Speaker 1: Hit one one seven's Rod and Gabby for Brecky. Thank you so much for sharing the start. What are we doing this weekend? Before we even get you into the Saturday and the Sunday. Nick White, fantastic comedian, is going to be here this evening. He is at the Street Theater.
Speaker 2: He this.
Speaker 1: I love the idea of this. He has different characters. Yeah, and so he's working double Judy, I don't have to be a double pay you sure the support act is him in characters? I think this is right. He posted this on his socials.
Speaker 2: Oh hello, hi mum, it's Kari.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know I have Cola ID now remember. Oh yes, of course I forgot you have that now?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to remind you that madd and I will be stopping by Canberra for a few nights. Yeah, on the way home from our honeymoon, on the way home from Taddy.
Speaker 4: I guess that's right.
Speaker 5: What are you coming for again?
Speaker 3: Well? I'm actually the opening act for Neck White comedy show, Yes at the Street Theater on June thirteen.
Speaker 4: Okay, Nick White as Carlie opening for Nick White. I love it.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Nick, how are you good morning?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 1: How are you guys, Well, this is janius. Do you get double pii?
Speaker 3: Oh I wish they won't let me.
Speaker 4: Oh, just get Carlie your own ABN and you sweet.
Speaker 2: Oh you're clever.
Speaker 3: I should do that. He But then it's like I would probably have to pay Carly as my openers, so then I'm paying her anyway. So then it's just like, let's cut out the admin.
Speaker 4: You know, that's just double tax.
Speaker 5: Probably is re Yeah, that her comedy career may take off more than yours, and then you're in a real spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, sometimes people comment on my tiktoks when I'm myself and they're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, where's carl Sometimes I feel like I feel like Miley Cyrus and Hannah Montana, but everyone likes Hannah Montana more, and then I'm like having a bit of an idea toity crisis. But no, you know what, Carlie's just part of me. She's just like a facet of my personality and my soul. And if people like her more, then I'm like that's okay. Like, I know she brings nice things to people, so that's good.
Speaker 4: Well I'm a similar ban I'm assuming I really want to get some clarification behind your social media name because it's on TikTok you are miss Nicky Wanty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's confusing, how little? Well yeah, how did it even start? Well, it's when a few years ago, when I was living in New York City. I remember there was just this one day where we're working at this architecture firm and there was this really cool apartment that we might have been working on, and I was just in an annoying mood and I was like, ooh, me wanty and everyone was like, oh, that's annoying. I just so I just kept doing it. I was like me wanty. And then and then I got really into drag race at the time, and I was like, if I was ever a drag queen, I'd call myself Miss Nikki Wanty.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: And then a few weeks after that, I started my TikTok and didn't think it would really go anywhere, so I just called it Miss Nicki.
Speaker 4: Wantyh My god, you are every eighties and nineties kid who has a hot mail with a terrible name that they can't get away from.
Speaker 3: Truly, And now I just live with it, and I'm fine with that.
Speaker 1: But you're the right personality type of this career that you've chosen, because ninety nine percent of us, when presented with the rest of the workplace going hmmm, pretty annoying, stop and you go, let's step this up a notch.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't help it.
Speaker 3: It's just it's like ingrained in my DNA to just annoy people and be just really yeah, I just love to like scare people, prank people, just make people laugh, and I just can't help it be annoying as hell.
Speaker 4: Just take it a step back for a second. Are you an architect?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a degree in architecture and I work as a graduate architect for a few years. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we glossed over that way too. I had to court that, Gabby.
Speaker 4: So working in New York as an architect that is a phenomenal story in itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I was in New York doing yeah, working in architecture and doing stand up for about three years. It was really cool.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Are you a fan of How I Met Your Mother?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: I get Ted Moseby comparisons all the time, little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, So if you haven't seen that, it's comedy series Fantastic and Ted Moseby the lead character is studying to be an architect, and if I recall, I think.
Speaker 3: It is New York and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: His dream was always to be able to point at a building or a bridge and go, yeah, that's that's one of mine before the comedy career took off. Did you have you had that moment yet or is it still on the horizon.
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I mean there's a few little buildings in Brisbane where I was like, oh yeah, I designed that garden bed and everyone's like, oh cool.
Speaker 4: It's like my husband's a painter and we used to drive past his archway the time into woom Brood. He'd be like, I painted that.
Speaker 3: And no one cares, and I'm like, well sorry.
Speaker 4: I care right really quickly, we wanted to ask you. The name of your show is I'm Scared Babe, And the show overview says, is Nick White the first comedian to struggle with their mental health?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: So I decided to ask you about that because it is Men's Health Week this week. Is it that kind of theme throughout your show that people could actually get solid advice from?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the show I want people to walk away feeling lighter and feeling a bit like silly and like they had a good time. But yeah, I talk about some really serious stuff that I've gone through in my life, just anxiety related things, but just talking about it just makes me feel a lot better and laughing about it with a room full of people. So yeah, it's just about anxiety. And the dull coworker opens the show and she has a general nervous energy anyway, Sorry, that kind of ties in well, so yeah, it's silly though, it's fun and silly, but yeah, it's it's a bit serious at times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, your timing is right in Men's Health Week and obviously mental health being you know, the part that there understandably needs to be more focused on than ever before. Normalizing that conversation and god forbid, laughing about it is one of the most helpful things I have heard come out of the entire week, and we're very privileged to have you sharing that story this evening, you're on stage. If there are any tickets left, you'll need to be very quick to see the Street Theater performance of Nick White. This is going to be really cool. Thank you for the time today, mate, preemptive welcome back. I know you're a couple of hours away we look forward to seeing you this evening.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much, guys,