Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Amy Torber and coming up on today's show, the blow up over the viral Henny Cardigan, Sky Wheatley's partner's business goes into external administration, and m Davies touching baby news. But first, Sophie, you're still reeling from Molly May and Tommy Fury's breakup news. As the official Outspoken correspondent, can you tell us the latest yet? Well, we haven't heard any confirmation yet from Molly May. She has remained silent on this topic, but that hasn't stopped the rumor meal from going into absolute overdrive. We are swimming in a lot of rumors on the internet at the moment. The one gaining the most traction is the rumor that Tommy cheated on Molly during an alcohol field lad's holiday to North Macedonia with a Danish girl. Well, this was actually printed in the Sun. Yeah. According to the Sun, Tommy was seen kissing a blonde woman in a nightclub during what they described as a two am vodka binge. Now, this was reportedly just days before Molly May announced their split on Instagram. A source who claims to have witnessed the kiss told the son he was down in gray Goose vodka and didn't seem to care who saw him with the girl he kissed her. This will be heartbreaking for Molly May. There was also a quote that interested me from Molly's so called friend, and the friend, of course isn't named in this article, but I would not be surprised if her manager, Fran was briefing the press. So the friend was quoted in the newspapers saying Molly was told he had cheated on her with a Danish woman he'd met while he was away in Macedonia. She didn't want to believe it was true. When she confronted him and asked him if he had cheated on her, Tommy didn't deny it. It told Molly May all she needed to know, and she ended it. He's moved out of the house and she's absolutely reeling from it all. Tommy's management team have also been working hard in the background trying to shoot down some of them rumors. They released a statement saying that he has been left horrified by the false rumors and he's also consulting currently with his lawyers because of these rumors that are being circulated by the meeting. It's pretty bold of his team to come out and label these allegations as false, because surely there is a woman waiting in the wings, just getting ready to tell her story. Yeah, but when they're talking about false rumors, I think what they're referring to other rumors that we touched on on Friday's episode, and that was in relation to a TikTok rumor that Tommy had impregnated a boxing coach's daughter. Oh yeah, Now that gained a lot of momentum online and people were harassing the woman, leaving comments saying, tell us that this isn't Tommy Fury's child, and her dad had to come out and say, I couldn't believe what we woke up to. She has a lovely partner. Here's a photo of them together. So I think that his team is saying, look, this rumor is not true. It's been proven to be und true. So you've got to be really careful about what you're going to post in the future. Yeah, you need to get your source is not from TikTok. Makes right, I met that could be a good start.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The paparazzi have been camped outside Molly's house for days now, which would just be so incredibly tough when you're going through a breakup. That being said, I was very interested to see who were her support people in that moment because we do know that her sister is currently away on her honeymoon. And it was so cute because her dad rocked up with a bunch of flowers and he has also unfollowed Tommy on Instagram, which sends a strong message from her manager was also there as well as a handful of her other friends and everyone has been waiting to catch the first glimpse of Molly since the breakup, where everyone wants to see if she's doing okay. Yeah, and it didn't disappoint because the paparazzi snapped Molly and her friends in the car at the McDonald's drive through. Can she be any more relatable? That's the first thing that anyone does when they're going through a breakup. They've got to get in the car with their friends, put on breakup music and get McDonald's like it is the best therapy. I would have loved to know what was on their playlist and what they were discussing. You want to know what they ordered? What about the person who's serving Molly bay though? How awkward? Like tell me everything now. The paparazzi also snapped photos of Tommy returning home Briefly. He was only there for forty minutes on Friday, but it's believed it's the first time Tommy and Molly have seen each other since they're split, and everyone is talking about what is going to happen to their beautiful six bedroom mansion. So interestingly, there are reports that, according to the land registry papers, this house, which was bought for three point eight pounds in twenty twenty two, was solely purchased in Molly's name, So this means that Tommy is unlikely to have any financial stake in this property. I am so happy to hear that because you can just tell what a safe haven that home is for Molly. It has her written all over, it is her interior design, so I'm glad it looks like she'll get to keep that in the split. I'm wondering how that works, because if you're a de facto's in Australia, regardless of if your name is on the paperwork, you still have some claim to the property. I don't know if the rules are different in the UK, but I'm hoping that Molly's able to keep the house. Now for those who are hoping that maybe Tommy and Molly might be able to work through their issues, is looking more and more unlikely because a large skip has been seen outside the mansion with a suitcase poking out the top of it, and many think that this skip is slowly going to be filled with Tommy's belongings and that suitcase is his. If a picture doesn't paint a thousand words, I think that she wants the paparazzi to see him having to fish that suitcase out of the skip, because that would be absolutely iconic. It just sends the strong message that he has done something and we're all waiting to unpack what that is. He needs to be put in the bin, doesn't he Yes, I.
Speaker 2: Don't give a shit what fucking cardigan you wear?
Speaker 1: Author Kate Forster says she's been inundated with prank calls and online abuse since creating a TikTok video calling out the viral Henny Cardigan. The fifty three year old questioned, young people all want to look the same by wearing the cult cardigan created by fashion influencer Nardier Bartel. So this cardigan has been all over my for you page. It is everywhere. Every time I go on TikTok, I'm seeing a fashion influencer either reviewing this cardigan or showing how to style it. Now, the cardigan is called Selene, and what makes it stand out is the fact that it's fluffy. So it's made from our packer blend and it comes in a range of different colors. It currently retails for two hundred and twenty nine dollars, which is quite expensive for a cardigan. I mean it is pricey. I don't own the viral Henny cardigan, and I want to put it out there. Please no one come after me. But I know that this is one item of clothing that my husband would pay me out for wearing. So it's more of like girls get this kind of fashion. Yeah, definitely, this is something that I don't think guys would get. And for the purpose of this podcast, I ask my husband, what is your take on this cardigan? And he said that he thinks I would look like a little kiwi fruit wearing it, which isn't actually that bad, Like, that's kind of cute, a little kiwi fruit with fur on it. I actually think it's quite a cute way to describe it. But I pushed him even further and he said that it kind of looked like the designer got a glue stick rubbed it all over the cardigan and then someone rolled around in hair. Are you trying to get Brandon canceled? Because people are very passionate about this cardigan. Well, after he gave me his honest review, I told him that women are coming after anyone who speaks badly about this cardigan, and he looked genuinely horrified, and he pleaded with me not to mention his comments. So it looks like a really cozy cargan. Yeah, it has been touted as this perfect winter staple because it looks very warm, especially if you're living in Melbourne where it's extra cold. Now. This cardigan is currently so hard to get your hands on because it is so hyped up on TikTok.
Speaker 3: I have been trying to get my hands on the items in this package for quite literally months, so I'm very excited to open them. We've all seen it, the viral handy cardigans I got it in two colors, so let's.
Speaker 2: Try them up.
Speaker 1: I have noticed that TikTokers are always leaving their LTK codes that their followers can go and shop their Henny look and on the Henny website. This cardigan is currently out of stock, but there's a little countdown to when it will be back, so I think it's almost a way to build hype, like, oh my god, I've got to get my hands on this cardigan. Yeah, but despite it being out of stock, the Henny marketing team is continuing to drip feed gifted cardigans to micro influencers purely so they'll post about it, creating more hype around this item. Well yeah. I recently saw one TikToker who has four thousand followers, saying that Henny had just dropped her the out of stock cardigan, which then motivated her to create a try on video about it. Here's what she said, I must be in Henny's good books today.
Speaker 4: Unannounced, the postman arrived with the delivery and inside was the sold out Selene CARDI it's basically impossible to get your hands on. Somehow, I got said one. I am so obsessed.
Speaker 1: I think this is a really clever tactic because if Henny were to gift this out of stock cardigan to large influencers, I think that that would create a lot of animosity and jealousy. But because they're gifting it to micro influencers who feel like our friends, it's subtly reminding us, don't forget about this cardigan. It's coming out soon. And also at the same time, we're hearing a micro influencer who was so appreciative to get it. Yeah, and this brand is one of those cool girl brands. It's very chic, it's very Melbourne. It was founded by influencer Nadia Bartel in twenty nineteen with her sister, and it has quickly become a cult favorite.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now this is where author Kate Forster enters the chat. So she is a best selling author who recently joined TikTok and in the space of a few weeks, she's gained over twenty four thousand followers, and that's by sharing advice and fashion reviews. And I have to put it out there. I am a big fan of her content. She is refreshingly honest and absolutely hilarious. Her content is very satirical and she just says it how it is. She's been popping up a lot for me, and I find her content it's like, it's nothing serious, it's just funny. Yeah. I first came across her content when she created a couple of tiktoks about the Witchery rebrand. Here's a snippet of what she said, Why why.
Speaker 2: Do you give a fuck about a mid brand like bloody Witchery? But Witchery is just not it. It was never it. It was always low rent Mimco and I hate Mimco. So stop worrying about it. Go and invest in better fashion, better quality, better style, support young creators. I don't know, just fucking get over Witchery.
Speaker 1: As you can hear from this clip, she is hilarious, but she's also very passionate about women supporting other brands, and not just the mainstream brands. Since that video, she's reviewed Zimmerman, Country Road, Sports Girl, Cookie, Suzanne's Spell, and also White Fox. White Fox was one of my favorites. Yeah, go and check it out, like, oh my god, so spot on. But it wasn't until she shared her thoughts on Henny that her account really took off. Here's what she said.
Speaker 2: So hear me out right I say all those girls I saw an influencer yesterday to say that all the women of Australia except for the fat ones, are wearing the Henny Cardi. So I don't understand why girls who say their influencers are then all wearing the same uniform. It's this Henny Cardi that you know. I'm in my late twenties early thirties version of a white Fox sweater. I'm just questioning because I do see it a lot, and I'm just wondering, if you're going to be an influencer and a fashionista, why are you not looking at other brands for cardigans? For example? Like, it's a fucking cardigan. How do you want to wear the same thing as everyone else? Now?
Speaker 1: She is bang on describing the Henny cardigan as the late twenties to thirties version of the white Fox jumper, because it is exactly what it is. She has hit the nail on the head now. Kate then proceeded to show her followers a range of cardigans that other small brands sold and questioned why you'd want to look like the same person walking down the street. She then finished by saying this, Can.
Speaker 2: I stop saying the same fashion influences, wearing the same friggin' things. It's not a uniform. Start showing me what's good, not what everyone else is wearing.
Speaker 1: In a now deleted video, she also compared Henny wearers to bogans. Now that frustrated and upset a lot of people, shots fired. They again, I had the feeling it was satirical. I think she really hit the nail on the head about this concept of people wearing a uniform. Ever since TikTok, there's been this real desire to replicate trends and follow whatever the cool girl is currently wearing on there. It's not a platform that encourages people to be different and stand out, because you get rewarded if you copy other people's fashion trends. It's all about making sure also that you fit this cool girl aesthetic that's being dictated to us. And I think that with the cost of living crisis, we're also being told to look at capsule wardrobes and buy items that we can mix and match with others, and people are moving away from statement items. I'm always hearing stylist talk on TikTok about this is how you can create a uniform for work or a uniform for the weekend. Even no one has their own style, as you said, anymore, no one wants to stand out from the crowd. There's been so many times I've gone to a cafe and it's the white fox hoodies, like as Kate said, everyone wears. And I think, how embarrassing would that be if teenage? Yeah, all tenagers. It's kind of like when we were at high school and you'd have casual day. But back when we were high Scott was the billabong jacket and you'd be so embarrassed because you'd rock up and two other people would be wearing the same bang. It would be awful. As an adult, it's really awkward wearing the same thing as someone as well. I went to a wedding recently where I wore this bright blue dress. It was my sister in law's wedding and one of her friends wore the exact same dress, but we just had to own it. We ended up getting photos together and it was something we could bond over. But I do see the irony of going out to brunch. For some reason, I always envision in Melbourne and there's just a swarm of thirty something women in this fluffy jumper than Dewey is walking around little Kiwi fruits. Thank god there are different colors though, that might at least make you stand out a little bit.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Kate's video went absolutely viral, with a large portion of women actually agreeing wholeheardly with what she said, but it was also met with a lot of criticism. So one user told Kate that she is giving pick me vibes and finished by saying that the Cardi slap so you can tell that it's a there these girls sounds so triggered, I know. Another person said, have you actually tried it on? It's popular for a reason. Now, her video definitely seem to ruffle the feathers of fashion influencers who began sharing their thoughts on her video, But the catch was that they were doing what she described was a dog whistle. So what a dog whistle is is that you don't actually name the person that you're speaking about, but you act as if it's just a general thought about some like a trend that's happening, even though it's clearly one person that you're directing it out. Hate this this happens all the time. We've had this where people will literally like, they'll be talking about something our podcast has spoken about, but they won't reference the podcast because they know that people will go over to it and agree, Yeah, why no context is what they're saying either because they're like, oh, you know, it doesn't really matter. It was you know, it was some gossip thing. And then and it's like, no, just name it. Own it. You gotta call something out, name it. The funniest thing is I think that we were actually just dog whistling ourselves then. But I think people will be able to read into it. Will we name and name and shame all the time. We may go into that in a subs episode because we're getting off track now. A fashion influencer called ari Yasman, who has over twenty thousand followers on TikTok, created a video not naming Kate, but saying she doesn't like the current trend of people critiquing viral outfits in a passive aggressive way.
Speaker 6: Here's what she said, quick one, When did we start being mean to people about liking and wearing popular items of clothing. There's a genre of video I really like on here, which is kind of talking about trends, maybe critiquing trends, maybe critiquing brands when they're not doing good enough, like the Witchery rebrand. Then there's another trend that I don't think I like so much, and that's kind of critiquing individual creators or people for wearing what we don't think are interesting enough outfits, or wearing something that's really viral or really popular. Some of the stuff I've seen recently kind of just seems to be being passive aggressive to people who like wearing things that are popular in Australia right now. But I feel like, are we not just making women feel bad about themselves for something that's not problematic and not hurting anyone.
Speaker 1: She finished by asking everyone else's thoughts on the matter and says she's forming her opinion on it as she speaks. However, Kate Forster actually accused her of removing any comments that didn't agree with her opinion. So it's interesting to ask for comments but then not like it when someone shares a different opinion. Now, there was a very mixed response, as I said in the comment section, and one of the notable responses was from Victoria Devine, who runs the She's on the Money podcast, and she agreed with Ari's sentiment, writing, it's not even being passive aggressive, She's being a bully. I can't believe in twenty twenty four so many people are supportive of her content. Now, a follower reply to Victoria saying, I'm genuinely surprised to see you making this comment. I followed you for a while now which part is bulling? And I shared the same sentiment as this commenter now, Victoria responded, if you don't see the content I'm referring to as blatant bulling, perhaps you shouldn't follow me. She continued, saying her body shaming and name calling should be glaringly obvious signs of bullying. No, I'm really surprised that Victoria would weigh into this and have this opinion. I mean, she is a friend of the podcast, we have heard her on the show before. Though maybe she owns a Henny Cardigan and just saw red like I don't know. I do think that the word bulling by the general public, though, has been weaponized in twenty twenty four. I think that people are so quick to label any sort of critical thinking as bulling, and just because someone might critique something or challenge your way of thinking, I don't think that we can categorize that as bulling. I have never seen Kate body shame anyone. I've consumed a lot of her content, and if anything, she is the one who has been copying a lot of derogatory remarks about her appearance. There's been a lot of young women seeming to take issue with the way that she looks, calling her fat, saying she looks like Hagrid, and she's had a laugh about that, but I can tell that it has actually affected her. It's just so nasty. The whole thing to me seems quite ageist. It's like, how dare you a woman who's in her fifties have an opinion on fashion? Yeah, that's ultimately what I think it comes down to. You know, in this day and age where everyone's so woke, maybe this content might be surprising to some because it's quite refreshing to see someone actually being satirical. She drops the odd F bomb, she pokes fun. It's very lighthearted. But do any of these Jen Edison have like a sense of humans? Yet? How can people not tell this is a jog and it's not even as you said, it's not. She hasn't body shamed anyone. It's simply a joke about fashion, but it's also the fact that she is actually very passionate about fashion, and she's just calling out the fact that there's no individuality and she wants people to support smaller brands because a lot of smaller fashion brands are going under now. Kate hit back to the critique, saying this.
Speaker 2: Say, a lot of these fucking young women on here who are afraid to actually say what they think. Do you know what, that's the number one thing that will get you through life is fucking sticking to your ideals and your values and having a fucking inner moral compass. Right. I don't give a shit what fucking cardigan you wear. I actually really don't care. It's all a fucking meme. This app it's all a meme simply asking people to look at other brands because the Australian industry, fashion industry is in the fucking toilet. So if you're all wearing Hanny, what about the other nitweb providers.
Speaker 1: Kate also raised a really interesting point about kickbacks which influencers receive for pushing certain brands. So a common theme through the viral Henny Cardigan videos is influencers offering up their LTK links to shop the law. Yeah, and if you haven't seen LTK before, it is basically an app where you can shop your favorite influencers content. So they don't just put clothes up there. You can also shop their furniture and their house, or their paintings or their homeware. It's very clever marketing. It's basically an affiliate link, so everything is for sale, that's right. So what happens with the Henny cardigan is an influencer will share their LTK link and it will then direct you to the Henny website. But what a lot of people don't know is that the influencer actually receives a commission for each purchase you make. It can be very lucrative for fashion influencers because they can make anywhere between ten to thirty percent off that affiliate link. So when it comes to an item like at the Henny cardigan, which is two hundred and twenty nine dollars, they are making twenty two dollars ninety of every cardigan you purchase from their link, So clearly they have an incentive to be pushing that cardigan, to be creating content around that Cardigan and Hennier also very clever to be on LTK because they get access to over two hundred thousand influencers who were signed up to it, and when you search Henny on LTK, you can see just how many people are collaborating with them, just how many people are building hype over this cardigan. Now, this discovery led Kate to question are the kickbacks the reason so many influencers are pushing this cardigan? Here's what she had to say.
Speaker 5: So is the Henny Cardigan viral because it's a great cardigan, because I've heard mixed reviews and I don't give a shit. I'm never gonna wear it. Is it viral because everyone loves it? Or is it viral because all the influencers are getting a percentage of when they sell it, so you have to be transparent as an influencer.
Speaker 1: Kate also questioned the transparency, saying if influencers have to declare paid partnerships, why don't they have to say they're getting a cut each time they push a cardigan? Which is such a good point. It is such a valid point because if I'm shopping in influencers, look, I want to know what they're making from it, because are they telling me that this pair of jeans is great because they genuinely like it, or is it because they're making a huge commission of it now. Things really escalated when Kate started receiving prank calls to her house, so she posted a TikTok at one am on a Saturday night saying she hadn't slept because of repeated calls from people abusing her for calling out influences over a cardigan. Here's what she said.
Speaker 2: I have received repeated phone calls to my house to my mobile phone, which I don't know where they got my fucking number. I probably didn't hide it very well. They have called me many times and made fun of me over the phone about this. So if you think you're standing for Henny, you're actually putting a massive skid mark on it, because now on and my I don't know, NOI sixteen thousand followers probably are going to look at this brand and gone say, well, you kind of aren't pretending to be something that you're not more power than you think by threatening me over the phone, by invading my personal space because I asked an influencer who always talks about fashion to try other brands and then ask general Australian influencers to try other brands because Australian fashion is in a crisis. You have actually done this brand a disservice because you have made the brand look like main girls. I don't know if they are or aren't.
Speaker 1: Kate finished by saying she was worried for her safety. This is shocking that things have escalated this much over a cardigan. It would be really terrifying for her as well. I mean she's got ten age kids, she's hopped on TikTok really for the first time. I mean, she's no stranger to the industry. She's had radio shows before, she's a very successful author. But it would be a very strange feeling to be targeted in this way over something that you see as lighthearted. For TikTokers are just next level, aren't they. Yeah? I mean I think strolling and the commentary's disgusting. Absolute cesspool of people. Now I want to point out what an absolute class act Nadia Bartel is because following this revelation, she DMed Kate to apologize. She wrote, Hi, Kate, I am reaching out to you because of a few of your tiktoks I've seen. I'm so sorry you have been receiving threatening calls to your home. Neither Henny nor I support bulling of any form. So Kate shared this DM to her TikTok, saying she told Nadia the tea and they both agreed. Some people in privileged positions should know better what an absolute burn she is sharing this to her TikTok to say that your queen, Nadia Bartell is siding with me. It's just a big fuck you. Basically, I just think that this is a really fantastic pr move by Nadia. She could have blocked Kate or got angry that she was commenting about her brand, but she rose above her and befriended her. And I think we've seen so many influences in the past take any sort of criticism or feedback badly. They blow up and they don't even take the chance to actually look at what people have said about them. Yeah, here's some free PR advice for influencers. If you get called out, don't go on the attack. Go in there with kindness. Because of anything, Kate has actually pumped up this cardigan even more. She has shown how devoted these Henny fans are. I want it now exactly. I might have looked at Henny I was like, oh, I don't think the Kiwi cardigan is for me. But she's got some k Selene, Selene, She's got some really amazing bomber jackets and jeans. Nadia just looks cool in anything. I stand that so hard. Did you bring out like a penny plastic bag for freakin two hundred bucks and people would buy it? Or maybe not plastic, maybe paper.
Speaker 2: You guys are gonna be her best friend.
Speaker 1: Perth influencer m Davies has announced the birth of her first child, and surprisingly, this is an influencer baby name. I think that outspoken can get behind. Yeah, I really like it. So Em and her partner Joel Gamban have named their daughter Eila Sue Gambon, and perhaps this is a sign of the times that we're going to see more influencers going for traditional names. Well, Eiler was actually crowned as the most popular girl's name in Queensland in twenty twenty three, and as you said, Amy, it is quite unusual to see influencers go for a name that's very mainstream.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Em previously told her followers not to expect a weird baby name from her because she said she much prefers the traditional names, and she even gave her followers an insight into the style of baby names she liked before give birth. So for the girls that included Delilah, Maye, Sadie, Stevie, Rommy, and Alaura, I'd say there are a few unusual names the way. Well, I think that they're pretty normal by today's stand Yeah, it's not like kombucherous because my algorithm is constantly feeding me kids' names and these ones are very popular at the moment. And for boys' names, she also liked Blue, Carter, and Kai. And it was really beautiful because Em selected her baby's middle name as Sue, and that's named after her mum, who sadly passed away. Some followers were quite intrigued because em had said that no matter what, she wanted, to call the baby's middle name Sue. So people were thinking, well, if you were going to call your boy blue, would it have been blue? Sue sounds like blues clues. Surely she wouldn't have given the name Sue for a boys, I know now. Her mom did sadly pass away a couple of years ago, and em has spoken in great depth about feeling very connected to her mum during her pregnancy, particularly being pregnant with a baby girl, and she shared a really sweet photo showing a little red birthmark near her daughter's eye and wrote angel kisses from Nanny in the sky, which was really sweet. Well, m broke the news on Instagram, sharing a carousel of photos of her newborn with the caption thirteen eight twenty four six seven pm Isla Sue Gambon, I've never felt a love like this. We did it, and she tagged her partner Joel Gambon. The post received over eighty eight thousand likes and the Blue Tick Brigade were out in force in the comments section. So Sammy Robinson wrote congratulations, beautiful family. Tammy Hembro added crying She's so perfect. Love you guys, while Skywheetly commented looks like an actual doll. I'm crying. She is a very beautiful baby. Yeah, she's a gorgeous little girl. And Chloe Zepp, Gracie Piscapo, Indy Clinton, so for dof jar Da Tunci, Tylia Skeaines and Lucy Jackson were also amongst the well known Aussie influencers commenting, I'm assuming Lily Brown did as well, but she's blow I couldn't see her comment well. I also noticed that Nicky and Lucy took time away from their amazing trip of Mikinos where they are celebrating Nicky's hands to face time with EM. I wonder if they'll be competing with Lily Brown to be sort of like the best to your well, A lot of the time, when someone has a baby and there's baby showers and then birthday parties following it, you realize it's such a special time in someone's life that you sort of drop all of that shit. So maybe this will be an opportunity for the gang to get back together bybee Now, EM has been really active on TikTok and she's even added Eila's mamma to her name, and her birth video has wrapped up one million views on Instagram already. So this video shows all the highlights of the birthing experience. So we see EM and Joel walking into the hospital, as well as EM in the hospital bed strapped up to all of the monitoring systems and EM opted for a vaginal birth, and you can see a photo of EM's mum propped up by her bed as she gives birth, which was just such a sweet touch. The video also shows snippets of Em crying as Joel comforts her and shots of the delivery. Now, a lot of people were commenting who actually filmed this content? I think maybe people were thinking, was it the nurses, it like the midwife videography. Yeah, but it was actually two of EM's friends who were support people, like they were allowed in the birthing sweet and they did such a good job. It has only been five days since Em gave birth, but she is delivering on the newborn content. So she shared the hot dad style TikTok video of Joel carrying baby Isler out of the hospital in her capsule. That is a very viral video that I'm seeing a lot of creators making. She also shared a hilarious video of her holding her baby in the hospital bed surrounded by sushi, with the caption It's good being zero weeks present. She has been missing that a lot.
Speaker 4: Are you doing those?
Speaker 5: We're running?
Speaker 1: Aaron Snow, a shop fitting company run by Guy Wheatley's partner Lockie War, has gone into external administration after reportedly being unable to pay its debts now. Amy. This came as a bit of a surprise because Lockie's business, which is called shop fit Co, has recently been running a large social media as campaign talking about how they're expanding their operations. Yeah, this kept popping up on my Instagram feed for some reason. And shop fit Co is a very well known business on the Gold Coast. It has completed fit outs for a number of high profile shops, including Quicksilver, Muffin Break and also Sassin Byte. There has been no official word yet from Locke or Sky about the company going into external administration, and even on Thursday, the company was still uploading posts on as social media account. Yeah, and shop fit Co is regularly featured in Sky's YouTube videos. So they are renovating their Gold Coast mansion. They've been renovating it for what feels like forever, It's been five years, and in recent videos we've seen Locke's staff popping up in their shop fit Ko shirt carrying out the renovations. I wonder if it's because there's not much work for them to be doing on other projects, so like, better get my money's worth and get them working on my own house. Well, the image that they've been portraying, is this is a very successful business. Yeah, they definitely give off this impression that they're very successful. That being said, there have been some whispers about financial issues within the business because there were reports that Locke's company had been locked in a very bitter court battle with a Sydney man since twenty twenty three, and Shopfit Co says that the man still owes them close to sixty thousand dollars for a fit out that they did for a Portuguese burger bar. Now things got murkier because the business owner is now countersuing Shopfit, alleging that the work was not up to scratch and they're wanting damages for a breach of contract and also loss of opportunity. So it sounds like a very stressful time. Yeah, And I think there's also a bit of confusion over this term external administration and what it actually means. So for those who are unaware, it basically means that someone from outside of Locke's business, known as an external administrator, has been appointed to either try and save this business, to sell it, or to wind it down to try and repay its debts. And according to the Gold Coast bulletin. Shop fit Co is being administered under the Small Business Restructuring Program, So this program gives companies with debts of less than one million dollars a last ditch attempt to avoid liquidation. And interestingly, documents show that the majority of the money that shop fit Co actually owes is to the ATO, and there have been a lot of reports that the ATO is undergoing a massive crackdown. So we're seeing a lot of businesses, especially construction businesses, currently being chased by the ATO for unpaid taxes. And this is because there was a pandemic induced hiatus on the ATO enforcing these tax payments. Now, this story has been making a lot of headlines, particularly on the Gold Coast, and it's good to see the sky. Wheatley has been very sensitive handling this situation with her partner because she has been poking a lot of fun at him about it. So over the weekend she shared an Instagram story of Lockey washing her car and she wrote, never seen him do this. I'm giving him pocket money since he's broke now with three cry pass Well, surely things aren't that die if she's paying him out all. I just think it's her sense of humor. A lot of fans have noticed that Locke has had much more of a presence on a social media account, because previously he would protest to being in a TikTok videos and he'd begrudgingly appear. But now he seems sort of down to be in it, and I wonder if it's because now that his business isn't doing so well, he thinks, fuck, maybe I've got to have a social media presence online. Maybe this is a secondary income for me. I think maybe it's made him appreciate Sky more and he's thought, well, fuck, is Sky's actually going to be bringing in most of the income into this family? Maybe I need to support her. Well, that's all we've got time for today. Thank you so much for listening to another episode. Please don't forget to follow us on Instagram and TikTok. We're at Outspoken Underscore the Underscore podcast. Also, you can follow Kate, Sophie and I on Instagram. Will be sharing some fun behind the scenes videos soon. A bit of a fun fact. This is the second time we have recorded this episode and that is why it is a day late because we had a major technical difficulty. We have new recording equipment. But we have very old microphones and old microphone cards, and one of them is faulty. So you went to sit down on Monday night and edit a amy and my whole microphone was crackling. I tried to edit it around it, but it was just absolutely impossible. My husband was so mad at me. I was literally sitting on the toilet when you're cold, and I just was like, yeah, every time you get some kind of news, you're sitting on the toilet. Last week it was the Molly and Tommy News. Now it was the podcast is when you're on your phone, you've got time to scroll anyway, leaving everyone with that beautiful image. But this episode was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to elders past and present.
Speaker 2: To the past found nas