Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends that are Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's a big day for this today on the way online.
Speaker 3: On streets, your food heroes, the Nuffies, the earliest up on the wally, from groundsand to goods. Everyone is welcome, just not calling.
Speaker 2: For the last two weeks then we've been asking you to tell us about unsung legends that we can put on our footy Wall of Fame up on Lagon Street. It's ready for you to go and see. It looks incredible. So many amazing people that you've told us about. We'll tell you about that during the next half an hour. Who is up there and why? Before that, though, yes too, on the show there was a lot of drama. We actually had a lot of calls about what we need to do to make the unveiling work. This morning, at about quarter to eight, Lord Mayor Sully cap is coming down to part of this, which is great, but it means it's God to look great. Can't waste her time.
Speaker 4: And we didn't know, not even forty eight hours out that she would be there. So we're scrambling now to make a covering for an eleven meter war.
Speaker 2: So producer Kaitlin, where are things now? When we left yesterday, we weren't sure what was going to be made. We were looking for tall people jack side, which is a great idea of having individual curtains. They're holding a curtain in front of each artwork and then they just dropped to their knees.
Speaker 5: Yep, that's right. Scrambling is a great word to use. Thank you, cal eight more people. It just we just added, you know, maybe eight more hours to the day because we need to make those curtains, and so we.
Speaker 2: Had she's a little bit angry with you, and she was looking at you. That's okay, added eight more hours to the day, eight more hours to a day, so the producers watched a thirty two hour day. Yes, so.
Speaker 4: I thought we were just getting big off cuts from that lady who worked at the fabric That's why I thought, yeah, the broken biscuits, Yes we.
Speaker 6: Did, but they're just off cuts. They're not actual curtains.
Speaker 5: So we had to get a seamstress involved and to do eight curtains and a full black drop because we actually need to have something fully covering the wall, because we can't expect our eight tall people to just stand there for three.
Speaker 4: Hours, so fair enough.
Speaker 5: So our seamstress Tony, who is absolutely amazing, works at missus Knock.
Speaker 2: Does he work for missus Knock?
Speaker 6: Correct? Missus?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, only the finest seamstress can work for missus Knock. Sounds like a character from Thing. If you don't behave children, you will have to work with Missus Knock.
Speaker 4: She stitches you into the bak. She could be a good no.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, yeah, she comes good in the end. Who's there, missus Knock? Sorry? Carry on?
Speaker 6: So it took hours, twelve hours to complete.
Speaker 2: Our curt.
Speaker 1: On.
Speaker 2: You can do it.
Speaker 6: Tiny worked till midnight midnight last night.
Speaker 2: He worked till midnight on that sewing machine. His fingers must have been bleeding.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, he did some.
Speaker 2: Midnight for free. We're not going to pay them anything?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean we can, but then we should.
Speaker 2: You're the real missus No here, he didn't even free. But he doesn't know that. He is this right now, battling up his fingers. Michael Flatley's toes. Their fingers are floating up a minute, free missus knocking you in there?
Speaker 4: His kids are like, Dad, why did you miss my recital? Last night? I was up until midnight for the family to put food on the table.
Speaker 2: We've got to kill him something.
Speaker 6: We'll give him something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, Oh my god, awful crafty compliments that you make me occasionally for some underwhelming misser, just a compliment. Slip his name on it. Pat's that frame.
Speaker 5: The reason that it was extended also that you didn't know. Now this wall is ten meters, so we have a piece of black fabric that goes to ten meters all the way along the wall. And because it's going to it could dip in the middle. He has added these extra strong and tough tassels at the end of each side.
Speaker 2: Like a kind of seamstress no nails correct to hold it up and to keep the weight of it held up on two ladders either side. Have we all got an idea of what's happened? I have no idea. Do you actually know?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, So We've got a ladder on each side of the ten meter wall, and the one big black sheet is going to cover all of it.
Speaker 2: I've got it now.
Speaker 5: Our ten o eight tall people don't have to hold it for three hours. They will come in at the last minute. The black sheet will be pulled down.
Speaker 2: Are the two sheets. Now there's the eight individual sheets and then one over mega sheet.
Speaker 5: Correct, yeah, yeah, and then that mega sheet will be dropped right before with the when the eight tall people are in front of each frame, and then the mayor Sally Cap reality.
Speaker 2: You've got two degrees, do you understand? I think so.
Speaker 4: My idea for the eight tall people was so that we didn't have to do the big curtain. Now we've done both.
Speaker 2: An extra eight hours sleep.
Speaker 4: We need one or the other. We didn't need both.
Speaker 6: We need to make it look as sorry, we need to make it look as good as we can for Sally Cap.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I can't picture it all. My picture is Tony like a poor Rumpelstiltskin running that all my.
Speaker 2: It's put me on a downer head of today's show, to be honest, honest, see this is I want Lord Mayor to go round. See Tony now given some sort of the keys of the city or something, or a baseball cap, I don't know if they've got them in the office there, or a compliment slip that she signs like the ones I have here.
Speaker 5: No, trust me, it's gonna look fantastic. She's going to be impressed Tony Tony will be paid and he's really happy to see his work up on our go.
Speaker 2: Down that all right. Now I'm going to paint an extra frame with Tony in it by that sewing machine, and he's looking, go, wait, no money. I just assumed i'd be paint just twelve hours of non stog sewing for free. Like I said, Big day today up on the Harley. Tony was so sorry. Christian Connell Show Podcast, Patsy, do you understand what's happening with the curtains?
Speaker 7: Not an idea?
Speaker 8: Clear as mud?
Speaker 7: No, yes, or will be revealed?
Speaker 2: What are we missing, Caitlin? What are we missing about? There's a wall online on street ten meters wide, eight pictures as part of this mural, our Footy Wall of Fame. Okay, correct what i I'm lord Now, I'm gonna be Sally cap here. I'm turning up in a limousine or something.
Speaker 6: You walking, you.
Speaker 5: See amazing fanfare, there's all these it's amazing.
Speaker 6: There is a big sheet.
Speaker 8: Covering the walls.
Speaker 5: Review and then there's eight tall people standing there with a curtain in front of the big black wall eight curtains.
Speaker 2: Wait, why is there a black wall? Because if they're standing in front of it, and there's eight of them. That's the that's the shield, the buffer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we're going to bring them in last minute because we don't want eight tall people to get really tired and then drop it as the moment's about to heat.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm getting it now. I just don't get why we need both options. Yesterday we couldn't think of a way to cover the whole wall at once. So that's why we came up with.
Speaker 2: The crux of this, because if we can, if we can now have one great look at mega curtain.
Speaker 4: That's all we need.
Speaker 2: That's all we need. And then Sanny just pulls something and it drops.
Speaker 6: It doesn't look sleek in that.
Speaker 2: It's not true, Schmick. It's okay, you can say, Schmick.
Speaker 5: It is six pieces of fabric sewn together and it's purely to just cover the wall until I eight tall people walk up to the wall and stand in front because we don't want them tied so well.
Speaker 2: Then the secondary backdrop curtain falled away form gone.
Speaker 5: Only eight people standing there with a curtain each in front of them, and you still can't see the big root.
Speaker 2: Say this, I say this now a lot of moving.
Speaker 4: Pieces, and.
Speaker 2: My experiences radio more than one none of them.
Speaker 4: What we got to keep it simple. That's what we've weren't on this show.
Speaker 6: Okay, we can just do the eight if.
Speaker 4: We want to know what's going on.
Speaker 2: I support you. I'm just saying this chessboarder, there are too many pieces in here. I'm looking at eighteen nights right now.
Speaker 6: It's gonna look, Schmik, trust me, fantastic.
Speaker 2: Trust you.
Speaker 4: You just said it wasn't gonna look Schmick about a minute ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but by this breaking this is an ongoing, developing situation.
Speaker 4: So there's two curtain drops. When's the first curtain drop?
Speaker 2: That's you're right.
Speaker 5: So once we have our people down there are ready to go, and our eight tall people, I reckon, we get them in front of the wall for about ten minutes to really build the excitement.
Speaker 2: Nothing builds its on more than tall people around by some traffic lights. Wait, is there a basketball game happen?
Speaker 6: At that point we will drop.
Speaker 2: By the way. Team. You need to know this. They were struggling to get tell people yesterday and call the sponsor this monarch because the down obviously to see it today, right, you know, they provide all the brushes and all the materials and stuff like that. She rang them and go, you've got any tool people? How tall are the people that work the monic? If you've got any six shutters and make sure that you come down as well. So I think there's some some of the Monarch employees. How is Sally cat Hills?
Speaker 6: Do we know right way to integrate the client?
Speaker 2: Media records to my radio podcast by the Mic and let me talk about integration the client and the show. They shake each other's hand and making a show. Baby, it's gonna look Schmid Schmick. Maybe Christian Connell's show podcast Jack seeing something has got no idea what it was.
Speaker 4: A strange vehicle I passed yesterday on the road and I want you to help me figure out what it's doing. It's a big four wheeler. A guy in high viz is sitting on it. There's a security camera looking thing, you know, there's old style security cameras outside of banks, big square BLOCKI things that's fixed to the front of the handlebars of his four wheeler pointed at the ground and he's riding on the.
Speaker 2: Footpath ses emergency vehicle. What sand June recovery.
Speaker 4: What's the camera for? Why is that looking at it?
Speaker 2: Could be infrared at nighttime, stuff like that.
Speaker 4: I think he's some kind of footpath inspector and I don't know what.
Speaker 2: The bloody a real big footpaths. Footpaths are quite narrow, some big old four wheelers driving along. He's going to mow down old people and.
Speaker 4: Dog walkers that he was riding along the footpath. He wasn't on the road.
Speaker 2: Oh so you do you think the camera is so if he reports like a pothole or something, then they can the that can they review the footage so like they do it.
Speaker 7: Foot wouldn't they just take a photo with that though?
Speaker 4: Not like but if he's walking and it's going to take him all day, whereas he right around the whole suburbs stop when he sees a crack, it films it and then that's the why.
Speaker 2: Get the os post team to do that? They could fix it because you're driving around on those paths every single day. You have a look.
Speaker 7: I'm just enough to do though, haven't they.
Speaker 4: I'm just remembering we had a call the ones who said he was a footpath inspector by walking around the suburb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he did like twenty to thirty k day.
Speaker 4: Maybe this is robots taking his job.
Speaker 2: AI is coming all right? Does anyone know what you saw? So it's not a trike It's not all those trikees.
Speaker 4: Big four wheel looks like it should be on a sand tune somewhere. You guy in high vis on top of it, and then a big camera on the front pointed at the ground.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jackson a unusual vehicle. How would you describe it?
Speaker 4: It was a four wheel all terrain vehicle with a rider wearing high is and a big security camera looking thing on the front handlebars pointed at the footpath he was riding on.
Speaker 2: Dave, what do you think it was? What did Jack see? Dave?
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, good morning. I was walking along one.
Speaker 10: Day, walking along the footpath, and I.
Speaker 9: Saw one of these things coming at me, and I just thought it was a key mucking around. So I stood the grand and the boy didn't want to stop and nearly run me over. And when I asked him what he was doing. He's a footpath inspector. They drive along inspecting the footpaths for cracks and holes and stuff. To keep pedestrians safe.
Speaker 4: Well, he's not keeping you safe if he's almost running you over.
Speaker 2: Yes, some kind of Mexican stand up between you two.
Speaker 9: So that's exactly what I said to him. I said, how face is and why.
Speaker 2: Is he videoing it? Did they then watch it later on for fun? Go look at this? So reminding gone too quickly with the remarker crack.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm I'm sure. Maybe he's got to go back to the office and proved to his boss if he was checking the footpath and not mustering around in the park, what I'd be doing.
Speaker 2: All right, Dave, thank you very much. That's got a John. Now, John, did you used to do this? You used to be a footpath suspector yeah, I used to.
Speaker 11: Work for council. And Jack's totally right there. They're checking the footpath for safety.
Speaker 2: So I watch the camera. Do you record everything you drive around a sea all day?
Speaker 11: So basically it's got a camera on the front and also a computer on it. So as they drive along the foot path, if they see a crack or damage footpath or a tree root or something, they can hit a button and it records the location so they can come greater.
Speaker 2: I think this is like the moon rover.
Speaker 4: It's very advanced, but why do they need such a heavy, judy looking vehicle.
Speaker 11: It just makes it so much easier to get around into different areas through parks, and it says them having a footpath inspective, walking around the footpaths all day.
Speaker 2: I got you now. Someone called in John and said, not all suburbs have these. It's mainly the more well to do areas.
Speaker 11: It's more that. But they also have groups to contract it out, so our council can call up and say we want to do a footpath inspection and I'll send the guys here and I'll go and do.
Speaker 2: It independent gym's paths.
Speaker 11: It's getting in everything he is.
Speaker 2: He's doing massages now, isn't he doing Jim's message?
Speaker 4: I don't think I'll want to Jim put that one all.
Speaker 2: Right, John, Thank you very much for call Nowhereris, guys have a good one, all right. Lines are open now for prize of the week every single day for putting you in a better bed.
Speaker 12: Jimmy, Gimmy, Gimmy a king keep asleep.
Speaker 3: Beat this double bits of small our marriages on the.
Speaker 12: Break, Jimmy, Gimmy, gimme a king, yep a sleep Christian, won't.
Speaker 2: You give me a benefit for a king? It is a brand new bed king size the bass, the mattress silf as a sleep maker making sleep right here in Australia. This is Australia's number one mattress brand for customer satisfaction maker dot com dot au. This morning, you just call us up on nine four one four one O four three and say gimme the kingy Why do you forget about everybody else? Saw the other hunters going in? Why do you deserve the king? This morning you're.
Speaker 1: Listening to the Christian o'carls show podcast.
Speaker 12: Jimmy, Jimmy, gimme a king, keep asleep?
Speaker 3: Beat this double bit of small our marriages on the break.
Speaker 12: Jimmy, gimme gimme a king. Yep asleep? Christian, won't you give me a bed bitfore a king?
Speaker 2: All right? Moira, good morning, Good morning, Christian, gimme a king? E Moira, what's going on? Tell us about the setup right now? What are you and cramed in? A queen?
Speaker 13: I'm crammed queen. Yeah, that's correct. We've got a queen by a queen base but we've got a King Madris and I've been sleeping on a forty five degree angle to the trust.
Speaker 2: You never heard of that. So you've got the Queen bass, but the King mattress, that's it's just going to be like some sort of hat over the top of.
Speaker 4: It, drooping over the side.
Speaker 13: Yes, you can just imagine a forty five degree angle.
Speaker 2: How have you ended up in this situation? Can ask? What was someone getting rid of a mattress or well, that's it.
Speaker 13: My original the original match.
Speaker 14: I moved in with my.
Speaker 13: Partner and the original mattress was like hollow, so you can imagine one of them that's been worn out for probably many years. And then we went to like a garage style and just picked up a King mattress, thinking that we'll get it news we get around.
Speaker 2: To it ground it start with the mattress and build down. And how long how long has this been going on?
Speaker 15: Probably two years?
Speaker 4: You've been Yes, do.
Speaker 2: You ever rolled out onto the floor.
Speaker 11: This way?
Speaker 13: I've got some strain dreams going on, you have?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're in quick sound all right, Mayra stay there, it might be you lovely chance. Heret's got a justin now come on and Justin.
Speaker 10: Give me and the king anybody please?
Speaker 2: What's happening? Justin?
Speaker 10: Oh, make a similar story of what you had before X missus May and her courting for a little while, I'm sleeping in that very bed. I had a king sized bed, mind you. Then we moved in together, and then it all had to go because any chance of anyone being that bed previously was was not happening. So unfortunately I was made to sell it.
Speaker 2: I never thought about people stunting relationship. And a part of the stuff you the get.
Speaker 10: Of is the bed, exactly. And the thing was, it was a brand new mattress, literally brand you know. I could prove it and everything. And I was single for three years before I met her, and it just yeah, it just went south.
Speaker 2: And joy, So what are you in now, Justin? He's still with him.
Speaker 10: So no, no, no, no, no way, you've broken up with it. I should have made the right choice in the first exactly. No, no, no, I'm in a cueen's eye. But yeah I'm six four.
Speaker 2: Oh you're squished.
Speaker 10: I know that I kings I bed back. You can't go back to that after you had a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of you can't go backwards very very hard. It's very hard just and it might be you. These are more you are just and they're all lovely people. Stacey Coome morning, Stacy.
Speaker 14: Give me the kingy Christian. My husband and I have not slept in the same bed since I was pregnant with my son, who's about to turn nine next month.
Speaker 2: Nine months or nine years old?
Speaker 14: Nine years old?
Speaker 2: Nine years old? Yeah, so who's where My.
Speaker 14: Husband's got a sofa bed in the living room.
Speaker 2: No wait, not for nine years.
Speaker 14: Hey, Christian, you're like this. He's got the mattress top as to make up feel good.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, just has to put that on every nine.
Speaker 14: No, Jack, it doesn't get folded up.
Speaker 2: But it's always that living back too all the time. You will come around with the grand final. I just made that chair bed for nine years. This has been going on nine years.
Speaker 14: Al yeah, nine years and prior to that because when I'm pregnant, I ended up getting in so many Now with my first he was fourteen and so we used to swap with the couch until my mother.
Speaker 2: We used to swap with some friends. I used to sleep with them. Whatever it takes a pregnant lady to get through the night.
Speaker 14: We used to Yeah, I used to couch it, or my husband used to couch it. We used to swap.
Speaker 4: Okay, So he's the nine year old in the bed still.
Speaker 14: That's why I'm on my own. Nine year olds in his bed.
Speaker 2: On his own used to count come back.
Speaker 14: We've got a dirty old queen. So there's not enough room for the both of it. He's used to spreading out there.
Speaker 2: Oh see, this is a relationship divided. You need unity, yes.
Speaker 14: Yes, please bring unity back into.
Speaker 2: Our house, Stacy. We're going to bring him back in. That was his last night last night. Yeah, Oh my god, Christian Crime the nine ye waiter is over.
Speaker 14: Oh thank you. Sorry, that's ruined the men for two.
Speaker 2: Stacey. I'm certain I was going to itat Moira was great, Justin was great, and then we spoke to you, and it's going to be you. That's nine years and roughing it for all of you.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, this means the world, the absolute world to press you.
Speaker 2: Oh no, my absolute pleasure, absolute joy, giving away these this week. But I'm so glad that we spoke to you, Stacy.
Speaker 14: I'm so glad I called.
Speaker 2: Do you know what it's nuts actually work when you have kids what you actually put up with it and just becomes a new normal and you get so you and when something changes that you realize, actually that's been really really hard. This has been going off as well for you nine years.
Speaker 14: Yep, yep, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Besides, like last year, eld has a few guys in grace and that was amazing. But we've had a really really tough year. It a bit and it's still going. So this is just absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: Hearts. Well, well, I'm very very sorry to hear about the last year and a half. Mate.
Speaker 14: Yeah, now we'll get there. We're getting there. We're tough and we'll keep going. But this, yeah, you guys have actually brought so much joy into my world in the last year. Last year was oh, grouse, sorry, grouse, grouse. Being part of that last year was amazing too.
Speaker 2: So wow, I love you to speak to you again, Stacy, and nice to put you in a proper bed now with your husband.
Speaker 14: Thank you guys so so much.
Speaker 2: That's all right, Please do me one favor, right roller that mattress topper and been it today, okay, said the pictures ya, all right, Stacey. Congratulations, I'm so glad it's you. Okay, thank you very much to con the show and well done. Thank you all right, another one to be one you could be as happy as Stacey tomorrow on the show. All thanks to sleep Maker Mattress.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: It's all come to today the last couple of weeks, all these stories, all these people you've been telling us about, we've been asking about the unknown legends. Who should go on our mural. It's going to look amazing. It's ready today. We're calling it our Footy Wall of Fame. It's up on Lygon Street. There are eight giant frames, all the gold, gold, sort of gilt edged frame like get in the museum with a piece of art up there. The piece of art is actually all the legends and a foreign to keep forget about the forum, but anyway, I guess it is a big style part of footy. So all the people that have been invited down for the unveiling today, we've got an official unveiling that's going to be happening about twenty five minutes time. By the way, if you're near lying On Street, go and watch it today in the next twenty minutes. Rio is going to be there in about five minutes time, Lord Mayor Sally Cap is going to be there in about twenty minutes time. She's now coming down to open it, which is why the last couple of days there's been a sort of fever of activity because Sally Cap only confirmed forty eight hours ago. So we've been trying to work out how we get the giant curtain. Normally, when someone unveils or open something, they put a string in something. That's what maybe a meter max.
Speaker 4: Sometimes small little cis.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Was this is because there's eight frames, there's ten meters wide. So I'm not making up when I said that there was a man sewing until midnight a seems toress called Tony who works with a mysterious Myths. It's knock. I'm not making anything up. He really was it. It got dropped off. Do you know it's dropped off here after midnight?
Speaker 4: Oh, this ten there's been a frenzy of activity. See what it was like.
Speaker 2: All going to happen or not happen during the next twenty five minutes partsally, what's happening with you this week? At home?
Speaker 7: Something's happening with my twenty ages, Like someone's taken my daughter away.
Speaker 2: And she officially switched to teenager when she's thirteen in June. Oh wow, the transition tell you what I feel like. I'm going to enjoy the next couple of years. I'm going to grab a big old bag of popcorn. I'll be here for you with my feet up, laughing, my asshole a fetal position.
Speaker 7: Something's happened to her.
Speaker 9: Every get real.
Speaker 2: Friend, there's Perrington and then there's teenagers.
Speaker 7: Yes, well, every day when she gets home a new thing has started jack where she opens the fridge for a snack and we'll just stare at it for like minutes, thinking something magically is going to appear from the day before, like I don't know, some eight course meal or something for it.
Speaker 2: That that that hour when they get back, they're tired and they're hungry. They're hungry is heavy. The other week, Lois came back from school and she opened the fridge and then she sort of rummaged around. She slammed the fridge door. Shrimp. So when did this family become an ingredients family and snack family? I'm like, what did you just say?
Speaker 4: I didn't even know there were two types of family.
Speaker 2: Who can be that angry and articulates such a great burn. It was just like, wow, that English is doing what it's called. I just want to become an ingredients family, and I'm a snack family.
Speaker 4: I do know that feeling that when you're so tired, you need one thing to open and that's it. Any people ingredient.
Speaker 2: Haven't made it all together, okay, you need so much to have done it, or you haven't got the energy to put. The bread's there, the butts there, the meats there, the salamis there, the mayonnaise is there.
Speaker 7: Also, never satisfied with what's in there, never ever satisfied. So then she'll pick up the cordial jug have a swig straight out of the jug. If you don't.
Speaker 2: The teenagers still do that the seventeen or nineteen.
Speaker 7: It drives me nuts.
Speaker 2: They've got no shame, savages. I just look at me, old man.
Speaker 4: Take this ingredient's family and then more off.
Speaker 7: And I'm in another room and I can hear the fridge like beepepeep.
Speaker 2: I'm like close the fridge.
Speaker 8: Were you born in it?
Speaker 2: I know how I'll eventually have my stroke slash heart attack. You're hearing that the door or the freezer shut.
Speaker 7: It and leaving lights on with the other thing. Everything in the other end of the house last night was on and she's not even at that.
Speaker 6: End of the house.
Speaker 2: The worst thing is, I remember being a kid. Do you remember in that age, and you thought your parents were so dull caring about this was so square, was even costious about ten cents a week if I left them all on. We did it in science. And now suddenly you overhear yourself saying all those dull things that your parents used to get upset about. More on this eight this morning. By the way, I've just suddenly realized we've suddenly morphed into one of our new features, signs You're a grown Us, where you actually find that you get mad about lights being left one on the fridge, store being open.
Speaker 1: We Christian Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're about twenty minutes away for the official unveiling of this.
Speaker 3: Online on streets, your foody heroes, the Nuffies, the earliest up on the Bawley, from groundsman to goods. Everyone is welcome, just.
Speaker 2: Not calling a right. Rio is in position by this murial that's been painted over the last week that's about to be unfound by law Mayor sunny Cap in about fifteen minutes time. Rio Are you there?
Speaker 16: I'm down here, Chris, youa have just gotten out of the cart. Where are at the Footy Wall of Fame? Here on lig On Street. People, it's like it's winter. There's a lot of people with beanies, hands in their pockets, a lot of very curious heat.
Speaker 2: Wait for me, it's so cold.
Speaker 16: The first thing that strikes you when you get here is it is huge. It's so whatever you had in your head, it's so much bigger, like, I don't know, ten meters is massive. It's taking up this whole wall of this building. It's monumental.
Speaker 2: And describe the curtain scene at the moment for the unfailing from the almost That.
Speaker 16: Is why I sort of stopped there because look, look it's covered.
Speaker 4: It is going to be It's.
Speaker 2: What are you not saying it's bad? I'm saying you're saying that we.
Speaker 16: Had what Caitlin described it sounded quite grand. It did almost sound like it would be something from a theater, you know, hanging from the rafters, this beautiful curtain a gantry exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: It is like a scene, you know, where they put that thing up before they shoot horse.
Speaker 8: It's just kind of like I did.
Speaker 16: There was a big scramble as I was getting out of the car, a lot of people attending to the wall. It is now it's a scene, isn't it. Yes, it did remind me of that. It's just taped to the wall. So the sort of grand.
Speaker 11: The wall.
Speaker 4: And then if you peel the tape off, is the paint going to come off ruined the mural.
Speaker 8: Well, we'll have to wait and see about that.
Speaker 2: Basically, what you're saying is it looks like some trade's are doing some painting on the house and just put some tarp up on the wall.
Speaker 16: I would say, some very talented, very artistic trades.
Speaker 8: This isn't just any sort of done da Vinci.
Speaker 4: Exactly this for twelve hours sitching this together, women.
Speaker 2: Just ripping into shreds.
Speaker 16: No, it looks great, Tony, Oh my god. The seams, stressing work.
Speaker 2: The scenes, the seams are spot on. It's just the whole Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 8: Not quite as grand.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 8: I guess as you.
Speaker 2: In the Lord May's listen list in her limo right now, the motorcade, you know, coming along as you got turn it around, turn it around.
Speaker 16: Actually don't know where she's going to stop because it's busy, really busy.
Speaker 2: Get in the trams. Well, there is a true using public transport. It's a good look.
Speaker 4: It's a great look. It's one of the people.
Speaker 16: Yeah, there's there's like also a lot of construction going on nearby. Looks like a developing house. So we're just gonna have to have to get used to that sound as well.
Speaker 2: And not forget that, Caitlin, our producer, but the Lord may for half an hour so I could do an interview with them. You can move from Sally.
Speaker 4: This is the interview portion there. We'll get you to open the walls.
Speaker 2: All right, so rio now we can fine to everyone down who's actually going to be unvowed they are opportunally on the wall. Who have you got with you there?
Speaker 16: I've got Bruce, the Richmond superfan who wears twenty two jumpers to the game.
Speaker 8: He's the warmest man here.
Speaker 16: He's dressed perfectly for the weather because he's got all twenty four Richmond jumpers. He's got them and he's look he wears it. Well it's a it's quite bulky, but he looks very toasty. And I'm with him right now.
Speaker 2: Bruce Christian, How I am mate? Do you know what? It was a joy chatting to your son, Nathan. What a lovely dad you are. What a great relationship you've got with your son. Oh well, I have an awesome son too. You know.
Speaker 15: He's always there for me whenever I need him, and he's helpful for his mum. His mom loves him too. So yeah, he's a pretty good blake. He's always pretty popular with everyone. He loves to have a chat to.
Speaker 2: Can you believe? Can you believe what he's done? That you know in a couple of minutes that the Mayor of Melbourne is going to be well putting that mankey old top and then you're you're up there, You're painted, You're on our footy wall of fame.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm a bit nervous now. It's you know, a bit of a bit of a shock. And my work mats down. They're all they're all stressing out to They want me to take pots and send them straight to them. And I was down at Richmond yesterday getting some stuff done and buying a few things down at the Richmond not more.
Speaker 2: Them for helping me get all the names on the back of the jumpers and stuff. As I walk in the door, they all name me.
Speaker 4: Is it like buying a coffee? When you buy ten shirts, you get the next one free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need a loyalty card.
Speaker 15: Oh we get we get a bit of a disc anyway, because we remembers say that. That's pretty cool. And now, Bruce, tell me this.
Speaker 2: What is it you're worried about? What are you nervous about? How it's gonna look. You're gonna look awesome up there. You're a proper super fan.
Speaker 15: I'm expecting to be defaced by Colling supporters.
Speaker 2: Don't don't, don't give Sally caps. She's a Pies fan so.
Speaker 18: I've met her before too.
Speaker 15: Yeah, she's she's pretty nice, pretty nice front of me.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's keep it nice. If it shows up today, it's gonna be a short miracle. Seriously, all right, Bruce, we'll leave it there for now. We're going to go to the news. He's a slippery customer.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: If you're a regular listener to this show, you might hear us chatting to a young upstart rio you went, you hear a very different sound of him now he's with the Lord Mayor. I've heard the Sydney side of double degree Rio. Now hello, I'm Rio. Let me educate him, toty. All right, this is exciting. All the pieces have finally come together. Footy Wall Assemble. There is this huge wall up on lie On Street. We've been building it with you guys over the last couple of weeks. Off Footy Wall of Fame to the many great beautiful mules that we have in Melbourn, want to own one up there? This is kind of a slightly different Footy Wall of Fame, not the kind of legends that we know about, but the ones we don't know about. And you've been telling about us about these amazing people over the last couple of weeks we've never heard of before. And so they're all going to be unveiled now and you better go and see over the next couple of weeks. It looks I promise you're right. Even though we've had some fun the last two days with the unveiling and curtains and how do you get hold of a ten meter curtain pole, the actual there.
Speaker 4: We're ald up now looks brilliant.
Speaker 2: It's breathtaking, the way that they've made them. They're actually like photos of them up there. They've done incredible jobs. So i'd imagine for the people who've come down to actually see themselves immortalize up on leg On Street today, it's goning to be quite a moment. All right, let's cross now too, So Rio, have you got the Lord Mayor Sally Cap with.
Speaker 8: You, Christian?
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 16: She's just pulled up out of the car and we've got a headset on her. She's got a mic, she's straight into the action.
Speaker 8: She's ready, she's here.
Speaker 2: And she's bought the Royal fanfare with her.
Speaker 8: She has horse and car.
Speaker 2: What a pageant, What a pageant.
Speaker 18: I'd love you to follow me all day.
Speaker 19: Hey hey Christian, good morning, Pats, Hello yo.
Speaker 2: Hello, So listen, Lord Mayor Sally Cap, welcome to the show again and thank you very much for coming along to be part of this.
Speaker 18: Well, I'm excited.
Speaker 19: I can see footy wall of fame and then a whole lot of black plastic.
Speaker 4: Now come on, this is we were told velvet curtain.
Speaker 2: Listen. You know we're still living in Austair times. You know this more than anybody. Budget cutbacks.
Speaker 18: It is quality.
Speaker 2: It we got that cheap from Godfreees before they closed last night. So, Sally, do you know anything about what we've been doing the last couple of weeks hearing about unsung footy legends and that's what you're there to unveil very soon.
Speaker 18: Of course I do. I've just loved the stories.
Speaker 19: I'm a mad, feral Collingwood fan.
Speaker 2: As you know, you're gonna be down there tonight.
Speaker 19: Stories of stars like Peter Dekos. But I'm looking forward to seeing who's immortalized in this wall of fame. I you may not know this Christian, but I'm actually lucky enough to be in the big Collingwood team of the century painting. I'm a little face in the corner in the crowd, but I'm very proud of that.
Speaker 18: You're too proud of that.
Speaker 19: As the first female board member, I managed to get my nose in. So I'm excited to see who's on the on the wall and to hear some of those stories. I can see some great characters standing around here this morning, so imagine they're coming on to tell their stories there.
Speaker 2: And will you be down at the g tonight cheering on, hopeing you get your first win against the Saints tonight.
Speaker 18: You had to rub it in, didn't you.
Speaker 2: The starts of the stats.
Speaker 18: Turn up with much hope and excitement.
Speaker 2: Not going quite the way this is it, But it's only it's only game three, long year ahead of you. All right, So Sally are.
Speaker 18: You going to the Premiers?
Speaker 2: So it's all right, you're quite right. So Sally, are you going to say a few words? Have you prepared a few words to say before you unveil?
Speaker 19: They have a very long speech with me. I was told I had twenty two minutes.
Speaker 2: Yes you do. Okay, we're going to take a quick break. We're going to take a quick break. When we come back, we'll hand over to you Sally and the Lord Mayor will unveil our footy Wall of Fame. Carl and Brner.
Speaker 1: No, you're listening to the Christian o'carls show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's the Christian O'Connell's show. Over the last two weeks you've been telling us about these amazing legends, because amazing thing about footy is it isn't just about what's going on on the oval. There's so much more, so much more, and we've heard about all these legends that we've never heard of two or three weeks ago, but we do know about them now. The names deserve to be held up high and immortalized in paints up on Lygon Street on our Footy Wall of Fame. It's been painted, it looks incredible. In a couple of minutes it's going to be unveiled live on Lygon Street by the Lord Mayor Sally Cap And they very tall people cross to the scene. Rio. Are you in position, Christian?
Speaker 8: We are ready. We are in position.
Speaker 16: I am looking at eight of Melbourne's tallest people holding up eight pieces of beautiful, high quality, premium red fabric. They are all facing the wall, and they are all They must be tired because we have had them in this position for the entire ad break. So shoulders are starting to wobble, but they are still holding strong. Sally was giving them a bit of a pep talk. We came under the ads just to keep the spirits high. So morale is high everyone.
Speaker 8: There's actually quite a big crowd.
Speaker 16: I think we've probably got about one hundred people lining the streets now with their phones ready to see what is behind these red curtains.
Speaker 2: And what is the scene is anticipation, excitement, nerves from some of the people who are going to see their faces up on a wall. It is.
Speaker 16: I mean, Bruce was quite nervous Richmond fan with the twenty two jumpers. I was just talking to Doug, who kicked sixty goals in one game. He's also you know, it was a very calm character on the radio, but now he's starting to be a little bit more nervy and anxious than I had ever seen him.
Speaker 8: And so it's very quiet. It's deadly quiet.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's now handover to the Master of Semonies. Now it is you're Mayor, the Mayor of Melbourne, Lord Mayor, Sally cap Sally over.
Speaker 19: To you, well to all the people who are gathered here this morning. It is which, with much flourish and fanfare and my honor, as the Lord Mayor of Melbourne, to declare the Wall Hall of Fame officially open.
Speaker 2: Down.
Speaker 18: Yay, oh look sensation.
Speaker 2: On the spot. Reaction, Sally, Lord Mayor, what can you see at rio?
Speaker 19: I can see a lot of very unknown, awesome people immortalized on this footy wall Hall of Fame.
Speaker 18: Christian.
Speaker 19: I see a lot of faces that admiring and in wonder, and I see a lot of banked up traffic as well.
Speaker 18: So we're going to get off to.
Speaker 19: Really let people come and admire these fantastic immortalizations of the unsung heroes. And it's so lovely because it's got their names, but it's also got some fantastic stories underneath each each picture. I particularly love this Nana Olive May who chopped her son's footy with an axe when it landed. Yet it really does.
Speaker 2: In a big statue outside the g but one of the gates got the warning one. Let's have it is all right, Let's get some reaction now from some of the people are up there. Rio, Who's who can we talk to? We've got Doug or Anti Pam.
Speaker 16: Rio, I'm with Sorry, Christian, I'm with Anti Pam.
Speaker 2: Hello Christian Pam Are you by? Are you by? Malcolm? Malcolm Lynch?
Speaker 18: Yes, it looks fantastic.
Speaker 2: They're kicking that antarctica. Are you going to send him a photo?
Speaker 18: Absolutely? Absolutely, yes, yep, he wants to see.
Speaker 8: It for sure.
Speaker 2: You must be very proud.
Speaker 4: Absolutely yeah, excellent.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, thank you very much for calling the show and telling us all about Malcolm Lynch. Who else have you got there?
Speaker 8: We've also got Russell here, the son of Royce Dixon.
Speaker 2: The Okay, I'm very very good. How do you feel seeing him up there?
Speaker 17: A very out Actually yeah, were the whole family very chuffed by the the trouble you've gone to and we think it's fantastic.
Speaker 8: Really, it looks great.
Speaker 4: They all look great and they all got their own stories. So are we very pleased?
Speaker 2: Well, it's such an inspirational story. Your dad as well. I hope we've we've done him proud and thank you very much for sharing the story and trusting us with as well. I think he looks great that he deserves to be up on a footy wall of fame as well. Man, very very special man.
Speaker 4: He does.
Speaker 2: Thanks again, my pleasure. All right, re have we got the legend the teenage sensation Dougie and saw? Is he topping a ball across like we've.
Speaker 8: Got Tuggie right here ready to go?
Speaker 2: Legends? Listen, I'm great. How does it feel seeing up on the wall where you belong?
Speaker 17: Well, you know, definitely A no, no, no, unexpected of course, but oh very pleasing. See dude looking at the phone.
Speaker 4: I haven't changed the bat.
Speaker 2: We've smoothed out.
Speaker 8: No doubt about it.
Speaker 17: You know, I've still got my boys.
Speaker 2: Good looks you have you on never nesdamn Dougie, incredible scenes.
Speaker 17: No, that's right. No, No, I like to say no congratulations or the other people on the wall as well. It's anna for everyone, not just the persons themselves, but also the friends and relations and family and what have you, because it certainly goes forever. This will never never stop really, so yeah, you can grows largest to one and all.
Speaker 2: Well, well said Dougie, Thank you very much. Thanks for being part of our Footy Wall of Fame. Sounds like you've got some groups there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a couple of friends I brought on my.
Speaker 2: Family, all right, on your Dougie, thank you very much, Rio, thank you. Hello. Where the old rental crowd come from? What's going on there? Yeah?
Speaker 8: There were the people who have created a lot of interest.
Speaker 16: I think that's it's a mix of family and friends, but it's also just random strangers with coffee and people jogging by, and everyone's very intrigued by the footy wall and why there's a giant meat pie.
Speaker 2: A few emotional works about them eat pie.
Speaker 16: We actually could have we tried to get David who nominated the meat Pile but sadly couldn't make it today in the middle of do Nothing Wrong.
Speaker 2: But it stands out and out of all the jarring is all the lovely stories to talk about, it's the one with the acts that the Lord. All right, well listen, thank you very much, Rio, We'll see you in a bit. It's the it's the Lord Mersey Cap there just to say thank you and goodbye.
Speaker 16: She's just she's chatting to Bruce there are. They're getting on like a house.
Speaker 18: Much as tigers and Pie supporters can. We are, No, definitely.
Speaker 19: People are so excited, Christian, You've done a great thing here. I haven't had so much excitement since I opened our last public toilets.
Speaker 18: No Siiah.
Speaker 19: It's an awesome initiative and that sense of unsung heroes.
Speaker 18: It's really we're celebrating.
Speaker 2: Lovely Lord mar Sally cap enjoy the game tonight. Thank you very much for being part of this as well. Thank you go Pies.
Speaker 1: The Christian O. Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 2: With the Footy Wall of Fame and obviously Footy back tonight. It has been This city is amazing. I was thinking about just the last couple of months as we head towards the end of March in this early easter next week, you know we obviously we started you with the AO, right, and then there was Taylor Swift doing the biggest shows of her career, the biggest recording artists in the world. I think she seemed to become ever doing three nights at the g Footy came back, and then I keep forgetting this weekend. It is the Australian Grand Prix right.
Speaker 4: Here in Melbourne. Melbourn's on fire at the moment.
Speaker 2: And footies back, the games all over the weekend. It's incredible, all right, So lines are open? Now, what are the signs you're grown up? On nine four one four one o four three. Yesterday I actually bored my wife right. I was putting away some ham I just opened up from the fridge, and I said, you know what they an event is some kind of sticker that you have. It lives in the fridge and then when someone opens up some meat or some ham or anything really they put on when that person opened it, because sometimes a couple days later you go, you start going, do you know when you open this? You go, oh god, is it Tuesday or Wednesday? And you don't know if it's off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like bringing the used by date from the supermarket into the house.
Speaker 7: Oh it's easy though, because ham goes all slimy.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, but sometimes you don't know. That's why you need my fridge stickers where you write down with a sharpie pen that lives in the fridge as well. About the best before date, pat See what is your sign? This where you're a grown up?
Speaker 7: I am officially a grown up. May even be morphing into a nana because my nana had one of those. I was very proud of buying a handbag hook, which is like a thing you pop in your handbag, so when you're at a restaurant, you never know where to put your handbag. It's always in the road. You got to, you know, shove across the bread rolls, or it's in the road when they bring the platter out. Hook with the hand yes, and it.
Speaker 2: Just what do you stick it to under the table?
Speaker 7: It justly sits on the corner of the tables.
Speaker 2: I want that. I want that my little backpacker.
Speaker 7: Carry and you put your bag on it and it's not in anyone's way, and it's right there. I never know where to put my bag because you know how big my bag is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is like I mean your spine. It's the hardest working back bone in radio. That is the weight of that thing.
Speaker 7: Anyway, it's brilliant. My nan had one. You know, my pa was a local counselor and they had dinner in the fifty six Olympics with the Queen with thousands of other people. But anyways, the story, Yeah, lots of other people in the room as well. Because my par was on council, on regional council, he got to go as part of a delegation and they had lunch with the Queen. Nana was inside herself incredible.
Speaker 2: I've been the same room as the Queen and it's incredible.
Speaker 7: Beside herself. Anyway, she had this handbag. Cook the Queen did no Nana.
Speaker 2: Because she just thought of getting out that little hamburg and I bring everywhere with me.
Speaker 7: Because she was worried she had to watch her PE's and q's with the Queen, and so I thought, I'm going to get myself one of those, and I love it.
Speaker 4: I thought the end of that story was going to be the Queen walked past and said.
Speaker 18: Pat the design check all.
Speaker 2: Right, signs You're grown up N four one four one oh four three Christian and the strom Ari one of the biggest clues I had that I am now fishing an adult. But I was very happy to receive appliances at a Christmas gift. That's from Ari. This from Elena. When you lose your mind that they've rearranged the food dolls at the supermarket, Yes, one hundred percent. Turning off whatever I'm watching at six pm so I can watch the TV news, does anyone I don't watch the six news.
Speaker 4: You watch your night, but with my dad. Mum and Dad used to have it on every night.
Speaker 2: You don't watch it every night.
Speaker 7: I've got to watch it every night. It's part of my job to come on.
Speaker 2: You don't need to watch that lately I do. It's twelve hours before you do your news.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but you've got to know what the latest lead in a story is, so I don't repeat it the next morning. Always fresh news. We don't want to hear old news.
Speaker 2: You've got a special news notepad by it.
Speaker 7: No, just in my brain. Sometimes I do take notes in my phone though if I find yeah, I'll do that tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I remember Patsy, I once said to me, if it bleeds, it leads, correct Christian, when of your favorite songs starts popping up on this radio station. That's from Ruth Signs You're grown up?
Speaker 1: Christian Connells Show podcast.
Speaker 2: What are the signs you officially know you're a grown up? Nine four one four one o four three for Hailey looking tickets to an event where the immediate excitement quickly evaporates when you really need to organize parking, parking, and then what time do you think it's going to be over? James? When you wake up in the morning and within a few minutes you're already looking forward to going back to bed. At the end, I've actually patted the bed as I get out at like four point fifteen, goes as soon as I can be back, as soon as I can, I'll be back here. Oh the fun a grown up? I always wondering. Kids listened to show are on the school run can't wait to be eighteen nineteen or grown so and they suddenly hear us in their near future going oh God, when you're patting your bed looking forward to getting back into it, That's how brutal a day can be. Christian. I realized I was grown up this morning when I was walking my dog and yelled at the car saying, so down, you idiots. That's from dal Karen coome onning.
Speaker 20: Hello, Kareny, Good morning, Christian, Jack and Patsy.
Speaker 9: How are you good?
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show. You sound like you're already at work.
Speaker 20: I'm about to go on the school run. Actually having a laugh at what you were saying about insistening listening to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you work on the phone all day? You have a very good phone manner.
Speaker 20: Oh, thank you, No I don't.
Speaker 18: But there you go.
Speaker 2: All right, Kardin, off you go. What's the sign you've grown up?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 20: Actually, we had this conversation at home last week because it was my fifty first birthday last week, thank you. My dad came over for dinner and he walked in with this huge box that he'd wrapped, and my internal monologue was just constantly repeating, please be a whipper snipper, Please.
Speaker 11: Be a whipper snipper.
Speaker 20: And the ironic thing is, apart from the fact yes it was a whipper snipper, good times, I actually hate gardening, but you just.
Speaker 2: Really wanted that whipper snipper.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I really wanted a whipper snipper because our front lawn is pretty tall. Because my husband hates gardening more than I do. So I thought, what we need is a whipper snipper. And I put the whipper snipper together, I put the battery in it. I took it out there the next day. I whipper snipped half way through and I thought, I'm kind of over this.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: They're good for about what a foot or two of grass, and then that thing runs out and then you got to take it to pieces.
Speaker 20: Yeah, so it's sitting at the front door and having used it again, and the front part of the grass it's only half done, and the neighbor on either side, and it's like.
Speaker 2: A bad munet. Now does that you need? Can't be bothered to get that orange cord out, put it through.
Speaker 20: Come over and do it because he loves garden.
Speaker 4: You made a mistake I've made.
Speaker 20: Before, sipper snipper.
Speaker 4: You have to. I've tried to go whipper snipper, no lawn more and go I can just do the whole long with the whipper snipper, but you never get it done with my little He.
Speaker 20: Bought us a lawn mower as well, which I got really really excited about because it had cup holders.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 20: Two cup holders either side, drink bottle in it. But yeah, I don't know the lawn either.
Speaker 2: What I do with my little rechargeable electric roby is I will pick that up and hover it over the edges. My wife wasn't looking because she gets that is really I don't think you're meant to do that almost around at an angle, almost like it's a golf club and I'm drunk queuing up a drive. It's better, it's more reliable.
Speaker 20: And we've got the leaf blower as well, which.
Speaker 2: Has the mess.
Speaker 20: We've got the whole kit. But yeah, we don't like gardening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, yes, it's I'm fifty one and two weeks sign. I'm thinking that maybe I need a working whipper snipper. Thank you very much, you calm enjoy the school run? Yes, thanks, Tyrelle. Good morning, Terrell. Yes, hello, welcome to the show. What's the sign you have grown.
Speaker 21: Up having a very specific way of putting dishes in the dishwasher?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm always I'm always looking for dishwasher hack. What do you do?
Speaker 20: Well?
Speaker 21: So my husband tends to put the bowls down the bottom, and that's just that's just the worst.
Speaker 2: Face down and they get that.
Speaker 14: You couldn't be more wrong, Christian.
Speaker 2: I know what we're doing wrong.
Speaker 20: You got to put the.
Speaker 14: Bowl about the top.
Speaker 2: Cups, cups and that there well, and.
Speaker 21: The balls out the top, and then you can.
Speaker 2: Take it to a space. I can throw three mugs in there.
Speaker 21: No, because then you can't put the plates down the bottom. You can't stuck the plates like upways because the balls are in the way.
Speaker 2: Tell me this, do you organize the cutlery when I put it in? I do the knives all together, the forks altogether, the spoons all together. That way when you're grabbing them, it's all done, future youth, thanks previous you from an hour ago. And you just grab them and chucked them in the drawers.
Speaker 9: One.
Speaker 21: That's that's the next rule.
Speaker 22: Yeah, absolutely free for all yojo balls, mugs.
Speaker 4: You can find a home.
Speaker 2: You need that dishwasher, all right, Terrell, thank you very much. You cool my blazer.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian Show twenty to nine on Gold. Today's time waster for the best in show. You're off to the Cinema and Village Cinema's Gold Class Double Pass giving away the Kingies every day. This week we're looking for your bed bands. What bands are playing at Bedfest twenty twenty four. Well we look at that. It's an eighties bands. Who is it? They're a little bit tired. It's ub forty Winks silver, an old soul singer now on stage. Otis Bedding gold. Oh great, Australian band here now, oh you'll you'll remember this band. That's right. It's temper Pedic Trap.
Speaker 4: Memory Foam silver plus.
Speaker 2: And this is one for Jack and some of you as well. See Papa Roach goal. There you go, found the gold, see Papa Roach Jack. What have you got? Bed bands?
Speaker 23: Slumber Wimber, Oh, Slumber Wombers sorry good strong Stark.
Speaker 4: Gold, blue Oyster quilt, yeah yeah, silver, chance, the Knapper.
Speaker 2: Chance, The Knapper is gold, was very good. And the Sheetles Sheetles is gold plus. All right, what have you got there? We're looking for bedmans.
Speaker 1: Take some in the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're looking for your bed bands today on the TI Away Stuff Best in Show, Gold Class double Pass Village Cinemas. But they are together, that's what it's called. All right, you're ready to mark Jack dim the lights? Like I was trying to think of one. I didn't have one. My diner.
Speaker 23: Donna from John Daft Bunk Gold, What on Stuart gatt r e m Sleep SILVERA Anthony A lotta.
Speaker 2: Talk about it this week? Zz Mattress topper gold, what on? Daniel Bruce Spring Mattress silver plus the cat Nap Empire Bronze, uh mc hammock drop on Bedfred.
Speaker 23: Bronze, ac Sleepy Silver, Pillow Collins Bronze, Men without Naps Gold.
Speaker 2: All right, who is best in show? The rest of things are that great?
Speaker 4: We beat them this sometimes, Christian, we just show.
Speaker 2: You will live to regret that. Why would you do that? We're now going to be cursed with the stinkers. I'm only twenty four hours with a stink of doctor. Oh oh, he's just made it all good. Why would you say that? Doctor?
Speaker 4: If I could give us the movie pastes, I would, but let's give it. Let's give it a stew for Daft Punk.
Speaker 2: All right, you're the winner today.
Speaker 1: Look, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, tomorrow's show today? Question? What about this late entry? Can I save the time wastes for us listeners. John Duna, men in Kamper.
Speaker 4: Oh, very good, gold up.
Speaker 2: My friends after the Sirens, Dave tough luck. All right, So tomorrow's show Today Friday, Tomorrow's are gonna be the last chance you to win the very last king Eye of the week and give me the king Ey. So if you like a new, bigger, better bed and everyone deserves one, email me today Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au y you. Honestly, this has been one of the most popular giveaways we've ever done. Really seriously, this is a bigger bed.
Speaker 4: I didn't expect to hear tears today from the wind.
Speaker 2: I've forgot actually moved to tears. Husband, I've been separated. They're not separated, but they're actually separated. She's in the Bennies on the couch, has been for eight years. So yeah, why do you deserve the king Ey? Email me and then tomorrow the Naked Air, which you do it every Friday. We turn the last hour the show into a giant jukebox. We give you a theme, you pick all the songs tomorrow. It's songs that have their own title. In the opening line, there are quite a few songs that actually say the name of the song is the first line of The Beatles do this a lot. Hey jud hey dude. The other way, they just say what the song.
Speaker 18: Is, get bad, take a sad song and make it better.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure Here Comes the Sun he's being his own DJ. Basically, he's trying to get rid of people like me. Ac DC do it as well. There's something big about beginning with the title of the song. It's like a sense of urgency hasn't got time with the filler and the fluff. Spoiler alert, that's all the song's about. Songs that have their own title in the first line.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's Show podcast