Speaker 1: Laura and come on in, Hello everybody and happy Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's brit Laura and Mitch from the pickup. It is minus Mitch Misch is unwell today.
Speaker 3: But hey, Laura, I have a question for you because I'm in my wedding era, so everything that gets served to me online, everything I'm seeing is wedding related.
Speaker 1: You're at that stage where your algorithm, like your social media algorithm, just completely updates and it's just like wedding content, wedding invitations, wedding designs, wedding dresses.
Speaker 2: Everything wedding.
Speaker 3: But tell me if you think that this is super efficient and time saving or if it's just rude.
Speaker 2: There's a couple that's.
Speaker 3: Circulating online at the moment because they sent out their wedding invitations and on their invitation has all the details that you would possibly need where.
Speaker 2: To go when it is dress code.
Speaker 3: Then it has their bank details on the wedding invitation, so that people can nott worry about getting them a gift, don't.
Speaker 2: Do wishing well.
Speaker 3: It's now like you don't have to go to the ATM and get cash out and put it in a card.
Speaker 2: It is just a straight up transfer.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know that we're heading towards being a cashless society, but I don't think that you can be so like make so many assumptions that you can just put your bank details on the wedding invitation. It's pretty crazy pay for your own invite. Here it is, it was two hundred and fifty dollars ahead.
Speaker 3: But then there's part of me that's like, because I would never do it, rather roll over my own grave.
Speaker 2: But there's part of this is like, well, if I was to give cash, it does make it easier than.
Speaker 1: Going to find an atm if I was like if I was a guest, But then you also you missed the opportunity of getting the cards. And that's like one of the most special parts is going home after the wedding and opening the card and reading it and counting how much money Nana gave you.
Speaker 2: And also not very premissed. And then you make a list.
Speaker 1: You're like, well, Sarah gave us one hundred dollars, this person gave us true massina vouchers. Let's say that's what you do, so you know what you say thank you too. It takes out the romance too, doesn't it. I don't think you can do it, but hey, look something else we want to talk about. There are stages of grief when it comes to a breakup, right like, there are clear stages that people go through. And Channing Tatum he's recently gone through his own very big breakup, and he has reached a new stage in the breakup process, and that is the first trap stage.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, I hope he's okay. Great, I think he's all right. We're talking about it next on the pickup. Now.
Speaker 1: You might have heard that recently Channing Tatum has gone through a terrible breakup from Zoe Kravitz.
Speaker 3: I think there were a lot of happy people around the world because I well, because he's so many people's crush and hall pass and everyone wants to hope that there's this little bit of chance left with him. And so when he was taken off the mark and everyone was like, damn it, well now he's back.
Speaker 2: I feel like he was your hall pass for a while, wasn't he.
Speaker 3: I did super like him, Mon Ray, Yeah, I actually on the dating app.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a thing there for a while.
Speaker 3: I forgot So it doesn't right anyway, what about change Tatums?
Speaker 2: He's back on the market.
Speaker 1: He's back on the market, but everyone was talking about because he was apparently really really in love with Zoe Krabittz and he had been planning over her for a long time prior to them even being together, and everyone kind of said that when he very first came out of his breakup, he was going through like the sad Affleck phase, you know, like Ben Affleck, how he was like photographed with that terrible tattoo and everyone was like, God, he was so sad after he broke up with Jennifer Lopez the first time.
Speaker 3: It's also so sad in itself that Ben Affleck is notoriously known for just being sad. Is the sad afflet because he's because he constantly breaks up with the same person.
Speaker 1: Well, he's gone through that phase. But now our Channing Tatum has made it out alive. He's at a new phase of grief when it comes to the breakup process, and that is he has made it to thirst trap phase, where you are acknowledging that you have been broken up with, that you are on your own, and you're putting yourself back out there so that everyone knows you're single.
Speaker 3: And your viral show me how old are you? I think the thing is single and ready to mingle.
Speaker 2: You heard it first. He's viral according to show me the first trap. Okay, I'm in two minds about it, but this is what everyone's discussing at the moment. So he posted a shirtless photo of himself that is the first trap. Yeah, okay, wait for it. No, sorry.
Speaker 3: You can see his face with a beanie on it, and it's hot neck and then not even a whole neck.
Speaker 2: You can see about an inch of his trap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's not that, it's that he's there saying he's back at the gym, and it's kind of the context of what the stories was.
Speaker 2: So he was up early in.
Speaker 1: The morning and he was working out and getting all sweaty, and then he was like, the only thing about a really like big early morning workout is when it's finished. That was what the post was, and everyone's saying it's a first trap.
Speaker 3: People are pretty thirsty and dehydrated. If that's a first trap, Like you've been in the desert a long time. If this is what's doing it for you, wit, what were your first traps?
Speaker 2: Like, Oh, okay, I still do them.
Speaker 3: I still first trap for my fiance because he lives in Romania, so I just he needs to keep thirsty as well. When I went through my breakup with my ex, I thought I was going to marry my ex. Luckily I didn't because I'm also getting married now to someone I love very much. But I remember going into the depths of despair and I was like, I'll never date again, and I'm so sad. Now, how am I ever gonna go out of bed? Then one day the light lifts and the curtains open, and you realize you're back in the game.
Speaker 2: I put a photof on my Instagram that was me. I went to Thailand on a holiday.
Speaker 3: I was in a bikini, quite small, and I was walking away into like the sunset, and you could see my whole booty, in my whole shape. And my caption was literally, tell me you're single without telling me your single. That's what I wrote, which is funny because I was telling you I'm a single and that was it, and I was thirsty and I was bad.
Speaker 1: Wait but was it for him or was it for like everyone else to know? I did it because I think it's important online Now it's a dating app.
Speaker 3: Instagram is used as a dating app. It's like a CV for your job whatever it is. So it's like if people know you've been in a relationship and you're off the market for a year, two years, whatever, that is a way to let people know I'm back. And I think when you've been in a relationship and you don't post it and things, when all of a sudden you're like, here I am, it's letting.
Speaker 1: Everyone know I'm slide into my dam Yeah, but everyone makes it usually slightly more subtle than like a picture of their booty being like.
Speaker 2: They don't That's what a first strap is. They go from.
Speaker 1: I was never the first rapper. I just used to be the sad Instagram quote girl. I'd be like, if you can't handle me my worst, you.
Speaker 2: Don't deserve me.
Speaker 3: I'm in a bikini and Laura, Laura was like, live, laugh, love, No, you're worth for.
Speaker 1: If you guys start seeing me posting Instagram quotes, you know that Matt and I have separated and it's not good in my world.
Speaker 2: Well I'm still in.
Speaker 3: A bikini all the time. Doesn't mean anything. Hey, I do need to do you something. I had to send quite a late night text to one of Australia's like.
Speaker 2: Iconic sweetheart bachelors.
Speaker 3: And when I was in the text chain, I was like, wow, I've been a bit of a usage to this person.
Speaker 2: I want to know why you had to send a late night text.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you. After the break, I thought I was going to lose my best friend. Yesterday, Laura me my dog Delilah. It actually makes me so happy.
Speaker 2: Every time I hear that someone, you know, it's like my face. So I think I might put it as my ringte.
Speaker 1: She really, I mean, for a dog that is such a liability.
Speaker 2: We love her so much. She's like a toxic relationship for you, Britt.
Speaker 1: I want you to realize that you're like I love her, she's my best friend, or spending my time with her.
Speaker 2: She gets you in so much trouble. It is very toxic. But yesterday, literally I was in panic mode.
Speaker 3: So I like a little treat, a little sweet treat, right, So I got this little chocolate bar thing that is like a very organic and natural ingredients and cocoo and whatever else it is. And the reason I'm saying that is not just a humble brag, but it's.
Speaker 2: Important to the story.
Speaker 3: So I was settling into the couch last night to eat it, and I put the chocolate bar, still in its wrapper, on the lounge next to me. Then I had to get up and get something from my room for two seconds, get up, go to my room, come back, and Delilah has gotten the chocolate bar off, opened it, put the wrapper on the ground irrelevant to the story, and eaten the whole.
Speaker 1: She didn't sit there with a little pause and like she can't do it perfectly, and then she did.
Speaker 2: So I went into panic mode. So I don't I've always known and I never knew if it was really.
Speaker 3: Like that myth that chocolate can kill dogs, you know how It's like there are things you don't fitture dog onng in chocolate.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure grapes is one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like like sultanas and raisins. Yeah, toxic to dogs. You're right, yes.
Speaker 3: And I had put it up a bit of a cutesy laugh on Instagram, Luffy Laughy laughed, they'll eitherate this chocolate's so cute anyway. Wow, shouldn't have done that inundated with people being like, your dog's gonna die. So I was like, oh my god, what am I gonna do. And it's also after hours, so yes, I could have called emergency vet care, but I decided to go for the free option, and I messaged my friend Chris Brown like bond di Vet.
Speaker 2: You know doctor Chris Brown. He's every Australia loves him. He's very famous vet.
Speaker 3: We've been friends for many, many years now, and we're not the kind of friends that go and like hang out all the time.
Speaker 2: But we text each other.
Speaker 3: But when I say we text each other, I've realized it's quite a one sided texting chain. So I mess and I just said, hey Chris, sorry, it's been a hot second quick question and sorry to message you so late at night. Delilah has just eaten this little chocolate bar behind my back. I sent him a picture zoomed in on the ingredients and I was like, does she need emergency care? Will she improve on her own?
Speaker 2: I was like, is this so rude? Anyway?
Speaker 3: Bless his soul, he wrote straight back immediately he looked up all the ingredients. He asked me about her body weight and like how much chocolate she consumed? And long story short, she was absolutely fine. But the thing that got me sort of chuckling is that when I look at our text and when I say.
Speaker 2: We're friends, we're obviously not friends.
Speaker 3: Every text in the last three years I have messaged out of the blue.
Speaker 2: Hey Chris, sorry to bother you, And that's a Delilah question.
Speaker 1: You just think you've got a free vet on hand. Chris has become your own free personal vet.
Speaker 4: Listen to.
Speaker 2: Listen to Christmas Eve twenty twenty two. Hi Chris, Merry Christmas. Sorry to bother you. On Christmas Eve, Delilah has been excessively panting non stop to else. Just take it to the vet.
Speaker 3: Wait, she's dribbling a lot too. What could be wrong with her? I've googled it and it says it could be toxic. What's your initial thought? Bless his soul? He called me on Christmas Eve, ran me through the whole Delilah chap Okay.
Speaker 2: Moving forward, we're in twenty twenty three. Hey, Chris, So, if Delilah has an oyster cut on her paw, can I use human bedddine? Here's the cut and I'm sending in pictures of Dallilah's Paul with an oyster cut.
Speaker 3: Next one, Hi, Chris, it appears Delilah has eaten half a block of eighty percent chocolate.
Speaker 2: This goes on and on.
Speaker 1: Okay, the only thing that you're reinforcing to me in this one is that Chris is not your personal vet. And two Delilah is a liability. And also so you you're just as bad.
Speaker 2: I'm not, Yes, you are in I do. This is just a shout out to Dr Chris Brown.
Speaker 3: He did write to me and say, any time you want, I will give you advice on Dhlilah.
Speaker 1: Like that is absolutely so fine. Don't ever feel like you can't ask me. And I'm saying that more so people don't judge me. If Chris is meant to be one of your good friends, you should probably call him and apologize.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna bother the guy anymore.
Speaker 1: Like, Hi, I'm so sorry that I haven't spoken you in two years except to ask for free vet of us.
Speaker 3: Sorry about the exhaustion panting or used chocolate consumption.
Speaker 1: Does he even go by being a vet still? I thought he was dancing with the stars now.
Speaker 2: But you don't just want your a doctor. You're a doctor. You can also be a dancer doctor dancing all right? Look coming up?
Speaker 1: Give us a call we're going to be talking about childhood nostalgia.
Speaker 2: You know, things like.
Speaker 1: When you're a kid, you would say jinks, or you know, a pinch and a punch for the first day of the month. What are those big childhood nostalgia moments that you might have forgotten about or haven't thought about in a while.
Speaker 2: We want to hear about them next. Now, I wanted to.
Speaker 1: Talk about something that caught me off guard on the weekend, and it has to do with real those real nostalgic childhood moments.
Speaker 2: So you know, real kids.
Speaker 1: How like kids kind of have their own little language, like the own little things that they do that all kids seem to know what they are and all kids seem to do it, but then like no one knows where it comes from. So like, for example, I pinch and the punch for the first ay of a month.
Speaker 3: It's one of those things that's there, but you don't know where where'd you get it from?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Marley has one. She's five, and every time we drive past a windmill. So we were in the car, we drove past a windmill, and then her sister started crying in a seat next to her.
Speaker 2: Her sisters three and I was like, what what just happened?
Speaker 1: And she's like, oh, mum, we passed a windmill, so I punched Lola.
Speaker 2: What that's not a thing.
Speaker 1: So apparently every time you pass a windmill you'd got to punch someone.
Speaker 3: No that, Laura, if you were getting sucked in by your five year old, she obviously just punched Lola and got in trouble.
Speaker 2: So she's like, oh, it was the windmill. No, I think it was.
Speaker 1: Really it was genuinely a reaction, like when you go under a tunnel and you gotta hold your breath.
Speaker 3: Oh, I never did that, but we did do holding your breath when you go past the cemetery, like it's like respect to the dead people or something, or respect to the dead people, or it could have been like you'd be haunted if you did it. But like as soon as you hit the semestry, you had to hold your breath and you couldn't breathe the end til you were past it.
Speaker 1: So Lola did one. And now I kin't of understand it from a five year old. So I feel like kids, like as they go through school, like they kind of teach each other things.
Speaker 2: But lullas three and we were in the car and she goes, mom, look a penguin.
Speaker 1: And I thought she was talking about a seagull or something, and I was like, I looked.
Speaker 2: I was like a penguin out the car window. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: So I looked out the window and then she turns around and she says this to me, I made you look you dirty?
Speaker 2: Chiok. That is a classic. It's a classic, and no, I haven't.
Speaker 1: And I had this real moment where I was like, this childhood nostalgia that kids like we have as parents, but also how amazing it is that these little kids like pick up things along the way as well, and it kind of stays throughout generations produce a grace is buzzing in Oh.
Speaker 4: I was doing some research on this. Apparently it's a thing called child law. So it's like folklore for kids, and it gets passed from like kids to kids, their cousins, it goes to different schools and stuff, and it's literally like this cultural thing that kids have that we just don't get as adults.
Speaker 3: I remember I was one of four kids, and so we're we did those long trips in the car. My two big brothers would be on either side in the back, seat, and I'd be in the middle and my little sister got dumped in the back. She was in a seat, but like she wasn't dumped in the back. It was a big car, but in the middle of the seat the whole trip, like five hours drive. My brothers would just do that to me. One would push me into the other one and say don't touch me and push me back. But then because he pushed me, I'd go into the other one and for five hours I'd get like a ping pong around the back.
Speaker 2: Don't touch me. I don't know if this is one of them or if you just look the phones. The phones have been ringing.
Speaker 1: Carlie Carlis called what is your kid nostalgia? What's the thing that you used to do that you reckon? We've all forgotten about.
Speaker 4: Hi, guys having a big families, lots of cousins, spending time with them as kids. It used to be put your hand up and be like talk to the hand because the face sat listen and do the whole.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's a classic, good classic. I like that one, or Jins or opposite day, also good.
Speaker 3: I used to hold out like one palm out and they and you put the other fist on your palm. You'd hold it up to someone and you say, smell the cheese, and when they go to smell it, you punch them.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've got cat cuts on the line, Kat, What is your nostalgic moment?
Speaker 3: Our mine was when they ask you to spell I cup, So they make you say I see you pee and then they start laughing.
Speaker 1: I sounded out Laura, Oh my god, I've never heard this one before. I see I see I cup, I see epee.
Speaker 2: Hey do you remember the one?
Speaker 1: It was with the calculator and it was Dolly Parton has two two two many boobs. So you type in two two two she took fifty one pills, times to it by eight and then ended up a new press equal and you turn the calculator on the other way and it spelled boobless.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: You've just lost the spot if.
Speaker 1: You type it into a calculator and it spells out boobless.
Speaker 2: You've never seen this. Why would you do that? I don't know. I was a kid. Did you have boobs? I was also boobless? There we go, there's a link. All right, Well, let's go home. That is it from us today.
Speaker 1: If you've missed out on the pick Up you want to catch up, you can listen on demand search the Pickup podcast. iHeart where Free never sounded so good. And you know who's going to be driving you home.
Speaker 3: Our boys Will and Woody and they've got an epic show for you today.
Speaker 2: We'll see you guys tomorrow, See you guys,