Speaker 1: The Rising Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the Yugen Bear region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrest Rate Islander peoples today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things.
Speaker 2: Anything can be obsessive if you want it to be. It's like at the end, it's also your relationship with it. Yeah I have If I want more, if I'm starving, I don't be like Nope, that's all. I will add more. But I'm aware, Okay, I'm having a bit more.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome back to the Raising Conker Podcast. It is your host, Georgie Stevenson. Guys, today we have my fitness girl Crush, Rachel Dylan joining us on the potty. I probably don't need to introduce her, but for those who don't know who she is, she is the founder of Move with Us and crop Shop boutique. We chat marketing business fitness training, routines, habits. I'm not gonna lie. I'm currently doing their Busy Girl challenge, So I was very selfish and I was like, Rachel, give me all the tips, tell me how to ace this challenge. Yeah, and it's really good because we get into a really raw and deep chat about how my fitness journey has changed and how, you know, I used to look at fitness a certain way and I almost get a bit burnt from making fitness goals because of my problematic past with fitness. But how I'm really like growing on that. And I loved the way that she spoke about how we can, you know, sort of change our mindset and really look at fitness as this whole ecosystem rather than just like this weird specific part where you have to obsess over it. That makes sense, And I loved how, especially when you talked about obsession and how some people perceive it as an obsession, but sometimes it's just being aware and that'd be interesting. I loved that she put that out instead of it can be different. We're not just going to put in this basket of if you're obsessed with fitness, it's problematic. If that makes sense. I enjoyed that. But before we get into the show, my week, my weekend was great. A tea. I actually had what did you do? A girls' night on Saturday night. I think about three or four of my besties are all born in September, as are you and JB. Hey, what's the star? Si'm berger ergo. Yeah, everyone's a go. We love it. So we had this, yeah girl's night. I went down to Brisbane. A lot of the girls I literally hadn't seen since before Ivy was born. No, yeah, so it was so lovely. We you know, had lots of wine and champagne, dance the night away. Look, my head did hurt a little bit, say hour Sunday. I wasn't that intoxicated, Like it was fine, but when you're older, you just you don't recover and you just don't bounce back. No, you don't bounce back. So I was feeling a little bit, you know, sorry for myself, but it was fine. I feel fine. Everything's fine, everything's fine. But yeah, my week has been good. I'm also my Petal and Pup collection launches this week, so exciting. So the Sunday Dreaming collection launches at Wednesday at twelve pm I'm just so excited. I'm so proud of this collection. And the vibe is if you have a spring or summer event like oh, wedding or a Christmas party or a birthday, it's just the perfect collection to like celebrate, you celebrate others and embrace you know, spring and summer. Everything is like bright. It feels like you're going to like Italy. I love it. It's so cute. So that's really exciting. I'm doing the busy your challenge, which you guys will hear about in this episode. But I'm loving I got up and did gym this morning and I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the thought process that went through my mind was I'm in a challenge. I need to get up and do this because I really didn't feel like it because of the weekend. But I was like, nah, I got it done. It was thirty minutes and it was great. So I'm enjoying it. It's like kind of keeping me a bit more accountable. That's so good. We love a challenge, we do, but let's get into it. Rachel, Welcome to the Rise and Conquer Podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I am so excited about I actually feel a little bit nervous because I haven't been on a podcast where I've the one. I've been the one like talking, oh my god stop for so long. I always the one that's like, tell me all about you. I'm a listener. I love to listen to other people.
Speaker 1: Well, I was actually thinking. I was like, I splay Rachel's being in my podcast. Then I was like, no way, I was on her pocast.
Speaker 2: We have been trying to organize this for like a long so long, so long.
Speaker 1: So happy to be doing it too. I've probably said this in the intro guise, but Rachel is my girl crush.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Just everything about you is just oh, I don't know, it's just a.
Speaker 2: Vibe thank you. But I am a bit disappointed today because I did think Ivy would be here.
Speaker 1: Oh and I walked in and she wasn't. I was like, I'm so upset. I was just like in the corner of my office. No. Ivy is gorgeous, but she's very distracting.
Speaker 2: She takes the attention. She's the main character.
Speaker 1: She's got main character energy, and nothing would get done when she comes in, Like if Tim's got an appointment or something like the girls, nothing gets done. Everyone's obsessed with her, so I've got to rain there.
Speaker 2: I literally die over Tim and Ivy content. It's just I love it.
Speaker 1: So they're like best friends and they're also like twins. I was just say they look exactly the same.
Speaker 2: It's so cute. I love it. I love dads and daughters. There's something about it. I'm just like, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, honestly, I obviously was so in love with Tim, and you know, we've been married for three years now and whatnot. But when you have a daughter and the way that Tim and her and everything, I'm just like, oh my heart. Yeah, it's really sweet. And they literally like best friends. Like the way that he talked to her and yeah, treats her and everything. I just I die but less. Maybe next time we'll have to go for a walker and I'll bring her.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's done it.
Speaker 1: She's lots of fun. You would love her. Wait, what staffs on to you?
Speaker 2: I'm a Virgo.
Speaker 1: She she's a sad ah.
Speaker 2: So they're very like Morgan's are sad you know? Morgans? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, very out there, high energy fire sign because Virgo's water.
Speaker 2: I'm not that great with all this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tears of Virgo. I love oh so you're very granted, Tim's a Taurus, so he's grounded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I'm but we're quite bossy and like that.
Speaker 1: You know what you want?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we know what we want.
Speaker 1: We love after it. I love that anyway, guys, me and Rachel literally just had like half an hour convo of off air, so it will just seem very natural to you, guys. But let's dive into business. So I kind of wanted to segment this potty. So the first start, let's do business where we chat about, you know, your two babies and how they grew and all those, and then after that, I really just have some selfish questions to ask you about fitness and getting back on track. I'm nine months postpartum, so I'm in this weird journey where I'm at the beginning again even though you know, I've done fitness for like ten years, and yeah, it's like it's like a whole big thing. So we'll get into that towards the end. But let's start with Move with Us and Crop Shop Boutique. So these two businesses, obviously they revolve around and you know, you and your journey, but what really led you to starting both of them?
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's take it back. So back in the day, I, like many of you may be going through, it's or sort of resonate with you finish high school and everyone's like, so what are you gonna do? And you're like, I don't know, I don't know. And I was always that child that was just like you know, Liam and Emma they finished school, they went and got like you, law degrees, and I was always just like, all right, I'm heading to Melbourne for a year with my boyfriend. I'm seventeen and we're in love. So see how I'm my dad.
Speaker 1: And they're like you wait, is Liam young younger? And then Emma's older?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh kay? And Mom and I are like you have no money? Like what on earth? Anyway? So I was that child, right, So I never knew what I wanted to do, wanted to drop out of school like all of that stuff. I always had this like obsession with wanting to do something sort of in the service industry, like whether that be like a beautician or like I loved fitness. I always wanted to do something to like make people all better, whether that like I don't know, like whether it be waxing someone's eyebrows or like, I don't know, I just always loved the idea of doing something like that.
Speaker 1: Did you ever do beauty? No?
Speaker 2: I wanted to, So that's what I wanted to do in your ten I wanted to go to beauty school and my parents said no. I love them for that, so they were like, You're going to university blah blah blah. So you know, I did my gap year that didn't turn out too well. So I came back and I was like, Okay, cool, I'm going to sort of go to university and do teaching because I liked the idea of also teaching, which is kind of like both those things add up to what I ended up doing in the end. But I did it for a year. It just wasn't for me. And then I kind of liked some of the business subjects in my teaching degree, so we moved on to do business. Listen. I liked university, but I didn't love it. So on the side, I was like, I'm going to be a personal trainer. Got my seirt started Bodies by Rachel and that was like literally just one on one sessions of people that grew grew, grew to these big hit camps, and I just honestly loved helping women like I just I was obsessed with it. I was obsessed with helping them feel in control, right because for me, when I started out, I didn't have help, and I always felt so lost and I was like like, who can I turn to? What does this mean? Why is this not working? And you know, following every fad diet under the sun. So for me, it was more just about like giving girls that education around what they can do, especially weight training, because you know, this was a while ago and weight training wasn't really a thing.
Speaker 1: You were ahead of the game with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really wasn't a thing. So we Yeah, I was really passionate about that. And then I was like, you know what, I've got to spread this to more people. I've got to take this online. And at the time I didn't really have a massive following, but I just slowly like did both at the same time and like had ebooks and little things. I started like one on one coaching online and slowly made enough money to be able to transition. And at that stage I was like, you know what, I'm going to move to Sydney. My sister and I were like let's just do it. Well, that's all I had to literally like drag Emma she didn't want to come, and we pretty much just moved to Sydney. And that's when Bodies by Rachel, like online started And you know, we had many apt fails. We've had like every every possible thing that could go wrong in business has been has gone wrong. But I guess, you know, we just have always loved what we've done, and yeah, that sort of is what inspired me to start move with us, right. Crop Shop, on the other hand, is kind of like a similar story. But I noticed early on when I would train, I would look around the gym or go into you know, your typical stores back then, like your Lulu Yeah yeah, oh that wasn't even really around Lululemon much, but like yeah, Nike and like yeah, and back then like little crops and like stylish sort of active, but it just wasn't as much of a thing. It was still very functional and and everything would like looked the same, Everything looked very similar. Obviously all of these brands have like evolved since then. But I would just notice that there wasn't really anything I really loved, so I would actually go into shops like City Beach and See Prey, and I would buy like their crops and I would wear them to the gym, even though like they weren't for the gym. So they were these like crops that like, you know, looked a bit stylish and you know, yeah, they were cute. And people would always say stuff to me, like I would always get comments and stuff about what I wear, but I was like, you know what, I don't care because I loved the idea of fashion and fitness. I was like, why like I spend all day Nelly either in the gym training clients, Like.
Speaker 1: Why do I have to not feel and look my best? So always loved it.
Speaker 2: And then at that stage, I was approached by Muscle Nation, who had just started out and they had a couple of boy athletes and they didn't have any female athletes, and they were like, would love to work with you, and I was like, okay, cool, Like let's do it. And I took to them a lot of these crops like ben dos and all of that back then, and they would create these crops for me and then I would sort of drop lines with them, right, And so I did that for a couple of years. And it got to a point where I loved it, but I just had this like burning passion to like create more and design more. So you know, I sort of decided to go my step way and sort of create crop Shop boutique. And at that stage, it was just going to be crop so I was like, oh, we'll just see how this goes sort of thing, and then it just sort of like I just love what.
Speaker 1: You called it a crop shop. Oh yeah, I actually didn't know that's where it came from.
Speaker 2: It was originally only going to be crop chops, Like I didn't really think that I was going to do full active Well, that's why we kind of call it CSB because we're like her name change would be just too much, right.
Speaker 1: Whoa enough changes?
Speaker 2: So yeah, and then now Crop Shops it's like like stands alone as a brand and it's like doing super well and we our team's growing and yeah, we love it. So both businesses definitely started like through passion, just like you and I guess, yeah, when there's something that you feel is lacking and you know that you can like feel that, I feel like it's it's sort of yeah, I've just always loved the idea of creating stuff and being challenged by the process of it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's honestly been so amazing to see your evolution because I feel like I followed you back in the day when you were doing like the fitness comps. And it's so funny because I had no interest in fitness comps and kind of like refuse to follow people like that, but for some reason I followed you a bit. Found it not problematic, and you know, in the way of like I really enjoyed you and your content even though that was you doing what you were doing. But I felt like, I guess a bit more of a different vibe that was more relatable to me.
Speaker 2: I definitely feel like something I did that maybe separated me a little bit was I always put my health first, so you know, I always made sure I never did anything that would jeopardize that. Like, honestly, I would still you know, if I wanted a burg I'd have a burger if I just was never I was never okay with having to sacrifice my health to look a certain way. Don't get me wrong, I challenged myself, but like sitting in the bikini like division, especially in WBFF, it's just that like it's a bit softer. Yeah, they kind of liked that, like a bit curvier, Like you didn't have to be this like really hard lean look, and you know, nothing against that, it just wasn't an interest of mine. Yeah, And I guess being able to take myself from you know, being quite thin to having more of that shape through weight training was sort of the thing that I pushed out to, you know, so many females around the world, which, yeah, kind of I feel like that was kind of our thing at the time with bodies Wear Chel at the time.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's yeah, it's been really amazing to watch and I'm gonna go straight in for the kill and let's just talk about it, because if you think about it, there's so many fitness girls. There's so many girls who you know, have because you have a huge community, you have a huge following. But I would argue that, you know, some aren't as successful, and I feel like you have really made a name for yourself, like in the fitness industry and obviously with crop Shop. Now, what do you think has been a catalyst to your success, you know, in the fitness industry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is such a good question, and I feel like why you said, all it could be. You know, I think that at the end of the day, there's many contributing factors. I think a lot of what people don't realize, right, which is just like the time and the consistency that you put in behind the scenes, you know, in front of a camera, et cetera. But I think at the end of the day, something you know, I've always tried to do was be as authentic as I can. And I know that sounds kind of cliche because a lot of people say that, but not only that, I think I was always very very much I always is very customer centric. So especially earlier on with Move with Us, I always tell I'm just gonna call it Move with Us, but it was bodies very strong. But early on I always say to our community, like, you guys actually created this product because I, you know, had a journey and I sort of put that forward to the girls. But then they were the ones that sort of like guided me to add features or you know, create this or create that. And I guess, you know, being someone who can you know, connect with people right, like I could make people feel comfortable to come to me, Like I always say it when someone comes up and says hello. I'm always like that is like the nicest signal to me because it shows that people feel comfortable to come and say hello to me. You know, they're not intimidated. They don't think that I'm you know this, or that it's like they feel like, ohkay, yeah, I'm I see you on my screen every day and like we connect. And I think that's like something that I really focused on early on. So I was always very community focused. And I think when you're constantly putting others, you know, first, and listening to them and taking on their feedback, you're making people feel valued and you're making them feel hurt. And I think that's something that I always put a lot of effort into and still put a lot of effort into. Only last night, we had about ten to fifteen of our long term move with us customers come in for a sort of like night where we pretty much presented a lot of what we do or what we have planned to do, and they kind of gave us our feedback around do they like it? Do they not? You know, Like, I think that that stuff for me that energizes me. We have community days where we hear people's stories and there's just seeing other people's success, whether it's you or a client. I just get so much joy from that, and I think that's truly what energizes me to like do what I do. And I think that that has been a contributing factor maybe to you know, creating a community and being different.
Speaker 1: I guess I love that so much. And I'm going to butcher this quote, but I've heard someone say, like this is different, but it's it's you're not in the fitness industry, You're like in the people industry. Yeah, that makes sense, and you've realized that.
Speaker 2: Definitely, And it's like, you know, I think sometimes we get caught up like what should we be? So it's like what kind of content should I be making? Like what trends should I be following, instead of actually understanding what is the problem that my audience has and how can I fix that? Or how can I add value to their lives? Because you know, at the end of the day, it's like I can share lots of things about my life, but is that always helping that person? Yes, some things, for sure, but it's like, how can I also make sure that I'm adding enough value that when they watch my content they take something away from that, and I think that that's really important and something that you know to always make sure you're considering.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, that's such a I'm like, I'm here, I'm here like thinking your naked harf or something, mmmm absorbing.
Speaker 2: You do so much of this so well yourself, like you honestly do.
Speaker 1: Like, no, I appreciate that, but I just I love that that's your answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I'm like, these questions are so like I could say so much, but I think that that's what I would contribute to. Yeah. A great example, I know we're going to touch on it was our busy girl workouts, right, So we had these programs. Yeah, people loved them. I sort of started, you know, going to Adelaide and realized, oh my god, like Jim's are so busy, Like the gym go to an Adelaide is insane, Like at peak hour. I'm like, I've got anxcitedy It's like insane. So I was like, wow, like some of my programming, I'm like, there's just no way someone could do this or like understanding like even with my travel and my work schedule right now, adding a baby into that, I didn't I didn't even know how you do it. Nelly is honestly, she's just a handful as she is. But I was like, people also don't have you know, seventy minutes or like some some workouts honestly can go for so long, like people don't have that time. Yeah, And I guess like that process for me was a massive wake up. And then I started to just sort of like ask questions on my Instagram about like what you know is stopping people from getting to the gym? What obstacles are they facing? Like what equipment can they get to? Is equipment hopping difficult? And that literally guided me to create busy go workouts, So I identified a problem. I then, you know, survey in my community. We surveyed our database, like we surveyed all of our customers just sort of like reassure us. And then it's like that is actually how the product was created. It wasn't just created because I thought that it could be a cool product, do you know what I mean? So I think again, like as I said, the community sort of guides that process for me, and I think that listening to your customers is like super super important huge.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it. What was the I guess the big reason I think, I know, but it was the big reason behind changing the name from Bodies by Rachel to move with.
Speaker 2: Us great question. So it was definitely it was a hard decision, but I feel like being Bodies by Rachel I was sort of only saying, well, this is the one way you can train, this is the one you know, style of person like I'm only one person and not that everyone needs to like me or I don't need to appeal to everyone, but it's like we need to I guess, have more variety within the business. So the decision was sort of based upon you know, wanting to work with new coaches, wanting to bring on new personalities and you know it being Bodies by Rachel for you know, for most people, they're like, oh, well, you know, I don't really feel like that's an inclusive thing to come on board on board too, like, yeah, we want us to all sit together. We don't want people to feel like, you know, there's different levels within the business. So that was probably the biggest driver for that is just I guess opening up some more opportunity to like work with different different people amazing. And so let's talk marketing yeah, so what would you say that is your obviously you don't have to tell us all the secrets, but marketing wise, what do you use in your business? What do you find that is you know, I guess like the strongest. And that feels really good to you because I feel like you do do marketing different to a lot of you know, fitness companies and you know fitness personal brands. I see, so obviously you have you know, organic marketing and then paid. I think it all comes down to touch points. So where are people seeing, how are you being represented and what are they taking away from you? Right? So you know, from my social to move with us, to TikTok, to email to paid, I guess we have we want everyone to feel the same feeling from each piece of content, but that content is definitely created for that channel. So for example, we might create a piece of content for Instagram and then we will cut it up for TikTok, will position it on an email. Like for me, I think marketing needs not There's not one thing when it comes to marketing, right. People need to be seeing you and like understanding you and hearing you multiple times before they usually probably make the decision to well trust you and purchase from you. So I think when it comes to marketing, it's understanding what is your message, who is your customer, and what problem? So I keep coming back to this, but what problem are you solving for them? Because like Busy Girl workouts, it's very clear that who we can literally like do our personas right of who that program is going to best fit for, and it's not everyone. And that's a mistake we made. There was a time there we were really trying to be something for every like one thing for everyone. It's like, well, guess what training like a wbffpro is not going to be the best program for a mum who is back at work and has a crazy busy lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So I think that was a big turning point is understanding that different people need different styles of training and programming. And I think that you need to understand who those people are, what their problem is, and then your content needs to be able to solve that problem for them, whether it's like you know, obviously through mine it would be trusting, through move with us, it would be like education and what the product is, and then obviously all the other channels sort of like tie into that.
Speaker 1: Amazing is that sort of what you're asking because I'm like, it's all the touch. It's a big question, Yeah, because that's I think that's definitely where like how I would answer it in the way of there's not one marketing strategy. I don't think you could have one marketing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's also like how much goes into it, right, like insane and it is content content content, it's the gang.
Speaker 1: And touching different Like if I really see marketing as an ecosystem, everything you know contributes, everything you know makes sense and has to be specific for that channel.
Speaker 2: So and I also think a great form of marketing is also letting your community speak for you, so, you know, having these client stories or testimonials because people want to see, hey, that person like I, that's I can read me, I can resonate like I want that, you know. Whereas again, if you're only trying to move your you know, product or service through that one person I gave you or myself, that's not really enough. And people want to see that, you know, other people's you know stories, and I guess they want to buy into that to that journey, which are being super important.
Speaker 1: Well, I love that it is. It's also about realizing like it needs to be inclusive. You can't just yeah, have one target marketer. Okay, so last question and then we're going to get into the fun fitness stuff. Okay, what is your and let's just focus on Move with Us. What's your five year goal, like give us an insight of like what are you working towards, what's your vision? So, yes, this has been without feeling too many secrets because we know.
Speaker 2: So my goal with Move with Us in the next couple of years is to defer, restructure our product and pricing a little bit. So we want to have something more appealing I guess to our long term customers, so whether that be some sort of like membership platform where they get like access to more and then definitely I want to work with more coaches and trainers and partners. I definitely want to include more personalities in the brand through different training styles. That's like a big goal of mine for sure.
Speaker 1: Amazing. All right, guys, let's chat about fitness and health. Like I said, this is very selfish because I'm like, Rachel, help me. So I actually like I've been a big fan of yours for a long time and resonate with a lot of stuff. And even though I guess you've always been very different in regards to the results I want or anything like that, I've always seen and I feel like this is what you need to do, is like you need to see yourself in that person a little bit definitely. And then you bloody brought out the Busy Hour Challenge and I was like done. So I actually like purchased and did the Busy Gel Challenge when I was postpartum, and I was like, I want to get back into the gym because previous to that, I was doing group classes that were just a bit hard on my body, and like I wanted to. I've always been loved weight training and always been into it, but I like got nervous again for gym and like entering the weight section and it's like I was the beginner, you know, all over again. So then it was like the perfect segue to get back into it. Because again, also I don't have an hour to work out, like I've got forty five minutes tops, and that includes like getting in warming up, et cetera, et cetera. And also I can only work out three to four days because also I don't want to work out more. I know, like, honestly, I've got to a point in my life I'm like, oh, I just not that I don't care, but it's like I'll do enough for my health and to feel good. But then, yeah, different priorities. So let's chat about I guess how do you And especially now I love that you've gone through that transition of obviously having you know, your partner into state and having to travel and you know, doing so much in your businesses, But how do you prioritize your fitness and health on the daily when you don't have a lot of time, Like what kind of sets you up? What are the little things you do?
Speaker 2: So it's funny that you just said, like I don't want to train like every day, and I can totally relate to that because for someone who loves training, the phase that I'm in in my life, I don't want to train every day either, Like it's just not something I just I'm like you, I would rather be like working on my business or you know, spending time with my partner or you know, seeing my family. So for me, I am someone who I love routine and I love to know exactly like where things are going to sit in my day right, because if it's not in there, it's just not happening. Okay, So I'm going through a new fame is at the moment where I train at late quite late in the evening. Yeah wow, yeah, well I mean why so I well, obviously, you know, especially when I'm not with Toby, I am you know, a single gal. Like my lifestyle is like you know, yeah, I just find that in from the morning is like work is just my brain is best in the morning. So I'd love to get up.
Speaker 1: It's creative time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like all of my floors just yeah, get them out. So whether that be walk, going for a walk, or just walking on my treadmill early morning, jotting everything down my phone and I'll get on my laptop for a bit, then I'll get ready, I'll eat the head into the office or have calls from home. I just find that if I try to train in the morning or even mid morning or lunch, a lot of our girls at work train at lunch. I'm just like my head is not there. And for me, Jim is a time of like put my phone down. It's my therapy, like actually enjoy and train with intention. So yeah, I just found I'm like training at like five thirty six at night, sometimes later, and no one at the office because obviously our gym's at the office. You know, I wear my tracksuits, I'm like wearing something comfy. I just like get in there and I just feel so clear, and I guess I make the most of that session because, like you, I'm not training as much, so I'm like, if I'm going to train, I'm gonna make it like a good session. And I've just found even early morning without eating and stuff. I don't know, I've just found my sessions. Lately, I've just been preferring that afternoon slash evening session, which is like very odd for me because I've always been like a morning trainer.
Speaker 1: I love this though, because this is like the first tip of don't just train when you think you should train, when you can actually get in the zone and when it feels good for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I do guarantee if you're in a bit of a like slump, try to change something up. So whether that be let's say you've been training in the morning, start earlier at work and try maybe going in the afternoon, or you know, just try changing something about your current routine. Because like anything. This is like a lifelong journey, right, and if you're constantly doing the same thing and you're not enjoying it, it's going to be very difficult for you to like continue to do it. And even like the style of training, right, Like if I wake up and I don't feel like training, Like yesterday I was getting my period, I was like, I am not going to train, So I went for a walk, you know, and I'm okay with that where I'm also cycle sisters, but I think, just yeah, just understanding that as long as you're moving your body in some way, stop being so hard on yourself, Like I used to be so hard on myself with sticking to that routine to like the tea. Yeah, and the more you like are flexible, the more you realize, oh wow, I don't need to be that intense. So yeah, I find like for me just changing things up and also like knowing when I'm going to train it that day and when I am training phones away, like concentrate on what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: How do I keep the phone away if I'm on the app? Okay, put on do not disturb Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: I was like, no Instagram, no Instagram scrolling I am the worst for that, but I feel like that better because if you have it open and the time or was something, you can't get out. So even the rest period, I.
Speaker 1: I want to go on my friend, but I'm like, I don't want to mess up my rest perit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also if you save so much time, like if you just I can spend so much time in the gym, if I'm like effing around.
Speaker 1: Honestly, and this is actually this is going off topic a little bit. But when I was doing the first challenge, because I've just started the new challenge, but when I was doing the first challenge, I did notice because yeah, you have to stay on the app. Yeah, I did notice. Like it's even the way like I'm weight training sticking to like I really used previous training. I was probably doing like heaps on rest breaks and like not actually sticking to the exact So I was like, oh, fuck, this sac actually really hard and it's like only thirty minutes and I'd be like, you know, trying to do my reps in the same time and all that sort of thing. But yeah, that's such a good thing. What about let's go Okay, so training, we're changing up the time and also we're listening to our bodies of like doing am I actually going to train? Or am I just going to do some link you know light What about the like the eating side of it, the food side of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So for me, I feel like I like to eat quite similar for like three to four days or even the week. So for me, if I'm like, it's different. If I'm with Toby, he cooks so like oh, but even still what he cooks is very like this. We cook similar meals. We might have like five meals that we cycle through over the month and then we'll be like, no, let's try new stuff. But for me personally, I just I don't know if you hear anything like this, but food for me and my day is just like I've just got to eat. It's not really I'm going to sit down and enjoy a meal. It's like, just get it in me. I've got things to do.
Speaker 1: So I've often said it's kind of annoying having to eat sometimes yes, and other times, like on the Weekend Story, we enjoy it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm I'm very like I've got my breakfast, my lunch, my dinner. I have them like pretty much prepped except my dinner.
Speaker 1: When do you prep?
Speaker 2: So I'll when I say prep, for example, well, i might cut up like a bunch of salad and then I'll take like a tin of tuna and some rice to the office and I'll like mix it all together and create and like a bit of balsamic and a bit of surata and like that's lunch. Breakfast is always quite easy, So it'd be like a bagel with egg whites or a scrambled eggs or something like that with like some rocket and stuff. And then a snack will like be an apple or a protein shake. And then dinner is always like salmon barramundy or like some sort of turkey mintce and like I'll just like put veg through it or something something just easy from the app. Like honestly, like so many of our recipes are like for ingredients, Like they are so just super simple, because at the end of the day, if any recipe has like more than like six things, I'm like, that's just not doing it, no, And it's a waste of money. You wete so much like produce, like buying all this random stuff that you like use once. So yeah, I'm very much about but I also enjoy health like healthy, I also enjoy the food I eat, So I'll have like a clippo every night or like a bit of chocolate. I'm very much a sweet.
Speaker 1: Tooth Gluepoo's like an ice cream is now, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Like yeah, but they're like icy ice creams, you know, so you got cream ice cream and an icy pole sort of thing.
Speaker 1: It's like an icy pol Yeah, quite.
Speaker 2: Sweet, like so I kind of go between them cyclones and then I have magnums as well.
Speaker 1: I was about to say I'm moving ice cream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well so was I originally. But they're so low in calorie so you can have like them every night. It's like nothing, and they can have a couple of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like honestly love love that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, for me, like food's super important because I'm not training as much as well, so I'm like if I if I am gonna be like oh not, you know not where I hear and they're about a session, I do make sure that my nutrition's like on point because especially like just getting enough food in what.
Speaker 1: About serving size? Yes, I think I'm not gonna lie when I say I probably the same amount as him. Yeah, and it's just because he serves me and then I just eat what's on my plates, Like what do I do here?
Speaker 2: So personally, I still weigh my food. So even though I don't track my food like as in like I don't count my calories anymore, but I'll still just like have a rough amount of what I'm eating. So for example, I always know I have like one twenty to one fifty gram of rice. I always have like one twenty to one.
Speaker 1: Fing Like, how do you weigh it?
Speaker 2: Just on the scale, So I'll put my plate on the scale, zero it out, and then just serve up on top of the plate because you don't eyeball it no obviously sometimes but if I am at home and I have access to it, I'm like, it's such an easy thing to control. That's just like it's very easy to over or under eat, and especially you'd be surprised even sometimes I under eat. So for me it's like also making sure I'm like eating enough of things, especially protein. But I find that just.
Speaker 1: Like the more you do it, too, the better you get it.
Speaker 2: Eyeballing, because everyone's like out of eyeball. I'm like, yeah, but do you.
Speaker 1: Even understand what weight?
Speaker 2: Have you ever understood what one hundred brands looks like, so I think that like doing that stuff early on, it'llow like I tracked for years, so like I now you've just made it habit. Yeah. Yeah, it's literally just a habit. Like I don't even think, not like realize I'm doing it. And like some people might be like I think that's obsessive, but I'm like anything can be obsessive if you want it to be.
Speaker 1: It's like at the end, it's also your relationship with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have no if I want more, if I'm stafving, I don't be like nope, that's all, Like I will add more, but I'm just aware, Okay, I'm having a bit more like hey, yeah, I find it really interesting and I get it because there's a lot of like behavioral things that like attribute to emotional food issues. Right, I had some of them early on. But one thing that I think super important is like we're so happy to educate ourselves on everything else in life. Like you have a business problem, you're happy to read a book on it, or get a mental or understand that. If you go to university to become a doctor, you study it, you understand it. You have tests on it right. But then when it comes to food, we had this like kind of like negative thing about understanding what we're actually putting in our body.
Speaker 1: It's obsessive. Yeah, I don't want to, well, let's actually chat about this because I come from a disordered eating background. Yeah, where I was, you know, it was the whole you know, the skinny teams and all that shit on Instagram, and I a kind of developed just like, yeah, I guess bad habits, but I would argue they came from being not understanding, not educated, whereas now that I have education. In saying that, though, there was a time where I had to focus on healing like the damage that was. But now I feel like I'm at a really and also I'm going to be very honest with you. So you know, I've told my community that I'm on, you know, this challenge, But there was a thought in my mind where I'm like, I don't, you know, oh, should I be doing this. I don't want people to think they have to do challenges because I'm like very.
Speaker 2: A lifestyle approach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I felt like there was a time there where I got really sucked into just like obsessive behavior and like it being normalized, if that makes sense. But again, it's like you said, I had to think about it and like, well, I actually I am at the beginning of a journey and this is focusing on my health and it is something I want, just like I focus on my self development when I do read books and I do listen to certain podcasts like why wouldn't I, especially when it's from someone who I respect and I feel like does have a very balanced approach. So yeah, it's like mentally, it's like.
Speaker 2: What I find interesting. Rise. So when you do your courses for the girls, yes.
Speaker 1: You're manifesting process.
Speaker 2: There's things that they're required to do each day, right, correct, and they're accountable to them. Yeah, so that's how I kind of look at a challenge, right. So each day you have this sort of like person, even though it's not a person, but this is something that's sort of like, you know, I getting your water, have you done your steps? Have you done a workout today? How's your nutrition going? And it's kind of just like oh wow, Like for eight weeks, I am going to implement these new habits into my lifestyle. And at the end of the eight weeks, some girls like oh I saw no results or I didn't see enough for this. I'm like, okay, but do you now understand how much you sleep each night? How much water are you drinking compared to when you started? You know, what are your energy levels? Like It's like there is so much that you can learn from giving yourself a period where you actually force yourself to focus on implementing habits that you wouldn't necessarily do, just like your course, right, And then I'm sure that, like posts that course, those girls take those habits on and they have them for the rest of their lives.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love this. I also just had like an epithomy because this is something I talk about a lot with my course and especially when I market it, because you know, it's a manifesting course. So I'm showing you pictures of like my car and my house. But then I tell the girls in the course, I'm like, you know, I get you with those things. But then inside the course, like we're doing healing work, we're doing self development, we're doing things that it's not surface level, and I feel like that's almost the same. In the fitness industry, you.
Speaker 2: Need to get people on board in order to help and educate them.
Speaker 1: Out and sometimes getting them on board is you know, I don't want to say problematic, but can be seen as obsessive or you know this and that polarizing, And don't get me wrong, I think if you do have emotional, unhealthy emotional behavior around food, tracking.
Speaker 2: Might not be best for you right now. And for a while that early on, I couldn't track. I'd be like so obsessed with the numbers I definitely want, but it wasn't the tracking, it was my emotions emotions around it. So it was like fixing that and understanding why I felt that way and stop labeling foods is bad and good, and like we talked about in our podcast, like you know, we look back at the generation of our moms and grandmas and everything was about weight loss, and everything was about these like obsessive fad diets. But it's like, so we need to be aware of why we feel the way we do before we can then go into maybe you know, tracking or doing whatever you know we want to do. But I think that sometimes unfortunately things get like a negative association, and I think, you know, it's probably more about actually fixing the behavior and the emotions around it.
Speaker 1: Ah. I love that and it's because as you were talking, when you were talking about the weighing your food, I was actually thinking because again I kind of put that in the basket of oh, that's obsessive. But it's funny though, because I was like, hmm, I wonder how much food I am eating and maybe I'm under it like I want. I'm definitely not ender any guys, we can all agree because I eat the same as Tim, but I'm like, I actually do wonder and I think also I know myself, and I feel like I have progressed so much to myself that it's not like I would ever get to that point because I've come so far mentally.
Speaker 2: And it's just understanding it right, Like as I said, you might even do it for a couple of weeks and be okay, cool. Now I can I bail it pretty confidently and actually, you know, be able to eyeball it. But that whole like, I think, it's just there's nothing wrong with understanding what you're putting into your body. And as I said, if I'm hungry, it's not like I'm like, oh that one fifty elm the door, Like it's like I just like to know because then also if you're like I'm doing all of this stuff, but I'm not seeing the results, or I'm I'm not building as much muscle, I would like whatever it is, you can actually go back and be like, well, you can actually understand why instead of guessing.
Speaker 1: And also, for example, what a great thing is you know you're saying when you're weighing it and you are a bit hungry, you could probably also use that to be like, oh, well, this is interesting, like it is that time of the month. Yes, so, and we all know you need a bit more, you know, because you're losing energy. You need a bit more. And it's like having those tools and using it that way and just being aware. And this is something I say to you know, my RNC girls of when you have if let's talk, you know, limiting beliefs. When you have a limiting belief, it's being aware of it is literally the first step because now it doesn't have power of you. So it would say me food, Yeah, it's like hmm, that's interesting, rather than the behavior of automatically doing something.
Speaker 2: It's so funny you say that because I did a podcast honestly over a year now just about my relationship with food and how I've sort of progressed. And I used to say exactly that. I used to fear food. Food would control my God, I would I wouldn't go out. This was bad. I had a piece of chocolate. I was like, I've gained five kill like my like I love it process, Like my mind process was wild. And I'm sure so many people can relate to that. What actually freed me of that was doing these things and having.
Speaker 1: Those educating yourself.
Speaker 2: And unfortunately, I'm like, so if we cannot look at them in a negative light, like you said, you know, if we're feeling a certain way, we have our toolkit where it's like, okay, yeah, I'm being negative right now, but I'm I can be aware I'm being negative, and what are the steps I'm going to take to like sort of progress out of that. Well, it's exactly the same with food. It's like, you know, I'm feeling hungrier. Why, oh I'm on my period. Oh I'm actually gonna allow myself to have a little bit of food. I'm not going to feel guilty. You know. I think that it's so important to understand and be educated around those things in order to have and feel like control over them.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. And I would argue to that education. You know, if you can have you know, the the awareness first, and then that education is you then have the decision. Yes, it's not like this automatic thing because you have the awareness first. Yeah. No, definitely, my head hurts. Okay, amazing. I love that little rant. What are your favorite busy girl snacks?
Speaker 2: Okay, my favorite busy girl snacks. I've actually been super random, but like into Have you had like the Milo bars with the white chocolate under them? No, Oh my god, they're so good. So I've been having those with like an apple, Like I'll often have that or like so randomly, so random.
Speaker 1: I'll have like I love Milo though.
Speaker 2: So look, have you got the protein Milo cereal? No, it's so good. You should get some if you're wanting something sweet at home. It has like quite high protein for Oh my god, you guys should do cereal.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, put on the list.
Speaker 2: Put on the list. That would be awesome. I'm like a bit of a cereal fiend.
Speaker 1: See I'm not. That's why my face is like, yeah.
Speaker 2: You weren't impressed. No, okay, okay, but yeah, like I'll often have a protein shake, honestly, tuna is just so easy. Being really into calm and sour dough crackers lately. Have you tried those? No? Oh, put them on put them on the list. Yeah, but like made up salads, overnight oats, those wheat big oats are like delicious.
Speaker 1: Love those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anything that's just I can either prepare before or I can just grab out of my draw and go for it.
Speaker 1: Do you do the whole prep on Sunday or are your day to day preparer?
Speaker 2: I'm like a day to day girl in saying that nothing I prepare is like super complex, right, so I'll be like a shop on Sunday sort of girl, Like I'll have all my grocery shops on Sunday.
Speaker 1: You do your list?
Speaker 2: Yes, so I do get some assistance sometimes with my grocery shopping, so I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Tell us more.
Speaker 2: Sophia does my grocery shop? Oh that's your Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey pa, pa? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh love that, like honestly him does mine? See there we go honestly, But does she do it on a Sunday?
Speaker 2: No, she does a Monday morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, but like that, I was like.
Speaker 2: To the grocers, like no, so yeah, Monday morning I kind of have like all of my food for the week, and then because I'm away a lot as well, that's like it's pretty hard to make sure it's like enough or not too much and I'm wasting. Yeah, so yeah, I know exactly what I'm going to have for that week, so I never eat planted out.
Speaker 1: Or you just like mentally no now because you've done it for so long.
Speaker 2: No, So I'll go through some of the recipes on the app. So yeah, for example, for a while there, I was loving that there's a like protein pancake crumble sort of thing, so good, so instead of like doing a protein pancake, you crumble it up.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's only out, you have to have it it.
Speaker 2: So that thought it was my breakfast. Tuna salad with rice is my lunch. And then I was having.
Speaker 1: Some to get the pack of rice or do you cook? Yeah, I I just want to make sure. Yeah, okay, great, So we having a whole cup? Are we having half?
Speaker 2: No whole carp Okay? Yeah, are you having a I think so, yeah, it's only like one hundred and fifty I think for a whole cup. Okay, yeah, it's yeah, that's fine. So yeah, so for me. Yeah, it's definitely like I definitely know what I'm going to be consuming throughout the week, and I think that's key. And as I said, I make it sound easy, but I've done it for so long.
Speaker 1: It's habits, it habits seconds, it's habits.
Speaker 2: Honestly, guys, I can't tell you how much time I've spent sort of like doing all of this.
Speaker 1: So it is quite easy for me now. And she's also bloody packaged up in an app for you. Yeah, all the hard way, literally, No, I love and I love that the app is like very easy to read and like ingredients, wires and stuff. And that's what I did notice. I was like, oh, wow, these are actually retely simple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you can't really mess it up because I'm actually, you know, not the greatest cork guys. So if I can make these recipes, so can you love?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'll get to my final question because I feel like we could talk for.
Speaker 2: Me, really could we?
Speaker 1: Really? We need to wrap. We've got things to do, businesses to run. For example. If someone is like, I do want to see change, So I want to see physical change. I obviously want to feel healthier, but I want to see physical change. What is your recommendation of them to do? So I'm kind of getting out here, like is it more important to work out? Is it more important with your food? Is it both? Like tell us tell us okay, so tell us tell us how to get results.
Speaker 2: So what I love about our community is obviously I get asked this a lot, right, And so it's like I always say, you need to find something that fits your lifestyle, because at the end of the day, if I was to give you maybe what fits my lifestyle, you would be like, well, this doesn't this is just not for me, right, And I always say the best plan is the plan you follow. So you need to be realistic with yourself. So the first thing I would do is actually understand what is your goal. So a lot of people I feel like they don't actually understand why they want to achieve things. So sometimes it's like I want to lose weight. I'm like, okay, but like how much weight? Like why? Like why do you want to lose weight?
Speaker 1: Or like what sort of You're like, I just want to feel sexy naked?
Speaker 2: Is that your goal?
Speaker 1: Well? Yeah, I just want to like feel good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't think I want to get back to like, it's not like I want to get back to like my pre baby body or anything like that.
Speaker 2: So you're allowed to say You're allowed to say that.
Speaker 1: I know, I think I've got some weird like you know that.
Speaker 2: It's a it's an interesting thing in the fitness industry at the moment. And I totally agree in that we are not purely focusing on the way we look. I always say, listen, you can have several goals at once, but there is nothing wrong with wanting to look or feel a certain way. And I think that there's kind of this like negative light on my how dare you want to change the way you look right now? It's like if you want to tidy things up a little bit, feel a little bit sexier. And I'm telling you now, it's not even going to be the physical that makes you feel that, but it's going to be like but following something consistent enough to be like it's a mindset thing and you're like, yeah, that.
Speaker 1: It's the routine, it's the confidence. And also I have this huge thing of committing to something, seeing it through and feeling so proud of myself. Yes, and there just has not been yet fact Yeah, And Also I love that you kind of validated me then, because I, you know, very much see myself as a role model. And it's not that I, you know, want to have a six pack or anything like that, but it's like I do want to, you know, feel good in my body and I want to feel good with my health, yes, And I just like I know that hasn't been a parity and it's just going Actually I want it to be a party now and it doesn't have to be a party forever. But it's also I kind of want to get back in the group because that's what happened previously and then it felt so easy and I like felt so good.
Speaker 2: Yep. And also just because it's one of your goals, it doesn't make it's your only goal. So part of your fitness journey is you might want to, for example, lose a bit of weight, but I think what you're saying is you kind of want to tidy things up a little bit. You want to have a bit more of a routine, and you want to feel sexy. And I guess proud that you are following something through which I always think is actually because how many times when you don't train for like five days I feel terrible and then you train one say I am a queen, I am a god. Yes, just it's actually proving to yourself that you can do something. I think is like where most of the confidence comes from.
Speaker 1: And also, to be completely honest, I notice such a difference in my mental health and my image of myself. What's that called?
Speaker 2: Like, Well, you're going to be your best for everyone around you when you feel your best?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Right? Yes, So okay, let's just say you're either wanting to so choose your goal number one, so actually figure out what that is, right, So let's figure out what's what. Let's put it down on paper. You can say it, no one is judging you, doesn't matter what your share. And then yeah, pop it down and know what that is? Right then? Obviously, when you are signing up for a programs like that, I love about app is like how many days can you actually commit to?
Speaker 1: Because for example, we have three, four, five training days. I love this too because like I did this with the first challenge and I picked four and then like two weeks and I went back and I changed it three because I was like, oh, look it's not happening.
Speaker 2: But three is fine, right, but it's like, at least acknowledge.
Speaker 1: Have the option and be realistic with yourself.
Speaker 2: Yes, otherwise you're constantly letting yourself down. It's like I'm going to go and put something that's so unrealistic on my goal list and then I'm going to fail it and then I feel like I failed. But instead of being like, guess what if you put down the lowest and then one week you might be I can do four And it's like, you know, like yeah, yes, so I think don't. Although we want to set big goals when we're trying to strategize how to get there, keep them realistic, right Yeah. So for example, so if.
Speaker 1: You'res and that's what I would argue with my fitness and health journey is it's all realistic. There's no big goals here, trust me.
Speaker 2: Which is would? Which is I think is like really important where most people go wrong because I set themselves up for failure just with a plan then not gonna follow. So so three sessions a week, you've got you locked into how much are you moving throughout the day.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I get into daily walk, sometimes I don't, and then I'm sitting down most of the day.
Speaker 2: Okay, So very similar to that. I would highly recommend trying to understand I just use my iPhone or I do have oh you have an Apple work? Yeah, so what are your step check? What are your steps today? Sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Let me have a work three nine eight one.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's that's good.
Speaker 1: That's today.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So for example, I don't again, I don't set. You know, everyone's like, you need ten thousand a day for me. I'm like, that's just not really a vibe for my lifestyle. Like I sit I'm like you, I sit down quite a bit. We drive most places when I'm in Adelaide, we walk. We walk a lot, so it's a lot easier. But for example, you might set like five to six thousand, and it's going to be for you. So you know, you're moving around with IVY like there's so much you're doing that you don't even realize. So even just like having an understanding, Okay, I want to move around that that much.
Speaker 1: I want to move conscious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would be conscious of my movement each day because the activity that we're doing outside of exercise is actually attributes a lot when it comes to especially like weight losses, et cetera. Then, third to that, so we've got our exercise, our movement, and then we have our food food.
Speaker 1: What are your biggest obstacles not preparing? So Tim cooks, I had the same serving as him. So that's why, like mentally, I'm like it would actually be interesting to know how much I'm eating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would love to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah I might message you should with you.
Speaker 2: You should just do like a rough like week of what you're having, like just write it down and I can just like have a look at it for you. But also like just being a little bit accountable to what you're eating.
Speaker 1: And you know what on the weekend, I know you have waffles on a Saturday. Have your waffles on a Saturday. You know I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: People think you need to remove all this stuff, and it's like, no, you just need to have more of an understanding of like what you're actually having. Like every Friday night, I always love to get like, you know, just like a pizza or whatever like, and I have no problem doing that, Like I might eat out on Saturday night. Like I just am very aware of just like the portion of what I'm having over everything else. So probably just having like more accountability around food and more interest as.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I was excited about. With these challenges. I'm like, oh, I just I need some more ideas, because, like you said, it's like you can have something really simple and just to spend a bit more time preparing, like so for example today, And this is interesting because something that I will often do is like skip breakfast because it's a time thing, and then lunch comes and I'm like so ravenoush And then I'll like then feel sick or order uber eats or something like that, and I'm like, just be a bit more fucking consistent.
Speaker 2: Or like because I'm a bit guilty sometimes, like if i start earlier at work or whatever, like I'll order breakfast to work, but I'll know exactly what I'm ordering, so I'll have like avocado on toast and a protein shake, which I mean, girl, you're in a I know you're in a supplement.
Speaker 1: I don't know where you think you are.
Speaker 2: But like that's so easy and you kind of you can kind of like that have a one toast, can't really go wrong. It's when you start to order these like meals that can have very much added to them that it's like that's just a little bit hard. To sort of understand what you're eating. And don't get me wrong, if you weren't on this journey, I wouldn't say like, for the rest of your life you need to do this. But if you have a goal, there are certain things you need to sort of be accountable to, and a little bit of discipline in any area of our life doesn't go astray when we do have like tighter goals that we want to achieve. Right, And then how do you sleep with Ivy? She is? She pretty good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? She sleeps like told so?
Speaker 2: So water is tick?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So then really, for you, I think it's not even anything. It's not anything extreme. And this is what people.
Speaker 1: Think really is.
Speaker 2: It's the little things, right, It's these little things that if you just focused in on them a little bit and we're a little bit more accountable and aware, because then it's like, Okay, you might say, oh, I'm not really reaching my goals, but it's like you can look back and be like, oh, okay, well I am doing this, or you can understand why. I think the worst feeling is when you're like I'm doing everything right, what's you know, what's going wrong? But I think that this is like a really exciting time for you in that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm like I'm excited too, because again it's not like it's high up in my goals thing, but it's definitely I want it to be a priority. And just like, for example, you know when I got a business coach and it was like for my business and I had no issues with doing that. It's a similar situation where you know, I feel like I'm a beginning again. I beginner again, so I want to have that like motivation. I want to have some sort of guidance, so of course I'm going to seek out help. And so yeah, I'm really excited to kind of just get back into that. And you're getting a home Jim set up. Yes, oh my god, I got set up yesterday. I'll have to send you a photo.
Speaker 2: Yes, such a good idea. Yes, I'm big on. Even when I'm at Toby's, he has just like an apartment gym, and honestly, like it's so convenient to just have I even have like a little treadmill in my house and like just for a movement. For example, Nellie's obviously got her like had her surgery, so I feel guilty going for a walk, So I'll often just jump on early morning, you know, get my movement in. I think it's just about like having the cans right, and obviously not everyone can have a home gym, but you don't need much to be able to work out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, Tim's like fully decked out. He also wants to do gym while Ivy naps because they're in this like whole big thing of like when he can fit and this is like, this is a really interesting thing of Tim actually stopped going to gym pretty much since I he's been born, so what was that nine months? And like mentally he has just felt so shit and like really not himself because that used to be a huge aspect of he would go to the gym like three to four, et cetera. And so we're doing this also for him so he can feel good. And again it's not like anything to do with you know, his physical body, but he's like also you know him doing Jim it helps testosterone, it helps like or his hormones, it helps like regulate things.
Speaker 2: We underestimate that like even you know, it doesn't matter how many times you tell Tim here's this and that he needs to feel about himself to feel just like you need to feel it. Like, we can't rely on other people to make us feel a certain way, right, we need to do the things in life. And obviously without him even probably knowing like health is probably a very high value of his.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So it's like for me, I know, health is when I feel most not myself, is when I'm not like living up to my values.
Speaker 1: I'm not an alignment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so for me, I'm like, I need to know that I'm doing these little things each day that make me feel like I'm the best for me. And I think that's super powerful for your relationships.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well even like it's just like we had a great talk about this because for example, we both have never drunk like regularly, and like recently, like he's been having like one or two beers every single night, as like he's like he's wine. Yeah, he's honestly like and how crazy I is? And I'm like, no, bro, I knows. But then he's like, I realized it's now habit and I just look to do it every single night. And so he's like, I need to just get back to my healthy habits, which is my gym, which he's planning to do during Ivy's nap, and he's also getting back into his morning meditation because he's noticing like his patients wearing the wearing thin and he's like, I need to get back with meditations for Ivy. But again, it's like it's a habit. And that's why I'm so excited about the challenges because I know once I like get these habits sorted, it would just like keep happening. It's just like that initial.
Speaker 2: It's always the hardest part is that initial step. But like I promise you, you will feel like so much better about yourself and you will take so much away from doing it. And I feel like, just like in business, sometimes like in fitness, I'm only saying this the other day to someone, I was like, sometimes you just gotta check in on yourself. Like I was starting to like finish my sprints five seconds early. I was starting to like, you know, not finish my reps, like just little things are I'm like, Rachel, come on, like you're just you're slacking a little bit, like like in being very honest with your yeah, checking and actually being like a bit accountable. And so for me, I'm like, no, you need to like thought your shit a bit, and I don't think that's always an eight. I'm the biggest persons, like be kind to yourself always, but also if you want to be the best you, sometimes you have to be.
Speaker 1: The one to you know, like check in a bit of tough love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. So, and I think we're going to set up a session. Yes, yes, can we?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm scared, but I'm excited.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: No, I'm so excited. Well, I feel like we should rap. I'm like, this is gone for a long time. Love, I hope you're still listening if you are, Thanks for staying around, Rachel. Thank you so much for coming in the potty studio and chatting to us and giving us the the pep talk and the motivation we need to be our bestselves. Thank you to do the damn thing. I'm really excited.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for you. Thank you so much fun having me in your beautiful office. I love it. I think so you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Rachel Goes. You designed this to you, like, can you tell it's so Georgie? And yes, and guys, I will keep you updated on how I go in the Busy hour challenge. Yeah, I'm excited and it's cool because I've told everyone now in the podcast studio, so I'm like I'm going to be checking, like, well out what's happening. No, it sounds so good. Thank you so much for Rachel. It's been a pleasure always. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.