Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Said lounge.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Jenny, Grandma from the window.
Speaker 2: Kids. We just have to hope there's people listening every morning. We don't really know.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, it's the Christian O'Connell Show. Seven mines past six Tuesday morning. Poor Jack Post. He's pinged his back and I know what this is like. I've done this to you. I could tell you are in agony.
Speaker 3: There is no pain like back pain.
Speaker 2: It's awful.
Speaker 3: And you're stuck. I was stuck yesterday.
Speaker 4: Get frozen and your body just shuts down. It doesn't want you moving.
Speaker 3: I was trying to do the dreaded dead lift at the gym, which is pretty much bend over and pick up the weight that you can manage.
Speaker 4: But it's like the most dangerous exercise you can do. So many men and women have hurt their banks doing it.
Speaker 3: They warn you to when you do it, hey, just make sure the form is director house. You're going to put all the load on your back, and that's exactly what I did, and now my back is I was lying on the ground of the gym with my knees hugged up to my chair. It's horrible because that was the only thing that would relieve the pain. And now it got worse during the night because when you're not moving anymore, it seizes up and then you can hardly move. I mean yesterday Biancher was out at book club, so I was home from alone for dinner and I was on the couch ordered in. The guy came and dropped off my burger and just getting to the door took me fifteen minutes.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You have to do this kind of like old person shuffle, don't you When a couple of times I actually would have to lean against the wall to get the breath back to move on another football two.
Speaker 3: I'm using the bookshelfs like one of the pit stops in Wipeower.
Speaker 2: Literally clawing your way along, dragging itself like Sean Connery in The Untouchables, and that's slow agonizing his death as she's crawling through his apartment.
Speaker 3: And then the small banks. Having to put my socks on my shoes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I remember when I had was taken off the day after Sarah's birthday. By fifty two years ago, when I was on the show and I tried to lift a couch dead lifting a couch hungover. You know, when you hungover, you still think you got that sort of glow of invincibility. And then so I went, no way, and I went, I don't need I'm so strong ah, And I literally was lying on the floor. I couldn't get up, so she had a cool lamblets. I even remember when they took at the hospital. There was some young guy who said, okay, so you need to get undressed, put the gown on, and get into bed and then the doctor will be into examining a spine. And he went, do you need anything? And I did need help to actually take my jeans off. I was so embarrassed. I couldn't even look him in the art went, I can't take my jeans off.
Speaker 3: You have to take my pants off for me.
Speaker 2: This old trick again a different time was it when he's starting radio He used to look after the Black Thunders and I've got so I should take his jeans off. We're going there's nothing wrong with that guy's l four told me.
Speaker 3: Once, I'll tell you what it is hard. And I really realized that as I was driving in this morning you know when you see old people driving slow and you're like, what's this all about? Just drive faster. I understand if you're in pain, you want to move slow. You feel every rivet and bump in the road.
Speaker 4: There's too many and so you would have noticed this morning there's too many speed bumps. You don't notice speA musk until you knacker your back. When I was in the ambulance and they were taking me right, they were going, hey, you're really going to get to know how many speed bumps are in Melbourne. Now we will give you a warning before it's speech bump, right, And I had that green whistle, so I was like sucking on that as they were going five four is just to try and feelness.
Speaker 2: As went over yet another speed bump. Dragony. Yes, So what have you taken this morning? You past me up and down like Chris Rock.
Speaker 3: I've taken Voltaire and Panadole, and I just got to keep moving because the more I say still, the worst it gets. Honestly, by the time I got here, just a twenty minute trip in the car, getting out of the car was so difficult.
Speaker 4: Patsy saw you just pacing up and down. Just now during the song right and asked what was up? And then did you hear her first response? You said, I've hurt my back. She actually said, do you need drugs? Not medicine, not painkillers.
Speaker 2: Do you need drugs? Oh no, it's a.
Speaker 4: Big difference between painkillers. And did even did even skipper beat? She went, do you need drugs?
Speaker 6: I meant peers, ciders.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they are, just made them up.
Speaker 3: I'm coming in and get something.
Speaker 4: Patsy from Patsy's Medicine Cabin. Patsy was Michael Jackson stocks, so she's got some great stuff. The Old Jesus Dud.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yesterday when I was in my gym, I was catching up the guy that runs it right, and he trains a couple of boxes and one that was fighting at the weekend and he won, and he was telling about the f it's about three or four hours away right out in country Victorian. He said he was taking on a local lad and so he's really really tough because you know they can take a punch.
Speaker 2: These these locals are tough out there.
Speaker 4: And he said it is something unusual they did, right, and he goes, I know if they do this, a lot of sort of boxing fights out in the country. Right, he goes the first hour was grudge matches, right, and I said, what do you mean? He goes, well for half five to a half six locals who've got a beef with each other in the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like, why is now chaos sports? That is pay for that?
Speaker 4: Do you imagine like you go to your local butcher anyway, Hey, well then.
Speaker 2: The pork chops she gave me last week, I see you on the fifth. I will see you on the fit Glover up glove.
Speaker 3: That is such a good idea because it's not two guys doing it for a pay packet.
Speaker 4: It's there's a referee there, right, and you have to then if you so you've got a grudge of somebody else, and he went, hey, there's a fight about it, you know my queensby rules. Then you're then going to have to train. You have to do some going to train and get some basics there. So they have to have cornermen and a coach and so this. They have to wear headguards, coin protectors. But the're things right, so when the professionals come on, they're in their boxing gear these guys is like sort of Collinwood shorts.
Speaker 2: Trainers.
Speaker 4: It's a mish mash, you know, of whatever they've assembled to go with the headguard, you know, and the goin protector.
Speaker 2: It's just whatever gim gear they've got.
Speaker 8: Still, the spectacle to me is more entertaining. That should be the headline. Now, he said, he said, he couldn't stop watching them. It was amazing. So they go hell for leather for about a minute.
Speaker 2: They then they're gassed, just.
Speaker 3: Leaning each other.
Speaker 2: It's hardly think it, and then start throwing a few more haymakers and the refs in the going guys to stop leaning on each other.
Speaker 3: Do they at least say what each grudge is?
Speaker 2: Now, I want to know, I'd want to know. I want to know. It's the local car salesman. Wake me off on this, all right, go to your corners, come out, fighting comes up.
Speaker 7: The Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 2: They saying Breakfast Radio.
Speaker 4: She'd never take more than a couple of days off because otherwise, you know, you could be fired.
Speaker 2: Same with the Queen. She's had a couple of little sick days. Barbados, how fired her? You cowards? Barbados?
Speaker 3: They see the blood is in the warm ice. She's not making appearances.
Speaker 2: It's not looking good.
Speaker 4: Get with him an now, get with him an hour before she makes us have that miserable son of us, Charlie boy, and.
Speaker 3: It's no mucking around as well. At the stroke of midnight tonight, she's done.
Speaker 2: She's done. They fired the queen. That is ask Barbados. It's like succession, isn't it. You gotta be so careful.
Speaker 3: Now watch the Domino four. You lose Barbados, you have New Zealand. Yes, Canada, you lose Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you wait, you'll suddenly see that she's out doing press ups later on today squat Thrust. She'll been doing dead lifts. No problems. It's been too long since we've had any Neil Mitchell on this show.
Speaker 3: Neil watching, Neil Watch.
Speaker 4: Mitchell Watch is by yesterday a caller who saw not one alien ship, twenty things. You want to listen out for just how Neil it actually when you first hear the first fifteen twenty seconds, a strange noise he's making is like an old man who's actually sleeping and snoring behind.
Speaker 9: Now I saw something really strange up in the sky last talking about USO.
Speaker 4: All right, listen to this now right, as if he's snoring during his own show.
Speaker 10: My Hi, Now, I.
Speaker 9: Saw something really strange up in the sky last night, talking about USO. No, seriously, My sister was with me. It having about ten PLUSB ten. I live in Yale. It was a beautiful night last night, and I thought the dog out for a little and we were standing there reminiscing about our holidays. We looked up into the sky and we saw about twenty lights, all information coming from the west to the east, and then they disappeared into what I said was a wormhole.
Speaker 11: Oh well, black hole, I've gone. Oh Marley, you didn't take a photograph of.
Speaker 9: Marlon and the Mother's ship party?
Speaker 11: Did you get a photograph?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 11: May I hang on you?
Speaker 12: Sorry?
Speaker 2: We both saw.
Speaker 9: We had breakfast this morning and we were talking about it this morning.
Speaker 11: Well, you hang on fromm We'll get a contact point for him. We get an answer. We're getting answer. I have seen film, seeing photographs of it. I'm sure it's explicable. Okay, public mood not good.
Speaker 4: Also, three w do this a lot right? With any call that go, we'll get your contact detail on that.
Speaker 2: Like that. We know ever, So who is Neil Mitchell calling? I've got I've got his old number, but I've got some at the Pentagon.
Speaker 4: So who is the contact teach? They have charts of eightiens.
Speaker 2: Get contact number for that.
Speaker 7: Christian Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Twelve Days of Christmas.
Speaker 4: Over twenty thousand dollars spend down at Chapel Street Precinct this morning at places like Hucksterburger in Peran.
Speaker 2: It's Christmas o'connalls twelve days of Christmas.
Speaker 4: So today prize is one thousand dollars to spend on Chapel Street Precinct at places like Hutsterburger, Paran.
Speaker 2: You's got to.
Speaker 4: Guess what the song is in the mornings, carry hokey. Here's this morning song. It's a tough one. I doubt any of you have noticed, but we've replaced the center we had last week, and we really shouldn't have.
Speaker 2: This is just a wheeze box, isn't it?
Speaker 3: And it's so far from the original song knowing what it is, that's not it.
Speaker 4: If you went to a department store and then a sound to like that, you'd call Shakira, shuffle away, you keep go.
Speaker 2: Don't get close to it. No, what's getting that? It's just a noise, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Far away?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what. We'll try it like this. We may have to give you clues, but let's just see.
Speaker 2: No one's cooling. It's just a noise. It's like aod dog whistle. No one is going to guess this.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's Christmas o'connall's twelve Days of Christmas. Yeah, on the show.
Speaker 4: Then over twenty thousand times for you to spend out the iconic Chapel Street precinct.
Speaker 2: Today it's a thousand dollars you can pay. Maybe go to someone a Huckstaburger paran where you can smash.
Speaker 4: Over fifty burgers in one sitting. I don't think they mean that you actually try and have all fifty and one sitting at a Hucksterburger paran. All right, so Toby's you got to guess the song and this is just a noise. I don't know how we think you're going to guess the song from this. It's Santa doing carry hokey again today? What song is this? We have some guesses. Gabby, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 13: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Gabby. So you fantasy trying to guess what that noise is?
Speaker 5: Yes, I think I've got it. I think it's Blue by Eifel sixty five.
Speaker 2: Now what makes you recognize that in the noise?
Speaker 5: So a bit of a weird story.
Speaker 10: That was my favorite song.
Speaker 5: So when I was in womb, he would actually play it to me back through my mom's tumming. And then when I followed a little baby, he would actually pad rhythm mother on my bum to put me to sleep. So it's part of my day. It runs through my veins like anything else.
Speaker 4: This is incredible. It is that song, by the way I mean here it is mixed together.
Speaker 2: Gabby. You've won the thousand dollars and deserved it. But I love the fact it's your dad's favorite song.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and yet I've heard it growing up now and I've heard it, yeah, probably every day.
Speaker 4: Do you know if someone sung that to me and I was in a womb, I'd stay in there?
Speaker 2: What is out there? More of them?
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: It's a It's a good sign when the guy opposite for you is a slumped over his chair praying for help. I've been there, poor guy, You're in so much pain.
Speaker 3: It's seasy enough, and it's getting stiffers and stiffer as we go. I pulled my back yesterday trying to do a dead lift at the gym, which if you're not doing it right, is a dangerous lift.
Speaker 4: And then what a humiliating place to hurt it as well, because those gyms.
Speaker 3: Are I'm already intimidated in there.
Speaker 4: Seriously, when you go to a gym, there are two types of people out. There are women there who relaxed, who are comfortable in themselves and their self esteem.
Speaker 2: And then there are men, mucho guys. And they're not men, actually are they. We're boys. You're looking around at the bigger boys. You know.
Speaker 4: Even when I go into a locker room, I'm not forty eight, I'm a teenager.
Speaker 2: Oh they're going to see my bottle with me, with the town, take my lunch money. There's a lot going. It's fraught with tension in a gym.
Speaker 3: It is so when I pulled my back yesterday, I felt so vulnerable because you were paralyzed for a little bit with pain, and when.
Speaker 2: Those big apes could pick you up and have away with you, use you as a beach ball.
Speaker 3: There's nowhere to go that. I desperately wanted to stand up and walk it off.
Speaker 2: Were you really on the floor?
Speaker 3: I was on the floor and then all I could do is wrap my legs up to my chair.
Speaker 2: And what were the other dudes doing?
Speaker 3: They?
Speaker 2: I mean, they look the other way. You don't want to see a guy like that.
Speaker 3: You know what it is? Actually, you're right. The women are the people who came out from me and said like, hey, can I get you anything? I'll get your paneled again, Johnny want.
Speaker 4: To see it because they fear that could be then one day they even talk about it, they could absorb some of your weakness.
Speaker 3: Can't stop my reps to help another, I will.
Speaker 2: Be on the floor. Lived hard, Live hard? How long were you down for? Oh?
Speaker 3: Twenty minutes?
Speaker 2: Oh wow? Yeah? What did Frankie boy do? He must have felt so wonderful.
Speaker 3: He was so he felt so bad because he said, he was like, this shouldn't happen on my watch. I'm sorry that this happened.
Speaker 2: See again, the sun was going on. Oh my goose, goose.
Speaker 3: I bet if there was a way for him to sacrifice himself and take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all be your fraid.
Speaker 4: I'm just smashed right back up, Jack so we can be down there together, brothers. Anyway, it's amazing whenever you talk about knackering backs, right, you don't.
Speaker 2: Say you've hurt your back. You actually f word. Actually, because I even I swapt I felt so sorry. J Yes, I swat message with him and said to our wife Jackson a lot of patient.
Speaker 4: Will you know when he's f his back? That is the Latin medical term. It's the only word. It's so bad. You can't use mild language, Rob, But for this morning on the Monor show, we must use mild language.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: But he said, I've knackered my back, don't you say so? One O this morning? Where did you nack your back? I didn't mind lifting the couch and had to actually get taken into hospital and kund do the show for three days. So I do know, Jackie boy feels you did yours in the gym. Yep, my friend Iris Johnny, who like your friend Jeremy the vegetarian.
Speaker 2: Guess what is Irish?
Speaker 3: Irish?
Speaker 2: He's actually in my phone.
Speaker 4: It's Irish Johnny. I've known him like twenty years. I know he's Irish. If you only speaks to him, it's crystal clear. Johnny is still Irish. But to me, Johnny, when we were single, we were.
Speaker 2: In a I think the kids used to call it disco thecky.
Speaker 4: While swing in London, and he when he was drunk, he used to do the splits.
Speaker 2: But as he got older, you can't be doing that. And then that was the last time.
Speaker 4: Irish Johnny did the splits on the dead floor, on the dance floor. And you know, when someone's painstry away, it's terrible. Your first reaction is.
Speaker 2: To laugh, uncontrol of me. I have no regret to this day, Iris Johnny. And he was screaming.
Speaker 4: I just thought he's mucking around, or he'd bashed his balls or something like that, you know, But no.
Speaker 2: Johnny, Irish Johnny could actually get up. He had actually had surgery on his back. He done it so bad and he tore his ars.
Speaker 4: He actually tore one of his glute muscles. He had to get an ambulance. And it is awful. You've ever been in a nightclub where they turn the lights.
Speaker 3: On, music off in a nightclub is the weirdest environment you've ever been.
Speaker 4: People who were about to get it on together when they see the old light.
Speaker 2: You're not six or nine.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Jack Post is living on a prayer. He's not sitting down, He's pacing up and down. Many of you will relate to this. He has really hurt his back.
Speaker 2: Doing dead lifts in the gym, not concentrating and not looking after.
Speaker 4: His back or his form. And you've you've really, you've really knacked your back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's in pain, and I've got to keep moving around because if I sit down, the longer I stay still, the more it hurts. When I start moving again.
Speaker 4: And you can't relax because you literally feel like your brace the whole time, but you don't even breathe in and out properly.
Speaker 3: It's probably a good core workout because I'm trying to keep my ebbs on to just keep my body.
Speaker 4: Stop myself falling apart. So I mean one to now this morning, where did you knacker your back?
Speaker 2: Mick? Good morning morning.
Speaker 14: I knackered my back. Brendanavid brushing my teeth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am about doing this where people can be anything. It's just instant. So what does that You didn't have any pain?
Speaker 14: Before that, Oh, I had a bit of a saw back, but nothing. Ended up been in hospital for twelve days with spinal surgery twice.
Speaker 2: Bloodie how I don't think you'll give much hope to Jackie Boy.
Speaker 3: I definitely don't want to go into surgery after watching Doctor Death this year.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, at one stage had to remove me to road Sorry, what for one of the spinal surgeries they had to remove me?
Speaker 2: Throw They got Patrick swayzean from Roadhouse. What do you need to remove your throat? Why?
Speaker 3: Because the toothbrush.
Speaker 14: I had a disc in me neck that was pushing on my spinal cord and if I touched my spinal cord I was going to be paralyzed from the neck down.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't know.
Speaker 4: Right, It's amazing what these people can do. Is I don't know you can remove someone's throat for a bit.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they had the voice box hanging out on the right hand side and the rest of the throat hanging out on the left hand.
Speaker 2: It sounds like they've got like your throat on, like you know, the garage was jacked up on something. They just moved there.
Speaker 3: It'll be a couple of weeks before you can get you a new one in mate.
Speaker 2: We're just waiting powerful Germany.
Speaker 14: Ended up having a halo screwed to my head.
Speaker 3: Wow, how are you all right?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 14: It's get a bit of a saw back now, but otherwise it's all okay.
Speaker 4: I'm still curious about how do you just move someone's throat and put it aside, like on the table next to you while you were sleep or anyway, I don't actually want to know about. I'm squeaming shabby see Mick, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: She called, what's that?
Speaker 14: You should have heard me voice when after they took me thrown out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I bet all right, Mick, thank you, bet mix, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: She call, he's too casual about that. Yeah, it's way too casual.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm starting to get in sweatsu right, and I know she's You're sweating this one as well with the pain.
Speaker 2: Connor, Good morning, mining guys.
Speaker 15: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm going? Connor? So, how did you knack your back? Connor?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 15: I knacked my back on the weekend just gone. We were down at Phillip Island at a motorsport event. I was racing two cars HU and I XL in the XL series and a Formula V, which is like a miniature F one car powered by a boxe Can motor.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 15: And we just completed the final race of the day. I pulled back into the pits, went to get out of the formula and I tripped.
Speaker 2: And knack at your back and.
Speaker 15: I seld face first, knack in my back and bruised both my legs. I've got a bruise on the inside of my right side about the size of the basketball.
Speaker 2: That's good. So you've just raced. I'm guessing how fast will you drive around the racetrack Connor?
Speaker 15: It varies from about faster speeds about one hundred and twenty kilometers now, well in the Formula.
Speaker 2: D yeah, and then you get out the car. It's not in the car.
Speaker 4: You knack yourself getting out the car when you're saved technically, and that's where you knack your back.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 15: So don't we last at all weekend with no incidents whatsoever? No damage, no accidents. And it wasn't until I got back into the pit area that I had my first tax then tripping out of the car.
Speaker 2: Amazing stuff. So kind of is this your hobby or you pro or what's the deal?
Speaker 15: Hobby?
Speaker 2: It's some extreme hobby do that on the weekend. But it's great fun.
Speaker 16: Though it is.
Speaker 15: It's good fun. I love this relevant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Connor, thank you very much to give us a call.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Ask you this morning where did you nack your back? The reason why Jackie Boy has done is yesterday in the gym. Bad place to be injured for a guy, fair, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I was on my back like a beetle or a turtle turned over.
Speaker 2: You shall never go back to that gym.
Speaker 3: I have to.
Speaker 4: And you have to understand. You need to let Frank go now. He cannot be associate with you. Frank, I get it. It's the bro cone. He's going to have to let you go. He's going to cut the rope. He's going to let you go. No, give you the money back.
Speaker 2: The other guys there that saw it, they won't want the juzhu there.
Speaker 4: So every man fears happens to prostate on the ground unable to get up.
Speaker 3: Oh, I have to wear the skies next time.
Speaker 4: All right, So this morning, where did you knack You're back? Nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 2: By the way, and obviously when the show's going on. You're busy. You hear the odd phrase or word two of you have emailed me. They're thinking that I'm saying, where did you injure back?
Speaker 4: I want the details of which spine I'm not interested in now four and L five Right, I'm not training to be a back seecialist right now.
Speaker 2: It's trying to get some patients. I mean where situation in the world, yes, location, where were you? Not where on your back? But thank you for the emails anyway, it's nice to have that on file. Jade, good morning, morning, seeing how you go. I'm good, Jade, So where did you not get your back?
Speaker 17: I was skateboarding at a local skate park, which is something I do fairly often, and as I was calling down, I felt this all this warmth sensation across my back, and I knew I'd done something bad, but I thought I just maybe pulled a muscle. So I started doing all of these stretchers, thinking that I would just be able to stretch it out. It got worse and worse, and we ended up going to a local massage later the shopping center, and I thought that that was going to work it out. So my family went off and did their shopping. I laid down on his table. I was literally in my underwear, face down and all my longings were on the floor. And as they finished the message, I thought it was okay and I went to get up.
Speaker 18: And I couldn't move. You just locked out, don't you completely locked up? But the pain that was shooting down my legs was so bad. I was in tears and my phone was probably about, you know, just a couple of inches out of reaching.
Speaker 2: It's like some of those movies sore or hostile.
Speaker 17: Family that we're not shopping for thirty minutes by themselves. And I laid there, not able to move in mind a way.
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 17: I couldn't do anything.
Speaker 2: I actually I got the image of them and there are little people that work there, because there always a little people, aren't there work there? Just rolling you out into the streets. Yeah, I can't see the language all right, Jake, Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: She called Christian know Connell's show podcast, thank.
Speaker 4: You very much your messages asking yes to mother in law dead Land yesterday from the UK, She's quarantine for the next seventy two hours, insigne the Melbourne Star Waiver her as you see her today, she'd be able there for the next seventy two hours.
Speaker 2: With all the other people that now have to go back into quarantine.
Speaker 3: You pass her food and drink as she does a lap around the bottom.
Speaker 2: She loves it.
Speaker 4: It's like beautiful sunny day. Email be going around and around and around. Patsy, Please share the story of the toilet situation in the house.
Speaker 6: Oh, we've had another toilet situation. You remember the story I told a little while back where you.
Speaker 3: Had to dig up the whole back end.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 4: Literally, this is like something out of the soon. Wow, Homer has dropped such a big one. It requires you to get a.
Speaker 3: Digger back there.
Speaker 6: We had to because the digger wouldn't fit down the side of the house because it's a small sort of just a little gateway opening. The next door neighbor had to pull his fence down to get the digger access for Patsy.
Speaker 4: Susman take a dump. He has to do this every time. Sorry, it's a really big one. What are you talking? Fence down? Yeah, and leave it down for the weekend.
Speaker 6: Well, we've had another incident the weekend, so we had a simpler blockage, only this time it was in the on Sweet toilet. But our house can do a thing where when this happens, sometimes if you go to the other toilet, the second toilet and flush it, because the systems are obviously connected, it can like get rid of the blockage, if you know what I mean. So if you flush the other toilet, if the other one's sort of floating up to the time, so hang.
Speaker 4: On, you mean you're getting rid of your business A one toilet and it goes down and then sideways then pops up in another toilet.
Speaker 6: Well no, no, no, it doesn't pop up. I think it must be on the same drainage system. So if it gets a blockage in the on sweet toilet, which happened at the weekend, and it just kept like it would not go down because the love God used too much paper, if you go flush the other one, it'll go like like that.
Speaker 3: All right. So it's like nuclear keys where you have to turn them at the same time, like flush and flush your toilets at the same time.
Speaker 2: Ye never heard, Yes, I've never heard of a house need to do that.
Speaker 18: What.
Speaker 6: I don't think that's right. I don't think it should do that, but it does.
Speaker 2: It's not in public toilets. You have to go.
Speaker 4: Is anyone in the other one, Let's start the countdown sequence. I might fie flush and we have a problem.
Speaker 6: It's usually Audrey's job, so we'll call out to her. Can you go flush?
Speaker 2: You don't get the bloody with that kind of stuff affair when there's a jobby in there. Keep it to yourself in the street, into.
Speaker 3: The toilet, you know your job.
Speaker 2: Let's get the hammer the food mallet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that can't be right. There's somehow they must be on the same system or something. So that's our weird thing in our house.
Speaker 2: Did Chris do your plumbing or something? I've never owned a house doing that.
Speaker 4: Some homes do have their own weird kind of workings that aren't actually workings, like the countdown sequence and pattern. Her husband and daughter have to get involved in doing what does your house do?
Speaker 2: Anythink?
Speaker 4: Where do unusually that your house has done or that you've lived somewhere that's weird and you have to try and do a make around.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, this morning, your house does?
Speaker 18: What?
Speaker 2: Okay? Nicole, Hi, Hi.
Speaker 13: Christian Pats and Jack Well Pats, I've got the same problem as you, and how I figured out how to deal with it was getting the garden hose from outside and weaving it through the house and putting it down the on sweet toilet. To push it out through to the septic.
Speaker 3: You have to spray you jet spray it down.
Speaker 4: Is a lot of effort to go to every time you've done a number two, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Get Have you got guests? Bring your own home one pudding. I'll get it there from the freezer like a fireman. Nicole. That is incredible.
Speaker 17: Yeah, that's the way.
Speaker 12: We deal with it.
Speaker 13: That's how it rolls in my house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it. Go get the hosts. Okay, okay, all right, Nicole, very good. Cool. We send your price. Thank you very much. By H. Matt. Good morning, Hello, How are you going?
Speaker 16: Guys?
Speaker 2: We're good. Welcome to the show man. What does your house do?
Speaker 19: So?
Speaker 20: When I was a teenager, my father and a builder made it his decided to put a ceiling fan in our land room. So we had, you know, no power most of the day while they got up and braced the roof and put the ceiling fan up. And when they finished, they turned the power back on and his dad went over to the new switch for the fan and turned the switch, and the doorbell went and the fan didn't move. So we went outside the giggles and pushed the doorbell. And when you push the doorbell, the.
Speaker 19: Fans fung Man.
Speaker 20: To this day, still there one of the funniest discussions.
Speaker 2: That come up.
Speaker 3: I guess you still know when people are your front door because your delivery.
Speaker 2: Yes, Matt, that is a great one. Thank you very much. You cal have a good day.
Speaker 20: I have a great day.
Speaker 2: By Glenn. Good morning, Gwen.
Speaker 19: Gooday, guys here you going first on long time.
Speaker 2: Oh bless you Glenn. So your house does.
Speaker 19: What So they have teav in our land room every morning at once between three and four am and once between four and five am. The sound comes in. It doesn't switch on, just we get this blurbal noise. I don't know if it's aliens or what it is, but for about ten or fifteen seconds that.
Speaker 2: Is terrifle's like a horror What do you mean that's ghost in the news. That is that's what goes to you know times a frightened channel ten ghosts.
Speaker 19: So every night we just tend to save a m before we go to bed and see if we don't hear it, if we forget, we're sure enough. Next morning we get two called.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Jesus help me that that's happening there and just for ten seconds.
Speaker 19: Yeah, if I told he sort of white cabin him, then you can't recognize the language room and then you run it the land roam.
Speaker 16: And it's gone, say, pretty weird.
Speaker 2: All right, Glenn, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: How is the Pain?
Speaker 3: Our boss Sue has brought me in a heat pack and it feels incredible.
Speaker 4: Straight from one of her cats. That smell it probably have cat pee on it. It's lovely.
Speaker 2: We had to do that.
Speaker 4: She'd last her back at nine Rady. Bosses only care about your health between six and nine. Basically the longer you do breakfast show years, it's like I'll end up like Mickey Wrought the wrestler with various things being taped up before the show. Shallow myself and just keep wrestling in the ring. All right, So your house does what? We're hearing some amazing stories today about what your homes do.
Speaker 2: Mike, Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 10: How are you.
Speaker 8: I'm good, Mike, So your house does what Well, it's a self inflicted problem that I've got.
Speaker 10: I installed Google Home through the whole, the whole of my house, and it's amazing. You can say Google, turn this on, Google, turn that off. Google, do this, Google do that. And for a friend's birthday, I bought him some Google stuff and went over there one weekend and installed the Google Google Home on his in his house and it was great for that sort of couple of days. And then back home for the next next week and I'm asking my place, said turn this on, turn it off, do this, do that, and nothing was happening. And I was just constantly repeating, turn this on, turn it off, and nothing was. It was working, but not really. The next weekend catch up with my friends, he goes, Oh my god, he said, He said, I think my I think my friend who died recently has come back to haunt me because the whole week things I've been turning on and turning off. And I said, oh, yes, but I think it might have been me. So yeah, So you know, if your name a kitchen a kitchen or a bathroom and bathroom, it's the same in both places. And yeah, the whole week I was turning his things on and off, and he was freaking out. These dead friends had come back to that.
Speaker 2: That's insane. I didn't know you could accidentally do that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well it's because I kind of yeah, I thought I took the cheeksway and linked that with my Google so it seemed to be easier and call it two separate households, but it actually yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Wanted your light on.
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, yeah, late night love lights on.
Speaker 10: What it was like, it was like, it's like, hey, Google turned the bedroom mark he's laying a sleep and his placehold from the light side.
Speaker 2: They do Google Mates, you show your mates properties.
Speaker 10: Yeah. If I knew I was doing it would have been fun.
Speaker 2: But it was like, hey, tell me this right once it once you've got it all set up. Is that stuff good?
Speaker 10: No, it's absolutely crap, because it's like, you know, you asked Siri to type something or Siria to say something, and then Syria just gets it wrong. It's like, you know, hey, hey, Google turned the bathroom on. Sorry a condition not available at the moment. It's like hanging not not the air conditioner the bedroom. And then I've got Syria and Google. So Google and Siri, both argue with each other. Nightmare and you get friends that come over. And so how do you turn the bathroom on?
Speaker 2: Google?
Speaker 10: To turn it on, it's like to use the freaking switches.
Speaker 2: Forget it go old school.
Speaker 10: Old school is so much better.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, Mike, thank you very much, very well told. We'll send your prize.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: I don't know what kind of time wasted we're going to get you. Jackie Boy wears Munchinese paint kingers at the moment.
Speaker 3: The anti inflammatory.
Speaker 4: He's also got the rice pack shoved.
Speaker 2: In the back of his jeans like a NFL linebacker. You know what they're going for. And they're playing in the Super Bowl. They have that towel there.
Speaker 3: The heatpack's doing one.
Speaker 2: Day, dude, they really do hell all right.
Speaker 4: So I was catching up with a fellow dad over the weekend and he was telling me about his daughter. The poor thing had an appendicitist and she had to be rushed to hospital and they had to operate straight away and almost sort of chaos and fear, and he jumped in the ambulance with her. And when they got to the hospital, she's obviously been undressed and she's sort of eighteen now, and he saw that she had a hidden tattoo that.
Speaker 2: They've never seen before. Right, obviously been trying to hide from my dad. And he said to me it wasn't just it wasn't a completed tattoo, it was a half done one that obviously a friend. Anyway, she gets put into a general aesthetic that they take the appendicidence out to deal with it. But about anyway, she's coming round and like a true dad, she sort of, oh god, this goes got a tattoo.
Speaker 3: I see these.
Speaker 2: Of course, I'm so sorry. I was hoping you guys would never see.
Speaker 4: So this morning, I want to know what did you try to hide from your parents? Sometimes you can hide itself from your parents for years and years and it just comes out one day. We asked this on our Facebook and social media pages. There're some great ones here, Christian. I got my belly button pissed when I was sixteen. My mum only found out three years ago when I was twenty five. Round over Christmas, I went to get something from a top cupboard. My top rose up as my arms did, and she went berserk, even though I'm twenty five Christian. My sister and I opened up a bottle of Vats sixteen I whiskey when we're young, had a little bit of it, didn't like it, then topped it back up with water. A few years later, mom my dad gave it away to a friend for his fortieth I think about this every day. That is amazing.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'commel show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Paul, morning, how you go? I'm good? Paul and Paul. What do you try to hide from mom and dad? Ah?
Speaker 21: When I was younger, robbery around sixteen fifteen, I got it Pitt Tarantela and he grew to a lake probably a foot long. So my parents I didn't know about this. I had it hid in the room, so.
Speaker 16: My room was pretty messy the whole time, so I didn't.
Speaker 4: Was this back home an island that you got petulent? But did you get an island?
Speaker 16: Did I got in Ireland?
Speaker 2: Where the hell did you get on an island? Here? I all kinds of deadly spiders when you're not a guy in something.
Speaker 21: No, No, it was not actually at the pet store. It was actually an attraction to for for pet owners and all this.
Speaker 16: So I just I just bought it. I mean, it didn't even cost that much. They're like, what, what what a treat?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 16: I just I just I just treated like a pet and I just took it out.
Speaker 21: I let it crawl along with my hands and I'm the back and all this. But when my mother found out, she went nuts, went nuts. She went to the back garden and I said, no, no, come on, I was, this is my pet, a me rare.
Speaker 4: Okay, gotcha, Paul, thank you very much and cool, let's go to Callum.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Callum, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 16: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Cadam. So what if you try to hide from mom and dad?
Speaker 22: Okay? When I was seven years old, we lived in Scotland, and as you know, you get the option of having school dinners at lunchtime, and they always had these mass produced scrambled eggs which always looked watery and rubbery and just yacked. So I decided, as a seven year old, that I would tell a lie and told the cook that I was allergic to the eggs, so I couldn't have eggs, so I could get the good stuff. And anyway, the teacher asked me to get a note from my parents, which I went home as a seven year old and wrote out myself. It took me a while to forge mom and Dad's signatures with the old pen eraser and ripping through the paper, but I got there, so it was very convenet letter. The letter was then sent to the principal. The principal then sent a letter home wanting to speak to my parents, and I thought, no, I'm not doing that, so I hid it in a toy box underneath the staircase and it was found two years later when we immigrated to Australia.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. So you've got away with it for two years. Yeah, that's pretty skills for a seven year old boy.
Speaker 22: Seems to have progressed a little bit since the Christian let me do.
Speaker 8: But it does make you sound like a comn.
Speaker 4: If you saw the forgeries I'm doing that, I can fake John Andrews.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't get into any boarder.
Speaker 22: So still produce that letter is still produced today to my kids when I am trying to reprimand them for anything. Yeah, Mum and Dad still bring it out.
Speaker 2: The old scrambled egg situation.
Speaker 22: Yeah yeah, scrabbled.
Speaker 2: All right, Cadam, thank you very much. You give us a call. You have a good day, buddy to cheer all right? What do you try to hide from mom and dad? Did the earlier call to swear?
Speaker 3: No, No, I wasn't sure the Irish, Yeah it was.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the question, you know, Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: What do you try to hide from your parents? We've got a young nine year old Bailey on the line now live from a school run.
Speaker 2: Good morning Bailey. Hello you in the car heading to school.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 23: So when I was a kid, or.
Speaker 18: I still.
Speaker 2: Growing up now at nine days trying to leave home, I was out.
Speaker 23: Sick and then we're out in a Gamby camping at in a Gambi for a couple of days. My parents were out riding their jet ski. And then I was just sitting at the beach watching my dad's phone. And then I was thinking, I really like Elk and John. I might just what Tony actually to look?
Speaker 2: What a treat yourself? Bailey on the old man's phone.
Speaker 23: And then I thought this rocketman Elks and John costumes for are like two hundred and twenty four dollars.
Speaker 4: I have to I can afford that jet ski. Why can't Bailey have a bit of the action.
Speaker 10: Huh, So I bought it.
Speaker 5: I bought it.
Speaker 23: So then when my parents got back from jetsing on, I just had my hands shaking, like no one tell So my cousin was there with us, and of course he told bloody cousin. Yeah, so then he has to cancel the order, and I just yeah, I was in.
Speaker 10: Trouble, A lot of trouble, A lot of trouble.
Speaker 4: That jet skill on the trailer right now, drop you off at school. Those jet skis what's actually done, Alf and thank you on those things. Hey, Bailey, tell you what you should when you're a little bit older. I know you've grown up right now at nine, but you should be a stand up comedian.
Speaker 2: Very very funny storyteller. Bailey, a right.
Speaker 4: Spe Christian that long to realize to see my future replacement, I've met him at nine.
Speaker 2: Baiby, thank you very much for giving us a call. Okay, yeah, he's done with this now, it's all over the Bailey.
Speaker 4: He's Pete at nine, he's all grown up when he was younger at six.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Time for a couple more stories for the news. Billy, Good Morning, Billy, Good morning, guys. How are you.
Speaker 4: We're good, Billy, Welcome to the show. So hiding staff from Mum and dad?
Speaker 2: What's your story?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 12: So when I was back, I really wanted this lego. Harry Potter set to get some sympathy from Mum. I told her I'd been mugged so on the way home, on the way home from school, so I thought that was the best way to get to get the lego. Next minute, we're in the car driving around the streets of our suburb looking out for this kid who supposedly mugged me, And.
Speaker 16: Every time.
Speaker 2: M's got a big old knuckle duster. Wasn't him?
Speaker 10: No, not him?
Speaker 12: And then I go to school the next day and I get called into the principal's office and he's like, was it anyone from this school? Was it anyone from any of the schools you play sport against? And I was like, no, I didn't recognize him.
Speaker 3: I think he was leading town forever. At the end of the mugging, he got took off.
Speaker 12: And I'm twenty six now and I still haven't told her.
Speaker 2: I thought, you're saying you're twenty six. Still wait for that. Harry put a lego.
Speaker 12: No, no, I got the lego. It was a floorless, flawless execution.
Speaker 4: Do you know anytime the boss next mons about the start of the radio show we work jacking Owen mun and the.
Speaker 3: Way I think you'll drive us around Richmond looking for the.
Speaker 2: Betty. That's a great call. We'll send you a price o caase.
Speaker 12: Oh thanks girls birth.
Speaker 2: Michelle, good morning, Michelle.
Speaker 24: Hey Christian. When I was a kid, I had I was the youngest of four. We were playing ball inside and I was the last one hitting the ball and I break my mum's prize bars and they said, oh, you're dead, You're dead. So I scooped it up, hit it under my bed in a box for six years before my mum discovered it over.
Speaker 4: My mind before going to seat. You must worry about the day that would all come out.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 24: My parents were not allowed in my room.
Speaker 10: It was to boo.
Speaker 24: They wouldn't And my mom had been threatening me if you don't clean that bloody room up, And so while I was at school six years later, she had had enough and she went in to clean it up. And that's how I got caught.
Speaker 3: Where did she think the VARs was? While it was under there for six years.
Speaker 2: I think you've got four kids. As long as there's four kids around, ours count and stuff like that, they're not worrying about it's dealing with four kids.
Speaker 23: Well, we always we.
Speaker 24: Always have people. I rejoiced, you know, I think someone had knocked it off. But it wasn't even a nice You're right.
Speaker 4: Whenever you did something like that, your brothers and sisters go, that's it.
Speaker 2: You're dead.
Speaker 13: The youngest.
Speaker 24: Yes, any do you know?
Speaker 2: I reckon.
Speaker 4: We could fill a whole show just about vases and kids breaking them. It's the phrase before it playing indoors.
Speaker 3: The number one thing you heard is kids with no balls in the no.
Speaker 4: Ball games inside kids, you know the rules. Michelle will send you a Brice as well. We've got some chemistry warehouse on hundred and fifty dollars ouchers. We'll send you one of those.
Speaker 2: Well done.
Speaker 24: Oh, thank you very much. That's lovely, that's great.
Speaker 2: Sorry, love that look.
Speaker 7: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today, then on International Wine Week, we're looking for your wine bands. Producer Tom just said he'd find some wine music for us.
Speaker 2: He's from New Zealand, is he?
Speaker 4: This is the sound when a wine model opens up, no bottler I've ever gone to get My wife's got this playing in there.
Speaker 2: They normally got gold.
Speaker 3: On only the pushes of people.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, you have going to be a lord, a lords dignitary with some feel shortages.
Speaker 4: In the UK, Prince Charles from much a man of the people as all that his Aston Martin that mummy got in for his twenty first We all know that story.
Speaker 2: Traditional thing, isn't it.
Speaker 4: You'll get getting a aston anti car in twenty first anyway, Good old Charlie boy, he's converted it now.
Speaker 2: It's very relatable story. This It runs on red wine and cheese. Whi'st the rest of everything scrabbling around the streets right now in a post brexit arm again, boy, he's stopping his car up with rare wine.
Speaker 3: You can't get really further detached from no.
Speaker 2: Wonder barbade us. Some sacked his mum. We don't want that, some of yours?
Speaker 4: All right, So today wine bands, I know some of you probably just tuned you thinking it's this wine FM, this music. All right, wine bands. Let's imagine there's a festival wine fest. Oh it's a double act up first, Yeah, yeah, that's right, Sonny and.
Speaker 3: Er As Silver.
Speaker 2: Nick Carver and the Bad Seeds, A little bit of bubbly Nick Carver, Nick Cave, Nick Carver, the drugs Bronze.
Speaker 3: I don't know what Nick Carver is.
Speaker 2: Well, Nick k I know Nick Carver is a cheaper champagne.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, never go to the bottom of the barrel for champagne.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go. We got our own, Brits Charles on the show House White Snake.
Speaker 4: I'll have the House White Snakes plus vine inch Nails, gold Men at.
Speaker 3: Cork silver plus.
Speaker 2: And Pino Doubts p No Doubts silver plus. All Right, what have you got? Wine bands?
Speaker 3: Wine bands? Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good. That's gold.
Speaker 3: The Grapeful Dead do much for that?
Speaker 2: Have you got mugged during the news?
Speaker 3: Grapes are a very important part of wine.
Speaker 4: Goon goon dolls, goon goon dolls, goats.
Speaker 3: And blank one eight two.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's good too, very good.
Speaker 4: Actually, there's a good once there in the old drug Hayes with the painkillers.
Speaker 7: Christian Connells Show podcast Wine Bands.
Speaker 2: We producer. This is the sound of wine. All right, wine bands for wine? First, are you ready to mark in your painted Hays, I'm ready, Smacky Jackie.
Speaker 4: Goons and Roses, Clever gold, the Clinks gold, that's very good, Kevin.
Speaker 3: Moey Crew, Motley Crue silver plus.
Speaker 4: Melottica gold, Matthew shutting out to Papa Roach silver, Barrel Manilow took.
Speaker 2: Roberget that one.
Speaker 4: I love that symbol, very good, shoving death Cab Sam for Qt silver that is on the nose, Mark.
Speaker 2: Darf Pino noir silver, Neil.
Speaker 3: This one is a bit young gold.
Speaker 2: That's a really good that one. Ve Haylen Bronze guns and rose.
Speaker 14: Hey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, combine it with the first one.
Speaker 2: Yes, I call it the old double up on a Tuesday. Boys to my.
Speaker 3: Low silver.
Speaker 4: Pen folds, Fi Gold, Fancy Beastie, Bordeaux silver, Arietor Smith.
Speaker 3: I don't get it, Aerosmith, I'm getting it. Silvere, He's done.
Speaker 2: Well, everyone to make it this far. He's fading Zezy screw top silver, all right, Jackie boy, who's getting he hates chocolate hampers.
Speaker 3: Well, there were some great ones there. Well they're just when Beryl Manilow.
Speaker 4: Barrel Manilo, Okay, thank you very much for everyone who's showing Jackson concern about his back as he heads off some suggestions that have come in from our social media page.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, a lot of people have nac. My grandma used to make a cup of tea with a bit of vodka in it.
Speaker 4: Basically old timey parents used to add alcohol to any childhood at Alman hot water bottle, two panandorla shot tequina.
Speaker 3: Okay, more of the alcoholic like a chaser with a cup with a short voker and it sounds like something in school.
Speaker 2: And I have this final one as well. Acceptance. You are in acony. We're back tomorrow morning. Thanks for listening, Thanks all the calls.
Speaker 7: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast