Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: It is Father's Day this weekend, and ninety nine point nine percent of you that is the first you're hearing about it. I guarantee it is because you walk around your suburb. There's no shot front windows with like balloons and flowers and chocolates. Maybe you might see something in the wind of Dan Murphy's or a bottle shop somewhere by, some whiskey or a slaber beer. Treat your dad to some beer this weekend on Father's Day. It isn't the same equal billing.
Speaker 3: As Mother's Day. No, not even quite.
Speaker 1: That is fair to say because Audrey normally has the you know the parents' day stalls at school where the kids get some money, you buy them a voucher and they go and get you something.
Speaker 2: So what do they do at school for Mother's Day? Aren't mum sort of invited in for a special source? Get that used to get like a special presentation, you know.
Speaker 1: The home extu rub on everything, half a day off and cook your scones.
Speaker 2: Sort your bunions out.
Speaker 1: But this year they've they've candidate because well, nothing for Dad's nothing for dad's because well she's grade six. I don't do it for grade six, but Chris is very put out.
Speaker 2: I think actually for once you get up with grade six, up until eleven and twelve, that's where mums and dad should be the most braised. That's when you really need a high five somewhere.
Speaker 3: But it's always the.
Speaker 1: Cool stuff, all the homemade stuff. Like one year he got a cardboard tie with a bit of elastic to wear to work, and she done like some beautiful boy, tasting on it and pitches.
Speaker 2: And if you gave your kid that under a Christmas tree, some cardboard shoes or something, they've been calling some helpline, they take you away. I'm just giving it mat You obviously thought I'd love this joyous thing so much, a cardboard flip and tie to wear it work.
Speaker 1: And it was massive, it was about six foot wide.
Speaker 2: Oh great, Bozo the clown. I've noticed that, and I like everyone to keep their eye off of this. In your inboxes over the next couple days, you'll see a lot of emails that companies who email you anyway, newsletters you've signed up for without ticking that box, or you tick that box, think and it said no but you didn't chuck the small promoss's. Actually you were saying, yes, gotcha, they all will whatever they're trying to sell you. Then now suddenly this week it turns into an amazing Father's Day offer. I had one over the weekend for anti viral computer, so want look after his hard drive.
Speaker 3: Can't make that out of cardboard, you can't.
Speaker 2: So have a look in your inboxes if you get any emails Father's Day special, and then you see what it is they're trying to think is a great gift for Father's Day.
Speaker 3: I got one yesterday for the pancake parlor offering for this Sunday only, a two core set menu for duds.
Speaker 2: Oh chefs, table for Papa.
Speaker 3: Please, pancakes for advertiser, pancakes for entree.
Speaker 2: All right, So if you're see any just forwarded the just forward the emails onto me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au carl. A brighter note, you're listening to the Christian o'carl Show podcast