Speaker 1: Hello, my name's Santasha Nabananga Bamblet. I'm a proud yor the Order Kerni Wholbury and a waddery woman. And before we get started on She's on the Money podcast, I would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land of which this podcast is recorded on a wondery country, acknowledging the elders, the ancestors and the next generation coming through as this podcast is about connecting, empowering, knowledge sharing and the storytelling of you to make a difference for today and lasting impact for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money. She's on the Money.
Speaker 4: Hello, and welcome to She's on the Money podcast that makes personal finance fun, especially on Fridays. It is our favorite day of the week because we get our little team together and we celebrate you, our incredible She's on the Money community, Miss Jess Gricci's got some money wins and confessions for us. Miss beck sayed, I think she's got a few unhinged broke tips to share. This week, we're going to be helping to answer our money dilemma, which this week is all about how to finance a removable home and then something you slid into our DMS about ADHD tax and feeling like a burden on your partner relatable not the removable home thing, but I do happen to know how to finance one of those.
Speaker 2: So we'll get there later. Find Yeah, you can find out. You can find out.
Speaker 4: But before we get there, first things first, how have your week's been?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 2: Team, She's on the money is for the most part, back on deck now, which is very exciting.
Speaker 4: I feel like everyone is just like a lull, Like slowly, slowly things are starting to.
Speaker 2: Take I'm having a lot of circling back emails from all the ones I sent you into THEMBAR saying back to this in January, and now everyone's coming back.
Speaker 4: Actually I didn't want you to actually come back. I didn't mean that. Also circle back corporate speak, we're canceling.
Speaker 2: That my actions with January didn't say yeah.
Speaker 4: I actually meant next year. Yeah, you're like you go away. No, It's it's been fun Beck being back on deck.
Speaker 2: How's how's life?
Speaker 4: If you kept up the motivation levels that we had last week, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Think I actually have.
Speaker 5: But it is such a weirdly sad time of year because it's like, oh I got to with now we have to wait a whole another year for this like nice period where everyone's excited, everyone's in the mood of like like to be festive.
Speaker 4: Okay, but like, let's reframe it. We've got a year, We've got a year to look forward to it, We've got a year to set up our savings accounts. So this period of the year is not financially stressful.
Speaker 2: Yes. No, I've got a money team this week. You've got a money team, you know, one of those old school ones. And I like a cute with the can open up. Yeah, made the outside cute, and we're putting coins in it and I'm going to buy my treat myself to.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I've got questions.
Speaker 2: I love that. Where are you getting coins? Well, I'm trying so when I saw things cause I just don't have cash, when I saw things on Facebook, Mark place all the time, you get cash, and I'm trying to use it a little bit more because I feel like I like that I have the coins that I then squirre all away.
Speaker 4: See, I've got a little dish beside our front door. Yeah, you're gonna rob me, Like, that's where to go gas. All the coins are there, good to know, but I don't know what to do with the twenty and fifty cent pieces in there. Put them in my money, sir, I'll bring them in because at this point, at this point they're a burden.
Speaker 2: I am so annoying.
Speaker 5: I literally yesterday it is actually I like I had five cents, tense, it's all the coins in the world, and I like kind of put them into little piles of my hand and then just like went and filled up my pedal tank and I was like thirty and then with fifty cents And.
Speaker 4: You are really annoying but also sligh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like free petrol. Also, you know that you can put them in a coin counter at the bank and just deposit them into account. Yeah, but that's.
Speaker 4: Another it is. But also like once it's in the account, it doesn't feel no, it becomes real money again. Yeah. Yeah, coins are fake money, fake money anything which points fake money not actually a real purchase. Basically financial advice right there.
Speaker 2: Did we get a good review this week?
Speaker 4: I was an award winning financial advisor. Yep, we did. We got a beautiful review this week. Would you like me to read it out?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, please?
Speaker 4: This one comes from Linn Britt. I don't know if her name's Britt or Linn to use the name, but five star review. I stumbled onto the She's on the Money podcast a few weeks after I had separated from my husband, and it was a godsend. I devoured all of the previous episodes and have religiously listened every week for the last several years. All the ladies and the show are so relatable, even though they are so diverse. Victoria's financial knowledge has supported me to set up an emergency fund, manage my cash flow so that I could buy my husband out of our joint mortgage. Yes gross, arranged my kids to be beneficiaries for my superannuation and insurances, and I've started investing and I'm in the most secure financial position I've ever been in, despite now relying on just one wage. I wouldn't have done any of that without Sheese on the Money being so accessible and easy to understand. Thanks a million times over. Oh God, that is so illeged. Leaving your husband and being more financially stable than ever and arriving and that's like, that is what people are so stressed about, like, oh my god, I'm going to leave, I'm going to do this.
Speaker 2: It's going to become a clown car like what. But you've got your stuff together.
Speaker 5: That's incredible. That is so that would be not a easy task at all. That's really really right.
Speaker 2: I love our community. I know of what you go achieve. I love that you give us some credit.
Speaker 4: But I think it's also so important that wasn't us we had a podcast, but like this podcast has existed for so long. Yeah, and that doesn't mean that we do the work for you. We can't do the work for you. If I could, I would totally like I'd be like, let me get your bank accounts, but unfortunately you actually have to do the work. Like kudos to you, because yeah, we gave you the information, but like when people get the information.
Speaker 5: And do nothing with that exactly me for example, And so you you actually got it, you did.
Speaker 4: It, are though, and last year became an investor.
Speaker 5: Beck, Oh true, look at her go I wanted to check that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Alright, moving on, miss Jess, you got some money wins and confessions to share with the fam?
Speaker 2: I sure do. First of this week, I've got one from Olivia, who I just wanted to say we have matching profile pictures. She's a photo of the tar her out front of the taj my Hull twinty.
Speaker 4: I thought she borrowed your photo and I'd be like, the time, you do look really cute, but that's weird.
Speaker 2: Olivia said, I'm a bit addicted to chat GPT now, and she said, can we all elect to use just the free version? She said she's someone who struggles with meal planning and staying under budget, so she'll ask a questions like give me lunch ideas based on the coll specials this week, or give me some dinner ideas that I can cook in under twenty minutes with fruits and veggies that are currently in season. She said it's also great when she needs to reduce her takeaway cots and she asks it what she can use based off what's in her fridge. I adore it.
Speaker 4: And for those of you who are like, oh, chat GPIT, it's only okay, you're not giving it enough information. You need to prime that baby so well and be so specific. Like the more specific the better it takes. All of that Intoicate said, I love it in our team chat GPT is a team member called Gizelle. You asked Gizelle to do that, she will do it. She's a model, she's so good like that exactly.
Speaker 2: Just what else have you got?
Speaker 6: Next?
Speaker 2: I've got money in from Chow said I started turning things off at the wall socket and I had my power bill. WHOA, she said, you got the second bill since studying, and it was eighty seven dollars. That what what for the month was for the quarter? For the I'm assuming for the months. That's really really I really love that.
Speaker 4: I think that is great. I'm a skeptic and think that there's a bigger issue in the Maybe you had a piece of equipment that was draining your power significantly or was not working.
Speaker 2: I feel was really high. But one of those tester things that you can plug things into.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one of those.
Speaker 2: In a good way.
Speaker 4: I can also imagine her getting a hard hat, putting it on and walking around there.
Speaker 2: I'm going to inspect this. It's the cutest image. Next, I've got to own you in from Abby, who said she got a four hundred and twenty dollars refund from the ATYO because she had previously paid off her hex after the big indexation. How good. I feel like a lot of people have probably seen that rolling out over the past few weeks, haven't looked at your hext.
Speaker 4: We've got a lot of people in our community as well who choose to still contribute to their hex quote because they told their employer that it's still there, and then at tax time they get a heap of money back because they're like, I'm so bad at saving, so I'm just going to do this. Whether or not that's a good strategy is still to be determined, but it's just a strategy, and an interesting one at that.
Speaker 2: Next, I've want of money in from Molly, who said she logged into her iron G bank account to see she'd been gifted one hundred dollars as part as their giving program is give iron G very clever whoever came up with that. In the marketing team, she covered lunch for her and her friends on Saturday's on Money Team also free money, saying where is it?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Lease thanks? Last of this week, I've got money from Holly, who said she just Molly and Holly.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: That actually is very cute. I didn't even realize that money in from Holly who said she just grabbed groceries. Thanks to every Day Rewards and Flybys points, she spent a little over ten dollars instead of three hundred and twenty. Sorry, what crazy working the system? He has hacked the system. That's so good.
Speaker 4: I'm so impressed. But like proof that it all adds up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're an everyday rewards person, turn on your savings thing now for Christmas because you can turn it onto your points bank. So I'm not. I'm not. I'm a Coles girlie.
Speaker 4: I am a coldly I'm going to hack the fly By system this year. You best believe one pass. Watch out, Yeah, watch out for you. Watch out if you think I'm not going to abuse your system within the breadth that you've set.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's milking it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to milk it for all you are going to let me have It's excited, clever. Have you got some broke tips this week?
Speaker 5: Okay, So I don't know if anyone listened last week, you might have heard me mention I'm kind of doing some more hinge things this year, more unhinged than last.
Speaker 2: Year, more unhinged than last year.
Speaker 4: Would we be concerned for your mental health? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think, so you let me know what you need, and I'm right here.
Speaker 5: Well, this one actually comes from clothes. This one was unhinged, but I really like it. I know it's silly and.
Speaker 4: Probably maybe still saving money. Yes, exactly, so clothes, there's unhinged. But put clothes that are too big in the dryer so they shrink and fit you better.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I've done that, but honestly I do.
Speaker 4: That with my genes all the time. Like my jeans are one. It's too big because I ordered them on the Iconic and I couldn't be bothered returning them, and so I put them extra hot in the dryer and now they fit.
Speaker 2: So yeah, personal, it's fantastic. Yes, there you go. I've really really back this.
Speaker 5: I think, don't buy new clothes, just keep drying them til they get small, like that Picasso. This next one comes from I believe the names Owen, but I could be wrong. So I care memberships are apparently free, and it means you can return your furniture within three hundred and sixty five days for a full refund if you do.
Speaker 2: I can't key membership.
Speaker 4: I don't know. So you're saying, if I'm moving to Melbourne for six months, I could dip my house out in I Care furniture then for genal That's what.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, Never do that. Who's an option?
Speaker 5: It's an option, but genuinely that's what I'm thinking. I'm like, you want to impress someone, you have someone coming over for a date. Now I've got my I K Calyx shelves with the tags still on.
Speaker 2: They're not coming off. Yeah, Like I think that's really really.
Speaker 4: I'm impressed totally. That's actually really good to know.
Speaker 2: And especially it's a big trip to IKr. So it's like if you go and you buy stuff and then you don't need it and you're like, well, I'm not going to get there for another six months.
Speaker 4: That's the time where you didn't measure your ceiling height and bought a Christmas tree that was too big?
Speaker 2: Is it like that arguably very comparable? Yes, I like it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's also like if you move into a house and then you leave after a year after your lease over, and you're like, oh, what do I do this stuff? I'm going to take it back to by K And then this next one comes from myself obviously, have you guys sort of mister Rebates.
Speaker 4: Not yet, but I'm sure you're going to teach us. Yeah, I think I myster rebates.
Speaker 2: I know it's like fun, it's giving mister minute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I don't know what that is, but I'm like, is that a.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, you only last time something of all able to use a slur. It's not just.
Speaker 5: No, but mister Rebate is very It's similar to your cash backs or your shot backs of the world things like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, mister rebates, mister rebates.
Speaker 5: And I was like, I was just looking at it because I was like, oh, I need to buy some pre workout.
Speaker 2: There's no way my supplement store is going to be on here. It was the random stores.
Speaker 5: In't there that that like, it's just like you wouldn't no one's I've never heard of it.
Speaker 2: How did you find out about it?
Speaker 4: Because sometimes I feel like I live under a rock and I you know, obviously I am very privy to like shot back and cash rewards in all of those platforms because I use them and love them. I've like, sometimes I can't even remember how I found them. Where'd you find mister rebates?
Speaker 5: God, I got to tell you, I have not a single clue.
Speaker 2: It must have been like a TikTok. I think a TikTok to TikTok.
Speaker 4: It's changing lives.
Speaker 5: It's really like, I'm really on on money talk at the moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, money talk is a good place to be. Yeah, I'm on cosmetic talk and I'd like to get off it because I keep buying more cosmetics.
Speaker 2: Mecca called me. How we change our algorithm? Anyway?
Speaker 4: You can reset your algorithm? How Yep, you can go in and completely clear your cage and like it will reset and give you a brand new for you page if you were sad for some reason.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 4: I want to lose it because I feel like it's reflective of my personalityxation.
Speaker 2: See that no one knows us like TikTok knows exactly.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to a really quick break because on the flip side, we are going to be talking about a money dilemma, which this week is all about how to finance a removable home, And we're going to be chatting about something that you lead into our DMS, about ADHD tax and feeling like a burden on your partner. So guys, don't go anywhere Welcome back, everybody. Let's take a listen to this week's money dilemma. Hi, there, have you got a money dilemma you just can't solve. The Sheese on the Money team is here to help. Every week we tackle your dilemmas, both big and small, to answer your most burning money.
Speaker 2: Career and life questions.
Speaker 4: To get involved, we head to our website and leave us a short voice recording, and you might just find yourself on the show. Now, let's take a listen to this week's money dilemma.
Speaker 2: I vi Juria.
Speaker 7: I'm wondering if you should shed some light on removable homes. I'm looking at buying a few acres in the upcoming years as I have horses. However, there are some great block with night houses on them. I have briefly locked into removable homes through a local company and they seem somewhat affordable. I'm wondering how they work in regards to the mortgage and the loans I deal. I would like to buy the block and the house within a relatively closed time frame. I'm the first home over. Is it in the scope of a mortgage rife to it'ssis being a through removable home? As long as the block of wed. Do I get a mortgage that will cover both or will I need to have put warns for any information on removable homes and buying block would be great.
Speaker 2: Thank you, I got it, not a whole lot. I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 4: Well, you've never mortgaged a removable.
Speaker 2: Home, and even no what a removable home was inuntil just then.
Speaker 4: Okay, So removable homes are increasing in popularity, which kind of makes sense.
Speaker 2: Because everything's so expensive.
Speaker 4: And this is you need to have a chat with a mortgage broker because a removable home could mean a plethora of different things, Like are you talking about like a caravan that you're going to put there, at which point you probably don't need counsel approval, But if you're going to put like a whole setup and plummet in, and it's like technically if you're home kind of like a tiny home, you're going to need counsel approval for that. So you're going to need to look into it. So we need to talk about what a broker would do. So land easy, bread and butter. We can get you land finance because it's a secure asset. It's quite hard to secure finance for the home because it's actually not that stable, Like it's not seen as an asset that they can flog off and get their money. But like the bank can't just liquidate it and get rid of it. And the other issue and the reason that a bank is very unlikely to connect the two so go, oh yeah, no worries because like stepping back for a minute, if you were asking a mortgage broker to help you finance a home and land package, is it great, We do that all the time. But you're asking a broker to help you finance a removable home which arguably adds no value to the land. And because it doesn't add any value to the land, the bank is very unlikely to go, yeah, sure, have even more money on this loan that is now not as secure as it was before.
Speaker 2: So even if it.
Speaker 4: Did add some value, the value would only be able to like be counted after the move had been completed, if that makes sense. So when you talk to a broker, obviously take everything with a grain of salt. All of these situations are going to be different, but they're going to be able to assess your personal situation and work it out. But the broker will probably have a look at financing the land and really bread and butter normal, then maybe trying to finance the tiny home via mortgage if that's an option, if it's seen as stable. We don't know, maybe there's some issues with how big it is and the footprint and whatnot, and you know how quote removable it is. But on the flip side, you might also need to go down a more unsecured finance root for that, or you might save up buy the property on finance and then use the cash that you have for the tiny home because often tiny homes are significantly cheaper than like proper homes. Right, So there are a lot of different options, but I think it's important to start conversations probably now with a broker around what that might look like, because the last thing you want is to find the perfect block of land and find the perfect home and then realize I actually can't finance any of this because the bank actually won't finance the home and I don't have the cash to do that, or I need all the cash to get the block of land as my deposit.
Speaker 2: Right, So just work out all.
Speaker 4: The moving parts and what that would look like, because they're all going to be very different, but I wouldn't be surprised if the route you go down is kind of like personal finance for the house in the same way that you might personally finance like a Winnebago or a caravan or something like that.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 5: I mean, like, whatever you do, good luck on your journey. It sounds like a really sounds like a really cool idea. I feel like I would like to in my head it was like a freedom right tent or something, but no fold up ten. It's a tiny hoe that makes so much sense. For some reason, I thought it was something like that, like something fold down. But that's really cool. I feel like the freedom to just be like, I don't want to live here anymore.
Speaker 2: Yea, yeah, doing whatever you want?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 4: Do you want to get into this week's DM Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Of course you do. You ready? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey, she's on the money. I really need some advice because I feel like I'm letting my partner down. I have ADHD, and while there always are so understanding, I can't help but feel like a burden. We are always paying the ADHD tax because I forget to pay the bills on time, and then we get hit with fees, and I procrastinate on big purchases, so the price goes up. My partner has had to take over most of the financial management to keep us on track, and even though they never complain, I know it's exhausting for them. They're patient and supportive, but every time I mess up, I feel like I'm adding to their stress. It's hard to not feel inadequate when they're picking up the slack for something I know I should be better at. I want to contribute more and be a true partner, but I don't even know where to start. I just want to find a way to lighten their load without making things worse or feeling like.
Speaker 2: I'm failing them. That breaks my heart. You're feeling that way. That sucks. Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 5: I live adhd Well, that's it exactly exactly I think. With my partner Jess, I'm like constantly, like constantly barking on about mental load, mental load, and like she's very organized and things like that. So I'm like hyper aware of that and I don't want her to like take on more than she needs to. I don't want to like stress or exhausts her. She is just naturally better at those things. That's something you must keep in mind that if your partner does not have ADHD, maybe they're this kind of stuff like life admin and stuff might not stress them out.
Speaker 2: As much as someone who does have ADHD.
Speaker 5: So that's something to keep in mind, but not to say that don't worry about it, that'll be fine.
Speaker 4: They can deal with that kind of thing. Just to say that you can wear this much too, yeah, totally. Well that's just me, that's just how I am.
Speaker 5: Yeah, totally totally, so I can completely understand that. But yeah, I think when you are conscious of a mental load and then you're like, I'm going to make sure I'm really good at this.
Speaker 2: I'm going to make sure that I remember this, and.
Speaker 5: Then you just consistently are like, oh crap, this person had to remind me to do this or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's like, I feel like I'm failing.
Speaker 5: But I'm curious to know if this If our listener has any kind of like For example, for me, I have Google calendar that sink also to my phone. I check it every day, and also have like an everything literally list that says everything every day and it's every single thing I have to do every single day, including brushing my teeth, including I'm impressed every sability, yeah, and everything I need to check like petrol, everything, everything, because there's something that's going to be lacking and I'm going to forget about it for months. And so I wonder if our listener has any of those, like alarms to alarms constantly going off on my phone for things like I just dismissed No, so that doesn't work for me.
Speaker 2: That's fair final work.
Speaker 4: But the list thing, that's why I'm known for my cleaning schedule. Like people are like, oh my gosh, V so organized. No, V so disorganized. That's why she needs a whole schedule. This is when this has to happen. And this is when this has to happen, because like I get overwhelmed, and so if you said, hey, they on Tuesday you have to clean the house where yeah, oh my god, you start get analysis paralysis and then you know what we're doing. We're actually just going to organize the cosmetics. Yeah, we're actually just gonna pull the entire laundry apart and reassemble it. And then you're going to come home and did I'm mop the floors? Absolutely not. But look at this other thing that I did pantry organization, Stella. Why is the bathroom an absolute mess?
Speaker 2: Victoria. Yes, the priorities are off. That is why I need a whole schedule.
Speaker 4: If this is what happens on a day to day basis, this is what happens on a week to week basis, and every month, this is what I do because when I'm feeling overwhelmed, I go back to my list. And I think that that is a really great coping tool for ADHD because then your job is to just check the list. And in this situation where you're managing finances, maybe you need to write a list of like every week I pay for netball, and every month I pay my phone bill, and like you have a date that you go through and check and pay those things. So instead of like, oh, every week, I will make sure that I check X, like you know what date it comes in, so on that week that gets paid on that date. How I do manage it just as somebody who doesn't struggle with these things.
Speaker 2: No, I think for most people that exist somewhere obviously, neurodivergens is a spectrum. There's so many different things, and I think a lot of what can be done regardless of you know what kind of point of difference you have is finding coping mechanisms that work for you. So you've both just listed two different you know, types of or ways of doing things that work really well for you guys. They might not work for somebody else. But I think it's about a little bit of trial and error, like trying list error is trying, you know, remind us of your phone trying like some people use what is it like audio, some kind of audio thing. Like, there's lots and lots of different things out there, and I think it's largely about finding what works for.
Speaker 4: You to do, because it's like the alarm thing you said that worked for you.
Speaker 2: I tried all idea, and.
Speaker 4: It's not because I think I'll switch it off. It's because I put all the alarms. I went in and I set them all up. Because like one thing that we're good at is like the motivation at the start to get it all organized. Did that and then I see it pop up and I'm like, I don't want to do that, dismiss and then I never think about it ever again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's trial and error to find what works for you. I also think perhaps automation of your bank account so having money ortomatically debit from one plate, you know your money. Maybe you have a bill's fund. Yeah, all your bill's autod debbit out of there, and it's set up so you actually can be quite hands off, but everything goes where it needs to go, so it can debit and you can do that.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people assume that, Oh, if the you know, phone company, for example, didn't offer a direct debit option, I can't do that, like I have to manually do it. But you can go into your bank account and set up an automatic transfer on a particular date to a specific account number and BSB code or a bpay reference like and you could go, okay, well, every month, I know that my phone bill is thirty five dollars, so two days after the bill comes in, in my head, I'm going to set up that automatic thing and then if I go over then at least I know.
Speaker 2: The base bill is covered. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I think that that is a really good wages of automating things because it's like one and done. You set it all up and then just check in on it every couple of months to make sure that things haven't changed and they're still going through and like, that's a good idea. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other thing I would say is, like I guess the moretional aspect of it is I would remind you that a partnership is exactly that, Like there's it's give and take, and so it's filling the gaps, you know, of where the other might have. What is a mental crack for you might be something that's so simple for your partner. So rather than feeling like you're a burden, which I'm sure that you're not, I would say, what are your strength what are your strong suits? Like, I'm sure that there are things that you're really good at. Do you get your you know, hyper fixated and a cleaning task? Can you once a month do a deep clean of a part of the house, or can you take on, you know, yard duties, or can you walk the dog every day? Or is there something that you can do with you know, within the realm of what needs to be done as a part of your partnership, within the household that you can take on that then comes off your partner's plate. Because I think it's all about balance and just because you know, you feel like they're taking a lot of the mental load. I think it's really kind that you're so aware of this and wanting to make sure that it's good and that's awesome, but also give yourself some grace and know that there's absolutely somewhere within the relationship that you can add value and that you can do whatever what you're really good at. And I think that you know you've said your partner doesn't complain, they love you, right, Like, at the end of the day, we.
Speaker 4: Love my partner, and I still complain. So interesting, but we you know, a.
Speaker 2: Partnership is appreciating someone good and bad. You're seeing arguably the worst, probably.
Speaker 4: Got some things that they're like, oh my god, I wish I was better at XYZ for my partner, So.
Speaker 2: Talk to them, be like what can I do? Like, what's something like if it's not finding you know, if you get to the point where say I've tried all the things, I've set the alarms, I've done the bladh lah dah, and it just doesn't work for me, go Okay, what's a different area that I can focus on that I can then add my own value? And I think that's very valid and fair too. Yeah, no, I like it, we very well said. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We did also ask the community. So we said, in your relationships, how has managing finances worked. Fifty five percent of you said, one person naturally takes charge.
Speaker 2: I think that's very common.
Speaker 4: Twenty nine percent of you said it's usually shared pretty evenly, and sixteen percent of you said, I've only ever managed my own. We then asked how if you ever felt like you're letting down your partner financially. Thirteen percent of you said, oh, my god, all the time, thirty five percent of you said yeah, sometimes, and fifty two percent of you said no, I'm pretty on top of everything.
Speaker 2: Wow. Okay, she's on.
Speaker 4: The muddy clean like a sligh but for this community member, not relatable. We then said, all right, what are your two cents? One person said, try out a money date every so often and do it together. Automation is going to be the best hute. Someone else said, their partner sounds like a gem. It's okay to have different strengths in a relationship. Someone else said, your ADHD isn't a burden. It makes you caring and special and that is so valuable.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: Ye I love that too, but I'm not gonna lie my ADHD. It's a superpower. It's fantastic. It's also a burden, Like, don't get me wrong. Like on one side, I'm like, oh, it's why I'm as successful as I am, and it's why I get to do what I do, and it's why I you know, function well in all these spaces. But like, my gosh, it is a burden on the flip side. And I'm not disagreeing with you. This is a really nice sentiment, but to sometimes say like, oh, it's not a burden at all, Like, girlfriend, I'm stressed.
Speaker 2: That is a burden, Like.
Speaker 4: I just need to work through it, and I just need a framework or a structure that works for me. And it's work to then get to that framework or structure, because it's so disheartening when you try something right, like when you go through your phone and you set up all the alarms so that everything happens, and then you literally it just doesn't work, and you're like, nothing's gonna work. You just need to like have a bit more grit, Yeah, try and try again and find another solution, because I promise there'll be one that fits. It just might not be that one. Yeah, someone else said I feel like this with my chores. I have ADHD and struggle with day to day stuff ADHD can be exhausting. Do you know what I'm seeing is that a lot of people are saying, like I'm really struggling with it, medication is not always the answer, going and seeing somebody and talking about like ways to manage it. Yeah, like a therapist, a psychologist, a psychiatrist, Like my entire life is different. Like I'm talking about medication here because that's the one thing that has really really worked for me. But just like my days are different when I'm medicated and when I'm not. My team you guys know, I walk into the studio jess lgo you're not medicated today, I'd be like pounded, you're not And.
Speaker 2: I'm like halfway up the wall. Oh, you just had a different handbag today to ADHD.
Speaker 4: And I'm not saying that that's right or wrong, but there are lots of different coping mechanisms, and if you're really struggling, please reach out for help and support and ask for it. Because when people are like, oh, I feel like this with chores, like you don't have to feel like that with chores. You don't have to feel like that with your partner, Like you don't have to feel like a burden, Like there are solutions that you can look into, and lots of people are going to be like, oh, I don't want medicate, You don't need medication. There are lots of things that you can do that would help here, but a lot of it involves professional intervention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been intersessional. Explore your options and if you know whether or not you take them, it's up to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, someone else said, as an ADHD queen, as soon as I get a bill, I have to pay it instantly. Direct debit is also a god sent someone else said, automate, automate, automate, and I put reminders for three times in my phone for everything else.
Speaker 2: Yes, you.
Speaker 4: Mean someone else said, please be kind to yourself. Money is hard for everyone at some time in life. It's all in communication with your partner. I think that one's the perfect one to end on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Greatious, Oh my gosh, have the best day, guys. I'm so glad to be back. If you haven't been following along, we still have the thirty day Reset going on online and it is available to sign up for for all of January. So if you've been thinking about kick starting your finances or just get on track, or even just joining a community of women who just want better for themselves, like we're just doing stuff when we're getting it done, like thirty day reset, I can't think of something sexier.
Speaker 2: At the start of the year. So motivating exactly.
Speaker 4: And if you also were like, oh, I'm going to set goals at the start of the year and then you didn't do it, like there's still time, I have got you. But anyway, guys, have the best day and we'll see you bright early on Monday for a money diary by guys.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 4: The advice shared on She's on the Money is general in nature and does not.
Speaker 2: Consider your individual circumstances.
Speaker 4: She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision. If you do choose to buy a financial product.
Speaker 6: Read the PDS TMD and obtain appropriate financial.
Speaker 4: Advice tailored towards your needs.
Speaker 6: Victoria Divine and She's on the Money are authorized representatives of Money Shirper Pty Ltd ABN three two one is six four nine two seven seven zero eight a f s L four five one two eight nine
Speaker 1: M