Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 2: Friday. Oh my god, it's here.
Speaker 3: Happy Friday.
Speaker 4: I don't know about you, guys, but I am heading a straight after Hamilton Island.
Speaker 5: No, Britt, we're not going. What a ridiculous thing to say. I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to handle to my island.
Speaker 6: I know she really just rubs it in, doesn't she. I'm going home to clean my bedroom.
Speaker 4: Going that statement, I'm going home to clean my bedroom. Make she sound like you're twelve and you've got to like your mom's making you go home to clean your home.
Speaker 6: But the problem is I'm not twelve, and so my mum doesn't clean my room and I'm the only one who will do it, and I've been putting it off for weeks.
Speaker 3: Friday night to night.
Speaker 5: You guys, did you, guys when you're a kid, change where your bed was and like your drawers were in your room just so it felt like you had a new apartment.
Speaker 2: Room knew me. I'm walking in town. I'm like, oh, I'm in New York.
Speaker 3: I'm literally just putting my clothes away. I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, Julian Morris is here to wrap up.
Speaker 3: The show glorious and we love her.
Speaker 5: She's so funny and she's If you didn't know, she's gone through a major divorce and she has never spoken about it before, but she's doing a new stand up show where she's going to shed light on how tough it's been for the first time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we're going to ask you some of the questions around the show, but also around her divorce and how she handled it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see a different side of her.
Speaker 5: I think you've been going through a tough time, you know, speaking of I also have been going through a bit of a rough patch. This is no serious you know. I sort of stray away from this kind of stuff. It's not very me.
Speaker 3: You don't do serious very well.
Speaker 5: I don't. But there's been some stuff happening in my personal life that you know, I have to talk about and I want to talk about. It's been a rough time with me and my relationship, and I want to bring it to the air and we'll do it coming up on the show.
Speaker 3: We're really proud of you, man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll get my best shot. It's on the way here at the pickup. Thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today great Savings every day. It is to pick up around the country Friday afternoon. Britt, Laura and Mitch here right now, get half price of cosmetics across the Maybeline, Revelon, Rimmel and Nude by Nature Ranges, all at Chemists, Warehouse Ladies. Our next guest we've had on the show before.
Speaker 3: We love her Australian icon, very very funny.
Speaker 2: The one and only Julia Morris is.
Speaker 1: I do you know I'm going to ring in every day because nothing feeds the validation that I'm not getting in my life. I speaking to you, guys, I love it.
Speaker 3: We're not good for a lot, but we are good to pick you up.
Speaker 1: You are good for loads of stuff. Let me tell you. You give me lots of joy.
Speaker 2: Jules tell me the new show seventy five years in the business. I feel like I've got to say that seventy five years in my business. That's not true, you liar, seventy true.
Speaker 1: It's it's so true. Look you guys, in the show is industry. You will have done many, many different jobs. Mass is not my strong suit, but of all the jobs I've done, it literally adds up to seventy five years in the business. You can't expect to hear stories you couldn't have thought you were going to hear, and you can expect lots and lots of laughter. If the opening weekend is any indication.
Speaker 6: Julie, I heard in this show you're speaking a little bit about your divorce that happened last year. Is this part of what makes up the show content? And is it the life lessons or what part of this is what you're sharing?
Speaker 1: Oh? What am I sharing? I'm sharing? All I know is that there's jaws dropping the floor. I don't want to feel the fear of people finding out about my life, so I've written the tour about it, and see, yeah, that's the last bastion of the fear that I would have from the past.
Speaker 4: Well, Julia, sounds like it's a bit of a therapy session for not everyone but you as well. But I remember we had you on a whole little while ago. Now we had you on the show and we talked about the fact that you were like, I am never having sex again after my divorce. I'm not going to date again.
Speaker 3: I'm not getting back out there.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like you've come I've done enough work yet to get back on the apps.
Speaker 2: Do you think the times.
Speaker 1: Can I never No.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: When you hear part of the story, you'll see why I am scared off from my own judgment. I honestly, I feel like, hand on heart, this is it. I don't feel like I'm going to come up and out of it. I've done years of therapy, I you know what, just not hearing that I need to lose weight, not hearing that I'm lazy, and not hearing that I need to get out and work more because we don't have enough money. That stuff is over and I do not trust my judgment that I wouldn't choose another person like that because I didn't really see it for twenty years. If I didn't see it for twenty years and then all of a sudden everything became apparent, then.
Speaker 6: No, this is what you were dealing with in your relationship, Like being spoken to in that way.
Speaker 3: That's that's horrible tonight on.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, here's the thing. You're only willing to take what you're willing to take, do you know what I mean? So that kind of does partially land at my feet.
Speaker 6: Not because things become normal over time, and sometimes you can be exposed to a certain behavior. You can be in a relationship for so long that you don't even really know anymore how unhealthy it is, but you know that your self worth has gone down the gurgle totally.
Speaker 1: It's funny because my work life, you know, I always knew that my ex was controlling, and that was something that we were they're everybody. Everybody knew. We knew, he knew, and it was something he was working on. So that's great that he's working on it. He could just work on with someone else. That can happen when you have a partner that doesn't work. So what you are constantly trying to do, I think, and this is way too serious for the this is not the comedy show.
Speaker 7: But what you do is you bend and stretch and adjust to make sure that person doesn't go down the emotional drain. If that, you know, because while things just kept happening for me professionally, a.
Speaker 1: Better, better, better, better better. That also can make those around you, you know, maybe reflect on their own contributions in life or their own missed out opportunities. So and that's the partnership that entered into I. You know, we were husband and wife, and when I spoke to all of my friends, they're like, oh god, I could never do anything right or you know, anything I say he says is wrong, and so I just thought, oh well, it's everyone, yeah, everywhere.
Speaker 5: And also, you were a partner like that, and they give you one nugget of something that you need a bit of validation. You go, you see the potential in them, So you stay for another few years, They'll give you one cycle.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, there's there's my partner back. Yeah. Yeah, as we don't notice the other bits. And of course, you know, I confronted him many times, just going, you know, you were pretty mean last night. And so it's not like I was copying it sweet, I was giving it back. I've got nothing to lose with my honesty. You know, that's that's fear. I mean, a couple of weeks ago, I had Verdigo, So there's a little crystal in my ear that went naughty and went into a wrong part of my ear. Now that launched, I'm not exaggerating. They would have launched about forty stories online. So you definitely get more and more and more private as the time goes on, because you're like anything I post on LORL, it's going to turn into something.
Speaker 6: But there's also an amazing amount of power in taking back your story and saying it yourself. And I think you know, I mean, thank you so much for sharing so openly, even just with us today, because you have we've spoken to you in the past. And I think when someone goes through a divorce or they're single again, almost the default is to be like, well, when are you going to get it back out there? But understanding the reasons why being in a relationship is not for you now and working on yourself, which absolutely should be the priority after the relationship you've been through, like thank you for sharing them, because so many women feel that it's.
Speaker 1: Just such a pleasure. It's also women I think in and around my age have not been big sharers. I know now that there's a generation of women that women my age have raised who feel it's okay and safe to come out and say I've hit these are my boiables, this, this is my brutal honesty. What I definitely need to do for the moment is just focus on getting my perfect children to the next stage of their lives.
Speaker 3: You're an incredible woman.
Speaker 6: Sometimes the best relationships you're gonna have it with yourself, and also with your kids, and I think this is so powerful, and I know that there's so many women, not just in your age group, like, there's so many women who will relate to this.
Speaker 2: They are Yeah, thanks my pleasure.
Speaker 1: I love you, guys.
Speaker 3: Oh, we love you.
Speaker 5: We'll go and see Julia seventy five years in the business. The tour tickets run saldow Livenation dot com, dot you, we love you, Jewels talk soon, Love your girl, Julia. All right, stand by next on the show you know What. Inspired by many things, Julie was just saying, I have an announcement to make and we'll do it next on the Pickup. It's a pick up Friday afternoon. Britt, Laura and Mitch here head into chemist ware House today. Great savings every day. I am gonna have to lean on YouTube for a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, you know we're here.
Speaker 2: If you don't mind.
Speaker 5: I'm going through a pretty awful breakup, first breakup of my life. I've never been through anything this hard in my entire existence. It was my first love. It's been five years together. We went to ballet together and I don't know, I just wanted to talk about it. And I will start with the fact that what has helped me get through this period that I've never been through before is hearing other people's stories and stories that I could relate to. Everyone thinks heartbreak is so unique to them. I go through it and I go, I've never felt this much pain, And I call Britt and she goes, I have, And I talk to Laura I have, and then you go on TikTok and so many people have. So that's the reason I just hate talking about myself in this capacity. So I want to preface it by saying I was helped by other people stories, which.
Speaker 3: Is why you want to talk about it.
Speaker 6: Well, I think as well, Mitch, like you're so on this show and in life, you are always the funny beacon, and you're always the one cracking jokes and bringing the comedy. And I know when you're going through something quite hard in life and you're not feeling happy on the inside, but having to show up and be happy all the time on the outside, that really takes a toll as well. And seeing you going through what you've been going through the last couple of weeks and not being able to talk about it because you weren't necessarily there yet. Yeah, We just wanted to say how proud we are of you that you know you've made this decision as hard as what it is, but also that you feel like you can share it with everyone and not just ask, but you can share that with Australia.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I mean, I just think part of the reason it was so hard is that it came as a massive shock to me. I didn't think this is where the relationship would go. I'm not going to go into the details, but yeah, of course not. I was blindsided completely, and we just both had different pictures of where we saw our relationship in the future, and ultimately I had to make the decision to walk away. And I mean, we've got a house together, Like the joke is, and you're so right, it's hard when you're comedian and entertainer. You want to go to that place of humor to just mask it. But it does feel like a mid level heterosexual divorce. Like I feel like I'm in a divorce. I've seen my auntie and uncles go through this shit. I never thought i'd be here and we weren't even married, but I mean I pictured our life together. I was thinking about proposing. I we've spoken about adoption, adopting kids. See like our plan for that and you have those you have that vision and the picture of your future life, and then in one night it can be taken away and it throws you. It's so hard when to end a relationship when you still love a person, because most relationships and when there's no love or we just spoke to Julia Morris, you know, and she said, you know, you put up with so much she did a relationship. You don't realize how shitty it was until you're out, and you just people live in these loveless relationships. We had so much love and that's that's where the confusion comes from and the hurt because there was so much.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean, obviously there's all the emotional stuff that you have to deal with and you go through a breakup, but like, what do you plan? You guys shared a house together, you have furniture together, Like how do you kind of decide what is next?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I mean we caught up on the weekend. I haven't seen him in weeks and we have to sit down with a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet to separate our items and we have to go. It's like the price is right, Like we're going by different values. I'm like, well, you can get the revel kettle and the smeg toaster if I can get the you know, so no sound system, Like it's awful.
Speaker 2: But what actually is awful?
Speaker 6: What's it like though? When you see him sitting in the same room having to go over a spreadsheet. Surely that's hard enough.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's it's it's yeah, it's really hard because you want to get out of this period as fast as possible. Like I want to get out of this yuck ick sadness as soon as I can so, but I have to go through this period and be civil and actually have a conversation to get there. But I also don't want to have that conversation because it's the most heartbreaking thing I've ever done.
Speaker 4: What do you think has been the hardest part of the journey?
Speaker 3: From the breakup.
Speaker 5: Context, I came out for this relationship.
Speaker 2: I was straight. I mean I was never fraighty from the outside. I was in the closet.
Speaker 5: I got into this beautiful relationship at you know, twenty two, and then it was the inciting incident for me to then come out. So I came out, went straight into this relationship. So all my experiences as a as a gay man in the in entertainment. So when that ends, my brain goes back to that moment when I started, but I was a completely different person. I was a twenty two year old, closeted kid. So I just don't want to go back there mentally, and I'm not I'm in a good spot, but it's just all that comes up, and that's all swelling around in my head, and it's it's all linked.
Speaker 2: It's a lot, and that's why I wanted to talk about it.
Speaker 5: I want to get it off because there's so many amazing, funny things that are happening. Like when we sat down to have the initial breakup chat, my neighbor I've spoken about this on the show before, was playing the flute. She's learning to play the flute, and that day she decided to learn the Simpsons theme.
Speaker 2: So I'm going, Babe, it's time, after five years, we need.
Speaker 3: To right this shit.
Speaker 2: I'm like, shut up, I'm trying to break up.
Speaker 5: My bat was awful, So it's out a way and I'm ready to grow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can feel like you can move on with your life, but now it's officially like weight off your shoulders and we can we can get.
Speaker 2: You back, sad.
Speaker 5: I still love him and I'll miss him dearly. But yeah, it's a new part of my life that I'm in.
Speaker 6: I'm really proud of you for feeling okay enough to share that with everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and thirteen one six five.
Speaker 4: If you want to date Mitch, he's available.
Speaker 5: I'm not there yet, but please accept my rayer referral code.
Speaker 2: I have thinks so much.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's go happy now. Yeah, where back after this? It's a pick up. It is a Friday afternoon pickup Britt, Laura and Mitch.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 5: Hey, f yi, half price of cosmetics across the maybe Lene Revlon Rimmel and Nude by Nature Rangers.
Speaker 2: You we're nude, right?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 3: Me a nude?
Speaker 4: No, I'm I'm nude at home, but I don't wear it out.
Speaker 6: I wear Nude by Nature Cosmetics. The the powder, ah foundation powder.
Speaker 3: It's so good, the.
Speaker 2: Best half priced chemist ware house.
Speaker 6: Now, so, my little Marley mate. She's three and a half years old. She has a best friend at daycare. She talks about her all the time. Her name's Eliza. She loves Eliza.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: I recently discovered that Eliza Marley May is best friend. Her mum is Aaron mollin No Ways, and you didn't know that my kid was like attracted to the celebrity mum. She was like, oh, which kid in here?
Speaker 4: Morley's coming home and telling Laura all this skuy news stuff like have you.
Speaker 3: Heard what's happening over in the UK? Laws like, honey, you.
Speaker 2: Know suddenly a conservative blonde woman shout a red dress on.
Speaker 3: No Aaron Mullen.
Speaker 6: She ended up messaging me on Instagram. She was like, did you know that our children are best friends?
Speaker 5: Fun?
Speaker 6: And it was like very very small world moment. But anyway, we've not met in real life, but we've been messaging on Instagram and we've been kind of like staying in touch a little bit, always about the kids, right, and they're a little cute connection and friendship. Well, last night, very very randomly, we get this message on Instagram. It was late, it was a late invite, but Aaron slid into our DMS Matt and Mine and she said, Hey, if you guys aren't doing anything tonight, do you want to come over because we're having a birthday party for a Liza.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you made an adult friend on a weeknight, weeknight at that also, I'm all here for a week night birthday party.
Speaker 3: Everyone has gone by seven pm.
Speaker 6: It's quite nerve wracking going to like even to a kid's birthday party, but you don't know anyone. We've never met her in real life, we haven't met any of her friends. We didn't know anyone going to this party. But we were like, we will do this for the kid's friendship.
Speaker 2: Right, So Marley's in the back seat excited.
Speaker 6: So excited, and we get there and we were greeted by one of the guests who was coming to let us in, and it's because Erin was a little bit caught up. It turns out that at her own party, Erin and Eliza got stuck in the lift, so the lift had made it to her floor, her apartment floor, and they were trapped inside and we were inside with all the guests and we didn't know. We walked in and we're making small talk with all Eron's friends and with the other kids and introducing them like people from DAYK who had never met before. And there was Erin just trapped in the lift with Eliza, and the poor thing could hear her party going on out of the hallway, and she was stuck.
Speaker 3: In the list.
Speaker 4: At least though you know that, like, okay, take the kids out of it. That awkward moment when you turn up to a party by yourself, right or a dinner because you've got mutual friends but you don't know anyone. It's so awkward and you're like, please someone talk to me. Or if you're waiting on your own, there's nothing worse. At least you guys had the kid, but far something to talk about, something kids running around. Imagine if you were in there on your own with a couple of other adults.
Speaker 3: But one of the things I was the belief, yeah, the host is usually there to greet you.
Speaker 6: Her, poor erin was stuck in the live Actually very shortly afterwards, the lift maintenance guy I was like, how long is some we're gonna be stuck in the lyft for We're going to have the whole party and she's going to be stuck in the lift. She's second the lift for about twenty minutes, I think, and the lift guy came and pried it open the jaws of life and there they were.
Speaker 3: Just huddled in the corner, handed themselves out in there.
Speaker 2: Did you squeeze the slice of cake through the little slip of the door. Just one cheese cracker. He's a water cracker, So keep you going.
Speaker 6: It was so They're so delightful, but it was so sad because it was supposed to be a surprise party for Eliza, but she could hear the party going on.
Speaker 3: I didn't know why she was stuck in there. But anyway we met, We've become quick and hard friends.
Speaker 6: I feel like there's nothing that's going to bind you, like having one of you stuck in a lift and having a great rescue and bonding over your three year old.
Speaker 3: Are you here's a serious question, Mitch and I with mo. Yeah, she's myneum Oh my god.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, have a fun weekend with your new b f F Laura.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys.
Speaker 4: I'm going over there mort night and I'll just go away with my BF one f just sounds fine.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna cry to myself to sleep.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll see you. We'll see you on Monday for another show.
Speaker 5: You can and if you missed any of the show this week, oh my god, but so many guests you can podcast every show this week. We met Britt's boyfriend Ben Julian Morris was on the air. It's all there on the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 2: Have a great weekend, Hi, guys, See you guys.