Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, somehow the show drifted into talking about saints and how they're over twenty thousand saints and modern contemporary saints. People are still being canonized years after their deaths. This morning, we're going to canonize some of you and saints you this morning on the show. What other radio show is offering that?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 1: Take your alphabucks and shove it. Some Saint facts you this morning. Saint fans, there is a Saint Bibiana, the patron Saint of hangovers, one for you. Patsy Bibiana died in the fourth century and became a saint after we discovered that the herbs that grew from her gravesite were an amazing hangover cure. What about Saint Drogo, Patron Saint of Ugly People, a physically unattractive hermit who put out a large fire in the church using the power of prayer. Saint Aloisis Patron Saint of gamers, famous for having a miraculously deep focused Saint Isidore, patron Saint of the Internet, Shot out of scorn, wrote a twenty volume Encycopedia by himself on everything from logic to grammar and zoology and cosmology. Then why does he become patron saint of the Internet.
Speaker 4: All right, so who shows you though that there are modern saints?
Speaker 1: There is about to be a lot more modern saints. Here's how you get sainted. We're looking for everyday saints to actually get canonized. A you have to be dead, and then the people on your behalf campaigning for you to be canonized have become a modern day saint have to provide examples of a miracle that you did in your lifetime. All I need you, that's simply call me up and tell me an everyday miracle you have performed, and then lo and behold, I will instantly canonize you on the show.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 1: You're going to work and tell everyone it's not Davi anymore. It's Saint Day from now on, a gay how we make you an immediate patron saint of something? Right now, I'm going to perform my first canonization and I want it to be I want it to be you, Patsy.
Speaker 5: Oh thank you.
Speaker 3: So what have you done that deserves sainthood?
Speaker 6: Well, me and I reckon every other mother on the planet performs daily miracles. Mine happened last week when Or got up and her voice sounded different, and I said to her, you've got tom solidis? Is your throat saw? Even before her throat was saw? She said no, no, no, I feel fine. Just took her to the GP and guess what she had? Tom solidis And she's been on antibiotics. Who needs a GP when you've got a.
Speaker 5: Mother in there?
Speaker 4: Patsy usually cure the illness, not just identify it.
Speaker 1: This is a diagnostic saints. You are the patient saint now of diagnosing. Thank you, Jackie boy?
Speaker 3: What have you done that deserves sainthood?
Speaker 4: Just yesterday a friend of mine who's expecting a baby came over and I gave them Gordy's old car seat for free.
Speaker 3: There's just decency.
Speaker 1: It's just a nice thing, not working for free. The Pope is struggling to understand. What does say smashed?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: I tell you what, then I'm going to make you the patron saint of Misers.
Speaker 4: You're right about the smashed crusket. We tried our best, but it's also been in the shed collecting a bit of Oh my God like.
Speaker 1: Home of Spider and snakes in the base of it, the whose things you have vomiting and everything in there. I gave it a bit of a wye, a very quick, very quick wipe.
Speaker 3: All right, So tell us what everyday miracle have you performed?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast and.
Speaker 1: This morning we are canonizing him, which means you get sainted. Tell us about an everyday miracle you have performed, Christian. A few days ago I had the task of dinner, bath and bed with the four year old and the six year old after work nights. So my wife usually does a soda and of course has it all down pat. On this occasion, my wife was taking a well deserved night off and was out with the friends. I was on duty. The miracle of miracles happened. I Dad had both fed, bathed, and in bed's stories read and asleep. Perhaps dare I say even a little bit earlier than usual, without a single tear or a raised voiced Not even I've already asked you five times already, don't make me come up. But this was a miracle for the ages. A happy family, all asleep and dad with a glass of red in hand.
Speaker 3: Paul Saint Paul Culbert arise.
Speaker 4: There is something funny I find with Gordy as well. When Bianca has gone out, he's just he's a saying. He's a little saying, I don't say that yourself. Yeah, no, No, he's about not wanting to tell Bianca how good he was, because he actually even said to me the last time I did, it's like, should we go to sleep now, which he therefore says to be no.
Speaker 1: Maybe in I must have done I don't know, maybe nine or ten in my years of school runs in the morning when Sarah, because I've always been doing breakfast radio and so they would always say, oh my god, when Dad did it the other week, it was we got that early.
Speaker 3: I'm always earlier, and we've got that a early with that bit was crap, But.
Speaker 1: It was very calm and just a simmering like there's poor woman who's done it forever for years and years and years and years, tears and tantrums and I just perchance because I'm not to me. It was all like I was up early and everything was done because it was novelty years of doing that, I'm not the same guy doing that. You are a one hit wonder.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: And also now you starts to stand that the universe will go Okay, buddy, Let's just give you a little test this week. Let's go to Carli now morning, Christian, I was putting into my driveway at five to nine yesterday morning when I heard you talking about modern day Saints. It seemed appropriate because every day I managed to get both kids to kinder and to school and be back to start work at nine am. I deal with lost clothes, extra toys, bumpy socks that need to be changed, and whatever else the kids decide to throw at me. Every single morning we navigate caut at school traffic, having to park a five minute walk from the kinder, then a manic ten minute drive to the school to drop the elder one off. Some morning she is lucky if I fully stop the car before pushing her out.
Speaker 3: Drop and roll, kids, drop and roll.
Speaker 1: And yet every day, by some or can I manage to get home to log onto the work by nine a m. Saint Carly definitely, Michelle, Good morning, Michelle.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Christian, Pats and Jack, how are you all well?
Speaker 1: We We're ready hopefully to cannonize you. What every day miracle have you done?
Speaker 3: Michelle?
Speaker 8: I will be your saint of finding things. So I was away in Brisbane on an acupuncture conference, and you know, my family was here in Melbourne and they called me up and said, Mum, we can't find the youngest wan school trousers. And I said, look under the couch and I've gone what I said, just look under the couch and there they were. And they said, how did you know.
Speaker 9: They were there?
Speaker 8: And I said, well, I put them on the couch ironed before I left and said put them away. And I assumed that therefore that wasn't done. So when the dog gets zoomies and runs up to the front door and then back down to the back of the house jumps on the couch, she would have knocked them off. And then on the second round.
Speaker 1: This is level mummy. You are, Saint Michelle. This is incredible, the patient saint of finding trousers.
Speaker 4: My mother is always the same. That's the Nora of where everything is in the.
Speaker 1: Right, the keeper of the knowledge. Have you looked and you go no, Saint Michelle, lovely to speak to you.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks for calling in you so much.
Speaker 7: Have a great day.
Speaker 1: If I have to lose anything now I'm calling Saint Michel's do you know my my trousers are Catherine? Good morning, Oh, good morning.
Speaker 7: I am Saint Catherine. Of the data transfer from your old phone to your new phone.
Speaker 3: Wow, a very modern day, Saint.
Speaker 7: Yeh, super modern, super modern. Because I'm in my sixties. I changed my phone every ten years, whether I need to or not. And the last time I had to sit next to the optics girl and she had to talk me through the whole thing. We moved the SIM card and I lost half my daughter and a lot of my photos. I was really upset. So this time I bought a new phone. This s twenty five, and I sat down and I followed the instructions and I set my old phone mixed on my new phone, and it trans.
Speaker 2: World done.
Speaker 1: Saint Katherine of the saying of data transfer, Oh, you're right. It's a really nervous modern moment, isn't it. When you're like, please transfer jump from one phone to the other.
Speaker 7: Who photos? You don't want to have to get on a new apps.
Speaker 1: And I always hope that the new phone goes for the old phone goes to the new phone. Hey listen, these are all the passwords as well, because then there's nothing worse with the new phone. When you go like, god damn it, I've got to click on about eighteen different remember password links now set new password, Saint Katherine, thank you very much, according him, Oh pleasure bye.
Speaker 2: Christian Color Show podcast.
Speaker 1: A legendary actor, Richard Chamberlain has passed away at the age of ninety. For about ten or fifteen years, one of the biggest stars in the world. My mum had a huge crush on Richard Chamberlain aka Dot to Kilda, Father Ralph in The Thorn Birds and Showgun as well. Doctor Kilda was a big medical drama. But I remember as a kid it used to upset me because I had a really miserable TV theme tune and it was those TV shows were like Dallas as well, where there was no action in the opening bit, it was just photos like a slide show, and it all just mainly spent this day with his stethoscope out, just checking Metle's chest. Then there was this the thorn Birds. This is Cat musical Catnet to my Mum a song all right, So wish TV started? Did your mum have a crush on Christian For my mum. Grant Bowler, who played Wayne Patterson on Blue Healers.
Speaker 3: They went onto host the mall. Yes, I remember, we all got it, Yes, some of these.
Speaker 1: It doesn't ease her own, you know, Christian, my mum was obsessed with Angel from Buffy.
Speaker 3: David Baranas. I think paid him a good looking guy. Christian.
Speaker 1: My mom still has an unhealthy crush on Chason Momoa. She took us to see we didn't even want to go and see Aquaman three times, and then she went with her friends as well. She can't get enough on Jason Momoa.
Speaker 3: It's that magical trident of his projusic Katelyn, who is it for your mum?
Speaker 10: Susan had a massive crush on Elvis, so much so that it actually made her blind to the thought that she thinks her son, my brother Ryan, looks exactly like Elvis. Now let me just make a picture of Ryan. Ryan looks almost like a bit of a biki, so he's got a shaved head.
Speaker 1: Elvis in some of his movies did have a motorbike, but he certainly wasn't you.
Speaker 4: Know, I know who You just shared a photo of your brother. Your brother looks more like Gletton Grantley.
Speaker 1: It does not look like Elvis. I mean he's got he's got your rights. He's a good looking guying your brother. But there's no way that's not Elvis.
Speaker 10: Just no replica whatsoever, like nothing he roll. Elvis had really really dark hair. Ryan's blonde.
Speaker 5: Elvis is a natural or was a natural blonde and he died.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't you dare be spreading lies like Christian Man.
Speaker 4: Never his eyebrows as well, get out of it.
Speaker 3: How dare you.
Speaker 5: Natural blonde? You look at his early like his first couple of movies.
Speaker 6: What's that Western one he did? He was actually blonde in it, which was his natural color, which I can't imagine him not being black haired.
Speaker 1: So your mum was convinced he had literally so so blinded by her love for Elvis that her son resembled the King, so convinced that she.
Speaker 10: Actually, even as a baby, she thought he looked like Elvis. So she entered him in the best Looking baby contest at our local.
Speaker 1: Mare and Ryan won.
Speaker 10: So from that she now played he must look like Elvis because he's entry.
Speaker 1: It was a baby Elvis look. I wouldn't rule it out, wouldn't rull it out.
Speaker 3: In Australia only.
Speaker 1: Baby celebrity lookerike, He's which is do a feature on the show? All right, keeps coming?
Speaker 3: Who did your mum? Which TV start? Did you mum have a crush on?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show, Which TV started your mum have a huge crush on? A major light has gone out in my mum's world with Richard Chamberlain, great actor, big actor of the sixties and seventies, the sad passing of the great staff from the Thornbers dots a killed a showgun. He was a utatility player of the sixties and seventies. Whatever the character was, whether he was an English navigator and American doctor. You called Richard chamber pot so I ask you today then who did your mum have a huge Which TV star did you mum have a huge TV crush on? Now it feels like it's an annual thing where the name Engelbert Humperdink comes back around. Yes, this is Christian, My mum had a crush on Engelbert. Where you put here humperbink and then obviously you must have reread it gone and sent me another mess of simply saying Humperdink yes, it is the Great Engelbert. You know some music it's like it's carbon dated. You hear it, you don't go oh, was this the nineties? It's this two thousand and one? Was it produced by Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas? You know?
Speaker 3: This is this is going back a few years.
Speaker 4: This instantly puts me in my nano Grandpas's kitchen and the radio on top of their fridge. I don't know if they had a twenty four hour station with this kind of music playing.
Speaker 1: Yes, And was it one of those big old radios as Golshiman.
Speaker 3: They used to be really wide. Radios used to be really big.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Great Engelbert humbered and getting his annual play on the show. Let mister Trump persuades to the boss to have an Engelberg when you.
Speaker 3: He cut down his top hundred songs.
Speaker 1: Christian Tony Bumbry. My mum had a major crush on. Now, I'm not familiar with this John English from the TV show Against the Wind. You do you know what that T shirt?
Speaker 3: I've never heard of Against the Wind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was massive.
Speaker 6: I can remember watching it was about colonial Australia. I think from memory about settlers. I can remember watching it with Mum and dad. Might have been on Channel seven. I reckon but I was really really little. But he was also on was it altogether?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 6: Jack the sitcom I'm Against the Wind for the first It was massive though.
Speaker 5: And he was a singer as well. Big tool man he was.
Speaker 4: He was a singer. He has the biggest mullet I have ever seen.
Speaker 3: You're kid, Oh wow, some mullets.
Speaker 1: That's bigger than Billy Ray Cyrus back in the day. Wow.
Speaker 3: We that is a hell of a head of hair onout that guy.
Speaker 1: Chris and my mom had a crash on the Irish folk singer Daniel O'Donnell. All right, let's say some calls. Good morning, Catherine, Good morning, Catherine, good morning.
Speaker 12: Oh my mom.
Speaker 7: If she could, she could have married him, she would have mister Brady from the Brady Bunch.
Speaker 3: That is the phrase, isn't it.
Speaker 1: If she could have married him, she would have Oh my god.
Speaker 7: She loved the house, she loved the smile.
Speaker 4: I'm now just looking up yes again, sixty seventies actors.
Speaker 1: She really had that look a bit like that, didn't They well put together?
Speaker 9: And you got a bit of a.
Speaker 7: Curly perm at the end of the show.
Speaker 5: Tell me did she like him in his heyday when he had the mustache?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: God, did she ever? Oh my gosh, yes, if she could have traded our family into his family, she would.
Speaker 13: Have done it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: During the trade period, prid of Carol take a contract down on.
Speaker 1: Carol, Catherine Great coll Diane, good.
Speaker 2: Morning, Hello, my mum's with Sean Connery.
Speaker 3: Sean Connery, I could understand that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think it has a lot to do with having his top off in a lot of the movies. You know that fust body myster is not bought. He bought mum a full body pillow, which is the full length of your pillow. For one birthday, we managed to get a picture of Sean Connery. We laminated it, pinned it to the top of the pillow.
Speaker 3: So I thought she could sleep laminated. It feels like what's she doing drooling on him?
Speaker 1: Already want to attract the question why don't you going to be coated in protect substance?
Speaker 3: Trump a reusable?
Speaker 9: I just don't know how she was going to get with.
Speaker 2: Him, do you?
Speaker 1: You don't you don't want office works? I'm gonna need dis laminated?
Speaker 9: Who is it?
Speaker 3: It's wonder woman.
Speaker 9: He never got into bed with her, though he kept him in the corner of the room. She was terrified the ambulance would roll up and he'd be in bed with her.
Speaker 1: Diane, thank you very much and cool mate. Thanks Corn the Show.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: I haven't told you about something really embarrassing that happened to me last week. I reversed into somebody's car that was part about two feet behind me, just and even though my car, like most modern cars, has got the old but does anyone else just get rid of irritated with them and go yeah, yeah, yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: I because they're so I do, because they're so sensitive. Yes, you're like, I've got I'm a play room.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Right, the nights smoke alarms and go off too soon, and so anyway, so I reversed as time the little car behind me right, I got out. I couldn't see where the only was, so I luckily I had some post it notes and a pen, so I wrote down my name and my phone number. She called about two hours later, says, fine, there's hardly any damage. It's a little tiny, little dink in the car red shoe. But the thing was, there was no reason for this to happen. First of all, there's a warning system, very advanced warning system, and it was like it was two feet behind me. There was just like I still don't even know why. Or on the street, on the street, Jack, there's only one direction. I should have gone forward, but I went backwards into this poor little hatchback. So I want to know about what is the shortest distance Bengle somebody's had. Is it just getting out the driveway, you know, not like after a big long trip when you're tired. I mean really like mine was two feet just into this poor lady's car. Who rang me about two or she was more.
Speaker 3: I think she was ringing.
Speaker 1: She was actually I felt like she was ringing more to say thank you for leaving your name and number, because sadly people don't always do that these days. I have a look around and go, you did that? You scratched someone's car, the old boss he was mistaken. There was no other car. There was only one car that used to park next to him.
Speaker 4: It was yours did park next to him in scrutch him. He got that on out on the road somewhere.
Speaker 1: Like I said, some people do even name a number.
Speaker 2: That's me.
Speaker 1: Some don't.
Speaker 3: That's out, that's Jack Both.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: So we're talking short distance Bengals, Pats. You've got a store about this.
Speaker 5: It's so funny.
Speaker 6: My brother was reversing out of his driveway as his wife was returning home from work. Neither of them saw one another and they're both banged into one another in their truck.
Speaker 4: No two cars.
Speaker 1: O God, that's terrible. I just remember the time now. Once in the UK, I refersed into my mother in law's brand new car. She'd had less than a week. Actually, I've got four minutes gnoing those crashing into them, and she'd she actually came out, she was staying at how she came out and burst into tears. White car boys, you know when someone said something you had no idea because I always dreamed of having a white car.
Speaker 12: Rember.
Speaker 1: Actually my wife looking at me like I couldn't believe what somehow it was, I've done it on purpose, right, just Sundy, come crunched that with your white car. Mother in law ruined treating on a white car. I remember actually not getting out of the car for a while. I actually actually thought about just driving off and never coming home ever again. All right, there's a short distance bingals, that's gonna Ashley now, Good morning Ashley, Good morning guys.
Speaker 11: Thanks for taking the call. I didn't actually make it out of the individual car parking space at the car park.
Speaker 3: That's a really short distance.
Speaker 11: It was very sure. I realized it at the time. I was at the end. I was in a multi story car park, and I was at the end of a lot. I was on the very side, and so there was a car on one side of me, and on the other side was this concrete barrier that came up about a meter, but it wasn't high enough to be able to be seen out the window, and by the time I'd gotten back to my car, I'd completely forgotten it was there. So rather than going forward a little bit and then turning, I just kind of went to pull out straight away, and I scraped off the entire side of my car. The left side of my car was just cactus. And I was just so embarrassed and so filthy of myself that I refused to pay the couple of thousand dollars to go to the panel beaters for the inconvenience, and I just did the whole thing up with duct tape.
Speaker 3: Great man, great, look you're winning. You're winning. That look is really good.
Speaker 11: Oh look I it was that way for about a year or so I reckoned before I ended up replacing the car because I died of old age. So I was just a guy who had one side of his car completely made up.
Speaker 7: With duct tape.
Speaker 1: That's a great story, Ashley, Thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 4: Those concrete pillars out underground car park, it's so bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You always look at the corners of them and they've got like a multi color display of cars scrap scraped through in the past.
Speaker 2: Christian Connor Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: My wife has taken her mother's some of our ashes back to give to her sisters, and so we've got to do all this paperwork. We didn't realize you have to do all this admin to take ashes onto the plane and leave one country and go into another country. And yesterday we were asking where your story is about what did you do with the ashes? We had so many incredible stories, and loadsmore came in yesterday as well. Jack and I were saying this morning, we didn't know you could have so many different stories, and I thought by nine o'clock yesterday we'd heard. But no, no, no, my friends, there are some incredible ones to get through this morning. So we're doing a part two. What did you do with the ashes? Melanie Christian? I thought i'd share with you a story of all my dad's ashes. My dad ended up living in Florida. It was Australian and sadly passed Toway after a long battle with dementia. I'm sorry to hear that now. His wish, though, was to come back to Australia and he wanted his ashes scattered in the old near Sorrento. My youngest sister had the task to bring dad home. The funeral home gave my sister to earn with the paperwork, and Dad was ready to head homeward bound back to Australia.
Speaker 3: First leg of the journey was from Fort Myers air to.
Speaker 1: La While going through the airport's security, my sister said to the guard that take care, that's my dad in the The next thing, you know, my sister hears the man saying on his walky talkie human remains coming through those airport security in America is intense My sister was a lot horrified at this point. To my sister's surprise, she then sees the security man checking out the ashes and queries, is what's going on?
Speaker 3: He said, we're checking the urn for drugs.
Speaker 1: Apparently is very common cover they hide in earned with actual ashes drugs. My sister couldn't believe that our dad was now being drug tested. Dad finally made it home, spent some time in my sister's bedroom. Then it was time to set him free. We found a beautiful little beach in Diamond Bay, which chose my dad's birthday, which would have been his eightieth. We were already dress appropriately because it was a hot day, and my middle sister was picked to do the honors. However, she had to wait for two months to walk past with their children before it was an empty beach. It feels like that say you tell the time, you know, sometimes you can go one cuckoo too, cuckoo, go one mom too, mum. Once the coast is clear, my sister started walking out into the water with urn. My sister looked like some sort of bogan Moses trying to part the waves. I couldn't stop laughing. My younger sister was very emotional crying. Then we all started laughing. Then we were thinking about how much Dad would have enjoyed this. My children now go every summer to swim in that spot, to be closed to their grandfather. Tad him.
Speaker 3: That's a lovely story, Christian.
Speaker 1: When my old man left us, we put his ashes in his favorite bottle, a VB bottle. We had it engraved with all his nicknames on the side Dad, Mop, top, Den, and a few more you can't read out on it. Wow, what a lovely way, and a few more you can't read out. And then the other side we put all the kids' names. The bottle comes out anytime we toast him in our man cave.
Speaker 3: Miss him heaps. Boy did he love a beer?
Speaker 1: Wow? Shutters sign off there, Christian. I was a carpet cleaner some years ago and had a call out to do a basic cleanup, or so I thought. Turn up there was an old European lady, very distressed. She had dropped her relatives ashes onto the fireplace and carpet, breaking the suramic urn.
Speaker 3: I had been hired to clean it up.
Speaker 1: The lady, in her late eighties, was beside herself, understandably distraught.
Speaker 3: Crying, my pardner, No, you fixed, now.
Speaker 1: You pick her up. Then she gave me a large vegimite jar was provided. This was a job and a half. She kept hitting me on the shoulder, saying, be careful, you pick up. I was terrified. I managed to get I'm actually get what I could into this shabby veggimite jar that hadn't been emptied out properly alone still stretch along with glam. The ashes would have been sticking to it. I didn't charge it because I felt so sorry for her, and I left with a couple of jars of homemade amazing source that's the blood of a victim, and a bottle of homemade grapper. Geez, that stuff's rocket fuel. Then we get to Rachel's email. Now, yesterday I think we had two calls about mix ups with the ashes in the wrong and the funeral.
Speaker 3: Home owning up. But sometimes it was like a couple. I think we had one yesterday.
Speaker 1: It was six months later that the funeral home when we've given you the wrong ashes, That isn't who you think it is. This story that we're actually going to do next is barely believable. It doesn't involve a mix up involving ashes. You can hear the full story next.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Part two This morning, What did you do with the ashes? Yesterday?
Speaker 1: We had so many incredible stories involving what you were trying to do respectfully with the ashes. But you know what it's like in life. Sometimes the more sort of high intention, high expectation you have, this has got to be right. It's like the universe sometimes this can spies against you. And we heard stories yesterday of ashes being spring called, where they were mentally spring called. And then sudden Australia would it feel like it has a lot of sudden wind changes because they couldn't move for stories just about very unfortunate sudden wind changes and ash has been sprinkled into people who were blissfully unaware of what was going on. And then there were two stories about actually people who've given the urns with their belovers ashes in and then a couple of weeks and one call to talk about six months later getting a call from the funeral home saying those are the wrong ashes. This story is that and something else. It comes from someone called Rachel Christian I was just on the show yesterday relating to funeral mix up. I listened to an ABC podcast after yours, of course, well done, Rachel, I'm sure on the iHeart platform, and a family had buried and greed for their relative, only to get a call three days later explaining, sorry, your family member was accidentally cremated.
Speaker 3: We put a different body in the coffin.
Speaker 1: Oh god, wait, it's kiss so bad they had to dig up the coffin to confirm it.
Speaker 3: Ima, you're grieving horrendous.
Speaker 1: Anyway, this happened in this country, and there were other on this podcast episode. There were other funeral home horror stories. You know, yesterday when you were joking about how you thought it was a bit odd, your wife point to set check that they were her mom's ashes in there.
Speaker 3: She had every right to do so. Now I want to dig out this podcast.
Speaker 1: It's an ABC podcast, who do actually do some amazing podcasts, and it's called ABC Background Briefing. This is episode three. Births, Deaths and Marriages. Have a listened to this story.
Speaker 13: There's a family that is gathered by a grave side and they're there to bury their beloved father.
Speaker 2: His name's Errol.
Speaker 13: The coffin's just been lowered in the dirt's been thrown in and everybody's starting to file away. And after they'd finished that service, one of their workers is in an absolute state.
Speaker 2: But it's not from grief, it's from guilt.
Speaker 1: You mean you hooked on you.
Speaker 3: I've got goosebumps.
Speaker 1: Listen to this. Let's go back into the story.
Speaker 12: There had been a bit of a mix up on Monday. He had mistakenly cremated mister Davidson.
Speaker 3: They put the wrong body into the crematorium.
Speaker 13: Errol Davidson had been cremated in the place of a woman named Daisy Jones.
Speaker 3: And so in order to perpetuate the cover up.
Speaker 12: He was putting Missus Jones into his coffin, and a paver and a five litre bottle of water was placed into the coffin with Missus Jones because she was a much smaller lady than what mister Davidson was.
Speaker 1: It's not just a mistake, it's actually a cover up, isn't It's worth? So a pa and a five liter bottle of water to bulk it up, as play on New.
Speaker 13: South of our Health, call the family and say we have to exhume Errol's grave. They all go back to that grave site and two officers who are part of New South of Ourself are actually in the grave. So six feet down they pull out the coffin, they open the lid and in there is a frail, small old woman.
Speaker 1: My worst.
Speaker 3: It's an unbelievable story.
Speaker 1: If you want to fill here the full episode, it's ABC Background Briefing, Episode three.
Speaker 3: Rachel, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show go On podcast.
Speaker 1: What do you think which shops smell the best? Sometimes you go in and there's a pleasing smell to them. Okay, some shops are actually designed that way. I know that. I think it's Peter Alexander.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, have this plugin thing. I think you can actually buy it.
Speaker 1: It's a smell. Yeah, what is it? It's like a cake.
Speaker 4: It's cakey, it's Vanillay, how often you guys brows and Peter, I'm not even looking for silken but pajamas are that.
Speaker 3: But I just tick my head in and breathe it in and it's yeah.
Speaker 5: You're right, you know master, Yeah, you think of Jami's vanilla pods.
Speaker 1: It's gorgeous, Oh my god. But if you have too much of it, it's a little bit sickly in that. I don't know how people were working. They're put up with that, but they have a very unique scent. Now you have a top three of actual places you think at shops that have the best smells.
Speaker 4: At number one seafood shops.
Speaker 1: No, no, it is. It is. It's like a pool smell.
Speaker 4: It's not. It is maybe Victorians if it was so powerful, why is it? What was the pippies that you.
Speaker 3: Could only get long stockings or whatever?
Speaker 14: It was the smell of fish and seafood and pra I love prawn.
Speaker 1: It's like a go and hang out by the harbor the fish. I love that become there's no perfumeries have ever had some smell of prawn so well?
Speaker 4: Made from.
Speaker 12: What you do?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 14: This is so made up perfume. Whale vomit perfume. He's made from whale vomit.
Speaker 3: No, he's right, there's a there is a base thing in it.
Speaker 4: Yes, how do they get the whales to vomit?
Speaker 3: Call them into a fish shop? Because it makes me feel a bit ry, heavy and cruelty to me.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's a nicemami smell. But my second one puffa is you know the little Dutch pancakes, poages, yeah, like little food trucks. And third petrol stations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love the smell of a petrol station. Yeah, no, no, there's something about that.
Speaker 3: What is it the bitumen or the controlling the petrol? Just the nozzle, the petrol. It's a nozzle just before you stick it in the tank.
Speaker 1: I put up a nostra and.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you little head.
Speaker 3: Just a little vapor, yeah, just a little something.
Speaker 1: And then I'll go and hang around Peter Alexacer again and stick my head in the door.
Speaker 3: Patsy, what do you think smells the best?
Speaker 6: You know what I like?
Speaker 5: And you're gonna poo who me?
Speaker 1: You say?
Speaker 5: Oh, here we go again? Is the langham has its own.
Speaker 4: Even if they were actual pain client, we would be saying their name too much.
Speaker 1: On which came out relates things I was about to say, Baker's to lie. You know, these are related to a basic fish shop.
Speaker 5: They've got ginger flowers, the.
Speaker 1: Experience of people. They're not a celebrity like you, Patsy.
Speaker 5: Second on my list is Lush, you know the soap shop.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I love that smesh.
Speaker 6: And then you can't go past just your standard cafe and the coffee brewing machine.
Speaker 5: In the morning, it's like it's like my oxygen. Yes, it's like I'm ready for the day.
Speaker 1: What do you guys think of Baker's Delight?
Speaker 2: Yea, what is it is?
Speaker 3: It smells warm?
Speaker 1: I know that sort of thing, but it smells warm, and that is that the yeast.
Speaker 4: Aunim Yeah, it smells like yeah, that's what it smell.
Speaker 1: And that would be an after shave. I sprits on. It's a bit of sconny. Smell about me?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: What shops do you think smell the best? Or five star hotels?
Speaker 2: Christian Color Show podcast?
Speaker 1: Which shops you think have the best smells? Christian Softo Tail Hotel? Else smell amazing? I love the specifics Patsy's obviously never set foot in one, but I love that tepic Christian Nothing miss the smell when you drive past the tip top factory in danden On.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I guess it's like a Baker's Delight.
Speaker 1: The Christian Dusk is a beautiful smelling shop. And Jack wellp who is called amberses and it's a solid waxy substance.
Speaker 3: It's not vomit. It comes up the other end, a lot of people saying.
Speaker 4: No, no, it comes out of them. Well, from what I can find, is more like vomit.
Speaker 3: It comes out of it is tuned in by the way, there is a context away.
Speaker 1: It's suddenly now concerning the show business of which orifice did that comes out? Well, we're talking about because apparently it's a base ingredient in some persumes.
Speaker 4: High end perfumes use it. It's like a fatty substance that a whale has in its tummy and when it eats squid, it gets it ejects the fatty substance.
Speaker 1: Again, how did someone who works for say Channel they picked that up? Yeah, you're down the beach and you see a solid waxy stubbs that's coming out of one end of a one. You go take it back to the factory. I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's something about.
Speaker 4: That, whether they threw it up or cracked it out, Chanelle, it's not and it's not even about the scent. It's not they're not using that for the a binding age. It makes the scent that they make in perfume last longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, I can't know how did anyone ever find this out? Also, quite a few people talking about the subway smell. Yes, oh, flowery kind of. I'm sure they must put something it's not. Do you think this smells? Some of them aren't accident. I reckon they actually engineered them. They've got a plugin special scent.
Speaker 4: I've heard that about subway, that they have a Yeah, they have a baking bread.
Speaker 3: Tell you what you are?
Speaker 1: You are kind of like you are quite deep fake, aren't you? Barly a show goes by. We don't get this slow knowing blink from chap goes I have heard this.
Speaker 2: I have heard this.
Speaker 4: Well, this is going to make it.
Speaker 3: To the underground wake up sheep.
Speaker 4: It's going to sound even more pompous than the shop. I'm going to choose as my best smell. I was going to say book shop smell. The smell of fresh pages.
Speaker 3: It is the pagination, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the book binding glue they use, I think, as well as a nice smell in there. And of course Patsy's contributionist the Langham Hotel.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show go On podcast, Thank you very.
Speaker 1: Much for the people who are messaging in about the shops with their favorite smells. Christian, I know that perhaps he just raved about the Langham Hotel and the smell of that Sheraton. I stayed at Sheraton Hotel. Christian, the smell serious has gone. Even asked the concierge if it was available to buy. He looked at me utterly confused, and I said, you must get this question. He said, nope.
Speaker 3: There's other words.
Speaker 1: When you say you must get this a lot and they go no, never, It's strange, Christian.
Speaker 3: I love the smell of a surf shop.
Speaker 1: It's the new wetsuit smell that's from Sharpie Rachel Country Road smells amazing. It does have Kaitlin, what is that is it? Is it tobacco?
Speaker 2: It's like it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's called a little bit of it. Would you not think a higher note of leather, leathery?
Speaker 4: Yeah, bit leathery.
Speaker 1: Not.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say tobacco, No, unless lady.
Speaker 3: That served me it was just a heavy smoke or something.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it has it is.
Speaker 3: It's a leathery smell.
Speaker 10: It is one of the best smells. And they actually have a hand cream available to buy in store that has the same smell.
Speaker 2: I have it.
Speaker 10: I also have the scent for my scent thing that sends it off into the house, so that the house, well, you.
Speaker 3: Can buy the scent of country road.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, so you smell like an outlet.
Speaker 10: If I go in there, I smell like absolute joy walking.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm at home.
Speaker 10: That fresh leanen.
Speaker 1: It is a delight Christian best mill in places are Floris Florish. You're right, they are properly freshmaning and Christian.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 1: I like to know about this. You're talking about well vomit earlier, ambush it. I believe it's called King Charles the Second used to have ambergers on his breakfast.
Speaker 4: Need it ew Yuh, it's vomit, it's well vomit.
Speaker 1: What would he have on like like a virgat of salt and pepper for a top, or you know, some kind of like ketch up. Also, I want to know how does this listener know this? Yeah, it's incredible knowledge to have ready to go. But suddenly today's a day that we start talking.
Speaker 3: About well vomit. This goes bang. I knew would come in handy, get my phone out messaging.
Speaker 4: Like Patsy knowing that he carried a bald egg with him everywhere.
Speaker 3: He does not do that.
Speaker 5: I mean that's not Charles has an egg on his lunch every day.
Speaker 1: There's no way once that seven days a week he does. That's why he's got those fat little fingers.
Speaker 5: No, it doesn't eat dinner. That has his main meal.
Speaker 1: That guy got wherever he is, he's having a free banquet some country around the Commonwealth. I've got to make him at dinner.
Speaker 4: No matter what culture he's in, he'll put his own egg on the mill.
Speaker 3: Just brings that out of a pocket that he's got with him.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell shown podcast.
Speaker 3: Today on World Wine Day.
Speaker 1: The average Australian adult drinks I think we guessed it's an adult. If you're a kid, he's sticking away twenty eight liters of.
Speaker 3: Wine a year, you've got a problem.
Speaker 1: Okay. The average Australian adult drinks sippy cups. Hard to get through your literage, guys, The average adult Australian drinks. Yeah, that says this is a lot. Twenty eight liters of wine every year and that's just passed in a month, so fi I order. This puts Australia fourth in the world, behind France forty six liters Italy also forty six liters Ridge in this champ and so awake and Portugal fifty two liters a year. Whoa, wait the Portuguese get their wine on. What do we think of the most popular wine varieties in Australia. You've just tuned into the ABC.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean we do a lot of great wines, reds and wines, don't we.
Speaker 1: I think some of the world's best red bang number three, Well done, Patsy, You and I love are reds.
Speaker 3: Do you not prefer red or wine?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, I like a sparkling Prisco as always might go to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it might be one of those mums.
Speaker 1: Must be five o'clock summer in the world. I'm still because here and especially in Victoria, there are some amazing pinots and it's very popular, but not even in the top five, not even in the top five Wine number one? Whoa someone's been to the bottle shop and look around preparation for this? Do you see what wine lovers a drinking? All right, we're looking for your wine songs today. What are the winos drinking?
Speaker 4: And what are they listening to?
Speaker 3: Drinking and listening? Sorry Freudian slip there, It's enough about my life.
Speaker 1: Twenty eight Wine songs Malbecca Raina Gold, What about sweet Wino Mine Silver? Oh, if you know this wine, it's delicious, funky cold Madeira gold. Nice one for Nana, A little one Nana. I know we shouldn't, but life too short, right, Nana, Cold Madeira green Day Wine of your Life, Gold Suppices. You gave me that because I didn't have the right brackets there for that song. One for Patsy, Wake me up before you proseco co co co silver and that's it?
Speaker 3: Jackie Ward, what have you got? Wine songs? Plunky tonk Woman, Yeah, why not?
Speaker 1: It's simple but it works.
Speaker 4: God Grenashes to Ashes, Silver, Billy Joels, Pino Man, God Puss and it shear is Grape of you?
Speaker 1: Also good?
Speaker 3: That's go too good ones there, Jackie Boy? Right, what have you got them? Wine songs? Jack You're ready to mark? Let's do it?
Speaker 1: Bad Goon Rising very good?
Speaker 3: Who's that? Michael Bailey?
Speaker 1: Well done? Smells like teen vomit so Gold Brown, Brothers Girl, Bronze, all that sheer ass, Silver, Baby got Malbeck, Silver Puss Rising my bell instead of ring my bell.
Speaker 3: Bronze.
Speaker 1: It's a long way to the top if you want to plunk and roll Bronze, Cyndi laupo wine after wine, shut en after Papa, don't preach hutterenough. It's a French show, Red beautiful. Sorry, Simon, we got a wine snob here, Eminem, he loves a glass of wine, actually does his recovery.
Speaker 3: Sorry, he used to love a glass of wine.
Speaker 1: Now, good Faby doesn't boos yourself.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 1: The offspring's pretty dry for a white wine.
Speaker 4: Oh gold. Plus, I loved that song when it came out.
Speaker 1: Right song and sitting on the dock of the rose Gold.
Speaker 3: That is very good one. I'm Vicki.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast