Speaker 1: Welcome to them Christian No Common Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, So yesterday bet my daughter up from school. She was absolutely exhausted. I think I'm actually going into I think the excitement of it all, you know, can Christmas Day kids will burn out. They collapse in the after and all that excitement and they will just sort of collapse. I had to almost get out the car and just pick her up and just she just flopped into the car and I was doing that normal thing that we've been doing for years.
Speaker 3: How is school today? And they got up this fine.
Speaker 2: It's that they don't want to give any information about what they've been up to.
Speaker 3: First rule of school club. Don't talk about school club went and in school today she said, oh, she's really good. I said, what was the high light? She went, oh, we've got to make something out of Clay.
Speaker 2: Went it's back, baby. You don't get this in homeschooling.
Speaker 3: Clay is back. They're makers out. What are you making?
Speaker 2: They said, oh, well, everyone's going to make something to do with the country that they're from.
Speaker 3: So I said, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: She goes, well, I'm going to make a clay teacup And I went with sorcer. She goes, of course, so you can take the girl out of England. But she's going to paint it in the Union chat and then she's saying that one of her friends is from Holland she's making.
Speaker 3: An ashtray in the shape of a native plant.
Speaker 2: As she checked with the teacher, she went yeah, and the teacher had to go, ah, you know, they didn't want to do so, Calvin, I want to teach.
Speaker 3: They went that, yeah, that.
Speaker 4: Is from that is from Yeah, very creepy. I'm just gonna go and check with legged out and they go, how what do I say? It could be a meme if I get this wrong.
Speaker 5: You didn't want to do a club or a so many.
Speaker 3: Things, a windmill, something from nature.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing yes, it's a natural herb from that country.
Speaker 3: How wonderful. But it made me remind me of the things that we made at school. Do you remember this?
Speaker 2: In that woodwork or metal work or art you had to make something, Patsy, what was.
Speaker 3: It for you.
Speaker 6: I've still got a chopping board I made in year seven woodwork. Still I still use it every day.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: And it's got like a ditch in the middle of it because I've used it so much and we even had Did they call all of them? I can't remember. I remember the smell in the woodwork room of was it the soldering iron that you could put shapes and patterns and you know, put your name Petrina Jones seven on the back of.
Speaker 2: It was like a light clos as I got to handling a lightsaber. That was great fun. I made in metalwork and woodwork, and we had to make our parents say, I mean, I went to quite a rough state school, but they made us make a brass letter opener that main mine basically got something of a prison movie.
Speaker 3: It's more like a ship right protection from the school yard.
Speaker 2: Shaft my way home from the kids, and a wooden letter rack like my parents would want to fire all those builds mounting up that they couldn't afford. So I made a brass letter opener, slash ship and a wooden letter rack.
Speaker 3: What did you make? Yeh?
Speaker 5: Both of yours are way better than mine. I made the very difficult.
Speaker 3: To make, not the paperweight on Father's Day.
Speaker 5: One step up from the paperweight is the pen holder out of clay, which is essentially if you can't do a mug with a handle, do a handleless smug and they can be a penhole.
Speaker 1: Hold up the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Tell us about the things you made at school. Let's try and make a museum now. And it's made up of all the stuff right that we made at school. So so far in the museum of things we all made at school, we got a donated by Patrina Jones.
Speaker 3: Is a chopping board.
Speaker 2: We've got the letterrac and brass shiv that I made in a metalwork in Jackie Boys monkey, lump of clay.
Speaker 5: Which is has molded into a penhole. All all your pensers, pencils.
Speaker 3: Rulers as well. Belinda, good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Christian and Crewe.
Speaker 2: How are you. Yeah, we're good, Blinda, welcome to the show. So what can you donate to our museum?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 8: In nineteen eighty, in year seven at a girls' school, I made an apron and a headscarf in home. Echo.
Speaker 2: Wow, we keep those sisters in their places. Back in the eighties, my word, it was a headscarf welcome all the soldiers home from the war.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 7: At the time, Christian, I had a huge afro.
Speaker 6: I was like the sister of the Jackson fine, and you can imagine me trying to put that headstuff on.
Speaker 3: My anthro a big eighties boofole.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's been another headscarf and an apron, Belinda, Thank you very.
Speaker 3: Much you called.
Speaker 8: I still have the apron Christian And there's about half a dozen of us girls, yep, and we're still Facebook friends, and every now and then we post photos of us wearing our year seven aprons.
Speaker 3: You should have.
Speaker 2: A reunion where you all rock up in your og yourigine on aprons.
Speaker 7: That'd be good, wouldn't it.
Speaker 3: All right? Thank you very much you call. Have a good day, Ben.
Speaker 9: Back in the day in metalwork, what we did is we made a coffee table. But they all will end all. We inlaid a little bit of glass so I can lift up and we cut out little pictures. For what we did is we put pictures of elmcpherson in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm confused. You you made a coffee table with El McPherson in the glass tabletop.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So what we did is we made it so you can take the glass off the top. Underneath it was a bit of timber and yeah, el McPherson in her little sexies swimwear.
Speaker 3: Just on't just on paper is a creepy call.
Speaker 2: The breathless excitement about this has now elevated it.
Speaker 5: You're not looking at the table now.
Speaker 3: I already do good Lordie some sort of pur bench you still have it been?
Speaker 9: No, I think it's gone to the gods.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for gods.
Speaker 2: All right there, benyboy, he was growing the end. Didn't help the school, did it, Thank you?
Speaker 9: Ben.
Speaker 3: Cheers all keep an eye on him. If he starts making any new ones, we need to know getting flagged.
Speaker 5: Keep him away from your tables.
Speaker 1: Chris, good morning, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 9: Hounds evident.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they were very good. Yeah. So what did you make at school?
Speaker 1: Well it was metalwork in England and we made ninja throwing stars.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I remember those were those who were a short of thing at my school with a special assembly where they were barred.
Speaker 3: What are they.
Speaker 2: Thinking of of letting kids anyway make a ninja throwing star?
Speaker 3: You're only going to hurt each other with those.
Speaker 7: Well they thought perhaps it was some kind of like Christmas tree decoration or something like that.
Speaker 9: But when we were when.
Speaker 2: We needed the training academy, when we sharpened them to deadly points and started throwing them around.
Speaker 9: They thought there was something wrong.
Speaker 3: All right, Chris, thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 9: Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: See look, Christian Connor Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: We're trying to build a museum the items donated from the things you made at school. Our producer Tom just came in. He whispered to me, you were getting calls he went to when I was at school. He went to boarding school. I made a Roman spear and he casually just walked out like we all like we all made Oh yeah, Roman spare. You know the teachers are seeing that lad in the school play going. We need to talk about Thomas. He's out there again. What's he got now? Runner spear? All right, there's some more Charity, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: How are you awesome? What an awesome name you've got as well, Charity? I love your name. That's brilliant.
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: What did you make at school? What have you got for us?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 7: I didn't actually make this at school, but my thirsteen year old son got away with making a machette at schooling metal work. What he got by mounting it as memorabilia.
Speaker 3: For what chopper?
Speaker 7: Both of his grandparents are Vietnam veterans, so he used that.
Speaker 2: But even so, you can't go to the family tree. I mean, and it most of us went through my family tree. My granddad was in the war. I can't walk around with weapons or mild a grenade.
Speaker 3: The war's over. O'Connell cool, So you know he just polled it.
Speaker 10: Home is it?
Speaker 3: Where is it now?
Speaker 7: It's sitting in my garage in a box.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's incredible. All right, Chaunty, thank you very much, and called take care, don't worry.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Vanessa.
Speaker 8: Hey, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm going to take us back to nineteen eighty five? What did you make?
Speaker 8: Nineteen eighty five? Pottery class and ashtray for dead daddy?
Speaker 3: I love you so much, his and ever senior trade for you. I hear you wheezing.
Speaker 2: And I made you this, Papa, an ashtray for father.
Speaker 8: Say the farmer say, loved it very well received.
Speaker 5: But what do the teachers say when you're making an ashtray and everyone else is making like a mug or a sweet plate.
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: I knew what my dad likes, you know, so I thought I'll just go to go to what he wants. I know, he'll love an ashtray.
Speaker 2: Seems him flicking on the carpet, you know, in this ashtray. Very different time, brilliant cool, you take care, Thank you you.
Speaker 8: Too, have a great day. Bye guys.
Speaker 2: And then we got a junior listener on the line right now, Oscar.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and where there we go?
Speaker 3: They're back, Oscar.
Speaker 10: Yep, can you hear me?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Now did and clear my friend? Oscar. First of all, how old are you? My friend?
Speaker 10: I'm said him, And I'm on the I'm going back home. I dis dropped my sister us at school.
Speaker 3: You drive the car, dere.
Speaker 10: No, No, I'm not driving the car.
Speaker 3: Thought you were driving the car.
Speaker 2: We're young, we haven't driving lessons, Oscar. Can you tell your sister school today? We're a bit busy this morning, mom and dad. So you just drop your sister off and you don't fancy it today, you just come home.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm just going home because I have homeschooling and there too.
Speaker 3: Oh you go back properly tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I bet you can't wait, can you?
Speaker 10: Yeah? I can't wait.
Speaker 3: What is it you're looking forward to the most. Is it seeing your your friends?
Speaker 10: Yeah? I seen? Yeah?
Speaker 3: How bad has it been this year. Has it been tough doing the homeschooling? If you quite liked it?
Speaker 2: It's been actually okay, yeah yeah, just hanging around at home.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 3: And what have you made at school?
Speaker 10: So when the first day back at school, like just a couple of days ago, I made this paper draging thing and it has just like faw it and it can like blow this paper, but it's like shaking fire, so it looks like the dragon's breathing fire.
Speaker 3: That is incredible. A fire breathing dragon you made?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow? And you know what it got? Hopefully that's going to get top marks.
Speaker 2: That's going to be the best in the class, right yeah, yeah, I don't even don't even wait for the marks.
Speaker 3: Just give yourself an A plus for that. Oscar, M all right.
Speaker 2: Oscar, well, Oscar, do you want to sell to any of your mates that might be listening on the way to school right now?
Speaker 3: Do you want to give them a shout out?
Speaker 10: I didn't think anyone would be because I think they're probably going to be back home.
Speaker 2: But gotcha, gotcha, got it, that's not waste any of those shouts outs.
Speaker 3: All right, buddy, we'll let you go.
Speaker 2: My fire breathing dragon. Go hey, Oscar. Lovely to hear from you. You are very good on the show, very very good talker. And enjoy tomorrow when you go back to school with your friends. Okay, well done. I'm getting through all the lockdowns as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, take care of us. Bye bye, now
Speaker 1: Ask Christian O'Connell Show Podcast