Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Last week, then when we were asking is your name related to your job, there's something called nominative determinism, where your name can influence the job you'll end up taking. It's a real thing. We're turning it into our weekly feature.
Speaker 3: Do you have a job that sound just like your name? Like a weather man whose name is rain? Or were gotten a Korda.
Speaker 2: Let's bush.
Speaker 3: It's called nominative determinism. It's your job just like your name. What's your name again? What's your name again?
Speaker 2: Big reach on that one, Rio and I like it? Well done? He shooes his goss. All right. That's what we found us saying last week as we were going through so many of these what's your name again? Here's Solo on sense. So it's called nominative determinism, and it's your name influencing the job you choose.
Speaker 1: What name is Sidba and he's a rufer.
Speaker 4: I am Katie Kitchen so we can see technology. My dad's family so this say name is Match and they used to run.
Speaker 5: A pub I sold my Jim's Knowing franchise to. Their names were Noel and Caroline Gardiner.
Speaker 1: One with consulting arborist. And my surname is Elms as in the three my old trade school teacher. I'm an export cher and his name was Glenn Porterhouse.
Speaker 2: Glenn port House and Katie Kitchen two memorable ones for me. All right, what have you got then? Is your name related to your job? Name? Four? One one four three Keith?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, Christian. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good Keith, and welcome to the show. Is this your name, Keith?
Speaker 1: The name that I'm going to give you it? It's not my name, the name of a friend or a guy that I used to know. His name was Lockey Smith.
Speaker 2: And what did he do? He is a lost all right, okay, wow, lockey Smith, the locksmith. It's okay. Nursery Ryan Keith. Yeah, all right, Keith, thank you very much for calling the show. See you later. Let's labor him up. Cool, Keith, call ass Keith. He ain't giving you too much. You do all the dancing around monkey By on the radio. I don't do. I didn't get paid to do the work. You do the work, mister DJ.
Speaker 6: He was a friend of his, well, actually just a guy I used to know.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't call it suddenly Distance himself has been a scandal bewing Lockie Smith a locksmith, Annie, good morning, Good.
Speaker 7: Morning, Christen, Petsy and Jack, Good morning Annie.
Speaker 2: And what's the name that's related to a job?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: Look back in the eighties, when I was a kid riding my bike around the streets in the Ringwood area at our local city council, the man responsible for the bye laws for dogs, his name was Harold Slaughter.
Speaker 2: For any line of work, change the name, Sir.
Speaker 7: Pork. I was really quite a nice man, But I'm a dog was bothering you on your bike, and your parents wanted to call Harold Slaughter. I felt a little bit worried.
Speaker 6: I can't believe there's a guy at the counter whose job is just by laws for dog.
Speaker 2: I can, I can, actually, oh, but he runs a whole department. Other people work under him. The Harold bit is a lovely innocent name. And then Slaughter anyway, anyway you book a holiday or book in a restaurant, mister Slaughter, Annie, that's one of my new favorites. Hawld Slaughter, great one. And you we're gonna sends your prize. Thank you very much, Thank you. Bye, all right, rough and running. This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Is your name related to your job? This is called nominative to terminism. We are stunned just how big a thing this really is, how our names can influence the job we take. Brads, his wife was a nurse, worked with a gastro enterologist called doctor.
Speaker 6: But if funny without it even being a job.
Speaker 2: Exactly just a doctor. But this and it feels like one of the names at most part what they call looking for a doctor? But the.
Speaker 3: Do you have a job to synd just like your name, like a weather man whose name is rain or Regarden, a corner lest bush. It's called nominative determinism. It's your jobt just like your name. What's your name again? What's your name again?
Speaker 2: Nice word? Rial, Starting to get anything to scan with the word nominative determinism. All right, So the last morning then we've heard about Harold Slaughter, judge of dog By Laws, mister Slaughter in the fashion history, Tom Jacket, the locksmith Lockey Smith who actually is a locksmith. Janice, what have you got for us? Good morning? Janis hi?
Speaker 1: Christian's Jeff?
Speaker 4: There are you going to deal?
Speaker 2: With it, Janie, good morning, welcome to you.
Speaker 7: What have you got that with my year nine Italian teacher.
Speaker 4: Her name was missus Mozzarella.
Speaker 2: Come on, it's like a kid's TV show, isn't it. This is Mozzarella. Do we think that she changed it for the job to connect with the kids.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is Mozzarella. Yep.
Speaker 2: That's so good. That is up there with Joe Dolcea. Isn't it for Italian names? Joe, this is Mozzarella. Jannis. That's a great one. Thank you very much for give us a call, mate, says Alison.
Speaker 4: Hi, Christian, good morning. How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Allison, welcome to the show. So your name and your job are they related?
Speaker 4: Okay, they certainly are. My name's Alison Baker, and I have a bread shop, Allison's Corner Shop and Bread.
Speaker 2: This is brilliant Baker. And you've got a.
Speaker 4: Abbreviated to Alison's Bread. Yeah, of course, Alison's Corner Shop and Bread.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 6: Great, restrain from you to not put alson Baker in the title of the shop.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, it's called well, it's called Allison's.
Speaker 6: That's that's up.
Speaker 2: Then in the high pages you'd be a baker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am a baker. Yes, yeah, it's true. And it's also called called an it's called an abtronym as well as a nominous you determinant.
Speaker 2: Good luck for that one. And what is an atronym?
Speaker 4: It's when you were the name appropriate your name appropriate to your job.
Speaker 2: Gotcha? All right? Well listen a baker. And where are you? Aren't you wins away?
Speaker 4: I'm in paran. Yes, last year I did this, This year did the water sandwich. I did the shame, which is.
Speaker 2: So I recognize you know, thank you very much for doing that as well.
Speaker 6: What's your specialty, Aliston, if we were the bakery today, roast.
Speaker 4: Pork, crackling rolls and also home roasted chicken and baggetts as well, so they're the most popular. And of course, of course.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course, thank you, ay baker Madison. You see, we're hard of intelligence. I think a lot of people just presume that listen to the show rekuling better say, if I call them over speak on my need to say eight times.
Speaker 6: The producers that they call talk to you, they will say say it three times and then Christian usual, the third, the.
Speaker 2: Third here get it? Okay? The Penny drops. Damien, good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Christian and Jak. I work in construction. My name's Damien House.
Speaker 2: Prittian A perfect fida, isn't it, Damian the house. Of course you're going to work in construction, mister.
Speaker 5: House, actually in building a house.
Speaker 2: So okay, Baker's all the Thank you very much, Damien House.
Speaker 6: He's in the house.
Speaker 2: Let's move on. God plus David, good morning, Good morning, Christian, Jack and Patty. What have you got Dave, Well.
Speaker 5: I'm a I'm an electrician and a few years ago I kind of got a nice electric shock which gave me an electrical problem in my heart. And the actual heart surgeon his surname is Sparks.
Speaker 2: Doctor Sparks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, doctor Sparks. It thinks the electrical issue. I'm an electrician.
Speaker 2: This is incredible, right, just googled him. You're right. He's Dr Sparks is a cardiologist.
Speaker 5: He's very very good, very very good guy.
Speaker 2: Melbourne Heart Rhythm. He's head of Melbourne Heart Rhythm and he's doctor Sparks. That's incredible, David, Yes, it is.
Speaker 5: It was pretty funny at the time, but not me hard getting David.
Speaker 6: Yeah, guys on site with laugh.
Speaker 2: I still don't forget Trouble zero. David, thank you very much for call Vanessa. Yes, Christian, Hello Vanessa. And is your name related to your job? Vanessa?
Speaker 5: Not my name?
Speaker 1: But when I went to high school, so we had two music teachers.
Speaker 5: The first one was called Miss Screech.
Speaker 2: And it was the second one, mister blow. I know what to blow it what I do know? I would win this. Grow up everyone, These are incredible today, these are amazing too great ones ever, So thank you very much. You cal have a good day.
Speaker 7: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Now, this last one is Jack is very keen.
Speaker 6: For us to I verified it and it's real. It sounds like a crew joke, but it's real.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's uh, let's let's go into this. Betty.
Speaker 5: It's hi, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Betty? So name related to the job? What have you got? Betty?
Speaker 5: Okay, it's not my name. But when I was having my children, my doctor, a glen ecologist, was doctor Holsman.
Speaker 2: Did you giggle or anything when he said that. The first time you hear that, you're like, come on, grow up doctor, that it's true doctor Holsman. Yes, Betty, thank you very much for sharing that with us.
Speaker 1: Have a good day, Okay bye. You're listening to the christian O Carl Show podcast