Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. Happy Friday, we guys.
Speaker 2: I went to a club that day and a guy transferred me ten dollars to punch him in the face.
Speaker 1: I don't think, what are you doing in a club? You're geriatric? And I said, how old are you?
Speaker 3: I keep se twenty four, you're twenty seven, but are you twenty eight yet?
Speaker 1: I'm twenty eight. Damn.
Speaker 2: I was born on the third or the third, nineteen ninety five, imagine third of the third, two thousand.
Speaker 3: I've been saying, I think she's twenty seven, but truly asking.
Speaker 1: People are always.
Speaker 2: Asking in a like an interested way, I think.
Speaker 1: Because they ask me how old I am? Yeah, you're giving thirty five class.
Speaker 3: No, all due respect, No you wish that's the thing.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: The thing that people are saying is I'm quite ageless. Like if you said I was thirty five, it would make sense. He said I was twenty five, it would make sense. But people are said, no, this is what's coming up. People say that it's my personality, not my personal it's my the what I speak about, my interests that age me out.
Speaker 2: Also, not a dumb, bitchy age out. Get that language out of your mouth, age me out.
Speaker 3: I believe that. Okay, I wanted to who are like? I want to be timeless forever. I'm gonna stick to conventional milestones of living. I'm only unconventional in the way that I want to achieve these milestones. I want to be a forty five year old husband. I don't want to try and be like up to date with everything. It's too hard and also you, I don't want to be at odds with my current reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a good one.
Speaker 2: What's it called cognitive dissonance?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I just want to flow with the way that it is. But I feel like twenty nine suits me. I think it's quite accurate for like where I'm at, definitely as opposed to being twenty one and being like everybody thinks that I could be twenty five because I'm so much O oh, my friends are twenty five because I'm semucha how's.
Speaker 2: It go now, boy, flexing friends, let's get it.
Speaker 1: This is flex and rooms kit.
Speaker 3: I just want to know does Big sun Screen want us all to get cancer? Because I don't know if there's any kind of product that should be so straightforward, so cut and dry. That is the most confusing. Ever, recently I found out from Instagram, so doing my own research or big sunscreen didn't come to me that I've been applying my sunscreen wrong. Now, someone who has gone on record to give sunscreen application tips, this is very confusing to me. The tip that I've been using thus far is about the quantity of sunscreen you need to use. People of stress that on your face, you need to use two fingers worth of sunscreen, So literally squeeze sunscreen onto one finger, onto another finger, and then apply that onto your face. Yes, and then you still need to reapply, which I'm never doing. I'm not outside for that long. Then I came across this video from lab muffin Beauty Science Okay that said this, I.
Speaker 4: See people doing this a lot, rubbing in their sunscreen too much, which this actually lowest protection because you start to mess up the layer. You make the sunscreen go into the furs of your face and into your hands and you start removing sunscreen from your skin. This study found that rubbing instead of gentle application can drop the SPF by up to a quarter. So apply it gently, rub as little as you can. If you leave it, the white cast usually settles down a bit. If you can't get the white cast to go away without lots of rubbing, you should probably switch to a different sunscreen.
Speaker 3: What did hear this? Let me just reiterate for those who might have zoned out, Yes, present, if you rub in your sunscreen too much, which what is that? From what I saw in the video, it's how everybody applies sunscreen. You apply it until that kind of white cast is gone, and it's almost like emulsified into your skin. Right, That's how we usually do it. But this person is saying, if you apply it too much, you can reduce the efficacy of the SPF by twenty five percent, which means you're SPF fifty is now SPF thirty seven point five.
Speaker 2: Nory Noorri, it's not good.
Speaker 3: That's not good at all. Then this idea I've known for a long time. There's been this kind of conspiracy about this white cast in sunscreen. People usually say that's an indicator. It's like, you know, not the right fit, or you're not meant to be you're not meant to see the sunscreen when you put it on. But now this person is saying the sunscreen is kind of meant to sit on your face in an intact layer, almost like icing a cake, Like you're meant to want to put it on evenly and then let it absorb.
Speaker 2: That makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: It makes so much sense.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what I do on my body when I'm at the beach or you know, I'll do it like if I'm going rollerblating, or if I'm going to the beach and I don't have to put makeup, like I only rub it in when I'm like using my mecha sunscreen goaded and then have to put makeup over the top. Then I'll real get it in the crevices ineffective. Yeah, damn. This is really important.
Speaker 3: So when it comes to applying your sunscreen, think of it as icing on a cake. Spread it evenly, let it set. Good luck.
Speaker 5: If you can't get the w cast away without rubbing intensely, as lab muff and beauty scientists said, you might need a new sunscreen.
Speaker 2: Often we do get a fantastic voice note from the community, and today is like no other. I'm not going to preface anything, but this is something specifically for you. Flex Mummy aka Leli Nhankan Mickey play the tape.
Speaker 6: Hey, So I just thought i'd send a message in because I am finding it really funny that y'all are talking about cults so much recently because I was actually in a cult for two years and it was Flex's podcast with Bobo that pulled me out of that cult by helping me think about things more logically and question my beliefs. So shout out to Flex for that, and yeah, I guess just to follow up about my journey since then. I left at the end of last year, and it's so weird leaving a cult because I'm having to basically unravel my mind and all the beliefs that were inserted into my brain for the last two years and having moments where I both laugh at the things that I was taught but also wonder if they're actually Legit is so surreal and sometimes really confusing.
Speaker 5: So that's my life right now. What the heck it is? I thought you meant, bobone Flex was the cult, not do you know what?
Speaker 1: Okay, you didn't hear Okay.
Speaker 3: So basically, we had this listener who said that they were in a cult for two years and the only reason why they left the cult is they listened to my old podcast that I had about philosophy and psychology and critical thinking, unpacking ideas, and through listening applying that to her life, she realizes in a cult and left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what the break was called. Flex Saved a life.
Speaker 3: Do you know what's so funny? When I was doing that podcast at the time, the reason why I stopped, one of the top three reasons was I was like, this is futile. I'm gonna come on this podcast. I'm gonna say the same things again and again, make the same point, and it's not gonna reach anyone, and it's gonna it's gonna be so tiresome. Come to find out, the work has been done about you.
Speaker 7: Eight.
Speaker 2: You deserved some sort of aom for that. Literally, Am Order of Australia Midle, I'm gonna need that voice memo. I'm gonna need that MP three. The testimonials, This is something special. I've never heard a testimonial that important for somebody's life path.
Speaker 1: Truly, you Flex.
Speaker 2: Mummy pulled someone out of an actual cult and they're still unraveling their minds thanks to Flex.
Speaker 3: That is cooked and that's why people the price continues to go up.
Speaker 2: Everyone I bit the bullet, I'm going to New York, said, hey, that is insane.
Speaker 3: And why am I hearing this for the first time with everybody else babies?
Speaker 2: Because I booked my flight yesterday and we don't text.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was ant be excited because now, like, what is this?
Speaker 2: No, because I was waiting to like, I haven't told anyone.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, great, I feel better about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like, well, I didn't tell you because I didn't tell anyone until after I did it.
Speaker 3: That's very hot and sexy and kind of a bit of a worrisome thing for you. Because if there's one thing about miss Freebiana, she's definitely going to seek feedback from I'm going to say upward to ten people before making decisions.
Speaker 1: So what is this about?
Speaker 2: I just love to chat? Okay. So I've got two friends from home who live in New York. They both have spare bedrooms, and I'm going to stay with them.
Speaker 1: We've got spare bedrooms in New York.
Speaker 2: I don't know babies literally anyway, So my concurrently, my bestie Eliza, is actually going over there anyway for a month and a few months ago, I was like to her, Oh my god, you're in New York, Like I really wanted to go in September. I'm like, can I come. She's like, oh, like ooh nah, Like I kind of just want to have a bit of time alone fair And I was like a cut in that moment. We had been away together in the Northern Highlands and it really and she was like, I'm feeling isolated this year. But I took it on the gin. And then she was over the other day We're doing a WFH day together at my house and she's like, oh, like, why don't you come to New York And I crossed my hands. I said you told me no, and she said not with me.
Speaker 1: Generally.
Speaker 2: But then I was like, oh whatever, I'll just look at flights, look at flights. Why within five minutes have I booked a flight or United return return flight Babe, fifteenth of September to the twenty fifth September. So I love a cheeky little ten day ten dayer to the New York girlies listening, Thank you so much for your work. If you see me in New York, please direct me to the best place to see comedy and eat food, because I have zero plans. I was thinking like should I do a question box on Instagram? Being like, can I have your tips? But also I don't want to feel like I'm missing out on and you think, so maybe I'll just go what do you reckon?
Speaker 3: I would avoid the question box thing because realistically, the best recommendations come from people who know you quite well. Yeah, and so you can gauge whether or not it's a recommendation you want.
Speaker 6: Do.
Speaker 3: The thing that I did suss out some people who look interesting in New York. DM them you're a blue ticker, say I'm coming like people that you like, mutual friends or people that you're a fan of. Do you have them reach out and be like where should I go? Ask them?
Speaker 2: My friend Johnny actually said to me, you know, you got those friends that just link you so well with other people. He's like, you would really like this comedian of that won't say a name because I don't know if we can link.
Speaker 1: But like very cool stuff like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but okay, so maybe I put on my story. Does anybody want to hang?
Speaker 1: No? I just don't understand how you and meeting up.
Speaker 2: With one of my penpals from many years I love that, so it's amazing. It's going to be really fun. I'm excited that broad brief.
Speaker 1: Does anyone want to head my I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like if you follow me and you live in New York, like the common name denominator, is that you're cool. Nope. I just want to pull it out and got to see it's a big city. Just want to get a few bites, a bit of a don't mean hit.
Speaker 3: You know, anyway, when you make your first post in New York, the right people will reach out.
Speaker 2: You're right, You're right. The things I want to definitely do is go shopping for secondhand fines and go and watch comedy every night.
Speaker 1: Stunning.
Speaker 2: And the good thing about Eliza being there and staying with my friends is they all have jobs.
Speaker 1: So she's also staying in the spare bedrooms that you know.
Speaker 2: No, no, she's in other mates. So I've got through run or whatever on but also not get lonely psychonic frou meno through me boo, mummy, let's mom, you're listening to flex and Rooms on Kater tell me why I found myself at Club seventy seven in Lacross a few weekends ago. It was a random night out. It just so happened to occur. I was not expecting it. What started off as a dinner that I almost didn't go to because I wanted to stay home and watch Sex and the City devolved into a.
Speaker 1: Four you're getting off Sex and the City.
Speaker 2: I know, trying to but it's just too good. The last and just like that came out recently, so I have to go back to the archives. Anyway, waiting line up at the bar, this guy comes up to me, tassy on the shoulder and he goes, Hey, I'll give you ten bucks if you can punch my friend in the.
Speaker 1: Face, give you ten bucks.
Speaker 2: This is a setup like yeah.
Speaker 1: Daily Mail's outside.
Speaker 2: Never been papped, but it's a fantastic way to start today's the day. And I go, no, you're not, like show me the ten bucks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like money First, he's like, all right, i'll pay id you.
Speaker 2: What's your number? I thought, is this an elaborates to get my number?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because this man is certainly could be my child what he was young. I mean I didn't have my period when I was ten though, so maybe not. Anyway, it's a lot. Anyway, He's like, all right, I pay id you I'm not thinking he's this give him my number ten dollars straight away into.
Speaker 1: The Everyday Savings account.
Speaker 2: I say, damn, I'm going to punch his king in the face. And I'm looking at him. We are like where this microphone is face to face? Have you ever punched someone redacted? So I'm like, he already prepared.
Speaker 1: I have it in me.
Speaker 2: I have a fight.
Speaker 1: You're a beast, I can tell.
Speaker 2: And his eyes were like bulging, like I don't know what he was on or what he was doing, but he was like looking at me so intently. It's like, punch me, punch me.
Speaker 1: Was he tense?
Speaker 2: Tense like like preparing for like trying to push a poo out, tense like eyes bulging?
Speaker 1: And I did a.
Speaker 2: Little like hit him, be serious, And my friend's like this is embarrassing, like just do it. I can feel the bartender's looking. I'm mates with Katie the bartender, so she's like, what is this chick doing? Like you're all gonna get kicked out. Then the security is rounding around and I'm trying. I'm going in to be fast. I've hit about fifteen punches.
Speaker 3: Oh my slow, slowly getting at the floor, said a request for the extra one fifty.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Dad mail frooms in a brawl.
Speaker 5: In a brawl, fifteen punches were calculated.
Speaker 1: To be thrown. So anyway, I'm like you to not commit to the bit.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: I just thought it's gonna be on camera and this could be this is not looking good, So.
Speaker 5: I'll do fifteen small punches and not one big one, just.
Speaker 2: So you get it from every angle. Anyways, I don't know did they end up getting kicked out. I didn't see them doing it to any other chicks. I just must have seen a crazy look in my eyes and thought this is a good tugger.
Speaker 1: But ten bucks is ten bucks.
Speaker 2: Oh and I used it to buy some gusmand and Gomez the next night.
Speaker 1: Well, you didn't buy anything was free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I save the money and use it later.
Speaker 1: You gained ten dollars.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. It is time now for a game that we have recently created here in the CA Diverse. It is by the brain of Mickey, and it is guess the song Me and Flexy go head to head. We let out a bit of primordial steam and irritation that we have towards each other, and then a game format.
Speaker 1: Let's just get in the ring.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna you would you know, like boxing match?
Speaker 2: No, not letting someone hit me in the face. Yeah, like the like I would love the feral energy, but like hit me below the face and we're going yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I've got a theme, you know a thing?
Speaker 2: What's the theme?
Speaker 1: Babe?
Speaker 7: So this week's theme is year six six disco in the early two thousands.
Speaker 1: Say it's over a few I'm not getting this. Why do you intend on setting me up?
Speaker 2: Put your headphones on?
Speaker 7: Please, please put your headphones on. Flexy, yes, mommy, if you're new here, The way this game works is that I'm gonna play one second of a popular song relating to the category, and Flex and Fooms have to buzz in and tell me what the song is. But to get the answer right, I need the song name and the artist.
Speaker 1: Can I have buzz by saying and I'm fine with that. I'm fine with that, just like a gesture.
Speaker 2: I was, oh yeah, yeah, okay, no.
Speaker 7: Me, are you ready, ladies, Let's go.
Speaker 2: Toxic Brittis fish.
Speaker 1: I had that. Sorry, I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 2: Give me that point, yeah, one point Flex. It's actually kind.
Speaker 1: Of easy to see you guys, are not gonna lie.
Speaker 5: Hold on, let Mickey decide who.
Speaker 1: Drop like dog?
Speaker 7: One point?
Speaker 2: No, you can't actually, okay, let's do it that way for me. Beyonce Delicious and I was gonna say Jelly by Beyonce.
Speaker 7: Bran two points to flex one point.
Speaker 5: Oh oh me skater boy Avril a bem.
Speaker 2: Thank you please, Mickey, you didn't have that.
Speaker 1: No, I thought it was some Hillary Duff type of thing.
Speaker 7: Okay, we've only got two more left flexes in the lead.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh that was me, Shakira hips don't lie.
Speaker 1: There was a bit of a delay on. That was a beautiful I'm hungry for this wind girl.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, this is the last.
Speaker 2: One American idiot green.
Speaker 3: Day that said nothing to me. So you you ate that that was all you.
Speaker 2: Don't want to be an American.
Speaker 7: Australia's home of hip hop and you've been listening to the Flexing Frooms Daily Podcast. For more, tune Indicator on D A B or stream it on iHeartRadio.