Speaker 1: Mitch, cue the ominous music.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've got it ready, always prepared.
Speaker 3: There is a pandemic that is sweeping Melbourne right now, and it is something that mothers should be very very friend of fathers as well, but I'm sure more mums will care.
Speaker 1: Right now, I'm like, oh, this sounds so bad.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, sixty percent of children will be affected by this, Jez, and they are super in their powers, are.
Speaker 1: Super in their powers. Yeah, I'm actually trying to work it out. I don't even want the answer. I want to work it out.
Speaker 3: These blood sucking creepy Crawley, I've got vampires are coming for your children in a school, in a daycare right now.
Speaker 2: It's getting scary alright.
Speaker 1: What's the guys.
Speaker 3: Sixty percent of children in Melbourne are going to have nits?
Speaker 1: Oh no, because there is.
Speaker 3: A super There is a breed of super knits that are taking over Australia and they are so hard to get rid of.
Speaker 1: They do not respond to normal knit treatment. There are super nits. Remember what this was like when we were kids.
Speaker 3: I have so many memories of sitting in my mom's kitchen on the floor and she would have one of those stupid like those combs, those little metal combs.
Speaker 1: It's a nick comb. A nick comb.
Speaker 2: You couldn't see through the crack. The little prongs were so close together.
Speaker 3: But it was an electric one, so it would buzz them as it pulled them out. You'd feel this little Oh.
Speaker 4: I didn't have that one. My name was mainstream, like no buzzing. But can I tell you, I am traumatized from the moment I had nits.
Speaker 1: I the first one I got them.
Speaker 4: I was probably in year one, and I'll never forget that. I was going for my first proper haircut at a hairdressers that afternoon, and I remember I told everyone at school like, I'm getting.
Speaker 1: My hair done, blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: I get to the hair dressers and I sit in the chair and she puts the cap on me, and then she goes to touch my hair and I see her like recoil in the mirror.
Speaker 1: She was like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: She put her hands up and she goes, I can't touch your daughter to my mom and my mom was like what And she goes, She's got nitch.
Speaker 1: She's infected. And I've been so embarrassed in that moments.
Speaker 4: They took the cape off, and I had to leave, and then I had to go home get my knit treatment, and then everyone at school the other the next day was like, why didn't you get your hair done?
Speaker 1: That's humili and I had to say because I hadn't.
Speaker 5: I can still smell it. The smell of eucalyptus to this day gives me PTSD.
Speaker 1: Is that what you is that what you remember like from the nit tree?
Speaker 3: I don't remember the smell of the tree that it was t triol.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it cove your hair? Your mummud combed?
Speaker 5: And then my mum would get the glad out the super mega you know, like the big role of wrap you and I couldn't think of the word, and she'd wrap my head around.
Speaker 2: I'd sit there watching Nickelodeon while.
Speaker 1: Didn't even for that.
Speaker 3: But I think there's a lot of misconceptions though, right because a lot of kids think that you get nitscush're dirty like and that's why other kids get it. But really they're just attracted to kids that have clean hair, but really really thick hair. You miss this while you're away in the giant, while you're away in the jungle. I brought a public service announcement to all of the parents of Australia. I help them get out of you know, noses, little noses that could maybe get like an object trapped up them. I also taught the parents of Australia how to cycle wind out of their children.
Speaker 1: I think mich which was like such a willing participant in this.
Speaker 2: It wasn't you have been no choice.
Speaker 1: It's such an incredible like the child dummy.
Speaker 2: I would say, I did not offer my body up for science.
Speaker 3: And I think that now we owe another public service announcement and we do. We owe this to the Australian public, and that is Mitch Tomorrow. I'm going to show everyone on the show how to get nits out of their hair, and that's by using you.
Speaker 4: Should we make this actually accurate, scientifically accurate and put knits in his hair first?
Speaker 1: We can go to that length. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 3: But it doesn't matter, Actually, it doesn't matter how Mitch feels because it's happening on tomorrow show.
Speaker 2: You guys know this is a job, right, like there's a hr.
Speaker 1: You paid well for this. You can't complain.
Speaker 2: I'm not getting knits, I'm not getting infested.
Speaker 1: With We're not going to actually infest you. We're just going to pretend. We'll put pretend it's in it. Anyway, that's coming up on tomorrow show.
Speaker 2: Is that what we're doing on Wednesday? You guys said, we'll tell you after.
Speaker 4: The show, Mitch, glad rap Mitch.
Speaker 1: We'll come up with a better name for a person. Isn't it just Mittmit? Mitch?
Speaker 4: Mitt sounded better in my head.
Speaker 5: I'm not we need to talk after because I'm not. I don't know if I'm keen on this.
Speaker 4: All right, well let's go to Will and Woody. You don't have a choice, Mitch show. We're going to nit you delight your.
Speaker 2: Cant wait, that sound like a golden retriever.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's many techniques.
Speaker 3: We want to make sure people are using the most effective one against these super lice. Anyway, coming up next, what are the boys go on the show?
Speaker 5: Will and Woody are back on the air. They'll be on next and we are done. We'll see you all tomorrow. You've got to be able to smell me through the radio tomorrow, everyone, So apologies in advance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you miss the show and you want to listen to it all on the pick Up you can go to wherever you listen to your podcast.
Speaker 1: It's the pick up Radio show.
Speaker 3: You can get it all there, all right, Smell your later guys away from the nets.
Speaker 2: Goodbye,