Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart.
Speaker 1: App Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 4: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm thinking about the connection in different countries? Seeing that young kid, Oh Archie Willside Will, didn't.
Speaker 1: Everybody's heart go out to him? What is he? Eighteen? A long way from home?
Speaker 2: Over in Nebraska pre season before it starts his career as as a Punja.
Speaker 1: Isn't he he is? Yeah? Nebraska? Yeah, and the whole state have got their arms around him. There's a press conference.
Speaker 2: He's eighteen, He's from here, He's a long way from home.
Speaker 1: I haven't listened to this Archie Wilson. Is this hero's name?
Speaker 5: Being first time you're away from them? Yeah, that part's hard. I mean, I'm sorry. Yeah, I love it a lot. Yeah, I got two little brothers in a moment, adn't I Yeah, that's the tough part of it being here. I love them a lot and I miss them, but it's I mean, they know this is what's best for me, and let's I can still talk to them plenty of the phone and they're coming here to say the first first few games.
Speaker 2: So I'm not an emotionally articulate eighteen year old in his emotions, you know, be present from them and then talk about what it is and what an amazing family they must all have. And I think it's a lovely, lovely heartwarmer moment. That is such a what brave thing for him and his family to be separate at that It is a long way from here in Australia. But then get this right, Alex as our sports go, you'll get this. I overheard one of the team Tina go.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: My worry now is that some of those Americans are going to pick on him. I'm like, hopefully we're not in that world now. He's in too many eighties American movies, you know, in the locker room, the lad and where's our wee prch and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: We're more than that.
Speaker 2: Well, now what I've seen on the internet is the Internet's got his arms around him.
Speaker 1: He's also from Frankston.
Speaker 6: They're tough and in Frankston.
Speaker 2: Now and now we're seeing now we know why he's left Australia. Did he seek it at a refugee.
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 2: I hope he has a glorious career. What a brave thing to do. Good on him.
Speaker 4: Christian Connor Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I can't stop thinking as a dad about Archie. Yeah, Archie Wilson. You know the clip has gone all over the world. He's from right here in Melbourne. He's homesick in Nebraska. You know, it's pre season there. He's hoping to have a big life out in America as a punter, and he broke down at press conferences and he's homesick.
Speaker 1: I think we should send some letters to him. I love that he would love.
Speaker 2: To get people from Melbourn going, Hey, we're really in awe of your brave view and your character. It takes a lot to do that. Your mum and dad are okay, and they really want you to be happy there. But we're thinking of you and all of Australia and everyone back home in Melbourne's going to be cheering you on. I'm now going to be Alex. Yes, can we have a sport update to see how Melbourne's very own Archie does over the next couple of months.
Speaker 1: Definitely, every step of the way.
Speaker 6: I'd like to send him a care package too, with some like beg you might and Tim and some like Australian movie DVDs like a lippoly Perabs and you know Sunday too far away that the old the.
Speaker 2: Old one of those old ones are why is this old pensioner?
Speaker 1: Is he in a care home?
Speaker 2: You're not going to send some of your word is originally you're seeing some of your hankies.
Speaker 1: And socks, mad Max, something like that. I'm a bit more up to date.
Speaker 6: Just get that Ozzy juice is flowing again for young Archie.
Speaker 3: You know, I really feel for him all right Now the inevitool is yeah, now that has to speak to producer Caitlin here, because you know, ownership is everything.
Speaker 2: Caitlin, what have we got here? Are we calling it now? It's seven fifty seven time of death for caton Dog Week.
Speaker 3: Sounds got a good story, and then maybe we call it after That's.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, let's go to where it's Sam. Hey, Sam, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Thank you. My cat story is about my mum's cat. She saved my mum's life.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, this already sounds like a great story.
Speaker 2: So now, as a cat owner, they don't show a lot of altruism, so what happened, Well.
Speaker 4: My mom had fallen over and she wasn't able to get up, so the cat stayed with her for quite some time until eventually a neighbor, a friend of my mum's, came around to drop something off. Would normally just drop it off and go, but the cat left my mum at this point to come and fetch the neighbor. She came up the hallway and would kept nailing at her and mowing at her, and then turning around and looking back and say, come on, follow me, follow me, until the neighbor went, well, this is really weird. I'll follow the cat and found my mum and was able to help her.
Speaker 1: Oh that is amazing. That is amazing for a cat to actually show.
Speaker 6: That something nice.
Speaker 4: She is an amazing cat.
Speaker 1: All right, Samantha, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's harry enough to give us.
Speaker 1: We asked you to call it our beautiful story. What are you the bounce of throwing someone out to the fire, excit.
Speaker 6: I wasn't sure if she was going to reply back with a thank you.
Speaker 1: I went prematurely, Wow, that's harsh.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Read don't turn on them because you haven't got enough Gold. That's a great story.
Speaker 2: No, that is that is Caitlin. We're calling it now, okay, absolutely, time of Death.
Speaker 4: What is it fifty eight?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right. The name game has coming up next. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast