'm waiting for it. They bring it over and the guy comes to me and goes, someone just told me you're the guy on the radio, and I go, all right. He goes, he also told me that you gave us a big plug. I said, yeah, this fondue one. I try to recreate it at home. I even try to do that. We try to do redo at home and it's crap. Never make homemade guacamole. Just buy it. It's just like brown mult immediately. But anyway, in this it's called the fondu, the one I get there, it's contd grere cheese, two different cheese, is wine, shatots, and then this gorgeous homemade chilly jam.
Speaker 3: Oh it's just it's the best toasty I've ever had.
Speaker 5: And what's the salmich chop called?
Speaker 3: It's just make her a monger. It's just in there, right in the middle, slap bang in the middle of Paran Markets. It's there only there on a Tuesday and Thursday, I think. But that for me is.
Speaker 5: That's why you always have to get out on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Speaker 4: I've got the meetings to go to Jack after these ads, then we'll come back with Patsy's double thumbs up if you've got any four us oh four seven five three one oh four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 3: Podcast Patsy, what's it for you this week? Double thumbs Up?
Speaker 2: I'm continuing the food theme and we've discovered you know, Reese's buttercup chocolate.
Speaker 5: Love them.
Speaker 2: You couldn't get them out here, could you, Jack, until maybe five or six years ago.
Speaker 4: So it was a bit of a yeah because the rest of the world has been enjoining for thirty years.
Speaker 5: Well, you had to wait till a friend went to America and then you go, can you bring me back the beer?
Speaker 3: It came out the same time as et for you guys.
Speaker 2: Well, now you can get ice cream, Reese's peanut butter ice cream, and there's two sorts. There's one that's like a Magnum ice cream.
Speaker 3: I've had that. My kids are addicted to it. We've had to tell them to take it easy. Well, it's like crack for them.
Speaker 7: They just is We bought the waffle one at the weekend. Never again be.
Speaker 4: Another one like a cornetto yes, is that good? The waffle cone.
Speaker 2: And it's got like a rod of peanut butter sort of caramel right down the center of it. You know how sometimes when you have other sort of waffle ice creams, you get past the top and then it's a bit boring down. But this is like all the way, one hundred percent to the bottom, just divine. But try and stop at one.
Speaker 7: It's very difficult.
Speaker 5: I want one now.
Speaker 7: They are delicious.
Speaker 2: My second thing is Netflix series which has just started, The Stranger, based on a book.
Speaker 7: That you've read.
Speaker 3: Yeah, harl And Coben, Yes, I believe.
Speaker 2: This is so many plot twists and heart beating, like you were talking before. I'm so tempted to go to the last episode to see what happened.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 4: I've got friends that do that. They want to know how it ends like, but that's the whole point. You've got to go through the anguish in the middle. It's a better release. Otherwise it's like fast forward into your dead.
Speaker 7: This is brilliant.
Speaker 2: So it's a British mini series and it's about people's dirty secrets. And this stranger coming out and approaching them knowing exactly what it is, and everything that unfolds from that.
Speaker 3: All right, of course I remember now.
Speaker 7: Right, brilliant, So highly recommend it.
Speaker 3: It's got Jennifer Saunders.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's brilliant in it as well. So I've just got onto it. It premiered a few days ago, so every day I've been going home and getting a few episodes. And my last thing, you know, I had absolute headaches about contacting books with school. Yes, yeah, well I've found this thing, the study Mate book cover. It's like a plastic sleeve that you slip their books. Much easier, much easier. Only I've contacted all the books now, so I've got a whole heap of them for through the year.
Speaker 7: It's brilliant. They're like fifty cents a piece of Augard.
Speaker 4: You're like a one woman industry. So you stop pil of these for the rest.
Speaker 3: Of the year.
Speaker 2: I will, because she will need other and there's I'm going to throw the contact out.
Speaker 7: I've had it with it. I just can't do it. I've got dog fur under it.
Speaker 3: I don't worry about the environment.
Speaker 2: Nothing contact, but you can reuse these ones they're like a sleeve.
Speaker 7: They're brilliant.
Speaker 3: New features come on this Patsy's Craft Corner.
Speaker 1: The christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 5: I didn't get time to do it at six o'clock, but I would given double thumbs up to the movie Just Mercy, which Bianka and I watched at the cinemas last night.
Speaker 4: Saw the trailer when I went see nineteen seventy. It looks incredible story Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Fox, isn't.
Speaker 5: It Jamie Fox. Yeah, they're both fantastic. Michael B.
Speaker 3: Jordan.
Speaker 5: By the way, Bianca said to me before the movie, She goes, I love him and I love that he didn't get famous just because his dad's Michael Jordan.
Speaker 3: You kid it, I go.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to say straight away because I maybe I just missed that it's possible. Then I googled it.
Speaker 3: But he's not like seven foot tall. I've in me Michael B. Jordan. He's an average sign dude, but he's not like really tall. That's amazing.
Speaker 5: His dad's name is Michael Jordan, but he is not the Michael Jordan we know from the Chicago.
Speaker 4: Do you think that Michael B. Jordan has been trading off that. Do you think he's been lying all.
Speaker 3: These years to take meetings? Now?
Speaker 5: He's a great actor, he's They were both fantastic, and I really would urge people to go and see it. Where do you stand with I love getting in a cinema last night and kicking off my shoes, kicking off my socks. And there's nothing as powerfully refreshing as having no shoes on in a cinema.
Speaker 3: Disgusting.
Speaker 5: No, what I thought you would be on board?
Speaker 1: Why would I.
Speaker 7: Be on board?
Speaker 5: You would probably wear pajamas to a cinema.
Speaker 7: I wish I could.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you want to wear pajamas, that's fine, But we are not in your house. It's not your private space. The people next you have to see your manky, old, smelly feet. Same on a plane where you get some savage he just takes his shoes behide.
Speaker 5: I'd definitely take my shoes off on a plane. Way do you want to get relaxed?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just dirty. You've got other people. Don't you think of other people near you that have got to be near your feet.
Speaker 5: They're not troll feet, They're clean.
Speaker 3: That's what you say. But how clean. Are they? We don't know that. And then if everyone does that, you got a whole plane full of smelly feet.
Speaker 4: And at the cinema, I don't want to be stressed out by seeing hairy men feet in there.
Speaker 5: Well that's why it's dark. You don't have to look at it now.
Speaker 4: I know you see it. It's not pitched back enough you'd see someone else's feet.
Speaker 5: I wish I didn't bring it up now because I'm no way am I going to stop doing it. It's part of my favorite thing is getting popcorn. Taking my shoes off.
Speaker 3: No way.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you stand on this, two pats, because some Australians do believe it's fine to sort of just kick off the shoes or the thongs and just start picking out between their toes net during the.
Speaker 2: Trailers or you know what I see a lot of is people going to the supermarket or fueling up their car. They haven't put shoes on it or not even thong.
Speaker 5: Fueling up the car doesn't matter because sometimes I take my shoes off sometimes when I drive because it feels nice.
Speaker 7: Well, that's illegal.
Speaker 2: You can get done for that. Did you know that? What you will get booked if you get pulled over by a police officer. Yep, you can get booked over.
Speaker 3: Here for sure.
Speaker 4: You've got better contacts with your foot, your bare foot.
Speaker 3: That's what I feel like. I feel like sometimes, you know, sometimes they can feel it.
Speaker 4: I see people with ug boots on and thinking that could get stuck under them.
Speaker 5: When you wear those big stilettos and take.
Speaker 4: Seen right in those cowboy boots, you know, often rock around on the weekend, the spurs sometimes get stuck under there on the carpet though it very.
Speaker 5: Is that a Victoria thing or a nation wide.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's nationwide, but I'm pretty sure it's still Victorian law that you can't do it, because.
Speaker 5: Further up as Astralia you get the less shoes people wear, just in general. Every day.
Speaker 4: We were in Byron Bay a couple yeks ago. I took the mother in aughteen nineteen seventeen, and she loves Australia up but she comes once a week for a couple of once a year, not once a week. Every she comes to comes from lon London to see how we are, just for a couple of hours for lunch and buggers off back home. She comes for a couple of weeks every year and she sees the and she loves Australia. Right it was the first time she's seen the underbelly and by that I mean shoes off in the cinema.
Speaker 3: She was horrible in byroning.
Speaker 4: You can imagine there was there was only me and her that actually kept the shoes off. Two boies the Poms. Now Patsy and I got the wrong. I bet there's a lot of people that think one way or the other then about shoes off in the cinema.
Speaker 3: Patsy and I for once are unified on this. It's a blanket no way.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 4: Podcast yesterday morning we were tackling one of the big burning issues right now affecting Australia. What's the best Arnott biscuit? The morning it's shoes on or off in the cinema.
Speaker 3: Jack went to.
Speaker 4: See Just Mercy, which he said it is a great movie. Jamie Fox and Michael B. Jordan at the big talking points today is about Jack kicked his shoes off in there and I don't think that's acceptable. By the way, when you go to the cinema side question, do you get there enough time to enjoy the trailers.
Speaker 3: I always do.
Speaker 5: If it was up to me, no, I would get there twenty minutes late so we didn't have to sit through it. But Bianca, my wife, loves the trailer path experience. She last night there's a new Ben Nefflick film coming out. I forget the name of it, but he's a basketball coach that goes through hard times.
Speaker 3: Of course, straight away you could have called that and he's got hard times. I love Ben Affleck, but yeah, that's the movie he would be making.
Speaker 5: Bianker started crying during the trailer.
Speaker 3: I'm a big sucker for that.
Speaker 4: I did when I saw Just Mercy and Jamie Fox is yelling through the prison bars like don't get angry to Michael B. Jordan, who's free. I'm crying straight away and this is gonna be too much for me. Just in the trailer, go through a tough times as a basketball.
Speaker 5: And meanwhile I'm l my shoes and picking my subs up.
Speaker 4: All right, let's going to the lines. First of all, Karen's emailing from Mornington. I think we can guess how they're going to call it out there, aren't they Peninsula gross shoes?
Speaker 3: Off in the cinema or a plane.
Speaker 4: Is such a bogan thing to do, Jack Post, no matter how clean they are, Take your slippers.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: I would have a lot of respect for any gentleman that suddenly gets out some slippers, takes his shoes and puts his slippers on the cinema.
Speaker 3: That, to me is a man of style and substance.
Speaker 5: And just go to the cinema's change rooms, come out with my slippers off.
Speaker 3: Why don't cinemas take a leaf out of the bowling arcade? You know where you go and you get given.
Speaker 5: You get the slippers.
Speaker 4: What are you Christian? Don't cinemas have rules outlawing this? If not, they should count. No, I don't think they have any rules outlawing it. Let's go to the lines, Sam, shoes on or off in the cinema? Come on, Sam, you seem like Sam than you seems like a smart man.
Speaker 3: Sam.
Speaker 4: Do you not think it's disgusting everybody else seeing your monkey feet with the toe Jam?
Speaker 5: Now, as soon as you get in there, you sit right on the edge of your chair, fat on the carpet.
Speaker 8: Bruce Willis.
Speaker 5: We gos edge of the chair, Bruce Willis. But I agree with you, Sam, of course you do.
Speaker 3: All right, Sam, thank you very much. You cool, have a good weekend. Yeah, just come on.
Speaker 4: James slick Rick over there with the phone. Sometimes he's at the butcher back Dad over there, James, James.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, Look it's definitely shoes down and I think talking that becoming a nudist. Actually that's the first step. Shoes off in the cinema. Next minute you're naked in the cinema.
Speaker 3: Yeah, James, cat next to you or a child.
Speaker 9: It's a small child. He's demanding a dry and I've just stopped, so he's not happy.
Speaker 4: How old is he? All right, we let you crack on. Thanks jamesl Wayne having a nice weekend. Tony's in Sant Gilda.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Tony, morning, guys.
Speaker 9: Te up on here. I used to be an uber driver years ago and one guy came in my car just put his took his shoes off and put his feet on top of the desk. And I just said, you, because it's just been comfortable in your own.
Speaker 4: Exactly, you should have kicked him out. Don't worry about zero rating, get out.
Speaker 5: I would take my own shoes off in my own car, but No, I wouldn't do it in somebody else's car. That's where I nearly threw him out.
Speaker 3: That's what I was going to do, Tony. What do you think about it in the cinema though, shoes on or off?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you got to keep him on. That's disgusting.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: You're not in your own Yeah exactly. People think that they're just in their own bedroom, don't they. You see people on planes. Mind rolling on planes is if it's an international the shoes can come off, okay because they give you those little socks. If it's internal, you're going to Sydney, you keep those shoes on.
Speaker 1: Christian hell So Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: On today's show more of your mixed business. It's gone international and footy players unnecessarily walking before that, yesterday we were paying off somebody's bill on the Breakfast Show and it was about twenty to nine.
Speaker 3: I don't know why, I need to know the time.
Speaker 4: Captain's log and we called Karen was at work and I just asked her, where.
Speaker 3: Are you at work? As in you know what suburb? You know? You like?
Speaker 4: We like to know where you are during the morning, where you are you sink Kilda. You're north or south of the river. Where are you and where are you at work?
Speaker 3: Right now? Karen, I'm upstairs.
Speaker 4: Still we like to know from now on, let's not ask what suburb they're calling from, just what level they are on, upstairs or downstairs. So we thought when we shouting to Karen, it's I've given us an idea for a new game, maybe just a one off dedicated to Karen. And it's called upstairs or Downstairs. It's very very easy for you to play. You just call in. We guess immediately, just from here, just chatting for you immediately, whether you are upstairs or downstairs, so you can play this at home right now, or whether you're at work. Please don't call in the car. That's cheating.
Speaker 3: You're ruining the game, all right, So we just pats eat Jack. We just have a guest.
Speaker 4: Immediately understand whether they are upstairs or downstairs this morning. There's play upstairs and downstairs. Maybe there's a thing we can do from now on. Maybe on a Thursday we'll try and create a brand new game to play twenty four hours later. All right, let's wrong with this one? Then give us a call now you just jump on the lines.
Speaker 3: You just say.
Speaker 4: All you have to do is chat to us, and then we will try and guess immediately whether you.
Speaker 3: Are upstairs or downstairs. Nine four one four one oh.
Speaker 4: Four three to play the first ever upstairs or Downstairs.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Yes, we're chatting to Karen. We're paying her bill. A stuck garage door. It was all fine, there was a side door. She was managed to escape unharmed in the incident. However, whilst chatting to her and where are your work.
Speaker 3: Right now, Karen, I'm upstairs.
Speaker 4: We're giving her this Karen, to give us an idea there for upstairs downstairs, We simply guess whether you're upstairs or downstairs.
Speaker 3: So yesterday I told.
Speaker 4: Our junior producer, we've recently promoted someone who used to mend the computers here and then we've promoted him to the show. And I said, listen, we're going to be playing upstairs downstairs. We will need production and this is what I come in. He's still got his pe plates on rigo. I have a listen to this slab of gold. We'll see you at the acress.
Speaker 6: Are you up upstairs or Are you down stairs?
Speaker 3: I like it one morio?
Speaker 6: Are you upstairs or are you downstairs?
Speaker 3: Now you have to remember that would have been made.
Speaker 4: I'm guessing this morning round about half when he suddenly weirdized.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I haven't got I haven't got the production. Have we just go in the booth and cobble together any old rubbish?
Speaker 6: Are you upstairs or are you downstairs?
Speaker 3: But it's what we've got the swan and let's play are you upstairs? All right? You downstairs? All right? Let's give this a go. So, Patsy, are you okay with the rules? Yes, so it's an immediate just upstairs or downstairs? Who you want the phone to?
Speaker 7: Just now, there's a deliberate time.
Speaker 3: Is everything all right? What's the dilemma?
Speaker 7: Can we help she's lost something? It's fine? Or she lost her parker?
Speaker 4: Have to lose a park dog's eating it, old beast of a hound. It's in it, colon right now, puffing it up. That was bigger than I hate it.
Speaker 3: Alright, let's go to lies because you know we're playing guys.
Speaker 6: Are you up stairs or are you downstairs?
Speaker 3: Let's go back to life. All right on the line, now, Debbie can morning.
Speaker 1: Debbie, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: Debbie is upstairs.
Speaker 5: Debbie is downstairs.
Speaker 7: She's downstairs.
Speaker 9: Where are you Debbie downstairs?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Alright, let's go to Ash. Good morning Ash, Yes, good morning Christian. Now are you Ashes downstairs?
Speaker 5: Ashes upstairs?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I reckon, he's upstairs.
Speaker 9: Now you both are on downstairs.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go too, Annie, because we are playing.
Speaker 6: You upstairs or are you downstairs?
Speaker 3: Annie?
Speaker 5: You're upstairs, upstairs.
Speaker 3: Upstairs, I'm downstairs.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast tax.
Speaker 3: To all your amazing efforts.
Speaker 4: Then we're currently up to run about eight hundred and sixty slabs of our Bush Fire fund raising beer, Heroes Gold, that you've been pre ordering since Monday. Thank you very very much for that. It's amazing, it's really exciting we actually have.
Speaker 5: For the first time, we're actually holding on to a care of Heroes Gold. It is filled with water, not beer, because the beer is still being brewed.
Speaker 3: I think the word is perfected.
Speaker 5: Being perfected. It's still a bit too cloudy for our tastes.
Speaker 3: It's being d they're adding the de clouding agents right now.
Speaker 5: But isn't it so cool to actually see it in the flesh and hold it in your hand. A can of Heroes Gold, which everybody who listens to this show helped create.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's amazing and I love the gold top as well. Look out for it being Dan Murphy's Fridges the week after next. And obviously if you're pre ordering at the moment, you'll got to quicker than that. You can pre order it Gold one oh four three dot com dot Au our fundraising beer.
Speaker 3: It looks awesome, perfect hand side. Doesn't it fit snugly in your hand?
Speaker 5: Definitely? But I mean we didn't invent the size of a can. That's that's a regular can.
Speaker 4: If I told you before, we're always upgrading everything invented beer as you know it.
Speaker 3: I'm going to call it the stubby for want of a better word.
Speaker 5: It looks great and you can see it online at Gold one oh four to three dot com dot Au.
Speaker 4: The design Now, this can has a big week next week. Choose this can. Okay of Heroes Gold has its own photoshoot A can of beer not done by our photographers. Here at a date almost some old radio station and here at Gold actually done by Australia's number one still life photographer. I've seen some of this guy's work. What he did with the cornetto is amazing, is out there, out of this world, so he is going to be taken. They don't need my hands in it. Sad thing I've been stood done. But yeah, it has its own photo shoot, next shoot, that's right.
Speaker 5: So what any images you see of the can at the moment a computer generated Only this guy, Australia's number one still life photographer, puts all the cold sweat on it to make it look icy, so you.
Speaker 4: Then feel thirsty, like you've been walking through the desert or something. And I'd love that to make it aspirational that you want to have that hero's gold. I should just say, I hope that can that you're holding isn't the one that's actually going to the photo because that looks like it's been kicked here from Coba.
Speaker 5: Me too. I think everybody, everybody's so hexcited to tear.
Speaker 4: The Hawkers factory where they're so fed up with us wringing every ten minutes how many minutes order now what twenty four hours a day, get the beery and bullumpus working.
Speaker 3: Harder that they've just thrown it here from Cobo.
Speaker 5: He's got a lot of dins in it. Also. I think because they're only half filled it with water, I think it can needs to be full to the brim to you know, get the.
Speaker 4: Everyone and we fall to the brim of beer as well. It's not like when you buy a bag of Chipsy says it is eighty two air.
Speaker 3: Chips. Okay, now we are just a litle bit more on the beer then, Travis.
Speaker 4: It's a guy who before we even said, can you make some jingles with Every great beer needs a great jingle, Travis, just before we even asked for it, centers this hoeed.
Speaker 10: A hero honeed a hero's cold at the end of the fights.
Speaker 5: Well, it's gotta be cold, and it's gotta.
Speaker 3: Be fresh, and it's got to be flowing all night.
Speaker 4: Next week we're going to get that fully recorded. We're getting a choir as well. Brad Al producer. He's from a different era. He really is the definition of it. It was a different time, thought was it, Grant, I need to get a school choir.
Speaker 1: Children.
Speaker 3: We did a phone in two days ago called it was a different time. It feels like a kind of story. When I was ten, they made me sing on a beer commercial.
Speaker 5: They wanted me singing about how it had to be cold and had to be fresh and had to be flowing all night.
Speaker 3: So Travis is getting the full works.
Speaker 4: However, any great A side needs a great B side, So next week is the Battle of the B side, because we need a great B side. New entries from Jingles that is storm Waking. Yesterday this came in. I don't know if you heard. It's our first duet that have had to go married couple, Sam and Andy. Oh no, this is vow the need to keep that one chambered. This is Sam and Andy Hio Christian.
Speaker 2: This is Sam and Andy Wicks with our submission for heroes Gold.
Speaker 11: Heroes gold, go something. The fieries have something they deserve. We're not indestructible.
Speaker 12: Let's rais a process of heroes gold, gold, the gold, the gold good, the heroes gold.
Speaker 5: I love that he's putting in the drum beats everywhwhere.
Speaker 3: Full production.
Speaker 4: Is Phil Specter there in the background working. They sent me an email late last night so they'd some friends of those have obviously heard has played out and they weren't listening to It was like ten past six yesterday and they don't know the podcast then said in the email, let us know about next steps about coming in recording.
Speaker 3: That's just a moment.
Speaker 4: The other new entry we had this week was a man called Val who has made this barely human. Barely human the sound that Val can make, but a beautiful sound all the same. If you have dogs, they may start howling right now, part voice, part dog ward or vou take it away.
Speaker 5: A small edge?
Speaker 3: Are you the best? Go to all of this to make these jingles? We love this? So next week it's the Battle of the B side. Talking of B sides?
Speaker 6: Are you upstairs? You downstairs?
Speaker 4: If you have any jingles, this is the last weekend to get your homemade jingles in for the Battle of the B Sides? Email them through Christian at gold one four three dot com dot au. I don't think we can have a tie, saying the word thank you, thank you for pre ordering the beer and thanks for all the amazing jingles.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Earlier on this week, Jack reported that he'd seen a costume higher and dog grooming business. That's a combination costume higher and dog grooming. And we started talking about mixed businesses, you know where they don't just have one offering to us members of the public.
Speaker 3: They have several.
Speaker 4: We've got some great calls so Graham and Preston to us about the custom barn door and ug Boot Place custom barn doors and also ug Boots. Then there was my favorite one, the pet Crematorium and car Mechanics. I still can't stop thinking about the pet Crematorium and car mechanic and which one came first for driving out to packing and to interview with them that came from Danny. Then there's also the Burger joint and tax returns in Footscray, quite a few of these. There was the clothing Alterations and table tennis store in Footscray, which has let us now think that Footscray has very much on Silicon Valley with these geniuses now. So we've got a lot of later parties now that he's spotted in the last forty eight hours on Mixed Business Light. Maybe you join the show recently Latesla parties if you ever want to chip in about anything you've heard us talking about on the show last week, or whenever you've catch up with old podcasts. We're always open to picking something back up. A topic is never completely dead on the show that these came actually from Facebook. I used to work in a roadhouse which sold fish and chips. Ama was also a brothel.
Speaker 3: Oh that's not.
Speaker 4: Don't you well on that too long. There's a shop in South Australia that sells this is amazing space. There's a shop that comes from Adam Connell, South Australia. There's a shop in South Australia that sells hair care products for African women and die cast collectible model cars.
Speaker 5: Yep, you often need to get soon go together.
Speaker 3: We now go international. Christian.
Speaker 4: I'm listening to the show on iHeart. In our broth, Scotland, we have a local shop that sells vapes. Everywhere sells vapes. You might be in the middle of nowhere in Scotland. Vapes for everywhere now but it sells vapes as well as desserts. Two markets coming together. They've vape been Joyer and the dessert lover. Rachel. Thank you, thank you very much on this. This is an incredible one from Nicole Chris. I'm a pee teacher and last year lovely Gentleman came to our school to give a quote to resurface our school hall floor. When he handed me his flyer, there was a picture of him on the front in an Elvis costume. He proceeded to tell me that he was also an Elvis impersonator as well as having.
Speaker 3: A flooring business. If you have a look at the flyer, jackpiece, testify exhibit A. How amazing is that good?
Speaker 4: It's a guy who does look like latter day Elvis before he carts it on the bok.
Speaker 3: He's a generous gentleman. Read what it.
Speaker 5: Says, Ultimate Sports Enterprises, Timber sports floor specialists use the Ultimate baby, thank you very much. And then, of course, as it's the white ve Vegas elvit he's got a big old mustache.
Speaker 4: How am I a flooring business and an Elvis impersonator?
Speaker 3: They said, here I did.
Speaker 4: I did actually ask him if he was going to actually resurface it dressed as Elvis. He said no, but I would have hired him if he had done that. I've been listening since show one when you and JACKI were giving away rugs as you first have a prizes, My word, it was it deco.
Speaker 5: Oh that was what really was the first one.
Speaker 3: Deco Art rugs.
Speaker 4: Were given away from the pierrecardwan range. This one is from Tom who listens to us as well. He's over in Connecticut, America. Christian mixed Business. This is a shop I drive past every single down the way to work. Are you tired of your current pistol? Need a brand new sideboard? Brackets, natural finish, Look no further. Bob has got you covered. He sent me the front of this place. Bob's unpainted furniture gun exchange. Bob's unpainted furniture gun exchange. Tom, that's a great one. And then I'll finally Kirsten in London. This is an amazing one. A sewing machine and telescope shop. I mean who puts those together? I'm looking at the front of it. Here you can clean see in the window a sewing machine next to a giant stargazing telescope. Kirstin, thank you very much. If you've ever got anything for late La party or more of these mixed businesses. He spot them internationally now. Christian at Goldwell IF four three dot com do au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show podcast.
Speaker 4: Footy returns very soon. AFLW back tonight. Yesterday I was saying how I was chatting to a golf pro in the Brighton area on Wednesday night, and he was telling me how he coached a couple of footy players that live round that way, and I was asking what they were like, and he said, well, because of their training regime and how tiring the game is. Every weekend they're allowed to walk around.
Speaker 3: The golf course.
Speaker 4: They have to take the buggy everywhere, And I thought, come on, you know he says it's because of obviously the wear and tear to their joints. They have to minimize any unnecessary movements during the week. So if this is true, and who are we to disbelieve this? If this is true, your team's season could be dependent on if you see any footy players walking around casually and nonsoalently that is the right word this weekend. You need to pull over immediately and ask him if they need a lift anywhere, because obviously we could be were they could be wearing themselves out before the season for twenty twenty returns this weekend. I urge you to keep your eyes peeled. Got an email here from Helen Christian. I was listening to yesterday's podcast you and Jack talk about football players are necessarily walking having to take a golf buggy around the golf course. This has been an interest to Jack in particular as a fellow bomber's van. On Sunday, I was watching and cheering on my brother competing in the Elwood Triathlon and saw hep the great Dyson Heppel taking part in the bike leg of the triathlon. See his instagram for further proof to corroborate. Surely this is far worse than walking, more likely to end in an injury or accident. Obviously Essendon aren't training too strenuously at the moment. That's from Helen came and good on Heap as well. What did he raise like three.
Speaker 5: Hundred thousand and now he will have improved speed and agility for the season. Yeah, and I can see he did ride a leg of on his instagram he rode a leg of a triathlon just where that is.
Speaker 4: Reckless Actually on the bike leg probably more dangerous. Have you ever seen the Tour of France where they have those big pile ups of like eighty cyclists under each other and metal and stuff that all matched together.
Speaker 5: And if there's Melbourn players who aren't allowed to walk around the golf course Surely he's not allowed to pedal down the street.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Christian. I played golf last week and still Sidebottom was also walking around Keelaw golf course.
Speaker 3: Naughty. Thank you for that anonymous spotting. See they are not.
Speaker 4: Taking I'm going to call it now the Bomber season is over. Yeah, yep, because of doing the triathlon. If they start to suffer this year, it's not about the lack of air, it's because he did that bike leg of the triathlon. Still Sydebomb again has dangered his entire season doing that walking run golf course.
Speaker 5: Well, I told you I saw Jack Viney doing Brazilian jiu jitsu. Surely that is worse than cycling or walking put together.
Speaker 4: No, as a D's fan, I'm even more excited now about are soon to be triumphant season. Because he's doing that is great news for a footy player. Doing jiu jitsu is great news.
Speaker 5: Why he's gonna get players in an armbar and a headler.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to give away any secrets about why I think that these will have a superior advantage now because I hope the whole team are doing jiu jitsu actually this weekend.
Speaker 3: Right, if you see any.
Speaker 4: Footy players walking around casually pushing a stroller whatever it is put over, ask them if they need a lift. But also let us know. Christian at Gold one O four to three dot com dot au, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Time for Anonymous Confessions is where you get the chance to have your sins. You get them off. You go to the weekend Cleansed Absolved. We print off all your anonymous text and we shred them and it's a clean that's it.
Speaker 3: That's the shred of sound. Because you're confused and we print them all off. You just text in.
Speaker 4: You don't need to call in so we can guarantee and protect your anonymity. You text us seven three one four to three, just sign your text and on. We don't know who you are. There's a load of numbers and then we print them off. Some of the ones we had last week. We don't judge them, we just read them out. As a teenager, this is from one of you. As a teenager, I was at a house party pouring in the drink in the kitchen, spilled some of the drink on the floor.
Speaker 3: Instead of finding a town, I used their.
Speaker 4: Maltese shitsu, who was happily sitting next to me as a mop. This was another one when I did when I was fourteen, I did the forty hour faminine I hate the whole time and use my sponsor money to buy a walkman told my child I was allergic to fish. I just hate fish. I didn't take my husband's surname. I just didn't like it. So these were last week's one. We always go around the team. I ask everyone the team to open up a document type. There's out printer officer. We don't know who's as who's someone on the show confessed this last week and got it shredded. I used to work at a theater bar, and to supplement my income, I enacted a policy called mystery tips. The mystery was that I was slightly overcharged customers and pocket the difference. This person, when I confronted who I thought it might be, said only did it's a rich looking one.
Speaker 5: You don't have to say on there, but can you point to who it is?
Speaker 3: We guarantee, we guarantee jack anonymity. Jack.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, shred those on some last week they get a double, they get a double shredding, all right, so you can test. This might be something you've done this week. It might be something when you were a teenager. Whatever it is, get it off your chest now and anonymously text it in four seventy five three one o four three. These are the team's anonymous confessions this week. I backed into my boyfriend's bosses car and drove off without leaving my details. Only the boss saw it and knew it was me.
Speaker 5: That's the second hidden run of her back that we've had.
Speaker 3: On the show Immoral People, and that is the way I build this team.
Speaker 5: Or there's one terrible driver the show.
Speaker 3: Wow, who almost run me over last year?
Speaker 7: Hi? No, what's synonymous?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 3: I reckon that? Whose stomach was that? By the way she was?
Speaker 7: I'm very hungry this morning.
Speaker 3: Perhaps's stomach actually has a voice.
Speaker 5: It's going to do the sports news.
Speaker 4: I was playing with a pen and some blue tack while I was waiting in line for the teacher in third grade. He confiscated the blue tack off me when I reached him and squished it down, but the pin was in the middle and he pricked himself. I played dumb, and he ended up lecturing the whole class to try and find the culprit. I didn't say a thing. When we were kids, we used to climb a neighbour's fence and swim in their pool when they weren't home.
Speaker 3: I know that is.
Speaker 4: I once ate my daughter's chocolate cupcakes she made for her best friend on her bestie's birthday, and I blamed the dog I've been drinking.
Speaker 3: Was hungry? Hey, anonymous? Last weekend at the Elton John concert, we all know on this show. Who did. I woke up and I was like, oh my word, how could they have done that?
Speaker 4: Last weekend? This is Anonymous confessions. Last weekend at the Elton John concert. The bar had closed before Elton had finished playing. I may have borrowed a stranger's bottle of wine. This was coming a strange font to try and throw me off the seats.
Speaker 3: What that is? One time I was I love this one.
Speaker 4: One time I was on the lift on the way up to the studio before the show in the morning. I could see Jack Post was coming. I pressed the closed door because I just wanted a quiet lyft ride.
Speaker 5: That's the first time it's ever got personal. I'm going to be conducting Daniel Craig style interviews. And investigations over the next Wow.
Speaker 3: That's a great one. Oh God, Jackson are closed? Oh why Jack close? Quite lift up? All right?
Speaker 5: Shred them except I'm keeping.
Speaker 3: All right. Then we've done ass Now it's your term.
Speaker 1: The christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, if heature, was called anonymous confessions.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: You can't go around the team threaten them to find out who did this anonymous confession?
Speaker 3: Which team member?
Speaker 4: And this includes on and off air our producers as well. Someone on the team confessed this this morning. One time I was on the lift on the way up to the studio before the show in the morning. I could see Jack Post was coming. I pressed the closed door button because I just wanted to quiet ride.
Speaker 5: Now I can. I've ruled out a couple of people. You you yourself are ruled out because I know you ate your daughter's cupcakes.
Speaker 4: This isn't about conducting witch hunts on air, Okay.
Speaker 5: We can't have distrust like that.
Speaker 4: I think we can encourage it. I think we can have distrust. I think it's nice you going through the rest of this year looking at all of us wondering who wanted.
Speaker 3: To quite lift right? Without any of the chaos and are you gonna free stuff? I can have?
Speaker 5: Well, I down to three people left on my pludo board. Who it could be?
Speaker 3: Who do you think it is?
Speaker 5: It could be Tom Rio Collette was the Elton John Steele with the no no.
Speaker 3: No, come no, no no, we can't do this all right, you're going to ruin it.
Speaker 5: Brad's too sweet. Yeah, Pats is here way too early. So it's Tom our video producer, Rio our new producer or.
Speaker 3: Wonder which one has recently handed and noticing. I'm not saying it's him. I'm just saying someone has handed their notice him recently.
Speaker 4: They see you and they're like, oh Tommy.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much to Sandy Marshall listened to us right now, very late at night in Aberdeen, Scotland. Has ordered a slab of beer not to head over to Scotland but had to her friends who live in Sydney. That is amazing. Thank you very much for doing that. Hero's Gold. If you want to pre order it, head two Gold one oh four three dot com dot au and don't forget now. We do this every Friday, knock off Friday. Very soon you better knock off and have a nice skulls heroes gold. All right, knock off Friday. You just called us up on nine four one four one oh four three and tell us what tithing you're knocking off today. It's the most important question of the day that you ask each other what time are you knocking off? And you can also let us know where are you knocking off to? But Jack and I, as soon as we finish after today's show, we are heading to the.
Speaker 3: House that one of you is going to win if you do the Royal Melbourne Hospital Home lottery draw. Where is it? It's around the corner from my house.
Speaker 5: I thought we weren't allowed to say the location. Isn't it secret? There's people goading it.
Speaker 3: People wouldn't do that.
Speaker 5: All right, Well it's in the Brighton area. Yeah, but we don't say the street location, do we.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Dendy. It's a nice street too around there.
Speaker 4: Okay, So we're going around there to do the video and then I have business today.
Speaker 3: I'll go out for lunch with one of our advertisers.
Speaker 5: Lucky boy. I wish I could come, but they didn't invite me.
Speaker 8: No, No, I.
Speaker 4: Know, mister Mercedes Benz Barrett would love to meet you as well.
Speaker 3: No, okay, perhaps you want to come.
Speaker 7: No, I can't. I'm having a message to oh come on.
Speaker 3: Why's that just booked him right now?
Speaker 7: The last though I booked it in for me.
Speaker 3: Well, he's doing it or your husband.
Speaker 4: It's not really a massage that a half does it as well, especished guy, because they only want one ending stop.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jack, Jack, what are you doing after you knock off from me? Then where are you?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: I guess I'll give you a lift down to the home lottery that mobile. I'm there for you to see it, because you know how one of the door, the passenger door is dinted in. It's hard to open the handle, and you always say.
Speaker 4: Hard as long as you put one foot up on the rear passenger and and paul hard. It's like a cool workout trying to get into Jack's cart. Then you have to move the crap on the passage. It's like an undercover detective. He's been on a case, living in his car for six months.
Speaker 5: Well, in that same praying that dinted the passenger door also hit the side mirror. And for a long time we've just been the cap of the side passenger mirror has just been sort of sitting there and it finally fell off. So now the insides of this side mirror are just splurting out for all the world to see, and I'm meaning to get fixed.
Speaker 3: Is it roadworth? Is it safe for me to get in?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean, don't touch the mirror because you might get electrocuted.
Speaker 4: But okay, other than that, it's good to go there, Lovely Patsy. What are you doing today when.
Speaker 3: You knock off me?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm having a message.
Speaker 3: Oh how nice?
Speaker 7: I know, I'm really looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what kind you're going for?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I might go the deep tissue. Otherwise it's not really useful. If you don't, it's got to hurt.
Speaker 3: And also I don't want any chit chat from them.
Speaker 7: No, no talking.
Speaker 5: I never get chit chatting.
Speaker 4: A message out some sort of signal where they always start chatting and how.
Speaker 3: Long have you been there? And then I feel rude. I know it's going to just shut up and rub Anyway, what time he knocking off today?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show.
Speaker 4: Podcast Jack Post has pulled another one of his stunts off. Do you want to describe who's in the studio right now?
Speaker 5: I thought this was meant to be silent off air.
Speaker 4: No, as always, I'm trying to sort of do one show, and then Jack is sort of running his own sort of side enterprises. You've got some dodgy mate who's been in this country for four weeks from America, who's obviously run out of things to do. She's gone come in and stare at some guy pressing buttons in a radio shoes.
Speaker 5: His name is Tim, He actually worked Actually tell him on the show.
Speaker 3: Tim's and fellow radio brothers. You do a morning show in America, mate, I do in Saint Louis, Missouri. Oh awesome, great place.
Speaker 5: It's a good time, yeah him.
Speaker 3: I had a good time in Australia.
Speaker 10: It's been it's been amazing. My first time over here. Seen a bunch of things. This is the highlight for sure.
Speaker 3: I'm obviously from England, you're from America. What have you made of them? As Australians? I love it. Speak safely now? Has Andy Lee got your hostage at that compound? He has? Yeah.
Speaker 10: The last thing I'm going to do is speak poorly about Australia, saying it at Andy's all.
Speaker 4: Right, calls Monday when you when you're back home in St. Louis, can tell you what's the best thing you've done.
Speaker 10: I just love Melbourne so much and being able to walk around in the sport. We got to see cricket. I went to the Australian Open finals. Oh that that stuff was pretty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's amazing. Yeah, and you've seen the BBA as well then, so you took him to cricket. Was that good too? Yeah? So great.
Speaker 10: I'm a big stars right now.
Speaker 3: Tim.
Speaker 5: You know, I've been friends with Andy for twelve years and he's never taken me to the Australian Open. And he took you to the.
Speaker 4: Final and he jump off and I love this as well.
Speaker 13: Hey Jack morning, Andy to be in by standard, but suddenly my name was happy.
Speaker 5: Would thank you? Would you like me to list the things that we've done for you?
Speaker 3: Also, you introduced the idea of him working on the show, and.
Speaker 5: You got me this job. Thank you. And I don't need to go to the tennis.
Speaker 10: You're right, I think I'd rather have this job if I can take you guys are interesting?
Speaker 4: Give us your demo tape on the way. I'm always hiring.
Speaker 5: All right, Sorry to distract the show by bringing in visitors. Let's get back to it.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks. If it's okay with King.
Speaker 5: Jack, well he was just about to lose his job.
Speaker 4: All right, We're doing a knocko off Friday. Jack's already knocks off. We need what time are you knocking off today to begin your weekend? And where are you going?
Speaker 3: Let's go to Juny Good.
Speaker 9: Morning, JUNI good Christian?
Speaker 3: How are you going?
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm struggling to the show as ever, but yeah, I'm good Julie.
Speaker 14: I'm knocking off about force this afternoon.
Speaker 8: Hood down the how we have nim injoiney off to pick up my brain you holidays.
Speaker 14: Then we'll go out with my partner and travel Australia.
Speaker 3: So you're picking up a brand new Harley Davidson today.
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 4: Do you own a Harley Davidson or is this one of you a dream of yours for years?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 13: No, if we'd boys, I know iwn Harley, but this particular one is what the limousine.
Speaker 8: There's Harley that I can sit on the back end, enjoy and go trembling.
Speaker 4: So your husband drives the motorbike right, and you do the sight seeing at the back.
Speaker 14: That's the one like I usually ride as well, but this time when we do the traveling all, I'll have the cushy at the back end.
Speaker 3: And how long have you How long have you two been together?
Speaker 7: Three years?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 3: Yeh see, I've.
Speaker 4: Been married twenty one years. Here's how far my wife and I would get if we were riding, and she always buy me on the bike. We can get one hundred meters. I sand on the brakes, ain get off.
Speaker 3: It gets so down?
Speaker 4: Are you using the mirrors? It would marriage story on a motorbike. It would end in divorce. But Judy, that's amazing. Have a great time today with your by new hog. Thank you all right, cheers Judy.
Speaker 1: Will good morning, well in Christian good morning.
Speaker 3: But what time you knocking off? Mate?
Speaker 8: I've already knocked off mate. I've got a day off today.
Speaker 3: What are you doing with your day off? Uh?
Speaker 8: The usual stuff around the house to make the boss happy. And then this afternoon goes down and pick up my twin daughters and we're going to go fishing again your neck of the woods, hie so much.
Speaker 4: The fish run now in Brighton, Hey, how dare you? Okay, apart from the shopping trolleys, it get dumped in there. What would you find in there?
Speaker 8: You get all sorts of types of fish. You know. I'm just introducing my kids to fishing, so we'll be a very exciting time for them.
Speaker 5: So you stand on the beach and throw it into the ocean.
Speaker 8: We'll go down off of Jenny.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know where you'll be. Okay, right, okay, have a lovely time down there with your twins. Okay, we'll do it.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Now, good morning, mist Yeah, I'm pretty good. Now you sound like you're calling from the cockpit of an aeroplane doing the tannel announce him.
Speaker 3: But now, what time do you knock off today? Mate?
Speaker 9: I've got a right knock off to it all. But I'm excited for themthingtel, I.
Speaker 3: Think I understood that. Are you singing?
Speaker 4: This is a new feature, by the way, male says something. Everyone calls in the tron workout what she said? Are you singing in a pink tribute band?
Speaker 11: Correct?
Speaker 13: I am right?
Speaker 3: Now? What do you call?
Speaker 4: Because often tribute bands have some sort of very slight variation on the artist's name for legal reasons.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 9: We're called Living Pink.
Speaker 5: It's not a great one, is it.
Speaker 3: It's always right?
Speaker 4: Okay, it sounds great, thanks doctor Phil. And that that always works? Isn't it insult someone? Are you going to loads away?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: It's a jackie you look?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: That always works? Really well? Where is the gig in case people want to come and see you tonight?
Speaker 1: It's at Dorset Gardens Hotel in Croydon.
Speaker 3: All right, have a great.
Speaker 5: Show and Mel pink a whole lot of acrobatics during her show. Do you do anything like that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Look, I mean I can do a couple of cartwheels and whatnot myself, but I don't have any professional riggers.
Speaker 14: So that I can speak from the dealings.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately it's in a pub.
Speaker 4: She's only doing like acrobatics and a light show and some of that. All right, man, I'm sorry about this. This hasn't gone as well as we wanted to. But thanks for calling him.
Speaker 6: Jo.
Speaker 3: You need to calm down. Don't sound like your.
Speaker 4: Dad's here showing off in front of your friends. There's nothing worse when your dad shiding it up. Don't come around here showing off in front of your friends.
Speaker 5: I promise not to talk to the next call.
Speaker 3: Let's keep there going for twenty twenty. Let's go to Mikayla good morning morning. I'm knocking off at five and then I'm going to the Strangler's Concert Forum. Oh yeah, they're playing the forums or not? They're here in Australia?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Do you promise not to speak? Okay?
Speaker 4: If you're spoke it to a four back talking to callers directly? And is it the full band? Is it Hugh Cornwall and the whole Stranglers? It's the whole band? Yeah, awesome, that'd be a great show. They're still being live. I enjoyed that tonight at the forum OKEDA. Thanks good and have a nice week.
Speaker 12: Can can you play some more of their music?
Speaker 3: That would be awesome please?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: I mean, what else could you call a pink tribute band?
Speaker 9: Ah?
Speaker 5: You should have asked me before the ads. I could have come up with three great names.
Speaker 4: I can't drop back into my head. Now, what would you call if you're in a Pink tribute band and you can't call it pink for legal reasons?
Speaker 3: What are you plink.
Speaker 7: What's her real name?
Speaker 5: Pink? One? A two? Who Alisha?
Speaker 7: Isn't it who? Pink?
Speaker 3: I know it's Diane.
Speaker 5: It's Alicia Moore.
Speaker 3: I think just start the rumor that she's really called Diane.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connor's fifty thousand dollars your bills furniture, and she got the homes for fifty years.
Speaker 4: Well, in the last twenty four hours, loads more bills have been coming in. Paying off your bills Gold one if four to three dot com dot au. Late last night got one about a Doberman that needs to be d sex. And that's the kind of late night reading I love. Who knew it's more expensive to get a dog that's only got one cracker than if it's got two.
Speaker 7: How soon I've got to be half priced because it's not as much more.
Speaker 4: All right, then, let's call one of you up right now and pay off your bills. All you have to do is pick up. But the first thing you need to do. It's got a website. Tell me about your bills. God one four three dot com dot au. Let's try somebody live right now. You put them through it makes gone now.
Speaker 1: Hello, hey Leanne, Hello Christian?
Speaker 14: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good, Leanne, lovely to talk to you.
Speaker 14: Thank you, lovely to stay to you.
Speaker 3: Now you're on the roads. Is it all safe for us to have a chat?
Speaker 14: Yes, I've got hands free, so I fine.
Speaker 3: Good? And where are you off to work? Right now?
Speaker 14: Not to work?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What do you do, Leanne?
Speaker 14: I work for the government. Any more information and I'll have to kill you.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 3: We okay?
Speaker 4: And you need a bill paying off one thousand and one I didn't finish it a bit. Really, you might work for the government. We're just easy.
Speaker 3: One thousand, one hundred and six dollars and fifty cents. And then what's that for the Anne?
Speaker 14: You can talk now, that's for my counsel rate.
Speaker 3: Right, okay. And you've got other bills that need paying off as well. I do.
Speaker 14: I have to have major gentle work, so any little bit would help.
Speaker 4: Now, when you're saying major dental work, as we're chatting to you, it seems to me that everything's fine. We can hear you loud and clear, so the mouth is working, okay. What do you mean major dental work? Is it a government thing where you have to have all your teeth ripped out and they replace them with ai T so you can control your thoughts.
Speaker 14: No, I actually had an absence someone, so that have to be extracted. And I need triple crowns and new bridges. And you know that's why dentist smile a lot because of the money you need.
Speaker 5: It works by the said of it, getting a little bit of everything.
Speaker 3: It's a full kind of a mouth renovation.
Speaker 4: You haven't done there, you know, Kevin McLeod come around to do a TV show on grand designs.
Speaker 8: I'll smile a lot, you will, you will?
Speaker 4: All right, Well, listen, we will pay off your one thousand, one hundred and six dollars and fifty cents council rate bill.
Speaker 14: Oh yay, thank you Christian.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful, my pleasure.
Speaker 3: Leanna. What are you up to this weekend? You've got anything nice on?
Speaker 14: Yes? I have on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Don't want to give you any more details. She tells you have to kill you, the old lady in black. She can't get any more details? Can I ask you? If any details? I want you up to tomorrow? You a special day or is it secret?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 14: No, just don't say my grandchildren.
Speaker 4: Ah, but you're a great grandmother as well. Yes, let's hope they're not inherited your mankey old teeth.
Speaker 3: All right, yeah, I'm joking. Yeah, and have a lonely weekend. You take care, Thank you.
Speaker 14: So much, and thanks for paying my bill.
Speaker 1: Christian, Hey this place.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Take it The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: As often with this show, there's a show that we're doing on air, then the stuff off air as well, especially when Patsy's involved in the nine hour. We let Patsy come in and hang with me and Jack. She's released from the newscage and she's been good, and we get all kinds of conversation, don't we We go all over the place. Just now, I was talking about that whistleblower who Patsy aborted was dead in China, about the coronavirus.
Speaker 5: We clarify things that were in her news.
Speaker 3: We have to do this a lot.
Speaker 4: When she announced it was illegal to drive barefooted in Victoria and all of Medwyn Cordin going it's not used to be. Now the whistleblower you announced this morning is dead. As an all news media out the stuff. The whistleblower is suddenly dead, but you said he's alive again.
Speaker 5: He's made a miraculous recovery.
Speaker 7: They've come out to say no, he's not, but.
Speaker 4: They're just going to the China arguments that they're holding up a glove puppy. But weekend up, Bernie, I'm gonna have a great weekend. Take China's word.
Speaker 3: He's fine. He's not dead.
Speaker 4: He's a very naughty boy, all right, Tyler, today's show is shut up and rub have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much all the support for Heroes Gold as well, especially this week. Over the last couple of weeks. Whenever we've asked for your help, you've done everything way beyond as well, whether it's naming it or helping us design it and now buying it, you've smashed all our expectations. The initial runs sold out within about forty eight hours and you're still selling it now in pre order, so you can still do that. Thank you very much, Gold one I four three dot com dot AU. Have an awesome weekend. We'll see you Monday.
Speaker 1: Christian Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast