Speaker 1: Hi, guys, and when you get your shit together all right?
Speaker 2: Huh, Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Lack on Cut.
Speaker 3: And by another episode, I mean this is the first episode of season two and we're back, baby, Welcome to season two. Guys, back in town. Girls, A.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm trying to harmonize.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you were trying to do. I think we should both stop it though. That was Brittany and I'm Laura, And it is wonderful to be back behind these microphones and talking to y'all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you are new to the scene and to life uncut, welcome And this is probably the best decision you'll make this year.
Speaker 3: It's not many days of this year so far as the best decision you made so far. And to all our og listeners, it's so nice to be able to be back and bring you a brand spanking new episode from a brand spanking new studio.
Speaker 1: Actually, also, there's a lot of room for activities in here.
Speaker 3: Just don't do anything too crazy, keep your hands and legs under the table.
Speaker 4: So we are sorry that we have had so much time off. We do realize there's been a few months between seasons.
Speaker 3: Been almost three months. Yeah, where have you been just keeping a child alive? She's been a child alive. Yeah, she's kicking along. Actually, she's crawling. Now that's a big thing. It's very annoying, that's what it is, because.
Speaker 4: Now you can't just plunk her in the corner some of those things where you get so excited that your baby's developing and that they're hitting a milestone, and then all of a sudden you're like, oh, I wish you were a blob again, because this is a lot more.
Speaker 3: To deal with than what it used to be. But you know what, amazing and I am thoroughly enjoying each step of the of the ride.
Speaker 1: But what else have you been doing?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: I think last time we spoke, you went to Europe.
Speaker 3: I went to Europe. You went to Mexico. We had some bougie holidays.
Speaker 4: You just ate heaps of a croissants and I ate heaps of tacos, and we just came back and then we've had Christmas and New Year's and the whole rest of twenty nineteen happened, and now here we are twenty twenty, bringing that big twenty twenty energy. Yeah, so, Laura, you and I have just literally caught up now and you've gotten back this morning from Molly Mork and you were caught in the fires over years.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad to have you back safe. But what happened.
Speaker 3: I grew up down south and so we were going to have a family holiday and it ended in the worst bush fires that we've ever seen. As everyone is so aware of and we've all been watching it play out on the news. We got a warning on New Year's Eve, and the New Year's Eve warning was a text message saying that you needed to evacuate, and then within ten minutes of that warning we received another one saying that was too late to evacuate and that everyone just had to take shelter in their house. We all lost electricity, we lost a phone reception, we lost internet, But all of that is so insignificant in comparison to people who lost their homes and their loved ones and their properties in Milton, which was only a couple suburbs away.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine how scary it is to have that feeling of it's too late to leave now, and what do you do?
Speaker 3: The hurt and the pain that so many families are going through New Year's for me has always been one of those days that have fallen short of the expectation that it's going to be great. But this year was something where I really felt like there wasn't anything to celebrate.
Speaker 4: You're not alone, I think for each Australian and every Australian I know. I had this immense feeling of guilt to even think about having a good time, Like I had a great time, but I still felt this responsibility and how can I be having fun? And this is resonating with all Australians and even people around the world now.
Speaker 3: Also, there's such a responsibility when you have a social media following which you do to not be out there and being like, oh, life is amazing, life is wonderful. When you can start channeling that into doing something that's a little bit more worthwhile and hopefully encouraging people to donate to the RFS or work towards whatever you can do to try and help these families who are so hugely affected. Britt how was the end of your last year?
Speaker 1: New Years? For me? To be honest, but it's so overrated for me. Talk to me about this.
Speaker 4: I think for me, it always has been the most overrated night of the year because these expectations and there is big build up that's always going to be this huge event and all these amazing things are going to happen, and then you start your year's resolutions.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's because we put such emphasis on it to be this milestone or this wonderful bookmarking of a brand new year and a new start. Actually New Year's is, oh, poor Matt, But New Year's has been one night where for the last two years, apart from this year, the two years prior, we have always ended up in a fight, a proper, proper fight. Actually, one of those fights was so public. We were last year at the Opera House. It doesn't get more beautiful setting, and I was really pregnant, very hormonal, patience very minimal, and I don't even remember what had happened, but I did definitely overreact and it culminated in me being like, you're a dighead in public. In public. We don't even normally fight, let alone fight in public.
Speaker 1: But what was I don't understand what the fight was over.
Speaker 3: I don't either.
Speaker 4: Oh, just one of those yeah, just like a stress build up and then an implosion, like.
Speaker 3: Lots of miscommunication and me taking things the wrong way and I just turned into a crazy person. Happy twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Well, I think a lot of people actually around this time.
Speaker 4: From what I've seen, there's a lot of breakups around this time statistically.
Speaker 3: I read this Brittany in this Dolly magnifact. No, I've read it on the internet. I'm sure it's very correct, but one of the highest peaks for breakups is during this Christmas period.
Speaker 4: Speaking of breakups, actually, this I find really interesting, and we've all been guilty of it. I just want to preempt I recently discovered my friend had broken up with her partner, and I only knew that this had happened. She didn't tell me, but it was just because her Instagram had changed, like the things she was posting, in the style that she was posting. I said to my girlfriend, she's got to be single because these bloody hot photos.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, she's just got her booty on Instagram. She's like, yeah, boy, live in my best laugh.
Speaker 1: It's not even that, it's just literally my best life.
Speaker 4: And she's tan and she's beautiful, and she's at the beach and she's at a party, and the style changes. I think when you're in a relationship to when you're not in a relationship.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it comes because there's a motivating factor there where you're trying to make your ex jealous or you're trying to appear as though you're having the best life ever, and so there might be a mismatch between how you're feeling and what you're posting come straight after a breakup. However, I do also sometimes think maybe it's not a first trap. Maybe that girl's just living her best goddamn life and she's happy about posting it on the internet now, whereas before she maybe felt a little bit more reserved because she had a boyfriend and she thought, oh, I want to give the wrong impression. Maybe I didn't know what a first trap was until I read Liam Hemsworth has just first trapped and broke the Internet.
Speaker 4: He put this beautiful photo up with a dog, so I mean I liked it, as did eleven million other people. But it was him and his dog, and he looked so hot, and it was just after his breakup with Miley and Adam Devine, his friend, his active friend that was in Isn't It Romantic, actually commented on his photo and called him out for first trapping, and it's essentially just when you're putting a really hot photo out there, when you know you've just broken up with someone.
Speaker 1: You know I was going to get attention. You know they're going to be like, damn, he looks good. You're like, this is what you're missing, atom boy. So I had to google it myself, and it's a new term to me. Apparently it's been around for a while and I'm a bit behind.
Speaker 4: But like I love, there is absolutely nothing wrong with first trapping.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever actually first trapped because I am pretty sensitive with putting sexy photos of myself on my Instagram. Mind you, I have no issue if girls want to do that, I think, like, all the power to them. I just myself don't really feel like a particularly sexy person at all. EVERK God, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh where do I put my arms? Anyway?
Speaker 3: I used to I used to do something that was probably a step worse than that when I would go through bad breakups.
Speaker 1: I am laughing already, and I don't even know what this is. I used to put like really vague quotes like you just like love your life and love yourself and the rest will come.
Speaker 3: Or some live. For example, remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
Speaker 1: As if he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Know that's about him, and as if all my friends don't know that it's about him. But here I am thinking, I'm being really, really mysterious and just like it's not pointed, I'm just living my best life.
Speaker 1: But really I was heartbroken.
Speaker 3: I just didn't deal with breakups very well at the time. I don't think.
Speaker 4: I absolutely can one hundred percent of test that you are not alone, and I have done that. Also, the deep quote is obviously this person you've just broken at me.
Speaker 3: And don't get me wrong, like I would read these quotes and think, yes, that one hundred percent reflects exactly how I feel right now, and I'm gonna put that on the Internet because I'm gonna own the space.
Speaker 1: But I look back.
Speaker 3: Now and I you lie, Yeah, I laugh, because it was so obvious that I had just transitioned into a breakup and that was me dealing with it in the way that I deal with things. But I wasn't necessarily posting that quote because it made me feel better. I was posting it because I knew he was going to see it, and I did it as this like subliminal way to kind of manipulate or try and have contact with someone who'd got no contact on me.
Speaker 1: That's not subliminal. I just got to tell me that right now. That is not a subliminal message. That's like a big fat yeah.
Speaker 3: I literally put up a neon sign and I was like, so I'm broken up, but I'm single now if anyone's wondering.
Speaker 1: Because he's a deep quote and I'm in a bikini. Look.
Speaker 3: New Year's always brings with it a lot of highs and lows and a lot of It's like a it's a time for reshuffling your life, and it's a time for a bit of self reflection, and it's the time when everyone sets New Year's resolutions and thinks, New Year knew me.
Speaker 1: What do you think of a resolution?
Speaker 4: I don't know how I feel about a resolution as such for the New year.
Speaker 3: You don't like the concept of New Year's resolutions, Like.
Speaker 4: I always make a point of I don't know if I want to call it a resolution, but I always make a point of saying, Okay, this year, this is what I want to do and achieve. But I think people shouldn't have to wait until that one day of the year, Like what was it about January first? Like this clean slate, this arbitrary first date of the year where we go, Okay, this is the time where we're going to make all the changes, and this is the time where I'm going to get my shit together, and all the stuff that happened last year, oh well, that was just a practice round. I think it's also the wording that people tell themselves to like, instead of saying I want to lose fifteen kilos, break it down because saying fifteen kilos that's huge, But I want to start eating better and I want to start running every day. That's going to get you there, but it's more attainable and it's not as scary, so people get overwhelmed with their own resolutions.
Speaker 3: I think it's also such a funny time of year to start making changes, because I mean, it's so impractical to think that you're going to get your health kick started or going to you know, be able to cut out sugar or do any of those sorts of things when it's right in the middle of a period where everyone's partying and everyone's having such a good time, and so you're then isolating yourself from enjoying that because you've made a resolution that actually, do you know what, maybe it would have been better to start that in March.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's happening in March.
Speaker 3: It's a good time. Just cut out, sugar.
Speaker 1: What what have you sort of set for yourself this year?
Speaker 4: Do you have a resolution or like a goal or aspiration or I like new ye, knew me, old.
Speaker 1: You, old me.
Speaker 3: I liked Olbie. I mean Oldie was fine, she was okay, she was run about. I mean, look, don't get me wrong. I am one hundred percent of work in progress, and I think there's lots of things that I need to change coming into this new year. And I guess for me, though, news resolutions have never spoke to me on a on a deep level, so I haven't really put in place any massive news resolutions for twenty twenty. I have, however, from a relationship perspective, and maybe this is a bit of an overshare, and I was like, we're going to have more sex in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, can that be my resolution too? Not for you to have more sex, but like for me to also have more sex. You can have it for me to have more sex, I need the support. I kind of reflect on the last six months and I have, you know, we've had a baby, and the stresses and the full time consuming nature that comes with having a child. I feel like it's really gotten the better of Matt and I a little bit. And as much as we absolutely love each other, there are aspects of our relationship that I think have massively taken a back burner. So I just want to reshuffle some of my priorities in my life and put our relationship back up, back up the pile.
Speaker 3: Basically.
Speaker 4: It's just one of those things, isn't it. It's I mean, give yourself some credit. You just had a baby and sex is just not a priority. You had to kill a child alive, and you have a business to run and sex is probably the last thing you want to do. Having said that, now you know Marley's probably not as dependent on your boob, and she's a bit older, and you know you could just she can look after herself so you can go and.
Speaker 1: Have some more set Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, she's pretty much doing my tax now, No, I guess, and I know that any other new mums who are listening to this probably can totally relate because it's just an aspect of your life that gets shoved aside, and it's not it's not a necessity. You're like, oh my god, that got us into this in the first place. Keep it away from me. But the less of it that you have, the less of it that you need. And so it's very.
Speaker 1: Forget what you're missing. Yes, we've all been there at some point, and so I'm just like.
Speaker 3: Not even motivated for it at the moment, but I know that when I do it, I will like it, and so I'm getting back on that bandwagon.
Speaker 4: We'll just send me a message and I can come down and get Miley for a little bit.
Speaker 1: I'll let you guys go, Nuice, what do you think I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, you're not invited, Brittany. You we're a duo and everything, but you're not coming to that.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just really disappointed.
Speaker 3: Now it's an exclusive party that you're.
Speaker 1: Not welcome to anyway.
Speaker 3: What about you, honey, any newar's resolutions that you'll bringing to the table.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't think of that as a resolution, but I mean, yeah, okay, let's have more sex for everyone. I think everyone can have that resolution. There you go, spread the word.
Speaker 1: Spread it. You heard it here.
Speaker 4: First, I have a few random things like I just want to start surfing, I really do, and I need to just take the first step and buy board.
Speaker 3: And well, you live in Bondai. Now, it's very Bondai of you.
Speaker 4: I know there's so many people in Bondai that you can hit like, I just need to go somewhere it's not as many people. I want to definitely cut back on my sugar consumption because you know, I'm all or nothing. I can't just have one little chocolate.
Speaker 3: I'm going to call you out on this one because you have been saying to me that you want to cut out sugar, and then this morning when we went for coffee, you were like, oh, I'm just gonna put some sugar in.
Speaker 1: This, which I never did.
Speaker 3: That was weird. Yeah, So for someone who's not cutting out, who's cutting out sugar, you then actively put it in your coffee. You also sent me a video of yourself eating ice cream last night. And the last time we came into this podcast room, which has all happened this year, guys, she walked in with a container of chocolate covered almonds and ate the entire thing, which, do you know what, I'm fully supporting of it, and if.
Speaker 4: I don't want to cut it out, I want to cut back. And also, I brought those chocolates for you to share. It's not true she's lying to you.
Speaker 1: You are, but that is definitely a resolution.
Speaker 4: I need to cut back because I just find that my energy is better when I'm not always having these sugar highs. I'm not as fatigued, I feel better and I know that. So that's something I want to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'm I'm all for that. If you actually genuinely want to do something, I guess you have to kind of surround yourself with people who support you positive. Yeah, why, I be a realist. When you can be positive, I will be positive for you and I will help you on your Jenny.
Speaker 1: I also want to do some things.
Speaker 4: I want to start filming things, I want to start acting and just really embracing dreams that I've always wanted to do. And I really encourage a lot of people to do this. Don't worry about what anyone thinks of you in your life. Because I've been speaking to a lot of friends recently that want to go and start doing things. We've been talking about resolutions, like I've always wanted to do this. I've always wanted to try this, but I'm scared people will judge me, and I'm scared I'm going to fail, and we're all going to fail at stuff. But the surest way for you to fail in anything is to not try.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad that you said this, because this resonates so well with something that I had written down actually for this podcast, and it was that this year, I'm not going to allow my experiences and the things that I enjoy to be dictated by other people's fears. And the reason why I had experienced this myself was because going back to like traveling with Maley, and also when I was pregnant, especially last year, I had so many people tell me all of the bad bits about it. They had said how hard like having a newborn is, and they told me how shitty it is to go traveling with a kid, and how awful it is on a plane, and how hard it is to kind of figure out their food and their schedules. And so I walked into these experiences in my life. I walked into childbirth, and I walked into traveling with Marley thinking it was going to be hideously awful, and I was so prepared to hate every part of that experience, But to be perfectly honest, I have loved it so much. I just wish that I hadn't taken on such negative opinions and allowed somebody else's experience to dictate what I thought my experience was going to be. Because you shouldn't. You shouldn't live your life through somebody else's fears, but we do.
Speaker 1: And I really love this saying. I can't remember it word for word, but it's like nobody above you is.
Speaker 4: Going to put you down or judge you. The only people that are going to put you down and judge you are the people below you. And that comes from jealousy and fear that they don't like that you're living your dreams, but they're too scared to live theirs.
Speaker 3: People are all different in the way that they respond to situations, and if you're a copa or you're someone who's like quite tenacious and can kind of problem solve on your feet, then maybe a situation that you find somebody else would find really difficult. And so we all respond to us, our external stimulations and our external environments very very differently. We all cope with different levels of adversity differently. I resonate with that. I want to if I'm going to talk about a real, actual resolution for twenty twenty, it's that I'm not going to let other people's fears dictate my experiences.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 4: And if you guys are listening and you have a dream and you're scared people are gonna laugh at you or that you're gonna fail, screw them, go do it.
Speaker 3: What an inspiration you are, Brittany.
Speaker 4: We care so much about what people think in every single aspect of our life. We're the only person you should be caring about right now.
Speaker 1: Is you.
Speaker 3: So I do have a question for you.
Speaker 1: Hit me.
Speaker 3: I love it being the single one in this podcast and knowing that this is a relationship. I mean, we've got a real relationship slant in this podcast and it's what we like to lean into. What does twenty twenty look like for you in your dating life? Because you told me you were going to come to this and bring me some dating stories and you haven't done that yet.
Speaker 4: Well, actually, I do want to start by saying I am hyper aware of what this time of year, the Christmas, the New Year's, the summer period. I'm aware of how that can make single people feel. And I want to touch on that for a second because I don't want people out there, if you're feeling this, to feel like you're alone. It can be a really bloody tough time for single people. It's like this time of year where everything's heightened, isn't it like couples, Everyone's in love, everyone's on holidays, everyone's at Christmas doing couply things, and it can be a time for people they can feel really lonely at this time. I have experienced that myself ninety nine point nine percent of the time.
Speaker 1: I love being single.
Speaker 4: But I don't want people to think that that is an around the clock, twelvemonth thing.
Speaker 3: Did you find that like New Year's and Christmas was particularly a difficult time for you.
Speaker 4: Anyone that knows me knows that I'm pretty thick skinned. I don't I'm not overly emotional. I'm going to cry a lot.
Speaker 3: But you live your independent life, girl friend, I.
Speaker 1: Really do, you really do.
Speaker 4: But because we are being complete honest on this podcast, and I do want people to be able to relate. Yeah, it's really tough for me. Every Christmas, I mean single eight years now. And this sounds strange, and I don't know why I do it, but every year at Christmas, I just say it to myself. I'm like, this is the last Christmas you'll be alone. Like next year you will wake up with someone you love, you will have someone around you.
Speaker 1: And I say it every year, and I.
Speaker 4: Think that's why every year I get sad, because I get there and I'm like, that didn't happen, and I am waking up alone again. And Christmas, I'm the only single person in like my family and relatives and friends. So whenever you catch up together, everyone's in this love bubble.
Speaker 1: And then you're just the person on the end of the table. You're the person that's.
Speaker 4: Sleeping on the trundle bed when you go away, like at the end of my sister's bed.
Speaker 3: Like, sorry, all the couples have taken the doubles, You'll have to sleep on the floor, Brittie.
Speaker 1: I have done that so many times. I pull out this trundle at the end of my sister's bed.
Speaker 4: But it's definitely a hard time and I had a really hard time this year. But I just want people to know that that's normal to feel.
Speaker 3: It's so wonderful that you would share that, share that you have been vulnerable, because it is it is a time of year where it's kind of pushed in our faces that everyone is so happy and everyone is coupled up, even when it comes to trying to do stuff over the holiday break. Everyone's spending the holiday break with their partners. If you're the only single person, or your friends have gone away and they're all doing stuff with their partner, and then you're seeing those photos on Instagram as well, so it's almost like a double up. And I do think that the Christmas period and also New Years it really can shine a spotlight on the things that maybe are missing from your life and maybe a lacking And even the most independent and happily single person can feel lonely. And that's okay, And you're allowed to have those feelings and you're allowed to sit through that. There's nothing wrong with that. I think it's when you're desperate to find someone that it becomes a problem. But that's not to say that you're not allowed to go through periods that are lonely.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're definitely allowed to feel all the feels, but just know that.
Speaker 1: Just around the corner is a veno and some happiness.
Speaker 3: Well, actually, I read this awesome article. It was a couple of weeks ago now and it is on Pedestrian TV, and the article itself is about how being single is not purgatory and we need to sort of rework the way that we think about being single and that it's not this transitional period that's supposed to get us to our next relationship. Look, I know that maybe it's easy to be the one in a relationship in this podcast saying like guys enjoy being single, being singles great, it kind of seems like an unfair stance for me to take. However, I have been single, and I spent a lot of my life single, but I spent a lot of my life unhappily single, and looking back on it now, I think.
Speaker 1: My god, fuck.
Speaker 3: I just wish I could have enjoyed it more at the time, because it was such great and amazing times with my girlfriends and it was really carefree. But I spent a lot of it in my own head wishing that I had a boyfriend, and now that I do have a relationship, and I do have a baby, and as much as I love where my life is now, it's definitely nowhere near as carefree and there's so many more responsibilities that come with it, and shit's just really really real now, and I wish that I could look back on those times with a little bit more joy in the memories and go in a moment, I yeah, like I love that and I love that time, but I don't think. I don't think I did own being single. I think I kind of sucked at it. So that's why when I see you being single and you owning it and you loving that space, I love that in you.
Speaker 4: Well, I do, and you've encouraged this. I do want to date more this year because it has not been a priority, and you've really encouraged me to try and say yes more to things in the dating world.
Speaker 3: But maybe twenty twenty is the year of yes, because I think it's the year of big twenty twenty energy.
Speaker 1: Okay, you need to listen to this twenty to.
Speaker 3: Keep saying big twenty twenty energy.
Speaker 1: Listen, I have a story for you. Okay.
Speaker 3: You have been talking about this story for like the last couple of hours, but she didn't want to tell me pre podcast because she wants my reaction to be genuine. So bring it, girlfriend, I do.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: So, Laura, I'm blaming you for this because you said I should need to say yes more and be open opportunities.
Speaker 1: So look, I'm going to tell you this story. It's so bloody funny. I was on this. You've built this up so well. I just was a bit gobsmack, to be honest. I was on his boat party.
Speaker 3: Okay, I knew a few people, but she's single, and single people go on boat part But I was on his boat party and I knew a few people there, but there were so many people I didn't know. And there was this one guy that had like me, making eyes at means, but he started to talk to me. But when he started talking to me, he was a bit drunk already. Now this boat party went for eight hours. This is a whole day commitment.
Speaker 4: So we were talking for hours, and I could tell he was quite flirty, and he was saying.
Speaker 1: All the right things like I saw your eyes.
Speaker 4: I saw your eyes from when I first walked on and that's like why I knew I had to talk to you, and the things I'm he was saying to me, you would think were off a movie. He was saying things like, after an hour of talking, He's like, I'm so invested in this. You know that I'm going to love you so hard. He was saying something too hard. Well, it's cute love bombing babe. He was obviously joking, saying we're going to date, basically, but he kept on saying it.
Speaker 1: You're so beautiful.
Speaker 4: You saw me, And I kept saying to him, Okay, I get it, you're drunk. He was saying, you're like and I am amazing, and okay. We had spoken by this point about everything that I do, like all the jobs that I do, and my life, and we'd spoken about little things like what kind of he was going to get a dog and I was suggesting the dogs to him. We spoke a lot of details, right He asked for my number and no, He said, can I give you my number? I was like, no, it doesn't work like that, Like you can ask for my number, but you're not giving me yours because I'm not going to call you.
Speaker 1: If you want my number, you can take it.
Speaker 3: Really, I kind of like that. He said, can I give you my number? Because then it puts the ball in your court, yeah, which I didn't like.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: I think it's respectful. I think it's like I like you, I want you to call me so because well my number call me.
Speaker 1: No, he did it because he lost his phone the night before and he was drunk. It wasn't a respecting it's so good.
Speaker 3: I was like, maybe this guy's like so new age, what a gentleman.
Speaker 4: It's just like, sure, I got drunk last night and lost my phone. I actually can't take your number anyway.
Speaker 1: So we're moving along.
Speaker 4: After a couple of hours, we swap numbers and he kept going about He's like, you were just everything I've ever wanted. I'm so infatuated with you. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. And then I said to him, what's my name? This is after five hours.
Speaker 1: What's my name? He goes, oh.
Speaker 4: Shit, And I'm like, no, be honestly, you think I'm so amazing and we're gonna have his life together.
Speaker 1: What's my name?
Speaker 4: And I knew by this point, I even knew his middle name. I said his whole name to him, and he's like shit, and I'm like, you need to go and sort this shit out, because you can't be saying these things and not no my name. So we keep He goes and finds out and comes back. He's like, see, I know your name, now keep talking. A few hours later, he was trying to kiss me, and I said, I'm not just going to kiss you now, feel free to ask.
Speaker 1: Questions at anymore. I can see you trying to ask.
Speaker 3: I just I just think, wasn't this already a red flag that maybe he's full of shit? It gets way better, Laura.
Speaker 1: We're moving along.
Speaker 4: He tries to kiss me a few times and I just like turned my head and let him kiss me on the cheek. And I was like, I'm not just going to make out with you right now in the middle of this thing, because it was quite an intimate party. It's not like, you know, we're in a club totally.
Speaker 3: It's daytime.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then at the end, I'm going to walk back to BONDI. It was from Rose Bay, and he's like, I'll walk you. I was like, I was very gentlemanly of you.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: He's like, I'll carry your bag and I'm like great. We're walking along, chatting away, and he.
Speaker 1: Says so what do you do?
Speaker 4: And I said really, we just like for eight hours, I've told you about what I do and you don't remember. And he's like, no, I know you were on the Bachelor, and I'm like, that's not what I do. Like, that's not what I do. So he didn't remember anything. Then we're chatting and he's really lovely. He's like, I can't wait. I'm going to take you on the most amazing second date. It's going to be the best date you've ever been on. And I'm actually at this point starting to be really smitten. I'm like, this guy's cute. We did kiss at the end of the boat because he said, he said.
Speaker 3: Brittany, there's been three red flags that you've told me about this story already, and now you're telling me that you were spinning. I'm gonna start vetoing all the men that you date. Okay, Okay. So he's like jokingly talking about our kids. He's like, our kids are gonna love this story about how we first met, Gonna take you on the best date, gonna love you so hard. You're never gonna have experienced anything like this again, no one like me you will ever experience blah.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah blah. I'm actually super romantic.
Speaker 4: And he's saying all this stuff and he's carrying my bag, he's walking me home, and I'm like, I've just met this person, Like I've just met someone.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna date this. I'm gonna date this person.
Speaker 4: Then out of nowhere, the silence for about two seconds. Out of nowhere, he says, I want you to sit on my face.
Speaker 1: That's what he said, or at your house walking.
Speaker 4: Home, out of nowhere, after saying like, I'm gonna love you so hard. There was this moment and then he goes, I want you to sit on my face.
Speaker 3: Wow, I can pick him.
Speaker 4: And then I in the street and I have just like there was like ten years of built up energy.
Speaker 1: When what that actual fuck?
Speaker 4: My hands were waving in the air. I'm like, why did you just say that?
Speaker 1: Who are you? And he was like what, I'm like, You've just ruined everything? And I was just so honest. I was like and he's like, what do you mean? I ruined everything?
Speaker 4: And I'm like this was could have been so amazing, and you were so great until you told me to sit on your face.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad that you did that, Britt, because you were making me really worried. But do you know, Okay, does this Is there more to this story? Because I want to jump in here and I'm gonna give you some hard loving, which you're probably not gonna like.
Speaker 1: I love when you hard loved me.
Speaker 3: I think that the fact that he came on so strong and like was so over the top from the get go. As much as it's really romantic and it makes you feel totally bold off your feet, it's not real. That meant that that is a way of love bombing you makes you feel so special, but it's not based in anything. The fact that he didn't remember your name, the fact he couldn't remember what you do for a job, and the fact that he then was like, cool, now I'm gonna get laid that bad guy red flags.
Speaker 4: I know, I said, you know what, I'm putting this on my podcast, perfect I said, so talk me through it.
Speaker 1: What's going through your head right now? To say that?
Speaker 4: I was genuinely I was like, tell me the truth, and he's like, I don't know. I just I was just thinking that I wanted it and it just came out. I was like, I'm like, but is there something that I have done to give you that impression. What makes you think that it's all right to say that to a woman that you have just met?
Speaker 1: And he couldn't. I said, just tell me. I want to know for all the women out there, why there are so many.
Speaker 3: Assholes, because I think he's just put in the effort all day and he's like, cool, No, I want my reward, Like that's what I was put in. The effort wasn't a bad date number two. It was about I want to get this girl home to sit on my face.
Speaker 1: He said, oh, it was just like the sort of family. I grab it. What He's like, we sort of grup.
Speaker 4: With that sort of humor. I'm like, that's that's not humor, and that's not an excuse.
Speaker 3: Your mum's not saying that to you. Power that's not true. I said, did you grub without a mom?
Speaker 1: And he said no, she was there. But he has he has message me and he wants to.
Speaker 4: He actually apologized and he said, I do want to take you on another date, So what do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Do I go on another date with him?
Speaker 3: I'm not saying right the guy off entirely because it does sound like you had some fun. Like, I get that I'm at him, but I really think that even from even from one date, like even from just meeting the guy, there's a few red flags in there that you need to be like, Okay, let's let's assess this. I'm not going to give you my heart on a platter because you've said all these gorgeous, wonderful things.
Speaker 1: I think I'm also not sitting on your face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, girlfriend, if you want to go for it, like, there's nothing wrong with that either. But you guys have to be aligned in what you want, that's all. But Britt, I'm so happy that you brought a dating story to this podcast today because I am here for it.
Speaker 1: Rip me, that's all I say.
Speaker 3: No, you're born again. Girlfriend, is your year? Bloody better be Look, do you know what? You can make it whatever you want to, and that's just it right. Maybe you are out for hangs and bangs, and in which case, like, go for it. There's nothing wrong with it. But I think it's kind of unfair for a guy to do the whole Our kids are going to be so cute, We're gonna have the best second date. We're gonna do this. We're gonna do that because realistically, there's a good chance that had you put out on that date, you may never hear from him again. Yeah, because it's.
Speaker 1: A lot of words.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of trickery that goes into that, and I know that you're smarter than this.
Speaker 1: I am and I have had a rough trot.
Speaker 4: I've actually gone to Laura recently with some like proper dating issues, haven't I that I've had And you've given.
Speaker 1: Me the tough love, But you've told me what I needed to hear.
Speaker 3: I mean, for any of our og Uncut listeners, you would know that we do a section on this podcast could Ask Uncut, and it's actually our favorite section. And so coming into twenty twenty, we have some good news. You would notice that this podcast has also dropped on a Tuesday, which normally our podcasts were every Wednesday. We're now going to like shuffle some stuff around and Tuesdays is going to be our meaty chatty just life, love and all the other stuff chat that's that podcast. Podcast number two is going to be dropped on Thursdays, and on Thursdays, it's going to be a special episode which is just going to be our Ask Uncut Special. So any questions that you guys have, please like slide into our dms on Instagram at Life Uncut podcast and you can ask us anything, any of your relationship questions, or your life questions, or your friend questions, anything that's kind of got you a bit stumped and you need some girlfriends on your side to give you a bit of advice. The reason we have.
Speaker 4: Done this is we have had such an overwhelming response from you guys on this segment and so many people riding in with their questions trusting us. Thought, you know what, let's just dedicate a whole episode to it. If you guys love.
Speaker 1: It, tune in. If you don't tune in anyway.
Speaker 3: Well, actually you know so we did one special episode from last season in season one, and that was a full ep on Ask Guncut and it was one of our most popular episodes, like our most downloaded episodes. So we are so privileged and we feel so special that you are trusting us to give our advice to the questions that you have. And you know what, we're a little bit unqualified, but what we do bring is some lengthy years of life experience and some very poor decision making. So that we can impart how to do things better and we have done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did it well those years.
Speaker 4: There is something else I wanted to tell you, but I didn't. I just don't want to brag about it. But I'm low key sort of dating chatting Tatum.
Speaker 3: You're lying right now. I can see it in your eyes. Also, that seems like a very very unlikely situation. Wait, isn't he still dating Jesse Jay?
Speaker 1: And that's what I'm saying. I actually just saw him on a dating app.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say he's not dating Jesse j because I read this in Daily Mail the other day, So it's going to be a single Ye. I saw him on a dating app. Yeah, I saw him on a dating app. Sure it wasn't a fake profile, babe.
Speaker 4: It definitely wasn't fake. It's like, have you heard of this dating app called Raya? I feel like such a wank are saying this, But there's this dating app that's like the who's who are on?
Speaker 1: Like if Gigi did was on a dating app, she'd be on this dating app.
Speaker 3: How are you on?
Speaker 1: The don't ask?
Speaker 4: I think somebody had to put in a good word for me and I had to pay a couple of people, but I got on there, so I'm on there. Did you have to sit on anyone's face? Not yet, but I mean I put was changing datum. I'm just saying, don't apply at Channing Tatum listening. No, So I actually saw him on there and I was like, what do I do with this? I mean, I knew what I was going to do with it, but and my finger was hovering over the superike and I was like, I'm never super like?
Speaker 1: Do I super like?
Speaker 3: So you didn't play it cool and you super liked Channing Tatum.
Speaker 4: I super liked Channing Tatum, and I love that I did that because, let's be real, I'm still waiting for him just white right on me. Evidently he probably just hasn't come across me ot otherwise we would have matched.
Speaker 3: Also, like go for a girlfriend, I would be super liking Chatting Tatum as well. Oh my god, who wouldn't look girls gotta eat right, My girl does have to eat and I have to eat Channing Tatum.
Speaker 1: So oh that came out so wrong. But like, if he's listening, you know, watch this space.
Speaker 3: So in light of it being twenty twenty and us talking about new Year's resolutions and what this new year means to us. We also wanted to talk a little bit about motivation. I mean, what does motivation mean to me, what does it mean to brit What does it look like to you guys? And how do we stay motivated so that we're able to achieve the goals that we have set for our New Year's resolutions before we fall off the bandwagon come a couple weeks time.
Speaker 4: Motivation you don't pluck it out of the air. People think that they can be like, oh, I need to find my motivation. You don't just find it, do you.
Speaker 3: I think, unfortunately, motivation and like the motivational quotes and this like concept of what motivation is is that it kind of has almost like a spirituality attached to it, where people are like, oh, she's so motivated, like she's been gifted that beautiful gift of motivation, Whereas I don't think that motivation is something that's some people have and some people don't. I think that to be able to be motivated, you actually just have to get started. You know, objects in motion stay in motion.
Speaker 4: Thing is you need to break it down, So you need to you need to have a goal what do you want to achieve and why do you want to achieve it? Then knowing why is really important. But then break it down and you need to start making actions.
Speaker 3: Breaking things down into very small achievable objectives, because if something is too big that you can't overcome it, or you can't sort of figure out the way to get from point A to point Z, you're like, oh, that's right, there's a whole entire alphabet in the middle of this that I need to get to. So just figure out how to get to point A to point B and then from point b to point C and break it down into small things instead of trying to do everything which is just so insurmountable.
Speaker 4: A nice example is you and I creating this podcast. One day, we're like, let's do a podcasts. Then we're like, how the hell do we do that? That's so overwhelming, and it is, but then you break it down. We googled with on a studio, how do you find usually a news studio? Yeah, how do you find a studio? Okay, how do we upload it to Spotify? How do we We literally broke it down to every tiny little step and then all of a sudden it happened. But if you just think I need to go and do a podcast, that's so overwhelming totally.
Speaker 3: And then you put in and then you put in place accountabilities. And that's the next part of what makes motivation and what keeps motivation is you've set yourself a goal every week, we need to produce a podcast and it needs to be released by this time every Wednesday. So now we've been kept accountable for it. And so that's a massive part of being able to maintain motivation. It's really hard to start something when you have no accountabilities or no one to sort of show up to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And for example, my sister at the moment, she detests running, but one of her goals was I want to run more. So she set herself an end date, I want to do a marathon. So now every little day she has to run because she wants to achieve a goal. So she just broke it down into days, saying, I want to run a marathon, way too hard, way too much. So I think, everyone write down your goal and your dream of the year, and then break it down and start to action it because I promise you everything is achievable. Everything if you just take it little bites at a time.
Speaker 3: So how are you achieving dating Chatting Tatum?
Speaker 1: Well, I super liked him.
Speaker 3: That was a big step in the right direction.
Speaker 1: I might even translide into his DM.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but yeah, like what a time to be alive, Liam Hemsworth and chatting Tatum is single?
Speaker 1: So girls dream b Well, this is my personal favorite part of the episode, and that is us gone card.
Speaker 4: I know, we said that we are changing this to a whole episode that we are dropping every Thursday, and we are doing that, but it's a habit, so we don't want to go cold turkey.
Speaker 3: We're giving you one question, So I have a doozy for you. Bring it at me, girlfriend, I am ready, Okay.
Speaker 4: I really struggled with this one, actually, so I'm super interested to see what you think about it. My partner and I were together for about seven months when we broke up. He broke up with me and then I hooked up with his best friend. It was only one night once off, and now my ex and I are trying to.
Speaker 1: Make it work again. Do I tell him what happened? Bloody hell? Help me?
Speaker 3: At the hell?
Speaker 1: How do you feel about that? It's a hard one.
Speaker 3: This is really tricky, and we'll just break it down. Let's break it down. Look, this is a judgment free zone. We all make mistakes, and we've all done some questionable things in breakups because it's a time when you're feeling really, really volatile, and maybe there was a little bit of you that wanted to get back at your boyfriend at the time. Maybe there were some some not so nice motivations behind it. However, look that's happened, and now you need to make a decision, and I think I think you have to tell him unfortunately. I mean, it's it's a shitty situation and you may not get the outcome that you want. But I do think that you now need to take some transparency and you need to grow some big balls and have a really, really hard conversation with him.
Speaker 1: I'm going to have to.
Speaker 3: Agree with that.
Speaker 1: I think it's hard.
Speaker 4: And what your reasons were for hooking up with a friend, I'm not sure. Like Laura said, maybe dip down it was a way to get back at him, or maybe it was literally a one night drunk.
Speaker 1: Action of it.
Speaker 3: Whoops, didn't mean to.
Speaker 4: But whatever the reason was, I guess it's irrelevant. I just think, if you're back with your ex now and you really think that this could be in his endgame, you have to tell him because it will come out. These things never stay buried, whether it comes out through a friend, whether one day it's too much and you tell him, or your friend tells him, or there's a photo, whatever it is, it's going to come out, and it's going to be so much worse if it comes out a year down the track.
Speaker 3: If I was in your situation, I genuinely think I would massively struggle with this as well, because you obviously love your boyfriend and want to be with him, and so by telling him this, there is a chance that he might not want to be with you. That may be the outcome, but the reality is that some choices have repercussions, and it's unfair of you to try and control your boyfriend and control his reaction to something by not giving him the information to make a decision that's best for him.
Speaker 4: I also think, if you're going if you're going to tell him, whether it's a year down the track or now, and the outcome he's going to be he's going to leave you.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you want him to just leave you?
Speaker 3: Now now totally, because if you are endgame and if you guys are going to spend the rest of your life together, like you need to have that truth and transparency at the start of a relationship because trust is everything. It was a bit of bad decision making. But now put on your big girl panties, put them on, put your Bridget jones Is on, and go and have a really really hard chat with someone who you love. If he is able to put his ego aside and he loves you as much as you love him, and you guys are endgame, there's still a potential that you'll be able to make it work.
Speaker 1: And I did find this a difficult question.
Speaker 4: I know the truth always prevails, but I really wanted to sit on this on both sides and think about the pros and cons of telling him and not telling him. And I sort of went out and hypothetically asked some of my friends male and females.
Speaker 3: Like, what would they do in that situation?
Speaker 4: She was like, if this happened to you, what would you do? Do you think that she should tell him? I just said the same thing, but hypothetically, don't.
Speaker 3: Worry, guys, like we keep you so anonymous in there, So if you send us a question, we don't repeat, like, I don't even know who this person has come through as only brit knows. So if you want to send us your questions, you stay anonymous, but we may ask a few friends what they think of the hypothetical situation to get their feedback.
Speaker 4: And I was so interested to see what males said about this, and I'm going to be honest, the one hundred percent consensus from males and females of different age groups really put it out there.
Speaker 3: We took a poll.
Speaker 4: We took a poll and actually, let's do a poll on this. Yeah, we can do a poll with Instagram. Yeah, they all said that she has to tell him.
Speaker 3: I love it when we agree go a team. I mean yes, guys, if you have your questions for Ask Uncut, please slide into our DMS at Life Uncut podcast. We've set up an Instagram page and we're going to be putting so much more time and energy into building this little community of you absolute legends over the next few weeks and months and years, and who knows where this is going to go. But if you want us to answer any of your questions, send him on in Britt has been given the job of replying to every single one.
Speaker 1: Yay, so make sure you write lots. Also, there's not really.
Speaker 4: A limit or a subject that you have to write about doesn't have to be loved. It can be relationships, jobs, success, motivation, it could.
Speaker 1: Be something embarrassing, anything. If you just want to write in with the question hit us up.
Speaker 4: If you are an OG, you'll know we never end an episode without suck and sweet.
Speaker 3: So our suck and sweet is basically just our highlights and our low lights of each and every week. And Britt, do you want to kick this one off? Or am I kicking this one off?
Speaker 1: Oh? And I kick it off?
Speaker 3: I've forgotten. Do we start with sucker? Do we stuck?
Speaker 4: No? I feel like the rule is like you're supposed to start with a suck so that you end with your sweet.
Speaker 1: So you just start with the shitty stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: My suck this week is going to be the same as every Australians. The bushfires are by far the biggest suck. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Oh, they are affecting everybody.
Speaker 4: If it's not directly, it's somebody that they know or a family member.
Speaker 1: So I think Australia sucking hard.
Speaker 3: Well, we have all got the same big suck my sweet for the week, my sweet first episode back of season two, and I'm stoked and this is absolutely my highlight of this week.
Speaker 1: Even though we yeah, you are you are my sweet, yes, and i'm's someone sweet, We've probably just been here with you again.
Speaker 3: Now doing that, we just got so excited. I pitched the microphones out and it was.
Speaker 4: Just really nice and I've missed it and I forgot how easy and fun it was.
Speaker 3: So we just have so much fun doing this, So we really do. Guys, thank you so much for listening. And we feel like you are our girlfriends as well, and like we're building this awesome little community and we love sharing our stories and our life and our advice and just all the things that our life uncut with you. So we're just going to say the biggest thank you to everyone who tuned in for season one, and welcome to the party for everyone who is here for season two.
Speaker 1: Yeap.
Speaker 4: If you have liked this, please hit five stars, subscribe, share it with your mom and your dad and your friends and your dog.
Speaker 1: Leave a review as well.
Speaker 4: We read every single one, and we actually love hearing your opinions and your feedback and guys, remember please go out there and share love because we love live. The cut of that, the cut of that, by the cut of