Speaker 1: It's the pickup Monday of a britt Laura and Mitch. Here.
Speaker 2: Thanks to Chemist Warehouse, they want to give you a free doctor's consult. Download the Instant Consult app today save the coupon code cee W free to claim your first consult free go see the doctor on us.
Speaker 3: Laura, Yeah, okay, Well, you guys know I'm in a loving and beautiful relationship with my wonderful husband, Mattie Jay.
Speaker 1: You keeps knowing us that.
Speaker 4: You drive at home a bit too much. It makes me wonder No, no, no, it's great.
Speaker 3: We are great.
Speaker 1: Everything is great.
Speaker 4: It really is great.
Speaker 3: But I pride myself on being someone who is very independent in my relationship. I've always kind of had the attitude of like, I don't need a man, even though sometimes.
Speaker 4: Haven't you had the opposite I need a man.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I'm really self sufficient. I can change a car tire. I do like to kind of put it out there that I'm independent and I love being in a relationship with matt but I don't need him.
Speaker 1: Ye turns out I need him more than a thought.
Speaker 3: So the other day I went to pick the kids up from daycare and I had to drive, so Matt's. We've got different cars because we work at different ends of the city. He often takes the kids to daycare, and very very rarely do I drive his car. I hate it. The brakes are very touchy, and it's just not a car that I enjoyed driving. But he had both the car seats in it, so I had to swap and use his car. So I went and picked the kids up from daycare, and I parked on a really, really really steep hill and I was about a meter from the car in front, and I went and I got the kids. I got them in the car, and here I am and I was like, cool, we'll reverse out of this car park and then we'll be on our way. I put the car into reverse and it starts to roll down the hill. So I quickly slammed the brakes on, and I was like, I could do that again. And the kids are in the back they're already getting antsy, and I put into reverse and then it rolled down the hill again.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: This happened three times until the car was pretty much kissing the car in front on this really steep hill. There was no more room for error. So I am now in the car kids is screaming, I've got my foot on the brake and I can't even take my foot off the break.
Speaker 4: But Laura, couldn't you just put the handbrake on.
Speaker 3: No, because it's the automatic handbrake, so it always rolls a tiny how it just rolls a little bit, like.
Speaker 4: You were close enough that it couldn't roll a centimeter. I'm talking this close.
Speaker 3: I was like, if this rolls at all, I am rolling straight into the back of a Lexic Alexi.
Speaker 1: Why did you not just put it in drive and I will go forward?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Because I was too close for it. The hill is so steep at the daycare that if I put it forward.
Speaker 1: I would have just got one.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's just so stressful.
Speaker 4: Anyway, you're not putting it in reverse. I don't understand.
Speaker 3: I had to reverse up the hill a little bit to be able to get out of the car path.
Speaker 4: Yes, but was it not going into reverses?
Speaker 3: I just obviously hadn't read it hard enough for it to actually reverse.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what happened?
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, I'm already stressed by this story. So I told Matt, I've got my foot on the break. He's trying to talk me through what to do, and I was like, I can't. I physically can't. If I take my foot off the brake, it's going to roll. And I'm crying and he's like what he says, what are you doing? He's like, I just put it into reverse.
Speaker 4: I can't put it into reverse ahead the car.
Speaker 1: I made Matt drive from our house.
Speaker 3: Twenty minutes to the daycare. YEP. He had to get in my car and he drove all the way and I sat there in the car park with my foot on the brake and the kids screaming in the seats.
Speaker 4: I don't understand. Neither did he. Haven't you ever done a reverse?
Speaker 3: Neither did he, Britt.
Speaker 4: So he arrived and the kids were like, Daddy's here to save.
Speaker 2: Us, Oh my god, what do you have to sit there?
Speaker 3: So Matt gets out, he goes and parks my car. He walks over, just like shaking his head.
Speaker 4: How do you switch cars? Though? When you can't?
Speaker 3: Just the brain, so wait for it. I then had to unbuckle myself. I changed feet on the brake, Like I changed feet. I climbed over into the passenger seat so that he could climb in. He put his foot in his break and then we kind of like did this swap. He literally sat there, looked at me, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, you're gonna You're gonna hit the car.
Speaker 3: He just put it in reverse and reversed out. And I will never ever live it down.
Speaker 4: But your car's automatic, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Shut up, Britt, I'm not thinking I get it.
Speaker 4: I get it if it's a hill start in a manual where you've got to give it more, but it's an auto.
Speaker 3: It was the dumbest moment of my life. I have never been so embarrassed. I physically could not drive his car out at the car park. And he will not let me live it down.
Speaker 4: He has brought it out embarrassment Lauravin.
Speaker 3: He has brought it up every day. And now I feel just I feel really incompetent, and I also feel like I've lost confidence.
Speaker 1: In my tribe. And I feel that about you as well. I just told Australia, so I mean, come.
Speaker 2: On, okay, if I feel like we need to make you feel better, it happens, right, Britt.
Speaker 1: A couple saved the day.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, normal, Please make me feel better if you've done something in your relationship that your partner will never ever ever let you live down and you feel completely inempt.
Speaker 1: Please call into the Pickup and let us know about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirteen one sixty five or right in the pickup dot com dot a u DM is the pickup on socials. We will give the best story five hundred bucks at chemist Warehouse.
Speaker 4: Can I have five hundred bucks?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Need you know what you need? You need a driver's lesson, that's what you need. That's so embarrassing. What h do you reset the driver's test? Is it because it's a gator?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I think we need to do thirty five?
Speaker 3: Oh my kids think I'm useless and they're only four and two.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get out of here. Guys.
Speaker 2: My god, if you missed any of the show today. Oh, we spoke to the lady that he's leading the Taylor Swift Charge in Australia.
Speaker 4: Jennifer Beckett, doctor Jennifer Beckett Swift Posium.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you want to know more about that, you can go and listen to it all the pick Up on our podcast where you can catch up on the whole show.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see you guys tomorrow. Have a good rest of your Monday.
Speaker 3: Over hope no one's reverse driving.
Speaker 4: Bye,