Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Komboo Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer podcast. This is the podcast where we ch have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development.
Speaker 2: No matter where you are in your journey, We're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness.
Speaker 1: If you're ready to get into.
Speaker 2: The driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life pass you by, then you're.
Speaker 1: In the right place. Hi, my loves, Happy Tuesday. Welcome to twenty twenty four. So today we are chatting about my New Year's resolutions.
Speaker 3: And I've done them.
Speaker 1: Really differently this year, and I really wanted to bring you inside of how I've done them and instead of having like very specific goals that I take off a list. I actually do have those two, but I've chosen to be more of like an overarching theme energy and kind of tangible actions than underneath that theme. And I'm going to take you through my three words for the year. Will also pop up a thread in the Facebook community chat about what our New Year's resolutions for twenty twenty four are. So come and join us. I love seeing what everyone is like manifesting the vibe that they're in. It is it's so potent, So come and join us there. But I hope you enjoy this, and guys, Happy New Year. All right, guys, So I am going to be so vulnerable and transparent with this episode, so please be kind, please be over generous, and please like have a bit of discernment of like understand, I'm like really on my own journey, if that makes sense, because I don't want people to like listen to this and like make their goals wrong or be like what the fuck is she talking about? Because I'm on my own journey. But I also love being transparent with you, guys, and I love talking about my hopes and dreams and the vibes and the themes because it often gives other people permission to do the same. So I just thought, I'm gonna tell you guys everything. I'm going to tell you the vibes for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I can't believe we're here. I know it's crazy and what a wild ride twenty twenty three was. And it's funny because twenty twenty three, I remember saying on the podcast, the whole theme was surrender, and that was the one thing I wanted to lock into. I didn't want to have plans and I just wanted to fully step into surrender. And can I just say, I feel like I've successfully done that.
Speaker 4: That's so good.
Speaker 1: I feel like this year it really was just wow. So much changed, so much happened, And if I didn't have that theme of surrender, I think I would have really struggled. So I'm really proud of myself. And I loved that I put an intention and a theme to my year because it really helped me through it. And I encourage you guys, take some time to plan, take some time to ref flecked, and it doesn't have to be like actual granular goals. You're like here in this episode, I actually don't have those this year again, and I'm really excited about just focusing on the vibes and themes. But this has been done because I've actually reflected, i have tapped, I've got I've had space, and I've tapped into like what do I actually want to feel, what I want to attract, what i want to embody for this year, and so many of us just don't take that time, which I think is wild because otherwise this year is going to be the same with last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if you want different, move different, and that's why we all did the do It for your Future Self course together, and if you haven't done it, you can still do it. I highly recommend. It's seven days, thirty minutes a day. It's going to get you so clear. It's going to really help you set your goals, but from a very aligned space, not just like creating random goals.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I actually had a session with Fee who is a human design coach, and we really like outlined my themes and then I did Do It for your Future Self and just got so clear with like the tangibles and the themes. So I'm really excited to get into it.
Speaker 4: I'm excited to hear them.
Speaker 1: I know I haven't told you, I know, So this is I'm going in blind yeah and all right, so this is like my okay, so this is my mantra, and then I'll get into I've actually chosen three themes for this year. It's not just one. Three came up and they're really interesting. So the mantra is like I am surrendering to magic in a way I have never before and letting go of the need for a plan, so very much taking off what I stepped in this year, but it's a whole new level. It's a whole new element of surrender because I know my new self that I'm birthing is so big and so expansive that it's like there is no structure and there's no plan that could like hold her. So I need space and I need surrender to hold this new me.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: So that's the first one, and then I go into it, first of all, reducing the noise and fully trusting myself, being convicted and who I am. That is theme one. And the theme title that I like we came to terms with was this beautiful word. I don't know if you've heard it, tear you probably have. I don't know if you've had this word sovereign. Yes, do you feel like that suits?
Speaker 4: Yeah, one hundred, I'll get into it.
Speaker 1: The second line remembering who the fuck I am, I'm not at the start of my journey. I've been here before. And the theme for.
Speaker 4: That is soulful. That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: And then the last one, I'm not embarrassed to say it, but it's just it's very transparent. I'm being very vulnerable. The last mantra, I'm turning up the fun, flirty, indulgent, rich, an orgasmic part of my life. Oh and the theme is sexual. Okay. So first theme sovereignty. Yeah, so this word really came about and like the visualization for this theme is like queen on her throne. If you think of sovereign, I think the definition is something like basically when a state decides to like govern itself. Yeah, it's kind of like when Australia was like we're not part of England anymore, We're actually just going to be our own country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's sovereign.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what I I kind of want to sit in with that of this year is all about like trusting myself and locking into myself in a whole new level, in a whole new capacity. And I feel like twenty twenty three was such like a run up for this. I feel like there were so many moves that I did that did this, but it's like twenty twenty four is like the year where I'm like, no, I'm so solid, embodied, anchored and strong within myself. Basically, like everything I need is within myself. I'm not looking for external validation. I don't need external things to feel a certain way because I know I can cultivate that and create that within myself, which feels fucking powerful.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 1: So then like I go on and I wrote like I'm decisive. I do what I say I'm going to do. I hold not only others accountable, but also myself. I'm on a journey from going from like the maiden the girl next door to becoming a mother and kind of what I mean by that, we're.
Speaker 4: Talking very like feminine archetypes.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're talking feminine archetypes in this of like going from the mother to maiden like almost and obviously I know I'm already a mother, but really stepping into that next level of myself and it's like I'm not afraid to walk my own path in business in my personal life. And again that has been a theme in my life for a while, Like that's very much what I'm known for, but it's at this whole new level, this whole new integration. And then the last part to this is like knowing that I've done the work. Like I said, I've been talking about these themes for a very long time, Like I've done the work and I've built the momentum, and for now it's just like it continues and evolves and it's snowballs and I like, I trust I trust in that.
Speaker 4: I love that one. It's very powerful. It's so so powerful.
Speaker 1: And so like to sum it up, it's like I'm regulated, i feel peace for what I've created, and I'm living life fully on my own terms. And again, this is something I'm all about. But like it feels so expansive to me because it feels like such a new level to integrate this and to step into.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, you can even hear with some of the words you're using in phrases. It's like it's a lot of the themes and things you've like touched on this year but just elevated to the next level completely.
Speaker 1: Well, I think there's there's a difference between because you can like there's a difference between learning lessons and then integrating them. So I think I've been learning and these themes have coming up a lot for numerous years. But next year feels like the year where it's like it's so solid I transcend into It's almost like you know when something's like you're so embodied in something you don't talk about it anymore.
Speaker 4: Yes, because it's.
Speaker 1: Just like a way of life.
Speaker 4: It's just how you are, almost like that vibe.
Speaker 1: So I feel like these conversations we've been having a lot over you know, the last couple of years, but it's like it feels like a whole new level of integration embodiment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: It feels exciting.
Speaker 4: What's your next one?
Speaker 1: So, first of all, though, the tangibles for this, Yeah, so we did an episode on this last year and we will link it in the show notes. But it's like, stop listening to noise and gossip. So not comparing myself or feeling the need to rank myself, not feeling the need to know anyone else's business or prove myself.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 1: This is huge because this is something that we all naturally do. We all compare, We all use hierarchies to like know where we are or know where we stand. But like, this year for me truly feels like a year where you know, at the end of the year people look back and just be like, fuck, she's really just in her own league. Yeah, Like she's really just like she's you. You can't put me in a box.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no like, I guess section of human beings to compare you to. You are your own person. You are over here, and there's no like up here down there. It's just that's you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I think I have honestly been scared to fully step into that for years. I feel like I have made like great, little miniature steps. Yeah, but it's like it really feels like I've gotten to the last point of like being like, no, fuck that I actually get to fully step into this.
Speaker 4: What do you think made you scared to do it?
Speaker 1: You know? The judgment, the judgment of what if I do it wrong, what if people judge me, what if I don't fit in? It's like high school shit. Yeah, And again I think this levels to this that I have like made strides, but I really feel like this calling that it's like and this year is the full embodiment of this, and so like some tangibles, also is like obviously letting go of the opinions that you know don't matter, monthly check ins with myself, coming back to my goals and my shared vision with Tim, having the space for the like having the space for the above. Like I think this year I realized my space was very much filled with like other people filling my space, and even though it was so much better than the year before, it again it's like this new level of sovereignty of this, like, no, do I actually want this in my space? Do I want this in my schedule? Am I going to do something different that feels better rather than like an automatic response, So like trusting my team, letting go control upskilling in my leadership skills, and like really stepping into that. That's such a huge goal with this And it's really interesting I wrote like in my businesses, because this year was really about building the system's structures and foundations. So I really feel like in NHH we had such an emphasis on like structures foundations and that was incredible and in R and C. Yeah, and a lot of like movement and like everyone finding their feet and that sort of thing. And then it feels like for this year twenty twenty four, it's almost like, of course having those system instructions, but also stepping a little bit into that magic that kind of like that different energy of trusting and knowing and looking into like magic and my businesses because I feel like that was a little bit left behind last year.
Speaker 4: It's like you were building the rocket and now it's ready to take off. M I love that.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that analogy.
Speaker 4: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: And like, also another thing I wrote down is like not feeling like there is a time limit to succeed or I have to do things a certain way. Oh I love that because I think that's something that fucks a lot of people, is like they put time frames. I've got to do this before I'm thirty. I've got to do blah blah blah and the dreaded smart goals. Yeah, oh my gosh, we're not doing them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's like kind of there's a lot there's a couple more points to that, but that's like summed up that theme. What do you think of that.
Speaker 4: I love that. That's such a beautiful theme as well, and I think it's I love how you've sort of laid your goals out in your three themes and then identified under what's important to you, but everything's so aligned.
Speaker 1: And then actually having like tangible things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there's things to still tick off if you need to tick things off, but also there's this overarching feeling and energy that you want to be yes.
Speaker 1: And it's also like, again, that's why the monthly check ins are so important. And I'll be doing like the monthly check in part with do it for your future self because it's it's like, hey, these are my three themes. These are the tangibles, like what have I been up to this month?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and just like little things like making sure you're doing a tangible a week something like that.
Speaker 1: Love. Okay, So next theme is sexual.
Speaker 4: Ooh.
Speaker 1: So when I say sexual, I'm not talking about the actual act of sex.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just the word.
Speaker 1: I think it's because I love that all the words are asses, so it's so sexual and soulful. Yes, so what I mean by like this and I you know, I could find a different one, but anyway, we're going with them. And so like the visualization of this is like kind of the feminine archetype of like enchantress, so very much the vibe of I want my every day to feel you thoric and augatzmac like you know that kind of like high on life, seeking the pleasures of life. Because like something that I probably went too far in is I am so good at delayed gratification and discipline that I can go I could probably go twelve months without having pleasure because I'm so focused on my goals and knowing that I'll have delayed gratification. Yeah, and so that has been such a great skill of mine. But then also it's kind of left me to a point in my life where that's the pleasure is the last thing I think about. I'm always putting first, like family, my career, getting the things done, even if they're not pleasurable. And it has served me for seasons and that has been amazing. But it's now time to step into a new season where I'm like, no, I actually get to enjoy every single day. I get to seek out the pleasure and it's not like wrong, it's not like just for every six months vibes.
Speaker 4: You know what word it comes to mind. Yeah. Also is satisfaction. Oh, I like it, Yeah, because I remember you and Cooper both talking about the fact that you struggle to feel satisfied when you hit a goal. Yes, and so it's almost like now you're trying to find that in every single day, whether or not you've like quote unquote achieved a goal or tick something off.
Speaker 1: That's hugely what it's about. And it's like I wrote down like I desire to feel pleasure, fun and alive. It's a space where anything could happen. And I'm so turned on and in love with my life.
Speaker 4: That's so beautiful.
Speaker 1: And it's like even like because I'm thinking and again TMI, but it's like even the concept of when you are making love, it's like it's so passionate and you're like you're so turned on and you know it's coming to this like climax, and it's like it's this energy of like anticipation and excitement and all the feelings and it's so funny. It's not so funny, but it's like, how can I introduce that more into my everyday life?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think that's really beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's a really Yeah, it's an interesting concept, but I couldn't put my finger on it, and now I have like words to articulate it, and it feels so solid and for like the tangibles for that are like, yeah, things like like asking myself the question of like what am I finding joy in today? What am I putting my calendar where I am going to get enjoyment and feel alive? How am I going to be spontaneous this week? Which you curly are you know what I mean? Like, what's something I'm going to book in for me and Tim that feels like spontaneous and exciting booking? Look hopefully by the end of the yard language, so you can see why this needs to be a theme for me. What can I book in plan that's going to be spontaneous and yeah, And I think it's also like tapping into the play of life, Like there's certain holidays that I want a book, and there's certain like we can getaways I want to have with Tim and with Ivy, and like, you know, just experiences. I think this year feels very much about like having different experiences and really being open to that, whereas previous years I have never allowed myself to have those things. Mmmm, it's really interesting.
Speaker 4: I love that you're trying to step into this.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to see how.
Speaker 1: It go me too. There's a couple of the tangibles, but like they're very like granular, so I just feel like we don't need to do that, and I in this is like the whole exercise for enjoyment, Like I love SASA dancing, like that sort of vibe of like and polates because I love polarates. But it's like, what am I going to do that like lights me up and gives me those endorphins, and like I love the concept of like what's going to turn me on and not in like the sexual way, but also kind of like also like what's going to make me feel alive and like a static?
Speaker 4: I love that. And I love especially with exercise, like you want to be as excited before it as good as you feel after it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I hate when people like I I go for a walk every day or I strength to train because I know I'll feel good after. It's like you can feel good before too.
Speaker 1: Yeah and during I love that. Okay, So my last theme is soulful and this is just really about me having such a clear calling to reconnect and feel more connected with my soul. Oh, from like from like a you know, like kind of leading on from my previous theme of being like lit up, excited, adventurous, trusting my path, trusting my intuition. And a big thing that I'm looking into is like knowing because I do believe in past lives, and it's like I've I've planned this journey. I need to trust myself and it's like I've been here before, Like I know, I know who I am and I need to like trust and lock into it. And it's like the words that really resonated into me is I'm reawakening and I'm remembering, So I'm not finding out who I am, I'm remembering who I am. Wow, And that just feels so much more empowered to me. Yeah, And I think this is also about just like having more like love and compassion for myself and remembering that I'm like I'm here for a human experience. I'm here to have a bit of fun. Yeah, Like it's not all bloody doom and gloom.
Speaker 4: It's not that serious.
Speaker 1: It's not that serious, Like stop taking myself so seriously enjoying it and also like tapping more into my spiritual side and I think, you know, I've always been someone who very much taps in like to my intuition. I love my tarot cards and my journaling, but also like a whole new side of that. Yeah, that like it feels really exciting. And also to like almost tap into the surrender of like not knowing but trusting. I feel like that's what.
Speaker 4: This theme is. I think that's so beautiful and so powerful, so powerful.
Speaker 1: And then the tangibles for that is like just like really being creating space for my spiritual rituals. So like my meditation, my journaling, maybe upskilling like I would love to do like a hypnotherapy course and like an EFT tapping course or something like that. That's actually modalities that I practice myself, and I go, I get a lot at So I'm like, well, I would love to learn those things to like upskill in those things like prioritizing peace and like happiness with in me over anything else. I don't know. That probably seems like really simple, but again I haven't done that. I've always prioritized other things. I've always prioritized goals or like achieving the thing or driving the fucking driving story. Yeah, and that just feels like really really good and really exciting. And again it's like these are all And this is another thing about like goals or whatever is they don't have to be completely new things. Like all these themes I'm talking about are things that I have previously like touched in or locked into or have had lessons on. But it's like it's moving things to a new level and know that I get to evolve and like trusting that it gets to like look different but it can still be the same theme.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's so beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love how you like had your themes and your tangibles and like very like you defined them and you have phrases and affirmations for all of them. Yes, you need to reorganize mine.
Speaker 1: Do you want to go through yours?
Speaker 4: I can give you a few give us, give us a little rundown, give you a little rundown. Bye. We'll be going back reflecting and maybe doing some themes as well, because I really like how you've got that and it seems like it's very organized, which I really like. But also I love having associated tangibles with feelings because my goals this year, last year, I feel like I had very tangible, nitty gritty goals, but this is very much emotions and energy and things I want to be able to feel and feel into and integrate into my life because I feel like when I redid do it for your futureself. In the middle of the year last year, I went gosh, all these like tangible things I thought I wanted, I don't and I didn't feel like the first six months were a waste. But I was like, gosh, if I was just focusing on energy and feelings, the tangibles will come.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: So mine are very feelings based. But the first one is flexibility. I want to be able to embrace change in every aspect of my life, especially my routines. My routines are something I worked on last year and got really struck and good at. But now I feel like it's the next level of if my day's thrown out, I'm still getting a I'm still being able to do all the things that make me feel good on the go. But it's easy and it's flowy and it's not stressful.
Speaker 1: Love that.
Speaker 4: My next one is present. I the quote like be where your feet are. I just want to be able to be in the present moment more and not worry about the past and not stress about the future and just like enjoy the day.
Speaker 1: I love that be where your feet are. Yeah, that is so powerful.
Speaker 4: Thank you. The third one is main character Energy.
Speaker 1: Main character Energy.
Speaker 4: Baby. I want to finally like take charge of my life. I feel like, in bits and pieces, I've let other things kind of run the show or I've been like just almost an extra, and I'm ready to just like write my own story.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love this. Yeah. So you have like tangibles for any of them or is that what you're going to do? That's what I'm going to have to dole.
Speaker 4: I'm completely out the Window's fine.
Speaker 1: I love those themes so much to Tia, they are so strong and powerful, and again, I truly believe it's got to be like if it's so fine to just like lock into the energy and look into the vibe and be clear on that. But that's another great thing about having the monthly check ins, And that's what I very much encourage is if you've bought to it for your future self, have a calendar invite every single month where you go back to it, because if you just have those themes and the vibes and like, you know, the intentions that you've created in the course. What you can do then is be very granular in your month, so you could literally look at your schedule and be like, how can I do tangible things in this month that the relate to these themes? Yeah, and then imagine if you did that every single month twelve times, how much more we would like get done and feel embodied our goals.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I think that's what I'm going to have to do.
Speaker 1: That's what we're all doing. Put it bloody in the group. We're putting all our.
Speaker 4: Lives and like a new term that's not smart goals, but is like smart goals for making goals like this.
Speaker 1: I know we'll do it.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll think about something, we'll come on with something.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that so much.
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right, my loves. I hope you enjoyed this episode where we dived into our visions and goals for twenty twenty four. If you haven't already and you want to get clear on your intentions and your visions for the year, we highly recommend you do the do it for your future self course. This is literally what it was created for seven days only thirty minutes a day and it's going to bring you so much clarity. You're going to then have a plan and then make sure you book in that date every single month and keep on to yourself because it does. It takes consistency, It takes constantly realigning and checking in with yourself. But I'm just so excited to sit in these themes and energies for the year. Me too, I'm so excited for this year.
Speaker 4: We'll pop a thread up and Facebook. If you guys have a brainstorm of what your themes are, we can have like a running almost bank of themes for people.
Speaker 1: I love it. I can't wait to hear what you guys are doing in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Bye everyone, Bye, Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Concer podcast.
Speaker 1: If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing and look. If you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple podcasts would be great.