Speaker 1: Got anything good. Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast right now. I want to know small thing, big rage, Some things day to day in life that just send you to disproportionately mad, even though it's quite a small thing on paper, but really your reaction to it is big. This morning, before leaving the house, I just want to go to the toilet, and it drives me nuts that no one else changes those low roles. Just a bear role there. Whoever used that previously knew that a bare role. You are handing me a live grenade. They knew, they knew. I took a photo of it because that's the kind of person. I put it on the groove channel at ten to five this morning.
Speaker 2: You knew, that's all.
Speaker 1: It says, the block capitals and what's going to happen is my wife and two Georges to go man on the edge. I'll be the one with the problem. I will be the one with the problem.
Speaker 3: Are your toilet rolls the backups within reach?
Speaker 1: Right? No, always back into the right. So it's like John Wick as I'm using one, I'm rea chamber.
Speaker 2: How many rocks are you going through?
Speaker 1: Going through a lot of the moment, Jack going through a lot of moment with fifty two year old dumps.
Speaker 2: You need.
Speaker 1: I don't go into a public tiler right now. It's like checking for bugs. I go, where's the how much is in there?
Speaker 2: Okay? We should be a right, we should be right. Get a beach tow.
Speaker 1: The other thing that drives me nuts as well is no one in my family. And I share my life with obviously my two daughter and wife, but none of them will unful. I guess that's the world, right, the word unfoul. They're like jeans or anything like that, or they're jaggings. The legs are all mushed.
Speaker 3: Up as they go into the wash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's pathetically right.
Speaker 1: We'll wash it like that and hanging out to dry like I've got a family of one legged people and they all go, come on this childish went if you coming bother?
Speaker 2: Why should I have to can.
Speaker 3: Leave shirts bundled up inside sweaters and jumpers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I won't separate.
Speaker 3: So you would go double closed through and they.
Speaker 2: Just hang out on the line. Loader. You coming bothered? I can't be bothered? Do I like the caretaker hair? What's it for you? Jackie boy? Small thing? Big rade?
Speaker 3: Mine?
Speaker 2: Comes from the news this week.
Speaker 3: Have you heard of this Minecraft movie meme that's going around about the Chicken Jockey.
Speaker 1: Now I saw something and actually drive me nuts. It is these these hyperactive brats trashing a cinema. Yes, apparently, when you go name's Neil Mitchell.
Speaker 3: When you go to watch the Minecraft movie, a character comes on called Chicken Jockey, and all teens and young boys know. At that point you throw your popcorn in the air, run up and down the aisles. Now that is just as a form most cinema. That was me sweeping that popcorn. To think that there's hundreds of kids every every session.
Speaker 2: Ten screens. Today, it's the biggest movie.
Speaker 3: Of the year, and that popcorn is the most expensive food on the planets, the food that your parents paid for.
Speaker 1: How irritates How can that we are living in the end of times. I'm sorry, but that is that's crazy, perhatsy. What's it for you?
Speaker 2: Small thing? Big rage?
Speaker 4: Yesterday I was wrapping a present for a friend and I had the sticky tape. But I don't have like the dispenser. It's just a role, a small roll of sticky tape, and I could not for the life of me find the end of it. So you know, you open up the scissors and then you're like running it along, smoothing it, trying to find you.
Speaker 1: Can waste minutes and then the worst thing is we go right, I've got it, and then you put it but it doesn't all come.
Speaker 2: Even worse how cruel?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like dozens of layers at one time, so then the whole role so you.
Speaker 2: Just don't even roll it out. Yeah, trust me.
Speaker 1: And do you ever do that thing where you just get a really sharp knife and just sort of cut into it? Yeah, make your own new Yeah, yes, that's it all right, small thing, big rage?
Speaker 2: What's it for you?
Speaker 1: You can text oh four seventy five three one O four three. But Christian O'Connell show podcast, don't go to work angry, don't come home from work angry, get your rage on with the show Small thingsig put me being back in the UK just a week ago.
Speaker 2: One thing I.
Speaker 1: Noticed in a very crazy city like London, and I used to work in it for over twenty five years, but now I don't live there anymore. It's like you step off a very fast moving treadmill. You didn't realize how crazy it was right, I just got used to it.
Speaker 2: I go back now. I'm like a flipping tourist. I'm like, the buildings are so big.
Speaker 1: So did you used to work here right in the middle of it twenty five years? No big deal? This haus you every day and just on like on like Oxford Street and Regent Street, where there's thousands of people every single day and night.
Speaker 2: Just people stopping randomly in front of you.
Speaker 1: Well that any thought that someone might be behind you moving along.
Speaker 2: They need to have lanes.
Speaker 1: I can't stand it when people just stop walking, just stop walk at and you like clattering to them and then have to move around them. Christian, big ray, small thing for me putting one dollar in the trolley and then you go and get it the end and it will will not released. I know it's only a dollar, but it tries me nuts.
Speaker 2: Christen.
Speaker 1: The waste of paper at the polling boots. Yes, we'll see this this weekend, Kirsten. When my wife pairs the socks and some are not properly paired, I say, what's going on? She says, they feel the same.
Speaker 2: It doesn't bother me. I don't need to body paired up, does it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I actually have a waiting room for my socks. So one side of the drawer is singles that are waiting for their friends to come through the laundry and then they get paired with their exact match.
Speaker 2: Before being put in the proper Styes, they have like a sorting room.
Speaker 3: They have a sorting room because it does happen where they get split into two different laundries. They'll wait their turn, your kids till their friend comes around.
Speaker 1: So you wouldn't You wouldn't do it, come to what knowing that you had two different colored socks on.
Speaker 3: Oh but I wouldn't even do two different white socks.
Speaker 2: I'm covering in with one red sock and one purple sock. I have colored socks. I'm coming in tomorrow. Curse the show, someone.
Speaker 1: All the things big rage Christian people who won't move up and block turning lanes.
Speaker 2: That's from Diane Christian.
Speaker 1: For the last seven days, my partner and I have been in a standoff. I wonder how many people right now listen to the show are in an unofficial or official standoff with either a flatmate or a partner. Sometimes with standoffs, it's never actually properly addressed, but it's bubbling underneath everything. Anyway, our friend here, Christian. For the last seven days, my partner and I have been in a standoff over.
Speaker 2: A dish that he hasn't washed.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if he has noticed, but I'm in this standoff and refusing to wash it.
Speaker 3: Let me know how that pans out, and either sad news is he probably hasn't noticed.
Speaker 2: Every guy is that guy oblivious?
Speaker 1: If you're trying to wonder if we've noticed odds on, we haven't noticed.
Speaker 2: Sorry, this isn't Chris, Chris.
Speaker 1: What about the toast crumbs in the butter?
Speaker 2: I am guilty of that. What's the problems?
Speaker 1: Just a nice little bit of understand it's an extra like you know, it's it's a nice little thing in there.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like the n I don't like any other outside spreads going into.
Speaker 1: What about a tinsy bit of jam yellow lumber, But there's a little bit of jam down the mob top left corner, Christian. What about people who insist on reverse parking at the train station and the train is two minutes away?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: The people that that do that thing where they drive they suddenly stop when they reverse back in taking.
Speaker 4: Ages and it's fine if you get it first time, but usually you take that five six times. Don't bother do it.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry to be general general relationship, but it's mainly.
Speaker 3: Whatever you say is.
Speaker 2: I'm going to miming.
Speaker 1: It's mainly.
Speaker 2: Know I was saying is. It's mainly and who've got really big s u vs? They don't know how to drive.
Speaker 4: I don't agree with you there, Well you know.
Speaker 2: What I said. It's usually I let the record show that I said nothing.
Speaker 4: It's usually trade easy.
Speaker 1: He could have said, mums that don't know the drive SUVs for the record.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast