Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: Very Christmas, everyone.
Speaker 3: My favorite Christmas tradition has become over the last three years. We do this thing on Christmas Eve with my family, which is just simply a book exchange. So you do it, Chris Kringle, but it's got to be a book that you get for somebody else and it's a sweet tradition. It actually comes from Iceland or Sweden or something like that. So then on Christmas Eve we all get a brand new book and we sit around and read the books, drink hot chocolates, play Christmas music. It's very sweet and wholesome and I encourage everybody to do the same.
Speaker 2: Patsy, what do you like to do over Christmas?
Speaker 1: I love to or all of our family likes to go down to Frankston Foreshaw where they do the sand sculptures.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen that?
Speaker 1: Every year and they've just moved it to Bonio so it's just a little bit out, but it is worth the drive across Melbourne to go see these. They have a theme ex to you one year with Disney and they do all the principle. These things are massive.
Speaker 2: How did he do.
Speaker 1: It's a special I think they put a special glue in with the sand, I think, and then they spray it quite regularly with like like.
Speaker 3: A mist of water.
Speaker 1: I guess to keep keep bombing it together.
Speaker 2: I think it's just a list of water.
Speaker 1: Close it down, build You see them like waving the water across. So that's one of our favorite things to do. The other is to hit the road and go back to our old area of northeast Victoria and all the wineries there.
Speaker 4: Love it.
Speaker 1: Just Brown Brothers and Oxley and mill Low and all the cheese shops and the mustard shops.
Speaker 2: Lovely doing a taste.
Speaker 4: And at lunchtime when the sun's out and he got it all over the vines.
Speaker 2: That is beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's just it's God's country.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: And swimming in the rivers there is introducing Audrey to that. She's always used to, you know, chlorinated pools. It's like where you get.
Speaker 4: In the river.
Speaker 1: That's how we've led to swim, just that sort of down to earth.
Speaker 4: Country living a love it one thing we always doing Christmas Eve, and we'll be doing it, says the kids who are very young now, the older teenagers on Christmas Eve, we're all open a present and it's like pajamas and they were then all gone to put them on, and we're ready. We're dressed for Christmas. Eaching not matching. No, well, my wife does someth well, the daughters get like real nice sill ones, and I'm always some sort of dweeby dad thing, like some harmle old check pants.
Speaker 2: Like one year they were like really tight. That's my story. It was the end of last year's COVID. I remember sitting down them and my backside split.
Speaker 3: On pajamas, which are usually pretty forgiving.
Speaker 4: Well, well these, I'm sure these were a fashion thing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's our thing on Christmas Eve.
Speaker 4: Christmas to me, it isn't about the main day, Christmas Day, I love my favorite day of the year. It would always be Christmas Eve. I love them moment on wake up. I'm actually more excited on Christmas Eve than I on Christmas Day. I love Christmas Eve. But they could bottle what that excitement is. And I know it changes as you get older and that you'll never grab what it was like again as a kid, but.
Speaker 2: I still love it.
Speaker 4: It's the potential of what's coming the next day and it's almost here.
Speaker 2: That is what I love. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast