Speaker 1: The Chris Joan O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one, Goodwood Street, Wretch Mountain. This is the Chris John o'conon All Breakfast Show on Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Exciting times. Everyone, we are in the charts. We're in the charts. Everyone, we are in the charts. Show sixty one. The song your song, sing It for Melbourne is now live on iTunes. Jack, what do they need to do to find it on there?
Speaker 3: You just type in going to the iTunes store on your phone type in sing it for Melbourne. But if you've got a brand new phone, I noticed this with my wife this morning as we would try to buy it. If you've got one of the brand new iPhones, you've got to go and download iTunes store in the app store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had to do this. I haven't got the X or the nine or anything flashed out that. But I didn't have to buy a new phone when obviously I moved here and yesterday I was struggling to find it, even though we knew that it was in the as they call it, iTunes ecosystem, but you need to download the app then for iTunes.
Speaker 3: iTunes store because now they're trying to do Apple Music where you can just stream everything.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a pain in the backside that when if you try and buy a song, it wants you to sign up to it. I don't want it.
Speaker 3: And also with this single's going to charity. So if we're just streaming it to Apple, I mean the charity's getting nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they've got enough. Okay, So it is singing for Melbourne. I'm going to play a bit of it in a minute. You can understand the song. It's two dollars nineteen and like Jack said, this is a song for the Starlight Foundation. All the profits go directly to them. It's amazing charity right here in Melbourne. It's a Melbourne song, so it should be a Melbourne charity. This charity has touched actually quite a few of you listen to this show, but quite a few emails and people who sadly have got six children and they give them special days out for them and their family in horrendous situations. It's an important charity and sometimes he's less than known ones don't get as much funding. So We don't know how the song's going to do, but if you do it, it's two bucks. It's nothing. It's half the price of a cup of coffee. It's two bucks. Two dollars nineteen I think is the official price for it. I don't know why it's two dollars nineteen, but go figure it is and it is now. You can download it right now and own it and do something good for charity this morning. We ask you to do that, just one thing this morning. This is the song Herongen We will get.
Speaker 4: Ya sifty one Charles.
Speaker 5: Melbourne of liddle Day but now Vienna Lee was just seconds to go, one last twelve of the die fall in this future Melbourne burst out of the middle, they break the Vianner tax and now another Melbourne brund of Didnty somehow picks the kickaway the city Holder's red melbanweis.
Speaker 2: So it's written by Jack with your suggestions as well. A song for Melbourne and new Anthiemals And to get about that number one crown, the number one spot from Vienna of most Liverpool City. We played this for the first time yesterday and already it made the weather better. This we're playing that song that's how powerful this anthem is. And dolphins heard it and turned up in the yarraw What how can you get dolphins?
Speaker 6: What kind of city is this? Vin You've got dolphins in the river. Sometimes get them in the Thames. But they're dead, they're just washed up, all right.
Speaker 2: It's available to download now from iTunes. Two bucks nineteen goes to this Starlight Foundation. It is your anthem. We're going to play it in full at seven a m. This morning. We can also track real time where or where not we come in the charts. So it's not good to me asking you to buy it. Okay, you're busy people, you're working hard, you're up early. I own it, and I'm going to go around the team. Brian the producer, do you own the song?
Speaker 7: I do own the song, and I've been reliably informed already. We're seven minutes into the show and it's number eighty eight on the rock chart.
Speaker 2: Just mister Bright's eye, Jack, do you own it?
Speaker 8: I own it and my wife owns that. We both bought it this morning.
Speaker 9: Great, Pat, Yes we do, Chris and I do. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Great. Okay, producer, Becks, do you own it? I bought it yesterday? Oh wow, okay, can we get Tommy Bananas? Does Tommy Banana's on video? Tommy, have you got it? Becks into microphone on that's how radio works? You got it? Sophie of Socials.
Speaker 8: Have you got I got it yesterday too?
Speaker 2: Magoo have you got it? Or just downloaded the Hot Breakfast podcast? I got a young person to do it for me. Yes, well no producing Mago Becks has mark on all of the audio and sound for the show. Have you got it? Yes? You got ten copies? Foster Tips has got it as good.
Speaker 3: I don't know that means you need ten phones to get ten copies.
Speaker 4: Come on all.
Speaker 2: Right, So if you're downloading it, please let us know so we can thank you as well. Give us a call this morning when you've downloaded and you've got it, let me know so I can say thank you. Nine four one four one oh four three. We're at number eighty eight in the charts.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three so sing It for Melbourne, which got it's well play on the show yesterday, is available for download now. You can own it two dollars nineteen. All the profits going to the Starlight Foundation and on today's show we'll play the full song seven eight m this morning. Got a big idea how we can turn your cars into a giant PA system, which I share with you just before seven o'clock. So if you are downloading it, let us know this morning and they'll send me a text four seven five three one O four three so we could say thank you. And also if you want to give us a call nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Tom, Good morning, question, Welcome to Australia.
Speaker 2: First up, thank you very much. Tom. Where about you calling in from.
Speaker 10: Mate at the Malam and Hoves crossing Yep, I'll drive for a living um. And I just thought I heard the song sing sing it from Melbourne. I think it's absolutely terrific and I reckon you shall go for an s Rantham.
Speaker 2: That's great, Tom. Have you downloaded it? Mate?
Speaker 10: No, no, as hit, but I will be as soon as I can get some money.
Speaker 2: We will lend you the two dollars nineteen so you can get it. But Tom, I appreciate the fact that you enjoyed the song. We'll play again in pill at seven am this morning. All right, yeah, again, I could hear his hats as they're clicking in the background. All right, So if you are downloading it, give us a call coming up next to take you through our ran final.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's going international, guys. Melli, who has listened to us right now in Chile Santiago has downloaded a song, Thank you very much. Melie. Phil who's listened to us in Lancashire in the north of England, Good old Lancashire, good evening. Phil listened to us over there online. I'm not sure in entuney legal fashion, but he has downloaded the song in England, so thank you very much for that.
Speaker 3: I love the idea of people singing sing it from Melbourne in all corners of the globe.
Speaker 2: Yah, he said, I'm not even from Melbourne. That is a great charity though, and I like the song as well. Now let's go to our official man at the charts right now live we can track how the song is doing. Your song sing it for Melbourne. Brian's at the charts. Worrying now we were five minutes ago, we're at number eighty eight.
Speaker 8: That is corrected.
Speaker 7: Now we are number fifty eight and we're just over Dire Straits money for nothing.
Speaker 2: Well done. This is exciting. This is exciting. Also, this is exciting.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show's Grand Final set.
Speaker 2: Great news kicking.
Speaker 7: Yes, we're on the search for Melbourne's Grand with the longest kicking.
Speaker 2: That's it we are. This is our Grand Final. I thought maybe we wanted to get a couple of grands to line up see if they can kick them all the furthest and the grand that kicks at the furthest wins one thousand dollars, loads and loads. I think almost sixty grands have stepped forward now saying they want in. We've been speaking to you every morning. We've got grands in their forties, some in their fifties, some of their sixties. They are up for it. Every single ground we spoke to Reckons they're going to do the fifty. However, we can now speak to another grand this morning is up early. Maybe do some training. Seeli, good morning, good morning, how are you ah very well, Ceey, welcome to the show, and thank you very much for entering our Grand Final.
Speaker 11: Oh my grank you.
Speaker 12: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: And how many grandkids have you got?
Speaker 12: I've got twenty five grandchildren.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a round of oats that that is that's expensive, the birthday Christmas.
Speaker 12: It's wonderful, It's just wonderful. We're very blessed.
Speaker 2: You know which one of the twenty five, I mean that's bigger than an AFL squad. Which one of the twenty five do you think has put you forward for this city?
Speaker 12: I know Nicholas. I know Nicholas has and then I find out within the hour they all but six of them had put me in for it as well.
Speaker 8: So you've been nominated six times.
Speaker 2: Well, this is great now, And why do you think so many of your grandkids have nominated you city? What is it that you do that made something that you can kick it? The furthest you could be the golden grain.
Speaker 12: Well, because I'm a footy tragic and I'll playfully with the kids every chance I get. And when they were growing up, I taught them how to kick a footy. I how to hip and shoulder and the rules of the game.
Speaker 9: That's critical in any touch on the line.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 12: I had four brothers and three sons, so I just had to learn to play it with, you know, get in or get out?
Speaker 13: Wasn't it our city?
Speaker 2: I think this is incredible? So you got twenty five grandkids?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: See how many of them? Could you name? Right now?
Speaker 12: I can name are of them?
Speaker 2: All right? Everyone to stop what you're doing. Okay, seen he's on the line. She's got twenty five grandkids. Jack, you make a note. You count them off in your hands. Okay, we need we'll all need hands. I'll give you ten. You have ten? Perhaps you do the other five? Were ready?
Speaker 14: Ye?
Speaker 2: All right? Celi, Off you go.
Speaker 12: There's Tom and Nick and Zach and then and then there's Jordan and Jemma and Lucas, Kelly and Bridget's go Haley, Joel and Luc, David, Ashley, Jake, Josie, Aiden and Austin. There's Brendan, Sam and Nathan. There's Emma and Molly. There's Isabelle, Angus, Jack and Maggie, and then the foster kids. There's Max, we own Madaline. How many have I got there?
Speaker 8: Twenty nine?
Speaker 2: Are you the grandmum for all of us?
Speaker 12: Very much?
Speaker 2: That's twenty nine grandkids in total?
Speaker 12: Well we have seven children.
Speaker 2: What you're the old woman that lived in the shoe that I've heard about for seventy years.
Speaker 12: I know, I know.
Speaker 8: Do you mind us asking how old you are?
Speaker 12: I'm seventy six.
Speaker 2: Seventy six? Do you know what I am? A hope, I'm as with it and on it this time of the morning as you are at seventy six cent. That was you did them all. I mean, that is incredible.
Speaker 12: We do all the birthdays and were always give them something a little for Christmas, but we give our children Christmas presents because the grandkids get enter and all this, and three of our daughters in order have mums in their lives and we make sure they get our kids and they get nice presents.
Speaker 3: If you're doing your kids' birthdays and grandkids' birthdays, you're doing two birthdays a week almost fermently.
Speaker 12: Working Santa with the Elks, well we gave monthly birthday parties. We've just had three twenty first.
Speaker 2: And also, you are a treat you are a treat superstar. How far do you think you're going to kick the ball? And because you've been kicking the ball and training the next generation of kickers for.
Speaker 12: Years, well I pretty much have. And we go to off often two forty games a week with grandkids playing and kids playing.
Speaker 2: How do you barrack for Celia? Who do you barrack for?
Speaker 12: Long the Cat?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: My my new team, the D's. We're playing you this Friday. I'm going to be the worst my game.
Speaker 12: I should be, shouldn't it?
Speaker 2: I hope?
Speaker 15: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I already so.
Speaker 12: I think we should get over the line, but I am going to have.
Speaker 2: To agree to disagree. I think the D's are going to get over the line. But let's not falled out right now. So how far? Two last questions, an Cidy? How far do you think you're going to kick it?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 12: I reckon, I can do the fifty. I'll get down there and do a bit of practice.
Speaker 2: I hope you do it. I really hope you do.
Speaker 12: I think they'd be amazing for me to practice. Came in last with two forties. I think it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: You gotta and we need a nickname from you then, seedy, So what is your kicking nickname going to be?
Speaker 12: I too, nick? Not that basically tiny back in school, but I was surely when I played after that, surely get it to me, shorty, shorty.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen, Celie has been a treat to speak to this morning. We look forward to seeing how fire kicking. I hope you do the fifty. I have a good day, Good luck with your training. Thanks for speaking to us.
Speaker 12: All the grand Okay.
Speaker 2: All right then, and I hope the Cats lose Friday as well. Okay, bye bye Seed the.
Speaker 1: Christian who Conwell, Breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Time for this.
Speaker 7: It's six thirty am and time to play the early morning game.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a song to me, Christian, it does, all right, here's the clip first play yesterday, No right answers. I think this is gettable, but it didn't go yesterday. Maybe it's going to go this morning. I think it will. You listen to the clues, you say what you hear? You're trying? Yes, the song title from the clues that is surely going to go today. We have any idea.
Speaker 9: I thought it was something about eating perhaps.
Speaker 2: But she's clever. That's why she's a trained journalist. Holmes is on the case.
Speaker 9: Everyone, we're all saved or doomed.
Speaker 4: She's here and eating.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear that, you know, it's like a dog whistle. We hear nothing but Pats is hearing somewhere in this an eating or a chomping? Would you say?
Speaker 17: So?
Speaker 2: I get her on that jfkk. She'll have it wrapped up by the end of the week. Who was it on the I'd be thinking someone got shot here? We need to get Pat's a classic crime file.
Speaker 9: I need a brandy, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, true crime podcasts are huge of the moment, Pats, you can do a few.
Speaker 9: Of your Yeah, it's very funny boys.
Speaker 2: Red Car's gone up. That's it, Get on with it, all right, give us a cool lines up and now what is the song? Titch? You can hear maybe you can hear eating. I don't know. It's probably just parents. He is picking it up. Nine four one four three. Here are the clues. But what Melbourne is the song? Nine four one four one o four.
Speaker 1: Three The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 2: Will you take this down this morning?
Speaker 7: It's six thirty am and time to play the early morning game.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a song to me, Christian. All right, you say what you hear? I play you a little clip, couple of sound effects. You're trying to work out what the song title is from the sound effects that are in here. Yep, that's who you game. What do you think it is? No right answers yesterday, Bonnie, good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Bonnie. I hope you're well this morning. What do you think the song is?
Speaker 12: Love fights by death leapards?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 18: Great, guess because Detective Petrina is on the case, Bonnie to mate, it is not the right answer, but thanks for carding the show and trying to.
Speaker 19: Have a go.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, he's devastated. They were going to get over it. Never be the same person. Russell, good morning, Good morning, Christy and Rusty. What do you think the song is?
Speaker 13: I think it's Slump by the President of the United States.
Speaker 2: Such a great song and ages we should stick that on all request. If someone asks, right, why do you think lump?
Speaker 13: Well, the chorus where it goes, she's long, She's lomp.
Speaker 2: No, no, no not.
Speaker 3: Why did the presidents of the United States name the song lump?
Speaker 8: Why do you think the clue is lump?
Speaker 13: Sorry, just reminded me of the chorus of that song. I like.
Speaker 2: Chump, chump, lump, lump. All right, Russell, thank you very much, mate, have a good day and guess no, hoppy machinery.
Speaker 8: I don't mind.
Speaker 2: It's a great song, David, Yes, David, what do you think the song is? Mate?
Speaker 13: Isn't it ironic? Anasa?
Speaker 2: No, it is not that evil song. No, it's not that David. Thanks according in mate, Tristan, good morning. Hey?
Speaker 13: Is it is that fat bottom girl?
Speaker 2: Naughty? Naughty? I've seen what you've done there, I've seen what you've done this It is not that, okay, thanks according in Cuts Hello, good morning cut. What do you think the song is?
Speaker 13: Monster?
Speaker 2: Monster month? Yeah, it's the Monster Mash. Isn't it the Monster? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, yep?
Speaker 4: Does it matter? Very early everywhere else?
Speaker 2: Did everyone have a big night last night? There's the weather, isn't it? You know we're out there drinking and it's a nice yesterday? I get it?
Speaker 3: Ash, good morning, hey mate, I reckon it's some depeche Mode just can't get enough?
Speaker 15: You know that one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a classic depeche Mode song, classic British rock song. So from this, why do you reckon it's that?
Speaker 3: Because it's the episode of The Simpsons where Home is getting fource fed the donuts and he wants more, so like you can't get enough.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 3: The line is if you love donuts, why not have all the donuts in the world.
Speaker 2: I like it, Ash and Ashes the rightside, just taking it down. Day two, write it in the last called Ash sneaks through gets it over the line, Ash, well done, well done, Thanks guys. You win the prize, whiches, No, you don't win the ten k and they'll repeat money can't send it to Asia Yo, Jim's cleaning. Jim's coming round. He's going to give you some cleaning when you know you're not cleaning you your place for one hundred dollars.
Speaker 13: Okay, yeah, fantastic, Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Hey, well done. That's really good. Yeah, just can't get an he's eating a lot of food. There. That was the clip. There, we need a brand new clip. Well done, Ash, have a good day, guys.
Speaker 15: You two all right?
Speaker 2: What we're going to do? Then we got the news and sport coming up next. And then the first song you're gonna hear out of seven o'clock is going to be your song sing it for Melbourne? Is this song. It's available for download now. You can download this two dollars nineteen. All the proceeds all profits go to the Starlight Foundation, a great charity for sick kids in Melbourne. We're going to play it right out of the seven o'clock news. What I'd like you to do.
Speaker 5: The seconds to go, one last travel, the guy fall in dispute, Melbourne burst out of the middle, they break the dinner tap and now another Melbourne.
Speaker 8: We're under fifty somehow gets the kickaway.
Speaker 2: The city Holder's read it still gives me goosebumps.
Speaker 19: All right.
Speaker 2: I wanted to do is turn your radio up. If you're in your cars, wind the windows down and when we play the song, turn it up so we can turn your car radio into a giant pac them all over this city. And then we give you details of how we made the song and why. But we're going to play it in full just after seven o'clock. It is available to download now on iTunes.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, the song we played to you yesterday for the first time with the Law Mayor Sally cap here in the studio with us, Your song for Melbourne, Sing It for Melbourne is out now. It is in the charts. Jack at the time, are right now where are we in the iTunes charts.
Speaker 3: We're sitting at number fifty eight, one step ahead of Diastraates Money for Nothing.
Speaker 2: So this is a song that we ask you'll how been writing. We want to work give Melbourne, this great city a song is no longer the number one most liberal city in the world. Whatever, it will be back at number one because it deserves to be. And so Jack wrote this anthem. We've got a lot of people to thank, including a lot of you that came up with ideas for the song and have added to it. We've got school choirs, You've got Hamis McLaughlan on it. But the big news is it is available to download now. Yesterday we played it in full for the first time and the impact on it, it is the most powerful song you're going to hear here this year. And I can't even guarantee your safety. When you listened to it yesterday, temperatures rose here in Melbourne, dolphins turned up and John Melman was listening to it and the rest of sports history. He smashes the Fed Express all because of this song. It is two dollars nineteen. You can download it on iTunes right now. We don't take a single buck from it. It goes through Starlight Foundation, which is a great Melbourne shouty for children who are going through a terrible time in their families. Gives them a very special treat. So it's a great cause. Two boxes nineteen. These people have already got the song.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Christian and Jack are well done on the song downloaded at first thing this morning.
Speaker 8: Awesome job guys, great song.
Speaker 2: One guys. Jake from berri here just downloaded the song of been calling my family making sure they downloaded, wiping them up and we'll make sure the guys from working on him as well.
Speaker 8: Hi, Christian, it's Caroline from Beaconsfield. I've just downloaded the song sing it for Melbourne.
Speaker 20: Heard it yesterday in full for the first time and absolutely loved it.
Speaker 10: Made me cry.
Speaker 2: We love Melbourne.
Speaker 8: Have a great day.
Speaker 20: Bye, Yes, good morning, Christian, Big John can Park just downloaded the song.
Speaker 8: Can't get enough but crank it up in the van.
Speaker 2: I've got it lasting.
Speaker 4: It's fantastic.
Speaker 8: It's for such a good cause.
Speaker 10: If you don't download it, you're a schmuck. Friend.
Speaker 21: Harris m I'll meet you within the street station, the tram cars, the street art. I threw up at Loona Park, the State Library, the NTV, drinking coffee and run Swift Street at Fitzroy Gardens, walked through the trees to.
Speaker 22: Watch the food at the MCG. As the weather gets better, we will barbe you together.
Speaker 17: On and on this way.
Speaker 22: And sing her name, everybody seeing it's an.
Speaker 2: Everybody seeing it's.
Speaker 16: My mother.
Speaker 21: Motion for the languading culture, sporting culture, multi culturalism.
Speaker 22: No Thenmusium, Crampolladium and the very sporting stagums.
Speaker 4: As the weather gets.
Speaker 21: Better, we will talk again together.
Speaker 4: Calling on sway. I'm seeing it.
Speaker 20: Everybody see it's alb.
Speaker 22: Everybody see.
Speaker 20: Melviney song.
Speaker 17: Come yes if we want to.
Speaker 5: Darlen answer Melbourne of led all day but now Vienna League with just seconds to go, one last roll of the guy call in dispute.
Speaker 8: Melbourne bursts out of the middle.
Speaker 19: They break the Vienna tackle.
Speaker 5: Now another Melbourne, we're under fifty. Somehow gets the kickaway. The city holds its bread.
Speaker 2: Melbourne, have you got this turned up loud? This is sing at the Melbourne. You'r and from Melbourne call me now nine four one four one oh four three?
Speaker 20: Where are you listening to it?
Speaker 2: In there? It is your song. Sing it from Melbourne. It's God one I four point three. It's to Christian O'Connor, Breackford show. Jack Bos the composer and the writer of the song. That's got some exciting uses and forms of the iTunes chart. This has been out now an hour and ten minutes. We were at fifty eight in the iTunes Rock chart.
Speaker 3: We have moved to number three on the iTunes Rock Chane.
Speaker 2: Number three your song. You've made this number three and it is only ten minutes past seven.
Speaker 3: So thank you to everybody who's living now and telling family and friends to download it. It is going to a good cause. And also it's a very good song.
Speaker 2: It's a brilliant, brilliant song. And we have a lot of people to thank as well, the people that came up with ideas when we first just thought the most might be a bit of fun. Jack writing a song for Melbourne, a brand new anthem and to rival Vienna's one, and this is far better. I've got an email now for midgyor right, and I've interviewed a couple times. He's a lovely guys who a really funny block and obvious he's the right off with ultrabox on Vienna. I'm gonna send it to him and ask for his as much as he can independent on viewpoint on which is actually the better anthem ultraboxes Vienna or ah sing it for Melbourne? Your song? So it is available to download now, it's on the iTunes chart. If you've got one of the new models of the iPhone, what do they need to do? Mate?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the new models of the iPhone don't have iTunes Store anymore, so you've got to go to the App Store and download iTunes Store then type in Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize this because they keep trying to push you like a dealer. I don't want Apple Music start trying to push me in there. So you download the app then you can find it there. Two dollars nineteen. All proceeds, we don't take a single penny from it goes to the Starlight Foundation and that is a brilliant charity. After this, I'll tell you why we've picked them as well. Let's take some calls right now. God one oh four point three TSH, good morning, Hi here you going Tish? Can I just first of all said I almost called you thrush there because MgO our producer had mistyped it to begin with, and then corrected it. I was about to say thrush on line one.
Speaker 3: Thank god, I get.
Speaker 23: Trash, Chris. You know it's just retarded.
Speaker 2: It's not that.
Speaker 23: But I'm driving Dan. Thank Hilda by Betroth. The singing so blue, the pounds are blowing and I've got that song blary and the quietest singing.
Speaker 15: It's awesome, brilliant.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, trash lovely to get you called Elizabeth, Thank you, thank you, I have giving us a call. Le's worth. You enjoyed the song.
Speaker 14: Oh look, I'm really really enjoying it. Thank you so much, guys for coming up with it. Number one, number two, it is so appropriate for Melbourne. And number three you're not singing in American accent, fantic.
Speaker 21: Oh thank you.
Speaker 14: I just saw that angle and I'm singing at work and everyone's asked me, what's that song? I said, listen tomorrow morning, a wonderful, wonderful day. Guys, I've got to go so by.
Speaker 2: No, she's busy. I mean we're supposed to be busy, but she's busier. Jack, good morning, Oh a, I'm pretty good Jack, And you enjoyed the song singer for Melbourne.
Speaker 11: Absolutely loving it. I only just heard it this morning. I didn't get a chance to listen to it yesterday, but I'm absolutely loving it. It's got me super hyped. I've got a big day coming up, but that is exactly what I needed.
Speaker 2: Oh mate, that is great news. You're going to download it as well for a great cause as well.
Speaker 11: Yeah, of course, all right.
Speaker 2: Tom man Jack, have a great day. Thanks for giving us a call.
Speaker 1: The Christian oho'connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Give beautyse You've made it number one in the rock chart on iTunes. Within an hour and fifteen minutes of the show stumbling on air, your song sing It for Melbourne is at number one in the iTunes rock chart. That is amazing. Thank you so much. If you are buying it, some of you are texting please do that. Put your name on it as el so we can thank you. Four seven five three one oh four three number one in the rock iTunes chart. Your song. That's unbelievable.
Speaker 8: It's awesome. I'm so excited for us.
Speaker 3: I Aldo said, keep jumping up there and now it's got nowhere to go because it's a number one, all.
Speaker 2: Right, so keep supporting it, let your friends know, let everyone know at work that it is available black to them. Okay, yesterday, I need to talk about this. How are dolphins in the era? And they just run a corner from where we are talking to you right now?
Speaker 8: In Richmond there are stones throw away from.
Speaker 3: Here Bridge Street, the Church Street bridge, which is like, you know, not a k from here.
Speaker 8: Dolphins were spotted swimming.
Speaker 2: I've seen the video. It's crazy. Now, how are they here? Are they lost? I know they have a very advance it's sonar and they can navigate all over the world, but apparently sometimes that can get being knocked off Haywy. Now with submarines and boats radar technology, they can become confused.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm confused of how they go from salt water to fresh water. I know, you're not meant to put a saltwater fish.
Speaker 2: It's like when you change your tirees, you know, when you go and you put on your snow tires or whatever. Is that what they've got like a different caint set of fins that they put on for.
Speaker 3: Are they safe in freshwater? Do they have a limited time?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm no marine expert. But that yarrow looks like it's soup. Is I don't want to be rude, Okay, I don't want to be rude because the London where I've been broadcasting from for years is a mankey, old, brown looking Sialty river. Okay, it's muddy as well. It's a city, so there's lot of stuff that gets dumped in it. You know what.
Speaker 3: I always thought, until just recently, that the yarrow is naturally brown like that because it picks up all the silk and minerals off the bank. But apparently before English settlers came here, it was.
Speaker 2: At the convict turns really quickly, didn't it It was it was a clear river.
Speaker 8: And then be bully, yeah, because we Why are.
Speaker 2: The dolphins here now? Race issue? Who are you, Pauline Hansen? Send the dolphins back? Send him back, everyone back.
Speaker 3: It's because we build dams or like, tried to redirect it that it started picking up all the silk and that's why it's brown.
Speaker 2: Why are the dolphins here?
Speaker 9: Why are they to get freshwater? Dolphins? Can't you? I think there's a species of fresh water, But.
Speaker 8: Where have they come from?
Speaker 19: There?
Speaker 3: If the bay, I presume, But that's salty.
Speaker 9: Well, that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jack makes a good point here. We need text calls. There must be some people who've got like some qualifications in marine or even if biology.
Speaker 9: Yeah, someone from the aquarium might call up, because that's right.
Speaker 16: A lot.
Speaker 2: They're busy feeding the penguins this tom in the morning, you know, I think seven twenties when they feed the old penguins of sardines nine four one four, one oh four three. If you've got any insight as to how dolphins are in the Yarra the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So rast this morning? How can there be dolphins in the era and right here near us in Richmond. Let's go to Jeff. Good morning, Jeff, Oh, good morning.
Speaker 15: How's it going pretty good?
Speaker 2: Jeff? And why are there dolphins in the yarraw maye?
Speaker 15: Okay, I'm with the Dolphin Research Institute and we've got records of the dolphins the same time last.
Speaker 2: Year, Jeff, Jeff, Jeff, what is it? What's your official job title? What do you do sir?
Speaker 15: Where I'm I'm Director of the Dolphin Research Institute based down at on the Mornington Peninsula.
Speaker 2: What are the chances, Jeff, that you're listening to us gormously trying to speculate as to why there are these amazing, beautiful animals mammals in the Yarra and you happen to be listening to the radio at that moment.
Speaker 15: It's mental telepathy.
Speaker 2: So, Jeff, you're the perfect person to cool in. So how come they here?
Speaker 15: I look at they're moving for food. In the last week, we've had records of dolphins in the Pattison River down on the eastern side of the bar. We've got dolphs up the Era for the fact the last few weeks and also the day before up to the Maravandom, which is a bit concerning in the marrable on considering the pollution concerns there. Look, so it was good to hear they're back in the Yarra yesterday, and I think part Rode clearly even mean that some of them support the tigers.
Speaker 2: On tomorrow night.
Speaker 8: But Jeff, what kind of food are they looking for?
Speaker 2: In the Era pies?
Speaker 15: I looked. These are bottlenosed dolphins, so they'll be after brim probably and when we haven't had much rhine. This is sort of pretty common after the lack of rhyme because salt goes further up up the rivers, and so that makes sense that we've got them in most of the rivers. And it's as I said, I looked at the record yesterday and we've got sighting September last year. And what's really important is the community can help with the understanding. So when things like this happen and we can say look back in the record and say, yeah, it's actually pretty normal by reporting out the sightings. And we've got people who have been reporting sightings back twenty seven years in our organization's history, and so they can go to our website, which is Dolphin Research dot org dot au and report sightings online and they can even upload videos. Yesterday we had guys uploading videos.
Speaker 2: Some of the videos they're amazing, aren't they the callers of the footage and they just saw are casually playing around there.
Speaker 15: That's remarkable what we can do.
Speaker 2: Seeing as I've got someone who is the director of Dolphin Research, can you tell us one amazing fact about dolphins before we go? One amazing fact about dolphins this morning?
Speaker 15: Probably the way they use sounds. Dolphins can actually make sound pictures like the offrasound. The doctors get, you know, little kids before they're born in their mum's tom They send out sound through their forward in the water and they actually listen with their jaw, so they can actually see octopus buried under the sand, and they can see what's going on in the distance when it's completely dark. And what's more, the sound is so powerful that they can stun a fish with it. So I can go up and give it this incredibly powerful versus sound and stun a fish, which makes it easier to each to eat.
Speaker 2: And he can do that, he can stun a fish with sound. There you go that that's the dolphins going. Why is that it's too early for that?
Speaker 15: And look, can I put in a little plug. We are a not for profit organization and people have been adopting a dolphin to support our research and education programs for twenty seven years, so people can join our action.
Speaker 2: I'm having at that because I want to see if I can have the next days take the kids to come and see some of these dolphins, because they were stunned by yesterday and they came home from school.
Speaker 15: We're so lucky. Look every lots of other places in the world and even Australia are losing their resident dolphins close to capital cities. And we've got a very healthy group of bottle dolphins. But we're the only place in the world where about fifteen years ago we also had iceanic common dolphins come into Port Phillip buy a nice style and so the rest of the world's looking at our wonderful buy and side by. This is remarkable and so we're very lucky. And so we've got to look after.
Speaker 2: Jan hasn't got dolphins staying, not as coming. They stay. Come for the error, stay for the vibe. All right, Lit and Jeff, thank you very much for going to school. You're doing great important work.
Speaker 15: Okay, pleasure, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: The Christian who Conwell Breakfast show Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, So yesterday we were doing five to a Tuesday and one of five topics that you were calling in about with your awesome stories was it was about weavery spotted a celebrity and a dal or every day setting and we got this great call.
Speaker 16: I had Mel Gibson rocked up at my parents' house in the mid nineteen nineties.
Speaker 2: What led the actor Mel Gibson to go around to your folks place.
Speaker 16: Well, he his car broke down on the country days are. It was a time before mobile phones and he needed to call the RACV. So walked up the driveway, knocked on the door, and came in and had a cup of tea while we waited for the.
Speaker 13: RACV to arrive.
Speaker 2: Did you have biscuits by the way with the tea?
Speaker 16: I so?
Speaker 2: I loved doing five juice there. That's such a great call. All right, So here's the thing. Then we thought we got it. There's a part two to this. Has anyone famous come round to your house? I don't know if we get any calls on this. There might be zero calls. They can't all have mel Gibson aunt your place, your mom and dad's house for team biscuits. But has anyone famous ever been round to yours? If they have, give me a call nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we stumbled on air this morning sing it for Melbourne. Your song all proceeds going to the Starlight Foundation. Wasn't number eighty eight in the rock chart? Well, that's fair enough. You know, we'll see what happens this morning. I thought, if you broke in the top fifty, it'll be a huge achievement. It's just two bucks eighteen, and then it went up to fifty eight, and then I went to number three, and now it is number one on the iTunes Rock chart. Now let's go on to the big chart, okay, which is a really really hard one. Obviously, you know you've got your EDG shearings. Ariana Grande. Where are we now? Chat? This is incredible.
Speaker 3: This is the true top forty so of any songs, we're sitting now at number thirty two.
Speaker 2: That's unbelievable. Eminem dropped his new album last week and here's one of the songs from it. Where above that?
Speaker 8: Eminem, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 2: We're above edge sharing's perfect and Ariander Grande as well. And you're doing this. This is happening. We might, We might if you're generous enough to keep downloading it to an offense to do it break the top twenty by the time we finished today at ten o'clock.
Speaker 3: If you want to buy it, search sing it for Melbourne on Itunese on the iTunes store or the iTunes desktop at as well?
Speaker 2: And which you better tell me this? Which the Munday radio stations I've had done a down do the O no move this week at number twenty nine.
Speaker 8: Well the station I came from Fox.
Speaker 3: FM every night place we're still doing that thirty every night every night filler.
Speaker 2: Radio people just find it out who cares? These days?
Speaker 8: Every night?
Speaker 2: From seven the number this week's free number four Julie Bar have a song that sounded like the one you heard an hour ago.
Speaker 3: I think technically if we break the top thirty, they have to play it.
Speaker 2: I think, oh that's that's that's something that's a life goal.
Speaker 19: Right.
Speaker 2: They will hate that, trust me, they will do everything they can not to play that song. But is there a lord? Do they have to play what they're going to do instead? At number thirty, let's move on, moving from.
Speaker 3: Number twenty seven to number twenty five.
Speaker 2: Do you know what they're gonna do. They're gonna rush Eddie McGuire into a into a studio Anther or Feefee to do some kind of song for Melbourne to try and get up the chance ahead of us. All right, so this morning asking have you ever had someone famous round at your house. Ready's on the line.
Speaker 17: Good morning, Good morning, Christian, good morning everyone.
Speaker 2: Wow, and everyone says good morning. But ready, who you had round at yours?
Speaker 17: Well, it was actually about ten years old, a girlfriend's house, having a playdate, and Kylie Minot rocked around.
Speaker 2: Yeah what do you mean she rocked her out her playdate.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well, no, not not to see us, but but she she came on into the house. And my girlfriend's father was a producer and at the time Kylie was really famous. It was about eighty five and.
Speaker 2: Peak, that's Pete Kylie. I mean also in England. She's huge over there. She shifts loads of tickets in the UK. She's almost bigger over there than she is over here.
Speaker 17: She's massive, huge fame and a tiny little person. I mean I was ten years old and were about the same heigh.
Speaker 2: She People don't realize that she's only a foot She's a foot tool. She lives in the skirting walls like the borrowers. She's like a pixie when she down here. You don't realize about that. And then she did you chat to her or get her autograph?
Speaker 17: Yeah, well she came around because my girlfriend's father was a producer and Kylie had she was in a little little Australian series called The Henderson Kids. So I believe she was coming around to pick up part of script for that. Yeah, she was very very friendly. She was in a hurry, but she did sit down and have a quick chat with us. So friend who she obviously you know, saw quite a few famous people coming in and out at times.
Speaker 14: She was impressed.
Speaker 2: But I was great work of your dad's job. You get all these kind of recording arts coming round. Tell me this just quickly to last questions. Did she have a cup of tea coffee?
Speaker 17: She didn't they offered her, but she was in a hurry, and I believe there was somebody she had a boyfriend or something that had dropped her off to pick up the script. So she stayed longer than what I'd thought.
Speaker 8: So so he was just waiting in the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, Oh he had the engine running outside.
Speaker 2: You were too, You were too if you had Kylie's your girl and you keep that engine runny, get out there quick show don't go upstairs in that producer as well. All right, thank you very much. You kill have a good day.
Speaker 17: Welcome, have a good day, kids.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Oh right, and then we're just about to give you another clue. Jack's going another clue to help you win the ten thousand dollars on the ten Canete on Monday. We're asking you for five songs. Five songs. Give us five songs. We'll picked one of these with the song that is played twice between now and six o'clock either the rest of today, Tomorrow or Friday is definitely going this week. Here are the five songs it could be. It's going to be one of these five. Yesterday Jack gave the first clue as to which one it's going to be, which was this album Sorry, this Old House.
Speaker 3: The album version of this song runs for over four minutes long.
Speaker 8: Today's clue.
Speaker 3: The song has featured in Deadpool two, Daddy's Home and Varsity Blues.
Speaker 2: Oh then, that is a clue.
Speaker 9: It's a big clue.
Speaker 2: All right, then, so their clue once more, never put it down until I to put it down. Whatever I told you so to come on.
Speaker 3: The song has featured in Deadpool two, Daddy's Home, and Varsity Blues.
Speaker 2: All right, that's your second clue. It's one of those five songs. Could we going today? Could we going tomorrow? Can we go on Friday? Definitely going before the end of this week, all right, Phil Collins. Tickets finally going to sell one o'clock today through ticket Tech. You don't have to wait until one o'clock. We've got a pair of tickets which we're gonna give away, and I tell you how next after this from p Diddy, don't lose my number.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we're all gonna go. You can get your tickets so you can be there Friday, the first of February next year. Phil Collins Live at the Amy. It's gonna be amazing. Not Dead Yet Live Tour. One of the greatest tour names ever. I don't think there is a great one that not ted yet.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 8: Every time I hear the.
Speaker 3: Promo run around on the stage, can sketch.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I got high pitched then a little bit anyway. Tickets going sell one o'clock today. It's gonna set out so quickly that well, and you can get the through Ticketech one o'clock today, ticketek have got the tickets. Good luck, you can get them. We're all gonna go. We have a pair of tickets right now for you to win. Gig Pigs, get your trout out of my trough. Haven't told you yet. Don't even pick up that phone. Okay, go off the fox and get something easily. You've got to work for these tickets, Okay, Phil Collins, you think about Phil Collins, You think about this, the power the drums. What I want you to do with your mouth is I want you to be the Phil Collins drum break this that that's what you gotta do. I say, what you got to do. We've got to do it really well. This is Phil Collins mouth drummer.
Speaker 9: Ookie, that's such a great drum. He's good at the air drums.
Speaker 2: Air drums won't work on the radio, Pats. So here's what you gotta do. You just do this with your mouth. Jack will demonstrate doo doo.
Speaker 8: Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo.
Speaker 2: Oh sa seamless peraps you reckon? You can ever go? Are the guy? All right? Go there you go. That's what we need to do to win the Phil Collins tickets nine four one four, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So Phil Collins tickets go on sell one o'clock this afternoon through ticket Tech for the gig Friday night, the first half February at the Amy, and we got to pay tickets. You can win. Right now, we're looking for you to do this. It is Phil Collins mouth drummy, Oki with your mouth, do this, I play this, Bring on the drums, let's go to the lines. Good morning, Julium. Hello, hello Julium. Yeah, pretty good. You ready to do Phil Collins on the drums.
Speaker 21: Let's go for it.
Speaker 19: I'll do a drum and field.
Speaker 2: All right, buddy, off you go, okay, do do do do very Judie and you set a high standard there.
Speaker 12: All of the ones on on the.
Speaker 2: This is Angie Andie right there.
Speaker 14: Can I tell you a bit of a story first, Christian.
Speaker 13: I'm so sorry to do this here.
Speaker 2: No, I sorry, Angie. We don't have time are I don't mean rudes, but there are loads of people calling in who want to whin.
Speaker 23: They fail And I'm feeling a bit threatened by Julian because he sounded pretty amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the standards high. Maybe another time for that story hopefully. All right, okay, so I need you to do this, Angie, Angie.
Speaker 14: Drums, you're ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah right, Angie, well, very very good.
Speaker 2: Dost it with the story. Hayden, Good morning, Good on, Hayden three two one go some extra bits in there, nice flourished there from Hayden.
Speaker 3: Hey, we got time for a quick story as well as you.
Speaker 2: Uh Ari, we're good. Ari. You ready to do the drums?
Speaker 13: I'm ready to rock and roll?
Speaker 2: All right? We want some big sounds. It needs a sound off. You go, not that big, not big enough to win the tickets I'm afraid of for Ari. Kate you ready if I am big drums? Kate go sounded like all right, do we take wam more? Okay, let's take one more becks. We've got a really great one. Put them through and then he's the one to beat the moment. Alright, let's try Sylvia. Good morning, Sylvia, Good morning. All right, Sylvia, well done and getting through. You're ready to bring some break.
Speaker 21: We need big drums, thank you?
Speaker 2: No where is that a touchdown phone?
Speaker 1: From?
Speaker 2: Try again? Sylvia? Okay, it's moller, it's like that. Okay, all right, try again, take too, Sylvia. Off we go, Sylvi, No, try again. I know the last and final take, Sylvia, it's more. Can you do that? All right? Sylvia? Once more? For the tickets? Go? I just.
Speaker 8: I just bet Angie's listening to all this going? Is my story really worse than all.
Speaker 2: The story about a dream I had last night at my start sign Julian's back everyone, the King of drums this morning, Julian.
Speaker 16: Yet, thanks good.
Speaker 4: This morning. I love it.
Speaker 2: Julian. Once more, then show them how it's done.
Speaker 24: Okay, tickets, the tickets, gets the tickets, Julie, And well done.
Speaker 2: We will see there Friday night, the first of February.
Speaker 8: Okay, well, Julian, sounds like a sound effects for.
Speaker 2: All right. You can buy your tickets one o'clock this afternoon through ticket Tech.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, So the last couple of weeks of us trying to work the song through to get to the point where and you know what, Originally it was just a bit fun and then it's sort of snowboard and your enthusiasm and joined for it has carried us on as well, and now it's available for download and it's racing up the chances, which is amazing. You're doing all this, Jackets saying to me him, I.
Speaker 8: Don't talk like that.
Speaker 2: He was saying how he knows Dvance Joy and I was like, well, that's amazing, right, He's brilliant and he could sing on the song. It's like yeah, of course. And Jack from day one when I first met him and this radio station flew him over to London for an interview, was like, I can get you access to the stars. The sports stars have got the biggest AFL Inside Inside AFL podcast in the country. You know, working with the Hamish nany Fe years, I know the stars, so I think Advance joined that incredible. The path went a bit cold, okay, and that's that's great. You know, we got some great people the songs on the port for it, and then the sadness of yesterday. I went to go and another meeting. When I came up from the meeting, I said, where's Jack And I said he's in the medical bay. He's had a tough he's had a tough time. France Joy was in reception mate of Jack's what happened?
Speaker 8: I said, hello to your.
Speaker 2: Friend Vance Joy, who you were going to get to sing on the song.
Speaker 3: I just can I tell you this anecdote first, It's just like Angie, this isn't.
Speaker 2: A long story, Okay, what you got?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 3: I know Van's Joy from Hamish and Andy Lake, you must. I saw him at a cafe and I had my head down, tapping away on my laptop, and he came up to me and said, Jack, how are you going blah blah blah, I'm doing this and that.
Speaker 2: Then he's remembered who outside of the studio and the boys friendship outside.
Speaker 8: So that was last summer. Six months has passed. I see him for the first.
Speaker 3: Time now in the reception and I go to him with the same enthusiasm.
Speaker 8: Of course, Oh great to see you. How are you. He's with his record label. He goes to her, Oh, this is Dan.
Speaker 2: This is Dan out what did you say? You can't correct him?
Speaker 8: I pretend, oh, I said this is Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm Jack to the Oh you didn't correct him? Okay, well yeah no, you big dog him like that? Wow, okay, power play.
Speaker 3: I said this is Jack and I said, Ben, stuff please, I don't expect you to remember me.
Speaker 8: We only met that one time.
Speaker 3: I think what happened is yesterday I was wearing my cap backwards.
Speaker 8: I don't know why is that what you told yourself? I didn't look.
Speaker 2: He didn't say this, you really did. At no point where people wondering around going with you with a backwards baby? But where is he? Who is this mysterious man?
Speaker 8: It's just you with.
Speaker 3: I realized I look different when I got like a Dan I actually have when I let my curly hair flow, I actually have very similar haired bands. So he probably recognizes me by the hair and goes, oh, that's the boy with a similar hair to me. That's Jack yesterday with the baseball cap.
Speaker 8: I didn't have that. That's why I didn't recognize me.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I'm not buying any of that. And if that's what you've got to tell us to yourself, sleep at night. Distinctive man, he means nothing to you. He was like Dan Jackie as a matter on vance Joy.
Speaker 3: The only thing, the only bit of sweetness we've got is vance Joy, currently sitting at number sixteen in the iTunes Top forty.
Speaker 8: We're going home. We just overtook it.
Speaker 2: He's going lower in the charts Review Mirror.
Speaker 3: Folders singing the Melbourne at number fourteen, Dan.
Speaker 1: Song, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: It is your midweek mixtape, an hour power. We give you the theme, you pick all the songs. What's a stunning hour we've got coming up for you as well? You've picked all these great songs, songs with amazing sax appeal in It's the Saxophone Hour, the sax Hour.
Speaker 3: We went through lots of instruments that didn't make it, The clarinet Hour.
Speaker 2: Yea hobo hour. Oh no, I think we do those before over Christmas when there's no one listening. All right, we'll just get those away then Hi before that at work time. Way stuff, This is big news. This could come over here. An Abba themed restaurant is coming to London, so we're going to try and build them. You an Abba themed restaurant, So take an Abba song? How can you turn that into something on the menu. I've got Fernando Balls, one of their big songs. Yeah, but like meatballs, no doballs you never heard of? Yeah, Fernandobles water. Where's the loop? Please water, where's the loop? Please give me gim me, give me the bill, Please win a rush, give me, give me a man go chicken Waterloo? Where's water? Where's the loop? Please? Bernandos. You only do them once one of us is gluten free. I've gotten their b size now all right? What's on the Abba restaurant menu?
Speaker 3: Jack the donnaka Baba, nice chicken and sweet beyond soup.
Speaker 2: And I liked that? And what are you gone to take a chance?
Speaker 17: I was.
Speaker 2: I couldn't think of him.
Speaker 8: Take a chance on meat.
Speaker 2: Ah ah, a chance on the meat platter.
Speaker 3: And if they ask you for steal sparkling, you go just tap waterloo?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Ahobles, give me, give me, gimme a mango chicken. All right, then let's kick off. The first song what a great one in our sacks out between nine and ten o'clock. Then an hour of songs was sex apeal. We kick off with this great one from George Michael Careless whisper Kerrie in Merrick picked this one. We've got some brilliant ones coming up. When mark your at work time wasster in ten minutes.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Heavy Wednesday with it is. We call it the Midweek Mixtape. We give you a theme, you pick up blue of your music. This hour is sas specials. I saw so let You Boot Johnny Croyd and Billy Whereby went with what an awesome song? Bat to the Bone George Thorogan and kicking off George Michael's Careless Whisper and Carrion Berrick. A lot of people, a lot of people call in the station yesterday demanding that we play scenes from an Italian restaurant by Billy Joel. So hey, you call me up, Oh listen, I will play scenes in Italian restaurant b Billy Joelre you familiar with that song Jack.
Speaker 8: Of Course or the sacks in it? Billy's voice, love it got it all.
Speaker 2: It's a story. It's a story in a song, vignettes If you want all right, then So this Abba theme restaurant opening up in London, which I use their songs to make the menu. You ready to mark?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'll be giving away Abba Gold because Abba Gold is the name of their greatest hit album.
Speaker 2: This Guy's All Radio. Can you hear the drumsticks? Fernandos. That is so good.
Speaker 8: That's up there with chicken and sweet beyond soup.
Speaker 2: That's a gold and up there with water. Where's the loop please? Thanks for the music, Rob, thanks music, Thanks for the musie.
Speaker 8: That's a gold, abber gold tick.
Speaker 2: A chance on me? Really annoyed. I didn't get that. Ken, You're a smart amount of nuts in forest hills. Take a chance for me, ticker, look a chicken ticker curry ticke a chance chance, Yes, dancing meats instead of dancing wing doesn't quite scam and it made me laugh. It's funny.
Speaker 8: Make it from the menu a dancing ham.
Speaker 2: Sorry, does your mamma dough dough pizza dough? Does your mamma do men?
Speaker 4: Yes you do?
Speaker 2: You have balls with garlet to dip.
Speaker 8: In these dobules.
Speaker 3: Can't stop hearing about the all right, it's a gold.
Speaker 2: Does your mamma dough dancing breen?
Speaker 8: What's the brain fish? Okay?
Speaker 3: Because I was laughing about it, didn't get it.
Speaker 2: The chart success fan's joy is gone to dance head a gold, all right, super grouper. That's another fish there it is, Scott. Thank you for the noodles, No, thank you for the noodles. It works. Give me your ham after midnight, so to give me a man Oh yeah, sivil plus the winger takes it all.
Speaker 8: God World, I'm Peter uh dancing.
Speaker 2: Keiche has an a gold amand in rosebud. Well done. Knowing me knowing soup.
Speaker 8: No, it's a double knowing me knowing you no meat, knowing soup.
Speaker 2: I like it gold Mama Chia cheer cheer. You know people have the old cheer seeds, don't they. You don't order it, don't otherwise you'd live your boring old lunch. I just have the cheers seeds. Nothing else. Silver, No one's rubbish. Okay, which one do you think is the best one today? I think Dancing Keish, Dancing Keish is the winner. Well done.
Speaker 1: The Christian oho' connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: That is for young listener of ours. Christian and Bayside Billy Joels scenes from an Italian restaurant and I don't realize I actually worked with Philistines. No one appreciate what a beautiful song that was. You were just like raising your eyes because it's not some angry three minute song by Green Day.
Speaker 8: Was that just one song.
Speaker 3: I thought, sorry, I thought that was the Billy Joel discography.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. You don't appreciate music when it becomes more of a chamber mood piece.
Speaker 8: That's actually a nice song.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful song.
Speaker 3: Is a fact like there is some room to trimma.
Speaker 8: You get out of that?
Speaker 2: Really? Could you? This chart success has gon to someone's head on the show. But okay, we've got some breaking news. Sing it for the Albourne your song, this song has gone too not quite number one.
Speaker 3: Well, it's number one in the rock chart iTunes bright chart, the number one.
Speaker 2: Number one in the rock chart in this country. Number ten in the rock charts in the UK. We're talking about an international hit now and then the big top forty in this country.
Speaker 3: These are the real chart YEP iTunes top forty.
Speaker 8: We have broaken into the top ten.
Speaker 2: World ten ten in with a bang at number ten. So download the song today and we could we should break top ten with your songs. Sing it for Melbourne?
Speaker 8: Well with number ten? Is that breaking the top.
Speaker 2: Ten on I reckon the nine of the eight. It's for a Starlight foundation.
Speaker 19: Just two dollars nineteen, everybody, all right?
Speaker 2: Turner Today Show. Then is sing It from Me and it's out now. It's a number ten, number one of the Rock Charts, number ten of the Rock chart in the UK, but number ten in the official Top forty charts. This is amazing.
Speaker 3: Search for singing for Melbourne on iTunes on the iTunes store.
Speaker 2: Two dollars nineteen. Thank you very much for your support this morning. Keep download the song, telling her your family and friends about it. Huggy is coming up next. We're back tomorrow Morning Talent. Today's show sing at the Melbourne
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three