Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: My wife is an habitual offend or driving around with the fuel on red in reserve. Yesterday finally caught up with her. She run out of fuel. Christ. I know it's bad for the car, but I also, like your wife, loved that cheeky little thrill I get from running around with that fuel light on. Will I make it? We'll just answer ustrike while it rush. So when I know your story is about running out of fuel? Nine four one four one oh four three, And I come home the last time I saw people pushing a car that run out fuel to new cars. Now that you can't do that or we're not supposed to, you know what, you used to see it a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean I remember with my first car, I pushed twice yes to.
Speaker 1: Get it going. Sometimes as well is going to go all right? Nine four one four one oh four three. Come morning, Bob, ah right question, Good morning Bob. So running out of fuel? Where did you run out fuel? Mate?
Speaker 3: I was in the UK on the eighth thirty long sweeping hill and I actually ran out of fuel halfway down the hill, but luckily there was a total petrol station right at the bottom, and I actually ran drifted into the into the petrol station and actually stopped beside the pumpel.
Speaker 1: It down there, using the momentum of the hill. Yeah, that's a perfect place to run out. Actually, perfect timing. Really, that's great.
Speaker 3: For the last time.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Bob, thank you very much for cool. I have a good day. Let's got a Chris here, good morning? Sorry, hello, hello there, Chris. Chris, where did you run out of.
Speaker 3: Fuel in my driveway years ago?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Yep, I had plenty.
Speaker 5: I thought I had enough to get to school my kid to.
Speaker 4: School the next day, and no, I couldn't get out of my driveway.
Speaker 1: So what happened then? You couldn't even just start the car?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: And it was this the perfect time with the kids in the car, ready to go to school, to school.
Speaker 6: Run yeah, lift in this relationship, I pulled her over, Chris.
Speaker 1: You don't have to answer any questions until a lawyer is present. Okay, games over, Now it's going to Ray, come on and raid.
Speaker 2: Hello, Christian.
Speaker 1: How I am I I'm good? Ray? This is more like it. Ray, Where did you run out of field? Mate? What happened?
Speaker 2: I ran out in the Burnley Tunnel in a big game worth semi trialer many years ago.
Speaker 1: This is ruining, This is impacting thousands of people.
Speaker 2: If there was people killing up for bloody kilometers behind me, and when they were flowing gods and passed and there was many fists waving as.
Speaker 1: You should just hide at the bottom of the habit. You just walk off, leave it there, find another job, go into a witness protection And how do you fill up a big truck like that? Normally just a normal sort of car. You get the little can. What do you need to do?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: Funny that particular morning, because I've got we had four big fuel tanks on the truck. I rang up my employer, they rang up the local kill were feeler in Lebanon who brought me out of forty four gallons fuel and.
Speaker 1: We bigs nods and on that. It's actually a slide, a kid slide forty four gallons. That's huge.
Speaker 2: So that's how we we pumped it into the into the fuel tank and we managed to get it started and I yeah, we got down in So.
Speaker 1: How long were you blocking the Burnley Tunnel?
Speaker 5: Were stopping for an hour?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? And it was this in the morning or in the afternoon rush hour.
Speaker 3: Take out.
Speaker 1: Oh classic story that lansa plenty. This is the gino'connell show podcast right now. Your story is about where did you run out of fuel? This happened to my wife yesterday. Finally, years and years living in that red Can you live like that? The stress? Christian? You were asking can you push a car because you don't see it much these days? You don't because with automatic cars you can't do it, doesn't work. You can only do it with a manual transmission. Come on, Cherrard in Macedon, Christian, I was cruising to Gisbone. Range came up to zero, I had zero left and I knew I had about fifteen k to make to the sovo. Get this. I made it to the edge off the soo. How to go and buy a five liters can so I could drive eight meters to the park. Brad, that's great. Good morning Christian about work. This is a Natalie Common and Natalie, my mum is in her own words, a very strong, devout Christian. And on both occasions she has run out of petrol. She's been on a hill of sorts and rolled into a petrol station at the bottom of the hill. She always says, the Lord works in mysterious ways. I just say it's dumb luck. I love that, Natalie Christian. Many years ago, my husband used to run out of petrol all the time. How can you do this all the time? One occasion, he ran out of petrol the end of the freeway. He wondered about three hundred meters away to a servo with a Jerry can. I waited patient in the car. I happened to look in the rear visionary and a notice that behind us very long cue. Right behind us there was a funeral procession in the hers. There was only one exit lane, and nowhere to go. I was so mortified. I slid down in my seat and waited until my now ex husbands broke up in that car. He just left. I could see he was just having a lovely long chat to the servo attendant. No rush whatsoever. The funeral directors were waving their hands around all over the place and booping their horns. I don't think they're allowed to beat their horns. I don't know if you. I've never forgotten the shame. That's from Michelle b Anchor. Good morning, good morning, Good morning, be anchored, so running out of fuel. What happened?
Speaker 4: Oh, my husband bought a new boat and decided, nice day, go out on the bay. Wonderful launch the boat cruising along. All of a sudden they had a fuel The boat stopped. We had to paddle into shore. Finally made it to shore, missed all the rocks at the end of Oliver's Hill. They're on the point. I had to jump out with the fuel tank, walk up the hill and walk into a school as to use the phone so that my little brother could come and get me so I could get more fuel.
Speaker 1: So where do you go to get more fuel if the boat's run out?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: You have to put the oars in the water and paddle like crazy to get to shore.
Speaker 1: Bloody hell, what a nightmare. Never even thought about that. I wanted. That happens with jet skis as well, where suddenly they're hammering around them. Thank you very much the story, No worries.
Speaker 4: Have a great day.
Speaker 1: Let's got a Jason, Good morning, Jason, Good morning guys.
Speaker 5: Hey, my stories from a long time ago. Oh, I had a beat up old car, used to ride the wire a little bit, and they had a lot of money to leave it out the front one morning, I get up, it's gone, someone's stolen it. Funny thing years on they got around the corner because it ran out of field.
Speaker 1: I would have loved to see that idiot's face. Oh go believe the girl for crying out loud. How can they live like this? Jason, very good story, Thank you very much. Let's get new mate, Let's get a Deborah. Good morning Debs. Yep, yep, yep, yep, good morning, depths.
Speaker 5: Could you hear yes, I can hear now.
Speaker 1: You went out of fuel?
Speaker 3: Yes I did.
Speaker 2: I was in a Victorian police force at the highway patrol officer and run out of.
Speaker 1: Fuel in the police car.
Speaker 4: In the highway patrol car.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, you went after someone.
Speaker 3: No, no, no. We were up at the COVID lockdown at the Chica.
Speaker 2: We were driving to the Obama.
Speaker 4: Bridge to start our shift. I got a little bit out of the.
Speaker 2: Dilemma and run out of fuel.
Speaker 1: It could even happen to the police. I feel better now, well, that's all right.
Speaker 4: But the funniest thing was that the next morning got up and there was a Jerry canspitting on the top of my car.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the question you know Carl's Show podcast