Speaker 1: Mate. I was shook, as I was likely. I did not believe what I just seen. I was like, did that just happen? What has gone on? Everyone was stunned.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, and welcome back to another episode of Live Uncut.
Speaker 3: I'm Laura and I'm Brittany.
Speaker 2: And it's good to be here, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Just My favorite part about the podcast is as soon as we do our intro, one of us looks at the other and they're like, where do we go?
Speaker 2: What do we do? It's like, this is our one hundredth and thirteenth episode and we still do not know what. I'm going to correct you.
Speaker 3: I think we're actually up to like one hundred and twenty six now, and escales quickly.
Speaker 2: Oh that's true, So I was only counting season two. We've been around for a while, guys. This is not our first rodeo, even though it's like it might sound like it is exactly So, Okay, I'm going to tell you guys what we have in store for you today. Something we've been talking about on literally every single episode for the past X amount of months is married at First Sight, and we've been talking about the editing and the production and the gas ladding and the toxic relationships and what not to do, the absolute dumpster fire. Once again, that is Maths. But we do have someone from mass on the podcast today and they are going to be telling us the inns, the outs, the down and the dirty of this season that's just passed, and that is Booker. So we're going to sit down with Booker today and she was really open and vulnerable and she didn't really hold back on some of the things that I thought maybe she wouldn't be able to share with us. So she's really telling us a lot of the editing and producer side of questions, which both Britt and I find really interesting coming from a Bachelor.
Speaker 3: Background, and it actually surprisingly did differ a lot from the Bachelor, which I found really interesting. But we didn't shy away from what we asked her. We did ask the hard questions. We asked about Bryce, we asked about beck, we asked about Melissa. So it's a really really interesting chat. But Laura, before we do that, we want to tell you guys about something that we read this week and we just I thought it was absolutely hilarious. There's a part of me that's like, well played. Bravo then there's another part of me that's like, what the fuck you actually crazy? Man?
Speaker 2: There is a man in Japan.
Speaker 3: Who has thirty five plus girlfriends, all simultaneously, purely, purely for the fact, not for sex, not for anything else. He told every single girlfriend that he had a different birthday, So we must have kept a spreadsheet for who he told for what birthday, so that he would get really expensive gifts from them. And this sounds funny, but he's actually just been charged with fraud. Because the man has gotten something like twenty thousand dollars worth of gifts out of these poor women.
Speaker 2: It's actually wild. So what happened was that the women had somehow found out we don't know exactly how one or two of them or twenty of them had found out about the others, but it had come to their knowledge that this guy, his name is Takashi Miagawa, he's thirty nine years old, and these women came together and started at victims are so to try and uncover if there was any more of them that had been targeted by him. So in total there was thirty five women. They went to the police and he's been criminally charged for defrauding these women out of birthday presents, which just sounds wild, and I know it sounds funny, but in the same sense, I'm actually kind of happy that the police took these women seriously and was like, no, that's a really shit bloke and he deserves to be charged for something. The police at the moment are kind of like, we don't know what we're.
Speaker 3: Charging him for.
Speaker 2: We think it's fraud. It's all very up in the air for what the allegations and what criminal charges he may face, but this is it. He's been arrested.
Speaker 3: I thought my ex was bad having eight on the go at once, but this guy having thirty five. Can you imagine how organized you need to be. You need to have spreadsheets, powerpoints, you need to have everything in order in your house. Is he bringing them like logistically?
Speaker 2: How does his work?
Speaker 3: Is he bringing them back to his apartment? How does he have nothing personal from every single woman's that he's dating?
Speaker 2: Okay, but also who is even meeting third five women? Like all thirty five men, there are not thirty five eligible men that I could date in any one time, So how is he meeting thirty five women to date?
Speaker 3: I mean, we're having to laugh about it. But people like this, they are predators. They're praying on people that are vulnerable and praying on people that you know, have a lot of love to give, and I are looking for that. So what this man was doing, which is classic behavior, as soon as he met these women, he knew that they were all people looking for relationships, so he started to promise quite early on marriage and things that he was looking for this serious relationship. So he was luring them into a false sense of security from day one. Then he would just drop that at his birthday and that.
Speaker 2: This is what he wanted.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: You're so right, and I think, like it's one thing to sit here and laugh, like the article is funny. The article is in Daily Mail. We shouldn't promote them because we hate them, but anyway, it's in Daily Mail. But I did look at other news sources and there are many many other new sites that have reported on this, and obviously the news articles of themselves are taking a bit of a comical stance. But what the guy has done is so shit, and we all know anyone who's been misled in a relationship does feel like, okay, there needs to be some accountability here. And very rarely is there ever any accountability or very rarely does anyone ever have to own up to the fact that they've lied and misled. But the thing that is wild to me is that if this happened in Sydney, three quarters of the population of men would be down at the Downy Center right now. That'd all be charged. The amount of men that I've dated who have had multiple women on going at the goal at the same time and have also made a lot of promises. Yeah, I feel victimized.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like we know what his love languages. Anyways, it's like one hundred gifts. This man does not need to unpack. There is no acts of service. Ain't doing it for him. He wants a Louis Vuitton Walllet okay, let me tell you something that I do want to talk about something quickly that in this chat today with Booker from Married at First Sight, Laura, I don't know how you felt. I got quite nostalgic, and I got like all these feelings when she was talking about the production and the behind the scenes and the feelings with the producers and you know, walking down the aisle, and I got taken back to my first night of the Bachelor, and in all honesty, I've got nothing but good memories. And I got really like nostalgic for that time, realizing that it really was like this one opportunity, in this one crazy experience that we lived and we'll never get to live again. Did you get emotional or is it just that I'm off the pill again and my hollmost crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm breastfeeding. My hormones are also wild as whack, But no, I feel exactly the same. One of the things that I think coming off the back of reality TV show is that reality TV shows in its entirety get a really bad rap and everyone says, oh my god, never apply, never do it. You don't know how you're going to get edited. But at the end of the day, I look at our lives and I look at so many other people who have gone and done reality TV, and I think it is truly a life changing experience. It changed my life completely. I have a fiance and two children out of going on Like what the hell is that I have a whole family because I went on a reality TV show. I definitely never would have thought that. This is my kind of advice to you guys out there, and I'm not going to say everybody should go and sign up for reality TV. It takes a very specific type of person who's.
Speaker 3: A specific type of crazy.
Speaker 2: But you also have to have a really strong sense of self and you have to have a really thick skin, not an inflated sense of your own ego. I'm not saying that, you know it's a narcissistic thing to go on and do reality TV. You just have to be confident and comfortable that even if people don't like you, your sense of self worth doesn't lie within what other people think of you. I think that's a really important thing. But if you do feel confident and you have had the thought, maybe I want to apply for reality TV, don't just be scared off by what other people say about it, because you know, Brita and I are here and we can both vouch for the fact that we both had really wonderful experiences. And even though at sometimes it was one of the most challenging things I have ever done in my entire life, it fundamentally changed me as a person. Like it's pushed me and pulled me into different directions in my life that I never thought it would. It's made me really front up to some things about myself that I don't think I had fully realized, especially the actually because it makes you be super emotional and talk about your feelings on national TV, and I felt so nostalgic listening to Booker speaks. I was like, God, that I was a good time in my life, and I meant to say that to your best days about LAB I meant.
Speaker 3: To say to you when we hung up the phone from Booker after the interview, because we interviewed her yesterday, Guys one day in advance, purely for scheduling, but it was the first time in ages I've thought about it, because I don't often think of my time back on The Bachelor. And I know that sounds crazy, because you know, we are together every day, Laura and I, and we do have this podcast and it was a huge part of our life, and I know on the podcast over the years we have a solid laugh at the Bachelor production what goes on behind the scenes. But I honestly have nothing bad to say about my experience, and I really wanted to reiterate that because Yesterda, I got all these feels and I was like, fuck, imagine if I went on now I would be I don't know how I would be edited because I would be crying in every single episode. Now I'd be like a whole different human.
Speaker 2: But you're in touch with your feelings. After doing this podcast for so long, you are a new and well connect did a rounded human.
Speaker 3: I'm an emotional train rate.
Speaker 2: This fucking podcast has driven me into the ground of broken mows.
Speaker 3: But guys, before we get into that, you know, we do our favorite segment, which is Accidentally Unfiltered.
Speaker 2: We wanted to keep this intro short and sharp because we do have a great, great interview for you guys today, and you know, if you have watched reality TV and you want to know a little bit more about the production side of things and like how much of it is manipulated and scheduled and how much of the conversation is forced, and I think this is going to be a really eye opening interview for you. But yes, Accidently Unfiltered it's where you guys share your most embarrassing stories. We read them out, we all have a laugh together at you guys. You can go, sir, do you want me to go first? Outrop In mind, BRIT's been laughing about her accidently unfiltered since the second we sat down. So I'm so excited to hear this one. Guys.
Speaker 3: We often read your accidentally unfiltered, and I want you guys to know we can't physically respond to all of your messages because we do get thousands of them, but we do them all. So just know that if we've left you on scene, we have seen it. But this one I read it and I had to.
Speaker 2: And if we have left you and read, we're not ourseholes either. We're trying to get back to everyone. Heause read not read. This is why I love Laura.
Speaker 3: I keep leaving all these people on read, but I actually rode straight back to this girl and I was just like fucking dead, like thank you for writing that. I just really felt for her. It comes from overseas, which I also love. She's come all the way from Switzerland with this story. Girls, bear with me. This is a semi longish one. This happened to me a couple of years ago. I met this guy who works for one of my favorite bands at a concert. We stayed in touch after that. Fast forward a couple of months. He happened to be in Switzerland for work and he wanted to meet up. Fyi, I'm from Switzerland. I didn't just fly over for a date.
Speaker 4: Loll.
Speaker 3: That's good girl. Anyway, he really wanted to go to this luxurious bar place in Zurich, which I could never even afford. But as if I was going to say no, I was already super nervous because I hadn't seen him in months, and also spending my first date with him in a bikini, well it's not really my exact idea of a perfect first date. Arriving in Zurich, I realized that I had forgot my bikini, so I had to buy one at the train station, which, of course you can imagine, didn't work out that well.
Speaker 2: The fit was terrible.
Speaker 3: We eventually made it to this really super fancy, luxurious, high end spa and it was my time to shine in my new bikini.
Speaker 2: In my twenty dollars service station bikini, I've just died.
Speaker 3: So we both got changed and then I walked towards him, trying to look really hot. But the floor was so freaking slippery, so of course I slipped, and what.
Speaker 2: A fall it was.
Speaker 3: My legs were up in the air, I fell on my bump and somehow someone had spilt the water all over the floor. I managed to.
Speaker 4: Slide three meters into a sunbed head first. It was dead silent after that, and everyone was staring at me. I laughed it off, because you know what else can a girl do. I got up suggested that we head outside, you know, far away from anyone that just witnessed what just happened.
Speaker 3: So we turned around. I led the way, trying to make up for it by sauntering outside looking semi hot again. I walked straight into the glass door that I hadn't seen.
Speaker 2: Wow, girlfriend, you are a hot mess and I'm so here for it. Yeah, it went pretty well for me.
Speaker 3: We ended up dating for a couple of months, so at least the pain was kind of worth it. I just died at this series of unfortunate events, from the ill fitting scene, through awkward bikini that you've bought at the train station, just liding across the ground head first in front of everyone and your date, to then topping it off and walking through the door like you can't script this shit, You just can't.
Speaker 2: I don't know why this reminded. This has nothing, it's so got nothing to do with it, but I just had this moment the other day, we went to the Wiggles concert with Marley. Right, Oh, very similar. Yeah, it's truly like my real life is vastly different to this person. In Switzerland, we went to the Wiggles concert and then after the Wiggles concert we went to a pub for lunch, and everyone there had been to the Wiggles concert. I love the contrast Wiggles to the pub and once again has nothing to do with this story, so I like, just like follow my weird brain dump for a story. Anyway, throughout the pub, everyone has ordered meals. The meals are taking forever, like an hour, it's already been since we ordered. But every single person that's there is an adult who has a child the same age as Marley, which means that it's now run over all of their naptimes, like because babies usually go and have their naptimes around twelve. It was a rave.
Speaker 3: It was holy shit.
Speaker 2: There was one second where I looked around and there was just a lot of screaming happening in this pub. And I looked around and there was one kid screaming like crying, having a tantrum, laying on the ground. Another kid was in her high chair, screaming, throwing her food on the floor. Another kid had gotten nude and was walking around the restaurants like Saturday night. It was like, this is a real, like this is just escalated. It's a real kind of like series of unfortunate events. And then there's Marley. She just pulled her pants down and was standing there trying to under her nappy, and I was like, We're all, fuck, this is her life. This is a boogie Switzerland. This is just a mom after naptime. I love that thing. I love it for me. Okay, anyway, so not the story, Okay, my accidentally Unfiltered that I have for you guys. Today, we had one that came in which was almost identical to the story that I'm going to tell, and it reminded me of this accidently Unfiltered which I had screenshot from like a year ago when we first started the podcast, and then I freaking lost it, as in I couldn't find the screenshot. Not hysteric. So I was like, wow, I can't want to hear this one. I thought you knew anyway, I couldn't find it. But then I got this new accidently unfiltered story came through and it reminded me of this one that I screenshop, So I'm gonna kind of paraphrase it because I can't tell you a word for word because they do not have it. But here it is. I was going on my first Tinder date with a guy who I was really, really into. We'd been speaking for weeks. It was that time to meet up in real life, so we decided that we'd go to a restaurant for a first dinner. We get to the restaurant and he's there, and he's hot, and I'm really flustered, and I'm standing at the sign that says wait here to be seated. And so we're standing there behind a couple of other couple waiting for our turn to go to the table. We're making small talk and as they become increasingly nervous, one of the things I do when I'm nervous is that I always put on chapstick. She's like, it's a nervous habit that I have, but it always makes me feel a little bit safer.
Speaker 3: We all love moist lips.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some something about having a well hydrated mouth that makes you feel less nervous.
Speaker 3: I chapstick like a hundred times a day.
Speaker 2: So here she is. She's like, I put my hand into my handbag and I pull out my chapstick. I take the lid off it, and I put the chapstick on whilst I'm still talking to the guy at the same time.
Speaker 3: Anyway, trying to look cute. Of course, doing it beIN cute.
Speaker 2: My lips still feel a little bit dry after I put the chapstick on, so I proceed and put on another coat of chapstick. While I'm putting on my second coat of chapstick, I realize that the guy is looking at me like I've literally just taken a shit in a cup. And I look down and I realize it's not chapstick at all. I've just put two coats of fluo zinc on my lips.
Speaker 3: In the middle of a restaurant.
Speaker 2: Please tell me it was like Fluoro green, you know, like Floro green see that you would use if you're gonna go like surfboarding around in the ocean for the day. And here she's standing in a nice restaurant with a guy that she just met with Floro green lipstick on. I wish I knew how that ended. I love her, whoever you are.
Speaker 3: I love you please tell me you didn't sit down.
Speaker 2: And have the meal. You're like, hey, let's get this takeaway. You would have to say, like because you could. You would be hysterics doing it with such purpose as well, like you meant to do it, Like you're looking him in the eye, You're having a conversation. You're trying to seduce the guy, like, oh maybe I like you?
Speaker 3: Who knows cute day.
Speaker 2: You're like, I meant to do that.
Speaker 3: Do you just own it?
Speaker 2: Live in it? You can die on that hill.
Speaker 3: Girlfriend, you don't know what'd been funny, Because this is like a trick that I do. I don't know if anyone else does this. I'll put like lip balm on, like a clear lip balm, but then I will put it on my eyebrows as well, because because like it actually is a secret little it's a secret squirrel trick to like keep your eyebous in place. It gives them a little bit of sham. Imagine if that was me and I had like two green swipes across my eyebrows, across my lips.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm laughing at. Like, imagine you living your best nineties life. I'm here for that, Okay, The reason why that one reminded me of a one that we received from ages ago was because someone had just written in that they did it on the couch in front of their boyfriend, and their boyfriend was like, girl, what the hell are you doing? So this isn't the only one time this has happened, It's happened to other people. Still a rarity. But if you guys have an accidentally unfiltered for us, please send it to our dms on Instagram. It's at Life Uncut podcast because we absolutely lived for these accidentally unfiltered stories. They make our day. Now it's time to get into the conversation with Booker. All right, life. As you know that we have been pretty much obsessed with maths this season and it has provided many of the conversations that we've had across the podcast in past episodes and today we are super excited to have Booker with us to be able to share with you some of the inns and the outs of married at first sight. Booker, welcome to Life Uncut.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks so much for having mecause.
Speaker 3: Now Booker, look, I just want to start. I'm all about honesty and transparency here at Life I cut Laura is sick for Married at First Sight, shed the drama or else every single series. I am going to put my hand up and say I have never watched an episode of Married at First Sight of any season. But what I do do is I follow up the next day and I get all the articles, and I do all the googling, and I watch the little highlight videos. But I've never been able to bring myself to watch an entire episode. I just want to be honest before we go into the.
Speaker 5: Chat, that's before going on the show.
Speaker 1: So like, that's so so fine that I'd heard of it, and I was like, sounds like a cool idea, and.
Speaker 3: I should go get married.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was the extent of my knowledge. So like the I feelia, I am.
Speaker 2: The one that every episode, I'm like, so we're going to talk and unpack this thing that happened on Maps last night, and that has literally brought us so many I mean, we did a whole episode on gas lighting, we had did a whole episode on micro cheating, and so many of these different like relationship themes have been the byproduct if watching Married at First Sight. So for that, I'm grateful, and so is Brittany. Even if she hasn't seen an episode.
Speaker 3: No, I'm loving talking about it because this season of Maths, I'm like, holy shit, this is such a toxic lava field, drama, field, hectic TV show. I was like, there's so much going on and there is so much wrong with it. But then you see a lot of the contestants come out, and I guess it's like The Bachelor in a way. You see a lot of the contestants come out and they're still friendly and they're all meeting up, and you're like, something's going on behind the scenes that we're not seen. But how have we seen this toxic part? But we want it, We do want to unpack that with you because we are just as interested as the listeners. But before we do Booker, we always get all of our guests to bring an accidentally unfiltered. Now this is essentially it's just your most embarrassing story or a very embarrassing story.
Speaker 2: We just feel like it breaks the eyes and.
Speaker 3: Unless the people know you a little bit better. So do you have an accidentally unfiltered for us today?
Speaker 5: Yes, I've got a lot. I got a lot feeling.
Speaker 1: One time I was married to this guy and I covered the entire apartment in photos of his face and maybe.
Speaker 5: Out of a cool like can you even imagine?
Speaker 2: So imagine it on national TV though, really to escalate things.
Speaker 5: I woke up the next morning.
Speaker 1: I was like, what did you do? But yeah, no, I actually, I mean, believe it or not, have also done some really uh some embarrassing things before that.
Speaker 5: That was not my first rodeo. It's a tour story.
Speaker 1: So I'm sitting on this one band's too of us, and I'm plastered, and I don't really remember what happened, but I whipped out wigs. So at some point in the night, I'm whipping out these wigs. I'm wearing like an orange, like bright orange lilow wig. Apparently what happened was I was sitting there and I was just looking very very happy and just but silent, and then I just smoke bombed and no one knew where I went. We had a bed set up in the back of our tour van from my band, and I just gone and crawled into there and passed out. They found me eventually, like my band found me and I just passed out in my wig everything and we started, you know, driving off to the next city and I don't remember any of this, but apparently I just started throwing up because you know the motion of the But I woke up the next morning, sunlight streaming through like the winners of the van, and I'm feeling like, like, have I woken up? Am I dead? I'm not sure. At this point, I look next to myself and I'm like, oh, there's my wig, And then I noticed that it's just like this perfectly formed cup that is just holding my vomit in it. I've thrown up in my old wig, Like hello, am am, I a senior citizen. And did I just play like wind bing go? No?
Speaker 3: Only shouldn't put the wig back on without knowing it would have been a whole next level.
Speaker 1: So we then roll up at the next venue and we're playing like this small town and the venue sucks. Usually these venues I have great shower facilities and bathrooms and stuff. Oh no, no, no, no, this venue did not. So I have vomit in my hair and stuff. I'm feeling very seedy and like I want to shower more than I've ever wanted anything in my life. But there's no there's no shower at this venue. So I go and I stroll down to like this gas station which is just sort of nearby. So I go and I have like this bird bath shower in the disabled bathroom of this like crappy gas station in the middle of America, and to try to like make myself feel a bit better. And then I proceed to try and wash the vomit out of my wig in the public.
Speaker 2: No, you just have to admit to feed at this point and be like, you know what, WIGGI it's been fun. Please tell me you didn't pack it back into your very full suitcase and take it home right now. Yeah, this is the week. It looks great. It came up really well exactly.
Speaker 1: So that was the time I threw up in my own wig and then washed myself in the disabled toilets of a servo in the middle of America.
Speaker 3: Well, we really love that for you, and I guess what you're really doing is living your real, best, most authentic life. So congratulations on that. But book, tell us a little bit about your background in terms of how and why did you apply for married at first site?
Speaker 2: How long were you single?
Speaker 3: Was it disastrous? As my background, how did you end up in the audition room for married at first site.
Speaker 1: Well, basically I was single for like, I think five years at this point, and I had just been traveling around the world.
Speaker 5: So even though I was surrounded by dudes literally.
Speaker 1: All the time on these tours, like it'd be me and like thirty dudes, there's definitely the opportunity. But when you're touring, if you don't really want to, you know, every time you go on tour, engage in romances and stuff like that. Unfortunately, as women who are trying to make it in a male dominated scene, you unfortunately you'll get that rep and I don't agree with it, but I have to accept that it's a reality. So I've had a few romances along the years, but you know, also if they live in Paris, it's like, well, this is not probably going to go much further than this tour. So I hadn't met anybody and Corona hit and all of a sudden, our tour was canceled halfway through when we were in Europe, flown home, shove into isolation. We're sitting there and I was like, what the hell has happened? Did I just like, in my life just pretty much end. And I was scrolling through Facebook like devastated, going I'm alone.
Speaker 5: I'm thirty years old.
Speaker 1: And I have no prospects as far as like, I think my career just ended. I have no way of even meeting anyone because the whole world has just kind of gone into lockdown. And so I just filled out the application and the next day I got a skypephone call, and I was like, wow, I wasn't actually expecting to get contacted, but yeah, what.
Speaker 2: Was the application process? Like, That's something that I always found really interesting with the Batch because the application process to go on The Bachelor takes at least forty five minutes just to do the online forms, and then there's several interviews that follows, which are pretty messed up and they're really intensive. Yeah, and so what is the application process? Also part of that question as well is how much to the people who are interviewing you and the casting agents really drilled down on what you're looking for in a relationship and the type of person that you're looking for.
Speaker 1: The interviews themselves they spanned over like a period of like like a long time. So I would have an interview like over Skype and stuff, and then after maybe like a month later, I just get contacted again and they're like, hey, you're free for another interview. So for me, I applied for Mouths back in like March or something. Considering my wedding was on September twenty four, there was a long period of time in between there, so my interviews are so spread out. The actual application itself, I don't from memory, it didn't take that long, and I didn't put a lot of, I guess effort into it because I'm not going to go and invest actual emotional energy into this because like sure like it's not going to happen. It's just it's kind of like how you'll be like, oh, yeah, I'll enter this raffle, but I probably won't win type thing.
Speaker 5: So I actually when it said how many raffles do you enter?
Speaker 1: I almost never enter raffles, guys, because I never Woulin.
Speaker 3: So you didn't have to do any and I guess this might be different because we were in COVID for your audition application process, but you didn't have to do any like group applications where you were in a room with any other people or interacting with other people. None at all.
Speaker 1: No, No, I would just like have different people, you know, call me so it was the same girl the first couple. Then I start getting interviewed by different people over Skype. Yeah, and then all of a sudden, they're like, you want to get married?
Speaker 2: And I was like, Wow, how do they drill down on what you're looking for in partner? Because the one thing that really sets mass apart is this idea that people are expertly matched together to try and create successful relationships. And probably also, I think we can or deduct the fact that there's probably some people who are matched for drama, not necessarily because they're well matched people. So when you were sitting through these interviews, how do they actually like, what questions are they asking you or how are they figuring out whether or not they're matching you with a good partner.
Speaker 1: So they asked me questions like who are some of your celeb crushes, people that you're really attracted to that you would sort of say, are you're ideal man?
Speaker 3: And I was like, and who is your hall pass?
Speaker 1: Oh, Ragna Loftbrook not the guy who acts as Ragna loftbook, but like him as Ragna Suck Me Up.
Speaker 3: Fam.
Speaker 1: I watched it like I've stopped following the storyline because I'm just like getting lost.
Speaker 3: Do you think that after you saying what you want and what you were looking for and who you're looking for, do you feel like you were met with that match in Brett to an extent? And I'm saying that, as we all know, it didn't work out. You know, you had your ups and downs. But do you feel like you were genuinely matched by the experts or do you feel like you were a bit well, you know that they probably matched you knowing you weren't perfect for each other.
Speaker 1: I feel like there were a few things that were designed to test me. I had said that I really liked tall guys, and obviously Brett was not tall, Like he's exactly the same height as me with no shoes, and then as soon as I put any type of footwear on, I'm taller than him. So that for me was something that I had to kind of like just like get over, I guess and actually look past.
Speaker 5: But I think otherwise, I think we were supposed to work.
Speaker 1: I think that they matched us really really having quite high hopes for us. They never encouraged drama between us. If anything, they tried to really encourage the relationship to work. That's how I felt anyway, aside from Patrick's letter, everything like, there was nothing that I feel like they put on us to try and create something explosive. So yeah, I think that we were supposed to match and we did actually really were really compatible straight away, but actually did do a quite a good job in many ways. But there's of course people are really complex and they're intricate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And also I guess you can put down a list of the things that you think you want in a person, but if you don't have great self awareness, you might meet someone who has all those things and still disregard that person because you're not mentally or physically at a point in your life where you're like ready to accept that or ready to be open to those things. As well. It's not a case of putting two people in the same room who have all the right components. We all know that there's an X factor there with relationships that has to exist as well.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And for your wedding day, when you walk down the aisle, how many times do you feel walking down the aisle And is it really the first time that you two lay eyes on each other?
Speaker 1: So I walked down the aisle three times that first time that I walked down the aisle was unlike anything I've ever experienced as far as like how I was feeling. I was like, what are these emotions? I have not had this before. It was really full on. But yeah, that was the first time I've ever seen Brett in my life, and it was bloody, terrifying and like exhilarating at the same time. So I'm just like reeling from this experience of just meeting this guy. They're like and one more damn, And I was like, clearly and I just see I had to.
Speaker 5: I was like, can we just we just hang out for a little bit, please, Like.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to hang out with him at that point, but of course I understand they have to do.
Speaker 3: That so three times.
Speaker 2: Do think that this is kind of why people start to think that these shows are overly produced, because you do have to sort of re run through scenarios multiple times in order for the cameramen to get their angles, to get all the right reactions, and to make sure that everything's captured on the day. But there's different things with The Bachelor, be cause I kind of compare the two in the way that it's filmed. Every single person who walks up and meets the bachelor. Only gets filmed once. That only happens one time, and it's a one hit wonder. If you fuck that up, you're on your own. You're yeah, you're totally on your own.
Speaker 3: Like you get your one shot and then you walk off and you kick yourself after.
Speaker 2: I guess, for example, like if they haven't captured something, do they try and encourage you to go back and do it in the exact same way? Or if you make a mistake or you do something that you're like, oh, on second thoughts, that was a terrible idea. Could you be like, no, I'm absolutely not fucking doing that again. I'm going to walk down this aisle and not make a dick of myself. Here we go.
Speaker 1: I've never have asked to like redo something, so I'm not actually sure about that question. They would need to like recapture certain moments, like my reaction when I first saw Brett and Brett's reaction when he first saw me. It was definitely the actual reactions we had. They used that footage, but there's certain stuff like if they want to sort of show that sort of more aerial view, say of me walking down the aisle, you know, they're wide shots things like that, but the close ups and like the actual emotion that people are experiencing, they're probably going to be using that original footage so that it is organic, because that is something that they're really big on, and that's why they don't want relationships and incidents occurring off camera because if they're not able to capture that authenticity.
Speaker 5: I feel like they know the audience can see through it.
Speaker 3: You know what's actually from You know, it's cooked. I had to film my dumping twice that and so shit, it's so shit. But that's another topic for The Bachelor. We put our phones in day one. You go into a hotel, you're going to lockdown. You lose everything. There's no TV, there's no phone, there's no contact to the outside world. There's no newspapers, magazines. You're literally not allowed out of their site. I guess Marrimo site's different, isn't it. It's like, you guys have got you more freedom. But do you have your phones the whole time or are they confiscated? Who looks after them?
Speaker 2: Sort of? What's that sort of world?
Speaker 1: Like we have our phones all the time, except we get them taken away just before we head to the dinner party and just before we head to the commitment ceremony. Otherwise, I think there was maybe a few certain time.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, there was.
Speaker 1: They also took our phones away just before the parent meeting task because they didn't want us to cheppy chatting with our family and find out that we were going to be seeing them at that cinema.
Speaker 5: But that that was pretty fair enough.
Speaker 1: I would have had a complete mental collapse if I didn't have my ability, like the ability to contact my mum. If I didn't have the ability to contact my best friends, I don't know if I would have been able to cope, to be honest. So I don't know how you're what the Bachelor set up is like for you.
Speaker 3: I find it interesting because I think that I imagine the experiment would go a totally different way if they did the same thing as a Bachelor, where they took your guys phones and they just had you living together and communicating together and like being forced to you can't google each other, you can't find each other's instagrams and like learn about them, you know, from this outside source.
Speaker 2: The conversations with phones tend to come up quite a bit on maths in that like people from inside the experiment have been texting each other, or there's been like someone from an external source outside being texting someone. If you have full autonomy over your phone, how do the producers know what conversations are going on via text message?
Speaker 1: Then they don't. They tell us the rules, They run it through it with us, and they explain to us why it's important not to sort of break those rules.
Speaker 2: It did seem like whilst the show was actually airing on TV that that's when your social media accounts had kind of been taken away from you. Were these moderated by somebody else whilst the show was on TV, so you didn't have access to your social media accounts. So that was the first time that Channel nine had removed our abilities to be on our phone.
Speaker 1: So we actually did have the option to keep access to our Instagram, but in doing that we have to just go silent on it. No content. Channel nine wouldn't have it on their Instagram, like as you know their following, you wouldn't be included in that, you wouldn't be verified all of that stuff. And it is because of the investment I guess that viewers have in maths and how other like people from the past have had to cop just the most insane, horrific abuse from the public who just really feel that urge to like contact you and slide into those dms and send people things like threats, death threats, the rest of violence to them their families, things like that. It takes the biggest toll on mental health to receive a barrage of that and to feel like everyone just hates you and wants you harmed. So this year they actually had to make that decision. They had to protect us. They deleted every single DM because they'd learned I guess from what they ca that have happened in the past, but they actually had to go to that next level. And yeah, so we would get we would write all the captions and choose the photos from stills that they would send us. We would we would go, yeah, no, I look terrible in that, And can you zoom a little bit closer to my face in this photo? Like are you kidding me? Like that is literally just my nose, Like there were some photos I was like, who chose this? This is just like a really shiny patch on my forehead and like one eyeball in this shot.
Speaker 5: Like, there were so many that one.
Speaker 3: There are so many times I used to get my photos and I'd be like, great, so are these really the only options you've got?
Speaker 2: Is there one other options? I'd rather not post anything.
Speaker 1: Honestly, sometimes I'm like, oh, you're doing me so dirty here. But yeah, so and there we were a few times I was like, I don't want anyone in the world to see these ever, so I'm going to post nothing tonight, And they be like, Okay, here's some more options. But yeah, So we would have agency in that sense. We would be able to choose from those photos and we would write our own captions. They know that if they were to try to like emulate our different personalities and stuff, people would see right through it.
Speaker 2: But also I guess like at taking that agency, we're taking some agency in like being able to moderate the comments that are coming in also means that they're able to stop contestants going rogue, which has been a big thing in the past, because you know, the more that you're getting this pylon and the more that you're receiving this negativity from the public, well, the more you have to consider your edit. And if you feel as a contestant that you've had a poor edit or something has been left out in order to really sort of push a narrative. That's when contestants in the past have been like, actually, no, fuck this, and they've gotten on their own socials and they've taken matters into their own hands. And we saw a lot less of that this year than what we did in past years, because in past years it was like, oh, you'd watch the show and then straight afterwards you'd fire up everyone's Instagram to see what they're unloading. But like, nobody could do that this year.
Speaker 1: No, But either that is interesting to hear that, because I heard that. I think last year Channel nine also had access, so they had access to their accounts. Channel nine was doing all the posting on their behalf, but they could still read and see their accounts. So if they've gone and posted stuff like Channel nine very easily could have deleted it. And we also still have Twitter, we have Facebook, you know, if we can get our story out there and breach our contract if we really want to. They organize press for a lot of us as well, go and do radio interviews, which really, if you do the whole I've copped about edit, and that's not really what happened, and people have done that. You know, there's no way to sense to anybody at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've been seeing it with Liam and Liam's story that was not discussed on the show. I think everybody who watched that last dinner party where he didn't hug Georgia hello, it didn't make sense and it really painted him as the bad guy, and it really was like quite I mean I remember watching it and I was like, well, you are a piece of work. But then it makes sense in the context once you see that video that had come out that he's now really sort of taken on his social media is to be able to get that out in the world. So I think it does kind of work in two ways that producers can create a story and create a narrative by leaving out context.
Speaker 1: Yes, omission, not showing the full picture absolutely is going to paint a picture. And you know, there was so much in my own relationship. I mean people probably saw cumulatively five minutes of me and Brett throughout the whole season until we were ending.
Speaker 5: I feel we'd say some quirky, weird.
Speaker 1: One liners to each other, and that that was pretty much or you'd get so we looked like we were just you know, love and life. But there was of course intricacies and problems and fights and all sorts of things that were going on behind the scenes. There's also stuff that happens off camera because the camera crew can't be there twenty four to seven to film us all the time.
Speaker 3: We need to ask something pretty big. We have to ask the question because Australia has been obsessed with it, this whole scandalous toxic Bryce debarcle and I'm talking Bryce with Melissa and also Bryce with Beck. We want to hope what your thoughts off.
Speaker 2: Let's start with.
Speaker 3: Bryce and Beck first, because bryceon Melissa. A whole other thing Bryce and Beck was that relationship is do they hate each other as much as we saw? And was the fighting as much as we saw? Plus more? Was it off screen on screen? Was there any love between them? Or what's the gossip?
Speaker 1: I feel like at the start because Okay, during filming and stuff we were we're not supposed to talk to the other couples. We can talk to them if there's like somebody there to sort of monitor the conversation to ensure that there's not plot lines developing off screen, which is pretty much exactly what's gone and happened with Bryce and Beck. We know this conversation that occurred at a gym, so Bryce is obviously, you know, we've seen from the photo ranking task other things that he had sort of said I guess that he thought she was pretty hot. That was very evident, and he's gone and sort of like, I guess had this conversation with her in the gym, and then they've gone their separate ways and she's gone and then disclose that information to her friends in the experiment, and that's how it's then turned into a rumor and all of this has happened off camera and that's what's not supposed to happen. But as well, I kind of feel like in this situation, it kind of worked for what the audience saw because we didn't see the conversation either, so what the audience was getting what we were getting as well. And that was really part of the whole thing that drove this, was that there was no way of knowing what happened in that, you know, during that gym conversation, even though Bryce kinda did say it is like, yeah, we did talk, but I didn't say I'd buy a gift for my girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, He's like, I mean I kind of implayed I had one, but I'm not going to get her anything.
Speaker 3: So, So did Bryce have a girlfriend? I mean we've seen her, we've seen his people talk about it. But like from someone that was in the experiment and in those dinner parties, do you think that Bryce had a girlfriend?
Speaker 1: I think that he did. Yeah, if not a girlfriend, a girl that there was the intent to have the relationship upon leaving. Because okay, number one, what would Beck get out of making up a story like that? And she told me that story off camera in confidence. I didn't tell anybody, but she had also told or two of the other girls about what had happened too, and it took a while for her to actually tell that story to them. She'd also told Jake immediately after the incident, because Jake was the one who came and into the gym as that conversation was happening and was kind of her out from that conversation, so she was like, WHOA, just had the weirdest conversation and then to go and sort of discuss that or to have those types of conversations. The reason she got that she even mentioned it to me was because she'd gone and witnessed how Bryce was with Sam, Sam and Coco and you know, accusing him of being there for the wrong reasons. If I hear that bloody line again, here for the reasons.
Speaker 2: We feel you. That's like the number one line on The Bachelor. I copped it the whole time, and I'm like, hey, got two kids now and getting married. Who would have fucked like that?
Speaker 1: You guys were here for the babies.
Speaker 2: I'm still trying to prove a point, guys, like, I'm still in it for the wrong reasons. I want to circle back on something though, that you said a little while ago, and that was in regards to obviously they don't have cameras on you twenty four to seven. That's not possible. So any conflict that happens, some of it's missed or and some of it they will get on camera. How is it possible then, or like, how do are they able to circle back to conflict or how do they make sure that like they are getting a full picture of a relationship. How do the production make sure that they're able to capture that or you know, do they ever make you sit down and be like, hey, have that conversation again, but on camera.
Speaker 1: So no, if we would have a conflict, we would basically what I would do is I would contact our producer and I'd be like, yo, we had a bit of a bit of a bloody spat last night. After a few warns, then basically we would just go and we'd sit and talk about the conflict with each other, and then we do that on camera. We wouldn't ever like go and replay or like, you know, roleplay. I don't think I would be able to do that, to be honest, I don't know if that's so.
Speaker 3: You don't you don't you don't stop in the middle of the fight and call them, We'll be like you get here now.
Speaker 2: There's some really fucking good content going down on Level six, Apartment twenty four.
Speaker 1: Quickly, quickly, But there are obviously things that you're not seeing, which makes certain situations seem a little bit strange, like wow, book has really taken that letter at heart. Oh my god, like.
Speaker 2: A really down woman.
Speaker 1: But that was like more going on and other things that had happened that really, because otherwise I would have been like probably a little bit more understanding or like I would have listened to Britain and been like, yeah, I guess Patrick has maybe formulated this from like in you know, he's gone and taken his own approach and his own this is his understanding of what you've said, and he's just interpreted this wrong. I would have been more open to believing that.
Speaker 2: I think that was actually My next question was in regards to this letter, which seemed to be the undoing of you guys for starters. I think it's a very unique experiment to be told, how about you write all the things that's wrong with your friend's relationship that's only going to end in fucking desires never started or to.
Speaker 1: Do that though, we're told to write constructively, give feedback, so pros cons what works, what doesn't work, encourage and then encourage them to like, here's some tasks that might help you guys to to become closer.
Speaker 2: And however, Patrick was like, so this is my opportunity to put Booker on blust here we go number one. So with that whole like what we saw play out in this on TV, what actually happened in regards to that letter and how did that all unfold.
Speaker 5: Yeah, basically we were given that task.
Speaker 1: We had gone and we wrote like Jason and Alana's and it was very constructive. It was like, we know, we can see that these are your strengths, these are some things you want to work on, and here's how you might be able to do that, and here's some tasks that will bring you closer together. And god damn it, it did bring them closer together. And actually bloody work. Patrick Patrick, God bless that guy. Like he just he was angry at me though he was really pissed. He did not like me at all. We had hardly ever really spoken much at all, you know, other than just you know, your small talk at the dinner party, like pleasantries and stuff. But he threatened him. They really connected and they had a relationship which again off screen hangouts we had. So basically what happened is Brett would go to Patrick's how Patrick's Patrick's little apartment which was next door to ours, and they would hang out and that he would vent. And of course you can venting to your mates about your relationship and unpacking it with your mates. That is your right to do and I'm so fine with that. However, what was said to Patrick was Yeah. Patrick actually later on in an interview that I saw on the Channel nine website was He's like, well, look, Brett, it never said anything good about the relationship ever, like, not not one positive comment was made about and about who she was and or anything like the stuff he said, he actually said very bad.
Speaker 5: The things he had heard from Brett.
Speaker 1: Were And you know what it's like when you've got a mate and you bloody love your mate and they're like, yeah, so my partner did this, and you're like they did what? And you get because you protective and you care about them and you believe that they deserve better. So Patrick, he was bloody riled up. He was ready to go, is like, you know, she's got to stop doing X, Y and Z. She's got to stop talking about how good her band is. She's got to stop talking about these things.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna say? Hey, you like, it's just a stupid thing. I mean, it's stop being proud of yourself right now.
Speaker 3: But it's like, I mean, it's banded as shit said that.
Speaker 1: I never said my band's God, I've never said it.
Speaker 2: But even if you had said it, you're allowed to be proud of something that's your own achievement. Like it's okay for you to say your band is good, the same as it's okay for me to say, you know what, I think that the jewelry I make is good. Like you're supposed to be proud of the stuff that you do when you put out into the world. Otherwise, like what what why are you doing it for? It's not even that.
Speaker 3: It's also if you are speaking, if someone is saying, tell me about yourself, that's what you're going to talk about because that is what you consumes your life and that is who you are. You're not going to talk about what you had for breakfast ten weeks ago that you had Coco Pops one day, You're going to be like, cool, ninety five percent of my time is consumed by a band that I'm in, Like, that's what you're going to talk about that.
Speaker 1: We actually didn't talk about my band very much at all, and at that point in experiment, we hadn't discussed my band or anything to do with my band or my music career for a number of weeks because I realized that it was not even it wasn't something that he was very interested in hearing about, and I'd actually voiced to him that I felt like he was quite that he would glaze over a bit. He wasn't.
Speaker 5: He didn't want to hear it, basically.
Speaker 1: So I'd learned to actually just not talk about it because it was just not a topics and it was not a conversation that we were both able to contribute to. So that's why I was really pissed off about that comment in particular.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well, I think you totally covered something just then, which is like a greater conversation and something that we have spoken about before on Ask Guncut episodes, and that is this idea that it's okay to bitch to your friends about your partner. Sometimes you need to do that, sometimes you need to vent, but you have to be very consciously aware that when you do that, you are painting a picture of who your partner is to your friends. And just like you said, if you're never saying something good, if you're only going to your friends to offload and all the things that you're unhappy about, then that's a very one sided view and you are literally giving them the tools to hate your partner. And so if you want the relationship to work, if you want their support. If you want your partner and your friends to be friends as well, you can't always be going in bad mouthing your partner.
Speaker 3: I think what it is to it, and it's it's human nature. We all do it. When things are really great in your relationship, you don't usually feel the need to go to your friends, sit down for coffee and be like, I just need to tell you things are so good. You don't so happy, well, you don't feel that best, yeah, And I mean I do that to Laura at the moment, but I'm in the honeymoon, Phace, but you don't feel that neat.
Speaker 1: But when things when things.
Speaker 2: A sad, fuck anything up as well. Let's be real.
Speaker 3: But it's when things are bad that's when you go to your friends, and it's when you feel like you want to offload, because it's when you feel like you want advice or you want a event. So I feel like it's human nature to be like more inclined to say this is the shit that's going on in my relationship. Even if things are good, you don't feel like you want to tell them that, and then all of a sudden it's snowballs. Then they get this impression that this person is just a horrible person, and then that's all they see. So Laura and I whenever we have a vent about our partners, which like you know, we have a little event occasionally when we get frustrated, but then we always make sure to be like, Buddy's actual really cute and did this and this and this.
Speaker 2: So after that letter, that was what was the catalyst for the very entertaining breat dinner that we all saw, the dinner that was all about Brett. Now my question Courses of Bread, was this entirely your idea? Well, did you wake up that morning and go, do you know what, here's a big fuck you. I'm going to do a bretat dinner And like, of course it's was done as a joke, but there was obviously some intent there as well, because you're hurting so you want to like make a point. But where are you encouraged to do this? When you went to production you were like, hey, this is my idea. Were they like your fucking cooked booker, you've lost it? Or were they like that is a great idea. No, They're like that.
Speaker 3: For sure, they love this shit.
Speaker 1: You will never be So I told my producer what I wanted to do. So he's like, so, what do you want to do for this dinner? And like I couldn't believe that I was being asked what I wanted to do for the dinner. I was like, I'm doing this dinner? Are you kidding? I don't what I do not feel into inclined to put a romantic feast on and pamper and praise the guy who's been trashed talking me to other people in this experiment, like I really don't want ye're not feeling too full of love right now personally. And I sat on it and I was like, I've got to make it all about Bretty. So I just I don't know, like I just had this idea. I was like, I'm going to just print out some multiple copies of this. I'm gonna go to office works and just get heaps of copies and put it all And he was like, oh why, And I'm like, oh, like that's a terrible about Brett, you know, So I'm gonna make it about Brett. And he was like, you're sure that might not be taken the wrong way. And I'm like, well, I don't know, but I'm doing it, and I really want to do it.
Speaker 3: He's like, oh, the Bachelor producers would have been rubbing their hands together. They love this.
Speaker 1: I was to be the golden couple.
Speaker 5: They didn't want that going down. Yeah I work, so they were like, oh shit, shit's a bruin here.
Speaker 2: I think that's it, right, Like I mean, and mass now notoriously is getting a bad rap for couples not working out right because like the statistically they have more couples, they statistically should have more successful relationships. However, doesn't seem to be the case. So I do feel like now they are casting couples, at least a few couples that they really genuinely want to work. And from watching it, I really thought that you and Brett were one of those couples that they really were like, fuck, it's.
Speaker 3: Going to shit a board mission and they were trying to fix.
Speaker 2: It for you.
Speaker 1: They never encouraged any drama with us though they really did want us to work, I think, and they did.
Speaker 2: Well, Yeah, they do.
Speaker 3: Like Laura said, they need the success couples. They don't want everyone to work because that's the show. They want this disaster love a film, toxic TV show. But then they need like one or two to have the happy ending they need.
Speaker 2: They need some successful couples to encourage people in next season to sign up. You know, if there's this terrible track record every sign up of every year, but they won't get the people who are signed up with an authentic want. You know, you do see these like you see jewels and cam and you do see some successful couples come out of it, and you're like, Okay, for all the people that didn't work for there is somebody's life who was changed by this experiment. And maybe I could be that somebody. You know, we all want to be exception in this process.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, And I think they matched quite a few people together this season that really did have on paper, I could see why they were matched.
Speaker 3: At work, we see that the dinner parties are always disaster. Feel like there's always some drama going on, there's always some big fight. How much of that is sort of organic and natural and free flowing and how much is a prodded and pushed and a little bit manipulated by the producers.
Speaker 1: My experience at the dinner party is we would walk in and then it was like you'd almost forget that there was any cameras or producers there, like unless you need it to pee, you know, you had to alert one of the producers that you actually needed to get up and go to the toilet. Yeah, that was when I would be like, oh, yeah, there's like a bloody room full of people around us, like with cameras, Like there's lots of cameras, there's lots of producers. But they just let us sit there and go to town on each other. Basically. The only time I've ever seen them intervene is when when stuff is getting like maybe a bit too sort of hated it or whatever, or like when when Bryce threw water on Sam like that. You know, they had to obviously just make sure that everyone was okay after that. But other than that, yeah, they've never been like, guys, you're boring us like ever. In fact, we often got to go home after a couple of hours. I'm like, oh, that wasn't very long, and they're like, yeah, we don't need any more content, like we've got.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's so interesting you say that, because like it's the complete opposite on The Bachelor, And I know that this is one of the things that people find interesting about how the mechanics of the shows work. But for example, with the cop tap Artis and The Bachelor, if where the girls are sitting around and not creating enough drama, if they're not getting the content that they want, the producers will be like, hey, Amy, come here, and then they'll be like, you need to go and ask Stephanie this question, or you need to go and do this to create the conversations and create the drama. So I had always assumed that, you know, some of the little like Patrick calling out a question from across the table could have been yeah, but it could have been encouraged by a producer, as in, like, you know, they might know their people who are happy to do it and can be kind of persuaded a little bit more. Then all they have to do is say, hey, we think you should ask this question, and then watch it all fucking catch on fire. That's definitely what happens.
Speaker 5: Maybe it might have.
Speaker 1: I wasn't privy to it.
Speaker 3: If it did, though, it was a moment on Bachelor in Paradise that they literally it was. There was no subtlety to it. We were like leaning around the pool, and I mean, to be fair, they're filming a show we're on an island.
Speaker 2: They literally came.
Speaker 3: Up to us and they were like, get in the pool everyone now, and we're like, we don't want to. They're like, you're boring as fuck getting the pool and do something.
Speaker 4: So like jump in the pool, but they're going fun and I was like, far out.
Speaker 2: I just want to lay you. It's some bag. I don't want to. I don't want to be the thing with Bachelor in Paradise though, is it's everyone's second rodeo, so everyone's cottoned onto all of their techniques and everything, and so people are it's harder to not I wouldn't say the manipulate is the right word, because you're not being manipulated, but it's harder to coake someone or encourage someone to do something because you know, like we.
Speaker 1: All had that I wouldn't do or otherwise.
Speaker 2: Or that totally exactly, and people kind of caught onto like, oh, I can see how that can be edited together. One of the big questions I have, and it's something that's I think everyone was shocked by, and you guys all very shocked by it too, was the video that came out at the very last meet about Beck and the Prye and the brother and the kids.
Speaker 1: That just wow, wow, Yeah, And I've seen a lot of people online discussing that, so go on.
Speaker 2: Did anybody have any idea that this was going on? Or was this something that you guys were as shocked about as what we were watching it?
Speaker 1: As the viewer mate, I was shook if I was like, I did not believe what I had just seen. I was like, did that just happen? Am I having a fever dream?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What has gone on? If they put acid in our bloody drinks earlier?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: Is this real?
Speaker 1: I could not.
Speaker 5: I could not believe it.
Speaker 1: Everyone was stunned, genuinely, legitimately so stunned. In fact, the whole Bloody Night had just been bombshell after bombshell because you guys have seen that footage of Coco and Cam throughout the show. We didn't have any idea. That's why Patrick's like that, well, guys like, none of us knew. None of us had any idea, And then that video with Bryce's mates, and then Buddy the Beck video, Like by the end of the night, I was like, I need a hug, and I.
Speaker 2: Need like, I need a counselor and a therapy session, and you're all fucking bad people, all of you.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 5: We were all so stunned the.
Speaker 1: Fact that that footage had by chance been recorded on on the diary cam.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Like.
Speaker 3: You know that that producer that found that just got a huge promotion.
Speaker 5: How bored would they have been?
Speaker 2: Like fingo. I had to watch it like three times. Like the first time I was like too busy looking at the manhole that I didn't actually see what happened. And the second time I was like, wait, what are you guys talking about? I was like, oh, I was like, this is is very very entertaining. But one of the things I mean, and this is a conversation we've had a lot on this podcast as well, is in regards to the experts, what role do they actually play and how much time do you actually spend with them or speak to them. Do you actually meet them before you even go on the show or is it just something that's very intermittent. I'm really interested in the role that they play and how much contact you have with them.
Speaker 1: Very very little contact. So yeah, basically I had met John. I'd done like a pre interview, like filmed interview with him where he was, you know, asking me questions, and you know, I was sort of talking about my love life and you know, basically why I was there and stuff. They would air little bits and pieces from people's interviews that they'd had pre getting married. I'd met John, I'd met Alessandra and mel when they came to the Hens night, and they were like, hell it is. But otherwise, Yeah, that first argument in the ceremony was the first time that we'd sort of sat down with them in that capacity, and then we would spend anywhere between half an hour to an hour sitting on the couch unpacking our relationship.
Speaker 2: I think that that's one of the really interesting things though, that part of the storyline is that they give this perception that you're chosen by these people, by these three people that are on the couch, that they specifically choose you. And like, I mean, the show's been going on long enough now that as a viewer, we all know that that's not the case. Like I mean, it's a it's a nice it's a nice narrative, and it kind of goes along the storyline, But I don't think anybody actually watches the show now and goes, oh, yes, the three of them sat down, went through all those photos and hand picked these people. I think it's interesting that they keep trying to like hold on to that narrative, whereas I do enjoy the commentary that they provide at dinner parties and the commentary that they provide on the couch.
Speaker 1: To really unpack it though at that night, because you see them having you see them around and stuff.
Speaker 3: We want to ask you about Bryce and Melissa because to Australia they're now a successful relationship. They are coming out and saying they're very happy and very together, very in love, talking about a real wedding. I actually heard them say the other day they're talking about their own reality show, which I will never watch. But what are your honest thoughts on that relationship? Because to us the viewer, no one could figure out why on earth Melissa would possibly stay with him and stick up for him. And essentially, even after everything has come out, I think at the time, everyone was like, Okay, cool, she's been blindsided in the experiment. When it's over and when she can see it from an outside perspective, she'll understand, she'll leave him. But instead her love, you know, increased tenfold and.
Speaker 2: We can't galvanize them.
Speaker 3: We just can't understand it.
Speaker 1: We would hear about these things that had happened behind closed doors, like that we hadn't been witnessed to, Like we'd hear it on the commitments, ceremonic ouch and at dinner parties like ranking Melissa forth, like we weren't there to witness that. But also there was all this stuff that I personally was not aware of that had gone on, so like comments about she's not ugly, you're not my type, and stuff like that. We would hear bits and pieces of how that went down, but seeing it was something completely different and actually seeing how it was said, however, with all of the room that were flying around. So first Beck says this story, then Samata joins us for Girls Night, and that same story from a completely different person, and she also, I will absolutely like stand by this. She was someone who really followed those rules. She didn't get any of our numbers when she left the show, she didn't have a way to contact any of us, and she actually didn't know that this room even existed within the show. So she came in after all of that time and she hadn't spoken to any of us so yeah, she comes in with thinking she's got a loaded gun when really like it's old news, almost like that she's delivering. So yeah, I really thought at that point that maybe Melissa would walk away, But then she didn't sow it and that was obviously quite bamboozling and in a lot of ways, well, it just.
Speaker 3: Came from too many sources in the end, didn't it. And then when there was that footage of the friends that didn't know they were being recorded, And for anyone that doesn't know how this works, they would have had no idea that there were people still listening to their conversation. They wouldn't know there were cameras still around, because you're not open to that world that you were thrown into, a world that you have no idea about. They would have thought that were having a conversation between each other that no one could hear.
Speaker 1: That was incredibly authentic, that moment with his friends, even though you know he's saying that it was set up and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: What advice would you have for somebody who's thinking about doing Maths next year or wants to apply for the show.
Speaker 1: I know that there's really a lot of Maths cast members have said like no, I would never do it again, and like, don't bloody do it, and they're really quiet adamant about that. I found maths to be one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life.
Speaker 5: But that being said, I am.
Speaker 1: Glad I did it and I would do it again because even though it was so challenging and difficult at times, I feel like what I gained from doing that and going through that, and also the relationships that I made, the friendships I formed, I feel like it was worth it. Personally, it is not for the faint hearted. Don't do it if you don't feel secure in who you are.
Speaker 3: It's really unfortunate as well, but it is. It's just part of the package. Unfortunately still in this day and age. But I think it's the same for reality TV across the board. You have to have the thickest skin. And this is this doesn't matter if it's Married at First Sight or The Bachelor, it doesn't matter if it's Survivor or something that's not even love based. There are just these people out there, these trolls that are going to come for you. And you also don't know what your edit is going to be because we get a lot of it, a lot of questions too, Should I go on the Bachelor? Should I apply for it? And I'm like, one hundred percent the best experience of my life, But there were moments I was like, what have I done? Purely because of the people out there that it is horrible? So that is something I think everyone needs to know. For any reality show that they're going to pear on, you have to be ready for that. You have to be ready for something that is so far from anything you have ever experienced. And even though people can tell you, you just don't know until you know.
Speaker 1: You're so like honestly and you obviously understand what it is like. There was nothing I could have done mentally, emotionally whatever to prep myself. I could have spoken to you guys and heard this from you guys, but nap, And I actually thought that I would have this really thick skin because I've had to deal with trolls and stuff like that. I'm the only chick in an or dude metal scene, had to like cop trolls and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: For years.
Speaker 1: I thought I was going to be fine and that I was like, you know, uniquely had this advantage that I was going to be able to deal with it better than other people.
Speaker 5: Nope, I was wrong. Is there another level?
Speaker 2: One thing that someone said to me when I was coming off the back of the show, and it was like, every single person can have a social media account, and every single person can have multiple social media accounts. And if you were crossing the street and somebody started calling out horrible things to you on the street, a random person, you would look at them and go, mate, you're fucking crazy, and you'd cross the street and you'd walk away and you say to your friends, oh my god, this crazy person said some horrible things to me on the street today. What are absolute weirdo. But because it comes under the cloak of social media, these people say horrible things to us and you take it and you go, oh my god, why would somebody say those things to me? But it's like you wouldn't care what that crazy person on the street says, So don't care about what that crazy person online says. And you can choose to live in this world, which is the real world, or you can choose to live in the social media world. It's the characterization that's the thing. And people become so invested and even though people know it's reality TV, and even though every season we have the same conversation about, hey, actually they're real people, there is an element of it that doesn't feel real, and there is an element of it that's entertainment, and there is an element of it where people go, I don't like that character, and so I can say what I'm gonna say, and they're not going to be that hurt because they know what they've signed up for. And this is the one thing that I absolutely cannot say enough. Nobody really knows what they've signed up for unless you've done it once. You have no idea what you're in for, and you aren't asking for it by signing up for it, because you just don't fucking know. You just don't know the.
Speaker 1: Threats and like no, of course, not like abuse and like the to the highest degree of vile, degragating commentary on your character or your family members. People even went after my parents a little bit as well, because, like my beautiful father said, you know, like explore the depth of each other and have those conversations. People were hanging shit on him, which horrified me because my parents only went on and exposed themselves like that because they love me, and they wanted to be supportive parents, and so for them to even like cop stuff, I was like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Even know it's mind boggling. I receive more death threats and discussing messages now than I ever have before since I started dating my partner. He's a tennis player. Every single week, I so like, last night I received a message if he loses a match, I will receive fifty messages saying last night I got one saying come to Turkey so I can slit you open like a pig and hang you in my backyard. And now I've received more from being in that athlete's world than any like it's so much worse than reality TV. I'm actually gobsmacked. And I'm his just his partner. It's like they want to do this to me and my family because I'm his partner and he lost one match. It is mind blowing. So there's just really no limit to it. There's no category anymore, there's no limit. There are just so many. And I actually wrote back to that person.
Speaker 2: Jordan was like, why are you writing?
Speaker 3: Why are you because I never do but this person, I was like, you want to slip me open and my family, and he put like a spelling mistake in it, So I just wrote back something funny about the spelling mistake. That's what I thought was funny.
Speaker 1: That shocks me to hear that you can get that ugly and that violent hurt that guy, like my god, to hate somebody so badly that you would go and say something like that, I'm sorry that you have received that like and I hope that you know it doesn't penetrate at all, and you're just like, wow, what has gone on for these people?
Speaker 2: Were the songs that you wrote about Brett the ones that the media were talking about? Was it my bread in mind?
Speaker 5: That was okay? So that song beat Me Up Soft Boy.
Speaker 1: I learned what software was when I was on the show because one of my friends had said to me, like, what you're describing with you know, your relationship is soft boy behavior, and I was like, like, you know, to call men's soft that's really problematic. And then I actually googled it and I was like, oh, okay, and it was not about Brett. That song was about my new found excitement over this soft boyf Instagram called beam Me Up Soft Boy, which I was like, I'm really into it and the messages on there are hilarious. It's got like over half a million followers and stuff. I'm about to release another song called faked It, which is basically the choruses do that thing you do where you lie right to my face because I lied to all of those times. I faked it, which is basically saying, you suck in bed, baby, It's not about ready.
Speaker 2: I've had to.
Speaker 1: Like contact Brett about like the soft Boy song, because he got asked about it on a radio interview and I was like, mate, it's not about you. Was like, it's okay, And then I've had to like pre warn him that people might actually think that this next one's about him, and like, I don't want people to be like, Haha, Brett sucks in bed or an asshole for like, for this song, people are going to assume my stuff's about Brett. Definitely. There was a guy that I was hooking up with when I got back home who was like a flame from before. We'd only ever hooked up like a few times before the show, and then you know, maybe a month or so after returning, I saw him and we started hanging out again.
Speaker 3: And basically, he sucks in bed makes a better headline anyway. That's what it is. It's like, Book great, this song about Brett is better than Book has moved on and is just writing some music based on some sort of experience that she had at some point in a life.
Speaker 2: Like I mean, I wouldn't read that article.
Speaker 5: Pays homage to Instagram page like, no one's.
Speaker 3: Clicking on that shit.
Speaker 2: But we're going to put all your details in the show notes for this episode as well. But Booker, before we do let you go, we do one thing with every guest that we haven't It's how we end every single episode and it's called Our Suck and our Suite. So basically what it is is we get you to tell us what was your suck from the week and what was your sweet from the week. And it can be anything. It can be the most insignificant suck if you've had a great week, or it could be something really shitty, or it could be something really great. We've just rung this on you. So Baby, we'll go first, and you can have a two second think about it. What is your okay? All right, rut, I'll go first, All right, My suck for this week is my week's been pretty great. I haven't really had a suck. The only suck I have and every week all of my suck and sweets are always kid related because like, that's my entire life.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: My suck is that Molly had a mosquito bite on her head that she's now out scratched into a massive hole and she looks like she's got some sort of disease. So she's fine, but it's not nice taking your kid outside the house when they look like there's something wrong with them and people look at you like, oh, that looks nasty. So that's my suck. Yeah, like, what are you doing to your child? She's not neglected and she's fine, she just can't stop scratching it. My sweet is that I went to Wiggles concert yesterday. It was fucking great, like around since I was like the Weekle's been around for thirty years. I was fine back all right, but no one of the most.
Speaker 1: I like, you have a big crush on Anthony.
Speaker 2: Anthony has been the one that's been there since I was five, So yeah, look, he was actually better in real life. I'm down with that, guys. This is not turning into Wiggles podcast. Okay, So that was my second sweet, Brittany, what is your suck?
Speaker 3: And sweet it's supposed to be short and spicy. My suck is that I am supposed to be heading to Perth this week, but they've gone into lockdown, so that's really awesome for me. Hopefully they come out of a lockdown so I can still go and have a little holiday.
Speaker 5: I'm in Perth, so oh yeah.
Speaker 2: You're in lockdown right now. I my sock. You can bring that well for everybody who is in Perth, we're thinking of you, and Booker, we're thinking of you. That fucking sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So my sweet is that I went away for a few days and I went did some adventuring. I went surfing, I got some sunshine, I went on a quad bike. So I had a really good few days with my sister, so that I'm going to share that all next week anyway, guys, because I did have a lot of fun and I've had a lot of questions. So that was my sweet. So Booker hit us you're in lockdown.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's my suck basically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we went to lockdown on Friday, like midnight Saturday morning, So that sucks because I had some pretty cuel plans for this weekend. And Beth from the show you know, the one who was married to Dan Andrews for those who can't remember that far back. She's moving away to New South Wales to be a psychologist. So yeah, we alspos to have her going away drinks this weekend and we weren't happy to do that, which sucks. I just really hope she doesn't leave without being able to say a bote. And then my suite is that I'm in talks with a major record label for my little band Internet Friends too, because they want to basically give us a bunch of money and help to release the song Faked It, which is about faking orgasms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't do that, guys, it's a terrible idea. Don't set people up for a terrible sex next time.
Speaker 3: No, that's awesome, congrats. We hope that that takes off here.
Speaker 5: So that's really exciting for me.
Speaker 3: So, Booker, what's your Instagram handle? Where can people go and find you?
Speaker 1: Just my name? It's book a Nile, But.
Speaker 2: Also for anybody who wants to find your music, where can they find it? And how how can they go about listening and downloading?
Speaker 5: iTunes?
Speaker 1: Spotify, at any platform really, Like the demos of a bride stuff that I put up is only on Spotify for some reason, iTunes was like new like there was an error or something when I uploaded that.
Speaker 5: But otherwise, yeah, it's it's under my name Booker Nile.
Speaker 1: And then my little rock band that I made is called Internet Friends, and then my metal band is make Them Suffer, and that I would I imagine most people who have watched the show and most people out there probably won't like that band, but give it us, I have to admit.
Speaker 2: So, Like when when we found out that we were looking in an interview, I went and I was like listening, and I was like, holy shit, this is hard. Like this is full on only because I am so deep in the world of pop. It's disgusting. You Wiggles concert guys, like that's where I'm at.
Speaker 3: I don't want to break this to you, Laura, but the Wiggles isn't in the pop category.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the entertainment. Thank you for like you know, gracing our screens for the last couple of months, like we can get.
Speaker 3: An interview, yeah one, thank you for the interview.
Speaker 2: We've loved interviewing, and you guys are great fun. We wish you so much luck with all of the music that's happening now that you can get back out in the world in a very short past space of time. Not right now, but when you can.
Speaker 3: We wish you the best of luck, and I hope you go find yourself a man who ain't gonna fake any orgasms. And it's not gonna make you fake any orgasms.
Speaker 2: You're like, where's the coum.
Speaker 3: He's like, where is the guys do that? They're like, it's in the condom. They take it off real quick and they put in the bin.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is a thing.
Speaker 3: It is a hundred. I'm going to say something super I am going to say something super crude. I have had people tell me that when a guy wants to fake it, and I'm sorry for anyone, they'll do it doggie style and they'll they'll spit on the back and pretend it and then they wipe it off. It's discussing and I don't know why they would do it, but like it's irrelevant. Let's just go find you a man sex.
Speaker 5: Like imagine that. I hope that's not my next sexual experience.
Speaker 2: Guys, I really hot the next time someone tries to turn you over at the end, you're gonna be like, no, look me in the eye, Brittany said. Anyway, that is it from us. If you have left the episode, you you know the drill. Go and tell your mom, tell your dad, tell your dog, tell your friends, and shed love because we love loves