Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 1: I've been reading the book Stolen Focus. Have you read it? It was given to us by our exbos and it's fantastic if you want to learn about how to get your attention spanned back. I say this sort of say while I'm going on a tangent that I was on TikTok and a credit called gay lieta g A E l A I t o R put up a TikTok about the sixth stage of grieving relationship. Please play the tape.
Speaker 2: Mikaylas So, has anyone else ever gone through the Reddit stage of healing? Because I feel like we should include it in the five stages of grief, Like you know that stage where you're like searching up questions and then adding Reddit to the end of it to find other people that have gone through the same thing as you because you're just so like, what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 1: Facts? I need to know? FLEXI, have you ever post breakup, post friendship, breakdown, post work scenario that didn't go well? Have you gone on Reddit? Because I have, for example one of my relationships. Sometimes when I'm in a relationship. I get a thing that I found out and whether or not this is true, I'm not sure. Is called RCD. So as we know, I've spoken about my previous life as an OCD kind of girly, and there's a thing called relationship OCD, which is where you second guess everything about the relationship and the other.
Speaker 3: Person as it's happening, or in retrospect.
Speaker 1: As it's happening. So you're like, oh my god, should we be together?
Speaker 2: Is this right?
Speaker 3: Is this wrong?
Speaker 1: Are they the right person? What about this? And like you just doubt everything, And that's like a core tenant of OCD for some people, is this doubting of self. So what I did was I was like, I can't find answers. Nobody understands that I'm trying to talk to them about. They're like, well, maybe you're just not that into them. I'm like, no, it's a separate issue. So I reddited it and found out there's a whole thread on Reddit dedicated to people with r OCD sharing means sharing experiences, and I was like, wow, this is what I needed to help my own mind. And I agree with this person. You go to Reddit and you're searching up this happening relationship go and Reddit people are just so wise there. It's like no other place on the Internet. I learn actually important things from Reddit. So I agree we should create the sixth stage of grieving, which includes redditing things.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I like Reddit because it's social learning. It's like the learning that happens when you're actually engaging with people, not from an expert level but a lived experience, which is sick because sometimes when you're reading like an academic paper on whatever heartbreak grief, you're like, Okay, this is great and helpful if I was a robot. But I'm a real person with a very unique problem. Need someone with a very similar, real unique experience to weigh in. But I don't do post relationship Reddit. I do initial stages Reddit. I'll be like can and avoid it and an avoidant date? Wow, I want to know Uphand I'm like, what's it like being an areas woman? Reddit? I say, what are the other five stages?
Speaker 1: Like deny your happiness, sadness.
Speaker 3: Anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. If I not grieved in my life, I didn't know that Reddit had a bad rap.
Speaker 1: They did it ever have a bad rap? Oh?
Speaker 3: It does who said, here's the thing. When you date reddit brows and then you're friends people who don't get reddit brows, and then you hear what people who aren't reddit brows think about reddit brows, you realize it's a very scary place.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: On TikTok they talk about hetero TikTok especially they talk about the categories of men who probably traum tize women, matts, guys with jay names. Yeah, yeah, Reddit bros, virgos, pisces. That's what I'm talking about. There's a very specific archetype. My experience with the reddit brow defaulting to strangers on Reddit and not using his own brain for individual issues. It's a slippery slope because it's not just Reddit. People do it all the time on the Internet with most things where they're waiting for the common opinion. But I think the good thing about just say like Google is you're getting like an aggregation of the Internet.
Speaker 1: Reddit is disagree one guys, disagree. Google is all full of people with ads and media companies. Reddit is the individual.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying. But when you Google, you're getting thousands of articles, Yeah, but they're not Reddit. You're getting one person.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But when it's on Google and you're reading articles. These people are getting paid to write verbiage. However, on Reddit.
Speaker 3: Have you been on Google scholar in your time?
Speaker 1: Babe?
Speaker 3: Have you been into a therapist's website? You're thinking like paid news media, Guardian the Aide, even if you went to the thought catalog psychology. Today there are websites with an aggregation of heaps of information, whereas things like Reddit you keep going down into rabbit holes and rabbit holes and rabbit holes, and there's no way to measure and discern what's worth listening to. It's just the more emotional you get, like, and you find something that matches the answer you want, you cling to it so tightly.
Speaker 1: I want to write a directory of the most mentally ill websites to go on. How mentally are you you? Depending on mentally ill you were meant like, if you go on these websites, here's the degree of mental ill you are. For example, Reddit, Yeah, they're cemental illness happening guys. Oh yeah, all right, and you're like in the stage where your mental illness has made you a kind person. Cora, I love my mentor girlies more of the girl really type of things a bit of an older demographic. No, I read he a thirteen year old. You gotta say I'm over thirteen. That's a real indicator. Does he like me? Cora is the one for that. God it catalog is when you are.
Speaker 3: I use Cora to figure out what my philosophy quotes mean.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool, I used for other reasons, and then finally does he like me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Period?
Speaker 1: You remember that era?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a couple of weeks ago. Literally last.
Speaker 1: We need to one day pour it out for that man? Really have me thrown for loop?
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.