Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Every week on the show with Anyone called the Golden Year, we go back to a year and then we played the one second winner one second of songs, big songs from that year to then we go back to two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: Patsy we on Nov. Two thousand and three. It was Yeah, I've been on there a couple of years.
Speaker 2: What a great station that was when it launched. Now it's one of the worst in the world, that's official. But it was an incredible My old boss got poached from the UK to fly out here and run over. But Nov the first couple years was incredible. That must have been really exciting.
Speaker 1: It was because it's not every like we all knew.
Speaker 2: It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. You don't always get to be at the launch of a brand new radio station.
Speaker 1: Now I've only done it once before my career. It's so exciting, isn't it start a new radio station from the first break? Do you go? Do you have to go to the government and say we want one more radio station by the license a few more freaks and bidding process and stuff like that. Yeah. Yeah, and then I have.
Speaker 2: To do something called a promise to performance. But this is not a question that is anywhere eliminating and or interesting. Put it on the Radio Wars podcast with Craig Bruce.
Speaker 1: So Jack was just fifteen. Oh wow, that's right. Yeah, I was in year ten.
Speaker 2: I was just read I turned thirty in two thousand and three. As I'm turning thirty, you're in year ten.
Speaker 1: My first kiss in two thousand, same for me turning thirty of my wife's bottom. Who was it Jack? Her name was Bree More? Oh another great story? All right? So because they're too excited at the moment. Yes.
Speaker 2: In two thousand and three, Arnie became the governor of California.
Speaker 1: Just turned seventy seven.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, ug Boots went from Bogan to mainstream. No, I think they got one unboot in both? Have they mainstream and Bogan? The Da Vinci Code?
Speaker 1: Any of us read it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I saw the moon Line. The movie was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, DaVinci coaches is Parlish went on to sou I did not know it sold eighteen million copies. Oh my god, what's he doing now? Spending that the money from it? My space was launched with features like, I remember this your top eight friends and your profile song.
Speaker 1: I remember it actually felt like it was our moon landing.
Speaker 2: When that came along, it was such a wildly new, exciting thing. It became the number one most visited site in the world, overtaking Google at the time. News Court brought MySpace for an unprecedented five hundred and eighteen million in two thousand and five. However, a year later, Facebook was launched and quickly just decimated it news Court and then it ended up selling what they brought for five hundred and eighty million for thirty five million.
Speaker 1: Even that is not a good deal. Have you ever bought it? Lost over half a billion? Wow? Wee all right?
Speaker 2: So TV shows that started in two thousand and three, so many great shows, the OC Arrested Development and one of the good is TV dramas ever, The Wire, as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connall Show podcast, Christian O'Connell show, Christians.
Speaker 2: Letting you know that my cousin's daughter Emoni Sherman is in Paris as part of the New Zealand Team Pursuit track cycling team. They got silver in Tokyo and they're looking to go one. But at this time my ninety six year old mother has been quite a celebrity at a retirement village. They got photos of damn right of Emily and her three team in mates up in the reception area. That's exciting news, Graham, good luck. When does she next? I'm com meeting all right? So one second winner the Golden Year this week is two thousand and three, So we've got some big songs of two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: Jack Are you ready? Ready? Patsy?
Speaker 2: Ready ready? Okay, one second, go.
Speaker 1: Seventy five and easy. This guy's bright. I don't think you're playing one seconds.
Speaker 2: These are very I'm playing the answers in the club.
Speaker 1: In the club, yes, rather than in the club. And who's in? By fifty wow? John?
Speaker 2: Two from two? What don't Jackie boy? Pats are you going to play today? Right?
Speaker 1: Wind in the project?
Speaker 2: Still wow?
Speaker 1: Look at your great all right?
Speaker 2: Three out three for Jackie Boy. Come on, Patsy, this is a gettable one for you.
Speaker 1: Pats. You're going to be my girl by ja wow.
Speaker 2: Wait my gosh, someone drug testing four out of four. There's got to be a jimmerquise somewhere in here, because.
Speaker 1: It was at the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, you speaking I'm it's like teenagers.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like you're faking secret.
Speaker 2: Game.
Speaker 1: I'm not well.
Speaker 2: My daughter's friends will speak like that. This is this sort of strange American drawl they have sometimes they're all Aussies and they go.
Speaker 1: Like, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: All right, Patsy, come on, come on strong, finish.
Speaker 1: I believe in people love jack and what is going on? What is going on? Age against the menopause? Menopause? Bunger. All right, Patsy, there are two left. I don't think so, Jack.
Speaker 2: I do believe from six and this is dominant. This is like the Aussies in Nepool. All right, Patsy, these these next two are in your wheelhouse.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh that's beyond s isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yes? And singing?
Speaker 1: What is she singing? She's I don't know.
Speaker 2: What the song is.
Speaker 1: It's not single ladies. No, no, it's not once more no no, no, no, love on top? Excuse me, baby boy no, no, let's not even go there. Crazy. I've never heard of a song called love on Top? Did she ever though of loving? Jackie Boye?
Speaker 2: Slow jaws with the said think we know before the anchor if she comes in sometimes she hears that love on.
Speaker 1: Top well down.
Speaker 2: Pats I got half a sis, all right?
Speaker 1: Then the last one Chalice eight one on Jackie My Winner, Winner, Christian O'Connell Show podcast